PDA

View Full Version : I just met a cute girl while shopping for Star Wars figures

Tycho
09-14-2006, 11:58 AM
Go figure. I'm outside Target, wearing nothing but sweat shorts and a white undershirt and flip-flops - convenient to put on when I just roll out of bed to check the store in the morning. I haven't shaved yet. And I'm short on patience, as I want breakfast, but have to beat the scalpers / hoarders / Hot Wheels guys first. (as it turns out there were no Star Wars figures I was looking for - Naboo Wave - but they'd restocked Endor and Tatooine. They also had the Cannibal Chief POTC figure, along with the rest of the new wave of those that I'd heard folks around here clamoring for, but I don't buy any of those).

Anyway, I was the first one outside the front doors as I saw some of the Hot Wheels guys I like, and one I definitely don't get along with anymore, pull up. As I wait by the door, a girl comes up and starts conversation with me. I'd say that she's around 21 years old or so, nice small and tight body, middle-length, dark blonde hair, pretty cute.

I have no expectations, so I didn't care if I told her I was there to buy Star Wars figures before those other guys did.

When the doors open, I said my good-byes to her and told her I had to run upstairs with the rest of the gang there (about 5 of the regulars or so) else I might miss out. Obviously I found no new toys, as I already stated what they stocked.

So I was headed back downstairs when I saw her in the book section and I went back and said hello again. She then asked me to stay with her while she shopped and tried on bikinis.

She was here in San Diego from Arizona to watch her brother graduate from Marine Corps boot camp.

She says she comes to San Diego for vacation twice a year anyway.

She's out here for a week (until next Sunday) as it stands.

I'm up front about my health, and get this: She's donated one of her kidneys to a different brother of hers who needed a transplant!

She reads novels voraciously.

Not to her credit, she smokes.

She loves Queensryche (my concert is next month) and her father is personal friends with the lead singer (Geoff Tate) and a fan as well.

You'd never suspect this: but she works as a prison guard in a men's maximum security facility in Arizona! She's trained and qualified on multiple firearms. (She's a soft-spoken, smart, and courteous young lady - hard to picture her with a nightstick - though she says she uses a taser!)

Anyway, I invited her to breakfast and gave her my phone number. I sure hope I hear from her again.

What an interesting morning!

Though I didn't find any new action figures, this will go down as one of my most memorable Star Wars figure shopping experiences.

Slicker
09-14-2006, 01:24 PM
She then asked me to stay with her while she shopped and tried on bikinis.

Uh, huh. Sure. I believe you.:yes:&

Kidhuman
09-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Hey Tycho, I saw that movie too last night.&

maatu
09-14-2006, 03:29 PM
wow, tell her to come over to where you live and tell her to be tough on you. so she can say spread them legs tycho. i need to give you a body cavity search. iam searching for missing starwars figures.sorry i am in a gloomie mood.

pbarnard
09-14-2006, 03:32 PM
Chase her aound the store like Grandpa in Grumpy/Grumpier Old Men.

Don't stop till you're arrested, handcuffed, or get her number.:whip:

Tycho
09-14-2006, 04:03 PM
She then asked me to stay with her while she shopped and tried on bikinis

Uh, huh. Sure. I believe you.:yes:&

That means I held her other stuff and waited outside the ladies' dressing room, not whatever you're thinking Slicker. Though that's a nice fantasy.

Chase her aound the store like Grandpa in Grumpy/Grumpier Old Men.

I'm not even old enough to be daddy, let alone grandpa. But I can do a good voice immitation.

2-1B
09-14-2006, 06:47 PM
Awesome story Tycho, every tall tales book should have one.

Blue2th
09-14-2006, 08:20 PM
Careful, she could be a Daywalker :ninja:

maatu
09-14-2006, 08:34 PM
hey ask her over ,maybe you can lose her underwear in your couch.

Kidhuman
09-14-2006, 09:09 PM
hey ask her over ,maybe you can lose her underwear in your couch.

