PDA

View Full Version : "Heroes" on NBC- getting great write-ups. Will you tune in?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Mad Slanted Powers
08-22-2007, 02:37 PM
I thought the same thing. Duh. Had to look at what thread I was readingIndeed, it is a Heroes thread and I said she. Perhaps Attack of the Show put Attack of the Clones in your mind.

Kidhuman
08-22-2007, 10:45 PM
It was really early and I had just woke up. On a SW board, when I see Hayden I think Anakin. Force of Habit

JediTricks
08-23-2007, 01:40 AM
HA! In all your faces! Kristen Bell pimped the train for SDCC so you can all eat me! :p

Mad Slanted Powers
08-23-2007, 01:45 AM
HA! In all your faces! Kristen Bell pimped the train for SDCC so you can all eat me! :pWhat does it mean, "pimped the train"? Also, I am not a cannibal.

figrin bran
08-23-2007, 01:47 AM
Hey, I was on that SDCC Amtrak as well!

Phantom-like Menace
08-25-2007, 10:36 AM
JT, can you believe that the CW president doesn't regret cancelling VM one bit??

For my part, I will believe any decision TV executives make. I'll never understand why they make those decisions, though.

JediTricks
08-26-2007, 10:42 PM
I guess the part I can't understand is why anybody would hire these execs in the first place.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-26-2007, 11:46 PM
I think a lot of it must be poor placement and unreasonable expectations. A lot of show that I have watched may not have done well in the ratings, but they are the types of shows that get a very devoted following. The shows get cancelled prematurely, often before the first season is over, yet other shows that do worse in the ratings can last a long time. Many of these shows are serialized in some way and that can make it hard to get new viewers once it has started. Plus, the shows might be in a competitive time slot which makes it harder to get the viewers in the first place.

Of course, part of the problem there is the nature of TV. Shows are often just started with a concept or situation and there may not be an end in sight. The networks just want a show that will pull in viewers as long as possible. Then they just cut it when it is not meeting their expectation.

I think with shows being offered for viewing online and things like the Jericho revival, it gives hope that maybe in the future they will be able to better market these shows and that the hardcore fans can at least be assured of a series getting to finish its story rather than leave us hanging after a cancellation.

JediTricks
08-27-2007, 01:39 AM
A lot of it has to do with how much a series costs, how many advertisers are willing to stick with it, what chances the network has to invite a new audience into the series as it progresses - because audiences generally shed as a series goes, so you have a shrinking market which is no good, you have to get new people to have a growth market instead - and all that is wrapped up in a decision that is far easier to say "no" to than to take a chance on. Nobody loses money-in-hand for saying "no", they only lose potential-money which is an entirely different matter. That's fine corporate thinking for making soup or sponges, but it's a limited notion of how TV entertainment works best, and this is why TV is in such a sorry current state, it's aiming for the middle ground audience because the raw numbers are there so it's easier, but that audience grows more and more tired with the same old clunky thoughtless dreck season in and season out.

figrin bran
08-27-2007, 01:48 AM
For those wondering about store exclusive bonuses with the DVD set, Target is giving 4 replicas of Isaac's paintings. Best Buy has a comic book.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-27-2007, 02:17 AM
A lot of it has to do with how much a series costs, how many advertisers are willing to stick with it, what chances the network has to invite a new audience into the series as it progresses - because audiences generally shed as a series goes, so you have a shrinking market which is no good, you have to get new people to have a growth market instead - and all that is wrapped up in a decision that is far easier to say "no" to than to take a chance on. Nobody loses money-in-hand for saying "no", they only lose potential-money which is an entirely different matter. That's fine corporate thinking for making soup or sponges, but it's a limited notion of how TV entertainment works best, and this is why TV is in such a sorry current state, it's aiming for the middle ground audience because the raw numbers are there so it's easier, but that audience grows more and more tired with the same old clunky thoughtless dreck season in and season out.Yeah, I sort of saw the corporate side of things in another show I liked this year that didn't hold its audience, Studio 60. I guess most of the Heroes fans weren't interested enough to keep tuned in.

Rocketboy
08-27-2007, 03:11 PM
For those wondering about store exclusive bonuses with the DVD set, Target is giving 4 replicas of Isaac's paintings.And a 45 minute bonus DVD (I think its from a Q and A).

JediTricks
08-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Yeah, I sort of saw the corporate side of things in another show I liked this year that didn't hold its audience, Studio 60. I guess most of the Heroes fans weren't interested enough to keep tuned in.
Yeah, you make a good point, lead-ins count but NBC couldn't figure that out if their lives depended on that. "Let's schedule a night when Dateline NBC's all-rape-specatular leads in to wholesome family fun at 10pm!"

pegger
08-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Yeah, you make a good point, lead-ins count but NBC couldn't figure that out if their lives depended on that. "Let's schedule a night when Dateline NBC's all-rape-specatular leads in to wholesome family fun at 10pm!"

Same stupidy that was there with Jericho - let's put a show agaisnt Idol, take a 13 week hiatus, and wonder why the ratings drop?

Morons.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-27-2007, 10:25 PM
Same stupidy that was there with Jericho - let's put a show agaisnt Idol, take a 13 week hiatus, and wonder why the ratings drop?

Morons.Bones was on in the same time slot and got about the same amount of viewers as Jericho, yet it didn't seem to be threatened with cancelation. I watched both so I always had to record one.

General_Grievous
08-28-2007, 09:02 PM
I got the Target Collector's Edition today. It seems worth it, but I liked the regular DVD art a little bit better. But, more bang for your buck I guess.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-29-2007, 12:37 AM
Attack of the Show mentioned http://yamagatofellowship.org/ today. They just posted the first chapter in a documentary "Takezo Kensei: Sword Saint."

figrin bran
08-29-2007, 01:45 AM
I bought the Target Collector's Edition as well but haven't had time yet to watch any of it.

Kidhuman
09-02-2007, 09:18 PM
HAs anyone else watched the unaired show? I thought it was kind of weird watching how the story could have been different. The train with nuclear devices, Ted's character as a Middle Eastern dude, Isaac cutting his hand off. I am kind of glad they cut away from putting DL in the first episdoe and changed the whole Micah thing around with him going to see him.

General_Grievous
09-02-2007, 11:16 PM
HAs anyone else watched the unaired show? I thought it was kind of weird watching how the story could have been different. The train with nuclear devices, Ted's character as a Middle Eastern dude, Isaac cutting his hand off. I am kind of glad they cut away from putting DL in the first episdoe and changed the whole Micah thing around with him going to see him.
I like the real pilot better. The only really major difference I noticed besides the Middle Eastern guy was that Parkman's wife was played by a different actress.

Kidhuman
09-05-2007, 07:38 AM
I have noticed a couple of flaws in the story line in rewatching the season.

First: If the Hatian is supposed to block people from using their powers, how does Nathan fly away when cornered in Vegas?

Second: When Charlie the waitress says someone gave her a Japanese/English book is how she learned to speak Japanese. Then Hiro goes back in time and gives it to her, why doesnt she recognize him when he comes into the Diner?

Kidhuman
09-05-2007, 07:43 PM
JT, did you realize that Chris Eccleston played Claude? I caught the name in the credits while watching season 1. I watched the first espisode with him in it and thought I knew him from somewhere and then saw his name in the credits for the second show and made the connection.

JediTricks
09-06-2007, 01:22 AM

First: If the Hatian is supposed to block people from using their powers, how does Nathan fly away when cornered in Vegas?That's a good point, maybe the Haitian has to consciously use his powers and got caught off-guard? Still, kinda an oddity.

Second: When Charlie the waitress says someone gave her a Japanese/English book is how she learned to speak Japanese. Then Hiro goes back in time and gives it to her, why doesnt she recognize him when he comes into the Diner?Perhaps a second person gave her another book as well, and when Hiro went back in time he gave her one before that person did.

JT, did you realize that Chris Eccleston played Claude? I caught the name in the credits while watching season 1. I watched the first espisode with him in it and thought I knew him from somewhere and then saw his name in the credits for the second show and made the connection.I did actually, they made a big deal about it in the news right before he joined the cast, wouldn't say "who" his character was on the show though.

Kidhuman
09-06-2007, 07:23 AM
That's a good point, maybe the Haitian has to consciously use his powers and got caught off-guard? Still, kinda an oddity.

Well, in another scene with Peter and Claude on the roof tops, they are still invisible when the Haitian and Bennett try to catch them with the tazer and peter stops them from hitting him. Maybe his powers only work on blocking mind powers like Parkman or Sylar moving objects around.

JediTricks
09-07-2007, 01:52 AM
Perhaps his power can block any power, but it's mental so he has to think about using it in order to do so. We know his other power is mental by design, he rips people's memories from them, so maybe the power-blocking is also mind-themed.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-07-2007, 02:07 AM
The show should have Monty Python Gumbys walking around saying "MY BRAIN HURTS!"

Rocketboy
09-07-2007, 11:46 AM
I thought the mind-blocking thing may have had something to do with whatever they injected Parkman (and others) with...unless I'm forgetting something.

Beast
09-07-2007, 12:45 PM

First: If the Hatian is supposed to block people from using their powers, how does Nathan fly away when cornered in Vegas?

Second: When Charlie the waitress says someone gave her a Japanese/English book is how she learned to speak Japanese. Then Hiro goes back in time and gives it to her, why doesnt she recognize him when he comes into the Diner?
Well, the Hatian was revealed to really be working for Angela Petrelli.

Maybe he let Nathan go on purpose, since he was clearly circumventing HRG at various points throught the series. Such as when he didn't wipe Claire's memories even though he was ordered to. That and it's clear it's a conscious effect, and that the Hatian has to actually be trying to block powers. That and it's not always absolute. Such as when Matt pulls the name "Claire" from HRG's head, even though the Hatian is right there.

As for the second point... I'm going with the usual rules of Time Travel, and going to guess it's because he hadn't gone back in time yet at that point. So those events hadn't occured yet from the perspective of the timeline. So like JT said, she probably did get a Japanese/English translation book... but it wasn't from Hiro originally.

JediTricks
09-08-2007, 12:55 AM
I thought the mind-blocking thing may have had something to do with whatever they injected Parkman (and others) with...unless I'm forgetting something.Remember, Parkman heard "the noise" before he was injected. Plus, the Haitian ripped the memories from Claire's mom and brother, the friend, and the football player, not to mention eventually Bennet himself.

pegger
09-08-2007, 08:38 AM
I always thought the Haitans power was more of a proximity thing...he needs to be close for it to work. I just thought he wasn't close enough to Petrelli for it to work.

Kidhuman
09-08-2007, 07:59 PM
He was further away from Parkman when Bennet was getting interviewed by the FBI agent and blocked his powers than he was to Nathan when he flew, so proximity is out the window.

JediTricks
09-10-2007, 06:15 PM
He was right up in Nathan's grille, not 2 feet away.

Beast
09-20-2007, 02:05 AM
I didn't feel like starting a Mezco Heroes thread on the Toy Board... so I'll just repost the info that Mezco released about their plans here. Someone else can handle it.

Apperantly there's still a lot of things up in the air about the lines so far. It's certain that they'll only be mining the first season to start though. And there's a lot of thought being put into the line, since they have to deal with the No-Costumes aspect of Heroes. There's no information on likeness rights or who's currently planned, but the good news is.... they're thankfully going with a "Realistic Style".

We are extremely excited about the opportunity to work on Heroes- it's an amazing property. Since we are so stoked, we are going to roll out several scales of product:

7" articulated figures with accessories

3 & 3/4" scale "screen Grabs" - These are our mini diorama collectible that allow consumers to collect a scene from the show with out having to find a bigger home.

Deluxe figures- These are still being worked out, but I can tell you the scale will be bigger & the detail will be amazing.

For the 7" figures, [articulation] depends on the character but no less then 8 points per figure I believe. The Screen Grabs are not articulated by design. The deluxe figures, I can not answer at this time.

All our current planned Heroes product is going to focus on a realistic presentation to best translate the show. If we were to move to a more design driven direction, we would focus on the comic style art that exists.

Rocketboy
09-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Thats cool, but I would have love to see figures made by Kevin Smith, in the Inaction Figure style.

JediTricks
09-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Mezco has some talented folks, but I doubt this line will catch on, McFarlane's Lost line doesn't seem to be doing anything but storing TRU dust.

Beast
09-20-2007, 10:11 PM
Mezco has some talented folks, but I doubt this line will catch on, McFarlane's Lost line doesn't seem to be doing anything but storing TRU dust.
I wouldn't mind a 'Future Hiro', but I don't have any real interest in the line.

Characters that don't have a visual dynamic, much like the Lost figures, will die at retail. Sure the characters are great and well developed, but visually... zzzz.

JediTricks
09-20-2007, 10:22 PM
Exactly, they're regular-guy figures, who wants that?

figrin bran
09-20-2007, 10:38 PM
I enjoy Lost but have only bought 2 things from the McFarlane line. It's not even that they're not that "visually dynamic" so much as pricey at $14.99 per figure plus they take up too much space.

Rocketboy
09-21-2007, 12:22 AM
Time for some Heroes EU:

Del Rey to Publish Heroes: Saving Charlie
Source: NBC
September 18, 2007

Del Rey, an imprint of Ballantine Books at the Random House Publishing Group, has announced plans to publish a novel based on NBC's (http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6314#) Emmy and Golden Globe nominated "Heroes." "Heroes: Saving Charlie" (Del Rey Hardcover; $23.95; on sale December 26, 2007) by Aury Wallington will be an original novel based on the characters Hiro Nakamura (Emmy and Golden Globe Award-nominated Masi Oka) and Charlie (Jayma Mays), created by executive producer/creator Tim Kring. It is developed through a licensing agreement with Universal Studios Consumer Products Group.

"One of the more memorable relationships in Season One was Hiro's first love, the waitress Charlie. We were as smitten as Hiro by that story and seized the chance to tell the full adventure of Hiro's six months in the past. Aury Wallington was hand picked by the writers of the show for her brilliant voice for these characters. The novel is a welcome addition to the Heroes family," said Tim Kring, creator-executive producer, "Heroes."

The novel, written with the full cooperation and consultation of the show's creators, will tell the story of Japanese office worker Hiro, who, through the use of his ability to pierce the space-time continuum and manipulate time, bravely catapults himself into the past to save Charlie, a small-town Texas waitress with an extraordinary memory, from being brutally murdered by super-powered serial killer Sylar (Zachary Quinto (http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6314#)). While fans of the television series were given only a brief glimpse into Hiro and Charlie's relationship as it grew into love over six time-changing months, but their history is told here with the depth and insight that only a novel will allow.

Del Rey celebrated the announcement of its "Heroes" book at the 2007 San Diego International Comic-Con by asking fans to help make 1,000 cranes at their booth by the end of the show. Interest was high and the goal of 1,000 was surpassed.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6314

No big surprise here.
Take one of the two most popular characters and explore the storyline that was only briefly touched on in season 1 and presto! - it's a no-brainer to cash in on the hype.

JediTricks
09-21-2007, 05:21 PM
It's a good idea, but I hope they don't feel tied down to whatever was written there, I'd hate to see some outside idea creep into Hiro's personality late in the game simply because it was in the book.

Rocketboy
09-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Heroes: Origins is shaping up with some more big name talent.
Comingsoon (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=37586):

Dougherty, Roth Writing Heroes: Origins
Source: The Hollywood Reporter (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3iaa81044b3a12eacf0e7276f2d4830b79)
September 21, 2007

Superman Returns co-writer Michael Dougherty and Hostel writer/director Eli Roth have each been hired to write an episode of "Heroes: Origins," the anthology spinoff from NBC's hit series.

Roth will also direct his episode, which introduces new characters as they discover their extraordinary powers.

Roth and Dougherty, both "Heroes" fans, join another big supporter of the show, Kevin Smith (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=37586#), who was previously set to write and direct an episode of the Universal Media Studios-produced "Heroes: Origins."

Dougherty, who also co-wrote X2, recently made his directorial debut with the upcoming Warner Bros (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=37586#)./Legendary Pictures horror movie Trick 'r Treat (http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=16405), which he also wrote.

El Chuxter
09-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Is Origins the one the Rebel Honor Guard action figure Tarantino shot down? I read he shot down the creators of Heroes a few times when asked if he would direct an episode, but Origins sounds more likely to have a guest director.

Why would I direct Heroes? What the f*** is Heroes?

Not making any judgments, but that's what he said.

General_Grievous
09-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Sounds interesting. I know Smith and Dougherty know what they're doing, but I'm curious to see what Eli Roth will bring to his episode. I loved "Hostel" and his "Thanksgiving" trailer from "Grindhouse", so I'm interested to see what he'll do.

Tomorrow night, folks! Can't wait!

