PDA

View Full Version : NFL Two-Thousand Six (or MMVI)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Bel-Cam Jos
09-08-2006, 09:50 PM
The defending Super Bowl champs win the season opener... with Charlie Batch under center! Manning, your single-season TD record is going DOWN! :rolleyes: Can da 'Boigh keep it going? Or will the Texans take it all? :eek:

figrin bran
09-08-2006, 11:04 PM
Favre for MVP! Favre in 2007!

2-1B
09-08-2006, 11:11 PM
Madden for Broadcaster of the Year.

JetsAndHeels
09-08-2006, 11:50 PM
Herm Edwards-most plays where he doesn't know the down or how much time is left
Ron Mexico-most outbreaks
Maurice Clarett-most time wishing he hadn't dropped the soap
John Madden-most time scribbling on the screen talking about "double bubbles" (we love you John)
Tony Kornheiser-most time wishing he could b!tch slap Joe Theisman or break his leg again like LT did
Mike Tirico-most time overpronouncing names and screaming in excitement at EVERY SINGLE DAMN PLAY
Chad Johnson-most gold in his grill and td celebrations
Jonathan Vilma-most time wondering why hes the only star on his team
Suzy Kolber-most time avoiding the man, Joe Freakin Namath
Kellen Winslow-most time being a soldier
Charlie Batch-most time wondering why last night he forgot he was charlie batch, and played good
Brett Favre-most time laughing at Aaron Rodgers
Tony Dungy-most time looking for a personality
Randy Moss-most time spent with fans dressed as a dark lord of the sith
Me-most time wondering who the jets will get with the #1 pick next april

JimJamBonds
09-08-2006, 11:57 PM
Favre for MVP! Favre in 2007!

Aaron Rodgers MVP 2006!!!

Rogue II
09-09-2006, 12:19 AM
Me-most time wondering who the jets will get with the #1 pick next april

Hey now, I think the Bills want that #1 pick just as much as the Jets. The Bills would have had a higher pick last year if they didn't somehow beat the Bengals. How did they beat a playoff team?:upset:

figrin bran
09-09-2006, 12:29 AM
Reggie Bush - most yardage lost behind line of scrimmage
Deshaun Foster - most consecutive seasons of playing less than half the season
Vince Young - most time wishing he had stayed at Texas
Peyton Manning - worst fake 'stache.
Cedric Benson - 2nd most time wishing he were still at Texas

Kidhuman
09-09-2006, 02:50 AM
Deshaun Foster - most consecutive seasons of playing less than half the season

I hope not, he s my RB in fantasy football

Darth Jax
09-09-2006, 08:16 AM

ditto that. but he won't make the whole season. by then i'll know which of this years rookie back-ups have been promoted to starters and are producing.

JetsAndHeels
09-09-2006, 08:57 AM
Hey now, I think the Bills want that #1 pick just as much as the Jets.
Hey the Jets and Bills hook up twice this year, so we shall see who wants it more. :)
Of course I won't root my team to lose I just feel like its one of those rebuilding years..the kind theyve been having since Super Bowl 3.

The Bills would have had a higher pick last year if they didn't somehow beat the Bengals. How did they beat a playoff team?:upset:
Well just look at it like I do with my team...even a broken clock is still right twice a day.

UKWildcat
09-09-2006, 09:49 AM
Anyone else really loooking forward to the Colts - Giants game? I can't wait to see the brothers shoot it out in the "Manning Bowl". With the Colts sketchy run-game, I think the Giants have a pretty good chance to pull out the victory. It also helps that the Giants are at home too.

JimJamBonds
09-09-2006, 01:21 PM
Anyone else really loooking forward to the Colts - Giants game? I can't wait to see the brothers shoot it out in the "Manning Bowl". With the Colts sketchy run-game, I think the Giants have a pretty good chance to pull out the victory. It also helps that the Giants are at home too.

"One son will be loved and the other will be forgotten."

Archie Manning

Bel-Cam Jos
09-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Well just look at it like I do with my team...even a broken clock is still right twice a day.Unless it's a digital one, eh? :p

Guys who we may see for the first time: Vince Young, Matt Leinhart, Kellen Winslow Jr. (the NFL's first Rookie-of-the-Year candidate in his 3rd season).

What notable NFL record will fall this season? All kidding aside, the 49 passing TDs will be safe, but I could see the 5083 yds falling (Warner if he stays healthy? or P.Mann himself? McNabb if Philly decides that running the ball is SO 20th century?) or a 300-yd rusher.

Darth Jax
09-09-2006, 05:22 PM
What notable NFL record will fall this season? All kidding aside, the 49 passing TDs will be safe, but I could see the 5083 yds falling (Warner if he stays healthy? or P.Mann himself? McNabb if Philly decides that running the ball is SO 20th century?) or a 300-yd rusher.

i don't care if any of those records fall, as long as the Bucs finally manage to score a TD on a kick return.

UKWildcat
09-09-2006, 09:39 PM
i don't care if any of those records fall, as long as the Bucs finally manage to score a TD on a kick return.

Amen brother!!! Glad I'm not the only one here who wants to see that happen. I know they got one in a pre-season game or something not too long ago, but never in a regular season game. Maybe we'll see it happen tomorrow; I do get the TB - BAL game here. GO BUCS!!! :D

JetsAndHeels
09-09-2006, 11:42 PM
A little over 12 hours until the first games kickoff...man I am so excited I don't think I am going to sleep any tonight.
Well since its so close and I am pumped up here goes nothin...

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!

JetsAndHeels
09-10-2006, 12:04 AM
Hey everybody whats your plans for the games? Here is what I am doin:

leave the house at 10:45am and head to raleigh to pick up my buddy and be at the Jets bar by noon. Got my new Vilma jersey ready to go and I will be sitting at the table taking in good food and 1 dollar beers all during the game!!

Then after jets play I will go over to my buddys apartment and watch all the 4pm games, then we will go out on a football card run....then come back, catch the Manning bowl and probably have some pizza and more beer!!

Monday night I will be ready to watch the double-header and will probably have some more food and drinks readily available!!

Football is back!! Yay football its the best time of year!!

figrin bran
09-10-2006, 01:07 AM

search your feelings...you know it to be true...

deshaun's a bruin and so i always want him to do well. however, let's take a look at his track record - broke ankle in playoffs against the bears, missed rookie season due to injury, missed parts of the 04 season, probably 03 too. i tell you what, trade me something decent for deangelo williams and you won't have to worry :p

i don't buy any of this "shaky" ground game of the Colts...the O line is still the same and they were pretty good. i expect Rhodes to get the bulk of the carries for the time being and that season where edge got hurt, he was pretty good in the starting role...he knows the system and most importantly in this offensive, he knows the protection schemes.

BCJ, NO way Warner lasts the whole season! that Cardinal O line is nothing.

i forgot to add this prediction yesterday - Marcus Vick - taking the league by storm in 07. look out Jerry Rice, your records are gonna fall!

Darth Jax
09-10-2006, 03:50 PM
rocky start for the bucs 27-0, kc loses their quarterback early in the 3rd, and the greatest show on turf only manages 6 fg's but still manage to beat the broncos. hello denver qb controversy.

Kidhuman
09-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Man did the bucs look horrid, I cant beleive the Pats came back and won that game on a safety no less. Jets win, looking foward ot tonights game as I will be flipping back and forth between the game and FOX line up.&

figrin bran
09-10-2006, 06:07 PM
i came home hoping to tune into some games but the power was out! turns out some punks had turned the power supply off to all the units in my building. :upset:

JetsAndHeels
09-10-2006, 06:09 PM
KC Fans, welcome to the Herm Edwards era. Not only did your team have a pitiful performance, but you have lost your starting qb in the process. I am sure Herm is already trying to figure out who to throw under the bus.
But don't take my word for it..check out this gem from a KC message board on Herm's postgame conference:

"This guy is completely clueless. He looked down at the table during his prepared speech like a 10th grader in a speech class. Then he says that everything that went wrong this week is fixable. Sprinkle in a few more generalities with no real analysis, including him saying that "they got to our quarterback a couple of times". A couple of times?? London got bombed a couple of times by the ****'s, the assault that our QBs took today was a full-fledged Dresden firebombing."

Oh yeah, and my Jets played good despite a blown lead in the fourth quarter and some missed opportunities by Mike Nugent. I couldn't be happier with how Chad played.

figrin bran
09-10-2006, 06:13 PM
GRRRRRR!!!! remember when i said Trent Green was on 3 of my teams? (autopick. there's no way i would've tempted fate like that)

grrrr! i bet herm can't even tie his shoes!

JetsAndHeels
09-10-2006, 06:14 PM
Here is yet another fine post on a KC board.

"Welcome to Hermies world. And yes Jet fans feel free to pile on. Some morons on this board though Herpes was our savoir. The guy is a loser and a Tool.

It was so bad I couldnt even drink today.

Man this sucks!

Agian Herm, thanks for the gutless chicken sh*t call in the redzone on 3rd and 5... Way to be a freaking loser and kill this offense.

Gawd we suck. Thanks Herm."

Bel-Cam Jos
09-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Points counter-pointed:

1. True, Warner is as brittle as Chris Miller (well, maybe not that fragile), but he jsut throws and throws, even with Edge in the backfield, to those WRs, so he'd have a shot.

2. Looks like the no-kickoff-return streak continues for one more game (I thought Baltimore'd win, but not by shutout) for the Bucs.

3. Never, EVER put all your fantasy football eggs in one basket... the risks don't even out with the benefits. Sorry to all who had Green; I once had him 3 years running in a keeper league and he did fairly well for me.

scruffziller
09-10-2006, 06:32 PM
WOOOHOOO!!!!! DA BEARS!!!!! Talking about adding insult to injury. Favre's first shut out!!!! What made the victory so sweet was that Green Bay wasn't even playing sloppy, da Bears were just that much better.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-10-2006, 07:07 PM
rocky start for the bucs 27-0, kc loses their quarterback early in the 3rd, and the greatest show on turf only manages 6 fg's but still manage to beat the broncos. hello denver qb controversy.I have Wilkins on one of my fantasy teams. He is my leading scorer so far, but I have Peyton Manning going for me tonight in that league.

WOOOHOOO!!!!! DA BEARS!!!!! Talking about adding insult to injury. Favre's first shut out!!!! What made the victory so sweet was that Green Bay wasn't even playing sloppy, da Bears were just that much better.Yes, I was looking at the box score, and other than the two interceptions, Green Bay's stats don't look too bad. A 100 yd rusher, almost a 100 yd receiver, and Chicago's offense only got one TD. Luckily, I also have Chicago's defense in that same league.

My Seahawks managed to win. Not a pretty win, but 1-0 is better than 0-1.

