PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Star Wars Lego Pics(merged)

Battle Droid
08-13-2006, 01:16 PM
From, http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/LEGO_2007_Scoop_99699.asp

The following are listed (no pics though) as available to pre-order on amazon.de:

Droids Battle Pack (7654) - EUR 12.99
Clone Troopers Battle Pack (7655) - EUR 12.99
General Grievous’ Starfighter (7656) - EUR 25.99
AT-ST (7657) - EUR 24.99
Y-wing Fighter (7658) - EUR 45.99
Imperial Landing Craft (7659) - EUR 64.99

Thanks to Jipay at Eurobricks.com for sharing their news with us.

Jangu Fett
08-13-2006, 03:07 PM
GRIEVOUS' STARFIGHTER, IMPERIAL LANDER, A NEW AT-ST, MORE BATTLE DROIDS AND CLONES?!?!?!?!?!:shocked: This is great. I can't wait to see photos of these.

figrin bran
08-13-2006, 06:48 PM
i thought Lego wasn't permitted to make multipacks of the mini figures, which the battle droids and clones pack sounds like?

Jangu Fett
08-13-2006, 07:18 PM
At around $25 U.S. I really doubt these are just figure packs. And if they are?.?. They are way over priced. That go for all the sets. Euro is roughly double U.S. dollars, right? Grievous' Starfighter for $55 and the Imperial Landing Craft for $120 - $130.?.?. Those better be pretty large sets for that money.

JediTricks
08-13-2006, 09:13 PM
Euro-12.99 usually means US-$10, LEGO has different prices for different markets. And the exchange rate of the Euro to the Dollar is only 1 to 1.24, not 1 to 2, so 13 Euros would be $16.50 US if LEGO were to charge the same.

This is an interesting list, I'll try to get LEGO to comment.

Jangu Fett
08-13-2006, 10:01 PM
OK, but still, if the battlepacks are $16.50 they should have something other then say 4 or 5 figures. Like maybe a BARC Speeder or ISP (Swamp Speeder) with the Clones and a Dwarf Spider with the Droids. If they are only $10, I think 5 figures is a fair price.

I dying for photos of Grievous' Starfighter and the Imperial Lander. The AT-ST is most likely going to look like the video game version, or at lest a scaled down UCS version. I'll wait for the pics before I decide to get it. However, the Y-Wing, that is going to have to look freaking fantastic for me to buy it. I only got the first one because it was the only way, at the time, to get Vader's TIE Advanced.

Kidhuman
08-13-2006, 11:33 PM
sounds interesting.

Ji'dai
08-14-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm glad to see the AT-ST making a return. I only have one original version and need more. Hopefully it's another Endor version with some Ewok mini-figs.

The battle packs don't excite me too much. I'd like to see some Snowtrooper or Biker Scouts packs instead.

The original Y-Wing was pretty decent. I wonder if it will be a straight re-release or a new design.

I don't care much for prequel sets, but I'll probably get the Grievous Starfighter and Landing Craft.

Jangu Fett
08-19-2006, 06:45 PM
When should we be hearing or seeing any info on these? I'm going crazy:crazed: to see the Battle Packs, GGSF and the Imp. Lander.

Kidhuman
08-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Possibly Toy Fair, maybe sooner.

Jangu Fett
08-19-2006, 08:15 PM
Hopefully sooner. Toyfair is late Jan. early Feb.. We'll most likely find them in stores December.

JediTricks
08-21-2006, 06:04 PM
When should we be hearing or seeing any info on these? I'm going crazy:crazed: to see the Battle Packs, GGSF and the Imp. Lander.

Possibly Toy Fair, maybe sooner.

Hopefully sooner. Toyfair is late Jan. early Feb.. We'll most likely find them in stores December.If these are 2007 sets we'll almost certainly be seeing them in stores mid-December at TRU with a few early sightings in late November. And the preview photos should be in the next month I suspect.

ps - Toy Fair is mid-February, the '07 TF will be Feb 11th through 14th.

Kidhuman
08-21-2006, 06:06 PM
ps - Toy Fair is mid-February, the '07 TF will be Feb 11th through 14th.

I will be there to egg Steve on getting pics of everything

Jangu Fett
08-21-2006, 08:18 PM
That seems rather late to me. It always has. I would think TF would be mid-December. Right before the new year, not 2 months in. Oh, well. Nothing I can do about it.

JediTricks
08-22-2006, 05:05 PM
That seems rather late to me. It always has. I would think TF would be mid-December. Right before the new year, not 2 months in. Oh, well. Nothing I can do about it.The idea is to get retailers' buyers interested in products for the summer and then holiday season, January through April is generally a dead toy season anyway so the industry sort of holds its breath until it sees what's what in Feb.

Battle Droid
08-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Not sure if this is legit or not but,

From, http://www.fbtbforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=15379&start=0

Hi all, it's me again,
I have another breaking news for 2007 SW sets,
but sorry, due to confidentiality, no photo, only text description

here are more update on the set's content,

Episode III sets:
7654 - Droids Battle Pack
it is very attractive set because it contains,
4 battle driods (normal tan color driod)
3 SUPER BATTLE driods ( but the color may be change to metallic silver)
1 driod carrier (similar to 7126) and 1 "STAP" (shown in 7121)

7655 - Clone Troopers Battle Pack
it contain 4 clone trooper (ep3 clone, two white, one yellow mark, and one red mark)
1 ep3 speeder bikes and 1 Artillery

7656 - General Grievous' Starfighter
nothing special, with 1 minifigs (general grivous , of course)

Classic Sets:
7657 - AT-ST
re-design of 7127 (with 1 minifigs)

7658 - Y-wing Fighter
re-design of 7150 (base on UCS ver. ) with 1 minifigs , 1 R2 like driod

7659 - Imperial Landing Craft
1 pilot, 4 troopers

Those info are come from offical LEGO channel,
I have see the photos include the set and box art design,
If you don't believe me, just fine. Time can prove my word,

about AT-ST, It is redesign version,
-the head is similar to 7127,
-the Legs are similar to 7250,
-brick's color change (using new grey/dark grey)
-it is Imperial AT-ST pilot, with new design helmet,

One more SHOCKING News!!

in 2007 SW Sets,
All Troopers come with NEW DESIGN GUN
(just like previous MOC weapon on bricklink)
No Loud speaker any more!

JediTricks
08-22-2006, 10:17 PM
Wow, no more dozens of loudhailers? That alone is interesting stuff. I wish LEGO would get back to me on the original rumors. The rest of that news sounds good, I hope to see some nifty sets.

Jangu Fett
08-23-2006, 02:19 PM
Looks like I'll be getting a couple of the Battle Packs. I'm a little upset that GGSF and the Imp. Lander has so few figures. I was hoping for a Grievous' Bodyguard or another Obi-Wan figure with that and maybe 2 other figures with the Lander.

LusiferSam
08-23-2006, 03:20 PM
Wow, no more dozens of loudhailers? That alone is interesting stuff.
I totally agree with you on that one JT. To be honest I've never understood why Lego has continued to use the loudhailers as guns for the the past 7 years. Their willing to make all kinds of new elements for this line, but not laser guns? Go figure. I also think without pictures this is a pretty boring topic.

mastermatt24
08-23-2006, 10:23 PM
That lander sounds good.. I might just get it if its not that big.

Jangu Fett
08-26-2006, 05:30 PM
What do they mean Artillery, with the clone Battle Pack? It can't be the SPHA-T, that alone could be a set. And I'm slightly disapointed about the BARC speeder, I was really hoping for a Swamp Speeder. Seeing as I missed the Wookie Catamaran.

Jangu Fett
09-14-2006, 10:28 AM
Check them out.