Jayspawn
09-23-2007, 10:44 PM
Just finished Season 1! Cant wait for season 2 tomorrow! Woohoo!

jedibear
09-24-2007, 01:15 AM
Just finished re-watching the first season on DVD...isn't it great watching it with no annoying crawls or bubbles telling us what's next on NBC? Man I hate that....

Looking forward to this new season with some mixed feelings after reading the EW spread in this week's issue....there are some spoilers, so I'll be respectful and hide my comments...

So Peter and Nathan survive? Peter has amnesia? Nathan's a drunk? Ugh....

Claire gets a boyfriend (who's also a hero)? Ugh...PLEASE don't turn this into Dawson's Creek! And Hiro gets a girl too! Please, no....

A Murder Mystery? Why? After the good mystery elements created out of the "saving the cheerleader" and "the list", this old hoary TV cliche is the best they could come up with? The more I read the more nervous I'm getting....

Heroes start falling ill to some power-robbing disease? Arrgghh! I know Krige claims to not be a comic geek but surely he goes to the movies (or SOMEONE involved with the show does)...Must we have a small screen rehash of X3?

More heroes? One or two fine, but from this article, it looks like darn near a whole new cast of regulars...Don't they realize that's what sunk LOST after the first year? Spending the first year getting us interested in these characters only to force them onto the back burner so more eye-candy, demographic pleasing replacements can be front-and-center for awhile is a sure way to alienate the audience (a fact that this article ironically notes)

The lead writer has LEFT the show? Uh-oh....while I'm sure it's a team effort and Mr. Krige has final say, i hope they don't get too crazy trying to please the "youth market" and continue to tell an engaging story.

It was also interesting that the production seemed stung by criticism that some folks found the finale lackluster. I thought it was fine...it did the job of wrapping up many of the plot threads while throwing out a few tidbits for next year, it maintained the tone established by the show...

I fear this show may fall prey to the notorious "sophomore slump"...I hope EW is misinterpreting info from the production to craft reporting to please their "young demographic" and that this show continues on the path of engaging characters and good storytelling established in the first season....we'll see soon enough.

AmanaMatt
09-24-2007, 01:37 AM
I sure loved Heroes and just rewatched all of season 1 on DVD. I am trying to avoid all spoilers for Season 2, but I hope they do not try to go too far with the show - I loved the established characters....I thought the last episode did a nice set up with the 'guy worse than the bogeyman' thingee with the little girl - we'll see... there were a few inconsistencies....but all-in-all, not bad.

The last ep was pretty anti-climatic, but I did feel they did a great job with Nathan and Peter in the final moments of that episode - very nice stuff!

Rocketboy
09-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Thinking about season 1 - did they ever reveal what happened to the other Bennets after the fire? I'm still not sure if that was the real Mrs. Bennet in the hotel the first time after Claire left.

Kidhuman
09-24-2007, 03:34 PM
It was the real Mrs Bennett. Remember that shape shifter came in and said she liked her hair. After that we never saw her again. I dont know what happened to the boy though.

AmanaMatt
09-24-2007, 08:45 PM
I don't think it was said but when Bennett told Clare to come home at the end of the last ep, I guess it was an indication that the mom and son are cool

If you listed to the commentary, you know her Clare's friend (the gay guy) is gone since he is in T2 the show - which is a shame - I thought he and Clare had great chemistry.

Rocketboy
09-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Good start for season 2.
We were missing a few characters (the Sanders clan) here in the first ep, which is ok since we didn't meet everyone right away in season 1.
Parkman seemed to heal pretty fast. A little too fast from 4 gunshots to the chest.
As for what happened with Hiro's dad and Mrs. Petrelli - I noticed that both came in fairly close contact with the same person.
And yep, Claire's family is all good.

Ugh - I'm not used to being able watch only one episode at a time!

AmanaMatt
09-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Just watched Season 2 premiere:

All in all, this felt like the 'Phantom Menace' of Heroes - everyone showed up in a Heroes ep, but it did not feel like a Heroes ep. If felt off...

First all: the humor - they tried WAY TOO HARD to be funny. What is the point of the Hiro storyline. I actually felt it kinda insulting to make one of the more interesting storylines from last season into a joke - so this great Japanese hero was a WHITE dude..WTF? You know Hiro will end up becoming him of course - that seems way obvious.

The Bennett joke with his boss being a hardass was not funny.

What I did like: The Nathan storyline - all 5 min of it; the Peter storyline - all 5 seconds of it. I do like the Freddy Kruger kinda storyline with the little girl - gives me hope that this season will rock....I missed Sylar very much with this one.

I wanted to see all my fav Heroes return, so when they introduced new characters like the guy and gal from Mexico, I felt very impatient with that storyline - I do not care for the two characters (yet) and I hope it goes somewhere.

I do like the use of the Japanese symbol and how it was used in a very ominous way - the storyline with Hiro's Dad was kinda cool.

Kidhuman
09-24-2007, 11:32 PM
Very interesting epsiode. Like RB, one at a time aint cutting it after dropping season 1 in a week.

The ups:

New characters: The Mexican kids are interseting. What does this girl do? Everyone was dead and bleeding from her eyes, almost religious in a way.

Claires classmate - another flyer. Kindo f weird, but the first repeat power without abosrbtion.

The Deadwood dude - King Midas he is.

Mohinder and BEnnett in cahoots to bring them down. Could be interesting.

The meh:

Parkman healing way too quickly. Like Matt said, 4 gunshots to the chest/gut should take more than 4 months to heal, and his wife leaves him?

The Bad:

5 seconds of Peter, come on, he is the main hero.

Nathan gives it all up? I find that really odd. And his wife left him too?

George Takei dead? Hiro is not gonna be a happy man when he gets back unless he changes it somehow.

No Sylar - I miss the bad guy, but he is in the previews for the rest of the season.

No Sanders clan - I wanna know what happened to DL.

I am sure it will give all the answers, but damnit, 4 months is long enought to wait for them, should have gotten some kind of info.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-25-2007, 12:02 AM
You guys do realize that this is a TV show that goes on till next May, right? I mean, how assinine would it be to reveal EVERYTHING THAT HAS HAPPENED in the premiere episode? It's a storyline, folks. Patience.

I really enjoyed tonights premiere.
- Benett taking BS from that manager was hysterical. I loved the look on his face as you knew that he is above that guy on every level. You could just see the irritation in his face and when he finally snapped, oh man, that was great.
- Crazy that Hiro arriving pretty much screwed over that village and the legend. Should be interesting how Hiro get his act together and trains.
- I don't trust West. I just don't. Odd that he flies though. Plus, how does he know about Claire? Something's odd.
- Maya and Alejandro seem pretty interesting. I too am curious about her power. It almost looked like part of the skull was crushed in or some sort of hemorraghing (sp?) was going on.
- I liked Parkman watching over Molly. And I can see them getting a divorce: He tells her he's going to LA to watch over this special child while Mohinder hits the road? Plus, she DID have an affair with his old partner.

Regarding Nathan:

Nathan gives it all up? I find that really odd. And his wife left him too?

Were you watching the same show, KH? Nathan looked like hell! He's drinking, harbors guilt for what he thinks is Peter's death all while it was revealed that Nathan last season to his wife that he had an affair and let's not forget she can walk again. I'm assuming it was a barrage of things that lead to their assumed divorce.

KH said: I am sure it will give all the answers, but damnit, 4 months is long enought to wait for them, should have gotten some kind of info.

lol Dude, how do you survive in between sequels to movies and in between Empire and Jedi when it was in theaters?!??!? heheeh j/k.

overall, fantastic premiere! This season is lookin' solid thus far! :thumbsup:

figrin bran
09-25-2007, 01:19 AM
bah! 4 months is nothing! Those of us who watch Lost and BSG still have a few more months to wait

pegger
09-25-2007, 07:13 AM
New characters: The Mexican kids are interseting. What does this girl do? Everyone was dead and bleeding from her eyes, almost religious in a way.

Spoilers on this one:

Supposedly they carry the same plague that Mohinder is talking about.

Spoiler over.

If you read the on line comic, it gives more info on it too.

Kidhuman
09-25-2007, 07:27 AM
JMG, I survived in between movies with the SSG support group. :D

JediTricks
09-25-2007, 05:57 PM
I liked it, but I wanted to love it and it fell short. I knew it was Nathan who bumped into Ando, but didn't know what it meant, that was about the only jolt for me, the rest was too much "blah blah blah change, blah blah blah bad things, blah blah blah you're not what you claim to be". I really didn't feel it with the Honduran brother and sister, having the girl with an uncontrollable plague power was asking and investing too much. And everything was a little too on the nose with Claire's new friend, too much up front. Oh, and how soap opera is it that Peter has amnesia and is overseas? :p

Having Alias' Sark as the great Japanese swordsman was an odd touch, I didn't hate it but I don't like Hiro being separated from the main storyline for what feels like will be a long time.

Enterprise's Malcolm Reed at the end was an odd find.

I hope this season holds up overall though.

General_Grievous
09-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Last night was a great premiere. I loved seeing how the Bennetts relocated, however the flying kid (Claire's new boyfriend, I assume) gives off this weird stalker vibe. I'm very interested in the new heroes (the Dominican twins, Midas dude, and I think the Irish guy will have powers). My only complaint about this episode was that the Sanders family wasn't in it. They had better be in it next week. I need to know what happened to DL. Also, can't wait until Kristen Bell shows up. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
09-25-2007, 07:39 PM
I have feeling that there is more to Claire's new flying boyfriend - like maybe he works for Mr. Bennet's former employers (which would mean the Bennets are not as safe as they thought).

Beast
09-25-2007, 08:21 PM
The new season is feeling way too much like the 90's Era of X-Men to me.

What with the 'Legacy Virus' and the new big bad screaming 'Shadow King'.

Sure they mined the X-Men for stories, like DoFP in season 1. But sheesh.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-25-2007, 09:17 PM
You guys do realize that this is a TV show that goes on till next May, right? I mean, how assinine would it be to reveal EVERYTHING THAT HAS HAPPENED in the premiere episode? It's a storyline, folks. Patience.
lol Dude, how do you survive in between sequels to movies and in between Empire and Jedi when it was in theaters?!??!? heheeh j/k.
overall, fantastic premiere! This season is lookin' solid thus far! :thumbsup:I'm with you on all of these points. It's a whole season worth to look forward too. People here complained about things not moving fast enough last year as well.

Having Alias' Sark as the great Japanese swordsman was an odd touch, I didn't hate it but I don't like Hiro being separated from the main storyline for what feels like will be a long time.I thought that looked like him but wasn't sure.

Enterprise's Malcolm Reed at the end was an odd find.I didn't recognize him. Was he one of the ones opening up the container where Peter was?

JediTricks
09-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Yes, he was the one on screen right.

I didn't like the virus plotline either, but I'm kinda hoping that's just bait by Mohinder to get the company interested.

figrin bran
09-25-2007, 10:48 PM
Last night was a great premiere. I loved seeing how the Bennetts relocated, however the flying kid (Claire's new boyfriend, I assume) gives off this weird stalker vibe. I'm very interested in the new heroes (the Dominican twins, Midas dude, and I think the Irish guy will have powers). My only complaint about this episode was that the Sanders family wasn't in it. They had better be in it next week. I need to know what happened to DL. Also, can't wait until Kristen Bell shows up. :thumbsup:

I'll bet Flying Kid is working for the Company

I saw Niki in the preview for next week so the Sanders family will show up in all likelihood

Kristen B. will show up 4 episodes from now. Hopefully this isn't spoilerish but her character is described as playing by her own set of rules which should be something that plays to her acting strengths.

With Molly and Matt, I can envision a role reversal where she becomes his protector. In some ways, it seems like she is already as can be seen by her reluctance to divulge anything about her nightmares. When we last saw her, she was pleading "please don't die, Officer Parkman". Obviously he didn't die and so this is most likely her way of ensuring that the Boogeyman never finds them and that he doesn't die.

UKWildcat
09-28-2007, 12:31 AM
I wasn't overly impressed with the season premiere, but it still sparked my interest nonetheless. Definitely gonna keep watching to see where this ride goes next...

*it should be noted that I was also dosing off while watching this episode, so that may explain my lack of excitement. Not sure if I was tired or bored while watching, or both, I may re-watch the episode though.

Rocketboy
10-01-2007, 12:42 AM
Kevin Smith talked a little bit about his upcoming Heroes: Origins on IGN:

IGN TV: So is [Heroes: Origins] completely self-contained or are you going to have any of the regular character in it?

Smith: No, self-contained. No characters from the series. The origin of Origins so to speak, is that last year Heroes went off the air for a month to catch up with their production schedule. It’s a big show, it’s tough to just churn it out because they’re essentially making a feature a week. So, what they wanted to do was kind of have a series to plug in for that moment when they need to go off the air for a mini-hiatus to catch up with their production schedule. So, Tim was like let’s do a show that kind of introduces new characters that might possibly be on in the next season. So it’ll still be Heroes but at the same time it won’t be Heroes “proper.” But it will take place in the Heroes universe. So the idea is that if I went in and was like “I want to use Hayden, Quinto and Ali Larter,” they’d be like “You’re high, dude. The whole reason we’re doing this spin-off is so that we can concentrate on Heroes without losing air time.” So no, the short answer is no. There won’t be any of the main characters in my show. However, it takes place, at least in my episode, and I hadn’t really even thought to ask because it really sounded like they need their cast. But what I’m doing is set firmly in their universe and it’s tied in by reference points, but I’m not going to be using that cast when they’re busy on the main show.

IGN TV: What kind of “hero” are you working on? Can you give me a hint without getting in trouble?

Smith: Girl.

IGN TV: Girl?

Smith: I’m doing a girl. That is the most I can say at this point.

Kidhuman
10-01-2007, 07:13 AM
Makes sense, hopefully it works well.

General_Grievous
10-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Don't think we covered this yet, but does anyone else think Parkman divorced his wife because they found out the kid wasn't his?

General_Grievous
10-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Pretty solid episode tonight. I guess the twins' power is to give life (Alejandro) and take life away (Maya), depending upon if they are separated. Cool to see the Haitian is back working with Bennett. I loved Hiro becoming Kensei and rescuing the swordsmith's daughter, although the "real" Kensei having powers was quite a twist. What attacked Mrs. Petrelli in the interrogation room? It couldn't have been Sylar, could it? Or was it the "boogeyman" Molly could see in her dreams? And I'm interested to see what happens to Peter in Ireland. I'm interested to see if the Irish siblings have any powers.

Can't wait until next week. The return of Sylar and (finally) the Sanders family.

Kidhuman
10-01-2007, 11:39 PM
Decent episode. The Mexicali Twins seem to be like the good and the bad. She is the disease and he the cure.

As soon as Mohinder showed up in Haiti, I knew the Hatian was the person he was looking for. Awesome that he sent him to Bennett.

Claire cutting her toe off was awesome.

Peter "rediscovering" some of his powers was nice. It seemed he picked up DL and Nikkis powers(phase and strength).

Mrs. Petrelli telling PArkman to get out of her head was funny, but not as funny as her sleeping with Sulu.

Kenzei having a power I knew about from last weeks epsiode(coming attractions). Seems Kenzei didnt know either, must be how he gets the Hero tag in the future.

Rocketboy
10-01-2007, 11:58 PM
I feel like the Haitian got a hold of me...
Wasn't the Haitian was killed in Season 1?
And where did Peter get the sparking powers?

figrin bran
10-02-2007, 01:10 AM
The Haitian didn't get killed last season. He merely stopped appearing in the last few episodes.

Kidhuman
10-02-2007, 07:10 AM
I think those powers are from Ted, little bursts like that.

RooJay
10-02-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm thinking he could've picked up powers from Sylar as well; Peter always seemed to absorb peoples abilities simply by being in close proximity. As opposed to eating their brains or whatever the hell Sylar was doing.

Lord Malakite
10-02-2007, 09:07 AM
I feel like the Haitian got a hold of me...
Wasn't the Haitian was killed in Season 1?
What figrin bran said is only partially right. You probably remember him being killed because the Haitian was indeed killed off in a Season 1 episode Rocketboy, but it was shown as happening in a alternate future timeline (where the exploding man takes out NY) that Hiro travels to. The present day Haitian is still alive (and will most likely remain that way since the timeline has been altered), but he just stopped appearing in the last few episodes of Season 1 like figrin said.

Beast
10-02-2007, 11:50 AM
I'm thinking he could've picked up powers from Sylar as well; Peter always seemed to absorb peoples abilities simply by being in close proximity. As opposed to eating their brains or whatever the hell Sylar was doing.
Yeah, that's where he got the telekenisis from during Season 1.

That's all this seemed to be, simply with a more clear sort of power effect.

Since it's the same shimmery effect that he used to stop Claude's staff.

