PDA

View Full Version : Carded Sneak Preview Zam Wesell and CloneTrooper!!

Beast
01-29-2002, 01:10 PM
I found an auction on Ebay that showed carded pictures of Zam Wesell and CloneTrooper as well as Jango. They are on the green POTJ card, so I guess we have confirmation that the four charecters pictured on the back of the card are the preview asstortment. No pictures of R3-T7 yet, but if I find them, I'll post. I'm attaching images of the carded Zam and CloneTrooper figures, since we have already seen the Jango.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
01-29-2002, 01:14 PM
Sneak Preview CloneTrooper Carded Front:

Beast
01-29-2002, 01:16 PM
Sneak Preview CloneTrooper Carded Back:

Beast
01-29-2002, 01:17 PM
Sneak Preview Zam Wesell Carded Front:

Beast
01-29-2002, 01:18 PM
Sneak Preview Zam Wesell Carded Back:

JEDIpartner
01-29-2002, 01:28 PM
I hate to say that I really only like the Zam on the card and off the card so far. I'm sure I'll love that plucky little astrodroid as well, but that Clone Trooper looks like he's got abdominal cramps!!! Poor guy... maybe you could attach that blue lollipop spout of blaster fire out of his-- erhm... and it'll look like he's REALLY taking care of his problem! Apparently, he didn't heed the warning... "DON'T DRINK THE WATER ON KAMINO!"

Sick, Sad World Hasbro... Sick, Sad World... :(

Paul-Kenobi
01-29-2002, 03:23 PM
Oh come on! he dosent look THAT bad!

Darth Ovori
01-29-2002, 03:35 PM
Dammit man, that clone thing's head looks like one of those Japanese toilets!!!

JetsAndHeels
01-29-2002, 03:39 PM
Zam doesnt look too bad. The clonetrooper looks a little strange, and even though I like Jango, he looks like he is trying to take a dump.
But I am buying them anyway!!
Whoo hoo!!!!

InsaneJediGirl
01-29-2002, 03:51 PM
The Zam is a good figure(Considering the others).The droid I'll probably pick up along with Jango.I dont really like the clone trooper though its really...*searches for nice word*....interesting.
:confused:

SithDroid
01-29-2002, 03:55 PM
Zam looks cool. The clonetrooper, not so much. Jango looks cool except for the pose he is in. The astromech doid looks cool as well.

Wolfwood319
01-29-2002, 04:02 PM
Zam looks decent, compared to the rest. That clonetrooper as both a figure and a character look just plain dumb. I'm not sure how much I'll like Zam as a character, though. If I see one, I'll pick it up, but I won't go out of my way to get her.

Fulit
01-29-2002, 04:20 PM
Does Zam's left arm come off? It looks like it in the picture.

Lord Tenebrous
01-29-2002, 05:28 PM
After seeing three of these, my major gripe is still the card. They've inflated the bubble, but kept the cards about the same size. Then they super-sized the pictures. The extra-large photo of the figure brings the tacky-factor up to full capacity.

We're paying an extra dollar or two for frickin' packaging. :frus:

Jargo
01-29-2002, 06:50 PM
The clonetrooper sucks even more than I first thought. Is his head an upside down Tupperware jug? It's far too large and appears to modelled on the design maquette rather than the movie images. Who can tell? It looks so bad in the package, like it was just thrown in there with no thought at all. Jango isn't much better. If they just changed his leg stance he might appeal a little more. Zam looked better holding the big rifle but obviously it doesn't fit in the blister sideways so they tape it down across a bump so it's twisted and warped when you unpack it like Aurra sings and like Flashback Luke's gun before that.

The ebay seller was actually expecting someone to buy now for $200.00 a figure, but after that auction for an EMPTY brown cardboard carton of episode two figures and the Jango figure that went for what was it? $300? nothing surprises me.

Still think the figures suck though. frankly $1 is too much for these.

LTBasker
01-29-2002, 08:20 PM
Interesting, on the card backing they reversed the photo of the clone trooper because you see the actual on-the-card figure being posed the other way. Maybe we'll get variants of them posed each way. :P

The clone trooper could've been better had they made it like the CTC Trooper (it looks like the frickin' Super Trooper dude mold from the EU figs)
I haven't looked at Zam yet, but I didn't like the figure before and I doubt I'll like her on card. :\ And I still thing the whole bubble-covering-the-card stuff is lame, it makes them like cheap generic toys you'd find on the checkout aisles of TRU or a drugstore. :(

Turbowars
01-29-2002, 08:51 PM
[i]Originally posted by LTBasker CAnd I still think the whole bubble-covering-the-card stuff is lame, it makes them like cheap generic toys you'd find on the checkout aisles of TRU or a drugstore. :( [/B] I couldn't agree with you more LT!!! I guess we collectors are kind of afraid of change:) I wish that the bubble would have stayed the same. Hasbro, lets forget E2/E3 and produce only the classics!! Only in a perfect world:) One question, Will these new cards(if different dimension)fit in a plastic STARCASE?????