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3_550_4353&zenid=0adae0f466c1ca5508be76199857ca62

Kidhuman
09-14-2006, 10:33 AM
Damnthem, while the page was loading it said AT-AT, but is the AT-ST. I think grievous ship and the droids and clones are lame

Jangu Fett
09-14-2006, 10:35 AM
Yeah, I'm disapointed with Grievous Starfighter also. And the Lander is just a large box with wings. The AT-ST and Y-Wing look great though.

LusiferSam
09-14-2006, 12:51 PM
And the Lander is just a large box with wings. The AT-ST and Y-Wing look great though.

What were you expecting the Lander to be? I don't see a big difference is the Y-Wing from previous releases. Maybe some updated bricks, but that's about it. The AT-ST looks better, but that's only because the first one was so simple. I like the driver. I don't really have an opinion of the Grievous ship. The battle packs are about what I was expecting.

Also the same photos can be found on the Brickshelf (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=205431) for the time being. I find they load faster.

Edit: merged the threads

JediTricks
09-14-2006, 09:27 PM
The new Imperial blasters look great, it's about time!

The Y-wing looks pretty good, way more detailed than the original and thicker, the original was very thin.

The Imp Lander is way too thick, it's way off from how it's supposed to look, but if it has a good interior I could be convinced.

The AT-ST's chin is a bit long and the head is still a bit narrow, but it looks way better than the original.

Grievous' Starfighter is a huge disappointment, the rear half completely drops the ball.

The Clone Trooper pack looks alright, can't go wrong with a speeder and a turret.

The Battle Droid pack looks good but the sled doesn't really do it for me.

Jangu Fett
09-14-2006, 09:47 PM
I am really, really upset with the Grievous Starfighter. That one I was really looking forward to. It's way to skinny. The cockpit area should have a little more bulk. Looks pretty weak.

The Lander I'm OK with, but it should be sleeker. The mid section is way to big and square.

I really like the Clone pack, I'll might get 2 of those. I like the dual-bike and turret. I don't like the Droid pack, but I get it for the 3 SBDs.

The At-ST is a definate for me, I have to see clearer photos of the Y-Wing before I deside.

But, Jt is right about the weapons. It,s about time. I like how the SAndtroopers have the larger rifles, just like the film.

figrin bran
09-14-2006, 11:20 PM
i never thought i'd be buying multiples of a lego set but i will for the clones and battle droids. i like the y-wing as well.

dindae
09-15-2006, 01:48 PM
The ones that interest me are Landing Craft, Grevious Starfighter, and the clones/droid packs. I just can't get into another Y-Wing or AT-ST. I've already passed on the Slave 1 and I seriously doubt I will get the Star Destroyer.

timmae
09-17-2006, 01:29 AM
i pretty much never buy legos. however i'll certainly pick up the battle packs. i really dig the figure legos. usually you omly get a fig or 2 with a big set. will snag a set as soon as i see em. any price point on the battle packs yet????

Jangu Fett
09-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Well I don't know if this is real or just a custom, but I think it warrents a posting. It listed as this is a June 2007 spoiler, but who knows? Anyway IMO, I think this is real, it looks like something lego would release. And the fighter looks slightly changed since the original, around the cockpit. But seeing as the pic isn't to clear, it's hard to tell. Any guesses what it is????

No one???

OK, it a AOTC Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Ring. Take a look...............
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2036052

Kidhuman
09-23-2006, 05:30 PM
If it is true, then it looks pretty darn good. &

LusiferSam
09-23-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm very sure it's MOC. Why? A couple of reasons. First we haven't heard any rumors on the sites like FBTB or Eurobricks. Second, the Brickshelf is a site for MOCs. With that said it looks like TonyMahoney has a blurry version of this user's hyperspace ring (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=111187). That and TonyMahoney has no other photos in his account.

Jangu Fett
09-23-2006, 06:44 PM
We'll see, I haven't heard any rumors about the rest of 2007 sets that we know of. And yes I know it can be a MOC, other people on brickshelf have pics from other lego 2007 lines like the Aqua Raiders. Some of the pics from brickshelf are of the 2007 Star Wars, sitting in front of a computer. And look exactly like the sets we're getting. Those were from last month, but I didn't pay them any mind, thinking just like you LusiferSam. "Thats just someones custom." Time will tell, but I won't lie. As much as I would like to see this set in June, part of me is thinking that it's just a MOC.:thumbsup:

Kidhuman
09-23-2006, 07:57 PM
What do you mean by MOC? I know its not mint on card&

Jangu Fett
09-23-2006, 08:26 PM
I think it stands for My Own Creation/Custom.

After looking at the link you included LS. I think you are may be right, but as I said before there are photos of the Y-Wing and Lander just like that. And those turned out to be the real thing.

LusiferSam
09-24-2006, 12:24 AM
I think it stands for My Own Creation/Custom.

Sorry for the confusion on that. But that's correct, I meant My Own Creation but MOC. It's Lego's term for fan made creations. Very confusing on a site where MOC means Mint on Card 90% of the time. In Lego speak custom means custom made part, mini-figure or mini-figure accessory.

JediTricks
09-24-2006, 02:57 AM
It's surely MOC, that's definitely the 2002 Jedi Starfighter set in the middle and it doesn't even differ from the 3rd image in the link LusiferSam found and that design isn't even right - the Hyperdrive ring goes around the nose of the ship, not the middle.

figrin bran
09-25-2006, 01:41 AM
i wish i could make something like that hyper ring!

Battle Droid
10-01-2006, 12:05 PM
More New 2007 Sets!

From, http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?show=New

7662 MTT
7661 Jedi Starfighter
7660 Naboo Starfighter

Jangu Fett
10-01-2006, 08:18 PM
See, I was right, from a certain point of veiw.:thumbsup:

We may still get the Hyperdrive Booster.

Jangu Fett
10-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Here are some clear pics of the new sets. Grievous' Starfighter doesn't look too bad, IMO.

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2006/lego_2007_cataloguescan.jpg

LusiferSam
10-03-2006, 01:07 PM
This really isn't new. But I saw these on the Brickshelf. Some scans from a German catalog (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=205552) showing the '07 sets. They're a bit better than the last pictures.

JediTricks
10-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Nice timing guys. :D

Battle Droid
10-28-2006, 01:55 AM
Boxed pics,

http://www.deathstarplans2.com/index.php?action=fullnews&showcomments=1&id=334

:D

Ji'dai
12-05-2006, 05:06 PM
LEGO Shop@Home (http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Leaf.aspx?cn=240&d=322) has the 2007 Star Wars sets listed in stock over on their website!

Ji'dai
12-20-2006, 02:49 PM
Has anyone seen the new SW sets at retail yet? A family member who had my xmas list told me she saw the Y-Wing at TRU but I've yet to see anything personally.

Slicker
12-20-2006, 02:51 PM
Still nothing here in Virginia Beach, Ji'dai.

JediTricks
12-20-2006, 05:18 PM
I saw the battle packs at the LEGO store in Glendale, but nothing at regular retail yet. I really wanted that Grievous Fighter too but nada yet.

msjedi
12-20-2006, 05:35 PM
I saw a shelf price tag for the Y-Wing today at a TRU here in Omaha but, they were all sold out.

Mandalorian Candidat
12-21-2006, 09:20 AM
Has anyone seen the new SW sets at retail yet? A family member who had my xmas list told me she saw the Y-Wing at TRU but I've yet to see anything personally.

I have the Imperial Landing Craft, Y-Wing, and Grievous Fighter. I haven't opened any of them yet because my son's getting the GG ship for XMas and I didn't want to tip him off that the 2007s were out yet by opening up the other two.

The new guns look pretty sweet and it looks like the ILC has a lot of little details (detachable landing pod, launchable missiles, hatches). The GG fighter I'm kind of meh on because it doesn't look that swooshable like the V-Wing or A-Wing. It does have a cool feature where the cockpit slides open (like the N1 fighter on TPM) instead of hinges open like the A-Wing. Plus you can clip the four sabers to the bottom of the ship for storage.

fbtb.net has some reviews on all the six new sets.

