PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars/Sigma 6?

Jangu Fett
09-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Ok, we all know that Hasbro has the right to make toys for both Star Wars and G.I. Joe. And most likely we've all seen the Unleashsed Battle Pack for each line. My thought is, what if next year Hasbro take a hint form the Joe Sigma 6 Unleashed and applies that to the SW Unleasehed? The Sigma 6 line has a lot of vehicles in this line. Multiple bikes, a stealth plane, tanks and a large carrier. All these with poseable figures. Why not do the same for Star Wars Unleashed? Speeder Bikes, Jedi Fighters, Speeders, and maybe a large Millenium Falcon. Or AT-AT? Me, I want AOTC Slave-1 with both Jango and Boba. Anyone else like that idea?

El Chuxter
09-10-2006, 11:37 AM
If the 2" Unleashed line lasts that long, which I seriously doubt.

Personally, I'd rather they take a hint in the opposite direction, and give us 7" GIJoe: A Real American Hero Unleashed figures.

Banthaholic
09-12-2006, 12:21 AM
Since Hasbro is hesitant to release any New vehicles or playsets in the 3 3/4" line citing cost, I'd be disapointed to see them make all new ones for a Sigma 6 line.

Call me oldschool but I like the current basic line of SW figures fine.

JediTricks
09-12-2006, 03:19 PM
I have 4 of the Sigma 6 vehicles, Hasbro is able to pack a lot more value into them, I got 2 $10 vehicles and 2 $15 vehicles and they all live up to their pricepoints, and because the figures are much smaller they can make vehicles that are much better in scale with the figures with the B-wing and Falcon and Imperial Shuttle and such, it's a better incentive for Hasbro to do vehicles in the scale. Plus, Hasbro's unwillingness to make new vehicle molds for the 4" figure line is becoming quite frustrating. However, having just throttled the Titanium Series 6" line to death, I suspect Hasbro wouldn't want to go into a line halfway between the Action Fleet size and the regular 4" figure size at this point.

I think they should try it though, an X-wing, TIE Fighter/Interceptor (swappable wings), Snowspeeder, Jedi Starfighter, AT-ST, AT-AT, Millennium Falcon, and AT-TE would all be great initial entries into the line.

Tycho
09-15-2006, 04:40 PM
If they change sizes again, I'll be so "Done" with Star Wars collecting.

My intentions are to complete my 3 3/4" dioramas, for which I will hope to be able to buy a Sailbarge, AT-TE, the rumored V-wing and Sith Infiltrator, a Gungan Sub, several more pod racers, the TurboTank, the Lars landspeeder, etc. I'll buy figures I need for my intended dioramas like a lot of Padme's outfits, Owen, Cliegg, and Beru, Queen Jamilla, Tey How, Herme Odle, The Tonnika Sisters, Luke, Leia, and Lando from the end of ESB, etc.

I also want few but not insignificant 12" figures, most likely from SideShow now, including some Padmes, Palpatines, Nute Gunray, Leia Bespin Gown, Lando General, a Weequay, etc.

And I want a Master Replicas Force FX Obi-Wan Kenobi lightsaber from TPM.

I'm going to buy a few assorted Galactic Heroes and a Boba Fett Potato Head if they should make him.

But that's mainly it. If Unleashed returns to 7", I'll get Lando and Qui-Gon for sure - then we'll see whoever else.

I have no intention to collect another line. I didn't touch the SW Transformers and wouldn't bother with a Sigma-6 size SW line either. That's my opinion.

I have a reluctant desire to "grow out of" toy collecting to an extent, though I won't give up what I've got. I both look foreward to adding specific things like what I listed above, and to quitting making toy runs altogether.

I'll more fully concentrate on aquiring the real estate, furniture, and art supplies I'll need to realize my dioramas the way I always dreamed they'd be - then I'll spend a lot of time submitting pictures to any and all fansites that will display them (Steve having the first dibs of course).

JediTricks
09-16-2006, 03:06 PM
Sigma 6 Mission Scale isn't meant to replace the regular Sigma 6 scale, it's meant to supplant it, like the SW Unleashed Battlepacks aren't meant to replace the 4" figure line. For me, the Sigma 6 Mission Scale is all about the vehicles, that's the way it should be with a SW version, Hasbro's never going to do vehicles right in the 4" line anymore, they're going to keep making a few crappy molds until the line folds that don't fit the scale and are misshapen and overpriced - that's what made Action Fleet great, minifigs interacting with ships, but they're dead; we have Titanium Series 3" vehicles which are great but no figure interaction at all - so a Mission Scale Star Wars would be something between Action Fleet and the regular 4" line.

Then again, you're not a "normal" collector anyway.