PDA

View Full Version : No Q&A again?&?

Kidhuman
09-09-2006, 07:44 PM
Did we get shunned again?&

Devo
09-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Did I not read somewhere that they were taking another break this week? Not just from our questions but all across the participating websites. Still haven't seen any answers to the questions I voted for though and they were submitted at some stage. Must say though I don't understand their excuse for our questions being snubbed for so long...do they say they 'lost' our questions?? What the hell does that mean? They're here on our website, not terribly hard to 'find'. How does it happen for weeks in succession and seemingly only to our questions? Doesn't seem like that can be an accident and yet its not like we asked anything hardhitting that Hasbro would go to some length to avoid answering. I don't get it.

JediTricks
09-10-2006, 03:32 PM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=76

Please note, due to Labor Day shortening the work-week, Hasbro will not be answering questions on Sept 8th.

As Devo said, nobody got answers this week.

Kidhuman
09-10-2006, 03:53 PM
is it doubled this coming week?&

Tycho
09-10-2006, 09:14 PM
is it doubled this coming week?&

Maybe the bull**** is doubled. Mouse Droid.

JediTricks
09-11-2006, 05:21 PM
I hope it's doubled, I can't imagine why they'd ask for questions on Friday just to backlog them. And maybe they'll answer our 2 more weeks' worth of outstanding questions as well... that'd be nice.

Droid
09-11-2006, 06:56 PM
I must say I've lost interest in this. They drop a nugget of new or interesting information once in a while, but most of the time it is a bunch of "can't tell you yet" or "maybe some day" stuff. I just wish they would change the way they let out information. Rather than a bit here and a bit there or a bunch of stuff on one web site or at a convention, I don't understand why they don't have a systematic way of releasing information that would be exciting. Once a month announce a new wave that will come out next year. Show us prototype photos. If they were releasing thirty all new figures next year why not have Hasbro.com announce them one at a time or something. I just don't get the feast or famine on information and why Hasbro rarely makes a point of being the first to reveal something new. Imagine if there were no leaks, are we to believe that Hasbro feels the best way to reveal its product line is just a bunch of stuff all at once in booths at a convention? And prior to those booths they act like it is a State secret? As I said, why not space it out so throughout the year HASBRO itself is revealing new information on its website? Baffling.

Tycho
09-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Hasbro did answer some very specific questions. Look:

1) In 1999 will Hasbro release any Darth Maul action figures?

- Yes.

2) In 2004, will Hasbro repaint the 1978 X-wing fighter mold again and re-release it?

-Yes.

3) In 2005, will Hasbro be making action figrues from the movie Revenge of the Sith?

- Yes.

I mean these are very specific answers and direct from Hasbro!

JediTricks
09-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Q: Does the Star Wars team still have interest in seeing every original Kenner vintage figure redone in the modern line in some way (be it basic figure or otherwise), such as: Sim Aloo, Warok, Lumat, human B-wing Pilot, Hoth Rebel Technician / Tauntaun wrangler, black Bespin Security Guard, Woof (vintage Klaatu with the sheepskin), etc.? If so, any specific timeline for them?

A: It's not a stated goal for the next few years, but it will probably happen eventually more organically... i.e next time we do an Ewok, for instance, it could be an update on original figures. But we haven't just slotted all these into a future line.

Q: Understanding that it's not currently possible for HasbroToyShop to offer a 1-of-every-figure subscription service, what about offering individual 1-of-every-figure-in-the-wave sets on the site when they come out, so a buyer can get all the unique figures in that wave at once without having to buy a full case with all its duplicates? Those duplicates could even be sold as individuals on HasbroToyShop.

A: We're looking at ways to facilitate this, but there's no solution in place. It comes down to how many different versions of our basic figure waves we can produce and make sure wires don't get crossed at our warehouse level. The operational execution is critical... it would be bad to send these heavy collector-targted waves to mass retail, even if by accident. If we can solve that, we could probably so something like you suggest.