Oh, he got you good, burn!!&

Tycho
09-14-2006, 09:40 PM
Oh, he got you good, burn!!&

I don't see how. He was suggesting I have her over. Duh! I'd have sure liked to have done that. There's still a chance at it happening, but it wasn't THIS morning. So who knows? She might contact me before she goes home to Arizona Sunday night.

EDIT: Oh - I remember now! I lost my own underwear in my couch before when a different girl I was dating came over - but I was hiding my fresh-out-of-the-dryer clean underwear I hadn't had time to fold up and put away - not the underwear I was currently wearing.

But Yeah: my couch actually does eat underwear.

timmae
09-14-2006, 09:47 PM
i believe you too...forest. maybee if you go back there next year at the same time, you can talk to her again.:thumbsup:

pbarnard
09-14-2006, 09:49 PM
I don't see how. He was suggesting I have her over. Duh! I'd have sure liked to have done that. There's still a chance at it happening, but it wasn't THIS morning. So who knows? She might contact me before she goes home to Arizona Sunday night.

EDIT: Oh - I remember now! I lost my own underwear in my couch before when a different girl I was dating came over - but I was hiding my fresh-out-of-the-dryer clean underwear I hadn't had time to fold up and put away - not the underwear I was currently wearing.

But Yeah: my couch actually does eat underwear.

Are you sure it wasn't South Park's Tweak's Underpants Gnomes?

JetsAndHeels
09-14-2006, 09:56 PM
You know, this is quite the coincidence Mr. Tycho. Here is the story of who I met today while at the card shop.

I'm standing there wearing nothing but my wife beater, sweat shorts and flip flops. I haven't shaved all week. I'm short on patience, because I want lunch. Granted I had just eaten my second breakfast, but lunch was getting close but I wanted to beat the card dealers and such first.

Anyway, as I am going through some boxes of cards, a girl comes up and starts a conversation with me. I'd say she's around 21 or so, nice plump body, middle-length, dark blonde hair, pretty cute.

I have no expectations, for either her or the chance of me finding any good cards.

She sees something she is interested in on the other side of the shop, so I said my goodbyes and she went on her way. It was better that way, else I miss out on any good cards.

So after I am done looking I head over to where she is looking and I went back to say hello again. She then asked me to accompany her to the local Family Dollar to try on maternity dresses.

She was here in NC from West Virginia to watch her brother graduate from the Barbizon School of modeling.

She says she comes to NC for vacation twice a year anyway.

She reads novels voraciously. I do too. I just don't tend to do it in the voracious manner she does. Im just not a voracious guy. My style doesn't follow voracious trends.

You'd never expect this, but she works as a prison guard on the show "Prison Break"!! She's trained and qualified on multiple firearms.(She's a soft-spoken, smart, and courteous young lady-hard to picture her with a nightstick-but definately with a chicken drumstick!)

Anyway, I invited her to lunch and gave her my phone number. I doubt I will hear from her again...she already got a free meal out of me.

What an interesting day!!

Though I didn't find any new cards, this will go down as one of my most memorable card shopping experiences.

Tycho
09-14-2006, 10:07 PM
OK, J&H, I was actually laughing - and I'll check my place for underwear gnomes.

My true story is as it's been accounted here. I think some individuals have their hard time believing it because they don't ever talk to attractive girls (or are retired below the waist due to being married) and spend a large part of their time discussing certain alternatives I always get in trouble for being prejudiced against.

Since my health has been failing for over a year now, I've been concerned that I'm not the super-studly-awesomely-cool-attractive-spirited-ingenious-God's gift to women- that I have been in the past. I may not be any longer, but I may not have faded out as fast as I once feared either.

JetsAndHeels
09-14-2006, 10:09 PM
OK, J&H, I was actually laughing - and I'll check my place for underwear gnomes.

My true story is as it's been accounted here. I think some individuals have their hard time believing it because they don't ever talk to attractive girls (or are retired below the waist due to being married) and spend a large part of their time discussing certain alternatives I always get in trouble for being prejudiced against.

Its all good. My post was in fun.
I have a knack for being a sarcastic, smart-a$$ed SOB. I have embraced my destiny.

