PDA

View Full Version : NFL Two-Thousand Six (or MMVI)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

bobafrett
01-23-2007, 10:59 PM
Why would Frett travel that far just to watch his team lose ? :D

I predict The Colts win in 6 games, 4-2, but I hope Da Bears can make a series out of it. :(

Good luck, Frett! :)

Um, Caesar, this is football, not baseball. The Bears will beat the Colts, but it only is one game. That's it buddy, Sunday February 4th, one game, one Team wins it, the other goes home, not winning it. :yes:

2-1B
01-24-2007, 12:09 AM
Of course it's not baseball, it's not like the Cubs or White Sox would ever be in position to win a Title. Errrrrrrr, well one of those two anyway. :crazed:

Seriously though Frett, I live in Packer Country but I am pulling for the Bears. Good luck and have fun. :)

scruffziller
01-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Of course it's not baseball, it's not like the Cubs or White Sox would ever be in position to win a Title. Errrrrrrr, well one of those two anyway. :crazed:

Seriously though Frett, I live in Packer Country but I am pulling for the Bears. Good luck and have fun. :)

Most people up here who were Pattie, Dirty Birdies, and Cowboys fans are all pulling for Da Bears. But not the Facker fans here.

bobafrett
01-25-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm all ready for the Super Bowl.......Bring it on Indy!

scruffziller
01-27-2007, 03:16 PM
The NFL announced today that for financial reasons
they had to eliminate one team from the league.

So they've decided to combine the Green Bay
Packers and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and form one team, causing many layoffs but saving millions of dollars in costs,
they will be known as the..........
TAMPACKS.

Unfortunately, they're only good for one period

and have no second string...

Mad Slanted Powers
01-28-2007, 01:19 AM
The NFL announced today that for financial reasons
they had to eliminate one team from the league.

So they've decided to combine the Green Bay
Packers and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and form one team, causing many layoffs but saving millions of dollars in costs,
they will be known as the..........
TAMPACKS.

Unfortunately, they're only good for one period

and have no second string...It would also be more efficient to refer to them as "Bay" without the "Green" or "Tampa".

JetsAndHeels
01-28-2007, 01:40 AM
I would just like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that the Patriots still suck.

Thank you.

scruffziller
01-28-2007, 07:59 AM
I would just like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that the Patriots still suck.

Thank you.

I will second that.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-28-2007, 11:02 AM

Thank you.While I, too, have an Anakin-on-the-lava-bank feeling for the Gnu Dingaling Patsies, they are a good team. They play sound defense, run an efficient offense with capable players. But they're gaining the arrogance that comes from success and assumption of victory, adding in a little bullying and a slight dash of cheating. For a recipe? Of leftover Pro Bowl Coach Surprise, with a side of Costly Turnover Cake.

Go Mike Tomlin's Steelers.

UKWildcat
01-30-2007, 11:02 PM
So are the Bears going to be doing the Super Bowl Shuffle (http://www.captainfunny.com/videos/Funny/Super_Bowl_Shuffle) again this weekend?

lol

I'm not a Chicago Bears fan, and I'll be pulling for the Colts... but I just have to say... that video is nothing short of awesome!!! :thumbsup:

bobafrett
01-31-2007, 07:45 AM
So are the Bears going to be doing the Super Bowl Shuffle (http://www.captainfunny.com/videos/Funny/Super_Bowl_Shuffle) again this weekend?

lol

I'm not a Chicago Bears fan, and I'll be pulling for the Colts... but I just have to say... that video is nothing short of awesome!!! :thumbsup:

Ahhhhh, yes, I do remember the video! I wonder if after the Bears win, will they do an updated versiom? If I remember correctly, that original shuffle was done before they even got into the Superbowl.

JetsAndHeels
01-31-2007, 11:34 PM
I wonder if after the Bears win, will they do an updated version?

Wow, so the Bears have already won?

Cool now I won't have to watch. :)

Rogue II
02-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Everyone can relax. Brett Farve is returning next season (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArCqKkrBmDoxL79XZgu51Is5nYcB?slug=ap-packers-favre&prov=ap&type=lgns).

Kidhuman
02-02-2007, 05:13 PM
Oh joy, heard it all before. I will return for another season and retire. HE will play 3 more years.

UKWildcat
02-02-2007, 09:19 PM
Awesome!!! I guess we know what our Fantasy league will be called again. :p

I'm actually glad he is returning and I bet Donald Driver is too, along with the rest of the Packer nation. Favre is good people. :thumbsup: (Yea, I said it!)

