PDA

View Full Version : I officially hate "Heroes & Villains" line. How about you?

JEDIpartner
09-25-2006, 11:03 AM
I officially hate this line. It seem that all the retailers in the area just keep restocking their sold out Saga selections with these. This is horrid!!!! Rather than getting cases of new Saga figures, we are sitting on loads and loads of Artoos, Threepios, Vaders and an occasional Padme. This line was a colossally stupid thing. They should have just put out the rare figures from ROTS in this line and called it a day. :mad:

Battle Droid
09-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Yeah, if they'd stock just the clones it'd be great.

El Chuxter
09-25-2006, 12:01 PM
I was in WM earlier, and a Greatest Battles Wookiee said, "I officially hate JediPartner. How about you?" It was weird. I didn't know they still made CommTechs.

Battle Droid
09-25-2006, 12:15 PM
Did he say it in basic?

JEDIpartner
09-25-2006, 12:28 PM
Yeah, if they'd stock just the clones it'd be great.

The "concept" of Padme in this line is great as is Artoo BUT-- the reality is that Padme was pretty much a pegwarmer and we're getting better Artoos in most of the waves in the Saga Collection. I think the Vader would be fine in this particular line except for the fact that we are sitting on Vaders from the Saga Hoth wave still. Now that those are finally dwindling, we've got loads of Bespin Vaders sitting on the pegs. *sigh* Terrible!

I was in WM earlier, and a Greatest Battles Wookiee said, "I officially hate JediPartner. How about you?" It was weird. I didn't know they still made CommTechs.

That's not very nice, you know. :(

dindae
09-25-2006, 12:31 PM
I hope that this is just a temporary clog. I didn't think they needed to do 3 waves of these. I definately would have made some different selections but even though there are 3 varieties of Vader on the shelf and soon to be a fourth some how they will sell. I only wish I could say the same for Lushros Dofine and Ki-Adi holo. As far as JediPartner goes, I never see him on the shelves. I think that Wookie just hates EU figures. :p

JEDIpartner
09-25-2006, 12:42 PM
Yeah... I think one or two waves at the most would have been sufficient.

El Chuxter
09-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Hey, talk to the Wookiee. I'm only conveying his message.& :D

JEDIpartner
09-25-2006, 01:06 PM
Hey, talk to the Wookiee. I'm only conveying his message.& :D

Yeah... well, I'm sitting here at my desk at work and feeling bad.&

:mad:

JON9000
09-25-2006, 02:02 PM
I don't have a problem with the concept, because it keeps main characters that kids want on the pegs. I'm a little surprised at the choices, I mean, are kids really dying for C-3PO or Padme when their roles in ROTS were ancillary at best?

JediTricks
09-25-2006, 02:51 PM
Both the rehash-the-ROTS-line entries in the TSC line suck, Greatest Battles and Heroes & Villains - they shipped WAY too much of this crap, and a lot of the figure choices are downright poor leading to pegwarming, even the non-sucky figures like 3PO are pegwarming because they're overpriced and don't come with enough accessories and we've all seen them too recently. These entries should have been minimalistic and favored the best molds from the line, not just any old crap they thought they could push on kids.

JEDIpartner
09-25-2006, 02:57 PM
My friend Bruce and I were talking about this on Saturday. It was too much of the same thing much too soon.

Jaff
09-25-2006, 03:36 PM
Although I really loath these rehashes, I do understand them. If they just would have offered something differently like the stands to the figures with their name on it. That would have been at least something.

I will say that had these figures not been released than the Endor waves would be quadrupled in quantity and we would hate that wave by now. It's better to hate these more.

JEDIpartner
09-25-2006, 07:02 PM
Either that or the Naboo wave would have already been hitting the shelves!

Slicker
09-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Either that or the Naboo wave would have already been hitting the shelves!Not sure if you remember but I think the Naboo wave is a WM exclusive one so if you're mad at Target then it's not on them.

Kidhuman
09-25-2006, 07:23 PM
The Naboo wave isnt a WM exclusive, it has been found at TRU.