JediTricks
12-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Their review on the GG Fighter is what made me start hunting for it, that thing looks way better from any angle than the one LEGO chose for the PR photos. :p

Their review of the Landing Craft has me worried, I'm not sure I'll like the set but I do so want more Stormtroopers and the new blasters.

I hit a couple TRUs last night and still no sign of '07 SW Lego. :(

Ji'dai
12-22-2006, 05:55 PM
If my TRU or Wal-Marts had the new sets, they've sold out quickly. While prequel sets don't excite me and I'm honestly not all that enthused about this year's OT offerings, I'd still like to get the Landing Craft. I've always been fond of the Y-Wing since I got the vintage Kenner toy; I have two of the previous LEGO version.

When I get the new Shop@Home catalog in January I'll check to see if they have a special price for a '07 SW collection bundle. I have a $10 off a $75 purchase coupon I need to use between Jan 1 and March anyway.

If they do more battle packs I especially want Snowtroopers, Scout Troopers, and Ewoks. Hoth & Endor Rebel troopers would be good too. I've plenty of Stormtroopers and Imperial Officers (over a hundred each) :D

Mandalorian Candidat
12-22-2006, 11:21 PM
If you guys have Shopkos in your area, check them too (Sorry JT). I came back from one in Madison, WI and they had one YWing...and no other Legos, 2006 or otherwise. They have a BOGO 50% on all toys, so if you can score then great.

I'm hoping my local TRU will get some of the AT-STs and battle packs in tomorrow. Last Friday night is when they stocked the other three. I'd love the Clone set cause I got the Clone Turbo Tank last month and would like to beef up my clone army. The bike is kind of barebones and so is the turret, so it must be the clone helmet and tamped clone torsos keeping the piece count down.

On the other hand, there are tons of the droids in the other pack, plus the carrier speeder thing and a stap.

figrin bran
12-23-2006, 09:36 PM
JT, Burbank TRU had the Y-Wing and Imperial Landing Craft sets today. i bought the lone battle droids pack so presumably those and the clone packs were wiped out clean.

plasticfetish
12-25-2006, 10:49 PM
I'd spotted a few of the new sets a week or so ago (at Fred Meyer here in Portland.) Picked up the AT-ST for the kid... he got it today, but we haven't opened it yet. They also had Grievous' ship, which looks cool, but I could only pick one... for now. ;)

JediTricks
12-28-2006, 07:07 PM
JT, Burbank TRU had the Y-Wing and Imperial Landing Craft sets today. i bought the lone battle droids pack so presumably those and the clone packs were wiped out clean.Now that I'm financially wiped out by xmas, I've decided I won't buy any other LEGO set until I have the Grievous Starfighter... really it's an arbitrary thing but I'm sticking with it for now (mainly because I'm too sick to go shopping :p).

figrin bran
12-28-2006, 10:14 PM
argh.. i was kind of hoping for some of you guys to post reviews. especially of the Imperial Landing Craft as i'm kind of tempted to get one.

Battle Droid
01-02-2007, 01:32 PM
From, http://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=177730

7660 Naboo Fighter, redesign of the old set and include a redesign of 7111 too.
Comes with two figs.

7661 Jedi Starfighter with Hyperring, correct it is blue/dark blue, comes with
Obi-Wan and a Kit Fisto fig (quit cool).

7662 Trade Federation MTT, redesign, much bigger and does actually comes with 16
battle droids, 2 security battle droids, 2 pilot battle droids and a redesigned
destroyer droid.

Mandalorian Candidat
01-04-2007, 02:21 PM
argh.. i was kind of hoping for some of you guys to post reviews. especially of the Imperial Landing Craft as i'm kind of tempted to get one.

fb, check out the fbtb.net forums in the SW Lego section. All six of the Jan 07 sets have been reviewed.

I'm still trying to get my Jabba Barge and Clone Turbo Tank built before I start on the ILC.

Anyone having any luck finding the battle packs? I still haven't seen them, but then again most stores have yet to do their resets. BTW, on s@h there's a deal (kind of minor but still a deal) that you get $2 off when you buy 4 of any of the battle packs.

DarkArtist
01-04-2007, 03:04 PM
saw the y-wing the other night at TRU, passed since I have the first release. the only set so far that excites me is the Imperial Landing Craft. loved this ship the first time I saw it in the Star Wars SE.

plasticfetish
01-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Anyone having any luck finding the battle packs?We spotted them at a Target yesterday, and picked up a droid set. Haven't seen them (or much of anything new) any other place.

They also had some new creator sets out that looked good.

JediTricks
01-04-2007, 10:35 PM
I went hunting for the Grievous Starfighter today, no luck at all, and the local LEGO store was out of everything '07, said no more until March - sucks.

figrin bran
01-04-2007, 10:45 PM
you don't actually believe them, do you JT?

i really hope not since your local Lego store is my local Lego store.

i'll stash the Grievous fighter for you if i see it again.

JediTricks
01-04-2007, 10:57 PM
I dunno if I believe them, but the LEGO S@H website says backordered till the middle of next month, that's pretty bad. The Target website shows they're only in stock in parts of the valley I can't get to easily by bus, but I may have a shot this weekend for a different area. Still, if you find one for me, I'd appreciate a stashin'. I'll do the same for your clone pack.

plasticfetish
01-04-2007, 11:16 PM
New January catalog came in the mail today. :)

Battle Droid
01-05-2007, 02:32 AM
MTT

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2007/lego2007_7662lores.jpg

Jedi Starfighter w/ Hyperdrive ring

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2007/lego2007_7661lores.jpg

Naboo Starfighter w/ Vulture Droid

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2007/lego2007_7660lores.jpg

figrin bran
01-05-2007, 02:38 AM
there's also a hoth rescue set which is just a rumor at this point.

i'll cross my fingers on this one as it has tauntauns, luke, han, probot and a wampa.

bobafrett
01-05-2007, 07:43 AM
I saw the Grevious ship, the Landing craft, and the Y-Wing at my local Wal-Mart, by the next day all three were picked clean. I take it that the kids were using there gift cards after Christmas.

Mandalorian Candidat
01-05-2007, 09:28 AM

i'll cross my fingers on this one as it has tauntauns, luke, han, probot and a wampa.

The person at fbtb.net who supposedly released this rumor, along with talk of a System rebel blockade runner and some other sets, has disavowed it stating that someone else posted it using his i.d. It's still a biatchin' idea, though.

Stopped off at the local Target last night and they had just finished the postXmas reset. All six 2007 sets were there, including the GG Fighter, JT. I was itching to bolt over to the aisle once I got into the store, but my wife wanted to look at some fru-fru girlie stuff first. Once we started making our way towards the toys, I saw a youngun with a battle pack in his hot little hand. I told my wife that if that was the last one I was going to cage match him for it :whip: . Luckily there was one box of each left on the shelves. I haven't opened them up yet, but there's always this weekend...

It was a pretty good trip cause I also got the hasbro comic book 2-packs.

I was looking at the Aqua Raiders sets and noticed something kind of funny/weird. In the large set, Aquabase Invasion, there's a giant octopus with a see through belly. In it is a skeleton with a diver's mask and scuba tank. http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=7775

Pretty creative.

seanmcfripp
01-05-2007, 09:37 AM

I think there are also rumors of a new Gunship with E3 Clones and a System version of the Blockade Runner with Rebel troopers. How sweet would that be. All this stuff is over at Eurobricks, if anyone wants to check it out.

http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/euroforum/index.php?act=home

As stoked as I am for the summer SW sets, I'm even more pumped for everything else that's coming:

A new Bat-tank and Bat-coptor! The treads on the tank are huge, and I love it. I passed on the Arkham Asylum set, so nice to see I can still get The Riddler and Scarecrow with these sets.

