PDA

View Full Version : "Heroes" on NBC- getting great write-ups. Will you tune in?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

General_Grievous
12-03-2007, 11:08 PM
The episode was okay, but it left much to be desired.

I, for one, do not think that Nikki is dead. Hell, I'm not even sure that Nathan will stay dead. I'm thinking Claire's blood could heal him, just like Noah. And I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Adam. He'll be back...at some point.

Why did they revive Maya? What was the purpose? And furthermore, when Elle showed up to try and apprehend Sylar, why did she just shoot little lightning bursts at him? Why didn't she go full-on Palpatine on him?

This episode was far too rushed, though. Damn the writers' strike. But I do admit that the next season is set up pretty well.

figrin bran
12-04-2007, 01:24 AM
Mohinder keeps finding ways to out idiot his previous lapses of idiotic behavior! Only he could have THE bargaining chip, the very thing that Sylar is after and yet find a way to let him dictate the terms.

As for Elle going full on Palpy on Sylar, maybe because she only had one hand to use?

Kidhuman
12-04-2007, 07:13 AM
Since Peter can heal, do you think he will gie Nathan his blood or because Nikki and Nathan already had the blood in them will they survive?

Mad Slanted Powers
12-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Since Peter can heal, do you think he will gie Nathan his blood or because Nikki and Nathan already had the blood in them will they survive?Oh yeah, that's a good point. I didn't think of that. Maybe they will.

Lord Malakite
12-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Since Peter can heal, do you think he will gie Nathan his blood or because Nikki and Nathan already had the blood in them will they survive?
I'm a bit confused here KH. Nathan got his blood from Adam in the hospital, but when did Nikki recieve regenerating blood before? :cross-eye

From what I recall Mohinder hadn't given her the "Mohinder anti-bodies in Claire's blood" cure for the virus yet. Thats why Nikki had trouble lifting the wood beam and why Mohinder had those blood viles on his person when he met Sylar.

Beast
12-04-2007, 11:19 AM
When Hiro said he dealt with Adam, and put him someplace he won't bother anyone again... I almost thought we were going to get a call back to the first season. Hiro dropping Adam off in the Cretaceous Period, and having him running from a T-Rex. That would have been cool. Honestly, I don't really like what Hiro did do with him. Adam may be able to live forever, but he still needs oxygen to live. Seems really out of character for Hiro, even given what Adam did to his father.

Lord Malakite
12-04-2007, 12:25 PM
When Hiro said he dealt with Adam, and put him someplace he won't bother anyone again... I almost thought we were going to get a call back to the first season. Hiro dropping Adam off in the Cretaceous Period, and having him running from a T-Rex.

I would of probably gone the other route and dropped him off in the distant future (preferably when life on earth is in its final Twilight years and human life is extinct).

Given how Adam doesn't age, dropping him off in the past would be a risky gamble. There is always the possibility he could "survive" until present day again just simply by living day to day like he had already done the prior 400 years.

If Adam is in a distant future with no human civilization or technology still in existence though he would pretty much be screwed short of Peter or Hiro coming to retrieve him (which is highly unlikely given Peter wouldn't know where he was (short of reading Hiro's mind) and neither Hiro or Peter seem to have much love for the guy as they did at one time).

Honestly, I don't really like what Hiro did do with him. Adam may be able to live forever, but he still needs oxygen to live. Seems really out of character for Hiro, even given what Adam did to his father.
I wouldn't be suprised if Adam came back in a future episode to be honest. We don't know the full extent of Adam's regenerating powers. We know it keeps him from aging. For all we may know it may also allow him to survive without the need of food, water, and/or air.

The only thing we do know that will kill Adam is a direct brain/head injury, but even then it would have to be the complete destruction (or possibly decaptitation) of the head. Otherwise there is a possibility he could still come back (with a little assistence from an outside source) like what happened with Peter and the shard of glass to the head. Adam could possibly dig himself out of that grave over time.

It'll be hard, given he has 6 feet of dirt and a casket contend with, but if he can't die (with lack of air, water, food) it may be possible given enough time of clawing. And even if he couldn't survive with food etc. and did die, there are always external means that could explain his return (such as grave robbers or police investigation that requires that casket to be exhumed, etc.). Once exposed to air again he'll simply come back to life and regenerate any decay from his prolonged death.

DarthBrandon
12-04-2007, 07:13 PM
This has to be one of the worst endings ever, I mean really two senseless apparent deaths (Nathan & Nikki) Maya being brought back (why?) & Syler getting his powers back. Meh, this stunk like skunk spray, Mohinder is just as stupid as he was in the first season, Nikki looks to be dead & it didn't even tie into the plot at all (side story which sucked big time). Everyone's getting powers or extra ones now, (Maya Syler & Noah all have Claires) this just reeeeeeeks of poor writing big time. That's it for the virus now ? I really liked Syler without powers & was disappointed that he got them all back, he was much more character driven without than with. Nathan should be O.K. as he has Adams healing blood so that should be good news down the road. I really enjoyed what Hiro did to Adam, I only wish he took his head somewhere & then his body to another place to make sure he doesn't come back. Still cool what he did though, I hope the 2nd half is better than the first or I'll have to find something new to watch.

Jayspawn
12-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Uhhh...I actually liked it. I wasnt expecting a collosal confrontation like in Season 1. I really liked how Hiro dispatched of Adam.

I'm glad Sylar got his powers back -Quinto RULES!!!

Kidhuman
12-04-2007, 07:41 PM
The only thing with Hiro leaving Adam in the coffin:

Hiro can teleport, but if he is touching someone they go with him. How in the hell is there enough room in there for Hiro not to be touching Adam?

I agree Jay, I am glad Sylar has his powers back.

LM, I forgot Moinder didnt et the blood to her.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Uhhh...I actually liked it. I wasnt expecting a collosal confrontation like in Season 1. I really liked how Hiro dispatched of Adam.

I'm glad Sylar got his powers back -Quinto RULES!!!

Yeah, I liked it too. It had a good pace, albeit rushed, but you have to forgive that due to the WGA strike that's going on. I really didn't see Nathan's death coming at all and it caught me off guard. And that's an interseting idea that it was HRG, but how could he get there so soon if he's out in Cali and they're in TX?

I really liked what Hiro did to Adam, that was REALLY twisted and great. I loved it actually. :thumbsup:

For the most part, I enjoyed this volume quite a bit. It had a few lulls, but I liked the change of pace and story from last season.

and here's a blurb from TV guide about the next season/volume:

Exclusive: Tim Kring Explains Heroes' "Generations" Finale
by Michael Logan

Will Nathan (Adrian Pasdar) die by an assassin's bullet? Was Niki (Ali Larter) truly blown to hot, blonde, gorgeous bits? Will Adam (David Anders) spend eternity six feet under? And — say it ain't so! — does badass Elle (Kristen Bell) really have an inner Girl Scout? The Dec. 3 episode of Heroes, the conclusion of the show's second volume "Generations," left us with lots of big questions. Creator and executive producer Tim Kring has the answers. And, whaddya know, he's even sharing some of them!

The fate of Nathan, who was shot during a TV press conference, and of Niki, who may have died in an abandoned building explosion, are "up in the air and will be determined when we come back after the strike," Kring says. "Things are fairly dire for them both." Immortal Adam was teleported by Hiro (Masi Oka) into a coffin buried in the same Japanese cemetery where his father Kaito (George Takei), who was slain by Adam, is also buried. "It's poetic justice to have Adam end up in the same graveyard as Kaito," Kring notes. "We've given the audience no reason to believe that Adam can figure a way to get out of there. The fact that he can live forever makes this the most gruesome of internments. If this happened to any of us, at least we'd know we'd soon have the mercy of death. Not here."