As for this wave GD3, I hate it also, all I see are preggers Padme. &

2-1B
09-25-2006, 10:46 PM
I also think this is a poorly conceived and executed repack line.

InsaneJediGirl
09-25-2006, 11:07 PM
I've seen a few of the common packs. Nothing to get excited over,just a bunch of rehashes that have been hashed to death ;)

Darth Jax
09-26-2006, 12:50 AM
the line-up wasn't put together very well. release cases of heavily packed clones/commanders (the army builders) and 1 alien/1 droid/1 hero figure and it would go much better. i've picked up several shocktroopers, clones, and 501st troopers cause i can't get enough of them. R2, 3PO, padme, etc are worthless and just clogging the pegs now.

Tycho
09-26-2006, 04:44 AM
How to do E3 rehash cases:

2 Anakins - yup - you hardly see him on pegs and kids want him first if they have no SW figs.

2 Obi-Wans - ditto the above.

1 Padme - this is OK - she's supposed to be a major character. Maybe she'll pegwarm. I don't see that, but....

1 Mace

1 Dooku

1 Grievous - still the new villain on the block - he's popular. The 4-arm attack figure was the one to put out there.

1 SA Clone Utopau

1 SA Clone 501st Legion

1 Battle Droid (sometimes pack SBDs or DDs)

1 other kind of Battle Droid (Reg. SBD, or DD)

Pick the pegwarmer now! - OK it might be Padme. Cody might be too soon to be a substitution. A Wookiee might be possible - but they should switch him out between the Sneak Preview one and the later one they spun several paint job variations for.

But everything a kid needs to play Star Wars is essentially here. And if they want "other figures," they can take Lushros Dofine and Holo Ki-Adi Mundi home with them. But you know if they don't have any SW toys, they came in the store for Obi-Wan and Anakin.

TheDarthVader
09-26-2006, 11:16 AM
I agree. They should have come up with a new wave of figures or packed more clones. We could have had two brand new waves instead of the two waves of greatest hits. &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

JediTricks
09-26-2006, 04:38 PM
2 Anakins - yup - you hardly see him on pegs and kids want him first if they have no SW figs.But they only release ROTS #2 which lives up to its number, he looks like he took a dump in his pants, and his head sculpt is WAY off the mark. They could at least do a repaint of ROTS #28 instead, not a great figure but better than #2. Still, 1 per case is more than enough.

1 Padme - this is OK - she's supposed to be a major character. Maybe she'll pegwarm. I don't see that, but....First, she's not a major character in the movie, she does almost nothing at all in it and is more of a plot device than a character. Second, this figure is starting to pegwarm pretty bad up here... AGAIN!

JEDIpartner
09-28-2006, 12:31 PM
First, she's not a major character in the movie, she does almost nothing at all in it and is more of a plot device than a character. Second, this figure is starting to pegwarm pretty bad up here... AGAIN!

See??? I'm not the only one who's had this problem!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

BoShek
09-28-2006, 12:47 PM
Other than the many Vaders, everyone else has been selling really well. Kids must love the bigger stars.

dindae
09-28-2006, 01:37 PM
See??? I'm not the only one who's had this problem!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

When did you become a plot device?

dindae
10-04-2006, 08:48 AM
So I go to my local Wally World and see the same figures warming the pegs. No surprise. Then walking away I see the new unleashed figure so I walk over to take a closer look. As I get closer I see a huge display of figures in cardboard display that hold a case each. I quickly walk over and excitedly rumage through the displays to find that all 9 cases are crappy mix of Heroes and Villians and Endor. Then yesterday I go to my other Wal-Mart and sure enough another huge endcap of the same figures. So I guess I will have to wait until the Target reset to get anything new around here unless TRU gets it in. Hell I may start hitting Kmart for a while.:tired:

JEDIpartner
10-04-2006, 09:44 AM
So I go to my local Wally World and see the same figures warming the pegs. No surprise. Then walking away I see the new unleashed figure so I walk over to take a closer look. As I get closer I see a huge display of figures in cardboard display that hold a case each. I quickly walk over and excitedly rumage through the displays to find that all 9 cases are crappy mix of Heroes and Villians and Endor. Then yesterday I go to my other Wal-Mart and sure enough another huge endcap of the same figures. So I guess I will have to wait until the Target reset to get anything new around here unless TRU gets it in. Hell I may start hitting Kmart for a while.:tired:

I guess that was the moment I became a plot device. ;)

Old Fossil
10-04-2006, 10:55 AM
Yep, one wave of this was fine. Two, pushing it a little. Three, big mistake. There are currently 2 versions of Vader & C-3PO on the pegs at my WM, hiding a number of Lushros Dofine, holo Ki-Adi, Major Derlin, and Moff Jerjerrod. Heck, even the white Clone and Shocktrooper are sitting.

I doubt that I'll ever see the Naboo wave around here. Ebay, here I come! (Again!):tired:

Tycho
10-06-2006, 10:58 AM
I go to eBay or an online e-tailer as a very last resort. I certainly will wait until several years after a wave shipped and I never find enough.

Remember the Naboo Royal Guard? (the one with removeable helmet?) I wanted 35 of those, approximately.

I only found about 12-14 of them at retail in 1999. In 2000 and 2001 I kept looking, hoping lost cases would show up even at KB or something. I think they did as perhaps some of my 12-14 arrived that way. Then in 2002 the AOTC craze was hitting and there wasn't as much demand for TPM stuff at all any more. I found an e-tailer then who was selling European tri-logo NRG's for $18 each. I wrote him and offered $10 each I think, letting him know I'd buy 20 of them or more, so he'd get a $200 purchase from me at least. I got the rest of my NRGs and the dealer could stop listing them on eBay or whatever.

I won't buy from auctions or dealers or whatever until well after the fact. What if Naboo / Endor II hits en masse for X-mas? Won't you feel like a sucker then? If you're going to pay a higher price, you have plenty of time to pay a higher price.

El Chuxter
10-06-2006, 11:05 AM
Now I know why I couldn't find the Naboo Guard. :p

jedi master sal
10-06-2006, 11:12 AM
I too, only found a few NRG at retail. I go to a Toy convention about 3 times a year. It's during then that I look for deals. I was able to buy up a bunch of NRG's for the amazing price of $4, because they were loose!!! then there was alsot the battle pack that came out awhile ago. Got some more there.

I still don't have enough of those guys, maybe 20. But they'll do for now. Though I'm ALWAYS looking for more...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-06-2006, 11:18 AM
I had to chuckle yesterday at my local TRU as there was a Hasbro vendor there and she was filling the pegs with new stuff.......well, two of the three rows of pegs were pretty full and the top row was half full.......and she fills them.....with three cases.....of the EXACT SAME CASE! Hey, sweet, more dooku's, more Vaders! I just giggled in disgust and walked away.

Thank God for online stores as that's how wave 7 is on its way to me at the moment. :crazed:

El Chuxter
10-06-2006, 11:24 AM
I ended up getting both the Naboo Guard and the Falumpaset through an Entertainment Earth "scratch and dent" sale. Funny, both were in far better condition than 99.99% of the toys I can find in stores.

JediTricks
10-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Good news everybody! Hasbro is completely screwing us over again next year with this same tactic... oh wait, that's not good news at all:
Potf2.com: The Collection numbers are noticeably absent from TSC line. Will we see them return, or are they gone forever?

Hasbro: We walked away from the Collection 1/2 separation after 2005 because we felt that we could manage the basic figure business from one powerful SKU (85770, or the Saga Collection). What quickly proved to be the case after holiday 2005 was that demand far outstripped supply and we still could not keep up even with 85770 running at maximum capacity. We looked for another basic figure solution to bring more to the shelf, and especially more Episode III which kids still want in high degrees, and thus the 87181 Greatest Battle/Heroes and Villains line was born. It sort of is a C1/2 strategy, but we didn't call them as such because 87181 consists of 100% existing figures so the analogy of C1/2 didn't follow through. We are now looking to do the exact same thing in '07 because of continued high basic figure demand. This will mean there will be two basic figure assortments next year, with a 100% New/Refresh line (87500, the 30th) and a 100% existing line. We're looking for fan input on some of the character selections and the details on how this will take place will be announced soon.Look, I have no problem with refreshing the pegs with older product but there has to be some sense of rationality about it, 2 things should be taken into consideration:

A) will the heavy shipments of these cases affect the new product line?
B) does anybody actually want these figures again?
If either answer is "yes" then it's time to rethink the assortment. If both answers are "yes" then it's time to scrap the program and start over. This reeks of 1985, the year of endless junk where you couldn't find anything new and good, just obscure aliens and stuff nobody wanted that much of.

dindae
10-06-2006, 07:10 PM
They put up a voting option on rebelscum. They are starting with POTF2 and having weekly votes. As I posted there I have no interest in buying any of those figures again with the possible exception of a Commtech Stormtrooper. I can seem some figures selling better than other but so many of the POTF2 scuplts are just crap in comparison to today's figures so hopefully more will be chosen from later lines. Over all I can't see too many figure I would want to buy

VOTC Stormie
AOTC Clone Pilot
Red Battle Droid
Greivous Bodygaurd (white version)
Gungan warrior
Covert Ops Trooper (only because I missed it although I would hate to see it warming the pegs)
Regular Battle Droid (maybe)
Utapau Clone (maybe)

I'm sure there are others that I might pick up but they aren't anything I have plans to pick up like the first five on my list.

LTBasker
10-06-2006, 08:14 PM
My Wal-Mart keeps stocking them even though it's the same ones over and over, though I actually found one of the green Clone Commanders but it didn't have the hologram I needed. Bummer.

Now they are literally overflowing with these things, they are stacking them on the top pegs now. I've seen leftovers of the new Endor wave at 2 different Wal-Marts, but theres no space at any of them for a large stocking of them. Especially not here.

And they want to repeat this bull in '07?

Tycho
10-06-2006, 09:24 PM
They want to make "the basic 25" or so available to newbies. I for one do not buy resculpts or re-releases of them, but if I owned absolutely NO SW figures, I wouldnt want Lushros Dofine. However, if I could start a collection over, I'd want as much variety as possible, but I'd want Anakin and Obi-Wan first. Hence their strategy. The basic 25 or so are:

1 Han
2 Luke
3 Leia
4 Chewie
5 Obi-Wan
6 C-3PO
7 R2D2
8 Darth
9 Lando
10 Yoda
11 Boba Fett
12 Palpatine
13 Qui-Gon
14 Anakin
15 Padme
16 Maul
17 JarJar
18 Mace
19 Jango
20 Dooku
21 General Grievous
22 some kind of trooper (OT or PT)
23 some kind of Battle Droid
24 some kind of Rebel
25 some kind of Imperial

I probably forgot something or someone, but if you had NO figures, these would be the first you'd want if you were going to start.

I'm fine for them not expending tooling costs on new versions of the above (except that they overlook obvious ones like Luke, Leia, & Lando from the end of ESB that no one has and that would sell if offered :rolleyes: )

So if they recard or keep re-shipping these obvious ones, each newbie that buys might take a Lushros Dofine amongst other figures to accessorize their collection with. Then there will be room on the pegs for Young Owen and Young Beru and other figures I want.

Bacta Beast
10-06-2006, 09:52 PM
They put up a voting option on rebelscum. They are starting with POTF2 and having weekly votes. As I posted there I have no interest in buying any of those figures again with the possible exception of a Commtech Stormtrooper. I can seem some figures selling better than other but so many of the POTF2 scuplts are just crap in comparison to today's figures so hopefully more will be chosen from later lines. Over all I can't see too many figure I would want to buy

VOTC Stormie
AOTC Clone Pilot
Red Battle Droid
Greivous Bodygaurd (white version)
Gungan warrior
Covert Ops Trooper (only because I missed it although I would hate to see it warming the pegs)
Regular Battle Droid (maybe)
Utapau Clone (maybe)

I'm glad they're letting us vote on these, but I wish they would do away with the inferior molds of characters that have better ones in exist now. For example the AOTC Clone Pilot, and the POTF2 Commtech Stormtrooper. Why not demand the best and ask for the "Evolutions" pilot and VOTC Stormie everytime? I just don't have any love at all for either of those previous models since they were improved upon.

LTBasker
10-07-2006, 02:29 AM
They want to make "the basic 25" or so available to newbies. I for one do not buy resculpts or re-releases of them, but if I owned absolutely NO SW figures, I wouldnt want Lushros Dofine. However, if I could start a collection over, I'd want as much variety as possible, but I'd want Anakin and Obi-Wan first. Hence their strategy. The basic 25 or so are:

1 Han
2 Luke
3 Leia
4 Chewie
5 Obi-Wan
6 C-3PO
7 R2D2
8 Darth
9 Lando
10 Yoda
11 Boba Fett
12 Palpatine
13 Qui-Gon
14 Anakin
15 Padme
16 Maul
17 JarJar
18 Mace
19 Jango
20 Dooku
21 General Grievous
22 some kind of trooper (OT or PT)
23 some kind of Battle Droid
24 some kind of Rebel
25 some kind of Imperial

I probably forgot something or someone, but if you had NO figures, these would be the first you'd want if you were going to start.

I'm fine for them not expending tooling costs on new versions of the above (except that they overlook obvious ones like Luke, Leia, & Lando from the end of ESB that no one has and that would sell if offered :rolleyes: )

So if they recard or keep re-shipping these obvious ones, each newbie that buys might take a Lushros Dofine amongst other figures to accessorize their collection with. Then there will be room on the pegs for Young Owen and Young Beru and other figures I want.

Your 25 is off though, Lando hasn't seen a basic figure release since the OTC line, Jar-Jar hasn't been released since POTJ and Qui-Gon hasn't been released since Saga. That aside though, you could easily split all that in battlepacks to be rereleased over and over again instead of clogging multiple lines with repacks.

So even if Lushros is taking up some peg space, there would be free peg space to stock your new figures while the repacks are available to kids in multipacks. If figures are $7 each and 5 figure battlepacks are $20-25, what do you think parents are going to see as the better deal for their kid?

figrin bran
10-07-2006, 02:48 AM
dindae, that commtech stormie has been repacked a few times already in saga 1, in the target cup sets and some of the TRU saga multi packs. are you sure you want it again???

speaking for myself, i want no part of any POTF2 repacks. i fear that if they do that, they'll just keep on doing it the next year as well. and if you really did want figures from that line, most are very affordable on online auctions and other places.

C5Jedi
10-07-2006, 04:13 AM
I've said this before - but this is why Hasbro is turning off many customers with their product. The same rehashed figures/vehicles/ etc over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

After buying literally everything Star Wars from the original Kenner line through Hasbro's - I'm getting tired of collecting the same item over and over... I'm about ready to completely switch collecting over to props and other higher end items - not giving a single $ to Hasbro any longer. I've noticed a lot of SW Hasbro collections for sale on ebay the past few months. Others are getting tired of the repetitive production of 18 different c-3po's and 26 different Vaders........ The excuse that it gives kids a chance to get their favorite characters is laughable. When Sith came out their favorite characters (vader/C-3po/etc) were all readily available at retail. I don't know one single child who couldn't find his/her favorite figure during the initial release.

Sales of SW Toys have dropped.. I wonder why... lol

I can't wait for the 2007 Hasbro Line - Do you think we might get a R2-D2 figure?

Tycho
10-07-2006, 08:07 AM
That aside though, you could easily split all that in battlepacks to be rereleased over and over again instead of clogging multiple lines with repacks.
So even if Lushros is taking up some peg space, there would be free peg space to stock your new figures while the repacks are available to kids in multipacks. If figures are $7 each and 5 figure battlepacks are $20-25, what do you think parents are going to see as the better deal for their kid?

I completely agree with you Basker. I'll play Devil's Advocate here for a moment though: what about newbie carded collectors? They'll need a lot of that basic 25. Kids can become carded collectors too. But yeah, I think the Battle Packs are a great way to start off youngsters who are going to play with these out of the packaging.

