PDA

View Full Version : More Ewoks next year says Hasbro.

Battle Droid
09-20-2006, 12:42 AM
From, http://yodasnews.com/

YN: Though I am thrilled with the accuracy and detail (removable knife)
of the new Chief Chirpa figure, being a long-time ewok fan, I have a few
questions. Why not make his lizard advisor toy? What do we do now with all our other larger ewok toys? Will they be re-made as smaller, more accurate figures? And last, what ewok plans are there for the 30th anniversary collection?

H: We can't specifcally comment on any upcoming Ewoks, but we have
gone on record as saying there are Ewoks planned for next year. The new ones will be correctly scaled as Chirpa was. However, this does not, in ouropinion, make older Ewoks any less valid given their time and place in the line. In fact, one of our team has every Ewok, Kenner and modern, grouped together on a shelf at home - and they all look great together.

Kidhuman
09-20-2006, 01:06 AM
THis is great news, Chux should be happier than a pig in poo doo

kool-aid killer
09-20-2006, 03:46 AM
Me too. Hopefully they will get the remaining Ewoks from the vintage line updated. I wouldnt mind getting some Woklings too. And finally, i think it would be cool if Hasbro made a generic Ewok sculpt and just painted it a couple of colors (remember how one of the Wookies from the ROTS came out in three different shades) to bulk up their ranks with some grunts to go along with the two that have come out with gliders.

dindae
09-20-2006, 09:14 AM
Pesonally I'm hoping for a EE Multi pack like the astro mech droid. Heck I might even buy multiples of the set as they should definately outnumber my endor rebel soldiers and I have a good amount of those already.

JEDIpartner
09-20-2006, 09:18 AM
I used some vintage Ewoks in my Endor display and they look fine... if not under-detailed. Still, this is good to hear and I'm not even a huge Ewok fan!

Droid
09-20-2006, 09:51 AM
Though I do think Wicket needs an update I hope that next year they release new Ewoks instead of resculpted Logray and Teebo.

JEDIpartner
09-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Well, if they are going to make them "properly scaled", then they really should consider selling three to a bubble 'cos Wicket is gonna be TEENY TINY!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-20-2006, 05:52 PM
After watching ROTJ the other day, I saw that Chirpa is indeed on the smaller end of ewoks; he's not tiny but he is shorter than Logray. The Logray figure is a little big but it's not too horrible; the Teebo one is huge but the character was kind of large as well. They definitely need to make a smaller Wicket, though.

Jargo
09-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Speaking personally, I think they should bung a whole bunch in a box.
Paploo, Warok, Lumat, Wicket, Nikki (cartwheeling wicket sized ewok in village), female and Woklings. which is technically equivalent to five regular sized figures. Or equivalent to an EE astro droid multi-pack plus an accessory if you assume the woklings would be a one piece sculpt. Or have one removable that can be held by the female ewok and that one would be Nippet. As I believe one is named.

Another idea is to have a generic Ewok sculpt as in the ROS Wookiee warrior, colour it differently like say one black, one stripey, one beige and one one piebald, then do four different head cowels and four different weapons and sell it as an army builder. I'm no good at math so I don't know how many different combinations that would produce but it would certainly boost the ewok ranks.

At the very least sell the things as 2-packs. with so many darn repacks they gotta be saving a whole bunch of cash as well as making it. So two little guys to a blister isn't pushing it too far in terms of what's credible.

General_Grievous
09-21-2006, 10:39 PM
If we get a new Wicket, Romba, Warok, Lumat and a female with woklings, I'll be happy. Celebrate the love!!!

timmae
09-21-2006, 11:26 PM
i'm in no matter what too:thumbsup:

TheRealDubya
09-22-2006, 01:15 AM
I bet money they'll do a Vintage Style Wicket in 2007. Not much money, but a little.

Tycho
09-23-2006, 08:18 PM
Unfortunately, some of the Ewoks might be resculpts:

Wicket - for size reasons.
Paploo - because he really needed one since his only figure had his hood "flying."

Logray's OK.
Teebo's OK.
Chief Chirpa's OK.

Lumat, Romba, and Warrick were not widely recognized except by KENNER vintage fans. Now I want them, as well as Keolkeech and a Momma Ewok with baby Wokling (yes, because it's cute).

I don't know if all we'll get are resculpts, howver:

Wicket is a likely resculpt, as is Paploo (who's never been carded). Logray could see re-release as he's highly recognizeable, but hasn't been out since '98 unless you count that Endor Battle Pack set from TRU (I think it was Han Solo, Wicket, Logray, Bikerscout and speederbike, original '98 Endor Rebel Trooper - and it's release date was in 2003 I think).

Now considering this year's Saga '06 offerings, it would suggest re-carding Logray more than investing in new sculpts of Romba, Lumat, and Warrick - but we can always hope.

Wookie King
09-15-2007, 03:07 AM
I'm just glad they're making them properly scaled...and pocket sized for easier transport. also the detail is amazing. we could use a female and baby wokling though. and where's Chukha Trok for god's sake?! With removable breastplate and a BIG ol' axe!

DarkArtist
09-15-2007, 08:44 AM
my hope is that we get different ewoks like some of the background ones packaged with some of the main one like Wicket, Warok, Romba, Logray,Paploo and Teebo. also it would be really cool to see another Wicket in a smaller scale like in the original vintage Kenner Line. the wicket from potf is too big.

timmae
09-15-2007, 11:28 AM
bring em on. i'm scaling way back what i buy(with the prices the way they are-7.99 at kb!-when you can get a mcfarlane for 9.99 at tru...i know a different thread.), but i think i will buy any ewok made.:thumbsup:

bigbarada
09-15-2007, 11:59 AM
As fed up as I am with Star Wars collecting right now, I'll buy whatever Ewok Hasbro makes from this point on.

A correctly-scaled Wicket wouldn't be that much smaller than the current Chief Chirpa figure. The best way to estimate how big a new Wicket would be is to compare him to R2-D2 in the movie stills. He still has to stand on his tiptoes to look R2 in the eye, but he's not going to be anywhere near Yoda-sized. (see attachment)

2-1B
09-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Awesome, every year should have more Ewoks.

Ji'dai
09-18-2007, 02:57 PM
I'll buy more Ewoks. I'm so desperate for Endor stuff I'll probably even end up buying that R2 with net that's coming out this year too. I did dig out and open that old Complete Galaxy Endor (http://www.rebelscum.com/POTF2cgewok.asp) set yesterday in order to add the included peroxide-furred Ewok to my display.

Ewok Lord
09-23-2007, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I guess Romba and Graak oughtta be out in November, along with that "Ewok capture" R2. So that's cool.

Tycho
09-24-2007, 03:17 AM
Yub-nub! All Hail the Ewok Lord!

Welcome to the forums. :)