I can hear Madden now. lol

figrin bran
02-02-2007, 10:41 PM
I TOLD you Brett would be back to sabotage another Packer season! :D

Favre in 07 and 08!

JimJamBonds
02-03-2007, 02:00 AM
Guess what will be the story of '07 (or at least here in Packer country) "Will Favre come back in 2008?" I'm sooo excited to get to read/listen to those stories. :rolleyes: Other then that I'm glad he's back, although that means another year of Aaron Rodgers (or is it Rogers?) sitting on the bench doing nothing. I said it then and I'll say it again, the Packers should have drafted somebody else, while Rodgers may turn into a great QB the Pack could have used somebody playing every game over the last two years, instead they'll have a third year player with next to no experience who won't sniff the playing field 'till he is in his fourth year.

bobafrett
02-03-2007, 08:30 AM
Someone said to me that he heard the Randy Moss would also be making his way to Green Bay. My brother, Sister in Law, and youngest sister are all Packer fans. I dis own them during football season, except for when the Bears shut out the Pack, such as they did the first game of the season.

scruffziller
02-03-2007, 08:30 AM
Everyone can relax. Brett Farve is returning next season (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArCqKkrBmDoxL79XZgu51Is5nYcB?slug=ap-packers-favre&prov=ap&type=lgns).

You mean Luke Skywalker of Obi-Wan McMahon.:D

kool-aid killer
02-03-2007, 02:03 PM
Well, at least he decided sooner rather than later.

GO BEARS!!!

Mad Slanted Powers
02-03-2007, 02:52 PM
GOB EARS? Is that what you get when you are kicked in the head by a Colt?

bobafrett
02-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Got this forwarded to me by a good friend.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-04-2007, 02:13 AM
The cute little horsey is funny.

2-1B
02-04-2007, 11:55 AM
As much as I hate Rex Grossman...I am SOOOOOO sick of hearing about Peyton Manning that I hope Chicago just shreds the Miniature Horses today. Go Bears !

Watch out ladies of Miami if the Bears do win, though, because the Womanizer Urlacher will be out on the prowl. :(

UKWildcat
02-04-2007, 12:18 PM
lol

You funny C.

I too dispise Grossman but I hope Peyton Manning lights up the Bears today. I'd much rather see Peyton get a ring than doodoo Grossman, any day of the week.

Here is my prediction as posted @ Actionfigs:

I think the Colts will win 20-18. The Bears will rely heavily on Robbie Gould and he will boot 3 FGs. Thomas Jones will score the lone TD for The Bears. The Colts will get a pair of field goals and Peyton will toss a pair of touchdowns. The Bears will have a chance to drive down the field and score a game-winning touchdown or kick a game-winning FG, but Grossman will throw an appropriate INT in the process. It will be a really good and close game with The Bears coming up just a bit short.

:D

2-1B
02-04-2007, 01:11 PM
Hey even though I would prefer a Bears win, I kind of hope you are right if it means a good game, Uke. :) 20-18 would be fantastic either way, as long as it doesn't end up as a blowout by the Colts. :)

DarthQuack
02-04-2007, 01:24 PM
Colts 24-21

Mad Slanted Powers
02-04-2007, 02:59 PM
As much as I hate Rex Grossman...I am SOOOOOO sick of hearing about Peyton Manning that I hope Chicago just shreds the Miniature Horses today. Go Bears !

Watch out ladies of Miami if the Bears do win, though, because the Womanizer Urlacher will be out on the prowl. :(There was an article in the local paper today that said Urlacher's cousin goes to Western Washington University.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Quick halftime note. Bears have to:
1. STEP UP THE DEFENSE?!!!? Did they leave it on Chicago?!!? Stop the run and cover those passes! jesus!
2. Take it to the air! I'd almost hate to say it due to all of Rex's shenanigans, but the run isn't do it right now.

Gonna be an interesting second half. C'MON BEARS!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
02-04-2007, 08:08 PM
A sloppy first 1/2 by both teams holding on to the ball. If not for a TO and HEster the Bears would be sucking it up right now. Also, the score might not be as close as it is if the Colts held on to it.

DarthQuack
02-04-2007, 08:17 PM
I can't wait to go to work on Tuesday and just start slapping people in the face!

JetsAndHeels
02-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Phil Simms talks too much. I wish Jim Nance would do like that commercial and bytch slap his annoying a s s.

figrin bran
02-04-2007, 09:28 PM
time to put in Griese!! :p

that was a nice Favre-esque pick that Grossman just threw

Kidhuman
02-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Its over now, 2nd INT. Sorry Frett and JMG, Colts win this one.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Its over now, 2nd INT. Sorry Frett and JMG, Colts win this one.