Witchy, *****y Elle, who wound up saving the lives of Mohinder (Sendhil Ramamurthy), Maya (Dania Ramirez) and little Molly (Adair Tishler), clearly sparked when Mohinder called her a hero. "Kristen Bell gave us the perfect reaction in that scene," Kring says. "For a moment there, Elle sees she's been given an opportunity to use her powers in a good way. And she absolutely likes the sound of that word 'hero.'" Not to worry. There are plenty more baddies coming after the writers' strike concludes. In fact, the title of Volume 3 — "Villains" — says it all.

"We've introduced a cadre of them over the course of the show and we're going to see them rise up," Kring says. "Just as the heroes have found each other to save the world, the villains will do the same with the opposite intent." And their numbers may be legion. "The Company has catalogued many of these people over the years. There may be more of them down in that basement than we have alluded to so far."

Will Sylar (Zachary Quinto) be their ringleader? After being electro-zapped by Elle, Mister Eyebrows escaped to a back alley and skeevily injected himself with Claire's (Hayden Panettiere) blood. Then, in a wicked salute to Popeye, he telekinetically grabbed a can of spinach and said, "I'm back!"

"Sylar getting his power back does not bode well for our heroes," says Kring, who admits there is one upside to the writers' strike: Originally, Quinto was not going to be available for much of Volume 3 because of his commitment to the new Star Trek film. Now, with the strike dragging on, he'll likely be done playing young Spock by the time Heroes returns to production. :thumbsup:

pegger
12-04-2007, 08:11 PM

Hiro can teleport, but if he is touching someone they go with him. How in the hell is there enough room in there for Hiro not to be touching Adam?

He can also freeze time...teleport him somewhere - freeze time, dig a hole, put Adam in a coffin, bury him, unfreeze time.

I mean, really KH. Where were you during "bending space and time" class?

Beast
12-04-2007, 09:13 PM
He can also freeze time...teleport him somewhere - freeze time, dig a hole, put Adam in a coffin, bury him, unfreeze time.

Seems like a lot of work. Guess that explains why it took Hiro so long to get back. ;)

Rocketboy
12-04-2007, 09:43 PM
I liked the finale and most of the second season.
I only wish that the finale was little more wrapped up and left far fewer cliffhangers.

I also initially thought it was Noah that shot Nathan and it surprised me when they didn't reveal the shooter...so maybe it wasn't Noah.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-04-2007, 10:11 PM
I liked the finale and most of the second season.
I only wish that the finale was little more wrapped up and left far fewer cliffhangers.

I also initially thought it was Noah that shot Nathan and it surprised me when they didn't reveal the shooter...so maybe it wasn't Noah.

I'm still thinking it was, possibly a job he had to pull in order to save his family. The conversation between Nathan, Matt, and Peter was being recorded, but I don't know how many hours passed between that conversation and the press conference. I wasn't surprised they didn't reveal the shooter just yet; probably waiting for it to come out as a big reveal next season. I am looking forward to the "Villains" chapter!!! I hope the WGA strike ends so they can get on with it! (yes, get on with it!) :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
12-04-2007, 10:14 PM
I hope the WGA strike ends so they can get on with it! (yes, get on with it!) :thumbsup:Oh hell yeas! It's really going to suck to have to wait until September-ish for a new season if this strike stops the season now.

(Plus side: the Volume 2 DVD should be cheaper than an entire season)

RooJay
12-05-2007, 01:32 AM

When were we told that Hiro's power works solely through contact? As far as we know it takes not only physical contact for him to bring someone along, but also some degree of will on Hiro's part. There's been nothing to indicate that he couldn't move someone with him through time and space and then leave them there even though contact hasn't been exactly broken. I'd also add that Hiro didn't exactly make any skin to skin contact with Adam, nor anyone else he has done this with and I highly doubt his clothes have those powers as well.

Everyone's getting powers or extra ones now, (Maya Syler & Noah all have Claires) this just reeeeeeeks of poor writing big time.

...and when did this happen? It was never stated that injecting people with Claire's blood gives them her powers, only that it is capable of healing them. One could assume that this means that the folks injected now have Claire's powers permanently, but there is so far no evidence to support this. I'm betting it's pretty much a one time deal, and that the effects are not permanent. If that were the case, then we could assume that injecting the blood of any of the powered characters would have the same effect and that everyone non-powered person in the world could easily gain the powers of the entire cast. I personally, highly doubt that.

Aside from all that, I also see that no one seems to have mentioned the fact that we still don't know who's behind that whole cockroach deal. Remember that whomever was behind the appearance of the cockroaches at the final battle with Sylar end of last season still has yet to be revealed, and still seems pretty important. No evidence yet points to any of the characters we've yet been introduced to as being behind this. I still maintain that Molly's nightmare man is responsible, and that the real deal nightmare man is in fact not Parkman's dad.

Kidhuman
12-05-2007, 06:01 AM
When were we told that Hiro's power works solely through contact? As far as we know it takes not only physical contact for him to bring someone along, but also some degree of will on Hiro's part. There's been nothing to indicate that he couldn't move someone with him through time and space and then leave them there even though contact hasn't been exactly broken. I'd also add that Hiro didn't exactly make any skin to skin contact with Adam, nor anyone else he has done this with and I highly doubt his clothes have those powers as well.

It was never mentioned, but always a given as he grabbed everyone he teleported. He grabbed Adam right before he did it. e grabbed his dad right before he transported them, and the same with Ando many times.

...and when did this happen? It was never stated that injecting people with Claire's blood gives them her powers, only that it is capable of healing them. One could assume that this means that the folks injected now have Claire's powers permanently, but there is so far no evidence to support this. I'm betting it's pretty much a one time deal, and that the effects are not permanent. If that were the case, then we could assume that injecting the blood of any of the powered characters would have the same effect and that everyone non-powered person in the world could easily gain the powers of the entire cast. I personally, highly doubt that.

Just pure specualtion on my part, no solid proof,

RooJay
12-05-2007, 09:45 AM
It was never mentioned, but always a given as he grabbed everyone he teleported. He grabbed Adam right before he did it. e grabbed his dad right before he transported them, and the same with Ando many times.

Guess it depends on your perspective. Certainly doesn't seem like a given to me.

DarthBrandon
12-05-2007, 07:55 PM

Same as what KH said, pure speculation or poor writing IMHO; take your pick.:D

General_Grievous
12-05-2007, 08:33 PM

Maybe Hiro dug the grave...

pegger
12-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Maybe Hiro dug the grave...

HELLO! MCFLY!!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Pics of two of the HEROES figures from Mezco. Lookin' pretty iffy. :upset:

Beast
01-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Pics of two of the HEROES figures from Mezco. Lookin' pretty iffy. :upset:
Like I said, wow... those are horrible. But par for the course when it comes to Mezco.

As soon as I heard they had the line, I assumed they'd be craptastic.

Claire looks bland at best. And Sylar... good god, he looks like a mongoloid.

Rocketboy
01-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Yeah, those look pretty bad.

I thought it would have been awesome if Kevin Smith could've done them in his Inaction Figure style.

Jayspawn
01-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Oww! Those look terrible! Looks NOTHING like Hayden and Quinto!

Mad Slanted Powers
01-07-2008, 10:31 PM
The Claire figure looked more like Amanda from Kyle XY, played by Kirsten Prout (http://abcfamily.go.com/abcfamily/path/section_Shows+Kyle-XY/page_KirstenProut).

General_Grievous
01-07-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm not buying them. NECA should have got the license instead of picking up the useless Ninja Turtles line. Mezco only does good work with figures based on cartoons.

Beast
01-07-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm not buying them. NECA should have got the license instead of picking up the useless Ninja Turtles line. Mezco only does good work with figures based on cartoons.
Them's fightin' words.

General_Grievous
01-08-2008, 02:07 AM
Them's fightin' words.

I knew I'd get flak for the Ninja Turtles comment. :p It's not that I don't like the Turtles, but I just don't think NECA needs to do them any justice when Playmates has already got it under control. That, and I'm not a fan of the comic book artwork Turtles. The original cartoon Turtles are my favorite incarnations.

RooJay
01-08-2008, 02:28 AM
Like I said, wow... those are horrible. But par for the course when it comes to Mezco.

As soon as I heard they had the line, I assumed they'd be craptastic.

Claire looks bland at best. And Sylar... good god, he looks like a mongoloid.

Agreed, I'd say they look pretty much exactly like I expected them to coming from Mexco. They really never have gotten the hang of doing realistic looking figures.

Beast
01-08-2008, 05:13 PM
If you think those are bad, wait til you see Hiro. Someone on another board has seen the sculpt. You know how he looks like he's constipated when he's using his powers. Well, Mezco's figure captures that look. Only more prominant. Such a shame. :p

Kidhuman
01-08-2008, 06:09 PM
They are horrid, :shakes head:

JediTricks
01-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Heinous! These are going to tank hard.

General_Grievous
01-09-2008, 01:35 AM
Here's the rest of Wave 1. Surprisingly, the rest don't look half as bad as Claire and Sylar do. Mohinder doesn't look bad. The facial sculpts for Hiro and Peter look a little off, but other than that, not too shabby. The group headshot at the top makes the Sylar headsculpt look a little better. Maybe they revised the sculpt.

Kidhuman
01-09-2008, 01:41 AM
I think Peter and Mohinder look alright, I will have to wait to see them in person.

figrin bran
01-09-2008, 01:57 AM
I thought they said they'd be making smaller cinema scene type sets as well.

I don't think I'll buy these but I'll wait to see them before making a decision.

RooJay
01-09-2008, 02:05 AM
Here's the rest of Wave 1. Surprisingly, the rest don't look half as bad as Claire and Sylar do. Mohinder doesn't look bad. The facial sculpts for Hiro and Peter look a little off, but other than that, not too shabby. The group headshot at the top makes the Sylar headsculpt look a little better. Maybe they revised the sculpt.

Nah, that Sylar looks like the exact same sculpt to me. They really don't look all that bad as a group, though. Still, I think I've already made up my mind to pass on 'em. The price will probably help to cement that decision.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-09-2008, 11:24 AM
dammit, GG, you beat me to it. Here is a close up shot of the top part of it. The Mohinder and Peter figures are solid, but i'm still in the air about this. I wish Hiro had a different face as he looks too much like the puppet Kim Jong Il from Team America; pudgy and whatnot.

Jayspawn
01-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Peter and Mohinder dont look to bad. I'll wait to see them in person. Mez REALLY needs to work on Claire -shes going to be very anticipated. Sylar needs work too.

I'm really glad that they come with paintings.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-09-2008, 07:31 PM
From that last picture, the only thing I see wrong with Sylar is maybe they based him off his Spock appearance. He looks a bit Vulcan there.

Jayspawn
01-09-2008, 10:02 PM
eeehhh...I really hope these look better. And I agree, NECA should have got the license.

JediTricks
01-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Still unimpressed, these look like sculpts and bodies you'd get from late '90s action figures.

Jayspawn
01-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Wonder when we'll be getting Season 2 on DVD?

General_Grievous
01-13-2008, 10:31 PM
Wonder when we'll be getting Season 2 on DVD?

They may include the second and third seasons together in the same DVD set. If they do that, which I hope they don't but it wouldn't surprise me, I wouldn't expect it this year.

Jayspawn
01-13-2008, 10:34 PM
I better get SOME Heroes in 2008!

Rocketboy
01-13-2008, 10:35 PM
I'd prefer they release it in Volumes, since that's how that started with Season/Volume 1.
It would be odd seeing Heroes Volumes 2 and 3 in one case on the shelf.

jedibear
01-13-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm sure they'll release this "Volume" on it's own. Frankly, I'm not in that big of hurry for it. The season was so hit-n-miss and that last episode was just awful.

They've had their soph slump....here's hoping they return with both guns blazing, or this show's a goner...

Kidhuman
01-14-2008, 07:10 AM
Tey had to rush the ending of it becaue of the strike. For what they had to face, I thought they pulled it off fairly well. If the strike gets settled soon, it is possible we will see some more this season.

We will get some in 08, not a question, just might be in September.

Jayspawn
01-14-2008, 02:19 PM
I was hoping the Claire figure would come with Mr. Muggles.

Beast
02-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Here's the planned Heroes line-ups for Series 2 and 3 from UK Toy Fair.

Series 1

Sylar
Sylar will come with a Brain, baseball Cap, Painting and Glass Shooting Hand

Hiro
Hiro comes with a Sword, messenger Bag, and a painting

Claire Bennett
Claire comes with a Wounded Head, a wounded arm and, you guessed it... a painting

Peter Petrelli
Peter gets glowing hands, a messenger bag, and surprise, surprise... a painting

Mohinder
Mohinder is also an art lover, coming with the obligatory painting, as well as a activating evolution book, and messenger bag

However it wasn't just Series 1 protoypes on display as there were also a couple of boards outlining the proposed line ups for series 2 and 3 of the line

Series 2

Noah Bennet
Includes Handgun, Taser, Infrared Goggles, Cellphone and removable glasses

Niki / Jessica Saunders
Includes a sniper rifle, mirror and a case of money

Matt Parkman
Includes Molly Walker, Bag of Diamonds and a Handgun

Future Peter
Includes glowing hands

Mr Lindeman
Includes Flower, Handgun, Alternative Wounded Head, Painting

Series 3

Nathan Petrelli
includes Alternate Burned Head

Adam Monroe
Includes Shanti Vile, Kensei Sword and Handgun

The Haitian
Includes Windchime and Handgun

Hiro Nakamura (In Kensei Armor)
includes Kensei Sword and Removable Mask

Elle Bishop
Includes Electric hands

Follow the links for the full details and for images of the concept art:
http://www.action-figure.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=22577
http://74.52.193.82/events/main.php?g2_itemId=90465
http://74.52.193.82/events/main.php?g2_itemId=90477

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-01-2008, 06:57 PM
I gotta say that the pics I saw at Toyfair of the first wave are FAAAAAAAAAAR better than the promo pics. I might pick these up! :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
02-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Do you have a link to new Toy Fair pics JMG? Claire is #1 for me but I'm dreading the sculpts unless they improve. I have hope for now.

Jayspawn
02-01-2008, 10:42 PM
I have 2 sealed Hobby Boxes of Heroes cards from Topps on the way -accidently won them off Ebay. Hoping for good autograph pulls of course.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Do you have a link to new Toy Fair pics JMG? Claire is #1 for me but I'm dreading the sculpts unless they improve. I have hope for now.

http://74.52.193.82/events/main.php?g2_itemId=89573

Here ya go! :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
02-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Thanks JMG! Well, we're gettin there. I'm not sold on the Hayden likeness yet but its much better. The messenger bags are WAY too big. Hiro looks a lot better too.

