PDA

View Full Version : Vader with Coin Album

dindae
09-22-2006, 07:45 AM
Vader with Coin Album is at EE

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/aff-home.asp?id=SI-305158297&number=HS87523

My questions are:

Is this an exclusive?

If not does that mean a case of just vaders packed with coin albums?

I know they stated 60 basic figures for next year and there are 60 slots what is with the one gold coin?

JEDIpartner
09-22-2006, 08:11 AM
It's possible that it is an internet exclusive. *shrug* I don't really care as they aren't going to get me to but "all 60" figures. I'm really not in the market for reissues.

Kidhuman
09-22-2006, 08:35 AM
Maybe you can use the extra space for your state quarters like me JP. & *shrug*

DarkArtist
09-22-2006, 08:40 AM
I get one. If worse comes to worse and I don't purchase all 60 figures I use the extra spaces for my old POTF coins.:thumbsup:

JON9000
09-22-2006, 09:51 AM
It's pretty cool, but it would be cooler if it had a space for every coin ever produced in the line.

Has anybody ever seen the framed sheet given to Kenner execs in the 80's with all the coins in it? It's really slick. There's a picture of it at toysrgus.

JEDIpartner
09-22-2006, 09:58 AM
Maybe you can use the extra space for your state quarters like me JP. & *shrug*

HAHAHA!!!! I love it!!!

"Vader... Luke... Obi-Wan... Jar Jar Binks... Iowa... Jawas... Kentucky..."

abell748
09-22-2006, 09:58 AM
I really like the album. Now I can put my POTF coins in something nicer than freeze frame slide holders. I want a set of the coins, but the line about having room for "promotional and convention" coins is a scary thing. I guess one will be at CIV? Maybe I'll buy the reissues for my sons and keep the coins. I just wish they would offer a set of the 60 basic figure coins with the folder.

DarkArtist
09-22-2006, 10:04 AM
My only thought is that I hope that the new coins are the same size as the old POTF ones.

abell748
09-22-2006, 10:09 AM
Good thought, I had not thought about that. Darn, now I have to trust Hasbro to do the right thing and make them the same size.

Jargo
09-22-2006, 10:41 AM
Is this aimed at kids or adult collectors? If it's aimed at kids then it's about 30 years outmoded. Maybe if they'd been credit cards or cell phone top up cards they might have appealed to kids. To me it's all just a bunch of more junk and clutter that you get with a figure and toss aside. Especially if it's just one more gimmick to sell more repacks. There again with a company whose mascot is an outmoded toy seeing coin collecting come up as a gimmick bound to bomb isn't too surprising.

jjreason
09-22-2006, 11:07 AM
I think you're being facetious (sp?) Jargo, but I'll answer anyhow - it's totally aimed at 32-35yr old geeks like me..... but I'm not going to fall for it. I didn't collect the original POTF line however many millions of years ago, and I have no concern about getting all the coins from next years figures. The inclusion of the nice stands this year was more successful by far in convincing me to buy repacks than these coins will be.

Damn, I LOVE them stands..... :love:

JEDIpartner
09-22-2006, 11:54 AM
I'm going to miss those stands as well. :(

Qui-Gon... Tusken Raider... Greedo... Indiana... Anakin... Florida... Bib Fortuna...

Jargo
09-22-2006, 12:55 PM
me facetious? nooooo never...

Slicker
09-22-2006, 01:10 PM
me facetious? nooooo never...Oh, hush up and get in your Elmo suit...

Padme...Clone Trooper...Michigan...Lando...New York...

JEDIpartner
09-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Yeah... Elmo suit!!! NOW!!!!

Padme... Georgia... Wicket W. Warrick... Chewbacca... Minnesota...

Bobby Fett
09-22-2006, 03:18 PM
It's worse than you think. There'll be a Canadian release that holds Canadian quarters, and a European release that holds Euros, and an exclusive that holds Republic credits. :D

Slicker
09-22-2006, 03:32 PM
Then you've got the Yen, Mark, Ruble...it goes on and on.

R2...Wuher...Idaho...Yoda...Colorado...

JEDIpartner
09-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Ooooh...!!!! I finally got a California!!!! Oh! No... wait... Poit! It's just another Leia. Narf. :(

Kidhuman
09-22-2006, 05:05 PM
Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Maine, Yoda, Georgia....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-22-2006, 05:09 PM
I think this is pretty cool. It's a nicer way to display the coins we'll be getting than to simply have them laying around everywhere.

I like the mural, and how (from the small sample shown) it appears to go from Episode I to VI, left to right.

The packaging appears to be a mock-up (note how Vader is just standing in the bubble with no tray), but I wonder if the actual figure's card will be separate from the rest of it? Anyway, it looks like they're pushing the Evolutions Vader on us AGAIN, but at least it's not Mr. 500.

Now we also know how the bubble will sit on the package (though it's kind of hard to completely tell since the top half of the card is obscured by the packaging). It looks like they tried to make the bubble all angular and cutting-edge just like the packaging . . . it has too many edges and will be hard to get off but at least it doesn't wrap around to the back anymore.

I like how Vader is #1 in the line, though. :)

2-1B
09-23-2006, 09:46 AM
This is awesome, I bought one yesterday and I already found Slicker's Mom's coin slot. ;)

Slicker
09-23-2006, 10:18 AM
This is awesome, I bought one yesterday and I already found Slicker's Mom's coin slot. ;)HA!! What little you know. She's like the new slot machines. Either it's paper money or go home!!!