Also, the space theme is coming back with the Mars Mission series. I think they look great. Not quite as "classic" as I was hoping for, but looks like it fits in with the Life on Mars stuff from a few years ago, which I loved. Definitely going to have to get the whole series.

And sweet, the Castle theme is back too. Knight's Kingdom never really did it for me for some reason, but this new line is scratching me right where I itch. Can't wait 'til I have that army of undead skeleton warriors in my LEGO ranks.

ExoForce is looking pretty blah. Glad I skipped on this when it originally came out.

Oh, and another thing...2007 is it for LEGO and Star Wars, right? Is the summer wave the last big hoorah, or can LEGO still legally squeeze out another wave for holiday '07?

jedi master sal
01-05-2007, 10:24 AM
From, http://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=177730

7660 Naboo Fighter, redesign of the old set and include a redesign of 7111 too.
Comes with two figs.

7661 Jedi Starfighter with Hyperring, correct it is blue/dark blue, comes with
Obi-Wan and a Kit Fisto fig (quit cool).

7662 Trade Federation MTT, redesign, much bigger and does actually comes with 16
battle droids, 2 security battle droids, 2 pilot battle droids and a redesigned
destroyer droid.

Ya know, I thought I had quit collecting LEGO. But damn, not only is the JSF w/ Hyperdrive ring pulling me back, but the call of the army builder in me is screaming to get the MTT. I've got a woody just thinking about it....(Okay maybe not, but I am excited about this set.)

Slicker
01-05-2007, 11:19 AM
I'm absolutely LOVIN' the Jedi Starfighter w/ Hyperdrive Ring!!! If I see it before I leave it'll be a definite buy.

Not too sure about the MTT though. The top of it seems a bit too rounded to me for some reason (I checked pictures and it does look accurate though).

jedi master sal
01-05-2007, 01:40 PM
I'm absolutely LOVIN' the Jedi Starfighter w/ Hyperdrive Ring!!! If I see it before I leave it'll be a definite buy.

Not too sure about the MTT though. The top of it seems a bit too rounded to me for some reason (I checked pictures and it does look accurate though).

Leave? Where you going? The military?

Slicker
01-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Leave? Where you going? The military?I've been in for 3 years but coming up in March I'm getting stationed in Japan and I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep collecting.

JediTricks
01-05-2007, 04:53 PM
I was looking at the Aqua Raiders sets and noticed something kind of funny/weird. In the large set, Aquabase Invasion, there's a giant octopus with a see through belly. In it is a skeleton with a diver's mask and scuba tank. http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=7775

Pretty creative.I noticed that when I saw the set in the store last month, I didn't know what to make of it, was he a ghost pilot? (I thought they might be mechs like the underwater Alpha Team sets) But now that you mention it, it's a diver helmet-wearing skeleton, so I think you're right, the octopus ate him, pretty funny! :D

A new Bat-tank and Bat-coptor! The treads on the tank are huge, and I love it. I passed on the Arkham Asylum set, so nice to see I can still get The Riddler and Scarecrow with these sets.That bat tank looks awesome, if that set is $50 or less I'll buy it the minute I see it. They're saying Bane is the 3rd minifig in that set, doesn't look pumped though, but I don't care, I'm still smiling ear to ear seeing that awesome bat-tank!

Also, the space theme is coming back with the Mars Mission series. I think they look great. Not quite as "classic" as I was hoping for, but looks like it fits in with the Life on Mars stuff from a few years ago, which I loved. Definitely going to have to get the whole series.I didn't care for Life on Mars, too many specialized pieces and not enough building. These new sets however look more exciting and creative, some are a bit similar but I'll definitely be getting a few.

The castle sets look a little juniorized and a little heavy borrowing on the vikings style, but you have to give it to the line with the darker visuals, it's got a skeleton horse for gourd's sake!

Exo-force really faltered this season, and it looks like it's taking a further tumble in the summer, maybe they'll look better in person though.

Technic and Creator look like they're gonna be really expensive. :p

Oh, and another thing...2007 is it for LEGO and Star Wars, right? Is the summer wave the last big hoorah, or can LEGO still legally squeeze out another wave for holiday '07?The license was extended to 2011.

Anyway, these 3 new sets look decent, I'm happy with my old MTT but this looks way bigger and more detailed. The JSF looks good, seems like a lot of technic-building to make the hyperdrive ring, and there's a frame to hold the JSF itself. The Naboo Fighter looks good, I've really hated the first one ever since it came out in '99 and didn't bother with the faux-UCS one, so this is nice.

Ji'dai
01-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Can't say I'm excited about those new sets. I still have two MTTs from '00 I've never bothered to build yet. I wish LEGO hadn't renewed the SW license and just focused on their in-house themes.

I finally spotted both battle packs at a WM just over the border in IL. Stores here have completed their resets but the LEGO aisle is still sparsely stocked.

That Aqua Raiders octopus with the diver skeleton is pretty funny. I'm sure we'll see a great white with the same feature, although Mega Bloks already did a rubber shark in their Pyrates line.

JediTricks
01-05-2007, 06:19 PM
The original MTT is one of the most underrated sets in the entire line, it's got classic LEGO styling everywhere you look, lots of interior room.

LusiferSam
01-07-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm really exited by those Castle sets. Castle is my favorite Lego theme (easly beating SW). The Knight's Kingdom stuff really hasn't done much for me. Although the '06 KK2 weren't to bad, this new line (if it's real) looks to be the best thing Lego has done with Castle in the last 10 years. I'm hoping these aren't prototypes if it's real. All the resent prototypes I've seen were always better then the final product.

The Batman sets are a bit of a yawn, but I'll likly get them. The new SW are a mixed bag. I like the MMT, the Jedi Starfigter is ok, and I hate the Naboo fighter. I'm unlikely to buy an of the other themes, but City looks good and more Town like. The Mars stuff has been done before and is still crap. And the Exo-Force stuff is junk as well.

JediTricks
01-08-2007, 05:47 PM
Well, I headed out to a distant WM and found a Grievous Starfighter, Clone Troopers Battle Pack, and Droids Battle Pack, and someone had mangled one of the other Droids BPs and outright stole the contents from the Clones BP. :eek: The BP boxes aren't glued like other LEGO, just taped closed.

The Clone Troopers Battle Pack is about $4 overpriced at $10, it only has 58 pieces, 4 minifigs, and 2 lame built elements - the gun emplacement and the 2-seater speederbike - the best thing about the set is its inclusion of 3 of the new Stormtrooper blasters, it also has the longer rifle but that's not as exciting. 2 of the Clones are plain white clones, 1 is a yellow-striped commander but they only painted the collar onto the torso so no extra element, and 1 is a red shocktrooper who gets a more detailed paint job than the others (the helmet on shocky there had flash in the visor area which was a pain to cut out). The new blaster is great, a nice size and is held very well; the new rifle is longer and seems a bit much, it's not held as easily due to a long stock. The gun emplacement is simple and short, somewhat disappointing. The speederbike is really lame because it's SO long, uses 3 RACERS engine blocks for details, and just doesn't really look all that good; the thing uses a round 2x2 plate for another blaster emplacement holder. And the set doesn't have 1 extra piece. All in all, it's an ok set in that it bolsters my troops and has the cool new weapon, but it's a let-down as a LEGO building set. Grade: C

The Droids Battle Pack is NOT overpriced, it's 102 pieces, has 4 battle droids, 3 super battle droids, and 2 new vehicles - makes that last BP look like a pile of puke. The box shows all 4 battle droids sporting the classic loudhailer blasters but in fact there's only 2, "oh no, what will I do with only 4,998 loudhailer blasters instead of 5,000???" :p I wish they had included the new blaster with this set as well, battle droid blasters look very similar to stormtrooper blasters, but we'll have to wait till summer for that. The Super Battle Droids are dark oily gray in color rather than the blue from the Ep 2 sets, but are still the same backless design unfortunately. The new STAP is vastly superior to previous version seen in '99, but is far from accurate and still is built around a clear cannon stand (though here you can easily change the build so it doesn't need that). The other vehicle is a armored troop transport that holds 3 SBDs and 2 BDs, and is piloted by another BD in an amored turret in the front which rotates about 15 degrees side to side and has elevating cannons near the bottom (they are still using the free-turning 2x2 turntable, I really wish they'd make one that has friction), this transport looks pretty nifty and is quite solid. You get a lot with this set, plus 4 extra pieces, 7 minifigs plus 2 vehicles is an army in a box! Grade: B+