Jayspawn
02-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Huh, I somehow missed Elle's last name until now. I'd love a figure of her too!

Jedi_Kal-El
02-01-2008, 11:22 PM
I just can't get excited about these. Maybe they'll look better when I actually see them in a store. Looks like Peter's going to get the lionshare of figures here. 2 in series 1 and another in series 2. I'll make an actual decision when I see them and hopefully the likenesses will be better than what I'm seeing in previews.

Kidhuman
02-02-2008, 09:12 AM
They actually look better than the original pictures of them.

DarthBrandon
02-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Meh, these figures are carp IMHO, if someone like McFarlane had these, they would be spot on. Even the horseman gents could do ten times better than these. I'll be saving tons of money not buying them, no matter how cool the show is.

JediTricks
02-02-2008, 10:50 PM
These look a little cartoony, I guess Mezco can't get away from that style even if they try. The eyes on those shots look weird, and the heads look out of proportion on some. This line looks like an easy pass to me.

Jayspawn
02-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Its frusterating JT - Mez got into that style and cant seem it get out.

Anyways, I won 2 sealed boxes of Topps Heroes Hobby boxes off Ebay and to my supprise, pulled a Hayden Panettiere autograph card on the 1st shot! WOOHOO! I also scored a Matt Parkman costume card too -pretty sweet.

Kidhuman
02-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Whats a costume card? Is it the wardrobe they wore on sets, like a Jersey card?

JediTricks
02-07-2008, 10:28 PM
My guess is Mezco parted ways with their "normal world" sculptor(s) and cartoony sculptor is all they have left. Otherwise, I can't figure it out.

figrin bran
02-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Whats a costume card? Is it the wardrobe they wore on sets, like a Jersey card?

Yes, exactly. Though I suspect that sometimes the costumes might not have actually been worn by the actors and might've been just spare costumes that were lying around and didn't get used.

Jayspawn
02-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Finally, the Heroes Soundtrack is coming 3/18. Should be interesting.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Where'd you hear/see info about the soundtrack? I can't find anything :upset:

Jayspawn
02-12-2008, 01:09 PM
Its on NBC.com in the Heroes section.

I hope it has the cool Shenkar music.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Its on NBC.com in the Heroes section.

I hope it has the cool Shenkar music.

Found it, thanks!

In fact, I agree about the Shenkar music. It's pretty much the ONLY reason why i'd buy a Heroes soundtrack. I don't like what i'm seeing though: New music from Panic at the Disco? whooptee sh**. :rolleyes:

Jayspawn
02-12-2008, 06:37 PM
As long as its music FROM the show I'm happy. The Shenkar tracks they did specifically for the show so it should be included. If it isnt, I'll probably pass. But its inclusion is a definate buy for me.

Got 2 more sealed boxes of Heroes Hobby cards on the way! Fingers crossed for some good pulls.

Jayspawn
02-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Oh, I'm also looking into getting a Kensi Sword -but havin trouble tracking the most accurate version as it seems that 2 have been made.

Rocketboy
02-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Fingers crossed for some good pulls.That works, eh? Hmmm, I'll have to try it.

Jayspawn
02-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Its worked before -but not everytime.

JediTricks
02-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Heroes has been renewed.

Rocketboy
02-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Now that it has been renewed and is over until fall, we just need a damn Volume 2 DVD announcement.

Jayspawn
02-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Now that the Writers Strike is over, hopefully Heroes will be back this fall.

Pretty good card pulls with my latest boxes. Pulled a Greg Grunberg auto card and (another) Matt Parkman piecework card. So, if anybody wants to trade cards, let me know.

Kidhuman
02-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Heroes has been renewed.

Now that it has been renewed and is over until fall, we just need a damn Volume 2 DVD announcement.

Now that the Writers Strike is over, hopefully Heroes will be back this fall.

See above quotes

JediTricks
02-16-2008, 05:27 PM
Actually, it appears NBC may pull Heroes out for late Summer.

Rocketboy
02-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Sweet. Hopefully Heroes: Origins gets made this year also.

JediTricks
02-17-2008, 01:45 AM
Nope, Origins is pulled as I understand it because the writer's strike ran too long and Heroes' ratings faltered in season 2.

Rocketboy
02-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Last I heard Origins was only pulled because of the writer's strike and they were hoping to get to it during season 3.

Jayspawn
02-17-2008, 11:54 AM
I purchased the Kensi Sword online last night -cant wait to get it!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Pics of waves 1,2, and 3.

http://www.toytraderz.com/modules/eventgallery/v/toyfair2008/Mezco/

These are looking faaaaaaaaaaaaar better, IMHO. I might have to snag these. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
02-17-2008, 11:02 PM
Sirsteve took some pretty nice pics of the Heroes figures as well ;)

Kensei/Adam looks pretty spot on but what's with the messenger bags on so many of the figures? I wasn't really going to collect this line but I'll probably pick and choose a few figures to get. I don't really see the point of having 7" and also 9" figures, though. Hopefully the 3 3/4" ones will turn out for the best as I'd favor getting those over the 7" at this point.

Jayspawn
02-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Sweet!

I dont see the point of 7 and 9 inch figures. I dont like Hiro having Ando's sword although he did have it (briefly) in the Season 1 Finale.

BUT, the sculpts are MUCH better. I'd get Elle, Adam, Nathan and Noah based on their sculpts now.

Claire in her blue, season 2 outfit would make a good exclusive.

RooJay
02-20-2008, 06:01 AM
Yeah, those figures are starting to not look half as bad as when they were first shown. Still not great, mind you...

Jayspawn
02-25-2008, 12:23 AM
After further examination of the recent photos at Toy Fair, I'm SOLD on Sylar and Peter.

Mohinder is gonna be a hard sell, because hes basically a bookworm. The likeness on Claire is still off and thats what holding this figure back. Still needs more work....

Also, recieved my Kensi Samurai sword on the mail. Looks fantastic! Definatly a unique Heroes collectible.

Jayspawn
03-06-2008, 06:31 PM
I'm working on some Heroes signed cast photos. A contact of mine is getting Adrian pasdar this weekend in Orlando. In April I'm getting Zachary Quinto in person and hopefully Hayden in the summer.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-06-2008, 08:26 PM
tracklisting to the "soundtrack" has been released.

The complete track listing is as follows:
1. Heroes Title - Wendy & Lisa
2. Fire and Regeneration - Wendy & Lisa (*new release)
3. He's Frank - Brighton Port Authority featuring Iggy Pop (*new release)
4. All For Swinging You Around - New Pornographers
5. Glad It's Over - Wilco (*new release)
6. Weightless - Nada Surf (new release)
7. Nine In The Afternoon - Panic! At The Disco (new release)
8. Chills - My Morning Jacket (*new release)
9. Natural Selection - Wendy & Lisa
10. ABoneCroneDrone 3 - Shelia Chandra
11. Not Now But Soon - Imogen Heap (*new release)
12. Jealously Rides With Me - Death Cab For Cutie (*new U.S. release)
13. All Things Must Pass - The Jesus and Mary Chain (*new release)
14. Homecoming - Wendy & Lisa
15. Man In The Long Black Coat - Bob Dylan
16. Maya's Theme - Yerba Buena (*new release)
17. Keeping My Composure - The Chemical Brothers featuring Spank Rock (*new release)
18. Heroes - David Bowie
* Denotes an exclusive new release on the "Heroes" soundtrack album.