Bacta Beast
10-07-2006, 10:21 AM
dindae, that commtech stormie has been repacked a few times already in saga 1, in the target cup sets and some of the TRU saga multi packs. are you sure you want it again???

and don't forget the "Imperial Throne Room" and "Rebel Vs. Empire" battle packs as well as the Lucas Trooper! I want no more of that scuplt and I'm even willing to sell or trade the ones that I have. The VOTC sculpt is much better and I wich Hasbro would just through away all other molds!

Speaking for myself, i want no part of any POTF2 repacks. i fear that if they do that, they'll just keep on doing it the next year as well. and if you really did want figures from that line, most are very affordable on online auctions and other places.

Well, you speak for me on this one also! No more "He-Man" sculpts! I really ticks me off when they choose to re-issue an inferior sculpt when better molds are available. For example, the Target and TRU exclusive Tie's. First of all these tease us with pictures of the 2004 "saga" version, and when they choose not to include that one, they didn't even give us at least the version based on the POTF mold that included articulated knees! What a slap!!!

Personally I'm looking forward to the collector tins because I'd like a couple extras of the Evolutions figures. I intended to get a couple extras when they were out but I had to spend so much on getting to clones (both sinlge carded and "Evolutions") because they were going so fast, that when I could slow down and look back for extras of the Anakin and Sith sets, they were gone. Sure I could get then on "E-Stink", but it's so much more fun to walk into a store and find what I want on a shelf. Now if they where re-issueing them single carded, that would be even better!!

But I don't know how I feel about some of the more over used scuplts like the "ROTS" SAP Obi-Wan. Hey I love the sulpt! I bought three when it first came out! Though I wouldn't have if I had known he was to be re-issued three time! First in the "Seperation of the Twins", again in the last saga line and the UGH, and now once again in the 30th anniverary line. Granted with a new head sculpt. But how many copies of that Obi-Wan scuplt do we need, when they still haven't given us a decent Ep.I or Ep.II version yet?!!!!! yet I'm a sucker for each one as they keep changing the accessories or parts of the scuplt. Without the "Sith" version you won't have the best version of the Jedi headsets (but I sure wouldn't miss the "cloak"). Of the course the next version featured "baby" Luke. And the "Saga" version looked great with the soft goods cloak and included a stand (wich all of the figures should have)!! Now they're luring us in with different accessories and a new head sculpt!!:mad:

Kidhuman
10-07-2006, 11:05 AM
They just packed out anohter 3 cases of this crap with the already pegwarming GB wave here. God, I hate repacks, they wont sell for poodoo. All clones are even warming now

angry isobars&:beard:

pbarnard
10-07-2006, 01:41 PM
My only hope is the idiots on the Rebelscum forrums who are going to select the Best of Line for 07 do pick the VOTC figures...

Course that is asking a lot.

JediTricks
10-07-2006, 03:01 PM
After seeing that they were going to continue this "greatest hits" policy, I got frustrated and added a question to this week's Questions-Voting thread (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=32955) about the shabby shape the SW aisles are in due to these Greatest Hits lines, the question is #35, it needs votes, here's the text:
Buyers have long suffered basic figure case assortments that cause more collecting problems than they solve, whether they be cases trying to refresh older product, focus on unpopular figures across multiple cases, or an extended lack of focus on popular figures - even a perception of intentional shortpacking (and I don't mean chase figures like UGH, that's a separate can of worms). Case revisions often don't do enough to remedy the problem, sometimes making it even worse. Currently, the "Greatest Battles" and "Heroes & Villains" older-figure assortments are in heavy rotation and are choking off shelfspace for actual new assortments in many markets. Nearly every Target, Toys R Us, and Wal-mart is stuffed with those figures which move much slower and have no room to put out the newest TSC wave, Endor 2/The Phantom Menace. Now Hasbro is saying this "greatest hits" style of assortment will be continuing next year. Why are new-product case assortments still such a problem, what is Hasbro doing to deal with the problems beyond simple case revisions, and - understanding that there is some need for older figures to keep a continued presence on shelves - how will the current problems of the "greatest hits" assortment be addressed?
I really don't have a problem with the IDEA of these things, but Hasbro has no idea what actually is worth putting out again - nearly the entire ROTS line is out again and a lot of it isn't worth buying, that Padme is a perfect example; and even those that are worth buying are not well-thought-out, it was foolish to put out ROTS 3PO when the superior Endor 3PO was hitting at the same time, now there's TONS of that ROTS 3PO. They need to be more minimalistic with these or it's going to be POTF '85 all over again. And they need to make better figure choices based on products folks actually want rather than just burning off an unpopular mold, like exploding Grievous??? And if you're going to bother with refreshing figures, how about correcting or improving paint jobs and/or accessories?