2-1B
09-10-2006, 07:18 PM
MAN, is Pink a skank or what??? lol lol lol

OR manage to score at all. :p

figrin bran
09-10-2006, 07:22 PM
BCJ, did i not say that autopicks are the only reason why i have T. Green on 3 teams? ;)

i'm killing myself right now for not using Ahman Green (how was i supposed to know the Bears run d wouldn't be as stout today) and Drew Bennett (argh...the same drew bennett whom i own 5 autographs of)

Heels, i picked up Jericho Cotchery in one league...let's hope he keeps this up!

kool-aid killer
09-10-2006, 07:27 PM
Like Scruff, im a Bears fan. They played a near flawless game today, now if only they can work on their red zone offense they would have had the game wrapped up by halftime. Man, im glad Favre came back to Green Cheese this year, that means Da Bears are guaranteed two wins. Im hoping he doesnt get drilled enough this year so that he comes back in the next one too. Keeping them scoreless was a bonus too. Now its time to look towards the Lions.

figrin bran
09-10-2006, 07:32 PM
remember when someone blasted us early in the summer for always ripping on favre? i think this was in the 2005 Playoffs thread but where's that guy now? or is he that old guy calling the game right now? :p

2-1B
09-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Favre didn't seem to throw the junk balls until they were down for awhile...that whole GB Team is bad, I suppose Favre will take most of the spotlight, though.

General_Grievous
09-10-2006, 07:43 PM
Nothin' like a failed interception from the Giants...but it looks like they're shaping up thanks to Eli, Tiki and Morton.

UKWildcat
09-10-2006, 10:52 PM
That PI call against NY's WR Carter towards the end of the Colts - Giants game was complete BS. A horrible call like that should be challangeable! :mad:

Kidhuman
09-10-2006, 10:56 PM
I cant believe the refs didnt call the flag parcells threw today. And then they let the paky stand and tell him it wasnt reviewable and it cost him a time out afterwards. What BS&

JimJamBonds
09-10-2006, 11:02 PM
Favre didn't seem to throw the junk balls until they were down for awhile...that whole GB Team is bad, I suppose Favre will take most of the spotlight, though.

That was a looooooooooooooooooooooong game... and it will be an even longer season. :(

figrin bran
09-11-2006, 12:38 AM
Week 1 isn't even over yet and i'm already sick to my stomach at how the local media feels they have to show each and every one of NO #25's highlight runs. this is LA here, not New Orleans! who cares about their players?

kool-aid killer
09-11-2006, 10:57 AM

Im of the belief that him staying is only going to hurt the Packers more than help them, short and long term. First off, they arent a good squad. Secondly, Favre should of retired after last year. Finally, him staying is only going to prolong their rebuilding period. The game was over by the end of the third quarter, if not sooner. The Packers werent going to fix what hadnt been happening for them all game long in those last minutes. Why not toss in the second stringer and let him get some repititions in rather than watch Favre throw yet another stupid pass? Oh well.

Rogue II
09-11-2006, 11:43 AM
Deon Sanders last night said he thinks Aaron Rogers will be starting by the end of the season. And when has Primetime ever lied to you?

JimJamBonds
09-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Deon Sanders last night said he thinks Aaron Rogers will be starting by the end of the season. And when has Primetime ever lied to you?

Well if DS says it then its a done deal. :p

jedi master sal
09-11-2006, 01:24 PM
Well, other than Arizona, ARIZONA!!!! The Steelers scored the highest amount of points in a game this week-not including the Monday night games yet.

(Damn what's with AZ scoring 34 points??)

I'm liking how this season is starting so far.

And I still and forever will hate Madden. Dumb-A can't even get it right how the rivers flow here in Pittsburgh...

JetsAndHeels
09-11-2006, 03:04 PM
Here is the interview the Kansas City Chefs don't want you seeing when it comes to their new head coach:

Reporter: Coach, is this the way you saw you KC debut turning out?

Edwards: Well, Arrowhead is a tough place to start the season. It is known throughout the league to cause havoc for teams...especially opening day.

Reporter: Coach, Arrowhead is the HOME of the Chiefs. Wouldn't that play to your advantage?

Edwards: No matter where you are the Guys in the Black Hole can be scary. Very intimidating to any player.

Reporter: Coach, the Black Hole is in Oakland. You were home today...In Kansas City.

Edwards: You're chasing chickens here. Next question.

Reporter: With Green out, do you think you will lean on Johnson more?

Edwards: This team is a ball control team. Always has been. The game will be won on the legs of Woody Johnson.

Reporter: You mean Larry Johnson?

Edwards: Exactly. Magic Johnson

JimJamBonds
09-12-2006, 12:14 AM
And I still and forever will hate Madden. Dumb-A can't even get it right how the rivers flow here in Pittsburgh...

I'm not a fan either, I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'd rather have Frank Caliendo announce the game as Madden then actually have Madden do the game.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-12-2006, 01:09 AM
Madden's fine with me, but growing up a Seahawks fan, I was more familiar with the AFC announcers on NBC. We didn't get the CBS station very well to watch the NFC games. So for me, the voices of Dick Enberg, Don Criqui, Charlie Jones and Marv Albert bring back good memories of watching football as a kid. I also remember Vin Scully from when I did get to see games on CBS, but I remember him more from baseball. Very few of the announcers today seem to have those sorts of distinct voices. I also remember Bob Costas hosting the pre-game and halftime shows, so it is kind of nice to see him on the Sunday night games now.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-12-2006, 01:12 AM
(Damn what's with AZ scoring 34 points??)They played San Francisco.

figrin bran
09-12-2006, 02:05 AM
make no mistake about it, arizona is going to score plenty of points this season. with a superb core of skill players in Fitzgerald, Boldin, Edge James and Warner but a below average defense, the only way for them to compete is to constantly force an uptempo attack.

Heels, Herm probably thinks Larry Johnson is "Grandmama", the power forward who starred at UNLV, the Hornets and Knicks.

my favorite play this weekend was JP Lostman stepping back to pass in the end zone with the score tied up and getting sacked for a safety. i love his quote in the paper "i should have gotten rid of the ball but the game was on the line" way to go Lostman! :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
09-12-2006, 09:31 AM
I also remember Vin Scully from when I did get to see games on CBS, but I remember him more from baseball.

How long ago was it that Vin did football? I don't remember that.

Heels, Herm probably thinks Larry Johnson is "Grandmama", the power forward who starred at UNLV, the Hornets and Knicks.

Great call there!!! :thumbsup:

Mad Slanted Powers
09-12-2006, 09:00 PM
How long ago was it that Vin did football? I don't remember that.Not sure exactly. I'm pretty sure I remember him doing games. During the 1970's, and perhaps the early 80's. Actually, I just did a search and found this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vin_Scully

It says he called games for CBS from 1975 to 1982, including "The Catch" by Dwight Clark in a game he called with Hank Stram.

JimJamBonds
09-12-2006, 11:44 PM
Not sure exactly. I'm pretty sure I remember him doing games. During the 1970's, and perhaps the early 80's. Actually, I just did a search and found this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vin_Scully

It says he called games for CBS from 1975 to 1982, including "The Catch" by Dwight Clark in a game he called with Hank Stram.

Thanks! I know now why I wouldn't remember Vin doing football games, the main reason is I was -2 yrs to 5 yrs old during that period. :p

Mad Slanted Powers
09-13-2006, 01:09 AM
Thanks! I know now why I wouldn't remember Vin doing football games, the main reason is I was -2 yrs to 5 yrs old during that period. :pI probably remember him from games in 75 or 76. The station in Bellingham used to be a CBS affiliate, so I probably saw some games back then. I think 1976 was the last year that they had NFL games. They gradually had less and less CBS stuff each year. When we got a new TV in 1979, we were able to get Seattle stations, but not very well. ABC and NBC came in good enough to see, but CBS was pretty snowy. I might have seen him do a game in that period. Usually the Canadian stations would have late season games after CFL was done, or at least the playoffs. I don't remember him calling that SF-Dallas game, and I didn't recognize his voice when they've replayed that catch on TV, but that might be the radio announcer that they use.

figrin bran
09-13-2006, 01:22 AM
As a tribute to Grandmama Larry Johnson, Larry Johnson the KC rb should adopt the former's thing with the elbows that he does when hitting a big shot. (it's been so long that i've forgotten)

Kidhuman
09-13-2006, 06:27 AM
Anyone else think Roy Wiliams comments about 40 points was hilarious?&

JimJamBonds
09-13-2006, 10:05 AM
Anyone else think Roy Wiliams comments about 40 points was hilarious?&

What did he say I didn't hear his comments?

figrin bran
09-13-2006, 10:55 AM
Roy Williams has every right to expect his Tarheel players to put up at least 40 points per game&

Kidhuman
09-13-2006, 12:51 PM
What did he say I didn't hear his comments?

He basically guarenteed a win at Chicago because it was stupid how close they were to putting up 40 on the board.&

JetsAndHeels
09-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Roy Williams has every right to expect his Tarheel players to put up at least 40 points per game&

Roy Williams is a national championship winning coach, safety for the cowboys, and receiver for the lions. that guy really gets around &

pbarnard
09-13-2006, 04:19 PM
Roy Williams is a national championship winning coach, safety for the cowboys, and receiver for the lions. that guy really gets around &

Plus change race, height, weight several times. Also isn't there a boxer too?

Anyways, I just want to chime in on the proposed switching of positions of Raiders Left Tackle Robert Gallery. I have met the man a few times while he was here at the Univ of Iowa. Part of the problem is the scheme the raiders use. They are one of the few pro teams out there that don't use a zone blocking scheme like is run here and taught by Kirk Ferentz who was the line coach for the Cleveland Browns/Baltimore Ravens. Second, he's changed positions, which pointed out by ESPN's Mark Schlereth (sp) changes the footwork and hand techniques used. Not to say that he could have stopped the Chargers' Merriman (doubtful any tackle inthe league could) but scheme, technique and terrible coaching could be the problem, not the player.

JetsAndHeels
09-13-2006, 04:26 PM
Yes there is a boxer named Roy Williams also.

Gallery is a beast....he's got alot of talent and strength. I think the problem is the system he is in. The Raiders just flat out suck, no other way to say it. Offense, defense (yeah right), and special teams all need a major overhaul on that squad. Art Shell is probably wishing he had stayed away from them this time...the man looked absolutely miserable and clueless out there Monday night. Kind of reminded me of Hermy!!

JetsAndHeels
09-13-2006, 05:53 PM
As a tribute to Grandmama Larry Johnson, Larry Johnson the KC rb should adopt the former's thing with the elbows that he does when hitting a big shot. (it's been so long that i've forgotten)

You dont have the regular Topps Dbrick rookie do you?
I really need it and unless i can get it in a trade im going to have to buy it off ebay.

figrin bran
09-13-2006, 09:59 PM
I think Shell might be worse than Hermy if that's possible!

Heels, i don't have the DBrick topps rc. i opened tons of packs of that stuff but for whatever reason never even got one DBrick.