Lman316
01-29-2002, 08:54 PM
I honestly don't think they look that bad. And I really don't mind the bigger bubbles, but I could understand that collectors who keep their figures in the package might be a little peeved - it might take up a little too much space. But for me - cause I open them - I really don't care because I'll just be throwing it away.
I'm still trying to keep some kind of hope that the Clonetrooper will have articulation that we can't see yet - it just doesn't seem like it could stand up in that pose, but I guess we'll have to wait and find out. And I for one (and it seems like I really am the only one) like the look of the Clonetrooper. It just looks cool to me.
The only major beef I have with Jango is that HBK (wrestling fans know what I'm talking about) leg pose. And Zam looks fine.

Darth Ovori
01-29-2002, 08:57 PM
What ticks me is that Jango is under title of Action figure... and toy...

How if his stuck in that one position... Oh no it's my battle with Mcfarlane all over again... only this time with Hasbro...:cry:

Paul-Kenobi
01-29-2002, 09:00 PM
There all cool lookin, i'm buying Jango The Clone Trooper and maybe Zam.

I soport the "I like the Attack Of The Clones toy waves" :D

chewie
01-29-2002, 09:11 PM
I'm waiting on clearance for all E2 stuff, but I will get most of them... eventually. After the line has exhausted itself from shelf-sitting.

JediTricks
01-29-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
Zam looks decent, compared to the rest. That clonetrooper as both a figure and a character look just plain dumb. I'm not sure how much I'll like Zam as a character, though. If I see one, I'll pick it up, but I won't go out of my way to get her. Wolfwood, you expressed how I feel right on the money. This figure looks remarkably "bleah", although what really bugs me is that bubble size.

It's not that it's too big, I don't mind that it takes up the whole width of the card, it's that they didn't put anything else in the danged tray! Why bother with a larger bubble if you're going to put the same quantity of junk you've been putting in a smaller tray and bubble for 7 years? It's not like they added anything extra, this suffers from "Ultimate Soldier XD Carded Syndrome", where the bubble was so large that the accessories didn't take up enough space and the toy looked like it came with less stuff for the money. That's stupid as hell IMO, why make a big ol' bubble that's going to make casual buyers think they're getting less product?!?

Lman316
01-29-2002, 09:30 PM
The only reason that I could see for the bigger bubble would be to show the figures' poses. It seems like everyone except for Zam seems to be placed in the bubble to "show off" it's "action" pose.
I mean, like I said, I don't mind the bigger bubbles that much, but I would actually like it to go back to the vintage style: no inner packing. Just the figure in the bubble and the accessories taped to it. I would cut down on wasted materials.

ChronicJedi
01-29-2002, 09:39 PM
I want the droid. I bet this one will be short packed in favor of extras of the others. I say don't judge them until you have them in your hands AND don't forget there is a movie yet to be seen. IMO 4 preview figs says a lot more than Mace Windu and a STAP. If these are on eBay already, where's the BoShek wave?

LusiferSam
01-30-2002, 12:03 AM
Cool if its real. But so much stuff on ebay is just *$#@?

SithDroid
01-30-2002, 01:42 AM
I agree with the bubble being too large. It just seems out of place. The whole thing is centered on the card now and kind of throws things out of whack. As for the figures going up a dollar. I can tell you that if this is the case then I will probably buy less tha I was expecting too. $6.99 is already a lot to pay and if they go up to $7.99, well then I will probably be limiting my collection from now on. Either that or wait till they go on clearance like the EP I stuff did.

mabudonicus
01-30-2002, 11:55 AM
It looks like the bubbles are as small as they could make em, in a way. Look at how zam and the CT are all splay legged in the package, as if that's the most neutral stance they can achieve.

Jayspawn
01-30-2002, 02:01 PM
I hate to say it, but they don't look too bad. Zam looks so tiny. And she's gonna cost $8. Which sucks because there's not even $2 worth of plastic used to make her! I can tell she's gonna be a hard figure to stand. Clonetrooper looks ok.

xboywonder
01-30-2002, 03:51 PM
Don't tell me they are going up in price... I thought 7.00 was already way too much... Where does this info come from ?? and what is the justification of a price increase ??

hairless chewie
01-31-2002, 01:05 AM
Hasbro makes toys for KIDS, not drooling fanboys like us! They have to cope with the fact that their major($$ $$) franchise toy line BOMBED with the last movie. Don't like them, then give your money to charity but quit the whining! Face it, once you see the movie, where will you go next??? Straight to TRU or Wal-Mart hoping that they have a Jango still on the shelf. Quit denying it, give in to it, and enjoy the whole experiance.:frus: