PDA

View Full Version : Rep Been wave showing up yet?

sebillba
09-15-2006, 04:55 PM
I was very excited to see all the figures from this wave in a UK collectors store today. At 10 each, I resisted the temptation to buy any of them - I'll be in Chicago next week, and am really hoping to pick them up for around a third of the price than they are here. Has anyone found them at retail in the States yet?

Slicker
09-15-2006, 05:01 PM
They have been showing up but it's still the very early stages.

You may get lucky while in Chicago but don't be devastated if you don't find 'em.:)

sebillba
09-15-2006, 05:07 PM
I'll try not to be totally devastated, but there may be a few tears :cry:

Devo
09-15-2006, 07:32 PM
R2dtoys have this wave now. Ordered mine yesterday with exception of Hologram maul - a poor mould choice to represent Holographic Maul from the only scene in which he appears as one. It would have been easy to just give him new crossable arms. The rest of the figures seem good to me.

El Chuxter
09-15-2006, 09:29 PM
I'd say they're showing up. Well, actually, the figures I found today at WM would say that they are showing up, if they could talk.

I found Been, Gragra, Mars & Dud, Endor Soldier (African-Naboo variant), and Generic Randy the Naboo Soldier. They also had the rehash Obi-Wan (carp), the "new" Holo Maul (double carp), the rehash Vader (not bad, but not different enough to justify buying him again), and one lone Endor Luke, which I passed on because he had the worst paint application I've ever seen on a SW figure. (Seriously. His left eye was halfway down his cheek.)

Snowtrooper
09-15-2006, 11:40 PM
I found the entire wave plus the extras I wanted two days ago at WM.

BlueSnags
09-16-2006, 02:57 AM
Found the whole wave today at a WM in LA. The Rebel Soldiers were the African-American version. Randy the Naboo Technician is pretty cool.:thumbsup:

sebillba
09-16-2006, 07:03 AM
Ohhh, things are looking promising! :thumbsup: I'll be scouring the WMs and Targets next week, but will try not to build my hopes too high. Rehashed Maul, Obi and Vader and variant Endor Soldier aren't high on my wants list, but if I can get them for $6 or $7, that'll be a real bargain for me, as I got my dollars at two to the pound :D

Qui-Don
09-16-2006, 08:16 AM
I also found them all ar Wal-Mart except for the African A merican version of the Endor trooper.

Nice figures and I almost didn't buy the Vader until I noticed that his hand comes off to reveal the "damaged" mechanical stump so I snagged it.

sebillba
09-16-2006, 08:47 AM
Nice figures and I almost didn't buy the Vader until I noticed that his hand comes off to reveal the "damaged" mechanical stump so I snagged it.

I seem to remember early photos of this one showing it with a skull accessory .... I couldn't see it in the bubble.... does the helmet break open or something??

El Chuxter
09-16-2006, 09:29 AM
I was looking for that, but didn't see it. I think it may have been a detailed view of the skull inside that they just displayed for reference?

If you're going to be in Chicago, I'd advise hitting WM's and Targets in outlying areas if possible. If it's like most large cities in the US, there are a lot more people going to the stores in and around the greater metro area.

sebillba
09-16-2006, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the tip. We'll be a bit restricted as we won't have a car, but we've found a couple of each store we can get to, so will be visiting all four.