General Grievous' Starfighter is an interesting situation, it's a nifty LEGO set but it's more like someone's MOC based loosely around seeing Grievous' Fighter briefly than the actual movie model. Grievous is the same lackluster white minifig as last time but without the cape, they should at least have given him Super Battle Droid legs instead to give him better height and shape. Grievous has 4 lightsabers with gray instead of chrome hilts, and 1 new Stormtrooper blaster (yay!) which is what his blaster looked like in the film. The vehicle is a nice enough build and comes off not wobbly or weak at all, the engines are built sideways and then attached via technic, it's like a tougher version of a Naboo fighter with a more clever design, and there's some good detailing around the front half but the cockpit area is too skinny and plain. The set has a few features, the main one being a keen slide-open cockpit, the whole middle of the fuselage slides forward and back, and locks into place; the guns tilt up and actually can tilt all the way over to hide behind the wings, semi-hidden guns are cool; and the tail is on a click-hinge which may be out of necessity, but since the tail does change orientation slightly in the movie, it has play value. The cockpit lets the figure rattle around a bit, but he is closed off from space and does fit, I was able to get an Obi-Wan figure to fit inside but it's an awkward fit with his arms all the way up in front of his face (still, I'll take it) - I'm thinking of raising the seat area up 1 stud to compensate for the rattling. If this vehicle had a bolder rear section, it'd be much more accurate, as it is it's got the right look from the rear 3/4 view and is otherwise just a nifty set to have in its own rite. I like it a lot, love the sliding canopy feature, and it has a smart and interesting build, but accurate it is not. Grade: B

DarkArtist
01-08-2007, 10:03 PM
saw the Imperial Landing Craft, both battlepacks, the Y-wing and Grievous Starfighter today at Walmart in Old Bridge NJ. was going to pick up the landing craft and the clone battlepack but passed on it for now. maybe later after some more 30th product hits the isles. i sort of bowed out on lego after AOTC but the landing craft looks awesome.

figrin bran
01-08-2007, 10:20 PM
JT, my Droids BP was glued shut...do yours show any sign of tampering?

JediTricks
01-09-2007, 10:06 PM
No sign of tampering, and this isn't just any old tape, it's LEGO's special thick, barcoded tape.

seanmcfripp
01-15-2007, 04:16 PM
Not really sure what the event was or where it took place, but looks like someone got to take a few pictures of the mid-2007 stuff:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=227381

Some of the files are named "toys_affair_2007_paris," if that's any clue.

Edit: Looks like Rebelscum posted something on this too. Who knew the Frenchies had a Toy Fair?

Jangu Fett
01-15-2007, 08:46 PM
I hope thats a prototype of Kit Fisto, his head looks like it's made from a green eraser.

I seen a close up of one of the aliens from the Mars Mission sets, not bad. A lizard/bird-like transparent green. I was thinking these were so-so, I starting to look forward to them. I don;t like the air cannon thing but I really like the predatory look of the alien ships. And that Drilling Unit is awesome.

Mandalorian Candidat
01-16-2007, 02:23 PM
I hope thats a prototype of Kit Fisto, his head looks like it's made from a green eraser.

According to the Lego rep who frequently posts on the fbtb.net boards, the KF head was not the final product. Also, it looks like whoever put together those sets did so hastily and/or sloppily. Notice that the JSF cockpit is backwards and the OB1 minifig has the wrong torso.

Slicker
01-16-2007, 03:06 PM
I finally saw all of the new sets today. Not a bad selection but nothing that really grabs my eye.

The Landing Craft, however, seems a bit over priced. Especially when compared to the Y-Wing which is $38. The Landing Craft has 7 more pieces and is $10 more.

LusiferSam
01-16-2007, 10:16 PM
The Landing Craft, however, seems a bit over priced. Especially when compared to the Y-Wing which is $38. The Landing Craft has 7 more pieces and is $10 more.

Yeah, but what's the mini-figure count? The number of mini-figures has a lot to do with the price. I'm not sure a new mini-figure is worth $2.50, but Lego must.

Slicker
01-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Yeah, but what's the mini-figure count? The number of mini-figures has a lot to do with the price. I'm not sure a new mini-figure is worth $2.50, but Lego must.This is very true. I think the Landing Craft comes with 5 total but don't they cound as pieces as well? So that means that the Y-Wing itself has more pieces than the Landing Craft.

Slicker
01-16-2007, 11:14 PM
I just got done building the AT-ST and...WOW!!!

If you have the original and were as let down by it even when that was the only thing around then you've GOTTA get this! I usually don't get pumped over a simple $20 set but it's really quite decent. It's quite large (about 8" tall when it's standing properly and about 11" with the legs fully extended) and is in quite good proportion to the mini-figs.

It came with several elements that I've never seen (I only do SW LEGO now so they're probably in other sets) and I noticed a neat thing (once again probably been around awhile) and that is that they now list all of the parts and show a picture of them on the back of the instructions. I know they used to do this for the Technic sets and the Model Team ones but I didn't know they started doing it for the system sets.

The one real selling point for me though was the badda55 AT-ST Driver!!! He looks sweet and the addition of the new blasters (I liked the old ones because they were made of existing pieces and were so generic that you had to love 'em).

The only real "faults" that I could find are, in my opinion, the eye holes are a bit small and the face is a bit long. Also they could have done a bit more in the interior with the amounts of space that are in there but what are you gonna do? Other than those minor ones it's about as good as it gets without getting the UCS one.

My over all grade: A-

BTW, I clocked in at just under 30 minutes for the build.

LusiferSam
01-17-2007, 12:44 AM
It came with several elements that I've never seen (I only do SW LEGO now so they're probably in other sets) and I noticed a neat thing (once again probably been around awhile) and that is that they now list all of the parts and show a picture of them on the back of the instructions. I know they used to do this for the Technic sets and the Model Team ones but I didn't know they started doing it for the system sets.

What types of Technic elements are you talking about? It you try and describe it, I can probably guess what your talking about. The one photo I've seen shows a gear and some Technic bricks, but those aren't all that uncommon in System sets. About the only Technic elements you won't see in a System set are the big wheels.

Slicker
01-17-2007, 12:55 AM
I didn't read my post again but I'm assuming that I worded it like it had technic elements and I meant to say that it just had new parts that I've never seen.

JediTricks
01-18-2007, 08:31 PM
I'm not surprised the head on the AT-ST looks too big, the chin is extra long and the head is too tall for the scale. The chin kinda put me off on this set, but it's the inability for the legs to be posed in any meaningful way that's really kept me from buying it.

Slicker meant that the instructions had a parts list like Technic instructions do.

BTW, I believe all sets now come with those parts lists.

jedi master sal
01-19-2007, 08:16 AM
BTW, I believe all sets now come with those parts lists.

I can confirm that the mini-fig battle pack sets do. I got both the Battle droid and clone trooper battle packs and they had the parts list on the back of the instructions.

Ji'dai
01-19-2007, 12:04 PM
All instructions should have a parts list with picture and part number. Makes it easier to order replacement parts if you have the number, though defective or missing elements are a rarity for me.

I have the AT-ST as well and it is a major improvement over the original and is probably closer in scale with the LEGO AT-AT. I thought the chin was a little too long as well, but overall, it's a nice set. This is my first experience with the new guns too. I had been using LEGO Western pistols for blasters; I think the Jango mini-fig came with that type of pistol too.