Q: Could troop builder figures be made available (indefinitely if possible) on Hasbro Toy Shop after they're taken out of regular circulation?

A: The preference would be to do more troop builder figures at retail, rather than DTC.

Q: The "Ewoks" tv-movies and cartoons were released on DVD last fall. Is there any chance of getting figures based on the Ewok movies and cartoons, especially Teek, Princess Kneesa (realistically-styled if possible), the Marauders, and the number of Ewoks who did not appear in ROTJ?

A: Not any time soon.

Just because we don't like the results doesn't mean they didn't answer the questions. I think the problem is that collectors don't like the actual results, they want Hasbro's viewpoint to fit our viewpoints, but that's not how it works.

Droid
09-12-2006, 09:56 PM
I acknowledged they reveal something once in a while. As I said, my beef is that they keep everything a big secret, then either there is a large leak they refuse to acknowledge or they just suddenly reveal everything at a convention. They should make their web site the primary place for new information. They should be announcing a new product or showing new pictures every week. There is enough product during the year that they could do that. And they don't.

pbarnard
09-12-2006, 10:13 PM
I acknowledged they reveal something once in a while. As I said, my beef is that they keep everything a big secret, then either there is a large leak they refuse to acknowledge or they just suddenly reveal everything at a convention. They should make their web site the primary place for new information. They should be announcing a new product or showing new pictures every week. There is enough product during the year that they could do that. And they don't.

Except as a publicly traded company there are rules about what they can and can release "officially", when, etc. I'm really suprised about some of the answers we get in the Q&A's.

Jaff
09-14-2006, 09:50 AM
You know maybe I'm ungrateful, or even arrogant on this subject but I was never interested in Hasbro's nugget comments on the Q&A. They don't have rules about what they release because in 1997 and 1998 (during POTF and Slide assortments) Hasbro's website listed a whole years worth of releases in their up and coming section. Now they tease us with hints but do not give us the vision of where their going. They treat us like hungry animals, but only toss crumbs. I don't have time for morsels, and their Q&A (although insightful once in a while) does not really offer much info other than "we can't answer that right now it's a secret!" routine.

All I think the Q&A is, is a Public relations attempt to keep us hooked so we don't forget collecting during our current dry spells. They need us thirsty because what their releasing for the next three months is nothing but rehashes, and they were probably worried about it. They needed to reassure us that their making better stuff and we needed to wait a little longer for the goods. They just need to be straightforward with us, rather than play tidbits. Bottom line IMO, they are not selling government secrets they should be trying to get us excited. They say they don't want to mention what's comming out because we will loose our anticipation. If they told me they were making Darth Mauls Sith Infiltrator in Christmas 2007 I would be salivating and excited every day till then. That is what hooks us. Not wait and see.

dindae
09-14-2006, 12:16 PM
I like the fact that every week there is the potential of some news above what is normally released. The main reason I come to these boards is to learn what is coming and once I get the news share in the excitement/disappoint with my fellow forumites.

Tycho
09-14-2006, 12:30 PM
I think JediTricks does an excellent job with submitting our questions and hosting the voting threads on which topics to ask. I also love the work he puts into the 'round the web round-up of all the various sites' questions and answers, making SSG a one-stop-shop.

That being said, a lot of the good stuff is on our end (JT's work).

He said to me (above, this thread) that just because we don't always like Hasbro's answers, doesn't mean they aren't being specific.

Yeah, he has a point. And often enough I do like Hasbro's answers and they can be specific. I think sometimes, I will have every inclination to post a negative opinion quickly when I don't like one of the answers.

But at the very least, in private messages, often publically, I let JT know what a great job I think he is doing for our community here.

