PDA

View Full Version : Spaceballs Cartoon!!!

BanthaPoodoo
09-21-2006, 03:48 PM
The crappy G4 channel is finally going to get something I wouldn't mind watching...

Maybe they will FINALLY make some toys to go with it!! That would be awesome!!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/21/television.brooks.reut/index.html

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-21-2006, 03:55 PM
This has been a rumor for a few years now, but it's cool that they're going through with it. Unfortunately I don't get G4 so I won't be able to see it, at least not until it hits DVD.

I hope it doesn't suck.

2-1B
09-21-2006, 07:36 PM
I hope this show never gets off the ground.

JimJamBonds
09-22-2006, 09:58 AM

I agree with Caesar 100%... except that I hope the show gets off the ground.

darthvyn
09-22-2006, 10:06 AM

i can't understand why... this would be awesome!

what the hell is G4 tv? at first i thought it was a tv tuner card for your macintosh G4 - which would be horribly out of date!

JimJamBonds
09-22-2006, 12:42 PM
what the hell is G4 tv? at first i thought it was a tv tuner card for your macintosh G4 - which would be horribly out of date!

Its some crusty cable station.... they have TNG so thats pretty cool.

JEDIpartner
09-22-2006, 01:13 PM

I'm with you on that. It sounds like a stupid idea.

I've never heard of G4 and I really think the idea for this is about 10 years too late. I don't really even find the movie that funny anymore. I caught it on something a couple months ago and it only had me rolling my eyes. Why did I ever think this movie was funny???

El Chuxter
09-22-2006, 03:29 PM
G4 is supposedly a video game network, but it's a lamer, geekier version of Spike TV.

Rocketboy
09-22-2006, 04:00 PM
The only reason I like G4 is the show X-Play.

Morgan Webb...:love:

2-1B
09-23-2006, 10:49 AM
Vyn - what JP said. :D

JP - I agree with you that it's 10 years late, except I think it's 20 years late. :crazed:

JimJamBonds
09-24-2006, 01:18 AM
Vyn - what JP said. :D

JP - I agree with you that it's 10 years late, except I think it's 20 years late. :crazed:

So that makes it 30 years late then??? :confused:

JediTricks
09-24-2006, 03:16 AM
What kids need today is a Blazing Saddles cartoon on Saturday mornings.

:p

When I saw this news, my only thought was "meh, too late, too watered-down", especially since they're spreading their focus beyond Star Wars.

JimJamBonds
09-25-2006, 12:15 AM
What kids need today is a Blazing Saddles cartoon on Saturday mornings.

:p

What about that long awaited History of the World Part II??? :D

JediTricks
09-25-2006, 04:09 PM
We're living it baby! Living comedy, it's just not funny to us because we're too close to it right now. ;)

2-1B
10-21-2009, 12:42 AM
Th:Pirate: she be:

http://www.theforce.net/image_popup/image_popup_global.asp?image=http://www.collectinghq.com/im/0017026.jpg

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-21-2009, 02:29 AM
They had the first two episodes for free on iTunes about a year ago . . . it was a complete waste, just a remake of the movie but with a few different, unfunny jokes. Just avoid it.

El Chuxter
10-21-2009, 09:39 AM
Did anyone watch more than thirty seconds of that pile of carp? It was an insult to the Spaceballs name.

Rocketboy
10-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Not only did the show suck, this is only 4 episodes of the series.

El Chuxter
10-21-2009, 12:59 PM
So, if the episodes are thirty minutes long, they made 1:59:59 too much.

From what I saw, this was even worse than The Cleveland Show.

morpheus282
10-21-2009, 06:28 PM

G4 has Olivia Munn (http://www.megapage.org/olivia_munn/olivia_munn09122008.jpg).

Mad Slanted Powers
10-21-2009, 07:52 PM
G4 has Olivia Munn (http://www.megapage.org/olivia_munn/olivia_munn09122008.jpg).
I like Blair Butler (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blair_Butler) better.

morpheus282
10-21-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm still partial to Olivia, but either would do in a pinch. :lipsrsealed:

El Chuxter
10-21-2009, 08:04 PM
If I watched bad TV for hot women, I'd watch nothing but LA traffic reports even though they don't pertain to me.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-21-2009, 09:03 PM
If I watched bad TV for hot women, I'd watch nothing but LA traffic reports even though they don't pertain to me.

Well, Attack of the Show isn't that bad.

Olivia Munn was in a short film they showed during Heroes last week.

El Chuxter
10-22-2009, 01:31 AM
Attack of the Show isn't that bad? What are you comparing it to, having a root canal without anesthesia while a gorilla with herpes attacks you in a way I can't describe here? Maybe, but, even then, I'd say the jury is out. A couple of losers who can't read the carefully-scripted ad libs and try to seem funny and too cool for school when they're talking about video games and crap.

(Hey, I talk about collecting toys. I'm under no illusion it is cool.)

Mad Slanted Powers
10-22-2009, 01:59 AM
I'm comparing it to most of the rest of their programming, which, while not necessarily bad, isn't what the station used to be. Plus, they keep putting the show on at a time that I'm not able to watch, except during the summer, but I didn't even watch it that much this year.

I mainly enjoy the beginning when they do Around The Net. Some of the things you point out are why I don't much care for Olivia. I'm no comic book expert, but I thought that the character was called the Sub-Mariner, not the Submariner as she once said. She also said McHammer instead of M.C. Hammer. Makes for some amusing TV at least. However, I can't imagine that their performance at the Star Wars Comic-Con presentation won any new fans. She was particularly annoying there.

TeeEye7
10-22-2009, 04:18 AM
Oh!livia........:D

They need to ditch that knucklehead that co-hosts with her on Attack of the Show, though....

JediTricks
11-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Late to the party, but I find Olivia and AOTS to be entirely unwatchable. A friend of mine and Tycho's was ranting during Comic-Con about Olivia Munn was the worst and G4 sucked, I didn't know why until I got digital cable a month later - made me consider giving up TV altogether. Sounds like Spaceballs the Cartoon would do that too.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-08-2009, 02:21 AM
I haven't been watching AOTS much lately, but a couple summers ago I was watching it almost every day. For me, it was a convenient way for me to learn about a lot of news in the world of the internet, technology, and geek pop culture, because I'm not enough of a geek where I'm keeping up with it all on the internet. It was from watching AOTS and G4's coverage of Comic-Con that got me interested in seeing the Iron Man movie. I was never a comic book person, and this was a character I was only vaguely familiar with, so I probably wouldn't have thought much about it without the hype it was receiving there. Of course, that doesn't mean that I would be interested in something just because they hyped it up. They made a big deal about Superbad, but I didn't feel the need to go see that.

Often times when watching it, though, about all I really paid attention to was Around the Net. Sometimes there would be some cool videos on there. Other times I couldn't understand what was so great about the videos. Some seemed to be just an excuse to do a stupid sketch. Sometimes I enjoyed the sketches, sometimes not.

They need to ditch that knucklehead that co-hosts with her on Attack of the Show, though....I actually like Kevin on the show most of the time. I'd rather see a replacement for Olivia. Many of the others that have filled in for her have been just as good or better, and more attractive in my opinion. Kevin and Olivia seem to have a certain chemistry, though.

As for other programs on the network, the only things that seem to interest me would be X-Play or any other video game coverage, such as E3. However, since I don't have one of the current consoles, it's kind of pointless for me to watch shows about video games I can't play.