LTBasker
10-07-2006, 03:44 PM
I completely agree with you Basker. I'll play Devil's Advocate here for a moment though: what about newbie carded collectors? They'll need a lot of that basic 25. Kids can become carded collectors too. But yeah, I think the Battle Packs are a great way to start off youngsters who are going to play with these out of the packaging.

That's definitely understandable and cycling repacks into the main line wouldn't be a bad thing casually, but as we can see right now kids don't need 3 different Vaders flooding the pegs at once.

I really don't have a problem with the IDEA of these things, but Hasbro has no idea what actually is worth putting out again - nearly the entire ROTS line is out again and a lot of it isn't worth buying, that Padme is a perfect example; and even those that are worth buying are not well-thought-out, it was foolish to put out ROTS 3PO when the superior Endor 3PO was hitting at the same time, now there's TONS of that ROTS 3PO. They need to be more minimalistic with these or it's going to be POTF '85 all over again. And they need to make better figure choices based on products folks actually want rather than just burning off an unpopular mold, like exploding Grievous??? And if you're going to bother with refreshing figures, how about correcting or improving paint jobs and/or accessories?

Exactly, a bunch of the figures released in Heroes and Villains were even hard to get rid of during the ROTS line and thus completely pointless. The 501st and Shock Troopers should have been in the first wave along with figures like the Wookiee Gunner, R4-P17, Holo Aayla, etc.

Bacta Beast
10-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Y'know I can't help but wonder... if Hasbro had chosen to re-issue the SA sculpt clones from the Target "Skirmish in the Senate" pack instead of the action-feature one they chose, would they be setting on pegs so long?

Anyway, I have to make an apology for one of my previous rants Hasbro choosing inferior sculpts for re-release. Well, a partial apology anyway. Specifically, the current TRU TIE-Fighter. I was at my local TRU last night, and was shocked to see that all four of the Ties they've stocked since I bought mine, include the "Saga" sculpt version of the Tie pilot. That's right! Running production change boyos!!! So Hasbro got smart on this one, I just wish thay would have done that before I bought mine!:mad:

Kidhuman
10-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Exchange it, buy a new one and repack the old one, even if its just the figure, why get burned on it because Hasbro muffed it.

Bacta Beast
10-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Actually, I went back with my reciept and explained the situation. The gal at the desk was very accomodating and they let me swap the figures. I didn't want someone to think that they found one that someone was trying to pull a scam with.

JON9000
10-08-2006, 09:32 PM
I think the real problem isn't repacks, it's that they aren't repacking the *right* figures!

We can all vote for the next greatest hits line at RS. Would everyone scoff at Evolutions, VOTC, and SA Clonetroopers being repacked at the $6 price point? I think not. Hasbro has a fair number of truly magnificent figures they can repack at this juncture, and I would love it if they would do so.

dindae
10-08-2006, 09:49 PM
I'm glad they're letting us vote on these, but I wish they would do away with the inferior molds of characters that have better ones in exist now. For example the AOTC Clone Pilot, and the POTF2 Commtech Stormtrooper. Why not demand the best and ask for the "Evolutions" pilot and VOTC Stormie everytime? I just don't have any love at all for either of those previous models since they were improved upon.

The only reason I would want the clone pilot from the carded AOTC is the fact that he comes with the side turret. Even as out of scale as they are I would like to out fit the 3 other gunships I now have with them. The figure is really just going to be sitting in the cockpit so the improvements are not going to be appreciated for my uses.

speaking for myself, i want no part of any POTF2 repacks. i fear that if they do that, they'll just keep on doing it the next year as well. and if you really did want figures from that line, most are very affordable on online auctions and other places.