Looks really awful; i'll probably just download it and take the actual music from Wendy and Lisa; i'm not bothering with this extra crap.

and another pic of series 2 has popped up, this time including Claude:
http://www.thegd.com/photo.asp?image=/images/Toys/Heroes/Mezco/6-Inch/Series2_Preview.jpg

:thumbsup:

Jayspawn
03-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Interesting listing for the soundtrack. I'll download the Wendy & Lisa Shenkar music and skip the rest also.

Series 2 looks good. I'm glad they included Claude. Is that 3rd figure supposed to be Peter?

Kidhuman
03-06-2008, 10:10 PM
I like the way Claude and Linderman look. Parkmans head looks a bit big, I uess he comes with Molly. I dont know who the 3rd one is, looks like Sylar.

figrin bran
03-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Rogue Wave's "Eyes" was featured prominently in the eclipse scene from the 1st episode and so it's disappointing that it didn't make the cut for the soundtrack.

Jayspawn
03-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Woah! Theres some Season previews on YouTube. Chapter 3 "Villans" looks DARK!

Kidhuman
03-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Is that 3rd figure supposed to be Peter?

Its future Peter

Woah! Theres some Season previews on YouTube. Chapter 3 "Villans" looks DARK!

I am going to say those are fan made. No way they wrote filmed and edited down episodes in a months time since the strike ended

Jayspawn
03-09-2008, 11:17 AM
They're not fan made apparently. Tim Kring brough them to the Jules Verne festival (or one of those shows). The footage is from the original end of Season 2 -which was suppsed to be longer. Apparently there are a few more episodes they didnt show us which they decided to save.

Yeah it occured to me later that that figure was Future Peter. Future Hiro would be sweet too.

Jayspawn
03-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Heres a pic of Adrian Pasdar signing my cast photos at MegaCon this last weekend...

Kidhuman
03-09-2008, 07:12 PM
They're not fan made apparently. Tim Kring brought them to the Jules Verne festival (or one of those shows). The footage is from the original end of Season 2 -which was supposed to be longer. Apparently there are a few more episodes they didnt show us which they decided to save.

Well that makes it alot different, I might have to go look at them now.

Rocketboy
03-09-2008, 07:25 PM
The clip makes a lot more sense now that I know it is from what was cut from Season 2.
They don't start filming again until May/June.
Looks like they cut a ton of stuff from Season 2 though.

Kidhuman
03-09-2008, 08:16 PM
CAn you guys PM me the links or post them, I found a few but I couldnt see them that well because they taped the screen. (or are those the only ones?)

Rocketboy
03-09-2008, 09:10 PM
The only one I saw was someone filming the screen also.

Jayspawn
03-09-2008, 11:39 PM
Those ARE the only ones. Its still a bit off but they will show more footage at ComiCon. AND The writers have conformed the Season 2 DVD will have LOTS of cut footage.

Rocketboy
03-10-2008, 12:30 AM
AND The writers have conformed the Season 2 DVD will have LOTS of cut footage.Any info when we'll see the DVD? I've looked for info a few times but haven't seen anything.

Jayspawn
03-10-2008, 12:33 AM
Theres NO date set yet. But they're planning for the return of Season 3 in September and the Season 2 DVD release in August.

Jayspawn
03-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Ok, I recieved my latest 3 boxes from Topps. Pulled 2 sketch cards (Hiro and Nathan) and 1 autograph card, Sendhil Ramamurthy. Not bad. The sketch cards are very nice, but I'd like to trade off the stetches for auto cards I dont have.

Just a few days till the album hits!

Beast
03-13-2008, 01:41 PM
Hopefully they'll release Heroes Season 1 and Season 2 on Blu-Ray then.

Jayspawn
03-13-2008, 11:13 PM
Amazon has the soundtrack listed with quick samples of each track. The Wendy & Lisa tracks sound great!

Jayspawn
03-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Ok, picked up the album...

And I gotta say, NOT an easy one to get. Apparently Best Buy is the only store that carries it, also in iTunes. Long story short, I went to 2 Best Buys to get it because at the 1st store -they had LOST the cds (I dont even want to know)

On to the album -its good. The vocal tracks themselves vary in theme, theres a good mix of all kinds, nice to listen to.

The good and the bad. The Wendy & Lisa tracks are the best. Unfortunatly theres only 4 of them and they're short. Now each episode has about 30 minutes of score so I expected more. Maybe we can petition NBC to do a Wendy & Lisa ONLY album.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-19-2008, 12:24 PM
Ok, picked up the album...

And I gotta say, NOT an easy one to get. Apparently Best Buy is the only store that carries it, also in iTunes. Long story short, I went to 2 Best Buys to get it because at the 1st store -they had LOST the cds (I dont even want to know)

On to the album -its good. The vocal tracks themselves vary in theme, theres a good mix of all kinds, nice to listen to.

The good and the bad. The Wendy & Lisa tracks are the best. Unfortunatly theres only 4 of them and they're short. Now each episode has about 30 minutes of score so I expected more. Maybe we can petition NBC to do a Wendy & Lisa ONLY album.

I've been tryign to find a place online where I can download the Wendy and Lisa only tracks, but nobody, itunes, amazon, etc. are offering all of the Wendy and Lisa tracks. And I refuse to buy the whole album for four or five songs that total only a few minutes. Gonna have to resort to piracy for this one. :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
03-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Thats another downside, you CANT get the Wendy & Lisa only tracks!

Jayspawn
03-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Scored a Jack Coleman auto card off the 'Bay for a good price. Just need Milo, Adrian and Masi to complete my set.

figrin bran
03-24-2008, 01:58 AM
I saw a few autos on the bay and although I'd like at least one, the prices are too rich for my blood and so I'll probably just focus my efforts and bids on the costume cards.

Jayspawn
03-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Ohh, I need Quinto too. I know the Milo and Masi cards are gonna be most expensive -hopeing to pull one from a box.

Rocketboy
03-31-2008, 12:08 AM
I didn't realize there was any question about it, but Kristen Bell (giggity) will indeed be back for more Heroes.
Superhero Hype! (http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6990) asked Forgetting Sarah Marshall star Kristen Bell in Hawaii this weekend whether she'll be back as Elle Bishop for Season Three of NBC's hit series, "Heroes."

"We're working it all out right now," Bell said. "The strike sort of threw a wrench into everything, but I think we're going back this summer and start airing in the fall."http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=43490

RooJay
03-31-2008, 04:58 AM
Wow, Kristen Bell is in Hawaii this weekend? So am I - just as I type this, in fact. And on Oahu as well. I'm not a huge fan, but it might've been nice to run into her (had been hoping to run into some of the Lost cast - they should be back to filming by now too, but no such luck.) I wonder where all this was supposed to have been happening?

Jayspawn
04-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Looks like Season 3 is set to return mid-September.

I'm glad that Kristen Bell is returning. Elle is one of my favorite characters, but I wonder if she'll turn out as a villian (shes a killer afterall) or a hero. Only bringin up that becuase she seemed pretty pleased when Suresh called her one. Then again, Claire still really hates her guts.

The Heroes Podcast (called 10th Wonder) has been debating Angela Petrelli's power. Interesting. The most popular vote is that her power is sensing other powers. I want to know what Kaito Nakamura's power is!

figrin bran
04-03-2008, 12:18 AM
TRU is going to have 2 exclusive figures for the Mezco line - Fire Rescue Claire and Hiro in Times Square. I didn't notice it in the show but apparently he teleported in front of the Times Square TRU which is the backdrop for the figure.

Anyhow, good to see that TRU will carry this line as there weren't any stores near me other than comic book stores that will carry the figures.