Yup, I know, It's alright. Defense wasn't there tonight and Rex couldn't find a rhythm. Now time to put my concentration on the Cubs and the 07 season run for the World Series. hehehehe :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
02-04-2007, 09:36 PM
I just heard the word semen during a flomax commercial. Is that really kosher during the Superbowl?

Kidhuman
02-04-2007, 09:37 PM
I think semen can only be used during the Army/Navy game.

DarthQuack
02-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Nice victory for the Colts, I'm happy for Peyton and my Syracuse boy Marvin for getting rings. MVP's should be Addai and Rhodes....just IMO. Bring on baseball!!!!

Kidhuman
02-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Agreed snaps, a well deserved victory and the RB's should be the MVP's

UKWildcat
02-04-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm very pleased with the outcome. Glad the good QB got the ring. :D

Slicker
02-04-2007, 10:32 PM
He just didn't deserve the MVP...

figrin bran
02-04-2007, 10:33 PM
at least we know that Rhodes and Addai were the real MVP's. they combined for 190 yds rushing and Addai caught 10 for 66 but Manning gets MVP for throwing dumpoffs all night and 1 TD to Wayne? nonetheless, i'm happy for the colts.

Looks like Simms made as many stupid errors as Grossman did. on at least 2 instances i heard him saying "last week against New England". excuse me, phil, for the rest of the world that AFC title game was 2 weeks ago. and he called Reggie Wayne "Reggie Bush" twice.

JetsAndHeels
02-04-2007, 10:35 PM
They had to give Peyton the MVP....dude needs a nice car. :)

UKWildcat
02-04-2007, 10:42 PM
lol

That was a sweet ride!

figrin bran
02-04-2007, 10:47 PM
How do you think Edgerrin James is feeling right about now? :p

UKWildcat
02-04-2007, 10:49 PM
Like what the cat covered.

kool-aid killer
02-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Bad Grossman came to Miami. His bobbled snaps and poor throws spelled doom for da Bears.

figrin bran
02-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Bad Grossman came to Miami. His bobbled snaps and poor throws spelled doom for da Bears.

Grossman doesn't play run defense though. i think as much as anything, the inability to stop Addai and Rhodes spelled doom for you guys.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Grossman doesn't play run defense though. i think as much as anything, the inability to stop Addai and Rhodes spelled doom for you guys.

It did. Bears had no defense tonight. Sure, Rex didn't help, but giving up first downs left and right didn't help anything. Bah!

kool-aid killer
02-04-2007, 11:12 PM
As poor as the defense was, in the fourth quarter for as many plays were run against them and for as long as they were on the field they had the Bears a touchdown away from leading. They kept three Colts red zone drives to field goals. How many snaps did Grossman bobble, fumble, and lose yards in that killed drives? And then on two consecutive possessions he throws interceptions, one that goes right to the end zone. One shouldnt have been thrown, and the other was underthrown. Grossman just couldnt get the guys to gain first downs. How many times did he put three together tonight? The guy is a scapegoat for a reason.

Kidhuman
02-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Bottom line, Bears were overrated all season. :p

Mad Slanted Powers
02-05-2007, 12:14 AM
I believe there were 8 turnovers in that game. The last time the Colts were in the Super Bowl, there were 7. Their light jerseys must be good luck, as they won that game (Super Bowl V) wearing light jerseys, as well as the 1958 overtime title game. They lost Super Bowl III with dark jerseys. Don't know about the 1959 title game they won.

Rogue II
02-05-2007, 12:17 AM
He just didn't deserve the MVP...

I'm sure Manning winning the MVP had nothing to do with him being the spokesman for all sorts of NFL Sponsors.

figrin bran
02-05-2007, 12:32 AM
Bottom line, Bears were overrated all season. :p

and we all thought Dennis Green was crazy :p

JimJamBonds
02-05-2007, 01:31 AM

Watch out ladies of Miami if the Bears do win, though, because the Womanizer Urlacher will be out on the prowl. :(

Yeah not so much.

CaptainSolo1138
02-05-2007, 08:04 AM
and we all thought Dennis Green was crazy :pTHE BEARS ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT THEY WERE!

JimJamBonds
02-05-2007, 01:41 PM
THE BEARS ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT THEY WERE!

If you want to crown them then crown there ashe's!