LusiferSam
01-19-2007, 05:15 PM
All instructions should have a parts list with picture and part number. Makes it easier to order replacement parts if you have the number, though defective or missing elements are a rarity for me.

Part numbers would be really useful. Having a number would be a huge help when the dog eats something she shouldn't or some other unforeseen thing happens. A black 2x4 brick or red 1x6 plate is pretty easy. But some Technic elements are impossible to describe of the photo. I know Lego has numbers for all this stuff, I've seen them.

A bit off topic after close to 20 years of Lego collecting I final bought I new set that has a missing part. I'm pretty ****ed about it, but at the same time highly impressed. 19 years worth of new sets and this is first time I've had a missing part. That's pretty good. That reminds me, I need to call Lego about this.

JediTricks
01-19-2007, 11:35 PM
i'll stash the Grievous fighter for you if i see it again.I spotted a few of the Clone BPs tonight at TRU and stashed one for you.

All instructions should have a parts list with picture and part number. Makes it easier to order replacement parts if you have the number, though defective or missing elements are a rarity for me.True dat, I've had to order a few over the years, explaining which page and which step and what it looks like is a real pain, and one time they sent me the reciprocal part instead which meant they had to send me yet another part.

I recently ordered a replacement part by number and explanation, but have not gotten a response.

General Grievous' Starfighter has a parts list in the instructions. I think last year's sets had them too, but can't be sure.

I have the AT-ST as well and it is a major improvement over the original and is probably closer in scale with the LEGO AT-AT. I thought the chin was a little too long as well, but overall, it's a nice set. This is my first experience with the new guns too. I had been using LEGO Western pistols for blasters; I think the Jango mini-fig came with that type of pistol too.Well, I'll pick it up eventually.

Yeah, Jango had those western pistols, I shaved off the hammers and sights on them to look more like his guns.

Part numbers would be really useful. Having a number would be a huge help when the dog eats something she shouldn't or some other unforeseen thing happens. A black 2x4 brick or red 1x6 plate is pretty easy. But some Technic elements are impossible to describe of the photo. I know Lego has numbers for all this stuff, I've seen them.Technic is exactly where I ran into trouble where they sent me the wrong part, I called in to request the replacement, I explained to the woman which part and why it couldn't work, she understood but since the part looks nearly identical to a part that goes with it they shipped me out that piece instead. I remember now, it was the click hinge half-axle-receiver on the Wookiee Attack set's wookiee flyer.

A bit off topic after close to 20 years of Lego collecting I final bought I new set that has a missing part. I'm pretty ****ed about it, but at the same time highly impressed. 19 years worth of new sets and this is first time I've had a missing part. That's pretty good. That reminds me, I need to call Lego about this.I've only had a few sets ever with that problem in the 25+ years I've been LEGOing, though I've had a lot of sets where I *thought* it happened because I wasn't seeing it or misunderstood a step in the instructions (usually the fault of a black piece being hard to see in the printing, they need to find a way to deal with this). Which set of yours was missing a piece?

I remember the first set I got a defective piece on, the Imperial Shuttle, one of the pegs on the inside a 1x6 brick that made up the cockpit was not cut off at the right length and stuck out past there a half inch, I had to snap it off to continue.

LusiferSam
01-20-2007, 12:25 AM
Which set of yours was missing a piece?
The Batcave. It was missing that black hose piece that forms the railing of the computer island.

I remember the first set I got a defective piece on, the Imperial Shuttle, one of the pegs on the inside a 1x6 brick that made up the cockpit was not cut off at the right length and stuck out past there a half inch, I had to snap it off to continue.
That was crazy. I remember your photos of that. I've found a couple of odd ball bricks. A melted plate, a flame colored plate and some random junk. Pictures can be viewed here (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=106898), for interested.

figrin bran
01-20-2007, 01:43 AM
I spotted a few of the Clone BPs tonight at TRU and stashed one for you.

thank you so much JT! the stash is greatly appreciated and i'll go get it first thing in the morning! :thumbsup:

quite a number of 06 sets had the parts lists in the back...TIE Interceptor, Slave 1.

i was missing a piece in that aforementioned Slave 1. i don't remember exactly which piece but it was in the hidden missiles at the tail section. i was still able to finish constructing the set nonetheless and didn't feel it to be a great loss to not have complete rockets.

JediTricks
01-20-2007, 05:59 PM
The Batcave. It was missing that black hose piece that forms the railing of the computer island.Ah, good, no way you're going to miss that (unless there's another hose piece and the instructions meant for you to cut that hose into multiple pieces, I hate when they do that with the hoses) so just explain it and they should get it out to you no trouble.

That was crazy. I remember your photos of that. I've found a couple of odd ball bricks. A melted plate, a flame colored plate and some random junk. Pictures can be viewed here (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=106898), for interested.I don't even remember my photos of that, dang! :p I don't know where those photos are at all and I broke the part so no way to recreate it.

That plate with the extra melted flash, that's super wild, I've never seen anything that bad before from them! Looks like the mold cavity wasn't totally sealed when they injected the plastic - there's no way it melted with another piece in the car though, the plastic wouldn't melt like that under 400 degrees.

The gray 1x6 plate is interesting, basically what happened is the dye got so jetted during the injection process that it didn't circulate all the way through the material, this is especially unusual for LEGO. Alternately, it's possible the gray on the left end is accurate and they unintentionally started to inject a second round of dye before it solidified then shut it down when they realized the mistake. The plate color is probably accurate at one end or the other, it's hard to tell in the photo which is the accurate gray (it's definitely supposed to be a regular gray plate).

Mandalorian Candidat
02-05-2007, 09:39 AM
I've found a couple of odd ball bricks. A melted plate, a flame colored plate and some random junk. Pictures can be viewed here (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=106898), for interested.

Just curious what the "problem" is with your JSB on that page. It looks like some of the flip-up window panels are colored different but I can't tell for sure.

I noticed on mine and yours that some of them are cut differently around the clip part, like there are notches on the outsides of the panels near the clips while others are cut evenly across.

Ji'dai
02-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Some (new?) pics of the 7662 MTT:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2299286

and 7664 TIE Crawler:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2299287

LusiferSam
02-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Just curious what the "problem" is with your JSB on that page. It looks like some of the flip-up window panels are colored different but I can't tell for sure.

Yes, that is correct. I should update that read me file (and make .txt rather than .rft). There are two different colors of brown in the panels. I find it completely unacceptable for Lego. This is a company which for years has strove for perfection, and now this bs.

I noticed on mine and yours that some of them are cut differently around the clip part, like there are notches on the outsides of the panels near the clips while others are cut evenly across.

Now that you mention it, I see it too. The richer colored panels all don't have that little cut out on the outside. Where as the duller colored ones do. Again completely unacceptable.

Slicker
02-05-2007, 12:59 PM
The MTT looks great but WTF is a TIE Crawler. Looks ghey if you ask me.

Ji'dai
02-06-2007, 12:44 PM
I think the TIE Crawler first appeared in DH's Dark Empire, EU storyline that takes place after ROTJ. I agree though, a TIE tank doesn't excite me either.

Jangu Fett
02-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Sorry Ji'Dai didn't see you posted the pics, before staring a new thread. Anyway I'm pleased to be seeing any new ships from SWEU being made, I'd really like to see the Clone Tank From the Clone Wars / Battlefront game or the Juaggernaught Tank from the Clone Wars.

Slicker
02-06-2007, 01:50 PM
I'd really like to see the Clone Tank From the Clone Wars / Battlefront game or the Juaggernaught Tank from the Clone Wars.I'm sure we're talking about different things but they did make the Juggernaut Tank in LEGO form. It was the Clone Turbo Tank.