JetsAndHeels
09-13-2006, 10:12 PM
Ok, I will just grab one off ebay. They aren't expensive at all, just seem to be short printed.

JimJamBonds
09-13-2006, 11:25 PM
He basically guarenteed a win at Chicago because it was stupid how close they were to putting up 40 on the board.&

Ohhh well that makes perfect sense to me. :rolleyes:

figrin bran
09-14-2006, 12:40 AM
Ok, I will just grab one off ebay. They aren't expensive at all, just seem to be short printed.

if only i had known you needed one, i could've grabbed one for a buck at the local card show (the infamous frank & sons) when i went last saturday. unfortunately (or fortunately for my wallet) i don't go all that often.

JetsAndHeels
09-14-2006, 12:07 PM
if only i had known you needed one, i could've grabbed one for a buck at the local card show (the infamous frank & sons) when i went last saturday. unfortunately (or fortunately for my wallet) i don't go all that often.

No problem. I figured it would be easy to get one out of the topps set because I have bought so many packs and singles. I will just get one off the bay..they are cheap and that way I don't have to buy packs anymore.

JetsAndHeels
09-22-2006, 09:26 AM
Check out this story:

Steelers LB Porter faces fines after his dogs kill horse

WEXFORD, Pa. -- Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Joey Porter is being cited by animal control officers after his dogs got off his property and killed a miniature horse on a nearby farm.

Porter lives in Pine Township, north of the city, but animal control officials say Porter's animals, though licensed in his hometown of Bakersfield, Calif., are not licensed locally.

Northern Regional Police say Porter's dogs, a pit bull and a mastiff, got loose on Tuesday, though police are not sure how because his yard is fenced. Porter has already apologized to the family whose horse was killed and now plans to send the dogs back to a kennel in California. Porter says the dogs were raised to be pets, not attack dogs.

Porter was cited for harboring dangerous dogs, failure to confine the dogs, and failure to have the dogs licensed. The fines carry several hundred dollars in potential fines.

Later in the day Porter's dog released a statement concerning his role in the murder....check it out here (http://www.themightymjd.com/2006/09/21/a-letter-from-joey-porters-pit-bull/). Be warned, this dog has a potty mouth!!

figrin bran
09-23-2006, 12:10 AM
one of the local papers had a photo in the sports section of george w. bush, laura bush and $aint reggie bush. <insert own caption> :p

Darth Jax
09-23-2006, 10:27 AM
he visited the bucs practice earlier in the week as well. tossed the pigskin with chris simms, hopefully he taught him how to throw the ball only to his teammates.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-24-2006, 03:28 PM
I said that Ben R. ought to have taken last week's game off to rest the INJURIES AND SURGERIES he's sustained recently. After today's game, I wonder if he's in the right mind and body to be playing.

Kidhuman
09-24-2006, 04:06 PM
I am so happy Pittsburgh lost, I hate Cowher and the Steelers. &!

kool-aid killer
09-24-2006, 04:45 PM
Da Bears are 3-0, after winning a close one against the Minnesota Queens. For a minute, it looked like they were going to lose, but they came back and scored the lone offensive touchdown of the game with a little under two minutes left and the defense was able to keep the Queens to a four and out. Still, the offense was shaky and very frustrating. Grossman was getting into the habit of tossing the ball up when he was under pressure and that led to 10 Queen points, hes got to stop doing that because against a better team it could have been a big hump to get over. Next up are the Seahawks.

Bacta Beast
09-24-2006, 04:51 PM
Arrrggh!!!!!!!! Pittsburgh!!!

Nooooooooo . . . .Detroit!!!!!

2-1B
09-24-2006, 04:53 PM
I am so happy Pittsburgh lost, I hate Cowher and the Steelers. &!

Me too, I'll root for the Striped Browns everytime ! :grin:

I'm enjoying watching the Browns give it to the Ravens right now. :)

Slicker
09-24-2006, 05:06 PM
I absolutely love football season but I'm getting so damn tired of poser fans.

I went on base today to watch the Lions and the Pitt/Cincy game was on and every little play that Cincy did that was good nearly the whole place erupted. I've been watching games at the same place for 2 years and this is the first time I've EVER heard anyone go for Cincy. The first year it was Philly :rolleyes: then last year it was Pitt :rolleyes: and apparently this year it's Cincy :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I hate people that go from team to team because they're good.

Anyone remember the Cowboys craze from the 90's :rolleyes:

figrin bran
09-24-2006, 05:35 PM
3 TD's! Brett's still got it!!!! :thumbsup:

bobafrett
09-24-2006, 06:01 PM
Yes, but the Bears are 3 and 0, and on top of their division! Go Rex! Go Bears!

JetsAndHeels
09-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Jets got a big win today at Buffalo...they really needed this one since it was a divisional opponent. It wasn't pretty but a W is a W.

figrin bran
09-24-2006, 08:37 PM
oh yeah??? my home team isn't going to suffer a single defeat this season! ;)

Darth Jax
09-24-2006, 08:43 PM
my team finally managed to find the endzone (go bucs), and lost a qb. now i can stop complaining that they need to bench him.

i've been through a similar procedure (though my entire spleen wasn't removed) and hope he recovers well.

kool-aid killer
09-24-2006, 09:40 PM
3 TD's! Brett's still got it!!!! :thumbsup:

No, the Lions just suck more than Green Cheese does.

JimJamBonds
09-24-2006, 11:11 PM
I absolutely love football season but I'm getting so damn tired of poser fans.

I hate people that go from team to team because they're good.

I heard on the radio today there is another "Man Law" that states you must pick the team you will root for BEFORE the season starts and once you do that there is no switching even if you move.

JetsAndHeels
09-25-2006, 10:04 AM
I would also like to add that Tom Brady is the biggest crybaby in the world.

figrin bran
09-25-2006, 10:53 AM
no, if we're talking about crybabies in the sports world, it's adam morrison.

kool aid killer, we don't tolerate that kind of Favre skepticism around here! :p

JEDIpartner
09-25-2006, 11:14 AM
The year was "Mumvee" (MMVI) and Tom Brady was the biggest crybaby in the world... This is ESPN.

JetsAndHeels
09-25-2006, 02:01 PM
This here is a great pic..from the Giants/Seahawks game yesterday with a fan displaying a sign that says Go Jets...I love it!!

JetsAndHeels
09-25-2006, 10:47 PM
The Madden Curse strikes again!!

Seahawks' Alexander out indefinitely with foot fracture
By John Clayton
ESPN.com

The Seahawks lost reigning MVP Shaun Alexander indefinitely after X-rays revealed a small crack in a foot.

Alexander missed two days of practice last week because of a foot injury believed to be caused in a tackle in the Arizona Cardinals game in Week 2. Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren, who announced the injury Monday, wasn't sure which part of Sunday's game against the Giants that Alexander suffered further injury to the foot.

Holmgren isn't sure how long Alexander will be out but it's possible he could miss a month. Holmgren said Alexander's injury is a non-displaced fracture of the foot.

Maurice Morris will be the starter in Alexander's absence. The Seahawks have a bye week following Sunday's game against the Bears.

Alexander rushed for 47 yards and a touchdown in Seattle's 42-30 victory over the New York Giants.

figrin bran
09-25-2006, 11:00 PM
The year was "Mumvee" (MMVI) and Tom Brady was the biggest crybaby in the world... This is ESPN.

i'm no pats fan nor a brady fan but what could he have done to top adam morrison who bursted in literal tears even before time expired and his team was eliminated from the ncaa tournament???

JetsAndHeels
09-25-2006, 11:02 PM
i'm no pats fan nor a brady fan but what could he have done to top adam morrison who bursted in literal tears even before time expired and his team was eliminated from the ncaa tournament???

This is an NFL thread. Please keep it on the subject. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-25-2006, 11:18 PM
I'm a Bears fan, but tonight, I was all about the Saints. I am really happy they won tonight. They needed it. The city deserved it and i do hope that New Orleans will find its footing.

figrin bran
09-26-2006, 12:56 AM
This is an NFL thread. Please keep it on the subject. :D

NFL??? i always thought this was the official rip on Favre/Madden/Vick family/Clarett/Herman Edwards thread! :p

about the curse...argh...i like shaun alexander too (and i have him on a fantasy team)...you notice that brett's never been on the cover of any of the madden games? (unless maybe in the early years of the game). methinks ole johnny boy's got some voodoo vendetta on some players.

the nba live curse is definitely going to strike this season as well. it's all too easy considering the cover victim is t-mac mr. bad back.

i found someone who hates $aint Reggie more than i do! there's this local sports talk show host, usually a huge trojans backer and even played there years ago but he comes down really hard on bush as not being a between the tackles kind of runner and that even maurice jones-drew (u-c-l-a fight fight fight!!!) is a better back. also he feels that bush is arrogant enough that he won't even try to bulk up so that he can take all the pounding and that he's misguided in his belief that his speed and quickness will be enough to make him successful on the professional level. he even goes as far as to suggest that within a few years, $aint reggie isn't going to be much better than chad morton.

Darth Jax
09-26-2006, 01:14 AM
NFL??? i always thought this was the official rip on Favre/Madden/Vick family/Clarett/Herman Edwards thread! :p

you forgot brady (and chris simms, but i think since i'm the only bucs fan around i'm the only one that dislikes his play at quarterback)

UKWildcat
09-26-2006, 01:28 AM
(and chris simms, but i think since i'm the only bucs fan around i'm the only one that dislikes his play at quarterback)

No, you're not the only one. *sigh*

figrin bran
09-26-2006, 02:15 AM
well those of you that didn't like simms had better brace yourselves for this gradowski dude that's going to be the starter.

however, no one knows anything about him and so he just might be like the 1999 version of kurt warner! :p

2-1B
09-26-2006, 06:01 AM
The Bucs should get Steve Young back.

JetsAndHeels
09-26-2006, 09:24 AM

Bashing on individuals is always welcome here. If you care to bash on Herm you get extra credit for that. :thumbsup:

When it comes to Reggie Bush, the guy is very talented..no doubt about it. I think what he is to the NFL right now is more of a money maker than anything. I think he will be good in the league but if what you say is true about him not bulking up or conditioning then he will always be an injury waiting to happen. Having said that I still think the Texans were very foolish to pass him up and grab Mario Williams. That guy has been like a statue out on the field so far this season.

Darth Jax
09-26-2006, 09:48 AM
The Bucs should get Steve Young back.

heck, brad johnson wins them a superbowl ring and they get rid of him. i'd love to have him back. or even dippity-doo boy brian griese. anybody but chris. i'll suffer through a losing season with rattay or mccown or the rookie, we were due for a losing season with simms as a starter.

