PDA

View Full Version : Why is this news?

El Chuxter
09-23-2006, 10:33 AM
From AP via Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060922/ap_on_bi_ge/starbucks_prices_10):

Starbucks to raise coffee drinks prices

SEATTLE - Got three bucks? That and a nickel will buy you a coffee drink at Starbucks.

Starbucks Corp. said Thursday that it planned to raise prices of its lattes, cappuccinos, drip coffee and other drinks by 5 cents, or an average of 1.9 percent.

The increase, which goes into effect Oct. 3 at all company-operated stores in the U.S. and Canada, will mark the first time the company has boosted drink prices in two years.

Starbucks also is increasing the price of its coffee beans by about 50 cents per pound, or an average of 3.9 percent. That's the first price increase for whole beans in nine years, spokeswoman Valerie O'Neil said.

The news was all over this last night, even moreso than a story about the capture of bin Laden would be had it happened. Whoopdiefreakingdoo. They raise prices a nickel after two years? Why wasn't it a frigging national tragedy when Taco Bell raised their prices twenty cents a few years ago? My God, how did we ever survive when McDonald's got rid of the Filet O' Fish for a while and then brought it back at twice the original price?

:rolleyes:

Luuuuuuke
09-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Yeah, that's silly news. If it was just about any other company raising their price a nickel, the news wouldn't touch it.

Kidhuman
09-23-2006, 11:20 AM
I hate Starbucks anyways&

2-1B
09-23-2006, 11:56 AM
"When I was your age, frankfurters only cost a nickel."

Jargo
09-23-2006, 01:39 PM
I've never been in a Starbucks. Cafe Nero suits me.