JEDIpartner
09-26-2006, 02:24 PM
Oh, goody! It looks like another modified 500th Figure Vader repack!! I'm glad they put up the preview so I can avoid this one altogether!!!

Kidhuman
09-26-2006, 05:46 PM
HA!! What little you know. She's like the new slot machines. Either it's paper money or go home!!!

Do you get change from the paper money if it is inserted?&

Blue2th
09-26-2006, 06:03 PM
So does anyone know what the coins are made of? This might get me excited about them if they are metal. Unless they are plastic as I suspect.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-26-2006, 06:07 PM
According to the Hasbro site it isn't just an EE exclusive, which is good.

Slicker
09-26-2006, 06:11 PM
So does anyone know what the coins are made of? This might get me excited about them if they are metal. Unless they are plastic as I suspect.
I would have to assume that they're metal. Why would they be cheap plastic? I realize it's Hasbro but even they know they can't just fob that off on us.&

2-1B
09-26-2006, 06:35 PM
I'll bet all the real coins in my pocket right now that the Hasbro coins will not be metal.

Blue2th
09-26-2006, 07:01 PM
It'll be living tissue over poly metal alloy endoskeleton. Looking at the high rez pics, they look too detailed to be plastic. Hope they're heavy like the ROTS DVD coin. Maybe we'll see a variation of gold ones, half way through.:ninja:

2-1B
09-26-2006, 07:06 PM
Might as well bronze 'em up while we're talkin' variants, eh ? lol

dindae
09-26-2006, 08:11 PM
There is already one gold/bronze coin in the picture.

Jayspawn
09-28-2006, 12:10 PM
Gonna pass. I wont collect all 60 figures anyways and I'll only pick up a few of them.

Darth Cruel
09-28-2006, 01:27 PM
Of all of the pack-ins that Hasbro has done on Star Wars figures...my own opinion is that coins are THE lamest of all. Coins are lamer than Jar Jar Binks figures with action features and no articulation. I will buy all of the figures because I am a completist...and I will buy extra troop-builders because that is who I am...but the coins will be used in some of the 1 million wishing pools at Sea World instead of worthwhile coins.

El Chuxter
09-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Coins are lamer than Jar Jar Binks figures with action features and no articulation.

But is it a gorg-tossing feature or a feature wherein he sticks out his tongue when one pushes a button on his back? Therein lies the true question.

2-1B
09-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Somebody please save DC's post in the event that Hasbro starts packing in Jar Jar Binks figures with action features and no articulation in the future. lol

abell748
09-30-2006, 03:56 AM
There is already one gold/bronze coin in the picture.

I wonder if that will be the colors for the convention and exclusive coins that Hasbro spoke of. That would make them easier to tell apart from the regular figure coins.

jonthejedi
10-02-2006, 03:33 AM
Is this coin album & Vader#1 going to be available at reg. retail ala Target, WalMart, TRU, etc. or just online at EE, ShopSW.com, etc?? Has anyone found an answer to this yet? Maybe Hasbro hasn't decided.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-02-2006, 04:47 PM
As I already stated in this thread, Hasbro's site says that it will be available "in stores" and makes no mention of it being an exclusive.

JEDIpartner
05-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Does it appear that NO ONE really gives a toss about this P.O.S.?

I see them just sitting for weeks and weeks without a single one getting sold.

JediTricks
05-01-2007, 02:28 PM
I bought one on clearance last week and still haven't paid it any attention. It's just an underwhelming figure with an empty book.

Kidhuman
05-01-2007, 05:48 PM
I picked one up because I wanna hang it backwards. The art work is pretty nice on the otehr side. I have another hidden at Target awaiting it to drop below 5 bucks on clearance before I get it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-01-2007, 06:11 PM
I've had one for a few weeks. It'll look nice with all the coins in it, but unfortunately I haven't found any figures since a few days after I got the album. :cry:

UKWildcat
05-04-2007, 08:10 AM
I snagged one of the Vader coin albums this morning ($5 at Target). I have no idea what I'm going to do with it either.

Kidhuman
05-04-2007, 01:28 PM
Hang the coin album backwards, nice piece of art work.

figrin bran
05-04-2007, 09:53 PM
if i see this for $5 at target, i'll probably pick one up. although i won't go out of my way to complete a coin set, i've got a lot of the galactic marine and airborne trooper coins lying around. it'd be nice to have something to put them in.

Kidhuman
05-05-2007, 05:37 AM
I am not getting all the coins either, but have one to put copins in and one to display the picture on the other side

JediTricks
05-05-2007, 04:19 PM
I finally opened this thing, I didn't want to rip the top so I cut the tape on the sides - it was a little hard to get the stuff out of there, but I finally got the album out and then it was the figure that just didn't want to leave. The cardback bio for Vader is so over the top it's painful, one of the worst-written cardback bios in years. The album is nothing special IMO, it feels like it'll die in a year or so because it's just cheap cardboard with a big shiny thick sticker holding everything together. Nothing special here.

Hang the coin album backwards, nice piece of art work.Well, the right half anyway. ;) The left half is all prequels and bleh to that. Strangely, Palpatine appears more than any character on this thing except Anakin/Vader, what's the deal with that?

figrin bran
05-05-2007, 09:45 PM
i just got one today...unfortunately it was $6.98 but since they were down to 2 at most of the Targets i went to, i decided to get one.

haven't opened it yet but now i'm dying to read the cardback bio for Vader. could it possibly top the Titanium Invisible Hand "hot death" write up?

JEDIpartner
05-06-2007, 10:20 AM
They were marked down to $3.98 at the Target I visited Friday night.