JetsAndHeels
09-26-2006, 09:53 AM
The NFL Network reported yesterday that the Bucs are going to workout Tommy Maddox and Shaun King today. Could be interesting to see who they end up signing.

figrin bran
09-26-2006, 10:43 AM
wow, so shaun king's first tour of duty with the bucs wasn't enough? ;)

reportedly, dennis green is going to bench kurt warner in favor of the ballroom dancer (leinart to the rest of you), who along with $aint reggie are the nfl'ers i hate the most. i want nothing more than to see them fail miserably. come on ATL, bring on the blitz this week!

those comments about reggie's questionable strength and conditioning work habits weren't mine but a trojans insider. even in college, he wasn't a guy you could use on short yardage situations or when you need to run out the clock. it seems like whenever he gets the ball, he does too much dancing behind the line while looking for lanes that will provide the longest gains. frankly, i think if the saints didn't have deuce mcallister to do all the dirty work, bu$h's flaws would be more exposed.

Rogue II
09-26-2006, 10:52 AM
So I take it FB won't be buying those Cardinals and Saints team sets clogging the shelves at Walmart just to get certain rookie cards.

Shaun King? Its too bad Jeff George isn't available. Maybe with a little luck Gruden can talk Flutie out of retirement.

figrin bran
09-26-2006, 11:04 AM
So I take it FB won't be buying those Cardinals and Saints team sets clogging the shelves at Walmart just to get certain rookie cards.

Shaun King? Its too bad Jeff George isn't available. Maybe with a little luck Gruden can talk Flutie out of retirement.

Oh man, and i thought those Topps cardinals and saints team sets were just a southern cali regional thing to cash in on the trojans bandwagoners out here. What makes it worse is that they're warming the pegs at Target as well.

I think the Bucs should give Vinny Testaverde a call. even at age 55 he's still better than Shaun King :p

JetsAndHeels
09-26-2006, 11:16 AM
I think the Bucs should give Vinny Testaverde a call. even at age 55 he's still better than Shaun King :p

I was wondering when that name would come up. I wouldn't be surprised if they did try him out...of course Vinny would have to find a way to dislodge his carcass from whatever couch or loveseat he was on.

Darth Jax
09-26-2006, 11:30 AM
ryan leaf is still waiting for the phone to ring. king had his chance already and certainly didn't excel with it. doesn't have the arm strength to throw the deep ball. can't throw the short pass quick or accurately enough.

bradlee van pelt would be an interesting guy for them to look at. good with his feet to escape the bruising hits that did simms in. has the arm strength that gruden likes to stretch the field. only question is how quickly he could learn the playbook and if he has the accuracy for a starting job.

Rogue II
09-26-2006, 11:45 AM
Oh man, and i thought those Topps cardinals and saints team sets were just a southern cali regional thing to cash in on the trojans bandwagoners out here. What makes it worse is that they're warming the pegs at Target as well.

In a strange sort of way, Testaverde makes sense. He probably is better than Shaun King. Even trading for someone like Kyle Boller in Baltimore has to be a better option.

Those team sets aren't in Target here yet, I've only seen them at WM. Since we don't have a team here in Vegas, we usually get whatever Phoenix and LA get. For some reason, there are a lot of Raider fans, too.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-26-2006, 07:31 PM
i found someone who hates $aint Reggie more than i do! there's this local sports talk show host, usually a huge trojans backer and even played there years ago but he comes down really hard on bush as not being a between the tackles kind of runner and that even maurice jones-drew (u-c-l-a fight fight fight!!!) is a better back. At one point when I flipped over to the game, the announcer was pointing out that he was doing a good job of running inside that night. I did notice from what little I watched that they did seem to give it to Deuce or someone else on the short yardage plays.

I was best in our pick 'em group at work this week, partly because I was the only one to pick Green Bay over Detroit.

JetsAndHeels
09-27-2006, 09:51 AM
You guys did know about TO's apparent suicide attempt last night, right?

Police report: Terrell Owens attempted suicide

08:47 AM CDT on Wednesday, September 27, 2006

WFAA-TV Staff

News 8 Special Report

Read the Dallas police report

NEWS 8 EXCLUSIVE

According to a Dallas police report obtained by News 8, Dallas Cowboys star receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide Tuesday night.

The report says Owens was depressed and reportedly took prescription pain pills. A woman companion states that she observed him putting two pills in his mouth.

According to the police narrative, the woman said the prescription of 40 pills was filled on September 18 and—until Tuesday—Owens had taken only five pills.

The police report said Owens was asked if he had taken the rest of the prescription; Owens said, "Yes."

According to the report, police also asked if he was trying to harm himself. Owens answered, "Yes."

Owens was treated at Baylor University Medical Center.

A Dallas Cowboys spokesman told News 8 the team has no comment on the police report, nor is any news conference scheduled.

figrin bran
09-27-2006, 11:00 AM
the stories i read last night only said "allergic reaction to medications" not attempted suicide.

and now i just read that the Dallas Police are refusing to confirm or deny this story. which in essence i take as a confirmation.

vader68
09-27-2006, 12:49 PM
Here is an update from cbs sportsline:
News: Terrell Owens is disputing the claim made by Dallas police that he attempted to kill himself and will hold a press conference at some point Wednesday. Owens was hospitalized Tuesday evening after overdosing on pain medication for his broken finger. A police report said Owens was asked by rescue workers "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time (he) stated, 'Yes.'" The Dallas police report said the Owens told his friend/publicist "that he was depressed." Ex-Cowboy and friend Michael Irvin told ESPN that Owens "absolutely denies" trying to commit suicide and was taken to the hospital after taking his medication and health supplements at the same time.

Analysis: ESPN's Ed Werder reports that the Cowboys aren't ruling Owens out from practicing the rest of the week or for the Week 4 game at Tennessee, suggesting that the entire incident has been overblown. Fantasy owners who have Terrell Owens should continue to keep close tabs on the star wide receiver's status. Thankfully, he doesn't appear to be seriously harmed, but his status for Week 4 at Tennessee remains up in the air at this time.

(http://epcffl.football.sportsline.com/players/playerpage/1290)

figrin bran
09-28-2006, 11:18 AM
i'm surprised that no one came to bury the mr. owens in criticism yet!

lest we forget, this is the worst attention mongerer on the face of the planet and even if it's for negative reasons, he loves it when the spotlight is on him. it's just my theory but i think it's just a publicity thing. i think he might even lambast the press for blowing this incident all out of proportion since it gives him license to play the victim card.

anyhow, how is it that the Bengals can be the current bandwagon team and yet lead the league in arrests? ;)

also, i just read that Chargers safety Terrence Kiel got arrested by the DEA. for trafficking cough syrup????

Rogue II
09-28-2006, 11:28 AM
I honestly don't care wat Terrell Owens does. It was clear last year that he has issues and was in need of a shrink.

Seems like the Bengals and Chargers are going down individually. At least the Vikings got arrested as a team. Didn't a defensive player from the Chargers also get shot by a cop right before the season started?

Mad Slanted Powers
09-28-2006, 07:23 PM
also, i just read that Chargers safety Terrence Kiel got arrested by the DEA. for trafficking cough syrup????I think some of that cough syrup has dex in it, which some people try and get high off of. A couple of local kids died last year from it. Here's the story - http://www.komotv.com/news/story.asp?ID=37598

Darth Jax
09-28-2006, 08:48 PM
you mix rx cough syrup with soda and suddenly it becomes a very valuable commodity (not up there with coke), but it'll go for $200-300 on the street.

the chargers player that got shot was foley (i think) by an off-duty police officer. he'd also gotten arrested back in may for some minor scuffle with police. think keal had gotten arrested during training camp for resisting arrest also.

the bengals and chargers are just trying to live up to the raiders mystique.

figrin bran
09-28-2006, 10:00 PM
I honestly don't care wat Terrell Owens does. It was clear last year that he has issues and was in need of a shrink.

Seems like the Bengals and Chargers are going down individually. At least the Vikings got arrested as a team. Didn't a defensive player from the Chargers also get shot by a cop right before the season started?

Before the $aint and the ballroom dancer entered the league this season, Owens was my most hated player but now that he plays for my team, i'm kind of compelled to care what happens to him. I read the other day that when he was still with the 49ers, Bill Walsh recommended that he see a psychologist. obviously he never did. i don't care what kind of conditions he grew up in, lots of other people have had to go through things like that and have been successful in life. i get the feeling that without football, his life would truly truly be nothing.

anyhow, on to other topics...i thought Michael Robinson was a QB at Penn State - what's he doing punching it in at the goal line twice last sunday???

Bel-Cam Jos
09-30-2006, 10:25 AM
i get the feeling that without football, his life would truly truly be nothing.

anyhow, on to other topics...i thought Michael Robinson was a QB at Penn State - what's he doing punching it in at the goal line twice last sunday???I agree. A poster child for the "have something else to fall back on" line.

Mr. Robinson is like QBs Stewart, Crouch, Jones, Randle-El, et al who were "strongly suggested" to switch positions in order to play in the NFL, due to whatever biases the combines or scouts saw in them.

figrin bran
09-30-2006, 04:01 PM
I agree. A poster child for the "have something else to fall back on" line.

Mr. Robinson is like QBs Stewart, Crouch, Jones, Randle-El, et al who were "strongly suggested" to switch positions in order to play in the NFL, due to whatever biases the combines or scouts saw in them.

however and as far as i recall, eric crouch never played a down in the NFL. (quitter!quitter!quitter!) :p

kool-aid killer
09-30-2006, 04:59 PM
I HATE Eric Crouch. The guy is a cry baby, but because he played for Nebraska and won the Heisman a lot of people around here think he walks on water. Incidentally, his Heisman was won at the expense of future Husker teams, but thats going off topic. Crouch felt he was capable of playing QB in the pros and wouldnt accept anything else so he decided he didnt want to play in the NFL if it wasnt in that position. He once did that at NU when he wasnt given the starting QB spot, forcing Solich to go to his home and beg for him to come back. Hes changed his tune lately, but i think its too late for him.

Kidhuman
09-30-2006, 07:39 PM
Vince Young starting tomorrow. Look out world. &

Bel-Cam Jos
09-30-2006, 07:41 PM
however and as far as i recall, eric crouch never played a down in the NFL. (quitter!quitter!quitter!) :pIf preseason counts, I believe he might have actually been ON THE FIELD WHEN THE BALL WAS SNAPPED. Amazing... :p Tommy Frazier could be in that same change-your-position-to-get-drafted category, too. Did he ever get selected? Didn't he go to the CFL or NFL Europe?

2-1B
10-01-2006, 08:34 AM
Did you see Crouch at the Heisman award ceremony a few years ago when he was onstage as the ONLY past winner not to be wearing a jacket? lol lol lol

JimJamBonds
10-01-2006, 08:41 AM
As far as the "never drafted dept yet I won a Heisman " don't forget about Charlie Ward, who never even went to an NFL CAMP!!!

