PDA

View Full Version : Tickle Me Elmo X

pbarnard
09-20-2006, 03:29 PM
Just got the one for the fiancee today. I reserved it at Toys R Us thinking that a mass sell out was possible in my area.

Are they gone in your area?

I have not opened it, but have seen a clip on the local ABC station of him rolling, sitting up, and laughing.

The fiancee got interested when she saw Elmo on the Washington DC 4th of July concert on PBS. She's from China, never saw Sesame Street until just this Labor Day. She's instantly in love with the show and Elmo. Nothing like that in China.

Rogue II
09-20-2006, 03:59 PM
My wife got one from Walmart for $35. It is going to be the one of our 1 year old's Christmas presents.

Out of curiosity, my wife checked Ebay, and there were several thousand of Elmos out there, some going for well over $100. Fools.

pbarnard
09-20-2006, 04:12 PM
Still on the TRU site for cost, as i imagine most other retailers.

I'm wondering if there will be the maddness of 10 years ago given that was pre-online shopping (barely), ebay etc.

El Chuxter
09-20-2006, 04:28 PM
You've got to be kidding me.

I saw a pallet of these turds in WM this morning, taking up valuable space better devoted to Star Wars figures, grass seed, socks, even nude photos of Kathy Griffin. I should have bought them so that I could burn them. For I hate Elmo. My daughter will never watch Sesame Street because the very thought of her being exposed to his Prozac babbling nauseates me. I am glad that her diapers have Elmo and his stupid orange girlfriend on them, so that I know that every time she has a particularly nasty bowel movement, it's going all over that little douchebag's face.

Rogue II
09-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Chux, when my first kid was born, I swore she would never see Barney, but sure enough, it started my wife's grandmother buying her a Barney storybook. Then one day, we left the PBS kids channel on just a little too long. Luckily, she is 5 now and doesn't have any interest in Barney anymore.

No matter how hard you try, someone in your family will find Elmo and it will buy it for your daughter. Trust me, there are a lot more annoying things out there than Elmo. Bad things, man, bad things.

General_Grievous
09-20-2006, 06:29 PM
I wonder if you can roll this guy off the top of a building and have him land three stories below, sit up, and laugh. That would be a sight. I vaguely remember the Tickle Me Elmo phenomenon and it was soon followed by more crap like Beanie Babies and Furbies. Still, it's always funny to see shmucks blow hundreds of bucks for them on eBay.

2-1B
09-20-2006, 08:35 PM
I can't believe it's been 10 years since that first POS came out and we had to deal with the hysteria while working at TRU during my first year of college...

Kidhuman
09-20-2006, 08:58 PM
This is absurd. I saw an endcap full of these things in WM last night around 10 pm. I went back in this morning around 9:30 am and they were sold out. I hope no one around here would stoop so low to do this. Damn scalpers.&

bobafrett
09-20-2006, 10:30 PM
Our Wal-Mart had a pallet of these move out in a matter of hour.

JimJamBonds
09-20-2006, 11:04 PM
I can't believe it's been 10 years since that first POS came out and we had to deal with the hysteria while working at TRU during my first year of college...

We'll/I'll have to bust Ross Nass' chops on this on Friday. lol