PDA

View Full Version : Representative Been???

Snowtrooper
09-16-2006, 12:02 AM
I just opened up Rep Been and on his stand it reads Representative Been. I was always under the impression that Rep was his first name and not short for Representative, or anything else for that matter. Does anybody know what it is supposed to be?

El Chuxter
09-16-2006, 12:55 AM
I don't know for sure, but I always assumed it was a title. Of the named Gungans, they're all single-word names preceded by a title: Boss Nass, Captain Tarpals, General Ceels, Rep Been, and a few other Reps. And Jar Jar Binks, who, having an actual full name, stands out. As does Wicket W Warrick (lone among the Ewoks in having a last name, not to mention a middle initial), though he's never named onscreen.

2-1B
09-16-2006, 01:17 AM
They made another Gungan ? :eek: That's awesome ! :)

bobafrett
09-16-2006, 07:20 AM
They made another Gungan ? :eek: That's awesome ! :)

Yes, he ges by the name of........................................"Has Been" :yes:

jedi master sal
09-16-2006, 10:03 AM
Rep is indeed a title. Notice how Jar Jar is now Representative Binks in ROTS. He's also Rep Binks on Naboo.

Snowtrooper
09-16-2006, 01:25 PM
Rep is indeed a title. Notice how Jar Jar is now Representative Binks in ROTS. He's also Rep Binks on Naboo.
Your definitely right. I got a hold of an Episode I visual dictionary and it says quote "Boss Nass makes decisions with the assistance of his Rep Council. This group of appointed officers is responsible for various areas of government." It also has listed another gungan called Rep Teers. So it is definitely a title.

And here I thought it was another Hasbro f--- up.

COMMANDERCODY2795
09-16-2006, 01:39 PM
rep been's nickname on the gungan council is Rep Beans because before he comes to work he eats 4 breakfeast burritos and drinks varrying ammounts of prune juice.

Bacta Beast
09-16-2006, 04:02 PM
I just opened up Rep Been and on his stand it reads Representative Been. I was always under the impression that Rep was his first name and not short for Representative, or anything else for that matter. Does anybody know what it is supposed to be?

Screw the name thing!! Where did you find him?! Did you get Luke?!! Did change the torso scuplt to reflect the lack of a vest?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Screw the name thing!! Where did you find him?! Did you get Luke?!! Did change the torso scuplt to reflect the lack of a vest?
I don't have any of this wave yet but I know that the only difference to the Luke figure is the new right hand (and of course the accessories). He still has the vest/tunic thing.

JediTricks
09-16-2006, 05:04 PM
SW.com makes it clear "Rep" is his title, but doesn't strictly say "Rep = Representative": http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/repbeen/index.html

Snowtrooper
09-16-2006, 07:56 PM
I found him along with the rest of the wave at WM. I haven't opened up the Luke yet since I only have one, which I plan on keeping carded at this point. If I get another one for opening, I will let you know about the torso sculpt, unless somebody beats me to it.

Snowtrooper
09-16-2006, 08:08 PM
SW.com makes it clear "Rep" is his title, but doesn't strictly say "Rep = Representative": http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/repbeen/index.html
I guess if Rep was an abbreviation for Representative, it would appear with a period after it. Maybe this would make a good question for Hasbro at the next Q & A session.

pbarnard
09-16-2006, 09:27 PM
I guess if Rep was an abbreviation for Representative, it would appear with a period after it. Maybe this would make a good question for Hasbro at the next Q & A session.

Except that would be a waste of a question. LucasFilm/Licensing does the naming of the characters and Hasbro just has to spell it right. You'd want to ask the Jedi Council over at starwars.com

Snowtrooper
09-16-2006, 10:18 PM
Except that would be a waste of a question. LucasFilm/Licensing does the naming of the characters and Hasbro just has to spell it right. You'd want to ask the Jedi Council over at starwars.com
I wasn't serious about it being a Q&A question. It was more of a sarcastic comment than anything.

timmae
09-17-2006, 01:38 AM

i think rep means pegwarmer? cousin of neo? uncle of ketwal?:laugh:

Turbowars
09-17-2006, 12:53 PM
i think rep means pegwarmer? cousin of neo? uncle of ketwal?:laugh:
This is best comment on this entire thread.:pleased:

Tycho
09-22-2006, 04:47 PM
He can warm all he wants - that'll make it easier for me to pick up 8 or more of him:

4 to complete a Gungan City Council for my Otah Gunga recreation.