Let me clarify. I would much rather have the VOTC version which is why it is on my list and the Commtech is not. However if it was on the pegs I may be tempted to pick one up where as all other POTF2 figures I have absolutely no use for.

Sales of SW Toys have dropped.. I wonder why... lol

Yes they have dropped but not as much as Hasbro expected which is why they sold through the original series of figures they were planning on and scrambles to put together the 22 repaint/rehash figures to end 2006. So Hasbro I probably thinking they are the bees knees right now and could care less about collector's moaning and groaning.

Bacta Beast
10-08-2006, 10:03 PM
The only reason I would want the clone pilot from the carded AOTC is the fact that he comes with the side turret. Even as out of scale as they are I would like to out fit the 3 other gunships I now have with them. The figure is really just going to be sitting in the cockpit so the improvements are not going to be appreciated for my uses.

Ahhh, I see! Turrent love! Wouldn't it be cool if the re-issue the "Evolutions" pilot with the "AOTC" turrent?!!!:)

dindae
10-08-2006, 10:05 PM
Ahhh, I see! Turrent love! Wouldn't it be cool if the re-issue the "Evolutions" pilot with the "AOTC" turrent?!!!:)

Yes but that would be non linear thinking which isn't exactly Hasbro's strong point.

Bacta Beast
10-08-2006, 10:06 PM
I think the real problem isn't repacks, it's that they aren't repacking the *right* figures!

We can all vote for the next greatest hits line at RS. Would everyone scoff at Evolutions, VOTC, and SA Clonetroopers being repacked at the $6 price point? I think not. Hasbro has a fair number of truly magnificent figures they can repack at this juncture, and I would love it if they would do so.

That's another point!! They're re-issuing these figures at a higher price point than they were originally released at!!! Why in the world would someone want to pay $6.99 for the stupid Palpatine figure!!! Especially after they already re-released him in the Target battlepack!!!

Bacta Beast
10-08-2006, 10:08 PM
Yes but that would be non linear thinking which isn't exactly Hasbro's strong point.

That's why they need us!!:thumbsup:

JediTricks
10-08-2006, 10:44 PM
I think the real problem isn't repacks, it's that they aren't repacking the *right* figures!IMO, even the right figures in the wrong amounts can cause trouble, that ROTS Vader being rereleased now is a good figure for collectors and kids, yet it's choking the shelves around here.

We can all vote for the next greatest hits line at RS. Would everyone scoff at Evolutions, VOTC, and SA Clonetroopers being repacked at the $6 price point? I think not. Hasbro has a fair number of truly magnificent figures they can repack at this juncture, and I would love it if they would do so.I wouldn't scoff at them, but I would scoff at the 11 other figures in the case that Hasbro would throw in that wouldn't sell half as fast, then to get all the super-awesome figures into customers hands the stores will have to put out slower-moving product and thus clog shelves again.

And you're dreaming if you think Hasbro is gonna lower the price to these, the current Greatest Hits lines are $7 which is a buck more than they were when they first came out... as Bacta Beast just pointed out.

Tycho
10-09-2006, 04:13 AM
Incidentally, in Jaff's poll "The Best and Worst 1995-2007," I've been recording which of the figures I pick as the best from each wave in so far as:

best Luke
best Han
best Vader
etc.

My list will not even be totally accurate to my own preferences because sometimes a great figure comes out for a certain character (like the Theed Throne Queen) but I prefer another figure over it from that time period (like Mechanic Chewbacca) and the Queen doesn't get her just due. But at least it gives me some indication of what I thought were superior figures.

Jaff's poll will likely take those of us participating into next year (possibly), so I don't expect the results any time soon (for myself, let alone anyone else). But it's interesting.

Now I don't want to buy recarded versions of the figures I pick out as superior - I'm just arguing that they might do well with kids and newbies that may want these in future case assortments or especially in battle packs.

But we'll see how it all turns out, eh?