Beast
04-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Yeah, but did you see Time Square Hiro? He's got the 'I'm Pooping My Pants' head. :eek:

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Mezco_Announces_Heroes_Toys_R_Us_Exclusive_Figures _113617.asp

Jayspawn
04-03-2008, 12:52 PM
I'm glad that these will be available at TRU. I'm not wild about the exclusives -but they are a good idea. Shame theyre showing the bad-sculp version of Claire. Hiro is a bad sculpt. He should be in his "I did it! Hello New York!!!!" pose.

Jayspawn
04-14-2008, 10:41 AM
I get to meet Zachary Quinto this coming weekend at my local sci-fi con here in Colorado. Masi Oka was recently added but hes appearing to promote Get Smart. Not sure if hes signing or not -so fingers are crossed. But Quinto is signing for sure!

Beast
04-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Universal has announced Heroes - Season 2 for August 26th.

In addition, they have finally announced their plans for Blu-Ray. Including a release of Heroes - Season 1 and Heroes - Season 2 on the same date as the DVD releases. :)

Heroes: Seasons One and Two Soaring to Blu-ray

Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced they will release 'Heroes: Season One' and 'Heroes: Season Two' for Blu-ray on August 26th. The first season was released on DVD and HD DVD last August, and the second season will be released on Blu-ray day-and-date with the DVD release. No specs or extras have been announced at this time.

The 'Heroes: Season Two' release will be the first global release on Blu-ray for Universal, indicating that it will be available in all territories on August 26th. This also places the previous seasons in the hands of fans a few days before the proposed start of the third season of the popular television series.

No word on whether 'Heroes: Season One' will be a port of the previous HD DVD release, or if it will be optimized for Blu-ray. We'll post more details on all the upcoming Universal titles when they come available.

Jayspawn
04-19-2008, 10:23 PM
Woohoo! DVD news!

I talek w/ Nichelle Nichols today at my local con. She said she was coming back for Season 3. But she specifically did not have a return date. I also met Zachary Quinto today, says he reports back in 2 weeks. He said the next few scripts are pretty exciting.

Jayspawn
04-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Well I bit the bullet and purchased a Milo Ventimiglia auto card off Ebay. Didnt have to sell a kidney and I got a pretty good deal. But its much cheaper than purchasing boxes and hoping to pull it.

RooJay
05-01-2008, 01:47 AM
So how much exactly is a good deal for a Peter Petrelli autograph anyway? If you don't mind my asking.

I bought a pack of cards this past weekend on a lark. I usually have a thing for picking out which packs have special cards - for some reason they just feel different to me (physically as opposed to psychically, which would really be something.) Sure enough, I managed a Matt Parkman foil card (I just know someone's going to chime in about how there's a foil card in every pack or something.) Pretty cool even though trading cards aren't really my thing anymore. One thing of note that I learned from the cards was that apparently Eden actually resisted Sylar's power and killed herself in order to prevent him from taking them. Watching the show I had always thought that what we were seeing was Sylar having already taking her power and using them on her to force her to kill herself. Wonder what are the chances Topps got it wrong, and my first impression was right? Anyone confirm that?

figrin bran
05-01-2008, 02:19 AM
So how much exactly is a good deal for a Peter Petrelli autograph anyway? If you don't mind my asking.

I bought a pack of cards this past weekend on a lark. I usually have a thing for picking out which packs have special cards - for some reason they just feel different to me (physically as opposed to psychically, which would really be something.) Sure enough, I managed a Matt Parkman foil card (I just know someone's going to chime in about how there's a foil card in every pack or something.) Pretty cool even though trading cards aren't really my thing anymore. One thing of note that I learned from the cards was that apparently Eden actually resisted Sylar's power and killed herself in order to prevent him from taking them. Watching the show I had always thought that what we were seeing was Sylar having already taking her power and using them on her to force her to kill herself. Wonder what are the chances Topps got it wrong, and my first impression was right? Anyone confirm that?

I always interpreted that scene the same way that the Topps card does. We might even have discussed it in the first few pages of this thread but don't quote me on that. Bear in mind that if Sylar had been able to attain her power, the entire course of the series would've been altered.

Jayspawn
05-01-2008, 01:42 PM
I paid about $70 for Ventimiglia's autograph card. It goes for around $100. My justification was that I could keep buying sealed boxes of cards for cheapr and maybe pull it. But the chances are that I'd get one I already had and the $ spending to obtain it would continue.

I just need Masi Oka and Zachary Quinto for a complete set.

Beast
05-01-2008, 09:25 PM
For those who still care about the upcoming figure line, looks like there will be two more exclusives at Wizard World Philly. Vanishing Peter Petrelli and Invisible Peter Petrelli. This isn't the start, nor do I doubt it will be the end. Heh.

FIRST LOOK AT EXCLUSIVE, LIMITED "HEROES" FIGURES AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT WW PHILLY!

Mezco Toyz is unveiling the two amazing action figures of Heroes hero Peter Petrelli available for pre-order at Wizard World Philadelphia May 30-June 1! Featuring highly detailed sculpts and 17 points of articulation each, these figures are fully capable of saving the cheerleader and saving the world! The exclusives are based on the Emmy and Golden Globe nominated hit series Heroes about ordinary people with extraordinary abilities. Invisible Peter Petrelli and Vanishing Peter Petrelli allow you to expand your collection of 7-inch scale figures to reenact your favorite adventures from Heroes. Just because he can turn invisible doesn't mean you should overlook these figures. Invisible Peter Petrelli and Vanishing Peter Petrelli are exclusive to Wizard World Chicago, but they’re available for limited pre-order at Wizard World Philadelphia and will definitely be collector's items!
http://www.wizardworld.com/ch-peterpetrelliimageupdate.html

JediTricks
05-02-2008, 04:57 AM
Man, Vanishing Peter Petrelli looks really bad, something is very off about the remaining paint there.

Beast
05-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Lame! The one figure I really would have bought, and he's a Mezco.Com/Convention exclusive? Not only is he an exclusive, but the mark-up on him is ridiculous. $30.00 for Future Hiro? Screw you Mezco, screw you hard. That's just crazy.

Future Hiro Summer Exclusive Available For Pre-Order At Mezco Direct

NY- Future Hiro- One of the most highly anticipated figures of the season, is now available for pre order at Mezco Direct. Future Hiro features his highly detailed sword of Takezo Kensei, as well as a sword sheath. This limited edition figure (edition size to be revealed in July) will only be available at Mezco Direct and at various summer conventions, including the legendary San Diego Comic Con. Mezco’s full line of eight Summer Exclusives will be revealed in Toy Fare issue #132 available in June.
http://www.mezcotoyz.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=592

Apperantly there is going to be a total of 8 Heroes exclusive figures this year.

Kidhuman
05-02-2008, 09:35 PM
I can not believe how may exclusives are in this line of toys. Its insane. It will stop me from getting them and I was looking forward to alot of them but most are exclusive

Beast
05-02-2008, 09:55 PM
I can not believe how may exclusives are in this line of toys. Its insane. It will stop me from getting them and I was looking forward to alot of them but most are exclusive
Exactly. Even if I was interested in the line, I would have just decided to drop it. That said, making Future Hiro... one a lot of people were asking for, an exclusive? Feh. They can cram the whole line. Especially charging $30 for him. :rolleyes:

JediTricks
05-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Man, way to fail! WTF? This should have been in the main line, they're totally killing the potential of this line. The only "action" version of Hiro most folks want and they make it an HTF, overpriced exclusive?