Jangu Fett
02-06-2007, 02:58 PM
No, I mixed them up it was Cydon Praxs Tank the Dreadnaught. Not the Juaggernaught. Here's a pic - http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/0/03/Dreadnought.JPG

JediTricks
02-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Some (new?) pics of the 7662 MTT:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2299286

and 7664 TIE Crawler:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2299287Neither are working now.

Ji'dai
02-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Looks like the pics (from a European toy fair) were pulled.

JediTricks
02-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Well, in 2 days the sets hopefully will shown at New York Toy Fair and we can see them in all their glory. Steve's running the SSG coverage live from the floor too, so hopefully we can see the work and say "get more shots of ____"

Battle Droid
02-11-2007, 12:37 PM
New Sith Infiltrator, it's pretty lame looking...

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2310736

Slicker
02-11-2007, 01:23 PM
New Sith Infiltrator, it's pretty lame looking...

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2310736I'm not a fan either. They tried to go to over the top. If I'm not mistaken, did the original look quite well? It's been 7 years so I can't remember.

JediTricks
02-11-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm not a fan either. They tried to go to over the top. If I'm not mistaken, did the original look quite well? It's been 7 years so I can't remember.
Remember how surprised you were that the original AT-ST was so bad? http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=7151_1&v=z
http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B00002SSUC.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_.gif
http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B00002SSUC.01.DTLS._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_.gif
It's even uglier in person. And this piece of crap was $30 and only 243 pieces!

Anyway, this new entry looks... how shall I put it? Wrong. I can see they're trying to make up for the overly-blocky first version, but the details here are all wrong, and dependent on some big specialty pieces. Plus, and this is really key, the nose is way too fat while the cockpit is too small. It's an ok idea, but unless it has nifty play features I don't see it working out.

Slicker
02-11-2007, 04:05 PM
You win once again, JT. That original looks like it was put together with Duplos!

JediTricks
02-13-2007, 03:28 PM
HAW! It kinda does, all overly-blocky and goofy like Duplo. Time seems to put rose-colored glasses on these sets, eh?

'07 pricing has been announced... http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=36&p2_articleid=616
7661 Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive™ Booster Ring ($49.99), featuring flick-fire action and the first-ever Kit Fisto™ minifigure.

7662 MTT™ ($99.99), loaded with 16 Battle Droids, 2 red security Battle Droids, 2 blue pilot Battle Droids and a Destroyer Droid, plus hidden carrier vehicle and authentic functionality.

7600 Naboo N-1 Starfighter™ with Vulture Droid™ ($29.99).
That Jedi Starfighter price, I am hoping that's a mistake because $50 is way way too high for that thing from the looks of it. The original version of the vehicle sold for $20 and came with a Vulture Droid build, that hyperdrive ring doesn't look like it's big enough to claim it's nearly 400 pieces.

The MTT I feared would be that high, 20 battle droids plus a big vehicle build commands a big price.

Naboo Starfighter hopefully will be enough of a piece count and have features to justify that price, it's a little higher than I was hoping.

Kidhuman
02-13-2007, 08:12 PM
I think i will have to pay that price for the MTT. It looks worth it and is loaded with mini-figs. I dont want to buy the JSF for that price either. The NAboo....maybe.

Battle Droid
02-14-2007, 01:47 PM
I payed that much for the AT-AT, I guess I'll pay that much for the MTT.

bobafrett
02-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Remember how surprised you were that the original AT-ST was so bad? http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=7151_1&v=z
http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B00002SSUC.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_.gif
http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B00002SSUC.01.DTLS._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_.gif
It's even uglier in person. And this piece of crap was $30 and only 243 pieces!

Anyway, this new entry looks... how shall I put it? Wrong. I can see they're trying to make up for the overly-blocky first version, but the details here are all wrong, and dependent on some big specialty pieces. Plus, and this is really key, the nose is way too fat while the cockpit is too small. It's an ok idea, but unless it has nifty play features I don't see it working out.

I didn't buy it the first time, and I won't buy it this next time.

figrin bran
02-15-2007, 02:52 AM
$49.99 for the JSF??? that's the same price as Slave 1 and the ILC and assuming the fighter itself is the same size as the ROTS anakin JSF, i can't see the ring being large enough to ramp up the price like that.

i'll probably still get it but not until it goes on sale.

wow, i've forgotten about that sith infiltrator! the mini version which i own isn't much better.

Slicker
02-15-2007, 07:13 AM
I saw somewhere that the part count for the JSF is nearly 600 (I wanna say 571) so that would be about on par for cost...unfortunately.

JediTricks
02-16-2007, 11:04 PM
$49.99 for the JSF??? that's the same price as Slave 1 and the ILC and assuming the fighter itself is the same size as the ROTS anakin JSF, i can't see the ring being large enough to ramp up the price like that.

i'll probably still get it but not until it goes on sale. The JSF looks identical to the previous version, and it came in a set with a Vulture Droid for $20, so the ring's the pricetag.

wow, i've forgotten about that sith infiltrator! the mini version which i own isn't much better.Yeah, LEGO just doesn't have the parts to build it, I guess. Actually, they really could have done the nose out of wing parts and kept it simple, devoting more efforts to the cockpit and wings.

I saw somewhere that the part count for the JSF is nearly 600 (I wanna say 571) so that would be about on par for cost...unfortunately.Something LEGO's starting to pull too much is what I'm suspecting with this JSF, they're including a lot of small plates to boost the piece-count and justify the pricetag, the ring on this set doesn't even look that detailed though so they'd have to basically shove little plates everywhere. :p

Jangu Fett
02-21-2007, 04:43 PM
The last 2 SW lego sets of the year have been (supposedly) confirmed. JT Can you see if this it true?

7665 Republic Cruiser
7666 Hoth Rebel Base

JediTricks
02-21-2007, 06:40 PM
They don't appear to be summer sets, but if they're exclusives then it wouldn't be in retail listings. I'll check with LEGO but don't expect a response.

Slicker
02-21-2007, 08:13 PM
I thought I read somewhere that LEGO had said the Hoth Base was a negatory.

DarkArtist
02-21-2007, 08:57 PM
I would love to see an Imp Crusier released. that would look awesome hanging alongside an Imp Star Destroyer and the Death Star.

LusiferSam
02-21-2007, 09:35 PM
*deleted by LusiferSam*

Jangu Fett
02-21-2007, 10:43 PM
edited out - JT:yes: Thanks for the attack. :thumbsup:

LusiferSam
02-22-2007, 12:03 PM
:yes: Thanks for the attack. :thumbsup:

Your welcome. :laugh:

The tone of my last post was overly harsh and uncalled for. But my point was people keep asking the same question over and over (yes, that does get on my nerves) and a few of us keep giving the same answer over and over (which gets on my nerves even more). It feels like we are not being listened to (or read in this case). Until I hear other wise from a legitimate source (i.e. Lego) I'm going to write these sets off as rumors.

JediTricks
02-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Alright, let's get back to being civil about this, we can discuss the situation without getting all negative and making this about the personalities here, it's uncalled for.

Jangu Fett
02-22-2007, 10:36 PM
It's all good.:D

After looking at EB forums, the person who named the sets has only 7 posts. So that may not be reliable. But some of the admins have said a Hoth set has been unoffically confirmed.

They also had a link to some foreign company that lists all the new lego sets, with prices. 7665 and 7666 are also listed. Although the site had set 7665 listed as "cruiser" and set 7666 as "account exclusive" I believe the site was based in South Africa. And the prices were roughly $100 for set 7665 and $50 for 7666.

figrin bran
03-14-2007, 12:01 PM
It appears that Lego is going the "Galactic Hunt" route and randomly inserting 10,000 gold metallized C3PO's into their SW product

http://www.collectinghq.com/im/0008903.jpg

DarkArtist
03-14-2007, 01:25 PM
It appears that Lego is going the "Galactic Hunt" route and randomly inserting 10,000 gold metallized C3PO's into their SW product

http://www.collectinghq.com/im/0008903.jpg

What sets are going to Include him in the TAC series ? Or is he going to be just randomly packed in every set ?

