PDA

View Full Version : AOTC toys question...NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

Princess_Leila
01-29-2002, 02:15 PM
Okay, first of all, I should say that I absolutely hate spoilers. They absolutely ruined my TPM experience. So please only answer my questions with general info. I know next to nothing about Episode 2. I only saw the trailers A and C ONCE each, and I forgot most of what I saw. So please bear that in mind and don't ruin it for me, okay?

I'm asking this question because I'm kinda worried about the quality of the AOTC toys. The only photo I have seen so far is OB1 with that flying thing. I find the detail on this figure to be amazing, even if the pose seems a bit extreme, which I don't mind too much, since the detail is stupendous. Note that I don't intend to see any of the figures before seeing the movie, and I'm not even interested in knowing their names (it's a spoiler for me ! Sorry!), yet I have some questions that I hope some of you nice guys could answer me, with NO SPOILERS PLEASE! :)

Here it goes...

1) Are the figures THAT bad? I mean, is it only the poses that are too extreme, or are the figures less detailed than what we had for the POTJ line?

2) Is it true that the articulation is lesser than what we have been offerred in the past?

3) Do the Jedi figures hold their lightsabers with two hands? (Please no names here! Really! Just answer generally!)

4) Likenesses? With the real scan process, they should be great, no?

5) Are the poses total nonsense, or are they representative of what the characters would do in the movie, ala 25th anniversary Han Solo and Chewie? (again, just a general answer please!)

6) Do the ships come in window boxes? ( No names again, no description, just yes or no will do!)

7) Is the Slave-1 a new mold? Please do not tell me any of its features if it is one, because they would really spoil it for me! Is it bigger than the vintage version?

Okay, that's all I think. Thanks in advance for sparing me all the spoilers! I just can't wait to read your answers! Thanks again!

Princess Leila:kiss:

Wolfwood319
01-29-2002, 03:08 PM
1.) Yes, they're pretty bad.

2.) Yes, there is less articulation. Like the 300th Boba Fett.

3.) Not from what I've seen. One hand only.

4.) Likeness is good on some, not so good on others.

5.) Poses are pretty static, like the 25th Anniversary sets.

6.) I'm not sure about that one.

7.) Yes, its a new mold.

JetsAndHeels
01-29-2002, 03:23 PM
Its a good thing you responded Wolfwood.
I am almost scared to answer, considering that I may give something away.

Princess_Leila
01-29-2002, 03:38 PM
Okay, sure are no spoilers there! Thanks for the special attention.

But wait! The 300th Boba Fett figure has more points of articulation than the average figure. Okay, the pose makes it mearly impossible to make something really different in the looks of the figure, but he does have good articulation.

I just can't believe that they are that bad. Man, I'd love to see them now, but I know that I would regret it.

Anyway, if the figures have the same sort of detail as the Solo/Chewie 25th aniversary set, or as the 300th Fett figure, than I'll be quite pleased, despite the dedicated poses.

I dunno... I feel like the problem that people have with the figures is that they are scene specific, or just have extreme poses. t

I can't believe that they are that bad. No, it can't be! It's IMPOSSIBLE!!

Luke: Yoda, ARE the episode 2 figures that bad?

Yoda: (reluctantly) Pieces of crap they are.

Luke: (in disdain) Jen, why didn't you tell me?
(Anybody remembers Jen?;) )

Lman316
01-29-2002, 07:38 PM
Actually, to make one small correction, I did remember seeing one or two Jedi that held their lightsabers with both hands.

GNT
01-30-2002, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Princess_Leila
3) Do the Jedi figures hold their lightsabers with two hands? (Please no names here! Really! Just answer generally!)

6) Do the ships come in window boxes? ( No names again, no description, just yes or no will do!)

3.Yes,The clown one can hold it with two hands,expect to see the same lightsaber feature that was used in 1978!

6.The prototypes had them in window boxes,but the final product version isn't :)

Beast
01-30-2002, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by GNT
3.Yes,The clown one can hold it with two hands,expect to see the same lightsaber feature that was used in 1978!

But expect that same lightsaber feature that was used in 1978 to only show up in collection one. And so far only on 1 certain blond haired main charecter. :) (Vague enough for ya??)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mabudonicus
01-30-2002, 12:05 PM
It's funny to read the poses being referred to as "dedicated". A couple of the characters appear extremely "dedicated", although to what we're not allowed to say(not because of spoilers,heh heh heh) I must say that Detail wise the figures look quite good, and some of the new features are pretty cool IMMHO ( not the others mentioned in this thread though, they look kinda hokey) Don't let the naysayers ruin your anticipation,Princess_Leila, as there are already a few figures that look really great (gee, it IS hard to avoid spoiler knowledge here, isn't it?), and a few that look REALLY silly.

Jayspawn
01-30-2002, 12:52 PM
The AOTC figures suck!

yaddle yodas love pu
01-30-2002, 04:26 PM
1) Are the figures THAT bad? I mean, is it only the poses that are too extreme, or are the figures less detailed than what we had for the POTJ line?

Yes they are horrbile. They are far less detailed than POTJ. They look like they are comic book characters made by Toy Biz. Far less detail than POTJ. More like the 1995 versions of POTF2.

2) Is it true that the articulation is lesser than what we have been offerred in the past?

They have minimal articulation. Nothing like the articulation we enjoyed with POTJ.

Some of the Jedi are fixed in that position.

4) Likenesses? With the real scan process, they should be great, no?

Either they did not use Realscan or Realscan is worse than traditional sculpting. The likenesses are generally poor. The characters look goofy and cartoonish.

5) Are the poses total nonsense, or are they representative of what the characters would do in the movie, ala 25th anniversary Han Solo and Chewie? (again, just a general answer please!)

The poses appear to be total nonsense. Virtually every figure we have seen so far (more than 10 already) are fixed in wild, bow-leged, squatting stances. It does not appear from the film previews that virtually every character is squatting with their legs spread as far as part as possible throughout the entire film. Thus these figures are less like the 25th ann figures and more like such POTF2 clunkers as Hoth Han, General Lando and the very first Tatooine Luke--cartoonish in look and legs spread far apart for no apparent reason.

No

7) Is the Slave-1 a new mold? Please do not tell me any of its features if it is one, because they would really spoil it for me! Is it bigger than the vintage version?

It is an all-new mold with new features and new color scheme and it looks great. The other large ship and small ships also look very well done.

mark2d2
01-30-2002, 07:14 PM
The figures aren't THAT bad.
And they're sure to get better.
(They always do)
But Yes, the wild poses of the figs is not making me eager to but them. Padme especially is just flat out bizarre looking IMOP...

At least there is a cool R3 (clear domed) droid as a preview figure.
I hope you don't think this is a spoiler.
(Trust me, it isn't. We know nothing of this droid other than its name.)

As for the sculpts. I'm sure that they'll get better with time.
And am hoping that there are points of articulation we don't
yet realize. But that may be wishful thinking...