Rocketboy
10-02-2007, 03:26 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot the Haitian was killed in the future episode.
I guess watching the entire season in less than a week has made things blur a little.

jedibear
10-02-2007, 10:47 PM
Listening to that drunk guy Hiro is dealing with in ancient (SoCal) Japan..."Kensei"....I was struck by something.

Is this guy Linderman?

He's a Brit...some passing resemblance to a young Malcom McDowell...has the same "power" as Claire (it appears) and before someone says "...but Linderman healed OTHER people/things, not himself"...consider this. If Linderman is either a) immortal or b) has power similair to Hiro, he could've been around for a LONG time, inlcuding being one of the founders of the "company". And there's nothing to say that through time he's grown other "powers" or absorbed some other ones...

It's already been established that some folks can "absorb" powers (Peter/Sylar), that there are folks out there with the same powers as each other (Nathan/annoying flying teen stalker)...

Somethin' to think about...I think it'd be a kick...

RooJay
10-03-2007, 01:09 AM
Listening to that drunk guy Hiro is dealing with in ancient (SoCal) Japan..."Kensei"....I was struck by something.

Is this guy Linderman?

He's a Brit...some passing resemblance to a young Malcom McDowell...has the same "power" as Claire (it appears) and before someone says "...but Linderman healed OTHER people/things, not himself"...consider this. If Linderman is either a) immortal or b) has power similair to Hiro, he could've been around for a LONG time, inlcuding being one of the founders of the "company". And there's nothing to say that through time he's grown other "powers" or absorbed some other ones...

It's already been established that some folks can "absorb" powers (Peter/Sylar), that there are folks out there with the same powers as each other (Nathan/annoying flying teen stalker)...

Somethin' to think about...I think it'd be a kick...

Dude, call me crazy (call us both crazy, I guess) but I think you might really be onto something there! After all, I seem to recall that Hiro originally had to steal his sword from Linderman who seemed pretty convinced that it was actually his sword. Someone's going to argue that Linderman probably should've recognized Hiro when they met, but for one the guy would have a memory by that point going back several hundred years, and two these elder super-types seem to be manipulative as all get out - maybe he intended that Hiro not suspect anything about their connection. Maybe he did remember Hiro from his own youth, but felt Hiro shouldn't know about that until the time came.

Kidhuman
10-03-2007, 07:11 AM
Linderman couldn't say anything to Hiro because he would have messed up the whole space time continuum thing. He would have told him the future at that point and changed things.

It sounds like a very plausible idea though JediBear

Beast
10-03-2007, 12:10 PM
If it is Linderman... it could be like with Charlie, as she didn't remember Hiro when she met him. So the timeline events hadn't occured yet until after Hiro went back to Fuedal Japan. So it may have been something else that caused "Kensei" to step up and be a hero originally. Such as finding out he couldn't die. :)

JediTricks
10-04-2007, 10:39 PM
I am not sure I'm liking this season, it's a lot more questions and a lot less payoffs - season 1 had payoffs at nearly every episode which I thought made it stand out from the other "epic serials" on TV. I was very glad to see that they screwed with us by NOT having Hiro end up as Kensei, but incredibly disappointed by Claire's creepy stalker boy seeing her cut off her toe and have it grow back. However, this ep was a lot more enjoyable than the first, people went and did and grew. I still don't like the Guatemalan twins though, it's just too disconnected and that power of the girl's is so out there.

I'm not buying Kensei as Linderman just yet, but it's an interesting idea. The aging issue doesn't pan for me though.

Kidhuman
10-04-2007, 10:59 PM
I was discussing the Linderman/Kenzi stuff with a co-worker(I didnt say it was my theory). He asked the same question JT, how did he age. My only response was why did Highlanders age as well? Regeneration can kepp someone young looking.

RooJay
10-05-2007, 04:38 AM
Well if it's not so difficult to imagine a guy that never ages, and it's normal for folks to age regularly, then why would it be so tough to imagine something in between?

pegger
10-05-2007, 08:28 AM
***Possilbe spoiler?***

Saw a commercial last night (I don't if it's for the next episode or not) - but it did show Sylar - relaxing on a beach somewhere...up to his old tricks again.

sigh...I was hoping for a break from him.

Beast
10-05-2007, 02:12 PM
I was discussing the Linderman/Kenzi stuff with a co-worker(I didnt say it was my theory). He asked the same question JT, how did he age. My only response was why did Highlanders age as well? Regeneration can kepp someone young looking.
Well, since they're mining the X-Men... look at Wolverine and Sabretooth. Both of them have healing factors that retard their aging. But they still age. Neither of them are the same age they were when their powers first manifested. Given how many hundreds of years there are between Feudal Japan and the Modern Age, he likely would have aged some. Even Wolverine's gone grey 150 years later in the comics.

Rocketboy
10-05-2007, 10:08 PM
But Claire's healing factor hasn't slowed her aging (unless that part kicks in when its convenient).

Beast
10-05-2007, 10:20 PM
But Claire's healing factor hasn't slowed her aging (unless that part kicks in when its convenient).
Not yet. And she's not several hundred years old either.

Her's could be more Regeneration. Where as Linderman's is an actual healing power.

RooJay
10-06-2007, 11:19 PM

How can you tell that Claire has aged anyway, It's only been a year? What signs of aging are you noticing? Maybe I'm just not good with details, but honestly she looks exactly the same to me as when the show started.

Rocketboy
10-07-2007, 12:10 AM
She's a 16ish teenager and has been with the Bennets since she was an infant. I'm pretty sure her adopted family, classmates, ect. would have noticed.

General_Grievous
10-09-2007, 11:47 AM
Last night's episode was pretty good. I'm not surprised that D.L. died, but was it from the bullet, or something else entirely? And poor Candice had to go, and it was revealed that wasn't her true form (who didn't see that coming?). But Sylar's an idiot, because without her help, he's now stuck in the middle of butt-f*** nowhere. So HRG's next, judging from the painting. I really hope that's not the case, as he's one of my favorite characters, but even if he does die, I think they'd hold off until the end of the season.

Two weeks until Kristen Bell! :thumbsup:

pegger
10-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Bennet is 7th from now...He was 8/8....

I'm glad Sylar has no powers. I really don't like the character ( or last season's character). Perhaps with this "twist" they can give him some depth, as opposed to the one-sided stupid plot device he was last season.

Jayspawn
10-09-2007, 12:37 PM
What? Sylar is f'n awesome! Cant wait to see where his story goes.

Cant wait till West meets Claire's dad. You all see that coming.

Sucks that DL is dead. He had a cool power too. I wonder if they'll later show what happened between seasons?

Rocketboy
10-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Good ep, but:
The new kid flying looked like carp.
Sylar is stuck in the Savage Land?

Kidhuman
10-09-2007, 04:30 PM
I really am rowing tired of the Mexican Twins.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Are we certain Candice is dead? Maybe it was all an illusion to test Sylar. I also thought about the possiblity of D.L. being able to phase right through the coffin and dirt.

Beast
10-09-2007, 09:14 PM
Are we certain Candice is dead? Maybe it was all an illusion to test Sylar. I also thought about the possiblity of D.L. being able to phase right through the coffin and dirt.
Re: Candice/Sylar. That's what I was expecting to happen also.

jedibear
10-10-2007, 02:04 AM
I was ready to throw in the towel on this show last night...until the preview for next week showed the possibility that it might start kicking into a higher gear.

Some random thoughts...I don't think "Candace" is dead...Sylar didn't have the powers, her head was still in one piece and the isolated location made no sense...seemed more like one of her visions maybe.

They gotta get the brother/sister thing moving forward quickly...get'em in the US already and into the action or get rid of 'em...

Loved Nichelle...she still looks radiant.

I still hate Super Flying Stalker...he's creepy, but maybe that's all on purpose. I can see that storyline getting interesting though...he becomes Clair's new boytoy, Noah finally meets him, knows who is is and realizes the company's on to them, they gotta leave and Clair's forced to choose between family and flyboy...who of course really DOESN'T love her...he's just workin' for the company to find them...just a thought.

I still think Brit-Kensei turns out to be Linderman somehow...

Get Peter out of the Irish Spring commercial already... for a character with such potential last year, he's just wasted in this Bourne-ripoff nonsense...

Hey wait a minute...maybe I am still liking this show Oh well...I'd still like to see it kick up a notch...here's hoping next week starts that...

Rocketboy
10-10-2007, 12:58 PM
I really am rowing tired of the Mexican Twins.Yeah, the whole weekly separate and reunite thing is getting old already.

JediTricks
10-10-2007, 05:20 PM
This season has been going downhill fast, but Monday's episode was easily the worst episode of the series to date, and it's only setting up worse things to come. For the first time, I felt like maybe it was just time to walk away from the series, they seem to have squandered the quality that had been built up in season 1.

Claire and flying guy - behavior inconsistent, creepy; effects were poor; upshot was utterly ridiculous, and why would Claire get all pi**y about her dad putting a chip in West? She already knew daddy used to lead that life, but at least we conveniently got the "I remember a guy with horn rimmed glasses" which was totally inconsistent with the Haitian's MO.

Guatemalan twins - who cares? No character development, just the same thing over and over. Who breaks into a fancy car in the middle of a crowded square in front of a police station?

Ando's sword discovery - lame way to keep him on the show, total nothing scenes.

Hiro's journey - crappy soap opera writing, everything's way too neat and tidy and obvious, no reason to do this, and payoff is always the same over and over.

Mohinder's new apartment - sure, let's take an old rickety apartment and turn it into a super-lab because someone we knew last season died here. :rolleyes: Cheap way to recycle a set. The whole paintings angle was exceptionally lame.

Peter's trip to Ireland - unbelievably bad, just a cheap way to reboot a popular and overpowered character. And the end to the ep was so poor it was stunning, straight out of the bad-writing playbook, a shoddy way to extend a bad storyline. No payoff seems to be a theme to this season.

Niki & Micah - why was this here? Said next to nothing, and how stupid would Niki have to be to fall into the company's trap? Oh, right, I guess the kind of stupid that would tell her kid living in New Orleans will be a normal life. :mad: And just because we're geeks doesn't automatically mean Nichelle Nichols deserves the reverence they gave that character's brief screentime.

Sylar & Candice - I hate Sylar, I think he's a totally empty piece of plot equipment who should have been killed off for good at the season finale, or at the very least left on the back burner for another 2 years. Here, they've completely dropped the ball with everybody involved - if we take at face value what happened, Candice was stupid and Sylar was stupid for not checking to see if his powers were back yet; if Candice isn't dead then it's still a ridiculously risky ploy on her part. Either way, the end result was not working.

Finally, the editing and the amounts of screentime given to the characters is way out of whack. I could not be more disappointed in Heroes right now.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-10-2007, 07:57 PM
I just don't get why everyone here seems to hate Sylar. Actually, I hate him too - because he is a bad guy! He's like the Terminator in that he seems invincible with all of these powers, so that makes him quite a formidable foe. Just when you think he has been outsmarted and beaten, he does something else that produces an "Oh sh*t" moment.

pegger
10-10-2007, 08:41 PM
I just find him one-dimensional and boring. He doesn't DO anything interesting, aside from killing other characters. 1/2 the powers he takes, he doesn't even use. Like the metal melting guy. So he kills the guy, takes his power and....melts a wrench, so he can impress a fat old chick, that has good hearing - and kills her too. He kills Ted, and doesn't DO anything with the nuclear power...

To me, he's just a boring a character....

Like, really, were you shocked when he killed Candice? I wasn't.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-10-2007, 10:43 PM
I just find him one-dimensional and boring. He doesn't DO anything interesting, aside from killing other characters. 1/2 the powers he takes, he doesn't even use. Like the metal melting guy. So he kills the guy, takes his power and....melts a wrench, so he can impress a fat old chick, that has good hearing - and kills her too. He kills Ted, and doesn't DO anything with the nuclear power...

To me, he's just a boring a character....

Like, really, were you shocked when he killed Candice? I wasn't.

He didn't really get a chance to use the power before he was stopped. I was somewhat surprised, because he supposedly didn't have his powers. I thought he would at least let her help him get back to strength. Also, she was on the phone with someone so there are other people she was working with. He could have waited until he was in a position to do something to them as well.

I guess I just tire of all the negativity. I like the show. I like how it is done. I like all the different characters and their powers and how they are all connected and how things unfold each week. It's not just this show either. People have similar complaints about Lost. There are a lot of new shows that I'm enjoying this year, but they seem to get lukewarm reception here at best. While I don't share Tycho's enthusiasm for the Transformers movie, I was still entertained for a couple hours. Then there is always the old standby of criticizing the SW prequels.

figrin bran
10-11-2007, 01:08 AM
I thought that we had beaten all the Sylar criticisms to death last season!

MSP, I watch Lost as well and felt the 2nd season was drastically lower in quality than the first...the same scenario seems to be shaping up with Heroes. but then again, it might not. I nearly gave up on Heroes last season after 2 episodes but fortunately, I didn't.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-11-2007, 01:27 AM
I'm watching a fair amount of shows right now, but Heroes is probably the one I look forward to the most. It would be tied with Lost if it were on now.

figrin bran
10-11-2007, 02:23 AM
MSP, when you saw Sylar in that jungle in the middle of nowhere, did it make you think of Lost like it did for me? ;)

Sylar, meet Jacob!

Mad Slanted Powers
10-11-2007, 02:38 AM
MSP, when you saw Sylar in that jungle in the middle of nowhere, did it make you think of Lost like it did for me? ;)

Sylar, meet Jacob!Not sure if that came to mind, but it was kind of weird looking.

RooJay
10-11-2007, 03:29 AM

Sylar, meet Jacob!

I am now convinced that Sylar is Jacob! It all makes perfect sense now...:thumbsup:

Also:
1 - Don't think DL is actually dead - Nikki did tell Micah that she'd make sure he could see his dad; I think it was the writer's intent that we assume she meant his grave. Seems pretty obvious to me that he's actually in hiding and will turn up again later in a surprise revelation.

2 - Anyone else thinking that flying boy actually works for the big bad and might be the person who's being sent out to kill the older generation characters?

3 - Takezo Kensei is so Linderman.

4 - I wonder how quickly Nikki will come back for her son after Micah's grandma, Lt. Uhura's powers are revealed and she's targeted by the assassin?

5 - I'm also wondering how badly Hiro hooking up with the woman Kensei is supposed to end up with is going to screw up his present? What if he ends up being his own ancestor?! I could definitely see that happening.

6 - Sylar's powers are definitely not gone for good. Seems to me that he's being tested, observed and 'house trained' for some secret purpose.

7 - The Guatemalan twins - get to the point already.

jonthejedi
10-11-2007, 05:30 AM
I got into season 2 a little late. Have they not explained why the Petrelli brothers didn't die in the nuclear above ground explosion that ended season 1. I'm confused!

Kidhuman
10-11-2007, 07:14 AM
Now Jon the havent. Once Peter gets his memory back expect that.

I think DL is gone for good.

When I saw Sylar in the Jungle I thought "Oh he is f**ked"

He will get his powers back. The Nightmare man is coming, so hopefully it gets better. Also seems that Nathan, Parkman, Mohinder and Nikki will be meeting up again and working together. Nikki will find out they want Micah and go ape ***** on them.

pegger
10-11-2007, 08:21 AM
I guess I just tire of all the negativity. I like the show.

I DO like the show - I was just hoping for a bit of a break on Sylar - but enough of the negativity. I just hope they do something more interesting with the character this year is all.

Anyways, onto other stuff - I'm glad that there will still be a lot of Bennet this season - and that one of the main story arcs will about him trying to save his life. Should be interesting.

RooJay
10-11-2007, 10:10 AM
I'd just assumed from the get go that Nathan survived by simply letting go of Peter as he asploded and flew to safety, and Peter survived since he was the one doing the asplodin' and would probably likely be immune to his own power - Ted always seemed to be. I can't recall ever once seriously doubting that both would've survived.

Rocketboy
10-12-2007, 01:23 AM
Found some more info on Kevin Smith's Heroes: Origins:

You don’t see Kevin in Wizard as much these days, due to his stepping back from the world of comics for a while. However, when his name showed up on the cover, claiming he will not only be writing/directing the new Heroes: Origins program…But that it will be the PILOT of that spinoff…We were curious. So, check out the scans above thanks to our scooper, and pay particular interest to what Kevin says about his new female character’s power:
What can you tell us about the power you plan to give your character?

It’s one that every comic book fan is very familiar with, but one that I consider to be the lamest of all the superpowers.

Care to speculate, anyone? Kevin’s not usually the repeating type, so we can’t see flying, invisibility, mind reading, invincibility…And it’s known that it’s a girl. Super strength perhaps? Hmmm. Rumor has it that the fan favorite hero of “Origins” will become a full-fledged cast member for season 3…Let’s hope it’s this one!Talking to fish?