QLD
02-05-2007, 02:42 PM
I'm sure Manning winning the MVP had nothing to do with him being the spokesman for all sorts of NFL Sponsors.

I guess the media just likes 6'5" 240lb. Quarterbacks with Laser Rocket Arms.

Slicker
02-05-2007, 03:34 PM
They should've given the Colts running backs co-MVP honors. They won that game for 'em...so did Rex.

UKWildcat
02-05-2007, 03:36 PM
They should've given the Colts running backs co-MVP honors.

Or the O-Line.

jjreason
02-05-2007, 04:45 PM
The big joke at work today was Rex being the MVP on the Colts' behalf. Yuckin' funny, that one.

I'm borderline disappointed, but not because the Bears let me down. I strongly suspected the Colts would win - the AFC is so much stronger these days - but the Bears just kept hanging around to keep me interested right up until Rex's second pick in the late going. The poor kid, he did such a great job of maintaining his composure all through the playoffs, right up until the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl. Be interesting to see where the Bears go, QB-wise, from here..... I don't think they can take the next step with Rex. :(

JetsAndHeels
02-05-2007, 06:32 PM
The Ravens in 2000 proved that a subpar qb with a good defense can win a championship. Alot of people compared that team to this year's Bears. The only problem is that while Rex had his good moments, there were more bad ones. The guy has heart, but in the end he is the biggest question mark for that team.

bobafrett
02-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Just getting here (while at work) and I must say I'm still upset with the effort (or lack thereof) the Bears put into this game. The one exciting highlight for me happed in the first 14 seconds when Devan Hestor ran back the opening kickoff for a TD. Man I almost lost my voice screaming as he ran down the field. Now I just have to wait until the start of baseball season to see if my Cubs ave improved during the off season.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-05-2007, 10:34 PM
The one exciting highlight for me happed in the first 14 seconds when Devan Hestor ran back the opening kickoff for a TD. Man I almost lost my voice screaming as he ran down the field. Now I just have to wait until the start of baseball season to see if my Cubs ave improved during the off season.That was how I felt in this year's NCAA championship game. OSU gets the reeeeeeally early lead, then proceeds to get blown away in the 59:40+ minutes after.

Go Pirates! Hunt those Cubbies to extinction! Black list the Reds! Blow the heads off the Brew Crew! Kick those Astros! De-canonize the Cardinals! Ahem.

figrin bran
02-05-2007, 10:36 PM

yeah but the only thing is that Peyton doesn't really have a laser rocket arm. certainly not in the league of Favre in his prime or Carson Palmer, JP Losman, Jay Cutler, Daunte Culpepper before the injuries or even Vick. (hey, we're only talking about strength here, not accuracy, right? :p) Peyton's deep balls tend to be more flutter than tight spirals.

btw, i was expecting a heavy dose of "This is Our Country" in yesterday's game but it never came.

bobafrett
02-05-2007, 11:32 PM
Go to this site, and vote for my picture(s). I'm currently second with a 6.4, but that may change by the time you get there. I'm the one that reads "Me at the Bears game with Jimmy K". I'm wearing a red flannel shirt. Thanks!

http://www.wlup.com/bears_photos/browse.aspx

JimJamBonds
02-06-2007, 12:53 AM
Anybody else notice the lack of adjustments by the great Chicago D and have no idea why that was the case?

figrin bran
02-06-2007, 01:09 AM
Anybody else notice the lack of adjustments by the great Chicago D and have no idea why that was the case?

yes, i did wonder why that was the case. i thought that belicheck already proved that the best way to beat manning is to bring lots of pressure against him while employing lots of formation shifts so he never knows where the blitz is coming from. manning in a rhythm is a scary thing and so you do everything you can to stop it from happening.

i guess with cover 2 you can't really do that since you always need the 2 safeties deep to prevent big plays. however, with the downpour of rain, did they really expect peyton to keep airing it out to harrison and wayne? the more they sat back in cover 2, the more he picked them apart with short passes and handoffs to addai and rhodes. in a way, the bears d was even shooting themselves in the foot b/c by conceding all the chunks of short yardage, that kept them on the field longer and wore them out.

Tycho
02-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Just getting here (while at work) and I must say I'm still upset with the effort (or lack thereof) the Bears put into this game. The one exciting highlight for me happed in the first 14 seconds when Devan Hestor ran back the opening kickoff for a TD.

I was laughing because that was funny actually. Indy didn't know what hit them.

The rest of the game was not so funny however, and even before the end of the first half, the Colts were punishing Chicago for Hestor and they continued to do so with brutality, though there were too many fumbles on both sides.