Bel-Cam Jos
10-01-2006, 09:31 AM
As far as the "never drafted dept yet I won a Heisman " don't forget about Charlie Ward, who never even went to an NFL CAMP!!!That is something that I never, ever understood, and will probably never, ever understand. Even Gino Tiretta (sp?) and Jason White each got a sniff at the pros. :confused:

2-1B
10-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Charles W. did play for the Knickerbockers, so he had that going for him...

Kidhuman
10-01-2006, 06:45 PM
At one point Charlie Ward was the best damn QB in NYC.&

figrin bran
10-01-2006, 07:08 PM
looks like my cowboys took care of vince young the way my fantasy team took care of KH's:p

at no point was Charlie Ward ever the best point guard in NYC

figrin bran
10-01-2006, 08:19 PM
uttered by mr. madden during tonight's game:

"someone was telling me that Rex Grossman reminded him alot of Brett Favre..."

oh yeah John??? would that "someone" be you??? ;)

2-1B
10-01-2006, 08:39 PM
you beat me to it Figrin, I was just going to ask if anyone saw that before...I loved that whole talk he gave. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-01-2006, 10:56 PM
I did like it when they cut to the booth and were talking about Parcel's and his lack of abilities with the press and John started something like, "did you ever make a promise...................." and he trailed off and Al looked at him like, "what?" and then he was like, "oh, made a promise about not talking about a certain..........blah blah blah."

It was great to see my Bears whoop up on the Seahawks. and back to Parcel: WTF is his problem. Dude needs to learn how to deal with the press, it's part of his job. Dude gets on my nerves.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-01-2006, 10:59 PM
Yes, your Bears beat my Seahawks, but at least I have the Chicago defense on one of my fantasy teams.

kool-aid killer
10-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Da Bears!!! The Seahawks didnt put up much of a match, i dont think having Alexander would have made much of a difference in this game either. They were whipped on both sides of the ball. Its good to see Da Bears back on television with more frequency, i hate not being able to watch my favorite teams. I was looking on Ticketmaster for some tickets to a future Bears home game this year and it looks like theyre all sold out. Ive been to Soldier Field for two soccer games, but never a Bears game. Maybe next year.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-01-2006, 11:15 PM
The new system this year for the Sunday night games in the second half of the season will give teams that are playing well a chance to play in prime time. Starting week 10, all the Sunday night games except for week 16 are to be announced.

JimJamBonds
10-01-2006, 11:34 PM
I did like it when they cut to the booth and were talking about Parcel's and his lack of abilities with the press and John started something like, "did you ever make a promise...................." and he trailed off and Al looked at him like, "what?" and then he was like, "oh, made a promise about not talking about a certain..........blah blah blah."

Yeah nothing is better then dead awkward air. :D

and back to Parcel: WTF is his problem. Dude needs to learn how to deal with the press, it's part of his job. Dude gets on my nerves.

Did anybody hear the press conference from last week Wednesday? There were about 40 questions and 39 were about T.O., one reporter actually asked about Terry Glenn and how he is feeling and it totally threw Parcells off! He said "WHAT?" So the reporter asked again and the Tuna answered "Ohh he is fine." Great stuff!

figrin bran
10-02-2006, 12:13 AM
The new system this year for the Sunday night games in the second half of the season will give teams that are playing well a chance to play in prime time. Starting week 10, all the Sunday night games except for week 16 are to be announced.

it's likely that there won't be any Packers games on Sunday night...what a disappointment! :p

Caesar, if you noticed, Mr. Madden brought up the Favre comparisons later on in the game...something about how "you see what Grossman did? that's another of those Brett Favre things where he looks off the receivers and then takes a shot deep". i stopped watching in the 3rd quarter so i might've missed some more gems from him.

next sunday is pitt at san diego and so i'm going to call my shot a week early. everytime antonio gates makes a catch, madden's going to comment on how he seals off the defenders with his body and just jumps up..."you see that? that's one of those basketball moves that he does. the footwork and the way he uses his body to shield away the defenders..."

i sure wish i could've seen/heard that press conference with the Tuna. at least he's not calling Terry Glenn "she" any longer!

2-1B
10-02-2006, 07:34 PM
sorry Fig, I missed that later moment as my attention wandered once the Bears racked up their big league. I am, however, reading your post in a Madden voice so it is still appreciated. :D

Duly noted for next Sunday, I'll be listening with the hopes that you have it right. lol I predict that Madden will ramble on about Drew Brees going to the Saints and the young Philip Rivers stepping in and what he does well in spite of his youth.

JetsAndHeels
10-02-2006, 08:04 PM
I'm still dissappointed my Jets didn't finish the Colts off. Played one hell of a game and then lost on Manning's td run with less than a minute left. Of course it was still entertaining to watch the last play where we almost pulled of a Cal vs. Stanford. ;)

Oh by the way, I still don't give a damn about TO.

2-1B
10-02-2006, 08:24 PM
Sorry J&H, they played the miniature horses pretty tough, I thought...that game was on here so I was flipping between that and the Vikes-Bills game.

Hey Figrin, I'm watching GB/Philly right now and oh how I wish Madden was calling this game. :D Nope, not even for the Favre talk (although that would certainly be welcome ;) ) but for Bubba Franks' description of Mark "The Biscuit" Tauscher...I just know Madden would have had a field day with that one. lol lol lol

figrin bran
10-02-2006, 09:34 PM
$aint Reggie : 22 yards on 11 carries, 48 receiving yards, 1 lost fumble. zero touchdowns overall on the season.

way to go mr. #1 pick!

Caesar, you can count my Madden on Gates commentary as a lock for next week's game. those were along the lines of what i heard from him last season during a monday night chargers game.

i'm pulling for the Chefs next sunday as they're going to phoenix to beat up on that punk rookie QB. come on Herm, blitz him on every play! do not let him have anything resembling an okay game!

JimJamBonds
10-02-2006, 11:36 PM
$aint Reggie : 22 yards on 11 carries, 48 receiving yards, 1 lost fumble. zero touchdowns overall on the season.

way to go mr. #1 pick!

What has the "other" #1 pick (Mario Williams) done other then nothing?

Mad Slanted Powers
10-03-2006, 01:03 AM
Yes, I am wondering what all the hating on Bush and Leinart is about.

figrin bran
10-03-2006, 01:14 AM
i've hated $aint Reggie and the Ballroom Dancer ever since they were freshmen at some earth forsaken university. and for the record, i also hate Troy Polamalu, Carson Palmer, Mike Williams, Willie McGinest, Meshawn Johnson, just to name a few.

for the record, Mario Williams got a sack on Culpepper yesterday ;)

and lastly, Brett was sure in fine form tonight! and to think i actually used him in a fantasy matchup because my other QB matchup Hasselbeck vs. Chi was even worse.

JimJamBonds
10-03-2006, 08:37 AM
i've hated $aint Reggie and the Ballroom Dancer ever since they were freshmen at some earth forsaken university. and for the record, i also hate Troy Polamalu, Carson Palmer, Mike Williams, Willie McGinest, Meshawn Johnson, just to name a few.

What about Shaun Sailsbury?

Kidhuman
10-03-2006, 04:48 PM
What about Shaun Sailsbury?

He annoys me, I think he likes the sound of his voice. HE knows what he is talking about, but he annoys the s**t out of me. I mute and read the CC when he is on.&

Mad Slanted Powers
10-03-2006, 06:27 PM
No wonder L.A. has no team, if this is the way the locals treat the local teams.

JetsAndHeels
10-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Sorry J&H, they played the miniature horses pretty tough

They did play them very tough. I am very proud of how the team has changed this season, but still there are no moral victories...only wins and losses.

I watched some of the game over tonight on NFL Replay..man it sure hurts to watch a game like that after a couple days. You see all the missed opportunities and things that hurt.

figrin bran
10-03-2006, 10:18 PM
No wonder L.A. has no team, if this is the way the locals treat the local teams.

so i guess it wasn't obvious that i'm a bruins grad? sworn to perpetually speak ill about the U$C prophylactics :p

i mean, who else would pick up drew bennett and maurice jones-drew for their fantasy teams? heck, i would've drafted deshaun foster had KH not done so. and if we had a basketball thread, you'd see/hear/read me hating on every arizona wildcat out there.

JimJamBonds
10-03-2006, 11:03 PM
He annoys me, I think he likes the sound of his voice. HE knows what he is talking about, but he annoys the s**t out of me. I mute and read the CC when he is on.&

And OJ Simpson? :D

Mad Slanted Powers
10-04-2006, 12:06 AM
so i guess it wasn't obvious that i'm a bruins grad? sworn to perpetually speak ill about the U$C prophylactics :p
Ah, I see. I guess I don't think that way. I went to Western Washington, so of course I root for them over rival Central Washington, but I was glad to see Jon Kitna make it in the NFL. Also, I normally would root for Washington over Washington State, but if the Cougars have a chance for a bowl game and the Huskies are having a bad year, I'll root for Wazzu. I'm a bit of an anomaly though. The standard cheer during Western-Central basketball games was "CEN-tral...YOU SUCK!" I don't recall if I joined in on that cheer though. I found it amusing though.

figrin bran
10-04-2006, 01:20 AM
JJB, the only trojan i'll make an exception for is Mr. George Lucas. that huge donation he made to the film school there? i'm sure it was funded by some of my money (with the rest going to the Lucas children charity fund) :shocked:

now onto more pressing matters...i really think Brett's coming back in '07. so what's the all time record for INT's in a season? :p

Mad Slanted Powers
10-04-2006, 01:56 AM
now onto more pressing matters...i really think Brett's coming back in '07. so what's the all time record for INT's in a season? :p
The top three:

42 - George Blanda, Houston, 1962
35 - Vinny Testaverde, Tampa Bay, 1988
34 - Frank Tripucka, Denver, 1960

Two of those are old AFL marks.

At the start of the year, Favre had 255 interceptions. The top three all time career marks:

277 - George Blanda
268 - John Hadl
266 - Fran Tarkenton

Blanda played 26 seasons, Hadl 16 and Tarkenton 20. This is Favre's 16th season.

Another thing to keep in mind is that he is close to breaking Marino's mark for most career TD passes. He just passed 400. Marino had 420. Tarkenton was next closest with 342.

Don't thank me, thank my trusty 2006 NFL Record & Fact Book.

Kidhuman
10-04-2006, 07:52 AM
He will break the INT record this year, if he doesnt sit out with that head injury. I think he thought to hard about those INT's and busted a vessel in the cranium.

Isobars&

figrin bran
10-04-2006, 10:47 AM
I guess GB made Ahmad Carroll the scapegoat for the loss by cutting him from the team. at this point in the season are you going to find any better options in the secondary??? i think i have an autograph card of him somewhere...guess it's not worth much and not something i could trade away

Kidhuman
10-04-2006, 01:23 PM
I am guessing Aaron Rodgers will see his firsat action this week. &

Isobars

JimJamBonds
10-04-2006, 11:21 PM
I guess GB made Ahmad Carroll the scapegoat for the loss by cutting him from the team. at this point in the season are you going to find any better options in the secondary??? i think i have an autograph card of him somewhere...guess it's not worth much and not something i could trade away

Ahmad Carroll sucks as a NFL DB. Yeah he is/was the scapegoat in a sense but his poor play on Monday night was TYPICAL for him in his 2 + seasons in GB. Yet another Mike Sherman draft pick purged (thank God he is gone).