El Chuxter
09-14-2006, 10:30 PM
I met a skanky woman at Target today in the SW aisle. She had hairy warts, and looked like she must've been 180 if a day. She smelled of armpits, and she was wearing a tube top that barely covered the breasts that sagged to her hairy, vericose knees. She saw me looking at the SW figures and said, "Yeah, mah boy collects Star War stuff, too. A handsome boy, takes after his father, though Ah ain't raghtly sure which of the marathon gangbang was his father." And then she showed me a picture of Slicker!

2-1B
09-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Tycho, my disbelief comes from the fact that whenever I read your posts, I see/hear the voice of Sean Hayes...so your stories are very comical to me in that voice. lol

JetsAndHeels
09-14-2006, 10:48 PM
Tycho, my disbelief comes from the fact that whenever I read your posts, I see/hear the voice of Sean Hayes...so your stories are very comical to me in that voice. lol

Madden is sexy.

JimJamBonds
09-14-2006, 11:20 PM
Last summer Caesar, myself and another friend were at a Walgreen's to pick up some soda etc. to bring with us before we went to the theater. Anywho there was pretty lass there that had a SW tshirt on, I think we said hello to her but we didn't get anywhere else conversation wise...

and yes Caesar that was the time I bought sherbert and snuck it into the theater.

Tycho
09-15-2006, 12:39 AM

Who is Sean Hayes?

JEDIpartner
09-15-2006, 08:33 AM

:eek:

Kidhuman
09-15-2006, 08:34 AM
Who is Sean Hayes?

he is from will and grace (http://imdb.com/name/nm0005003/)

Blue2th
09-15-2006, 12:44 PM
Sean Hayes is a False Gay! :ninja:

bobafrett
09-15-2006, 12:54 PM
J&H your story almost made me wet my pants!

Tycho was just jealous of my romp from http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=497455#post497455 this thread. So he goes up to a cute girl and stalks her around a Target until she called the Target security guard, which he was able to outrun! He actually mistakinly left her a number of a local pizzeria.

Tycho
09-15-2006, 01:32 PM
No wonder I didn't know who Sean Hayes was....:rolleyes:

JetsAndHeels
09-15-2006, 01:55 PM
J&H your story almost made me wet my pants!

Was it that good?? I swear man it really did happen.
:D

CaptainSolo1138
09-15-2006, 02:38 PM
I guess I fail to understand why meeting a girl is worthy of starting a thread.

Tycho
09-15-2006, 02:59 PM

First, I spend countless hours trying to meet girls, usually when I'm dressed nicely, and attending social venues or going about normal business.

Second, when I do toy hunt (rarer occasions until recently), I don't generally see anyone but the usual Hot Wheels guys who haunt the front of my stores every morning about 10-15 minutes before they open. It is rare to see women almost any time at that hour, and very rare to see a young attractive one who I'd even consider a long association with.

Third, it is downright incredible that I had so much in common with this girl, as both someone who likes to read, loves my favorite rock band, appreciates guns, AND has been involved with a kidney transplant. The last thing is foremost on my mind because if I don't have a transplant, I WILL die - they say in 4 years, but I really think it's more like 2. I have no plans or desire to start or continue living on dialysis.

I live for 3 things: girls, Star Wars, and politics.

I wanted 4 things: girls, more Star Wars, a big, friggin' house to display all the Star Wars dioramas I could build (about 20 6-foot long displays, plus smaller ones and ships hanging from the ceilings), and a political career because I'd be a natural at telling people how they ought to live their lives! (I have the uncanny ability to see through hypocrisy and False-Everythings).

In any case, dialysis involved 4 hours, 3 days a week, of all the blood being drained out of your body, cleaned, and put back into your body. People typically are very cold, become very skinny and weakened, plus have to have "plug-n-play" attachments surgically installed in their arms (called fistulas) that all combine to make them less attractive.

Since I already told you what's important to me, and I would definitely no longer attract the kinds of women I like, and I'd lack the time and health to engineer becoming World Dictator, that would leave me with enough life only to covet my Star Wars collection - and who knows if I'd be able to cover the property I really want to reside in, until I am able to sell some real estate?