JediTricks
10-13-2007, 12:22 AM
I just don't get why everyone here seems to hate Sylar. Actually, I hate him too - because he is a bad guy! He's like the Terminator in that he seems invincible with all of these powers, so that makes him quite a formidable foe. Just when you think he has been outsmarted and beaten, he does something else that produces an "Oh sh*t" moment.But he never earns it, it's always pulled out of the old CPD (contrived plot device) bag.

To me, he's just a boring a character....That's my issue with Sylar as well, he's a boring character and they lend way too much cred to a guy who is sloppy and unimaginative. When we were just hearing about this big bad faceless killer guy, he was interesting because we DIDN'T know how boring he was, we DIDN'T see how mundane his bloodlust really was, we DIDN'T have to be told why he was killing the meteor freaks... er, I mean, "heroes" and what it had to do with powers.

Plus, I just find the idea of a badguy who can be this invincible uninteresting in general too, he's the guy who can have almost any power and abuse them, for what reason? Who cares, according to the writers, and when they finally explain it, it's just too shallow.

Not sure if that came to mind, but it was kind of weird looking.Yeah, cheap CGI jungle, seems like the f/x budget is down the drain this year, or they're just overreaching further.

I got into season 2 a little late. Have they not explained why the Petrelli brothers didn't die in the nuclear above ground explosion that ended season 1. I'm confused!No, that may get covered when they do the flashback episode though (end of sweeps, I believe).

Found some more info on Kevin Smith's Heroes: Origins:

Talking to fish?I'd say that's a good guess based on the evidence. :D

General_Grievous
10-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Tonight's episode was pretty good.

How in the hell did Sylar end up in Mexico? Was the island just a remnant of Candace's illusions? Or did he really trek for a long time?

So Micah's cousin has the power to make things she sees on TV a reality. I've got to say, that's the most original power on the show so far.

Very interesting to learn that Parkman's father was in with Linderman's group. What was really surprising was that he's Molly's "nightmare man". What a curve ball.

Next week's episode looks like a great watch.

Rocketboy
10-15-2007, 10:31 PM
This was the first episode (ever) without Hiro.

Beast
10-16-2007, 12:07 AM
So Micah's cousin has the power to make things she sees on TV a reality. I've got to say, that's the most original power on the show so far.
I believe she's got 'Photographic Reflexes', much like Marvel's Taskmaster or Echo.

Taskmaster: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taskmaster

Taskmaster possesses an ability which is a unique form of photographic memory that ties directly into his muscle memory, giving him an ability he refers to as "photographic reflexes." This ability enables him to watch another person's physical movements and duplicate them without practice as long as it is physically possible for an ordinary human to accomplish. This powers is only limited by its inability to mimic the superhuman powers of others, and by the fact that the Taskmaster does not have superhuman strength or other superhuman attributes. He is capable of emulating the styles of, among others, Daredevil, Wolverine, Captain America, Elektra, Spider-Man, the Punisher, and Deadpool. In addition, he is a very capable marksman, able to emulate Bullseye's perfect aim, as well as that of the Punisher and Hawkeye.

Taskmaster's power to duplicate the abilities of others is purely dependent on sight, and restricted to physical motions. For example, he could copy a virtuoso pianist's performance by watching him play, but would not gain the ability to read sheet music. As a child, he almost drowned when he perfectly duplicated another swimmer's dive, forgetting that he had not yet learned how to swim once he hit the water.

Once Taskmaster has assimilated another fighter's style, he is often able to predict his opponent's next move. However, this advantage can be negated by fighters who are unpredictable, such as Deadpool and Wolverine.
Echo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_%28comics%29

Maya Lopez is an Olympic-level athlete possessing photographic reflexes or the uncanny ability to perfectly copy other people's movements, similar to the Taskmaster's photographic reflexes and Sportsmasters 1-3 in DC. Just by watching other people, she has become a concert-level pianist, a dangerous boxer, and a gifted ballerina (and on one occasion even piloted a Quinjet for a few minutes). Aside from those, she has also gained Bullseye's uncanny aim and Daredevil's acrobatic abilities after watching tapes of their fights.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-16-2007, 01:40 AM
I believe she's got 'Photographic Reflexes'.Yeah, that's sort of how I interpreted it. A mimic of sorts.

Great episode. That is a mystery how Sylar got there. I wasn't quite sure if the twins killed that guy that was riding with them or not.

Looks like Kristen Bell arrives next week.

figrin bran
10-16-2007, 01:50 AM
Yeah, that's sort of how I interpreted it. A mimic of sorts.

Great episode. That is a mystery how Sylar got there. I wasn't quite sure if the twins killed that guy that was riding with them or not.

Looks like Kristen Bell arrives next week.

I think Sylar killed him...hence the cockroach lingering around the scene of the crime

Mad Slanted Powers
10-16-2007, 02:39 AM
I think Sylar killed him...hence the cockroach lingering around the scene of the crimeYes, something looked odd and I couldn't tell if it was how the twins' victims looked or if it was something Sylar did. Also, it's hard to tell if he is just putting on an act. He acts as if he doesn't quite remember everything. Knowing him, he knows full well what he is doing and is just trying to get back to Suresh to see if he can get his powers back, if he hasn't already.

RooJay
10-16-2007, 02:57 AM
Looks like Sylar was finally set on his mission after the test set for him by the big bad (who I'm betting is actually daddy Petrelli, and not daddy Parkman; there's a reason why his face is blurred in that picture.)

Kidhuman
10-16-2007, 07:17 AM
That would be a twist to see if Papa Patrelli is alive still.

I thought lastnight was the best epsiode of the season so far.

Claire lying to Noah, breaking the trust, as he is keeping things from her right now.

I dont know ow Sylar got there either, maybe Pegger will have something from the graphic novels he reads at NBC.com.

I liked Monicas power, I thought it was hilarious when she threw a 619 out there. Was it me or did her "Tomato Rose" look better than the TV show one?

Wasnt this the first epsiode without Peter as well?

I am glad they backed off of Hiro's storyline, it is kind of boring.

I guess Linderman is dead. Still wonder who is killing them all.

JEDIpartner
10-16-2007, 09:24 AM
I thought it was rumoured that Kristen Bell is Claire's half-sister. Whatever... we'll just have to wait.

I am completely tired of the Maya and Alejandro story. I don't care if the stupid Wonder Twins ran into Sylar. They are still boring as all hell!!! The only way I'll let this pass is if they start their own Legion of Doom. Boring boring boring!!! This was the worst storyline of the season so far.

The only new character I really like is Micah's cousin. She's adorable and I love how she is so confused about her recently discovered power!

Mad Slanted Powers
10-16-2007, 10:21 AM
I don't have a problem with the twins. It seems like some of the same complaints as last year when people were saying Nikki/Jessica and family's story wasn't going anywhere, yet it all came together later on. Right now, they are on a quest to reach Suresh and find answers, and having Sylar along helps them on that quest.

JEDIpartner
10-16-2007, 11:57 AM
I don't have a problem with the twins. It seems like some of the same complaints as last year when people were saying Nikki/Jessica and family's story wasn't going anywhere, yet it all came together later on. Right now, they are on a quest to reach Suresh and find answers, and having Sylar along helps them on that quest.

Yeah, but I still find the Nikki/Jessica story to have been the boring one of last year. I never got with that one at all.

jedibear
10-16-2007, 07:41 PM
Well, I'll grudgingly admit that this week drew me in a little more and kept me watching than the first three episodes did. Could it be because we take a break from the "Lucky Bourne Charms" story and stayed away from Hiro's SoCal Japan vacation? Maybe...

But...I'm still not thrilled with Claire's "deja vu" storyline...it just repeats too much of what she did last year (right down to the cheerleading boredom) and I just have a hard time buying that she and her father would just forget everything they've just experienced from last year and just jump into some standard teenage angst storyline. Boring. Annnnd...I REALLY dislike flying-creepy-stalker boy. No chemistry with these two at all...he is truly grating to listen to and watch (he looks like a casting reject from SmallDawsonville or something).

I got a kick out of the mystery picture...freezing it out on the big screen for a closer look has pretty much dashed my "Kensei as Linderman" idea (and shows the shot's really bad photoshopping...heck, the lighting source for everyone in the shot isn't even the same..it's a pretty bad cut-n-paste job)...could he be papa Pertrelli instead? The guy positioned next to Mama Petrelli with his head turned to the side looks vaguely like an older version of Kensei...which could help explain how he has the same power as Claire, being her grandfather and all...could he be the mystery attacker as well? We'll see...of course, that lends to the idea that flyboy might be related too....eeewww.

The whole Sylar with the twins thing is creepy...we'll see where that goes.

It's pretty obvious that Micah is going to end up getting into some trouble...how long will it be before he's robbing atm's for his cousin? And will Nichelle wake up and sing a chorus of "The skies are green and glowing"?

Monica seems like she could get interesting...her "power" could be fun...one thing about it that creeped me out a bit was the use of the same visual device to illustrate it that was used with Sylar in the finale...that flash of images in his eyes before he dies...er, I mean passes out. It was just odd...
While she looks more interesting than the ooze twins, it's still just too bad that the show runners feel the need to keep introducing new characters instead of creating more compelling storylines for the characters we know from last year. Oh well...

This week was a small step in the right direction, but I'm still not entirely sold on this year yet...

pegger
10-16-2007, 08:10 PM
I dont know ow Sylar got there either, maybe Pegger will have something from the graphic novels he reads at NBC.com.

Nothing on the graphic novel....

I think they are re-inventing Sylar. Notice how is now Gabriel - and his watch is broken...I'll be a bit more interested in what they do with him now...He's still a murderer...but he's a "normal"...

Flying-stalker boy - I agree - sucks.

Monica does seem interesting. So does Parkman's dad. Very interesting episode this week.

IT was also nice to have a Peter break...

JEDIpartner
10-16-2007, 08:44 PM
more interesting than the ooze twins

I keep waiting for Cigarette Smoking Man from The X-Files to show up and have Maya hauled away.

"She's infected with the black oil!!!"

Rocketboy
10-17-2007, 02:01 AM
IT was also nice to have a Peter break...
Thats what she said.

JediTricks
10-17-2007, 04:49 AM
I got a kick out of "that's my dad" from Parkman, good twist. Yes, this universe is getting a little too closed-circle, but Parkman's been out of that circle for the most part till now.

I think the Kensei as Linderman idea may have legs after all, while thinking about the actor playing the part of Kensei, David Anders, I realized he was using a slightly different accent and manner of speaking with his British accent, I think he's subtly aping Malcolm McDowell's accent there.

Anybody else notice that the woman standing next to Parkman's dad in the photo was actress Joanna Cassidy (Blade Runner, Who Framed Roger Rabbit)? She hasn't even been on the series yet, I'm betting she's the real Nightmare Man.

Was it me or did her "Tomato Rose" look better than the TV show one? It absolutely was.

Well, I'll grudgingly admit that this week drew me in a little more and kept me watching than the first three episodes did. Could it be because we take a break from the "Lucky Bourne Charms" story and stayed away from Hiro's SoCal Japan vacation? Maybe...

But...I'm still not thrilled with Claire's "deja vu" storyline...it just repeats too much of what she did last year (right down to the cheerleading boredom) and I just have a hard time buying that she and her father would just forget everything they've just experienced from last year and just jump into some standard teenage angst storyline. Boring. Annnnd...I REALLY dislike flying-creepy-stalker boy. No chemistry with these two at all...he is truly grating to listen to and watch (he looks like a casting reject from SmallDawsonville or something).

This week was a small step in the right direction, but I'm still not entirely sold on this year yet...Agreed on all those fronts.

Beast
10-17-2007, 10:07 AM
You know who I keep coming back to in my mind as "The Nightmare Man". What about Charles Deveaux? Sure he's dead, but when did that ever keep someone down. Especially if they're using The Shadow King as a basis. A purely psychic entity that lives in the astral plane. And his powers, though never fully revealed in the first season... hinted at being able to enter people's dreams. Such as he did with Peter Petrelli. Plus he was able to see Peter when he was invisble, in the dream.

Kidhuman
10-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Beast you may have hit it on the head.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Looks like G4TV is going to start broadcasting reruns of the new episodes of Heroes on Saturdays. They will be followed by post show program. There will be a season 1 marathon this weekend, October 27 & 28. Season 2 episodes will begin on November 3.

http://www.g4tv.com/heroes/splash.aspx

Beast
10-17-2007, 08:56 PM
Beast you may have hit it on the head.
I know. It makes sense. Even though it's almost a bit too obvious. :)

They'll probably tease us for 2-3 episodes it's Matt's dad, then kill him.

jedibear
10-18-2007, 12:16 AM
Hmmm...Beast, you are providing some interesting food for thought.

I recall Sulu saying something along the lines of "I never expected it to be you" right before the plunge...we'll see.

JEDIpartner
10-23-2007, 10:01 AM
I thought the mindf*ck scene where Nathan and Matt were in the same room and having different "dreams" was awesome! The choreography was fantastic and the concept really wrote me back into what has been a pretty dull season thus far. Please bring us more of this sort of thing!!!

I'm a bit pleased that the Claire storyline was given a break this week. While she is my favourite character, I'm a little tired of her tale at the mo.

The Peter storyline, while good in some ways, is getting a little old. We get it: He's rediscovering who he is. Let's get on with it, please. The dialogue in his scenes is so mechanical. My partner said, "What's with the dialogue? It's so..." and I chimed in, "George Lucas?" He was like, "YEAH!!!!!!!"

So, the thing that really pleased me this week was the small screen return of my favourite blonde, Kristen Bell. While they didn't give her a lot to do yet, she still showed that she's very charismatic, natural and NOT Veronica Mars. I rather enjoyed her cold, bad-@$$ "sent on a mission" character. It will be interesting to find out who she is reporting to at the Company. All hail Kristen Bell!!!

General_Grievous
10-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Last night's episode was so-so for me. I liked it, but nothing in the plot seemed to have changed except for Peter's story. The best parts were the scenes with Kristen Bell. :thumbsup:

JEDIpartner
10-23-2007, 11:08 AM
I thought the inclusion of Matt's dad as a quasi-villain wasn't too bad.

But, yeah... Kristen Bell rocks this gay man's heart!!! :love:

figrin bran
10-23-2007, 12:11 PM
So, the thing that really pleased me this week was the small screen return of my favourite blonde, Kristen Bell. While they didn't give her a lot to do yet, she still showed that she's very charismatic, natural and NOT Veronica Mars. I rather enjoyed her cold, bad-@$$ "sent on a mission" character. It will be interesting to find out who she is reporting to at the Company. All hail Kristen Bell!!!

Actually I kind of disagree, the way that Elle went about her search for Peter, along with her mannerisms were a lot like Veronica Mars, minus the sugary qualities which have been replaced by more slightly deranged qualities.

JEDIpartner
10-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Actually I kind of disagree, the way that Elle went about her search for Peter, along with her mannerisms were a lot like Veronica Mars, minus the sugary qualities which have been replaced by more slightly deranged qualities.

You're allowed to disagree. I think that she was just very "Kristen Bell".

JediTricks
10-23-2007, 04:59 PM
Last night's ep was frustrating because I still don't like a lot of this season, but it had a few moments that did work - Matt vs Nathan was definitely one of them. Yet then you have Mohinder taking Molly to the Company, Matt somehow trusting his dad and unlocking his cuffs after 2 minutes, the overly-cute and compressed storyline for Micah's cousin, Peter's ridiculous amnesia storyline, and more of Hiro's pointless adventure. I also didn't feel it with Kristen Bell's thing, the power seems a tad over the top - I don't care who her dad is - and using it the way she did is about as subtle as a brick in the face, way to keep those powers under the radar.

I dunno what's happened though, this show in season 1 was the one thing that had me feeling very charged up after viewing it, and now it's treading water or just content to go from point A to point B rather than building an interesting mystery. And the writing has slid badly, both in dialogue and behavior, as has the editing. I no longer feel that anticipation for next week's ep like last year, now it's more of a chore to watch hoping something right will happen. At this point, there's no storyline that I really am digging, everything feels like TV writers lifting plot lines from soaps and comics without the latter's inspiration.

You're allowed to disagree. I think that she was just very "Kristen Bell".I'm with Figgy on this, I've seen her act not like VM in other stuff, here it was somewhat similar.

El Chuxter
10-23-2007, 06:00 PM
While I still haven't seen Season 1, since I'm waiting to borrow a copy (happy, Rocketboy?), the fairly widespread disappointment in Season 2 as compared to the postivity you all displayed this time a year ago is, well, a bit disheartening.

JediTricks
10-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Season 1 alone is worth watching, and season 2 may pay off at some point.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Gee, and I thought everyone would be happy because there were no twins and no Sylar.