As for that autographed card... it was never really worth much of anything the best possible usage I can think of is to act as a shim but even then he'd get called for illegal use of the hands. :D

As for Favre I don't worship him like most do in Wisconsin but I think he has been a good player. One of those int's wasn't his fault and to be honest I'd say he has played pretty good so far this season. The choice's he makes have been sketchy since day 1 so its not as if anything has really changed in that reguard. I think both the INT and TD record will be his but the INT record will fall first.

ADD: Another person that needs to go is Kurt Shotenheimer (sp?). He was the DB coach a few years ago (sucked), then got promoted to Def. Cord. the next year and THEN GOT FIRED!!! So why in the H. do you bring the jackalope back after he has already been run from town!?!?!?!?!?!

figrin bran
10-05-2006, 01:02 AM
i know caroll sucks but at this juncture of the season, why cut him and deplete your secondary even further? i suppose he's been okay thus far but the truth is going to come out about charles woodson - that he's just coasting on reputation and doesn't really have good coverage skills any longer.

JimJamBonds
10-05-2006, 08:33 AM
i know caroll sucks but at this juncture of the season, why cut him and deplete your secondary even further? i suppose he's been okay thus far but the truth is going to come out about charles woodson - that he's just coasting on reputation and doesn't really have good coverage skills any longer.

Good call on Woodson he isn't worth the $$$ either. As far as Caroll goes... MEH! lol

2-1B
10-05-2006, 09:11 AM
Why not put Bart Farve in the secondary? He's the league's Iron Man so why not let him go iron man and play both ways ?

Kidhuman
10-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Why not put Bart Farve in the secondary? He's the league's Iron Man so why not let him go iron man and play both ways ?

Awesome, every team should have one.

Isobars&

figrin bran
10-06-2006, 01:06 AM
that would be perfect! every time brett throws a pick, he has to play DB or safety and try to cause a turnover :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
10-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Anybody else sick and tired of the publicity this Eagles/Cowboys game is getting? I swear I am so exhausted from the whole TO saga. The way I see it, he has a few more seasons then he is retired. I honestly cannot wait for this guy to get out of the league.

UKWildcat
10-07-2006, 10:36 PM
I too am sick of the publicity but not so much because of TO, but because of the publicists. They take any thing he does and blow it out of proportion and talk it to death. I actually like TO and hope he sticks around the league. He is, afterall, one of the best players at the position. I hope he torches the Eagles tomorrow too. Sure, I may be a little biased since I am kind of a Dallas fan and have Bledsoe on one of my Fantasy teams. :p Sure, TO doesn't bother me at all.

JetsAndHeels
10-07-2006, 11:05 PM
UK, don't get me wrong...TO has alot of talent and you are right, he is the top WR in the league. However in my opinion he is not worth the trouble and inconvenience he causes. I know that if he were on the Jets I would worry about how he affected the team chemistry.
Talented player, yes. Worth the trouble..no.

figrin bran
10-08-2006, 01:49 AM
speaking of top WR's in the league, when do you suppose the aliens that abducted randy moss will return him to earth and take away this clone that's been masquerading as him?

just a few years ago he was good for 1,500 yards, 14 TD's. nowadays he's basically another ashley lelie.

2-1B
10-08-2006, 02:31 AM
I know that if he were on the Jets I would worry about how he affected the team chemistry.

You mean like Keyshawn ? lol lol lol

bobafrett
10-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Bears put on a football clinic today. At last something to bring me out of my Cubby baseball gloom. Cedric Benson got his first two running touchdowns today. The whole team worked as a team. Do I hear playoffs?

2-1B
10-08-2006, 05:20 PM
Absolutely ! At 5-0, the Bears are a lock IMO to win the North and I predict they will earn a first round bye, if not homefield advantage...then they'll lose in round 1.

Again. lol lol lol

scruffziller
10-08-2006, 05:57 PM
Caesar, if you noticed, Mr. Madden brought up the Favre comparisons later on in the game...something about how "you see what Grossman did? that's another of those Brett Favre things where he looks off the receivers and then takes a shot deep".

Being a Green Bay enemy I really didn't like it when he said that. It may be true, but I will need a silo-full of salt to take it with.

Da Monsters of the Midway are looking good!!!:thumbsup: Not really worried about the games coming up too much. The way that we are playing, even if Arizona, San Fransisco (beating us in the pre-season) and the others, prove to be tough we'll beat them anyway and it will be a better game for it. And frankly, we need a challenge right now.;)

2-1B
10-08-2006, 06:04 PM
Scary moment for LJ there, I was really worried when I saw him go down that he wasn't going to get up on his own. :(

bobafrett
10-08-2006, 06:53 PM
Absolutely ! At 5-0, the Bears are a lock IMO to win the North and I predict they will earn a first round bye, if not homefield advantage...then they'll lose in round 1.

Again. lol lol lol

I am so on my way up to your place to lay a serious smack down on your boyish face! :yes:

At least they aren't the packers! You guys aren't going anywhere.

2-1B
10-08-2006, 07:01 PM
I'm native to the GB area but I don't bleed green and gold...I root for a DIFFERENT 1-4 team, the Browns of Cleveland. :(

I still have fun poking at Bears, Vikings, and Lions fans...and Packers fans, for that matter. lol lol lol

scruffziller
10-08-2006, 07:17 PM
I am so on my way up to your place to lay a serious smack down on your boyish face! :yes:

Yea then he wouldn't be able to make a "toothy" grin even if he wanted to.:D

kool-aid killer
10-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Oh, thats a personal foul on Scruff, 15 post penalty.

The Bears-Bills game wasnt broadcast here in my part of the US, so im a bit upset that i missed out on them drilling the Bills. I was relegated to listening to a shoddy radio feed of it, and watching for the score to appear on the Vikings-Lions ticker. Im hoping the next game is on the tube, i cant stand knowing they are kicking tail and not being able to watch it.

bobafrett
10-08-2006, 08:53 PM

The Bears-Bills game wasnt broadcast here in my part of the US, so im a bit upset that i missed out on them drilling the Bills. I was relegated to listening to a shoddy radio feed of it, and watching for the score to appear on the Vikings-Lions ticker. Im hoping the next game is on the tube, i cant stand knowing they are kicking tail and not being able to watch it.

I was forced to listen to the game on the radio at Wal-Mart. I have my own little hole in the wall where I go to listen to the game and do my work. It beats having to go out on the sales floor where I would become Ultra B***h missing the play by play calls. They never put the game on the TV's there either. Next game for my Bears is Monday night, I will be working that night too, but at another job that has TV's!

figrin bran
10-08-2006, 09:13 PM
J&H, how'd you like Maurice Jones-Drew today? :D

arrrrgggh! freakin bledsoe and his statue tendencies! even potf2 figures have better articulation than he does. i love how he gave up and didn't even pursue lito sheppard.

Rogue II
10-08-2006, 09:16 PM
The only positive thing I can say about the Bills today is at least they didn't get beat as badly as the Jets. ;)

figrin bran
10-08-2006, 09:57 PM
what i predicted a week ago:

next sunday is pitt at san diego and so i'm going to call my shot a week early. everytime antonio gates makes a catch, madden's going to comment on how he seals off the defenders with his body and just jumps up..."you see that? that's one of those basketball moves that he does. the footwork and the way he uses his body to shield away the defenders..."

what madden said tonight during the replay of gates' TD catch:

antonio gates was a basketball player and this is one of those basketball moves. he just boxes out and goes to get the ball

JetsAndHeels
10-08-2006, 10:47 PM
J&H, how'd you like Maurice Jones-Drew today? :D

The boy is good!!

2-1B
10-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Figrin was right on the money ! :thumbsup:

I predict that Madden will ramble on about Drew Brees going to the Saints and the young Philip Rivers stepping in and what he does well in spite of his youth.

B-I-N-G-O was his name-o. ;) I don't have Mr. Madden's quotes handy but I DO recall conversation early on in which John wondered why Drew Brees was sent to the Saints instead of Rivers beating him out for the job...then by the end of the game it was Philip's coming out party. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
10-09-2006, 12:51 AM
Heels, as far as i can tell from the stats, Leon Washington's quite a keeper as well.

next sunday night's game will be Oak at Den. if you thought Roethlisberger looked brutal tonight, wait until you see Oakland's Andrew Walter. i'm not sure if Madden will say much about Moss since i don't think he likes him very much but i'll bet Michaels will say a bunch of things to help set up Madden's reminiscing about his Raider days.

Slicker
10-09-2006, 08:47 AM
How about them Lions?! They were up 17-3 over Minnesota going into the 4th quarter and they end up losing 26-17!! That's what I'm talkin' about!!!

scruffziller
10-09-2006, 10:38 AM

The Bears-Bills game wasn't broadcast here in my part of the US, so I'm a bit upset that i missed out on them drilling the Bills. I was relegated to listening to a shoddy radio feed of it, and watching for the score to appear on the Vikings-Lions ticker. I'm hoping the next game is on the tube, i cant stand knowing they are kicking tail and not being able to watch it.

We were getting da Bears on broadcast up till the mid 3rd quarter and then it shifted to Miami vs New England.:cry: It was too bad you didn't see it, it was a mind blowing game.

I will say you Huskers over there making us Cyclones look like fools.:frus:
I was at the game. All night long I had Husker fans coming up and giving me a hi-five for Da Bears because I was wearing my URLACHER jersey.

kool-aid killer
10-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Id a bought you a beer just for that. More and more, i see and hear Bears fans coming out the woodwork. I call them False Fans (thanks Tycho) because i sure dont recall them being around here during the dark times. I go to places like Footlocker and i see more apparel on the racks.

I think i would of been more upset getting able to watch some of it and then having it taken away rather than missing it all. Thats messed up. You live in Iowa, its mindboggling how they would think a game like Miami vs New England would be a bigger draw in our region.

Slicker
10-09-2006, 12:22 PM
Id a bought you a beer just for that. More and more, i see and hear Bears fans coming out the woodwork. I call them False Fans (thanks Tycho) because i sure dont recall them being around here during the dark times. I go to places like Footlocker and i see more apparel on the racks.
Da Bears are gettin' pretty bad at that. So is Cincy.

On the other hand the Pittsburgh and Philadelphia "fans" have fallen off sharply. Hmmm...:rolleyes:

bobafrett
10-09-2006, 10:43 PM

I think i would of been more upset getting able to watch some of it and then having it taken away rather than missing it all. Thats messed up. You live in Iowa, its mindboggling how they would think a game like Miami vs New England would be a bigger draw in our region.

