PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Lights

JetsAndHeels
09-11-2006, 10:51 AM
This show looks like it is going to be very good. I cannot wait for it to start in early October. Of course any football show is good in my book.
Anyone else planning to watch?

JetsAndHeels
09-13-2006, 02:09 PM
You are right J&H, it does look like a great show. Should be alot of fun to watch!! Cant wait

Slicker
09-13-2006, 04:51 PM
I thought this was about the MOVIE Friday Night Lights. I've been watching that alot since it's on HBO right now.

If the show is like the movie then it should be good...otherwise it'll be carppy.

2-1B
09-13-2006, 06:58 PM
Is it based on the movie in any way?

pbarnard
09-13-2006, 09:08 PM
Think it comes down to if you played or not...what level you stopped playing, reason, coaches, teammates that sort of thing. The only thing i really miss about that time is locker room pranks, coaches yelling at us not to get hurt playing grab *** that sort of thing...makes me smile and chuckle still to this day.

I didn't think the book was as great as all the sportswriters who drool over it make it out to be, didn't see the movie.

Course, they'll probably make the show about if the quarterback gets the cute girl but cheats on his faithful but equally cute girlfriend who's the running back sister/coaches daughter...but than again, NBC can ruin anything.

Rocketboy
09-13-2006, 10:14 PM
I wasn't very impressed with the movie, so I doubt I'll make it a point to watch the series.

JetsAndHeels
10-03-2006, 09:06 PM
So did anyone catch the premiere of this tonight?

I really enjoyed it. Thought it was a great way to set up the new series. One thing that surprised me was that the starting qb got knocked out so early (I mean early as in first episode). I think Smash Williams is going to be hurt very soon..I can see it already.