I still look forward to this show with plenty of anticipation, and am enjoying it a lot.

Kidhuman
10-23-2007, 08:28 PM
I touht last night was a good episode. Claire and her half arsed story line wasnt in it. I am getting tired of it.

I was glad the Mexican twins were not in it. Altough I liked the preiew when Sylar told him when he gets his power back he will kill him.

Peters storyline took a nice spin. Wonder what is in Montreal.

I am liking Monicas character. I foresee Moinder taking both her and Micah back with him to see Nikki, then all hell breaks loose there when Parkman and Nathan show up as well.

The Kristen Bell character: I thought it was ok, never wtached VM, so I cant comment. I hope the way they were writing about her being in it, she plays a bigger part than some bounty hunter type person.

Also, I wish Hiro would just leave the damn past and return to present times.

figrin bran
10-23-2007, 11:31 PM
You're allowed to disagree. I think that she was just very "Kristen Bell".

JP, this little discussion we're having about Kristen is kind of funny because you, JT and myself were probably the only people, not just on this board but the entire country that watched VM last season. :p

I went back to watch KB's clips on nbc.com and I still think she was channeling Dark Side Veronica, particularly when questioning the Irish dude (forgot his name).

KB/Elle: you know, I've never been in an Irish pub before...do you have haggis? A very VMish sort of tactic - feigning ignorance to get a questionee to open up

Irish dude: that's Scotland...we have blah blah blah

KB/Elle: I was hoping you could help me...I'm looking for a guy

Irish dude: some joke about sticking around after a soccer game

KB (feigns a snicker - very VMish): his name's Peter Petrelli (whips out his photo - also very VMish)

Irish dude : never seen him before

KB/Elle : never seen him before?

Irish dude : never seen him before

KB/Elle : (pauses slightly then feigning sincerity - yet another VM tactic) cool! thanks! (walks away for a few paces) the thing is I talked to some people

A-ha! Trying to trap questionees in their own lies is yet another VM tactic. That's where the similarities end in that interaction as Veronica would've just left the pub while Elle proceeds to cast force lightning. However, you have to admit, Veronica was pretty good with the taser :p

I won't mind seeing more of Sylar if he ends up killing stalkerboy West.

Also I thought it was an interesting twist that Micah, who is much younger, is the one leading Monica on her "hero's journey". Usually it's an older person that opens the hero to a whole different world of possibilities.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-24-2007, 01:40 AM
JP, this little discussion we're having about Kristen is kind of funny because you, JT and myself were probably the only people, not just on this board but the entire country that watched VM last season. :pI was the fourth.

Your comparisons to Veronica Mars fit pretty well. I don't mind that she brings those characteristics and mannerisms to this show, because that was what I liked about her.

figrin bran
10-24-2007, 01:50 AM
Oops, sorry, I didn't mean to leave you out MSP! Apparently the CW didn't acknowledge any of the 4 of us! ;)

I don't mind either because she's just playing to her own acting strengths. Plus with most of the characters being rather staid, it's good to have someone like her. I'm not sure how she would've fit into Lost, had she opted to be on that show instead.

RooJay
10-24-2007, 02:11 AM
I too had never seen Veronica Mars, and after seeing Kristen Bell here, I have to say that I'm not impressed. Sorry, but I just don't see what all the hubbub is about this lady. I was impressed neither by her acting, her looks (she definitely ain't ugly, but she's still none to thrilling far as I'm concerned,) nor her character's storyline so far. Someone please care to enlighten me? She reminds me of Sarah Michelle 'Rat-Face' Gellar, whom I tend to thoroughly loathe and avoid like the plague.

JediTricks
10-24-2007, 05:11 AM
Gee, and I thought everyone would be happy because there were no twins and no Sylar.

I still look forward to this show with plenty of anticipation, and am enjoying it a lot.No Maya, no Alejandro, no Sylar, no Claire, no West - it should have been good, but it was only sub-par with some small moments.

I was glad the Mexican twins were not in it. Altough I liked the preiew when Sylar told him when he gets his power back he will kill him.Yeah, I guess he does that because Alejandro doesn't speak english - of course, if Alejandro can mimic, he can repeat it to his sister who can translate.

BTW, could we get a moratorium from the writers on having the Guatemalan twins saying each other's names for another episode please? Not hearing "Maija" every 5 seconds was wonderful.

pegger
10-24-2007, 08:54 AM
Wonder what is in Montreal.

Montreal is AWESOME! Great restaurants, hot women...

oh wait - we're talking the show....

JEDIpartner
10-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Entertainment Weekly wrote a nice little story about how they are disappointed with this season as well. They are giving it a C- so far. They are spot on when they say that every week is the same and that nothing is happening. They've also got it right when they say there is no pressing mission like last year: "Save the cheerleader... save the world!"

I remember several people bemoaning Lost and the plotline there and pointing to Heroes as what to do "right" when writing a story. A lot of people forgot that Lost, while meandering, had a lot of ground to cover and points to connect. They weren't comparing season one of Lost to season one of Heroes. They were comparing season three. That's not really fair. In perspective, I think that Lost had it right in season two compared to Heroes in season two.

Let's please get on with it and stop introducing too many new characters when you've already established enough characters that we like-- and DO SOMETHING WITH THEM!!!

Kidhuman
10-24-2007, 01:41 PM
Let's please get on with it and stop introducing too many new characters when you've already established enough characters that we like-- and DO SOMETHING WITH THEM!!!

I believe they are headed that way now. Nathan and Parkman meeting up. Mohinder saw Nikksica and then showed up were Micah is now. Noah and the Haitian are back together on some crazy mission. I believe Kristen Bell is the last character to be introduced that will have a huge impact on the story. Also Hiro seems to be wrapping up his journey and should be heading home.

pegger
10-24-2007, 02:32 PM
Noah and the Haitian are back together on some crazy mission.

By the way - that last scene with Noah and the Haitan....That was Montreal in the background, I believe.

Kidhuman
10-24-2007, 02:33 PM
I thought they said they were going to the Ukraine.

Lord Malakite
10-24-2007, 03:29 PM
I thought they said they were going to the Ukraine.
Well, you know how television goes. They film one place in real life, like say Montreal, for cost reasons and then they tell you its someplace else, like say the Ukraine for story purposes. :D

JediTricks
10-24-2007, 04:36 PM
I had just read that EW article, it's sadly pretty accurate: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20152909,00.html

Mad Slanted Powers
10-24-2007, 07:41 PM
I don't get it. Why are you all wasting time watching a show that continues to disappoint you?

Beast
10-24-2007, 08:03 PM
I don't get it. Why are you all wasting time watching a show that continues to disappoint you?
Same reason comic readers buy the next issue.

Because they hope it will get better.

Season 1 made everyone care about the characters. Now we're hooked.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-24-2007, 09:17 PM
Same reason comic readers buy the next issue.

Because they hope it will get better.

Season 1 made everyone care about the characters. Now we're hooked.
Sounds like battered wife syndrome. Get out before you get hurt bad.

Beast
10-24-2007, 09:26 PM
Sounds like battered wife syndrome. Get out before you get hurt bad.
It does, doesn't it. Heh.

JediTricks
10-24-2007, 10:21 PM
Minus the battery. Geez you guys, it's not at all like battered wife syndrome, it's more like apathetic fiance syndrome. :p

Beast
10-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Minus the battery. Geez you guys, it's not at all like battered wife syndrome, it's more like apathetic fiance syndrome. :p
I dunno. I've read some Chuck Austen, Frank Tieri, and Jeph Loeb stuff.

That's like psychological abuse at least. :D

Rocketboy
10-24-2007, 10:54 PM
I may have missed this point since I skimmed the last week's worth of posts:
Kristin Bell has the sparking power Peter used at the start of the season - a possible connection there.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-24-2007, 11:03 PM
Kristin Bell has the sparking power Peter used at the start of the season - a possible connection there.Yes, I was thinking that as well. Unless he got a power like that from Sylar, I was thinking he might have got it from her.

Kidhuman
10-24-2007, 11:06 PM
I thought he shot out EMP's from Ted's powers.

figrin bran
10-24-2007, 11:09 PM
Kristin Bell has the sparking power Peter used at the start of the season - a possible connection there.

It might take until the "4 months ago" episode to find out but I think KH is right and Peter got that ability from Ted Sprague.

jedibear
10-25-2007, 01:55 AM
Well...

This week was another tiny step in the right direction...just a tiny one.

After all the hype about Kristen Bell, I was pretty underwhelmed...and so was the audience at large...this week's installment was the lowest rated of the entire run. Not that Ms. Bell is to blame for that...I would attribute that more to the growing apathy to the extreme lack of direction the show has taken so far this year with everything from the lame writing, the un-engaging new characters and the flunky production values (check out that really bad greenscreen action with Noah and the Haitian...you can't afford the Ukraine, fine but geez, at least match the lighting, folks!).

Even Wendy and Lisa's music sounds muted and listless this year, which considering the punchless proceedings is actually rather appropriate....

Each week has thrown us a little crumb of creativity...this week's being the trippy turns with Matt and Nathan, only to keep undercutting it with moments of utter foolishness (Monica was marginally inspired last week...now she manifests her powers by...wait for it...JUMPING ROPE?)...

At least we were spared the black goo twins or the flying stalker and the "I'm going to be a dumb-blonde cliche if it kills me" Claire this week...and if that new blonde (Ms. Bell) did ANYTHING really useful this week, it was putting one of the "Irish Spring" brigade out of our misery...now if only she could catch up with Peter and zap some sense into him and cheerfully fry the other useless tart and she'll have proven her worth tenfold....

The Ando thing is....well, kinda dumb, actually. Let's see...Hiro took the time out to write this treacle-filled romance novel on these little scrolls and hide them in the sword handle so Ando could have a scientist, who has nothing better to do, look bored translating this muck for him? It's a lame device to keep Hiro in the game....

There is still no real momentum being generated by these storylines...the vignettes are so abbreviated, so scattershot, that we're just left bored and confused...I think the creative team needs to look at what really worked with this show last year and give the focus groups a rest...this show is still sinking fast...

MadSlanted asked why we still bother watching a show that continues to disappoint...and Beast had the right answer that I'll embellish here....in season 1, they introduced us to a group of characters that became interesting and a story that became involving, two major qualities that are missing this year. I'm hoping that that creative groove wasn't the fluke...that this rut the show is stuck in is....

I'll stick with it for a while longer...I mean really, who can turn away from a train wreck while it happens?

RooJay
10-25-2007, 01:57 AM

I still watch because, in spite of my disappointment, I still love and enjoy the show, I love the characters and I'm already hip deep in involvement in the story - for better or worse. In fact, I'm certain that this is all leading somewhere and we'll eventually get back on track. I have faith. Faith that Kristen Bell's character might eventually be killed off, that something will finally happen with Maya and Alejandro, that Peter will finally remember that he's Peter and that he's actually part of a much better story, that West will accidentally fly into a plane engine, that Hiro will get back in gear and that things'll start getting good again. Meanwhile, I hold out hope that some of this stuff will actually matter to the parts of the story I became so enthralled with last season.

RooJay
10-25-2007, 02:01 AM
you can't afford the Ukraine, fine but geez, at least match the lighting, folks!).

I've never been to the Ukraine, what's the lighting supposed to look like there?

Mad Slanted Powers
10-25-2007, 02:09 AM
Each week has thrown us a little crumb of creativity...this week's being the trippy turns with Matt and Nathan, only to keep undercutting it with moments of utter foolishness (Monica was marginally inspired last week...now she manifests her powers by...wait for it...JUMPING ROPE?)...She would have stood out quite a bit if she had tried to do one of the other things, like do a slam dunk. Instead, she chose something fun that wouldn't look so conspicuous. She's just another girl jumping rope like the girl she imitated.

At least we were spared the black goo twins or the flying stalker and the "I'm going to be a dumb-blonde cliche if it kills me" Claire this week...and if that new blonde (Ms. Bell) did ANYTHING really useful this week, it was putting one of the "Irish Spring" brigade out of our misery...now if only she could catch up with Peter and zap some sense into him and cheerfully fry the other useless tart and she'll have proven her worth tenfold....I like the Irish girl. I'd rather she not get fried.

There is still no real momentum being generated by these storylines...the vignettes are so abbreviated, so scattershot, that we're just left bored and confused...I think the creative team needs to look at what really worked with this show last year and give the focus groups a rest...this show is still sinking fast...I am neither bored nor confused. This week had a lot going for it. Matt confronted his dad and we saw what he was able to do. Their struggle to get out that trap was kind of cool. Peter opened the box, Kristen Bell showed up, and things are moving forward on that storyline. Mohinder runs into Nikki, and then goes to meet mimic girl, who learned more about her powers with the help of Micah. Also, Molly is now in the hands of the Company. How much more needs to happen every week? I mean, this is just a TV show inspired by comic books. Just sit back and enjoy it.

JediTricks
10-25-2007, 04:26 PM
I thought he shot out EMP's from Ted's powers.That was my assumption as well.

She would have stood out quite a bit if she had tried to do one of the other things, like do a slam dunk. Instead, she chose something fun that wouldn't look so conspicuous. She's just another girl jumping rope like the girl she imitated.Too bad you can't go back in time and tell them to write that into the script. But that's not in what we got, that has to be interpolated from inference which is not good enough.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Too bad you can't go back in time and tell them to write that into the script. But that's not in what we got, that has to be interpolated from inference which is not good enough.I'm not sure what you mean. She and Micah are out looking for something to test her powers on. They see a skateboarder doing a trick and a guy slam dunking a basketball. Then she saw the jump rope. Since it was a bunch of other young black women doing the jump rope, she probably fit in better with that.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-28-2007, 08:55 PM
alright, i'm back. I got backed up on my season 1 marathon and decided to finish that up and then kick into season 2. As of ten minutes ago, I'm caught up. Here we go:

1. Hiro needs to get his a-- to the present, ASAP. I enjoyed his stint in the past for a bit, but it's only going to lead to more disaster. I'm betting $$ that Yaeko gets killed and he has to travel back to save her, revealing himself to her so she can fall in love with him. I think we all figure Hiro was going to somehow turn into Kensei, so he needs to get to it.

2. I'm enjoying the plot with Parkman and Nathan. His dad seems like a good villain, very good to have these days. I did like Nathans fight with is burned self.

3. Claire. Seriously, if she could feel it: i'd back hand her. She needs to stay off the radar and quit hanging out with West. I don't trust that kid, at all. I hope HRG lays down the law and backhands West. I am disturbed that we saw what could be HRG's demise in the last episode. I REALLY hope that doesn't happen.

4. I do like Mohinder working for the company and his involvement with HRG.

5. Peter...where do I begin? WHen he said at the end of the last episode how he couldn't run anymore, I nearly cheered in delight. IT'S ABOUT TIME. He needs to get his sh** together and nice duel with Veronica Mars. And I don't think their powers are too connected. Peter has the ability via Ted to create fire/electricity whereas Veronica (don't know her characters name, sorry) can just use electricity. If i remember correctly, when Ted did the EMP, I think Bennett said something like "burn hot" or something along those lines.

5. I don't mind Maya and Alejandro as I don't know how they're operating. I did like how Sylar bumped into them though, that was nifty.

6. I'm really enjoying Monica and Micah; they just have a good repoire together with their powers. and c'mon, how bada-- was it when she kicked that thug?!!? That was great!

7. And maybe i'm alone on this, but i'm really enjoying all of the mystery and intrigue involving the old generations of heroes before them. I like discovering how everybody is connected and I nearly pooped myself when Parkman said that was his dad. I dunno; maybe i dig mysteries and the angle they're using here.

8. I think that's about it. Overall, while this is pretty different from last season, I am enjoying this one quite a bit. Like Roojay, I also think that these connections are all leading somewhere. Frankly, I think it'll be a battle between the older generation of heroes versus the current one and sides will be chosen. We'll just see who goes up against who. :thumbsup:

Mad Slanted Powers
10-28-2007, 10:24 PM
6. I'm really enjoying Monica and Micah; they just have a good repoire together with their powers. and c'mon, how bada-- was it when she kicked that thug?!!? That was great!Indeed.

7. And maybe i'm alone on this, but i'm really enjoying all of the mystery and intrigue involving the old generations of heroes before them. I like discovering how everybody is connected and I nearly pooped myself when Parkman said that was his dad. I dunno; maybe i dig mysteries and the angle they're using here.That's what I like as well, so I'm not impatient at all about Hiro being stuck in the past or Peter being stuck in Ireland. I like the way everything is weaved together, yet we don't see the patterns revealed all at once.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Seriously? No comments yet?!?

1. I'm happy to see HRG return to his usual bada-- self once again, killing Peter Parker's neighbor from Spider-Man 2-3. The new paintings look interesting!!!

