PDA

View Full Version : Aurra Sing Unleashed is hard to put together

Tycho
09-15-2006, 05:45 PM
I just finally opened Aurra, as I had to choose what to bring home out of storage and I picked my Unleashed as I really love these in the old 7" line.

Anyway, I'd never opened Aurra before due to lack of room to display her.

Now I'm putting her with Aayla Secura as the two ladies squared off in that one Clone Wars comic that saw Sing defeated and captured by Secura.

However, I've taken a break from being frustrated trying to put Aurra's strange droid part base together (she actually kneels in a firing position quite well without the base anyway).

Later I will go back and figure the darn thing out though. It came with instructions - rare for an Unleashed figure if I recall. But like many instruction booklets, it doesn't help much.

El Chuxter
09-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Good luck. It took me almost an hour to get it together, and I'm still not sure how I did it.

bobafrett
09-16-2006, 12:25 AM
I had a bit of a problem getting my Aura Unleashed together. I don't recall instructions for any of the Unleashed, unless I just missed them when opening the plastic art masterpieces!

Tycho
09-16-2006, 02:44 AM
I had a bit of a problem getting my Aura Unleashed together. I don't recall instructions for any of the Unleashed, unless I just missed them when opening the plastic art masterpieces!

Aurra's the first one that I recall having instructions. The others are very clear on how they are designed to be assembled.

Blue2th
09-16-2006, 09:27 AM
I never did figure that base out to my satisfaction, but at least she's posed steadily. What is that piece of fish line sticking out of her forehead? Somekinda whisker, or antenae, or injury?

El Chuxter
09-16-2006, 09:30 AM
Some kind of cybernetic antenna. I forget the details, but it shows up in the movie so it's not total EU.

Tycho
09-16-2006, 12:20 PM
The Anzati taught her how to be a hunter and installed that in her so she could taste her adversaries' fear.

She was a Jedi Padawan to The Dark Woman (Annja I believe her real name was before she forsook it), who lost her young apprentice to pirates on a mission. Aurra escaped slavery (and killed them all I think), and somehow she wound up with the Anzati - or she made her escape while they were killing the pirates. (The Anzati are brain-vampires like Dannik Jerriko that stick tubules up a victim's nose and suck out their gray matter from their brains. They thrive on the fear they cause in their victims.)

Aurra didn't have a sense of this fear like a natural-born Anazti would, so they designed and installed this antennae for her. I guess they didn't kill her because they felt compassion for her when they found her a child-slave - plus she was Jedi-trained and showed no fear. Their greatest leader amongst them had been a Jedi, a long time ago. He was imprisoned in stasis and kept alive for centuries perhaps. Aayla Secura and Quinlan Vos had to deal with his return to power, shortly before Aayla met Aurra in battle.

Aurra Sing believes the Jedi abandoned her to the pirates because she had dark tendancies and the Order didn't want her. That is why she is hell-bent on killing Jedi if her missions allow for it. She carries lightsabers she's taken from her victims, much like General Grievous did - only Aurra can use them with effective Jedi Training.

By the time of the Clone Wars, Aurra took contract work from Count Dooku, but she didn't know or associate him with the Sith - not that she'd care. Unlike Asajj Ventress who wanted to be Darth Tyranus' Sith Apprentice, Aurra just wanted to kill the Jedi and whatever money was in it for her. Aurra captured a young Boba Fett (when he was 10-11 years old) and delivered him to Dooku per orders, but Fett escaped Dooku during a Jedi / Clone Army attack.

Aayla Secura shut her up for a while, capturing her alive, and perhaps locking her deep inside the Jedi Temple's holding facilities for Force-user war criminals. She was presumably alive but incarcerated during Order 66. It is unknown what the Commander Appo ordered done with Jedi prisoners. Depa Billaba was also in the Jedi's custody during Order 66. I assume the 501st's Clone Commander might have had them executed in their security cells - unless Palpatine freed them to work as his early "Emperor's Hands." (Mara Jade would have been an infant, or not yet even born at the time of Order 66 - as information I read placed her as 2 years younger than Luke, who was obviously born only days after Order 66).

This has been interesting, but hasn't helped me at all put Aurra Sing's Unleashed stand together. It's certainly been more fun than attempts have been though.

Slicker
09-16-2006, 12:23 PM
If you've opened IG-88 up you've had problems as well. His damn base had me stumped for at least 10-20 minutes.

Tycho
09-16-2006, 12:39 PM
IG-88's been in the cargo comparment of my Jeep. I just brought Bossk upstairs last night - but haven't opened him. I wanted to get Aurra situated first (but haven't been trying obviously, as it was more entertaining to write about her above, than fix her Unleashed base).

I'm going to work at my storage place today, mostly separating prequel and sequel stuff by storage unit, and organizing the boxed stuff along the walls by movies so that will later help me finish my inventory. It took me a while before I was ready to psychologically deal with my collection being disorganzied and just randomly stored away in this manner. There are a lot of "scenes" I'd test-set loose that I hope I will eventually find. It is so depressing for me.