Beast
05-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Man, way to fail! WTF? This should have been in the main line, they're totally killing the potential of this line. The only "action" version of Hiro most folks want and they make it an HTF, overpriced exclusive?
Exactly. I would have happily bought him in the main line.

And it's a great looking figure. But not as an exclusive and not at that price.

Jayspawn
05-04-2008, 07:03 PM
I wont pay anything above retail for any of the figures -unless I get a really good deal. Future Hiro looks great! -But NOT $30 great.

figrin bran
05-31-2008, 09:28 PM
I found the Heroes figures at my local TRU today!

Picked up Sylar, Peter and the exclusive Claire and Hiro.

Jayspawn
06-01-2008, 12:46 PM
How much were they? How do the final sculpts on Claire look?

Jayspawn
06-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Went by TRU yesterday -nothin. They actually didnt know what I was talking about. :tired:

Gonna try again today.

figrin bran
06-02-2008, 10:47 PM
How much were they? How do the final sculpts on Claire look?

Oops, sorry I forget to mention the price! $14.99 per figure.

I bought only the "Fire Rescue" TRU exclusive Claire as the burnt head was a pretty good semi accurate sculpt. The non burnt head, not so much but that one is better than both of the heads for the regular Claire.

Jayspawn
06-06-2008, 12:31 PM
nbc.com/heroes has a NEW Season 3 preview!

Masi Oka: "This season, Hiro meets his greatest nemesis." And then they show, HER! She looks sweet!

Still no sign of the Heroes figures in my state.

Jayspawn
06-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Topps is releasing series 2 trading cards next month in July. I managed to dig up a list of the autograph signers for the set, not bad....

Ali Larter (Niki Sanders)
Dana Davis (Monica Dawson)
David Anders (Adam Monroe/Kensi)
Adair Tishler (Molly Walker)
Jimmy Jean-Louis (The Hatian)
Ashley Crowe (Sandra Bennett)
Christine Rose (Angela Petrelli)
Stephen Tobolowsky (Bob Bishop)
Nicholas D'Agosto (West Rosen)

I'm betting that Ali Larter will the the tough card. Was hoping for Kristen Bell and Dania Ramirez -maybe they'll be late additions. Anyways, its a great list so far.

Jayspawn
06-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Still no sign of Heroes at my local TRU. Its been a while since they've stocked anything new. I think they forgot that they had to put product on the shelves in order to sell anything.

On the other hand, I've COMPLETED my set of Topps series 1 Heroes autograph cards. I'm brainstorming a display for them -but havnt put it into production yet.

Jayspawn
07-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Finally, my TRU stores got a clue and put out some new figures including the Heroes figures! All of them look pretty good. I picked up Sylar (had to). Mohinder came out great too -might go back for him later. No sign of any version of Hiro. ANyways, Sylar is a great toy. Would have like additional nucular hands, but I wonder if Peter's nuc hands will fit? Hmm..

September 22nd! Season 3 Premier!

JediTricks
07-02-2008, 01:19 AM
I saw these last week, didn't really do it for me. The store had multiples of each character EXCEPT for Mohinder, only 1 of him. And the Claire figure was packed on the top peg, perfect for little pervy kids to look up her cheerleader skirt. $15 seems steep to me, it was an easy pass, and I laughed when I realized they put them in the Superheroes section, good luck chumps!

Jayspawn
07-12-2008, 01:27 PM
My TRU has them in the McFarlane section right next to the animated Spawn figs. I think they came out decent enough given that Mez hasnt made realistic style figures in years. Cant wait for Series 2!

ALmost a month till the Season 2 DVD. The standard set price is $25 which is not bad -I'm still gettin it anyways. Hopefully they make good on those special features.

Jayspawn
08-01-2008, 12:40 AM
Looks like attandees of the Heroes Panel a SDCC go to see the premier of Villians -LUCKY! And its still 2 months away. The entire principal cast was in attendance and did Q&A afterwards. Unfortunatly, it was one moron after another asking one stupid question after another. *sigh*

figrin bran
08-01-2008, 01:07 AM
The NBC site has the Comic Con panel for viewing only with the first episode of season 3 removed. Jay, unfortunately that's par for the course as far as Q&A's at the SDCC.

Now that I've seen the 3 3/4" figures, I'll collect those instead of the 6" ones.

JediTricks
08-03-2008, 03:42 AM
It's funny, most of the panels I went to had a good mix of ok questions and total morons, so it's shameful that the biggest panel of the show had all moron questions.

figrin bran
08-25-2008, 03:40 AM
So it looks like the Season 2 DVD sets will have different bonuses with the deluxe editions depending on the retailer. Best Buy will have a Kensei mask. Target has a sketchbook and 30 extra min. of footage. Circuit City has a free film cell with the regular edition.

Jayspawn
08-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Watched Season 2 DVD features yesterday. AWESOME extras and deleted scenes! The cut scenes with Elle and Sylar are awesome!!!

Kidhuman
08-27-2008, 10:05 PM
I have only watched the preview for season 3.

SPOLIER AHEAD

How the hell does Nikki survive?

End Spoiler

JediTricks
08-30-2008, 03:36 PM
That's not much of a spoiler if you've seen the TV advert or the posters that are popping up around town here. The same can be said of Nathan.

BTW, awesome friggin' Venture Bros. "Tag Sale - You're It!" avatar, from when henchman 21 buys the lightsaber Dr Venture invented that Kenner didn't want. Pretty smart of Venture to update the look to a prequel style though. :p

Kidhuman
08-30-2008, 07:18 PM
I saw a bunch of spoliers that had Nathan surviving and who shot him. Since I live in the smallest Va Town of Blacksburg and College Football is starting up, everything is Hokies on Billboards. I dont watch TV too much, especially NBC, I think Heroes is it on NBC really, so I dont see many commercials

Me and a friend couldnt think of what number 21 was at work the other day, so I wikipedia'd it and found that sweet pic and thought, I need to have it.

JediTricks
09-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Really? I hadn't heard who shot him, been avoiding spoilers only in a passive sense (feel free to post tho', I'll read it, I don't mind, just don't feel like actively tracking it down).

IMO, this isn't a spoiler because it's in the chief marketing. It amazes me that Niki and Nathan are so prevalent on the bus stop posters around here, talk about not holding back those surprises. I kinda figured Niki had a chance at surviving via The Incredible Jess, but Nathan too, that was a bit of a "huh?".

Oh, I do have 1 spoiler I forgot all about, a dead non-main character who is coming back. A friend of mine knows the actor pretty well and they spoke about it. I believe this isn't a major spoiler and has been featured in some marketing materials, but I am not totally sure. == It's Linderman, he's definitely back. Malcolm McDowell had to re-grow his beard for the character even. :p I believe his excuse on this was that he shoved his brain back in. ==

Nice addition to the sig as well.

Kidhuman
09-03-2008, 06:14 AM
I cant beleive he is back, thats absurd. I will look up the spoilers and get em up later on today. Gotta get ready for work

El Chuxter
09-03-2008, 10:45 AM
So, the show started out trying to be a more realistic comic book superhero story, but is already at the "I'm not as dead as you thought!" stage after two seasons?

Jayspawn
09-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Nathan obviously wasnt going to stay dead -hes one of the main characters (not that I put it past them). I knew from the beginning that Nathan wasnt going to really die -not sure why its a supprise.

Anyways, I think Nathan's shooter should stay unrevealed on the forums for now. I dont think some people want to know, those who do, ask via pm. I know but I'm not saying out of respect for those who dont.