2. One of the paintings showed what looks like a fight between Kensei and Hiro, which should be great. Hopefully, Hiro will defeat him, save Japan and then get his silly a-- back to the present.

3. I did like Claire messing with the head cheerleader, but jesus, what is she thinking putting herself out there like that?!?! She needs to get her act together and quit thinking with her hormones. And I STILL don't trust this West kid, at all.

4. I'm anxious to see Sylar turn Maya to the darkside.hehehehehe He was delightfully creepy when he was speaking english to Alejandro.

5. I am curious to see how and if Monica will be used by the company. With her powers, she looks like she could be a huge asset to them.

6. Yeah, i'm starting to think Mohinder is in for some trouble being teamed up with Nikki/Jessica. In fact, one of the paintings looked like Mohinder pointing a gun at somebody!

7. and lastly, Peter in the future!!! We're finally starting to see where this is going: the outbreak of the (more than likely) company virus!!!

I've enjoyed the season thus far, but now i'm gettin' really excited! :thumbsup:

pegger
10-30-2007, 01:38 PM
Seriously? No comments yet?!?

1. I'm happy to see HRG return to his usual bada-- self once again, killing Peter Parker's neighbor from Spider-Man 2-3. The new paintings look interesting!!!

2. One of the paintings showed what looks like a fight between Kensei and Hiro, which should be great. Hopefully, Hiro will defeat him, save Japan and then get his silly a-- back to the present.

3. I did like Claire messing with the head cheerleader, but jesus, what is she thinking putting herself out there like that?!?! She needs to get her act together and quit thinking with her hormones. And I STILL don't trust this West kid, at all.

4. I'm anxious to see Sylar turn Maya to the darkside.hehehehehe He was delightfully creepy when he was speaking english to Alejandro.

5. I am curious to see how and if Monica will be used by the company. With her powers, she looks like she could be a huge asset to them.

6. Yeah, i'm starting to think Mohinder is in for some trouble being teamed up with Nikki/Jessica. In fact, one of the paintings looked like Mohinder pointing a gun at somebody!

7. and lastly, Peter in the future!!! We're finally starting to see where this is going: the outbreak of the (more than likely) company virus!!!

I've enjoyed the season thus far, but now i'm gettin' really excited! :thumbsup:

Sylar being creepy, and Peter in the future were the highlights.

In fact, the end of the last episode raised my hopes now - now we know what the crisis is - and hopefully they'll get onto it now.

I was excited to see DL in the scenes for next week.

Also, seeing Noah get back to his shady self was nice too. I told my wife, that torture (erasing the memories of your dead daughter) was the best torture. I know I would spill my guts too (If I was in the same situation).

General_Grievous
10-30-2007, 01:45 PM
I liked last night's episode a lot. Noah really owned the episode when he was torturing the "rent guy" from Spider-Man 2 and 3. I liked Claire getting back at the head cheerleader too. Hiro's plotline grew very interesting last night, and I'm looking forward to his fight with Kensei. But I think Hiro will be in feudal Japan for the rest of the season at most. I'm really looking forward to next week's episode that takes place in the future.

But pegger, are you sure that was DL in the preview? I thought it was the Haitian, but then again, I was really tired last night.

pegger
10-30-2007, 02:06 PM
But pegger, are you sure that was DL in the preview? I thought it was the Haitian, but then again, I was really tired last night.

I thought it was DL - talking to Nikki about how she can't be doing what she's doing, or something like that...It looked like a "flashback" or haunted memory type sequence.

jedibear
10-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Well, well...

This show finally kicked into gear last night. After last week's tease with the great Matt/Nathan scenes, I was hopeful that this week's episode would have the show getting it's groove back and it did in a big way.

The weakest link this week was the Claire cheerleader thing...I hope that the story moves quickly past the whole boring HS drama stuff.

Good to see Sylar/Gabriel struttin' his evil side so strongly...made the scenes with the goo twins really crackle for the first time.

And of the new characters, I think Monica is going to end up moving to the forefront...she's got charisma and spark....loved the "here's a loaded ipod, now train!" scene...

The unintended crack-up moment for me was when labcoat was reading ahead on the scrolls and Ando whined for him not to skip ahead...that he must see everyting. I was thinking..."Yes! Please skip ahead! Let's get past this!" lol

But as G G mentioned...Noah owned the night. Great scenes...it was good to see that his character is not going "soft" in order to do what he thinks he has to...keeps the drama interesting...

Maybe we're finally on a roll again with this show after four weeks of sputtering...I hope so!

Lord Malakite
10-30-2007, 02:48 PM
and lastly, Peter in the future!!! We're finally starting to see where this is going: the outbreak of the (more than likely) company virus!!!
Quick, get Bishop and Cable. We need them to get Wolverine so we can stop the plague created by Apocalypse in the present to save the future...oh wait, wrong show. :D

I think I've enjoyed Hiro's story the most so far. As bad as it was for Kensei to screw over everyone like that at the end of last night's episode, I honestly can't blame him. With as much as Hiro has praised him in the previous episodes and built his confidence up from a selfish drunk to a caring hero, what Hiro did to him last night (even if unintentional) must have been a real kick to the crotch.:whip:

Beast
10-30-2007, 02:54 PM
At least something is finally happening in the series again. Now we just need to start bringing the major players together again and have a unified story/mission for them. These side stories have been ok, but they're like waiting for water to boil.

Kidhuman
10-30-2007, 07:08 PM
I really loved last nights episode.

As many of you here didnt care for the Claire/West storyline, I thought it was good as it built trust between them only making it harder for Claire to choose when she finds out Noah did tat to West.

Noah was awesome. I am so glad he killed him. I thought he would justhave the Haititan wipe the memories out, but that still would have lead them back to those two.

Peter finally left Ireland, good stuff.

Mohinder is up sh**ts creek with Nicksica. I think he was pointing the gun at either Nicksica or even Bob. It could be Parkmans Dad tough.

And lastly, WHO THE F**K IS ADAM? What does he do and I cant wait to see him. His name was on the file and on Peters note attatched to the mirror.

The thing tat sucks is it is getting into gear and then a hiatusis coming for a month or so. Bastards

Mad Slanted Powers
10-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Good episode, but I don't see how it was really any different or better than the others so far this year.

General_Grievous
10-30-2007, 08:17 PM
The thing tat sucks is it is getting into gear and then a hiatusis coming for a month or so. Bastards

I thought that they were cutting hiatuses to a minimum due to "Heroes: Origins"?

Beast
10-30-2007, 08:20 PM
I thought that they were cutting hiatuses to a minimum due to "Heroes: Origins"?
That's changed. They decided to shift Heroes: Origins to the end of the season.

Kidhuman
10-30-2007, 10:46 PM
It doesnt matter when thats on, the story usually gets really good and then Hiatus. Last year Peter and Sylar squared off and then 7 weeks until the next one. Its a b*tch no matter what the filler is.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-30-2007, 11:56 PM
Are we certain there is going to be that long of a hiatus? Even if the other show is later instead of sooner, they still have the same amount of time to fill up unless they plan on going further into the summer. Most series have a break during the holidays anyway, so I don't have a problem with that.

RooJay
10-31-2007, 01:43 AM
I'm wondering if Monica is going to end up the first Hero to do some real super-heroing? Sounded like she was being given the initiative there. You know, do some good in the neighborhood, and all that jazz.

JediTricks
10-31-2007, 04:22 AM
This episode proves the season is lost in a sea of weak-*** soap opera crap, treadmilling, and recycling of last year's situations.

What? Traveling to the future only to see New York in danger again? Inconceivable.

Issac's paintings revealing cryptic pieces of the future? Wow.

Sylar using others' powers for pure, mustache-twirling evil? The deuce, you say.

Bennett & the Haitian are doing evil stuff while lying about where they're going? Incredible.

Hiro going back in time and falling in love with a girl he hardly knows? How original.

Claire's a cheerleader again? Unfathomable.

Peter learning how to use powers? Outrageous.

Mohinder getting in over his head with powerful enemies? No way.

But hey, at least Maya and Alejandro are still driving and driving and driving, Hiro's wasting time in the hills of Southern Califor... Japan... while Kensei behaves in a sloppy and stupid evil manner while feeling anger and jealousy over a woman he barely knows, Monica's storyline went surprisingly nowhere, Jessica may be back even though she was defeated late in season 1, and naturally, Claire's being stupid with West.

What happened to the introspection of these characters? Hell, even shallow little Claire used to question her role in the universe with her accursed powers. Now it's all "go to point A, do action B, don't notice contrivance C", thinning out already-realized characters while simultaneously giving us nothing to see in new ones. And the powers, the magic's been drained completely from them, when they're even used at all.

It's like season 1's brilliant writers have been completely replaced by mindless TV hacks who simply regurgitate the same old junk we've already seen a million times only with a new coat of paint. And to make up for the lack of quality writing, they also robbed the F/X budget so everything looks like bluescreened crap.

I was so glad when friends called near the beginning and near the end, it was far more rewarding than paying close attention hoping for a slim thread of interesting. I went back later and caught some of the little stuff on tape that I had glossed over originally, I missed nothing good though.

DarthBrandon
10-31-2007, 07:54 PM
This episode proves the season is lost in a sea of weak-*** soap opera crap, treadmilling, and recycling of last year's situations.

What? Traveling to the future only to see New York in danger again? Inconceivable.

Issac's paintings revealing cryptic pieces of the future? Wow.

Sylar using others' powers for pure, mustache-twirling evil? The deuce, you say.

Bennett & the Haitian are doing evil stuff while lying about where they're going? Incredible.

Hiro going back in time and falling in love with a girl he hardly knows? How original.

Claire's a cheerleader again? Unfathomable.

Peter learning how to use powers? Outrageous.

Mohinder getting in over his head with powerful enemies? No way.

But hey, at least Maya and Alejandro are still driving and driving and driving, Hiro's wasting time in the hills of Southern Califor... Japan... while Kensei behaves in a sloppy and stupid evil manner while feeling anger and jealousy over a woman he barely knows, Monica's storyline went surprisingly nowhere, Jessica may be back even though she was defeated late in season 1, and naturally, Claire's being stupid with West.

What happened to the introspection of these characters? Hell, even shallow little Claire used to question her role in the universe with her accursed powers. Now it's all "go to point A, do action B, don't notice contrivance C", thinning out already-realized characters while simultaneously giving us nothing to see in new ones. And the powers, the magic's been drained completely from them, when they're even used at all.

It's like season 1's brilliant writers have been completely replaced by mindless TV hacks who simply regurgitate the same old junk we've already seen a million times only with a new coat of paint. And to make up for the lack of quality writing, they also robbed the F/X budget so everything looks like bluescreened crap.

I was so glad when friends called near the beginning and near the end, it was far more rewarding than paying close attention hoping for a slim thread of interesting. I went back later and caught some of the little stuff on tape that I had glossed over originally, I missed nothing good though.

Awesome, that totally sums up my feelings on this season so far.:thumbsup:

El Chuxter
11-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but newsarama.com is reporting that Heroes: Origins is going bye-bye. It's unclear at this point whether it's because of the likely writers' strike or the dropoff in ratings this season.

General_Grievous
11-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Damn. I was looking forward to what Kevin Smith could bring to it.

JediTricks
11-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Awesome, that totally sums up my feelings on this season so far.:thumbsup:I only wish it didn't have to be that way for us, the loyal viewing audience.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but newsarama.com is reporting that Heroes: Origins is going bye-bye. It's unclear at this point whether it's because of the likely writers' strike or the dropoff in ratings this season.Both, the strike since the series was supposed to film later on which will be right in the middle of the strike (unless it gets averted). And the ratings falloff means less money to put into the series.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-03-2007, 12:46 PM
More bad news from SHH that took it from TVGuide.com:

TV Guide reports that with the writers strike confirmed to start on Monday, "Heroes" is going back and shooting an alternate ending to the Dec. 3 episode that, if used, would allow the episode to function as a season finale.

The magazine says that originally, the episode was only supposed to serve as the conclusion of the current "Generations" arc.

Great. Thanks to the greediness of executives who won't give writers their due, we're going to be forced into reality TV and game shows. And let's be honest, LOTS of shows are going to lose viewers when/if they return. Shows like JOURNEYMAN and any new shows on the bubble will probably get the boot. Very disappointing and it should be an asstacular Winter/Spring on the tele. At least we'll have LOST. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
11-04-2007, 11:09 PM
I was thinking, perhaps the bad writing is intentional, I've noticed several series have had their writing slip this season - Heroes, My Name is Earl, Scrubs, and Smallville. Maybe this is like that "worst episode ever" episode of The Simpsons where the writers wrote an intentionally bad episode to show why writers were going on strike.

El Chuxter
11-04-2007, 11:17 PM
But I would think that that's a half-arsed backward strategy, at best. "We're going to prove how much you need us by turning in lousy work"? Huh?

Kidhuman
11-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Peter remembers, good stuff. Well he remembers some stuff.

Adam is Kenzei, didnt see that coming at all. I liked they way they worked it.

Claire is in deep sh*t with Noah now. West found out and booked, wonder if he will try and be stupid and do something.

Parkman flipping it around on his dad was pretty cool. I thought the I love you Molly part and her coming out of it was cheesy though

DL was a nice surprise, just wish they would have kept him around.

At least alot of things will be answered next week on who is who and all this jazz.

figrin bran
11-06-2007, 01:31 AM
Great move revealing your entire hand, Mohinder! :rolleyes:

Beast
11-06-2007, 09:04 AM
Take the following with a grain of salt.

On another front, I have been advised by a source on “Heroes” that Tim Kring has quit the series. Apparently the network was making him remove storylines that could not be wrapped up in the existing episodes that are now being finished. This caused wholesale rewrites of three episodes over the past week and weekend.

And on the lot where “Heroes” shoots, there was an incident at the picket line where a PA working on another show ran over the foot of one of the picketers.
My thoughts...

1. Maybe the series will stop sucking so bad if Kring departs and takes some of the extra characters that have been introduced this season with him. The show has been horribly cluttered with almost no purpose so far this season.

2. Tim Kring is really looking poor here. He has a tantrum and quits because the network didn't want to leave the cut short 2nd Season littered with danglers and even unfinished? I know it sucks the writer's strike is screwing up so much stuff, but what's wrong with giving viewers some sort of satisfying conclusion for the shortened season. It's not like those dangling storylines can't be introduced and/or followed through later, either in Season 2.5 (If the Strike Gets Settled) or Season 3.

General_Grievous
11-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Last night's episode was decent, but I really can't wait until next week's "Four Months Ago" episode. Kensei as Adam was surprising, as was Mohinder revealing his "second job" to Bob. But I was not expecting Hiro to leave feudal Japan so soon. Do you think this was done as a last minute precaution for the writers' strike?

Rocketboy
11-06-2007, 11:50 AM
The current storyline was only planned to be the first half of the season and Kensei only had that final trial to go (which Hiro did in a way) so I imagine it was time for Hiro to come home anyway.
I think the only last minute strike prep was writing an alternate episode 11 to wrap the season up due to the writer's strike.

Beast
11-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Ok, the news about Kring quitting is false. He's denying it on AOL News.

Here's a quote from the man himself from AOL news today:

Quote:
Tim Kring, a producer and writer of the NBC hit "Heroes," said he had to revise the ending of the show's 11th episode on the chance that it might be the last one to air this season.

So he hasnt quit, he's just left the show along with all the writers to protest. You can expect to see this happen on most if not ALL shows

"Fortunately we were able to hustle back," Kring said from a picket line in an effort to shut down the show. "The audience won't be left in a lurch."

Kidhuman
11-06-2007, 04:37 PM
I was reading an article in the Oct 29th edition of People magazine on Heroes. It was short, basically three things to get the show back up to speed:

Bring the Characters together: Check, as Parkman, Natan and Nicksica have met up and seem to be forming an alliance again, it could help the show along

Bring Hiro back to the present: Check, done last night

Get rid of the Mexican Twins: It said they are dragging the sow down and want the writers to sic Sylar on them already

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Really enjoyed last nights episode!!!

- It's about time Noah laid down the law with Claire. I'll say it again, but she needs to quit thinking about herself and worry about her family and their safety.

- So, Mohinder getting a gun and Bennett dead in the painting? You think maybe Mohinder will shoot him or? Just a thought. Mohinder seems pretty much on the side of the company now, sadly. If memory serves, Claire was wearing her old cheerleading outfit in the painting though, so I dont know how that's going to come about.

- So, yeah, Nikki. Good for her to get her shizzle together before stabbing Nathan. I was always slightly irritated by her character, but hopefully they can give her a good storyline. It was nice seeing D.L. though, even though it was just a vision.