2 to stand with Boss Nass in the Gungan Sacred Place as the Naboo arrive.

2 to stand with Boss Nass (in place of a Falumpaset in parade gear or whatever) for the Theed victory celebration scene at TPM's end.

I'm not sure if I'll need any more than 8, but this is a heavy wave for me when I've barely bought figures from many of the past waves this year:

1 Luke (Shuttle Tyderium crew - needs softgoods to sit anyway)
3 Gragga - Mos Espa Market, Mos Espa proper, Podrace Grandstand
4 Dud Bolt / Mars Guo packs - Pod race, Pod race hanger, Mos Espa Market, Mos Espa proper
8+ Naboo Hanger Dude - First hanger fight, 2nd hanger fight, Starship crew, 2nd starship crew, Gungan Sacred Place, 3 or so in the Theed Street Battle.

I don't need any of the other 4: Vader, Maul, Obi-Wan, Endor Rebel (either variation)

Battle Droid
09-22-2006, 04:51 PM
There's some at the Opera if you're making an Opera scene from ROTS.

Tycho
09-22-2006, 06:19 PM
There's some at the Opera if you're making an Opera scene from ROTS.

Yeah, I noticed them. I don't feel too inspired to really include them there though. In fact, my prequel scenes steadily reduce the number of aliens "out and about" as the Empire takes form in the galaxy - a hat off to the EU tradition regarding that subject matter and Palpatine's prejudices.

Also, for lack of actually having a clear image of what the heck they were watching in the opera (I could recreate the water globes with clear hamster balls), I was instead going to do my opera scene with a tight-in focus on Anakin and Palpatine (right before Mas Ameeda and Sly Moore & whatever was their companion leave). In addition to the "Sith box" at the opera (Palpatine's monologue about the Tragedy of Darth Plageuis was one of my favorite scenes in ROTS), I will show some of the other Senators in neighboring boxes, in spite of whether they were there or not (Bail Organa, AOTC outfit, Mon Mothma, various well-dressed aliens or Republic Officers like Danni Faytooni, Ack Med Beq, - and most of the Lucas Family I have still yet to buy, etc.)

If I can get a clear shot of what the heck was performing in that opera - and I have a 52" - I just never paused the DVD on that scene or magnified the image before (always forget to do that) - I may try and create more of the theater and the performance. I'm a long way off from having the space and security to do that, so it's not really necessary at the moment. I collect the figures (unopened at present) in a box I've labeled "ROTS Opera," and that's in my storage. If they're sitting indefinitely (like Lushros Dofine), I might later add 2 Gungan Reps to the Opera "body count," but we'll see.

I'm only buying the Kashyyyk Scout Trooper (about 5-7 of them) and about 6 of the Geonosis / Coruscant Clone Sergeant (green E2 Clone) from the "final 22." So unless SideShow starts going crazy with stuff I actually want that they'll get out THIS YEAR, I won't need too much come the year end.

Snowtrooper
09-22-2006, 06:55 PM
I think this figure is pretty good. I plan on getting a around 6 for Boss Nass's entourage.

Battle Droid
09-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Oh and there's some at Padme's funeral.

Tycho
09-24-2006, 04:49 PM
They don't even make Padme for Padme's funeral, let alone her family, etc. I don't plan on worrying about that.

If you were to say Qui-Gon's funeral, I could unfortunately answer the same. The Queen wore her purple "Return to Naboo" gown, and Hasbro has yet to make that. I honestly didn't notice if Gungan Reps attended Qui-Gon, but I've instead chosen to focus on the Jedi and Palpatine, though I'll have Boss Nass and JarJar there representing the Gungans. I might have added Tarpals of my own accord, too. But that's enough.