Jangu Fett
03-14-2007, 01:39 PM
From what I heard it will be packaged in with any of the JSF with Hyperdrive Ring, MTT, Naboo Fighter and I think the Sith Infiltrator.

JediTricks
03-15-2007, 04:25 PM
We reported on this back during Toy Fair last month: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=36&p2_articleid=616

LusiferSam
03-15-2007, 08:57 PM
I got an e-mail from S@H this morning for their spring catalog updates. One items that caught my eye was the Café Corner (http://shop.lego.com/ByCategory/Product.aspx?p=10182&cn=233&d=263). I've looked back through the thread, but couldn't find any previous pictures or discussion of this set. If someone could correct me, please do. I'm not too into Town sets, but this one looks pretty good. The mini-figure count is too low, but I love the way the set looks.

Ji'dai
03-18-2007, 04:15 PM
What sets are going to Include him in the TAC series ? Or is he going to be just randomly packed in every set ? The back page of the recent LEGO Magazine says the Gold 3PO will be randomly inserted in the 2007 Star Wars sets. Excluded sets include 7654 and 7655 - the Battle Droid and Clone Trooper battle packs.

I got an e-mail from S@H this morning for their spring catalog updates. One items that caught my eye was the Café Corner (http://shop.lego.com/ByCategory/Product.aspx?p=10182&cn=233&d=263). I've looked back through the thread, but couldn't find any previous pictures or discussion of this set. If someone could correct me, please do. I'm not too into Town sets, but this one looks pretty good. The mini-figure count is too low, but I love the way the set looks. Wow, that is awesome. Expensive too, but I simply must have it. I wonder if it has instructions for alternate buildings. It's modular, four sets can attach together to form a city block, but I'd want something different if I put four sets together.

LEGO put a 10-set per order limit on it too. Must have a lot of buyers wanting to make a quick buck by listing a new exclusive set on eBay.

figrin bran
03-25-2007, 02:02 AM
i know this probably doesn't belong in this thread but i figure that it would be the one thread that most of us into Legoes would be keeping up with

my local Target put all the Slave 1's on clearance for $34.98. if you haven't this wonderful set yet, you might want to check out your local Target.

Ji'dai
06-29-2007, 11:33 PM
Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Ring from ROTS is available from LEGO Shop@Home. Costs $50 and includes the first Kit Fisto mini-fig: http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=7661

Episode I's MTT and Naboo Starfighter (http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Leaf.aspx?cn=475&d=322) are up too, but for pre-order. The MTT is due to ship July 6.

JediTricks
07-03-2007, 03:15 AM
If S@H still didn't charge shipping, that would have been a sale, but their switch to higher shipping rates instead of prices being 10% higher killed it for me.

Ji'dai
07-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Yeah, I know. I only order stuff I can't get in stores. The MTT & Naboo Starfighter are listed in stock now.

figrin bran
07-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Target has the B and V Wing sets on clearance. The B-Wings were around $25 and the V-Wings were around $7

Ji'dai
09-25-2007, 12:52 PM
LEGO Shop@Home has the new AT-AT (http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=10178&cn=416) listed in stock and available for order. This version is battery-operated (6 AA) and features motorized walking (shuffling?) in both forward and reverse, as well as a head that moves sideways and up and down.

The snow walker is priced at $130 and sports a little over 1,100 pieces. It also includes four mini-figs: Luke with grappling hook, AT-AT Driver, General Veers, and a Snowtrooper.

I can't remember the dimensions of the 4483 (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4483), but this one looks pretty similar in design. This new version is over 12" tall and 14" long. I'd like to see them side by side for comparison.

S@H also has SW backpack danglers and "connect & build" pens (http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Leaf.aspx?cn=472&d=322), so check them out if you're interested in that sort of thing.

LusiferSam
09-25-2007, 05:21 PM
S@H also has 7665 (http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=7665) and 7666 (http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=7666) now listed.

LusiferSam
09-27-2007, 05:11 PM
I can't remember the dimensions of the 4483 (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4483), but this one looks pretty similar in design. This new version is over 12" tall and 14" long. I'd like to see them side by side for comparison.

Just eye balling the two they look to be about the same size, but with 4483 being a bit taller. 10178 might be a bit shorter in the main body, but the length and width look to be about the same. The heads are of a of a completely different design, so I can't really compare them. The legs look to be about the same height, Luke hangs at about the knees on both (assuming the same core length). I can't wait to see how this thing walks. It might be pretty cool. But this only about a 100 piece difference there's that a lot of room for the Techinc elements needed to do this well.

Ji'dai
10-02-2007, 02:06 PM
JT posted a news item (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=15&p2_articleid=1107) with a link to a video of the AT-AT in motion. It reminds me of a retarded dog. Looked like it might topple over there at times. Still, it was more than I was expecting.

JediTricks
10-04-2007, 10:03 PM
To be honest, it was hard to watch and hard to post, but it was newsworthy. I feel bad for it, it seems sickly. But I think as a kid, I probably would have been way into it, if for no other reason because the knees actually move as it walks.

Vi Cit Tecum
10-12-2007, 10:30 AM
The Tie crawler is out at target.

Ji'dai
10-23-2007, 11:03 AM
I haven't seen the TIE Crawler at retail yet. LEGO Shop@Home (http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=7664) has it in stock and available for order though. Costs $50 and comes with 2 Shadow Stormtroopers.

JediTricks
10-23-2007, 07:13 PM
All the Target stores by me have 'em, they're on an endcap with 2 other large LEGO sets that are not SW. The set looks pretty cool, and if it were $35 I would have probably gone for it (the treads and hidden fold-out weapons do it for me) but I just don't have $50 to drop on it.

Ji'dai
11-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Is the TIE Crawler a Target exclusive? I don't have a Target and have yet to see it gracing shelves at WM, KM, or TRU. Has anyone spotted this set at any other retailers?

Jangu Fett
11-16-2007, 11:04 PM
Yeah, the TIE Crawler is a Target exclusive. The Hoth Rebel Base is a TRU, and Sith Infiltrator is a WM exclusive. I'm undesided about the Crawler. I have yet to see the new Infiltrator in stores. It looks good, IMO, from the photos I've seen.

JediTricks
11-18-2007, 04:57 AM
I want the crawler, I think it looks good, but not gonna happen at $50.

TRU has another exclusive, the system Ep 1 Republic Cruiser.

I've seen the Infiltrator in a few stores, uses too many large curve pieces, doesn't really look either LEGO or Infiltratory, but looks a little fun.

Ji'dai
11-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Finally got to see the Crawler in person Saturday but didn't feel like spending $50 for it. I can always order it from S@H if I change my mind.

Still, it's good to see LEGO doing EU stuff rather than revisiting the same movie ships over and over.

JediTricks
11-20-2007, 06:22 PM
$50 for the Sandcrawler? Wasn't that set like $130?

LusiferSam
11-21-2007, 01:52 AM
$50 for the Sandcrawler? Wasn't that set like $130?

I'm pretty sure Ji'dai is talking about the TIE Crawler, which is $50, not the Sandcrawler.

JediTricks
11-21-2007, 04:57 AM
Wow, how did I make that leap to "Sand"? I saw the word in there, no question at all that it was there. Of course, at the time, I was out and about, posting from the laptop while trying to write some code.

Bosskman
11-21-2007, 05:48 AM
Up here in Canada, the TIE Crawler was seen by me at Zellers in Saint John, NB.

Ji'dai
11-21-2007, 07:20 PM
Yeah, I was referring to seeing the TIE Crawler in person.

---

On another note, the same Targets I visited that had the TIE also had shelf tags for the Dwarves Mine, but they were sold out. I probably would've bought that one if they had it in stock.