- I really liked Matt pwning his father and finally getting rid of his emotions towards him. Keeping his father locked in his own nightmare was a nice touch.

- Peter in the future was interesting. And I do like how they're calling it the Shanti Virus.

- the highlight though: ADAM MONROE! TOTALLY didn't see that one coming. So, Adam is part of the Original group of heroes with Angela Petrelli, Mr. Nakamura, Linderman, Parkman and so on. Bob explained that Adam brought them together, but spoke of punishing humanity. It makes me wonder how that split up the group as I think in season 1 we found out that some members got out of control and the group was disbanded. Plus, it makes me wonder how he hasn't aged a bit. And all that jazz. But yeah, that was a great twist. The whole time we saw his burned corpse, i kept mumbling, "Hiro, off with the head! cut it off!" but no!!

GREAT episode:thumbsup: and great to know that the season will probably be shortened due to the strike. summabish! :upset::upset:

jedibear
11-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Last night's episode was the best so far this year...had a good momentum and lots of payoff while still opening up new threads of the story. Felt like season 1 again! Bravo, Heroes!

My favorite moments...Matt's power manifesting, Mama Petrelli being rather "useful" with her power, Hiro growing a pair in dealing with Kensei (and his goodbye with the Princess was rather sweet and not overdone), and Catelin (sp?) being dumped in the most unique way...

Even flying boy (West) had a very effective moment that drew me in and made me want to see where it goes...that last moment before he takes off...all confused, angry, betrayed...it was well done. Now just where does he fly off too?

And that twisted moment of Matt's dad playing head games with Nikki by using DL....wow!

The whole "Adam" thing was kinda...alright, but again...the episode did what this show can do best...left us wanting more of that...how does he fit in with Peter? It'll be cool to watch that unfold...

One of my favorite chuckles of the night was hearing the name of the russian guy Noah killed...Spectre! A little nod to 007 lore there...

Next week looks good too (another "flashback" episode), but for the first time this season, I'm even more anxious to see what happens next!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-07-2007, 02:30 PM
One thing I forgot: I really enjoyed seeing Ando and Hiro together and the giddiness Hiro had about saving the world. It was a good contrast to the tragic news he got and I thought that scene was done pretty well.

and here is an interview with Tim Kring: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20158840,00.html where he apologizes for the mistakes made this season so far and promises to get it back on track. I'm enjoying things thus far though. :thumbsup:

Beast
11-07-2007, 02:44 PM
One thing I forgot: I really enjoyed seeing Ando and Hiro together and the giddiness Hiro had about saving the world. It was a good contrast to the tragic news he got and I thought that scene was done pretty well.

and here is an interview with Tim Kring: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20158840,00.html where he apologizes for the mistakes made this season so far and promises to get it back on track. I'm enjoying things thus far though. :thumbsup:
I have to give Kring props for acknowleging the problems with Season 2 so far.

You don't see that kind of honesty very often. So bravo for that. :)

JediTricks
11-07-2007, 04:07 PM
The latest ep was still fraught with issues, but it was a sight better than it had been in a while, we finally got some payoff with the annoying Hiro storyline, Peter's got some momentum finally and his mind is coming back, and a few other twists. I'm still not ready to throw my love at it though.

Adam is Kenzei, didnt see that coming at all. I liked they way they worked it. I dunno why, but at the beginning of the ep I actually saw that one coming. It makes sense, and I'm glad he's not Linderman.

Parkman flipping it around on his dad was pretty cool. I thought the I love you Molly part and her coming out of it was cheesy thoughYeah, too melodramatic, but overall the scene worked.

Great move revealing your entire hand, Mohinder! :rolleyes:Yeah, that was stunningly stupid, but right after the Molly thing it felt in character - if he's been struck retarded.

Next week looks good too (another "flashback" episode), but for the first time this season, I'm even more anxious to see what happens next!I dunno if it'll be good, but I agree that this is the first time in this season that I want to see what happens next.

I have to give Kring props for acknowleging the problems with Season 2 so far.

You don't see that kind of honesty very often. So bravo for that. :)I dunno, I have to take issue with some of his stuff:

'We assumed the audience wanted season 1 — a buildup of intrigue about these characters and the discovery of their powers. We taught [them] to expect a certain kind of storytelling. They wanted adrenaline. We made a mistake.''
That's selling the audience very short. We didn't get a buildup of intrigue about characters and discovery of powers with season 2's beginning, it wasn't about adrenaline, it was about not just hitting the treadmill and giving us stock, bland characters.

The premonition of nuclear apocalypse created a larger context that unified every story line last season. Kring now sees that Volume 2 (the first 11 episodes of season 2) would have been better served if Peter's vision of viral Armageddon had appeared in the season premiere rather than episode 7. ''We took too long to get to the big-picture story,'' he says.
Again, this is missing the point, there could have been a build-up instead of giving it away at the beginning like season 1 did, but just not such a boring, drawn-out one. If there had been better writing and characters to keep us interested in what THEY were doing and where they were going, the big-picture could have waited as long as that ep 7 and still worked.

New Heroes Monica (Dana Davis), Maya (Dania Ramirez), and Alejandro (Shalim Ortiz) ''shouldn't have been introduced in separate story lines that felt unattached to the show. The way we introduced Elle (Kristen Bell) — by weaving her in via Peter's story line — is a more logical way to bring new characters into the show.'' (That said, Kring says a few newbies won't make it beyond this second volume, which wraps Dec. 3.)
While true, the basic problem is still with the characters - or lack thereof, these are really not characters we're meeting, they're just rats in the maze and we watch as they progress, it's not interesting.

Kring regrets sticking Claire (Hayden Panettiere) with a super-dud boyfriend and forcing Hiro to moon over a cutesy princess. ''I've seen more convincing romances on TV,'' he admits. ''In retrospect, I don't think romance is a natural fit for us.''
Damn right!

Ultimately though, I think Kring needs to look at the underlying causes of these issues - was it network demands? Too much popularity trying to repeat the same things that made it a success? Ego? Changes to the writing staff? A lack of ideas? Find whatever it is and address it.

Rocketboy
11-07-2007, 11:30 PM
Jeph Loeb and Tim Kring answered fans questions on tvguide (http://www.tvguide.com/news/heroes-tim-kring/071107-01):

Will Mohinder ever have a power?
Not likely. "He's Mr. Science and was conceived to be the one guy in this vortex who does not have special abilities," creator/executive producer Tim Kring says. "We have no plans to change that." That's fine with Sendhil Ramamurthy (http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/sendhil-ramamurthy/281290): "I'd be sorely disappointed if I got a power at this point — it would just be weird. But I wouldn't mind turning out to be the puppet master of this whole thing." By the way, anyone arguing that Mohinder technically does have a power in that his body carries the antibodies to the Shanti virus won't get very far with Kring. "That's still a scientific thing, not a special ability," he insists. "If it were a power, then there'd be a lot of heroes out there in our world."
Will Hana (Stana Katic (http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/stana-katic/271046)) ever be seen again? What about Claude (Christopher Eccleston (http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/christopher-eccleston/144764))?
Though Israeli freedom fighter Hana died in outer space in a Heroes graphic novel last spring, her consciousness survives. "We will see her again on the show at some point," promises co-executive producer Jeph Loeb. But invisible man Claude? That's trickier. "We wanted Christopher back this season because he's so integrated into the mythology of our show, not only because he was Peter's mentor but also because of his connection to HRG," says Kring. "But it probably won't work because of his schedule — he's too in demand." Cracks Loeb, "Hopefully we can get him back by Season 7!"
Why didn't Isaac warn HRG about the painting that predicted his death?
A few possible reasons. "Isaac was in a drug-addled fugue state when he created his paintings," Kring says. "There could also be a moral dilemma in telling someone they're going to die. If you had the ability to know the circumstances of your death, would you want that information?" Loeb tosses us another option: "If you go back and look at Isaac's last day, there is an implication that he painted a lot more that day. This is a device we may return to. There may be even more Isaac paintings out there."
What the hell is Niki's power, anyway?
This had the execs a little touchy, but TV Guide got tons o' questions on the subject, so here goes: "We thought this was very clear on the air," Loeb says. "Niki's power is the same as her alternate personality Jessica's: unbelievable strength. They're the same person. Niki discovered her special ability through her split personality, but it was always her ability."
It's kind of weird that two single straight guys, Mohinder and Matt, are in charge of little Molly. Is this arrangement legal?
"In reality, no one has talked about adoption or legal custody," admits Loeb. "The opportunity to do our version of My Two Dads (http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/dads/203322) was too delightful to deal with details." Actor Jack Coleman (http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/jack-coleman/154868) (HRG) also weighed in here, noting that this isn't the first no-hassle kiddie custody on Heroes. "There's nothing official about HRG's adoption of Claire," he says. "Kaito [George Takei (http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/george-takei/151753)] simply handed her to me on a roof. We're not really concerned much with legalities on Heroes, you know. We take liberties with reality. Here's another spoiler: People can't fly."
Why so many new characters this season?
"Heroes is like a shark — it's got to keep moving," Kring insists. "If this world becomes too insular — if it's only about the *characters we've gotten used to — then we lose the sense of wonderment that this phenomenon is happening in many places." Loeb reminds us that several of the old favorites — Peter, Claire, Niki, Micah, Matt, Sylar — in essence started over this season "and that required new locales and new characters for them to interact with. And the new powers are fun for the audience to watch." Those who are crabbing about too many newbies "should be patient," Loeb says. "They haven't gotten to the Dec. 3 episode, when we do our big housecleaning!"

UKWildcat
11-07-2007, 11:51 PM

He sure as sh*t hit the nail on the head.

...and this season has sucked something awful thus far. ;) No, really... it has... :(

RooJay
11-08-2007, 02:33 AM
I know there has been a little evidence that Kensei/Adam is not Linderman, yet I remain unconvinced. For one thing, with all the time traveling that tends to go down on this show (and yes, I realize it's so far been only Peter and Hiro though that doesn't negate the possibility that others are capable as well) Kenzei/Adam could still be the younger Linderman brought forward in time to a point after his own death at the hands of D.L.. Secondly, I thought it was notable in this past episode that Angela Petrelli pegged Kensei/Adam as the person responsible for 'bringing their group together,' a group which has thus far been known solely as the "Linderman Group." I admit that it's still possible that a group organized by 'Adam' was named after another member of the group. Maybe they just liked the sound of his name better?
In possible relation, is there anyone else that's thinking that Peter's arc so far - his amnesia, his mysterious relocation to Ireland - might in fact have been a plot by the elders (the Linderman Group) to separate him from our other Heroes (his other influences) to reshape his outlook and manipulate him into supporting their mysterious cause?
I'm actually beginning to think that we might be seeing a sort of analog to the X-Men versus Brotherhood type relationship seen in the comics - the Company representing the benevolent incorporation of the super powered folk into society, and the Linderman Group representing the cause of the ascendancy of super powered folk in control of humanity's future.

Jayspawn
11-11-2007, 11:34 PM
I still think Kensi and Linderman are different characters.

Kidhuman
11-12-2007, 06:46 AM
They are, Bob said Linderman was Adams disciple

Rocketboy
11-12-2007, 04:02 PM
That, and Linderman died last season and Adam/Kensei just reappeared in the present looking the same as he did when Hiro last saw him in Japan.

RooJay
11-13-2007, 02:12 AM
That, and Linderman died last season and Adam/Kensei just reappeared in the present looking the same as he did when Hiro last saw him in Japan.

Wait a minute...you mean Old Man Linderman died last season and the much younger looking Adam from Hiro's time traveling trip to feudal Japan just reappeared?! Well now, I guess that settles it. No way someone could ever die when they're old and yet still be alive when they are young.

...and yeah, I guess it makes sense that they'd name the Linderman Group after the sidekick.

Kidhuman
11-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Last night was a good episode. It made alot of sense what has been happening so far. The only thing it didnt answer is what happened to Sylar, as it said it would.

It was crazy how DL died. Now you know why Nikki went to that place. I just would like to know how he became a fireman in such little time unless he was a volunteer

Again, who cares about the South American twins now. The only thing it showed is they are from Venezuela and now we know why it is taking them 18 months to get to America.

The whole Adams blood thing is interesting.

The Hatian wiping Peters mind was a good way for him to forget. The only flaw is Peter couldnt use his powers around him. Flashback to season 1 on the rooftop with Claude. The hatian was there and he stopped the tazer from hitting himself, so we know his powers work around the Hatian and he sould have absorbed them as well to nullify them.

I hope they fix the writers strike so we can get more than 3 episodes.

General_Grievous
11-13-2007, 11:22 AM
I really liked last night's episode. Probably my favorite of the season so far.

The South American twins are still useless, but hey, at least something interesting happened to them last night.

I was really glad we got filled in on what happened to Peter and Nathan after the explosion. I must say that Kristen Bell sure is a cutie pie. She is by far the most interesting new character.

DL dying struck me as a bit odd. Why didn't he let the bullet phase through him? It just didn't make sense to me.

And KH, you're right. It did fail to deliver the promise of what happened to Sylar. I'd much rather have seen that than the twins in Venezuela. But I have a feeling we'll see what happened to Sylar anyway. But it is pretty easy to guess what happened to him. Candace must have captured him in the sewer and took him to "the beach" where they were staying.

I really hope the writer's strike cools down because we can't end the season in just three more episodes.

jedibear
11-13-2007, 03:58 PM
This last episode should have been the season premiere...just amazing!

It still would have worked....Kensei's "reveal" in ancient Japan could've been handled a little differently (that whole Hiro-in-Japan segment could've been shorter) and one episode could've compacted the first three and then the episode from two weeks ago highlighting Matt's dad could've been next, then last weeks...and then the final three...

Now the show is ramping up again...only to end in three more episodes.
I agree about the twins...it's just not working. I hope they are written out before the season moves on again....let Sylar kill 'em to show he's still plenty evil...

Glad to see this show find it's footing again...too bad we had to waste more than a month getting here....

Jayspawn
11-13-2007, 04:22 PM
I like where they're going with the Maya/Alejandro & Sylar. It'll be great when the s*^& hits the fan when they get to the US and somebody recognizes Sylar!

I'm glad that Hiro is back in the present. You know a meeting with him and Adam aka Kensi.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-13-2007, 04:42 PM
I like where they're going with the Maya/Alejandro & Sylar. It'll be great when the s*^& hits the fan when they get to the US and somebody recognizes Sylar!

I'm glad that Hiro is back in the present. You know a meeting with him and Adam aka Kensi.

I'm REALLY REALLY looking forward to Hiro and Kensei going at it. This incident with his dad and a battle with Kensei is going to turn Hiro into the future badass we've seen.

and c'mon, let's be honest, why would Peter want to leave: food, shelter, drugs, oh and he's HIT ON BY A HOT A-- KRISTEN BELL?!!? Yeah, hm, sneak out into the unknown, or ya know, get freaky with psycho hot chick..........hm........... :love::love::love: But i enjoyed the interaction between Peter and Adam; now peter knows he's 400 years old, eh!

TERRIFIC episode. I did like how we got nothing on Claire and HRG as it was nice not hearing her ***** and moan for an episode. I am curious why we didn't get more info on Sylar along with Parkman and Surresh? Although, I can imagine the P&S line wouldn't have been exciting, but I wanted to know what happened to Sylar. Maybe we'll get a flashback episode with him or something?

I did really like the backstory of Maya and Alejandro cos that wedding incident was crazy. If only they could get to the states and become part of the narrative, that would just be terrific.

I did like the scenes with DL, but I couldn't help but think that his death was really unnecessary to the show. So he's shot cos Nikki has yet ANOTHER personality and he had to find her? The death scene was pretty brutal though. And it was cool seeing Monica and her family at the wake with Bob showing up and smiling at Monica.

DL dying struck me as a bit odd. Why didn't he let the bullet phase through him? It just didn't make sense to me. I think it just happened too fast and he didn't have time to respond. It happened quickly.

overall, terrific episode as the season is finally gaining momentum........towards another what, 3 episodes and then over till next fall?!?!! STupid execs; GIVE WGA WHAT THEY WANT!

Kidhuman
11-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Hopefully with this sow and some others, if they settle the wrioters strike, they might carry it a little loner and go season 2 and 2.5 and still start next fall. They know they are screwed once this strike goes on longer, so it might be good that the sow is hitting a hiatus right now.

JediTricks
11-14-2007, 12:05 AM
I really disliked last night's episode, it was horribly written, told us nothing good, skimped on REAL stuff but forced DL to re-die on us for no reason other than filler. Oh, and how stupid is it that the Maya/Alejandro scene was just as devoid of character development as their other outings but without actually GOING anywhere??? I swear, this episode was so disappointing if they hadn't said the season was breaking in 3 more episodes, that would have been the very last episode I watched.