I've been a Bears fan for as long as I can remember. I have an autographed Jim Harbaugh card that I got signed by him at a Target grand opening many years ago. I listen to every game while I work, through the thick and thin years. And I really miss Walter Payton. :cry:

2-1B
10-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Figrin, I'm sure Madden will pull out an obligatory "Randy Moss takes plays off" line...we've heard it before. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
10-09-2006, 11:55 PM
Da Bears are gettin' pretty bad at that. So is Cincy.

On the other hand the Pittsburgh and Philadelphia "fans" have fallen off sharply. Hmmm...:rolleyes:The seats on the bandwagon are closest to the exits, but we welcome all comers. But my seat's got a comfortable butt groove in it from decades+ of support; Terrible Towels make good seat covers, too.

But the Stillers do look a bit out of sync so far; Ben needed to rest early and let Charlie run the offense until he was fully healthy. Now we gotta stick with him and endure some still-getting-into-shape pains.

figrin bran
10-10-2006, 02:26 AM
Figrin, I'm sure Madden will pull out an obligatory "Randy Moss takes plays off" line...we've heard it before. :D

oh yessss, i'm sure we'll hear that. the thing is that Moss has taken that to an entire new level by taking off this entire season
:p

i think next year's bandwagon team will be the Arizona Cardinals. imagine when "lifelong" cardinals fans come out of the woodwork :shocked:

scruffziller
10-10-2006, 08:37 AM
I've been a Bears fan for as long as I can remember. I have an autographed Jim Harbaugh card that I got signed by him at a Target grand opening many years ago. I listen to every game while I work, through the thick and thin years. And I really miss Walter Payton. :cry:

I got a Jim McMahon autographed photo around here somewhere. If I find it I'll make a scan and post it.

Darth Jax
10-10-2006, 09:31 AM
back a couple years ago i was one of those people that got labeled a bandwagon fan when tampa made the superbowl. i was a fan long before they switched uniforms and i've stuck with em since gruden got rid of the qb that won us that superbowl. there were always several tampa fans watching the games at that point, now i'm back to being the lone one at the bar.

figrin bran
10-10-2006, 11:37 PM
oh yeah Bears fans, i have a Cade McNown autographed rookie card! (it's part of my Bruins autograph collection)

oh wait, we're talking about Bears greats, not washouts ;)

Lord Malakite
10-11-2006, 12:37 AM
I'm not certain if this is a national thing going on with all NFL teams or something exclusive just to the Cincinnati Ohio area but Burger King is currently selling a set of limited edition NFL Bengals Bobble Heads and mini-football in my area.

figrin bran
10-11-2006, 01:32 AM
if i were a Bengals fan (and i'm not), i'd ask you if you'd be willing to hike to BK to pick those up for me! ;)

2-1B
10-11-2006, 05:44 AM
I'd rather get Odell Thurman, Chris Henry, and Frosty Rucker in that set...

pbarnard
10-11-2006, 08:51 AM
I'd rather get Odell Thurman, Chris Henry, and Frosty Rucker in that set...
They can't quite figure out how to get the heads right with the falling down/puking features.

figrin bran
10-11-2006, 10:37 AM
hmmm...maybe i'll have to ask Tycho to pick me up the Chargers set with Kiel and Foley. btw, that last name is not a very good one to have these days is it? ;)

JetsAndHeels
10-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Who here is in the NY area? I need the Jets set!!

JetsAndHeels
10-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Toss up:
which is more likely to happen...raiders going 0-16 or the Bears going 16-0??

pbarnard
10-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Toss up:
which is more likely to happen...raiders going 0-16 or the Bears going 16-0??

It will be harder for the Raiders to go 0-16. The Texans come to Oakland in week 12 (?) and have been 0-12 on the road against the AFC West in their history. There is also a game against Arizona soon. It isn't hard for even a terrible defense to screw with a rookie QBs head at this level. Course, by than the veterans on the team could be mailing it in so bad that they may not show up (we are talking about Sapp and Moss who have been known to puff something).

Chicago only has to get past the New York Football Giants and New England, both away games for Da Bears. They will probably beat the G-men (more like trounce them and the next week do the same to the Jets forcing the renaming of Giants Stadiums to Soldier Field East), but will fall to the Pats in a squeaker and rumble off to 15-1 and host the NFC Playoffs.

Kidhuman
10-11-2006, 06:01 PM
I bet a guy at work who is a Raiders fan that they would go 0-16. I bet him 5 bucks and I got 5-1 odds on it.

&Isobars

2-1B
10-11-2006, 09:23 PM
It would be a dream come true to see a team go 0-16 in a season...I hope I see it before I die. :cry:

Lousy Jets and Texans, you guys came so close with your stupid 1-15 records. :mad:

JetsAndHeels
10-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Lousy Jets and Texans, you guys came so close with your stupid 1-15 records. :mad:

We couldn't even do that right.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-11-2006, 09:38 PM
If there had been a 16 game season in 1976, the Bucs would have done it. 0-26 to start their existence.

2-1B
10-11-2006, 10:10 PM
MOTHERF***ER. :mad: I just noticed Buffalo plays at Detroit this week...now the Lions will be 1-5. :rolleyes:

Scratch them off the list. (get it? scratch? like a lion? lol lol lol)

Hopefully Wash can bring their game against Ten...and Oak SHOULD get killed by Denver but you know how that rivalry goes. :confused:

Darth Jax
10-11-2006, 10:30 PM
denver typically sucks in nationally televised evening games (but currently are at 2-0), surely our luck won't hold for 3 straight games. but if you can beat the pats and ravens it should be a given they can keep the raiders from scoring.

if the raiders win before the bucs i may have to hang myself.

figrin bran
10-11-2006, 10:43 PM
Bears won't go 16-0. they'll have the division wrapped up early on and will do the proverbial sitting down of starters.

Raiders won't go 16-0 either. in fact, they'll probably win the game against Houston and the last game against the Jets. Lamont Jordan will be looking for revenge.

JetsAndHeels
10-11-2006, 11:09 PM
Raiders won't go 16-0 either. in fact, they'll probably win the game against Houston and the last game against the Jets.

No way in hell. The Jets aren't that bad.

figrin bran
10-11-2006, 11:20 PM
heh heh...well Kellen Clemens will probably be starting that game and those Oregon QB's don't have a very good track record. :p

JetsAndHeels
10-11-2006, 11:27 PM
heh heh...well Kellen Clemens will probably be starting that game and those Oregon QB's don't have a very good track record. :p

He could be playing then, of course if the Jets are leading by so much in the 4th quarter I don't see any reason to not let him play. :D

figrin bran
10-12-2006, 12:34 AM
but don't you want to win the AJ Hawk's brother in law sweepstakes?

JimJamBonds
10-12-2006, 08:10 AM

Meh the Packers already won the AJ Hawk's brother in law's sister contest. :p

JetsAndHeels
10-12-2006, 10:01 AM

Brady Quinn has talent, and he will go very early in the draft...having said that I am not really sure that he will be a complete success in the NFL right away. He doesn't have the size that most NFL qb's do to compete coming right out of college.
I'm not saying he won't be good, it just may take a while for him to develop. He will go somewhere and start some later in the year, or possibly sit for a season to study the offense.

figrin bran
10-12-2006, 11:05 AM
i've never seen what AJ Hawk's wife looks like...obviously i don't watch a whole lot of college football

Heels, do you have some sort of anti ND thing going on the same way i have an anti trojans bias going on? ;)

the truth is that with the exception of Marino, no rookie QB does well right away. i don't have Peyton's rookie stats handy but i know they were abyssmal.

Rogue II
10-12-2006, 12:16 PM
I don't watch much college football either, but I did see some of the the Notre Dame vs. Ohio State game last season. Brady Quinn's sister had more TV time as any of the players. Not a bad looking gal.

JetsAndHeels
10-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Heels, do you have some sort of anti ND thing going on the same way i have an anti trojans bias going on? ;)

Not at all. I have an anti Nc State and Dook thing going on as a life long Tarheel. ;)

figrin bran
10-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Not at all. I have an anti Nc State and Dook thing going on as a life long Tarheel. ;)

i guess you're not too much of a Philip Rivers fan then but what about Jerricho Cotchery? :p

usually i don't like the blue devils but Elton Brand is my favorite basketball player and i've tons of his autographed cards

JetsAndHeels
10-12-2006, 10:57 PM
i guess you're not too much of a Philip Rivers fan then but what about Jerricho Cotchery? :p

I hated Cotch when he was with State...now that he is on the Jets I like him, but I will not get a jersey or shirt of him. I watch Jets games at a sportsbar near the State campus, so I won't have anyone think that I am loyal to the wolfpack (anyone who knows me is already aware of this though).

Mad Slanted Powers
10-13-2006, 12:11 AM
the truth is that with the exception of Marino, no rookie QB does well right away. i don't have Peyton's rookie stats handy but i know they were abyssmal.

Just looked up Peyton's rookie stats from 1998:

Rating = 71.2
326/575 = 56.7% completions
3739 yds
26 TD
28 Int

They finished 3-13 that season. Not particularly good numbers, especially the interceptions, but a fair amount of TDs and yards. The next season, his TDs were the same, but the INTs were down to 15, the % was up to 62.1 and his rating was 90.7. That year they were 13-3.

figrin bran
10-13-2006, 01:04 AM
Rating = 71.2
326/575 = 56.7% completions
3739 yds
26 TD
28 Int

"Man, those are some great stats!" - Brett Favre

Mad Slanted Powers
10-13-2006, 01:16 AM
"Man, those are some great stats!" - Brett Favre
Indeed, I just looked up Favre's first year when he was in Atlanta. 5 attempts, 0 completions with two INTs. His first full year the next year with the Packers was better. 64.1%, 18 TD, 13 Int, 3227 Yds, 85.3 rating.

figrin bran
10-13-2006, 02:29 AM
For their week 6 bye, the Minnesota Vikings will hold their 2nd annual boat trip "wish you were here daunte" :p

pbarnard
10-13-2006, 12:26 PM
For their week 6 bye, the Minnesota Vikings will hold their 2nd annual boat trip "wish you were here daunte" :p

No, this is like the 2nd anal Fred Smoot boat trip, but the 10th or 12th in history. Course, Matt Birk (the Minnesota center) said last year that hiring/flying in the strippers from Houston and Atlanta was an insult to the strippers of Minnesota.

2-1B
10-13-2006, 05:59 PM
No, this is like the 2nd anal Fred Smoot boat trip, but the 10th or 12th in history. Course, Matt Birk (the Minnesota center) said last year that hiring/flying in the strippers from Houston and Atlanta was an insult to the strippers of Minnesota.

PLEASE tell me you accidentally misspelled "annual" :crazed:

pbarnard
10-13-2006, 06:31 PM
PLEASE tell me you accidentally misspelled "annual" :crazed:
:twisted:I never got better than a B in spelling in elementary school...

