PDA

View Full Version : Gas to drop significantly??

Kidhuman
09-14-2006, 11:21 PM
According to this article it will be as low as 1.15 a gallon

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/2006/09/gasoline_could_drop_to_115gallon/

JimJamBonds
09-14-2006, 11:26 PM
Over the last month its dropped about 80 cents in my neck of the woods. Its $2.499 in Green Bay.

Kidhuman
09-14-2006, 11:27 PM
Same here, its down to 2.29 for cheap, 2.49 high end&

El Chuxter
09-14-2006, 11:46 PM
In the town where I live, it's $3.09 still. I take advantage of the $2.64 gas on trips into civilization.

Blue2th
09-15-2006, 01:03 AM
Watch the price go up after the November election.

stillakid
09-15-2006, 08:29 AM
Exactly. A friend of mine just sent a graph which compares gas prices with Republican popularity. I haven't had time to look it over completely yet, but I'll get it up here as soon as I can.

JEDIpartner
09-15-2006, 08:31 AM
It's $2.12 in Cleveland. I'm a bit wary.

Kidhuman
09-15-2006, 08:32 AM
Exactly. A friend of mine just sent a graph which compares gas prices with Republican popularity. I haven't had time to look it over completely yet, but I'll get it up here as soon as I can.

If you do please post in the pit as this is not in there. Thank you.

JimJamBonds
09-15-2006, 12:02 PM
Watch the price go up after the November election.

Who cares just enjoy the low price while it lasts.

El Chuxter
09-15-2006, 12:11 PM
I just dropped some significant gas.

Blue2th
09-15-2006, 12:35 PM
I'd like to see that stillakid. Over in the Rancor Pit of course. It's been a while since I've been over there, but it's getting around that time.:thumbsup:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-16-2006, 04:55 PM
I remember when I first got my license in 98' gas was under a $1.00. We use to have gasoline fights in the parking lots of the mini-marts that carried them, we use to wash our cars with it, douse ourselves with it whenever the temperature soared in the summer and enjoyed a nice tall cool glass of gasoline every now and then to clear the pipes.

But the prices have climbed 200% in those years, we no longer enjoy those days anymore.

When I look at that article that KH posted, I kinda thought, hmmmm, an election is coming up and Republicans must fear the thought of losing pretty badly.

stillakid
09-16-2006, 05:14 PM
http://www.aaa-calif.com/corpinfo/fuel/fuelchart.asp

Response from my smarter/wiser friend:

The problem is there are several reasons for gas prices to decline in the fall: summer driving season is over which means demand goes down... so after labor day, gas prices will decline. And tensions in oil producing sectors (ME) have reduced (a bit) as Israeli troops aren't still in Lebanon.

That said however- Bush and Co does have a lot of swing among the Saudis. OPEC just voted (thanks in part, I think, to Saudi influence) to keep oil production at peak. They can't keep that up forever: generally, when demand slacks, the oil producers tend to let up and fix busted or wearing equipment. So- did Bush exert some backdoor influence to get Saudi Arabia to keep OPEC at full production to get prices to come down a bit? Who'd know?

The funny thing is, it won't work much: oil prices and production are very much influenced by the futures market. And I can't help but wonder if they won't wonder if OPEC can keep it up. If the traders think OPEC can't, at some point the futures traders will drive the price back up.

Of course, if the goal is just to get the GOP through the election, well, the elections will take place first :0

While I wouldn't put anything past these guys, at the same time, I just don't think there's enough evidence to get all conspiracy theory on them.

Besides, there's alot going on yet: a tactical strike on Iran- or hell, even getting the trade restrictions on Iran Bush wants could lead to quite a spike in oil and then gas prices prior to the election.

Blue2th
09-16-2006, 05:33 PM
If it looks like carp, or even hints that it smells like carp it probably is. Oh, I forgot I'm supposed to enjoy it while it lasts. Nevermind :ninja:

JimJamBonds
09-16-2006, 10:18 PM
If it looks like carp, or even hints that it smells like carp it probably is. Oh, I forgot I'm supposed to enjoy it while it lasts. Nevermind :ninja:

You don't HAVE to enjoy it while it lasts that was just my suggestion... however if you don't like it I'm sure somebody someplace would allow you to pay the price per gallon 'pre drop.' :D

Blue2th
09-16-2006, 10:59 PM
We'll see.:)

JEDIpartner
09-17-2006, 12:50 AM
I just dropped some significant gas.

There's a thread in the CB for that. :thumbsup:

2-1B
09-17-2006, 12:54 AM
Thhhhrrrrrrwpp ?

JEDIpartner
09-17-2006, 01:06 AM