Sadly, I don't really get the notion to write Hasbro and tell THEM when they do a good job. Take the SSG Top 50 Most Wanted Figures we all voted on. Well Hasbro got the list hand delivered to them (by myself and Dr. Evezan of our very own forums) at Celebration 3, and they have (likely coincidentally, but not completely unconsciously) completed making action figures of 1/5 of them and then some, since then (April 2005).

At Comic Con, for what reason I can't phathom, I passed Darrel DePriest and never really said a word - when I should have made a resoundingly loud THANK YOU escape from my throat. We don't have the young Lars family or Herme Odel or Yarna (not that I personally wanted her) confirmed yet, but a lot of what we did want (General Veers, Major Derlin, Luke Endor, Moff Jerjerrod, Chief Chirpa, Hem Dazon, R5D4, & more) has happened.

Darrel, Brian, Mark et. all should be congratulated for that. I don't know if one of them is answering JT's questions, but whoever is seems to be in touch with the fans even if they are not always giving the answers we want to hear.

But I still reserve the right to groan each time they say "We've re-invented the Luke Skywalker Tatooine Gear action figure." Hehe.

Battle Droid
09-15-2006, 03:48 PM
Are they answering questions today?

Tycho
09-15-2006, 04:06 PM
Are they answering questions today?

That's the first question that will get a direct answer, isn't it? :D

JediTricks
09-15-2006, 04:10 PM
We should know within 50 minutes. They said they were, but... well, you know.

El Chuxter
09-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Well, I'd like to toss a question out for consideration, and I don't see that you've started a thread yet. I just don't want to forget this little doozy:

Given that they are popular (especially with kids), sell quite well, and were a deciding factor in the final battle of the Star Wars saga, why have the Ewoks been so short-changed in the modern action figure line (7 figures, 2 of which were inaccurate Wicket repaints, in 11 years)? And, are there any plans to correct this in the future?

Battle Droid
09-15-2006, 06:06 PM
We should know within 50 minutes.

I guess that's a no then.

Though I haven't seen any questions answered on any sites so maybe Hasbro decided to take two weeks off.

dindae
09-15-2006, 09:28 PM
Getting no answers at all is getting old.:( :tired: :sleeping: :zzz:

pegger
09-16-2006, 08:24 AM
Maybe our Titanium 6" question p-ed them off?

JediTricks
09-16-2006, 04:40 PM
Well, I'd like to toss a question out for consideration, and I don't see that you've started a thread yet. I just don't want to forget this little doozy:

Given that they are popular (especially with kids), sell quite well, and were a deciding factor in the final battle of the Star Wars saga, why have the Ewoks been so short-changed in the modern action figure line (7 figures, 2 of which were inaccurate Wicket repaints, in 11 years)? And, are there any plans to correct this in the future?I didn't do a thread last week because we had 4 weeks' worth of questions outstanding, instead I just took some questions that tied the week before and used them, tossed in a new one that I wanted to see them answer. Since they now have 5 weeks' worth of questions, I consulted with Steve and we're not doing a thread this week either unless we hear from them before next Friday. However, I have added your question to the list of questions, so the next thread we do put up (either next week or the week after) will have it.

I guess that's a no then.

Though I haven't seen any questions answered on any sites so maybe Hasbro decided to take two weeks off.A "no" it seems to be, totally sucks. And so far nobody has gotten answers, but I can't imagine Hasbro taking off a second week for an arbitrary reason.

Maybe our Titanium 6" question p-ed them off?That'd be interesting. :D

BoShek
09-18-2006, 06:51 PM
I really hate reading these questions. I usually goes like this:

Q. "Is there any chance we can get __________ ?"

A. "Not anytime soon."

Battle Droid
09-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Other sites are posting answers, did we get any?

JediTricks
09-19-2006, 02:58 PM
Other sites are posting answers, did we get any?
Yes, posting now.

I really hate reading these questions. I usually goes like this:

Q. "Is there any chance we can get __________ ?"

A. "Not anytime soon."Not every definitive answer can be a positive one, just because we want to see whatever doesn't mean they're going to make it.