:D:bandit:

2-1B
10-13-2006, 08:16 PM
lol lol lol lol lol

figrin bran
10-13-2006, 09:58 PM
i thought that particular Vikings corner spells his last name s-m-u-t

2-1B
10-13-2006, 10:31 PM
You forgot the umlauts over the u. :crazed:

figrin bran
10-14-2006, 12:46 AM
i'll wait for one of the mods to change it ;)

in the meantime, let me put in my prediction for this sunday: Mr. Hall of Famer is going to say "There's no such thing as a pure cover corner anymore but Champ Bailey comes awfully close. What they need to do is to make it so that they go back to just letting those DB's play. I mean, if you see a guy grabbing a jersey then that's obviously something the refs have to call but they're just calling penalties for incidental contact and..."

and then Michaels jumps in "and then right on cue, Champ Bailey intercepts a pass intended for Moss".

Madden : now that's what i'm talking about! 2 great players out there and they just let 'em play. no flags, no whistles. and i tell you what, it looks like Moss kind of let up on the play. that's a no-no.

2-1B
10-14-2006, 09:54 AM
Well done sir, you should be a writer for SNF. lol

pbarnard
10-14-2006, 04:01 PM
i'll wait for one of the mods to change it ;)

in the meantime, let me put in my prediction for this sunday: Mr. Hall of Famer is going to say "There's no such thing as a pure cover corner anymore but Champ Bailey comes awfully close. What they need to do is to make it so that they go back to just letting those DB's play. I mean, if you see a guy grabbing a jersey then that's obviously something the refs have to call but they're just calling penalties for incidental contact and..."

and then Michaels jumps in "and then right on cue, Champ Bailey intercepts a pass intended for Moss".

Madden : now that's what i'm talking about! 2 great players out there and they just let 'em play. no flags, no whistles. and i tell you what, it looks like Moss kind of let up on the play. that's a no-no.

But you forgot to work in Brett Favre. Madden "Now Brett Favre would've thrown that interception, but he'd have slung it so gosh darn hard, Champ Bailey would've broken his thumbs...And than, BOOM! Randy Moss would strip the ball and run it in for the score. Brett Favre sure is great."

figrin bran
10-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Well done sir, you should be a writer for SNF. lol

awwww thanks! :D

get ready to laugh tomorrow night when he actually says something close to it. i remember him saying that "no pure cover corner" during one of the denver games last year.

2-1B
10-14-2006, 05:05 PM
OH, I'll be laughing, no doubt...I would also expect the term "shutdown corner" to be abused as well. :D

figrin bran
10-14-2006, 07:46 PM
expect to see old footage of a certain Raiduhs Hall of Fame coach peppered here and there into the broadcast.

you'd think i actually was a part of the SNF production crew! ;)

2-1B
10-15-2006, 08:35 AM
They'll need that footage for after the Broncos have a commanding lead and the game is a dud.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-15-2006, 09:20 AM
They'll need that footage for after the Broncos have a commanding lead and the game is a dud.I thought if we were mentioning the script beforehand, then that'd mean the Raiders would collapse at the end, not be blown out from the start. But, MNF has been dud-ly more often than DoRight... :o

bobafrett
10-15-2006, 04:41 PM
My new avatar sporting my favorite Chicago Team, well tied with the Cubs, but one team is having it's best season ever!

Mad Slanted Powers
10-15-2006, 04:49 PM
Best season ever? The only way they can top being 15-1 and Super Bowl champions is to go 16-0 and win the Super Bowl. I have a feeling some people in Miami have already started the voodoo rituals to prevent a perfect season. The Seahawks are going to want another shot at them too.

pbarnard
10-15-2006, 04:57 PM
My new avatar sporting my favorite Chicago Team, well tied with the Cubs, but one team is having it's best season ever!

The Cubs still exist? They haven't torn down that field and made them the equivalent of the Kansas City Royals yet? When the Cubs become committed to winning and not a ballpark expierence, the rest of the world may notice.

Back to the Bears, even the 85 Bears wouldn't be the best team in their history, just the Super Bowl era. There were some Hlaas lead teams that were undefeated I believe. Please no hyperbole "Greatest Ever", because no one cares to remember the distant past much less last week. Are they a good team? Yes. A dominant team this season? Yes. Super Bowl Favorites? Probably. They have 2 tests left on a soft schedule (ranked in the bottom 5 by the league), the Giants which they'll probably beat and at New England which if the arrive undefeated could lead to an undefeated season. However the liklihood of them easing off the last 2 weeks remains depending if they have homefield wrapped up.

2-1B
10-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Damnit. :mad:
The Lions, Bucs, and Titans ALL won this week, so that's 3 winless teams off the radar...the Raiders are now our only hope. :( :( :(

Mad Slanted Powers
10-15-2006, 05:59 PM
A history of unbeaten teams:

1920 - Akron Pros (8-0-3). No official standings were maintained and they were awarded the championship in a league meeting on 4/30/1921. Clubs played schedules that included games against nonleague opponents

1922 - Canton Bulldogs (10-0-2)

1923 - Canton Bulldogs (11-0-1)

1929 - Green Bay Packers (12-0-1)

1934 - Chicago Bears (13-0-0) but lost championship game to NY Giants 30-13 in the famous "Sneakers Game". Giants trailed 13-3 in the 3rd quarter before switching to basketball shoes for better footing on the cold and icy Polo Grounds field.

1942 - Chicago Bears (11-0-0) but lost championship game to Washington Redskins 14-6. Halas left midseason to join the navy.

1972 - Miami Dolphins (14-0-0) defeated Cleveland 20-14, Pittsburgh 21-17 and Washington 14-7 to win the Super Bowl. Back then, record didn't determine home field, so the Pittsburgh game was not a home game for Miami. Overall record: 17-0, only unbeaten and untied team in NFL history. The first four had ties, the two Chicago teams lost in the championship games.

All info from the 2006 NFL Record & Fact Book. From the back cover:

"It's as important to me as my playbook was during my playing days." - Phil Simms

"We never start a meeting without it." - Tom Jackson

figrin bran
10-16-2006, 12:02 AM
I hate Troy Polamalu and so naturally i loved how Larry Johnson tackled him by grabbing his hair. I don't think he should've gotten a personal foul penalty either.

I guess i was a bit off with my Madden prediction as he said Champ Bailey isn't a shutdown cover corner but a "complete corner" because he plays the run.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-16-2006, 01:27 AM
I hate Troy Polamalu and so naturally i loved how Larry Johnson tackled him by grabbing his hair. I don't think he should've gotten a personal foul penalty either.I had that game on when that happened, but didn't see it. I've been thinking for a long time that someone should tackle those guys by their Bob Marley hair.

Rogue II
10-16-2006, 02:23 AM
Johnson didn't get a penalty for pulling the hair. He "taunted" Polamalu after the tackle.

figrin bran
10-16-2006, 02:29 AM
I had that game on when that happened, but didn't see it. I've been thinking for a long time that someone should tackle those guys by their Bob Marley hair.

If i'm not mistaken, someone tackled Ricky Williams by the hair a few years back.

Lord Malakite
10-16-2006, 02:44 AM
A history of unbeaten teams:

1972 - Miami Dolphins (14-0-0) defeated Cleveland 20-14, Pittsburgh 21-17 and Washington 14-7 to win the Super Bowl. Back then, record didn't determine home field, so the Pittsburgh game was not a home game for Miami. Overall record: 17-0, only unbeaten and untied team in NFL history. The first four had ties, the two Chicago teams lost in the championship games.

For curiosity's sake what was their pre-season record? For a team to be truly undefeated I think they should have to win all their pre-season games in addition to all their regular season and all their post season games.:D Extra kudos if they also have chosen Pro Bowl players and their division (AFC/NFC) also wins that.lol

Mad Slanted Powers
10-16-2006, 09:04 AM
For curiosity's sake what was their pre-season record? I don't know that, but back then I think they played 6 preseason games.

Slicker
10-16-2006, 09:14 AM
The Lions finally got on the board with a win!

Now it's on to New York to DOMINATE the Jets. Get ready J&H for an embarrassment.

pbarnard
10-16-2006, 09:31 AM
I don't know that, but back then I think they played 6 preseason games.

In the days of the AFL. Pre AFL they played exhibition games against college all-stars (rookies), local semi-pro teams, and what not.

figrin bran
10-16-2006, 11:01 AM
The Lions finally got on the board with a win!

Now it's on to New York to DOMINATE the Jets. Get ready J&H for an embarrassment.

Is that a Slicker "guarantee" or a Roy Williams "guarantee"? :p

kool-aid killer
10-16-2006, 11:28 AM
The Cubs still exist? They haven't torn down that field and made them the equivalent of the Kansas City Royals yet? When the Cubs become committed to winning and not a ballpark expierence, the rest of the world may notice.

Exactly. I cant say i care about them anymore, because i have a hard time believing one of the richest teams in baseball year in and year out sucks. Why is it every other team whos had decades since their last World Series Championship has won in the past few years, yet the Cubs havent been able to? It seems like all the fans want to do is get wasted and say they went to a Cubs game, rather than caring about what happens on the field. Tell you the truth, if im going to support a mediocre team i should root for the Royals: their minor league affiliate is in my city, their closer to my city, and theyve at least got a decent reason to be in the position they are in year after year.

Back to the Bears, i wont be able to catch much of the game, i dont get off of work until 10.

pbarnard
10-16-2006, 12:23 PM
Exactly.

Back to the Bears, i wont be able to catch much of the game, i dont get off of work until 10.

As one who used to live in Omaha I can only say, luckily the Golden Spike name fad came and went....

Best line of the weekend I though was in reference to the field that can be moved in and out of the stadium at 1mph, Chris Berman wanted to take that to the game.

Slicker
10-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Is that a Slicker "guarantee" or a Roy Williams "guarantee"? :pIt's a Roy William's style Slicker guarantee.

JetsAndHeels
10-16-2006, 06:23 PM
Get ready J&H for an embarrassment.

Seeing the Lions play? Sure. :)

Mad Slanted Powers
10-16-2006, 06:50 PM
In the days of the AFL. Pre AFL they played exhibition games against college all-stars (rookies), local semi-pro teams, and what not.They played 6 preseason games in the 70's as well, until they lengthened the regular season from 14 to 16. They cut two games from the preseason, so still 20 games total.

Lord Malakite
10-16-2006, 09:01 PM
I found the answer.:razz:

Q: What was the Dolphins' preseason record in 1972?

A: The Dolphins were 3-3 in the preseason:

8/05: at Detroit 23-31 L
8/12: Green Bay 13-14 L
8/19: at Cincinnati 35-17 W
8/25: Atlanta 24-10 W
8/31: at Washington 24-27 L
9/10: Minnesota 21-19 W

Not so undefeated after all.:D AFC won the 1972 Pro Bowl though, so kudos to Miami for that at least.