Meanwhile, if I find Bespin Vader, Stormtrooper, Luke Jedi, and Jango Fett - I think those are the last Unleashed I still have in storage - they are coming home with me. Hopefully their accessories are stored with them (I was unable to pack up my stuff since I was hospitalized when this was done). Anyway, my collection means so much to me. As I've noted, I'm all about women, StarWars, and politics. Other stuff I like such as war movies and Star Trek and such, come as extensions of my interests (such as when I get bored with Star Wars for a bit).

A key point was that while they thought I was going to die, I wasn't dead yet. I had been living in a 2 bedroom apartment, and I'm now living in a new 2 bedroom apartment. The place I'm at now is more luxurious and larger than where I'd been, with much better ammenities, but it took me out of my elected council jurisdiction (my uncle had no clue!) and the move saw all my dioramas basically destroyed and their contents packed up. I recovered and got out of rehab faster than anyone predicted I guess - re-learning to walk - everything I had to do so I could drive again and function on my own - but the overflow of Star Wars (in storage boxes already) in my old place could have been put in storage and everything else left intact. My uncle had no sympathy or understanding of my hobby.

Anyway, I hadn't had any intention of moving until I could sell some real estate and buy a large house to reside in by San Diego - and in my council jurisdiction. But what's intended and what happened became 2 different things.

Anyway, I'm off to "the dungeon." My storage is in a secured underground facility and I don't even get cell phone reception down there. Dick Cheney is probably down there stalking the hallways with his shotgun like it's NORAD. :rolleyes:

bobafrett
09-16-2006, 03:33 PM
At least Bossk's stand is fairly easy to assemble!

Blue2th
09-16-2006, 07:02 PM
I know when I go into my storage (my garage) it's intimidating. Though somewhat organized, I have found things I didn't know I bought, and WHAT the hell was I thinking? :ninja:

Tycho
09-16-2006, 10:46 PM
Today I found and brought home the Stormtrooper Unleashed (missing his blaster and most of his laser blast effects until I find them all) - and Luke Jedi Knight (complete). They're loose and on display with my other Unleashed on my huge desk that I'm typing at right now (I have a hutch with shelving and book compartments that rise up from my desk - it can hold almost all 30-something Unleashed - I display the ones that go with each other - such as all the Geonosis Unleashed, etc.)

I also finished the first step in organizing my two storage units: I got the Prequels and Sequels separated between the two units, and also have the boxes divided up such that different stacks against different walls divide the specific movies. That will make inventory much easier. That took me an entire day's work and I'm pretty tired - but it finishes "the easy part."

I also have 12" divided up, and Star Trek. I might tackle those collections first in my inventory because they are smaller and will take less time than delving into the movie collections.

I put my EU stuff together by the movie it preceeds, thus CW is with E3 etc.

You can tell I'm proud of myself.

Tycho
09-17-2006, 11:24 AM
This morning, instead of going out on a toy hunt, I finally found inspiration and put Aurra Sing Unleashed together! I'm so proud of myself! See: :pleased:

Anyway, I did it only half-using the instructions she came with. They honestly weren't clear enough.

Hey - does Hasbro's 12" Luke Jedi (FAO exclusive) look like Frodo when his hood is up?

Anyway, Aurra Sing - yeah - she's on display now with Aayla Secura and Darth Maul. Those prequel-era characters.

Well, obviously I have more prequel Unleashed, but they comprise big Geonosis and ROTS sequence groupings.

Ventress is on of the few I haven't opened and placed yet. She might be able to serve in the background of my Tyranus vs. Yoda scene since she had a close relationship with Dooku.

Blue2th
09-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Well, I need to put my Unleashed Aurra, next to my Aayla, now that I know they fought. Which book or comic is the Aurra story in? I need to dig out my 12" Aurra Sing, wonder if she's got the antenna? Most of my 12" Hasbro have been buried in the garage. That's why I didn't vote in the 12" poll, 'cause I couldn't make an objective opinion without seeing them all again. Have all of the Unleashed lined up loose on the top of my shelves. I must say they are impressive. Just missing the white AOTC clone. I guess that's why I like some of the AOTC 3 3/4 figures in fixed poses. They are like mini Unleashed. That's the size Hasbro should have made them if they were going to make them smaller.

Tycho
09-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Aayla Secura fought Aurra Sing in the one-shot Clone Wars comic title: Aayla Secura. The Jedi were investigating the Separatists infiltrating the government of Devaron. Aayla went in search of her 2nd Master (Quinlan Vos' former master Tholme) and Annja (the Dark Woman), and found that Sing had been hired to eliminate both Loyalist Devaronians in the government and stop any Jedi interfearence. Aayla took care of that particular problem. She alone had the skills and internal make-up to put an end to Aurra Sing's bloody career (at least as far as we know up until Order 66).