PDA

View Full Version : AF/MM First Shots...help needed!

darktrooper7
09-19-2006, 08:51 PM
Hey everyone,

Im about to pose a very interesting question. I have been collecting AF/MM first shots and prototypes for the last 4 years but i am now starting a dedicated focus. I want to try to complete an entire first shot run of action fleet ships (if that is even possible).

So can anyone help me out? Im willing to pay/trade/cheat/steal/beg etc to try to complete this focus as i know it will not be an easy one :grin:

So even if you dont want to sell, can you post which first shots you do have, or if you know people that have any let me know.

To give you a run down of what i have already, heres my current list:

MIB Flash Speeder
MIB Gian Speeder/Theed palace set
Millennium Falcons (Original and saga)
X-wing (most likely saga)
DV Tie (saga battle damaged version)
Neva Kees Pod Racer (not a first shot, a resin cast)
Mars Guo hard copy (the toy fair one)
Mockup carded Endor Battle Pack
Hand painted "approved" Dagobah Xwing

Pending (from rick schmidt):
Sand Crawler
Awing
Cloud Car
Dew Back

Non-Action Fleet:
MIB Wattos Shop (unproduced)
Hand painted Nute Gunray transforming head
Unpainted Obi-wan transforming head
Folding Darth Vader Tie with little imperial logo case
Various mm first shots
Titanium ATAT first shot
Titanium X-Wing first shot.

So as you can see i have a bit of a collection going, but its far from complete. And i know all of the die hard AF collectors probably love their first shots so it may be an extremely hard task to complete but let me know what you guys have anyway :)

And if anyone is interested in seeing pics of any of my collection, then i can post some pics of any you want to see

JediTricks
09-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Pics would be cool!

By "first shots", you mean test shots, the ones where the colors are all crazy from any random material they have lying around? If so, I have the Test Shot AF E-wing in packaging with letter of authenticity (I "won" it in a Galoob Buzz Board contest, JKF was kind enough to send everybody who entered something good), it's white with clear and pink, the box printing is all crazy.

darktrooper7
09-20-2006, 08:04 PM
Pics would be cool!

By "first shots", you mean test shots, the ones where the colors are all crazy from any random material they have lying around? If so, I have the Test Shot AF E-wing in packaging with letter of authenticity (I "won" it in a Galoob Buzz Board contest, JKF was kind enough to send everybody who entered something good), it's white with clear and pink, the box printing is all crazy.

Yes those are pretty much exactly what i mean, except that a lot of mine are just in a plain cream sort of colour...have a look here for some of my pics (not all of them are shown there but most are up) http://www.ignitecomputers.com.au/micro/Protos%20and%20First%20Shots/ (it loads a bit slow as they are full res pics)

So are there any other out there???? :)

JediTricks
09-21-2006, 05:35 PM
Wow, cool collection, and you have even more, that's great. That folding Vader's TIE is a great prototype, and Neva Kee's podracer... very nice get indeed!

The Falcons pic didn't work in my browser, I had to save it and open it locally.

What's with the Nute & Obi-Wan heads, are those starters for transforming playsets?

I believe fellow forumite Jeddah has the test shot TIE Defender which matches my E-wing, and some of the others have their own, there's even a thread buried around here somewhere with info and pics.

I've seen pics of the following: a Qui-Gon Jinn transforming head playset prototype, an unpainted version of that which opens, an Obi-Wan head playset that's fully painted and openable but never completed, an Anakin head playset like that, and these AF painted first shots: a series alpha Podracer, a series alpha AAT, a Boles Roor podracer, another one boxed, a Neva Kee's podracer boxed, a Neimoidian Shuttle, and an AF Death Star.

RobertDD
09-22-2006, 11:50 AM
so this is not the Neva Kee's pod that was auctioned on ebay years ago then, is it?

Makes me wonder: How many of these are out there?
And who on here has one?

(same two questions for the boles roor pod!)

bobafrett
09-22-2006, 01:20 PM
I like the picture of the Flash Speeder, but it says "featuring Sebulba".

RobertDD
09-22-2006, 03:28 PM
I like the picture of the Flash Speeder, but it says "featuring Sebulba".
That's why it's a test shot. :)

Slicker
09-22-2006, 03:56 PM
Aren't test shots used to basically show what it'll look like in the packaging and to give people an idea of what the overall design is?

darktrooper7
09-23-2006, 04:01 AM
so this is not the Neva Kee's pod that was auctioned on ebay years ago then, is it?

Makes me wonder: How many of these are out there?
And who on here has one?

(same two questions for the boles roor pod!)

Well my neva pod is actually smaller than the "production" version. Probably about 80% of the full scale one...so i believe it is the only one of this version in existance :)

Aren't test shots used to basically show what it'll look like in the packaging and to give people an idea of what the overall design is?

Yeh and to test the sculpt to make sure it comes out right

BountyHunterScum
09-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Well my neva pod is actually smaller than the "production" version. Probably about 80% of the full scale one...so i believe it is the only one of this version in existance :)

Yeh and to test the sculpt to make sure it comes out right

I wouldn't mind having the prototype AF Star Destroyer Death Star and Mon Calamari myself.

sergiurusu
09-25-2006, 02:53 AM
I wouldn't mind having the prototype AF Star Destroyer Death Star and Mon Calamari myself.

Who would?

Mothman
09-30-2006, 06:50 AM
Do a search in ebay for star wars prototype - I got lots of finds. Worth checking out.