PDA

View Full Version : Titanium 501st Clone Trooper

JEDIpartner
09-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Oh, man... I just spent almost my entire lunch-break laughing at the paint job on the titanium 501st trooper!! I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the blue stripes with the white polka dots that adorn his armour!!! My Wal*Mart shopping experience has never been funnier than that one! Oh, my... now that's comedy!!!!! :thumbsup:

:D

JEDIpartner
09-20-2006, 02:57 PM
Am I the only one who's seen this piece of junk???! :eek:

Jayspawn
09-20-2006, 03:05 PM
I've seen it as well. Obviously Hasbro didnt bring the same item to Lucasfilm for approval. Oh God is what I thought.

Funny, when I saw it the figure's plastic hands were seperated from the wrists still holding the rifle.

But then again, I dont support ANY of the Titanuim figures. The paint jobs are pretty crappy altogether.

Jayspawn
09-20-2006, 03:05 PM
The Target Exclusive Titanium Vader is quite a joke too.

Kidhuman
09-20-2006, 03:10 PM
The exclusive is a joke, this whole line does stink of sloppiness. I had initially liked em but then kept looking at them and decided to return them. I did however get the Fett vintage style on clearance for 6 bucks. I'm a sucka for fett. I will be getting the Maul though. I like the way it looks.&

BountyHunterScum
09-20-2006, 03:18 PM
The exclusive is a joke, this whole line does stink of sloppiness. I had initially liked em but then kept looking at them and decided to return them. I did however get the Fett vintage style on clearance for 6 bucks. I'm a sucka for fett. I will be getting the Maul though. I like the way it looks.&

I got the target vader lava titanium, mine looks fine to me. i'll probably get the vintage finish if I can find it. I'm a sucker for Vader.

JEDIpartner
09-20-2006, 03:19 PM
I thought the Threepio prototype was pretty good because, well, he's a metal object with little paint and weathering on him. Beyond that, I've considered this line to be a turkey since before it came out!

ascmclarencoupe
09-20-2006, 05:45 PM
I think the line is OK but that's it, just OK. They just aren't screaming at me to take them home. That may change when the R2-D2 one hits the shelves though. I haven't seen a picture of C-3PO yet.

KH,
Have you seen the Target Exclusive Unleashed Boba Fett yet?
My local store had that and the General Grievous sitting on the shelf and they looked pretty nice.

Brent

Kidhuman
09-20-2006, 09:48 PM
I saw the unleashed, I was talking abouyt the Titanium Forged Lava Vader which looks like CARP in a bag. &

I like the unleashed but cant see paying 5 bucks more for them. I have GG but not Fett. If it hits clearance I might get it.