Meanwhile, I voted for your picture on your radio station's site, Frett.

That brought back memories, as I used to listen to rock on "The Loop" when I lived near Chicago. Too funny.

Oh, I was posting when you were so I didn't see this until now: good game analysis Figrin Bran!

pbarnard
02-07-2007, 10:35 PM
i guess with cover 2 you can't really do that since you always need the 2 safeties deep to prevent big plays. however, with the downpour of rain, did they really expect peyton to keep airing it out to harrison and wayne? the more they sat back in cover 2, the more he picked them apart with short passes and handoffs to addai and rhodes. in a way, the bears d was even shooting themselves in the foot b/c by conceding all the chunks of short yardage, that kept them on the field longer and wore them out.

Also, whenever they sent Briggs on a blitz, they were effective in disrupting Manning's reads/progressions. Injuries made the defensive line from Chicago be average. They also had above average to good safeties as well before they went on IR. Course, any speculation on what the score would have been had it not rained? I heard some talking heads today speculate 45+ for the Colts should it have been nice and dry.

Oh, anyone hear why Grossman fumbled and why Manning doesn't fumble wet center/qb exchanges? It is because once a month (or when it's forecasted), on Thursdays, Indy puts all their balls into a bucket of water for at least 2 hours before practice, and than only use those wet balls while on offense. They know how to handle it and what adjustments are made. Jeff Saturday complains about it, but Tony Dungee said today that is probably the reason why they don't get affected by weather despite being a dome team.

Tycho
02-08-2007, 12:09 AM
That's a good idea actually.

I like to practice getting my balls wet, too.

Rogue II
02-08-2007, 11:09 AM
Wade Phillips is the new coach of the Cowboys. I was living in Colorado when the Bills hired Phillips to be their head coach. All the Broncos fans laughed because they hated him so much. I heard Romo said Wade Phillips is a "proven winner". I'm not sure what records Romo was looking at because Phillips finished 16-16 with the Broncos and 29-19 with the Bills and has never won a playoff game. So, I will tell the Cowboys fans the same thing the Broncos fans told me after the Bills hired Phillips.

"HA HA!"

QLD
02-08-2007, 11:29 AM
I didn't like Wade as the d-coordinator in Atlanta. He kept running that 3-4 defense, even though we didn't have the personnel to run it with. The result was, we had no pass rush, and we got toasted constantly. I hate Dallas with every fiber of my being, so that's cool with me.

JimJamBonds
02-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Yeah this one doesn't make sense... although I'd be saying the same thing if Norv Turner got the nod. Apparently there is a young hot shot running the O so hiring a d guy like Phillips makes sense so you don't squash the youngling.... or at least thats what they said on the four letter network.

scruffziller
02-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Wade Phillips is the new coach of the Cowboys. I was living in Colorado when the Bills hired Phillips to be their head coach. All the Broncos fans laughed because they hated him so much. I heard Romo said Wade Phillips is a "proven winner". I'm not sure what records Romo was looking at because Phillips finished 16-16 with the Broncos and 29-19 with the Bills and has never won a playoff game. So, I will tell the Cowboys fans the same thing the Broncos fans told me after the Bills hired Phillips.

"HA HA!"

Wow. I heard that Singletary had the job. I was fixing on becoming a Cowboys fan. Oh well. But not in place of Da Bears.

Kidhuman
02-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Scruff, the head coach was said to be Turner, Garrett, Singletary, Ron Rivera and now it goes to someone completely different. Oh well......

pbarnard
02-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Actually pre-playoffs it was down to Norv Turner and Wade Phillips. After the playoffs started, Jerry Jones started to go for all the up and coming assistants on play off teams but lost out because most of the other teams with vacancies acted faster. Instead, the plan was to bring Jason Garrett in and have Parcells fulfill his contract and than let Garrett take over. It makes sense to bring in an defensive guy while waiting. If Turner would've been brought in, he would have installed his own offense, suffocated Garrett's play calling development and possibly just ran him out of town before he could have been installed (this is also possibly the reason for the delay, in the absence of anyone who Jones wanted, Garrett still wasn't ready to be a head coach). Now he's bought in that throw away coach who can helpfully install a decent defense, while Garrett installs his offense. He sits in the wings of Phillips who is good for 2 average years before being cut loose and the person who Jerry Jones really wanted is installed.

Kidhuman
02-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Since it is now 2007, I shall lock this thread and start anew.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=529586#post529586