Nathan drops Peter late and gets all irradiated even though nobody else seems to notice or mind this giant explosion going off, just so we could deus-ex-machina him later without anybody knowing? But first we have to crap on him a bunch without building any new characterization into him.

Peter's storyline that goes nowhere and does nothing but at least he's in a stupid obvious prison situation with a new character who claims they're gonna do something big even though we NEVER see them talk about it? Then again, Peter's locked in a cargo container with his mind wiped but his abilities still intact for... what reason? And this is a cargo container supposed to be full of ipods, yet empty.

Elle's totally isolated from the outside world, a total psychopath, so naturally they let her run loose after Peter on her own right after this ep, that makes perfect sense. Oh, but at least they write her super thin so Kristen Bell has nothing to work with and plays that 1 "Veronica Mars pretending to be someone else" note over and over, even when her not-so-big story reveal comes out.

Oh boy, now that Niki's beaten Jessica, she has a new, even more ridiculous alter ego pop out. Not CPD at all. :rolleyes: But at least DL once again gets shot even though his reactions had him phasing with punches he had next to no time to expect just a moment before.

How exactly did Bob know where to find Peter instantly? Oh, right, because BOB IS ****ING EVERYWHERE IN THIS SHOW NOW!!!

What happened with...
Claire
Bennet
Matt
Mohinder
Sylar
Candice
Molly
Parkman's wife
Claire's mom and brother
Hiro's dad
Ando

You know, all the characters that would have had interesting things happening to them while we had to suffer through ¡Maija!, Peter's non-storyline, Niki & zombie DL, and life crapping all over Nathan. Dude, how sad is it that I'd rather see them do something with Sylar than what we got?!?

I really thought about ending my viewing of this series altogether last night by about the halfway mark, and when DL ate it again for no reason, that was pretty much the last straw until they mentioned only 3 eps left.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-14-2007, 01:13 AM
Oh boy, now that Niki's beaten Jessica, she has a new, even more ridiculous alter ego pop out. Not CPD at all. :rolleyes: But at least DL once again gets shot even though his reactions had him phasing with punches he had next to no time to expect just a momentI'd have to watch again, but it seems as if he saw the punch coming. The gunshot came without warning at point blank range.

I really thought about ending my viewing of this series altogether last night by about the halfway mark, and when DL ate it again for no reason, that was pretty much the last straw until they mentioned only 3 eps left.Why not stop now?

JediTricks
11-14-2007, 01:31 AM
The gun is flashed and doesn't fire for a second or so, they even give a little reaction shot of DL seeing it IIRC, so he had time.

I'm hoping it gets better by the end of this chapter which is coming up very shortly. The ep BEFORE this one was promising.

General_Grievous
11-19-2007, 10:21 PM
My god. That episode blew my mind.

I was utterly shocked at Mohinder shooting Noah. I didn't believe that he would actually do it. And for ten minutes there, I actually thought that HRG was gone for good. But the ending...hoo boy, that was great. I loved how his "awakening" paralleled Claire's from way back at the beginning of the first season.

The Hiro storyline was very well done. Especially the heartfelt goodbye between him and his father. It was also interesting to learn that Adam killed Kaito.

I was surprised that the other plotline (featuring Noah, Claire and the Company) was crammed into this one episode. I thought it was going to take the remaining three episodes to flesh out the plot.

I actually didn't expect Elle to be Bob's daughter. That sort of came out of left field. Speaking of Elle, is she stupid? I mean, did she not notice that her feet were in water when she decided to try and fry Bennett?

This episode was even better than last week's, but the fact that it's getting better as it's about to end for a while makes me depressed...

Kidhuman
11-19-2007, 10:27 PM
Great episode tonight. The Claire/Noah storyline seemed a bit rushed though. I expected him to have put blanks in Moinders gun when he had taken it from him. Didnt expect him to be hooked up to Claires blood.

Hiro was great. I felt bad for him, but you know he is going straight for Adam now.

Next week looks to be good as Sylar finds Mohinder. Hopefully he offs those two twins, but doubtful as Nikki had a virus or something. Possibly their blood.

figrin bran
11-20-2007, 03:06 AM
I wish Claire would stop with the "i'm just a cheerleader" already! If Molly can realize that she isn't normal and never can be, why can't you????

GG, I don't think Elle is stupid so much as missing quite a few marbles.

Blue2th
11-20-2007, 09:30 AM
I wish Claire would stop with the "i'm just a cheerleader" already! If Molly can realize that she isn't normal and never can be, why can't you????

GG, I don't think Elle is stupid so much as missing quite a few marbles.

Because if she is not a cheerleader when they save her, they can't save the world. :cross-eye

Mad Slanted Powers
11-20-2007, 09:39 AM
Speaking of Elle, is she stupid? I mean, did she not notice that her feet were in water when she decided to try and fry Bennett? Yes, I think she is stupid, because I think she did see the water. At the very least she knew he had just splashed water all over her. I think that she just didn't realize it would do that to her.

General_Grievous
11-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Something else I forgot to mention. Since Noah has some of Claire's blood, does that mean he'll share her power permanently?

JediTricks
11-21-2007, 03:48 AM
GG, great 'tar & sig! Dethklok rules!

As for the ep, I didn't care for it, this was one of those "only from the minds of a TV writer would anybody act that way" episodes. Matt's story was the only believable one for me, he is following the path he started on, using his powers for what he perceives as good without considering the ramifications of anything else. Mohinder's play just goes along that string of things the character doesn't seem likely to do though. Bennet trusting West with so much so fast, and vice-versa, just didn't work for me. And letting that final battle go down like that was clumsy and easily the silliest thing - we know that Bennet can defeat Elle's powers just a few mins before, so naturally he... completely ignores this at the hostage exchange and puts both Claire and West in major danger for no reason at all except the plot needs us to believe he's stupid again.

Then there's the Hiro story, which I'm sure everybody finds terribly poignant, and it was portrayed fairly earnestly, but it's a load of crap if you think about it for more than a second. Ultimately, Hiro is not allowed to save his dad because that's fate's doing, but what about the millions of people Hiro saved in season 1 when "the bomb" went off and he changed the future? Was it not equally their destiny? Of course it's the same, they give no reason otherwise, yet we're supposed to pretend that thin piece of character-building is good enough so Hiro can grow in a manner that contradicts who he's always been. I'm sorry, not smart enough for this show.

I liked Adam Monroe being the killer, that felt ok, but the way we got there robbed me of the fulfillment of that discovery.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-21-2007, 10:18 AM
I think the point is that there are some things he can't change, or isn't meant to change. I mean, if he can go back in time and change things, why not go back and change everything? If he is unable to save his dad, keep trying until he can. But that is not what his powers are meant to be used for. If you've been watching Journeyman, you can see how changing the wrong thing in the past could cause problems in your present or future.

JediTricks
11-21-2007, 05:56 PM
Here's the thing, nobody determined that Hiro's dad dying was a vital piece of the puzzle, Hiro doesn't really seem to gain anything from it, and his ability to save his pop was not in question in the first pass - he could have just done it and been golden. I don't buy this idea that Hiro changing things is a negative, if not for Hiro, NY would have been Ted Spragued - does that mean it's WRONG of Hiro to change that? One of the people he saved was Sylar after all.

Kidhuman
11-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Hiro saving his dad COULD have done alot of tings. Maybe Angela wouldnt have been arrested and she would have died instead. Ando might not have found Hiro's notes in the sword(although that has no bearing except to keep him in the show). Parkman doesnt et his dad trapped in his own nightmare, Molly stays in a Coma. Nathan doesnt meet up with Parkman either.So leaving is dad passed on, leaves the story line intact.

JediTricks
11-21-2007, 06:23 PM
Not like this is a great storyline worth salvaging to begin with, but if Angela Petrelli had died at Matt's father's doing, that would have got the Matt storyline going pretty much where it is anyway as Matt would be investigating her death.

General_Grievous
11-23-2007, 10:18 PM
GG, great 'tar & sig! Dethklok rules!
Thanks, JT.

[quote=Kidhuman;581761]Hiro saving his dad COULD have done alot of tings. Maybe Angela wouldnt have been arrested and she would have died instead. Ando might not have found Hiro's notes in the sword(although that has no bearing except to keep him in the show). Parkman doesnt et his dad trapped in his own nightmare, Molly stays in a Coma. Nathan doesnt meet up with Parkman either.So leaving is dad passed on, leaves the story line intact.

As Kaito said, it was his fate.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Really enjoyed last weeks episode! The Hiro storyline was very well done and very emotional and I enjoyed that. C'mon, how great was it when he ran into his younger self and they both pushed their glasses back?!? I did like the previews for tonights episode where Hiro has the sword to Peter's throat. Looks like Hiro is slowly morphing into Future Badass Hiro.

I did like how Matt is slowly, in my opinion, turning slightly evil. Using his powers irresponsibly for what he believes is good.

ANd I couldn't believe it when HRG got shot! And yes, I still call him HRG. I have to laugh as my DVR cable still refers to him as such. But anyways, my jaw dropped when he shot him in the eye. And hey, whaddaya know: I actually like West now! He helped things out! yay! And the ending of the episode was GREAT! Noah waking up after being dead and muttering "sh**!" This was a great correlation to the scene in season 1 where Claire woke up in the morgue and said the same thing. Very excited for the next few episodes and i'm hoping the WGA strike ends this week so we can keep the season going! :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
11-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Tonight's episode was solid, but you can really tell that it was rushed due to the (then) impending strike. The Sylar plotline took a surprising turn, as I didn't expect him to kill Alejandro. I had just assumed he would run away and return next episode. Not that I cared much. He was always the less interesting twin. But how in the hell did they end up at Matt's apartment so quickly? The Mohinder/Company storyline is starting to tie together. I'm glad, too. I'm starting to grow tired of "the virus". And it seems they took care of Noah quite nicely. All I want to know is...whose ashes did they give to the Bennetts? But that was some cliffhanger. Not only because of the Hiro/Peter meeting at Odessa, but because of that pickle that Micah's cousin got herself into. Next week is going to be one big finale. I'm just wondering which two heroes will die.

Kidhuman
11-26-2007, 10:41 PM
But how in the hell did they end up at Matt's apartment so quickly?

The drive from VA to NYC can be as little as 5 hours and as much as 13 depending on where you are in Va.

Good solid episode tonight. I liked that Sylar killed one of the twins.

I liked how Claire threatened Elle also. I was hoping she would kick her arse.

Peter and Adam are moving very quickly, I wonder if Peter is transporting them much like Hiro did with himself.

I think Parkman will die in the next show. e will walk in and Sylar will kill him. I dont know who the ext one will be, maybe the Haitian???? Possibly Joan????

Rocketboy
11-26-2007, 11:00 PM
Hopefully the two that die are both new Heroes, like Maya and Monica.
They're both boring.

We could also be left in a daze next week:

Heroes creator Tim Kring has revealed that the show will cap volume two on December 3 with an "out of the blue cliffhanger".Source (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a79660/tim-kring-we-have-a-real-finale.html#article_continue)

General_Grievous
11-27-2007, 11:16 AM
The drive from VA to NYC can be as little as 5 hours and as much as 13 depending on where you are in Va.

Oh. I didn't realize that they were in Virginia.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Good episode last night.

- Didn't expect Sylar to kill Alejandro or get some ***! Good for him! :crazed: I didn't really mind him killing Alejandro as it's nicely thinning out characters. And it was great seeing Sylar up to his murderous, manipulative ways. I couldn't believe it when he called Surresh from his apartment. That was a great scene. Such an evil bastid!

- I'm looking forward to the battle between Peter and Hiro and I'm slightly worried about Hiro. I dont think they'd kill him off as he's probably one of the familar faces of the series, but unless he can somehow stop time for a few seconds at a time or throw peter off somehow, he's not going to win this fight.

- C'mon Monica! You know 203572057205727 moves and abilities, but you can't disarm a group of teenage thugs?!!? Why she didn't just beat the crap out of them was beyond me. Or at least come out the way you came in!

- The plot with Claire was alright, but not a highlight. A nice brawl between her and Elle would be tasty.

And who will die next week? My bets: Nikki and Parkman. Or Nikki and Surresh. Nikki and somebody. That's my guess. :whip:

Rocketboy
11-27-2007, 03:10 PM
- I'm looking forward to the battle between Peter and Hiro...but unless he can somehow stop time for a few seconds at a time or throw peter off somehow, he's not going to win this fight.How can Hiro stop time again when time is already stopped as they begin fighting?

JediTricks
11-27-2007, 10:11 PM
That was a horrible episode, it may have been my least favorite ever. Bad acting and miserable storylines. I think Peter's now the stupidest character in the show, overtaking Maya somehow despite her brother dead on the floor right next to where she was making out with Sylar. And Monica not leaving through the same window she came in through - brilliant. This couldn't have been more sloppy and ridiculous, if the season finale weren't next week, I wouldn't bother watching the show 1 more minute.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-27-2007, 10:41 PM
I can agree with Monica's move being stupid. I can forgive Peter because he has no reason to distrust Adam until Victoria says something, but why should he trust her more than Adam?

As far as freezing Peter in time, I couldn't quite tell if Peter was just holding back or if Hiro had somehow slowed down the lightning.

General_Grievous
11-28-2007, 05:17 PM
And who will die next week? My bets: Nikki and Parkman. Or Nikki and Surresh. Nikki and somebody. That's my guess. :whip:

I think it'll be two newer characters that die: Maya and Adam. Maya may get killed off due to negative fan reaction (much like Nikki and Paulo on "Lost") and I think Hiro will take out Adam.

Nikki's death would seem possible, but I can't see that happening. What I do think will happen is that Jessica will come back when Nikki goes out to save Monica from those thugs. Obviously Micah will tell Nikki that they took her, and it will seem like Nikki may die, but the show usually throws red herrings. Remember that first season episode where the previews made it seem like Mrs. Bennett would die? Yeah, they're pretty sneaky about stuff like this.

jedibear
11-29-2007, 12:19 AM
Wow...after two episodes take a decent step forward, this last one just chucked the momentum right out the window...this episode was awful! Among the ashes here...
Hayden's (Claire) performance during her "emotional" scenes was stilted and cringe-worthy...heck, the guy playing West (flyboy) was more convincing.
The Hiro plot was clunky and odd, not to mention being saddled with the WORST casting choice (the guy playing the younger version of his father) ANY show has seen in awhile...no remote physical or performance-related resemblance to Takei at all...terrible. And why spend weeks of showing the Joanne Cassidy character(via photographs), hyping her up, creating a mystery, only to "off" her after a minute of screen time? WTF?
It's looking like Nikki's on her way out. As for the ooze twins...is this woman the most stupid and gullible thing you've ever seen? I feel bad for the actress playing such a loser...we knew the brother was a red-shirt (obscure ST reference :))but she's gotta go...

Speaking of which...the preview states two heroes FALL, not die so we could see someone turn "bad/evil" instead of just up-and-dyin'....just a thought.

The show has been so wildly uneven this year...while it's sad to see this season over already, I hope the production gets it together (especially in the script department) or it's curtains...they've had their "sophomore slump"...let's move on to better things, "Heroes"....please!

Mad Slanted Powers
11-29-2007, 01:13 AM
The Hiro plot was clunky and odd, not to mention being saddled with the WORST casting choice (the guy playing the younger version of his father) ANY show has seen in awhile...no remote physical or performance-related resemblance to Takei at all...terrible.I wonder if we didn't know what Takei looked like when he was younger if we would make as big a deal about it. Initially he seemed totally wrong, but at some point there was something that made him look or sound a bit like him. I can't remember now.

And why spend weeks of showing the Joanne Cassidy character(via photographs), hyping her up, creating a mystery, only to "off" her after a minute of screen time? WTF?I don't really recall any hype. I probably wouldn't have known who it was if not for some mentions in this thread.

pegger
12-03-2007, 10:29 PM
That was the season ender? Really? I'm thinking the writers were on strike before they filmed this. It was very unsatifying. Granted, I missed the last 3 weeks because I was travelling, and this season was cut short, but really. That's the end to the great plague? I don't know...

I did like how Adam was handled. Pretty sick.

Why, oh why bring back Sylar? He was just starting to get interesting again. Even my wife said "why bring him back again, he's a boring villian. Even that "gold guy" is a more interesting character."

Well - how long is hiatus now? Till the strike is over, right?

Kidhuman
12-03-2007, 10:33 PM
SPOILERS FOR WEST COASTERS IN MY POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am assuming it is until the strike is over.

The last few weeks were re-written once the strike was impending and rushed. I am kind of glad they brought Sylar back, he was/is a more interesting villain than Sylar.

I loved the way they locked Adam up. Hiro is a vicious bastard doing that. I loved it.

I didnt see the Nikki character as dying.

Anyone else noticed Noah shot Nathan??? That was him walking out.