Then I estimate that getting all the glass cases and so forth, especially in the custom sizes I'll need for Geonosis and the like, could cost me upwards of $5,000 easily.

So: I conclude that we all die. If I go sooner than later with little left to live for, I'm not missing out on much and I've already lived a great life for someone so young - predominatly because my parents died so young and I've had the money to do a lot of things.

I ask for no sympathy, not even acceptance - just tolerance. That's the way I am.

[EDIT: btw - if I have a successful transplant, I'll live for 25 years or more and have to really re-evaluate all this and my plans for the future, my career, etc. - though my interests won't really change. The transplant does seem likely. I'm not that easy to get rid of.]

JEDIpartner
09-15-2006, 03:56 PM

'Cos they usually flee in terror? :cross-eye

;)

2-1B
09-15-2006, 05:47 PM
JimJam - that girl's shirt said "The Force is Strong With This One" and I did tell her how cool her shirt was...then she fled. :D

Tycho - I was not accusing you of being True or False Gay, that's why I specifically said the actor's name and not his popular character. Whenever I see your pics I am reminded of that guy, that's all. :)

Tycho
09-15-2006, 06:05 PM
I don't know what celebrity I might look like, but I don't see the resemblance to that Sean Hayes guy.

Meanwhile, you might meet me in person if we all can get together and hang out at Celebration 4. There might be some scheduling conflicts that prevent me from attending, but I'm not expecting them. Obviously, my medical appointments are of extreme priority, but May '07 is a long way off from now. While I doubt I have a transplant this year (it is possible), if it's in January and it goes well, I'll be finalized with my recovery by April or so, and that convention isn't until the end of May.

I don't care who thinks I'm False-Anything (well, I don't want to be accused of being a False-Democrat), as long as the girl I like at the moment thinks I'm just fine for what she needs (and what I need).

But as far as talking to a girl wearing a Star Wars shirt? You guys actually balked on that. The opening lines are so easy:

Are those Ewok puppies in your shirt or are you happy to see me?

You must be an Angel. They live on the moons of Iago I think.

You like me because I'm a scoundrel, don't you? There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.

Do you think a Princess and a guy like me?

What have we here? You truly belong here with us amongst the clouds.

Do you want to meet my Wookiee?

and so on....

CaptainSolo1138
09-15-2006, 06:12 PM
Or acted like a sane person and said something like, I don't know, "Hello"?

El Chuxter
09-15-2006, 06:21 PM
I had a slightly deranged cashier hit on me one time at a store because I was wearing a Star Wars shirt. She was going on about her collection and how I should come to her house and see it, yadda yadda. She was actually quite attractive, and were I single, I would've definitely have taken her up on her offer. But I was there with my girlfriend (now my wife), and we're clearly not related (I'm white as snow and she's Asian) so it was really, really weird. (I couldn't help but think, "Dammit, why have girls like you never acted like this about my more geeky traits until after I've already got a girlfriend?)

2-1B
09-15-2006, 06:23 PM
Sorry Caps, your approach is too balk-y. lol

as long as the girl I like at the moment thinks I'm just fine for what she needs

what if she thinks you're false-fine ? :)

Slicker
09-15-2006, 06:29 PM
what if she thinks you're false-fine ? :)Thanks, Cae. I need a damn good laugh.

Tycho
09-15-2006, 06:50 PM
what if she thinks you're false-fine ? :)

I bet that most ladies do. Got any suggestions?

2-1B
09-15-2006, 07:37 PM
I bet that most ladies do. Got any suggestions?

Yeah, I do. You balked on those chances.

CaptainSolo1138
09-15-2006, 10:35 PM
(I couldn't help but think, "Dammit, why have girls like you never acted like this about my more geeky traits until after I've already got a girlfriend?)It's a universal truth, so don't dwell on it. She probably loved cutting grass and serving mozzarella sticks and cold beer nude, too. Further, I assure you she could beat you at every video game ever made for every system. Also, she was rich and hated spending the money on herself.