Nikki obviously wasnt dead. Yes it looked like it but it doesnt mean she didnt go out the back. Micah is going to have a smaller role in Season 3 so we'll see what happens with that. Larter's character is being revealed as "Tracy" for Season 3. If you watch the Season 2 extras, you see that Angela Petrelli's power is revealed and some 'Villains' are revealed.

Rocketboy
09-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Its no surprise that Nikki/Jessica and Nathan are alive. I figured their survival was a given since they are two of the main stars.

I have yet to watch Season 2 for a second time, so I may be a bit fuzzy on the details, but did they actually say Nathan was dead? I only remember him getting shot. I always assumed someone just tried to kill him.

As for Nikki/Jessica its a bit tougher for the writer's to explain.

Kidhuman
09-03-2008, 06:36 PM
The whole Nathan thing is he got shot, we dont know if he died or not.

Spoilers ahead:

As a special treat for Comic Con attendees, creator Tim Kring joined the entire Heroes cast onstage with a metal briefcase handcuffed to his wrist, and proceeded to pull out a burned DVD with the handwritten text “Heroes Volume III (Episode One)” written on it. This could only mean one thing, and as the lights dimmed, fans erupted in applause.

For those, like myself, who found the second season of Heroes to have been incredibly weak but with a small handful of redeeming qualities toward the end, you’ll be happy to know that for the most part things do seem like they’ll be getting better. Whereas last season’s premiere was both dull and uninvolving, volume three kicks off immediately with an onslaught of new developments that are sure to keep viewers on their toes. Not all of them are entirely successful though, partially because the dialogue and execution are way too cheesy in a number of instances, and partially because some of the newly introduced subplots are just plain dumb.

If you’re not interested in having the first episode of the season spoiled for you, you should stop reading now.

The episode starts off four year into the future, with a scarred Peter running for his very life. He enters a building and finds Claire waiting for him, holding a gun to his head. She tries to shoot him, but he slows down time and evades the bullet by simply walking out of its path. Then he grabs her gun and jumps through time to the present. Now we’re back to where season two ended, with Nathan being shot by an unknown assailant. As it turns out, “Future Peter” is that unknown assailant.

Nathan gets taken to the hospital, but the wounds are too severe and he dies… for about five minutes. His pale lifeless body jumps up on the hospital bed. The experience of dying and coming back to life makes him rethink his purpose, and instead of continuing what he started by announcing to the world about people like him, he comes to the realization that they exist to serve God’s will.

Later on, Angela Petrelli confronts “Future Peter” about changing the future for the worse.

Meanwhile, Claire finds herself attacked by Sylar, who captures her and splits her head open. We then see Sylar examining Claire’s exposed brain. A mildly concious Claire asks “Are you gonna eat it?” “Am I gonna eat it? That’s disgusting, Claire.” Soon afterward, Sylar locates the necessary part of Claire’s mind with his powers. He looks down and a wound on his stomach starts to heal. Claire is confused, wondering why he doesn’t kill her. “You’re not like the others, Claire. You can’t die. And now, neither can I.”

On the other side of the world, Hiro is the head of his father’s company and has all the money anyone could ever ask for, yet still feels left without a purpose. Before he can dwell on it for too long though, he receives a video tape of his late father explaining to him he must protect a world-altering secret that’s hidden within a safe in the office, and must not ever open it. Unwilling to listen to reason, Hiro opens the safe anyway, much to Ando’s chagrin. Inside is another tape of his father, this time yelling at Hiro for opening the safe. He then explains that the safe contains half of a formula that must never get in the wrong hands.

Moments later, the paper vanishes from Hiro’s hand. He stops time as fast as he can, and notices this lengthy red blur traveling through the office. He follows it all the way through the building until it connects to a blond girl, who he soon finds out isn’t actually frozen in time. His power has no effect on her. In order to get away, she punches him and speeds out of the building. Needing to get the formula back, Hiro travels to the future and sees “Future Hiro” battling Ando, who demands he give back the formula. Unwilling to do so, “Future Ando” blasts “Furure Hiro” with red bolts of electricity. Hiro quickly travels back to the present.

The last character subplot involves Mohinder and Maya. Maya gets upset that Mohinder wants to leave, and when her powers start to take effect, Mohinder realizes how people get their powers: through the adrenal gland. He then figures out how to replicate the abilities in other people, later deciding to inject himself with it, causing him to lose conciousness. As he wakes up, two muggers try to rob him. He grab one of their guns and bends it in half, and then throws one of the guys halfway across the street. The other mugger takes off without a second thought, while Mohinder stands there amazed at what he just did.

As much as I like where the storylines with Sylar, Hiro, and Peter are heading, I really dislike what they’ve done with Mohinder. It was bad enough when they made it so that Claire’s blood could revive anyone simply by injecting it (thus removing any tension about whether or not certain characters would survive), but now it’s even worse. Within a single episode, two powerless characters have been either given powers or shown having powers. What do you guys think? Is this a bad move, or do you like the prospect of any normal individual being able to gain superpowers on the show?

JediTricks
09-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Oh boy, I think Heroes season 3 is going to be the ultimate mess. And yeah, this seems to have the worst comic book trappings going on. Too bad, season 1 was brilliant.

sith_killer_99
09-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Any fans of the 4400 here?

It seems like they tore a page right out of their script here. I guess we'll see if it works or not.

Jayspawn
09-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Oh boy, I think Heroes season 3 is going to be the ultimate mess. And yeah, this seems to have the worst comic book trappings going on. Too bad, season 1 was brilliant.

Positive attitude as always JT ;)

I think Season 3 is gotta ROCK! I love the pics and videos I've seen of it. Expectations are very high for sure.

Rocketboy
09-09-2008, 12:36 AM
Positive attitude as always JT ;)Don't mind JT - he hates everything.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-09-2008, 01:13 AM
Don't mind JT - he hates everything.

Seems like there are a lot of people around here like that though.

Rocketboy
09-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Seems like there are a lot of people around here like that though.So very true...

mtriv73
09-09-2008, 10:42 AM
My wife and I just got seasons 1 and 2 on DVD and started watching last week. I'd seen a few random episodes before, but was essentially lost with the plot. Now I love the show and can't wait for season 3.

Jayspawn
09-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Hell yeah -gonna be glued to the tv for the 2-hour premier.

Rocketboy
09-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Just finished rewatching Season 2 and its better than I remember (I enjoyed it initially anyway).
Some parts of it do drag on big time but the whole thing flows better when seen in a few days, rather than weeks like when it aired.

-Hiro in 17th Century Japan builds a good relationship between Hiro and Kensei but the arc lasts probably 2 or 3 episodes too long.
-Peter in Ireland also lasted 2 or 3 episodes too long.
-Noah/Claire/West was too drawn out. There was no real tension until West discovered who Noah is. It was a superowered high school drama.
-Maya and Alejandro was the second biggest misstep in the series so far. It was 9 episodes of "MAYA!" "ALEJANDRO!" "MAYA!" "ALEJANDRO!" "MAYA!" "ALEJANDRO!"
-The worst part of Season 2 was Micah and Monica. The characters were dull and the story went nowhere slow. At least Maya and Alejandro led somewhere (even it was only the return of Sylar)

I did like the larger plots of tracking the killer, inside the Company (where Noah is useful) and the virus.

After seeing where Season 2 was headed before the writer's strike, I'm kinda thankful for the strike. I really didn't like the stuff that was filmed about the virus. Elle tracking Sylar down was good though. Hopefully they re-adapt that in some way for Season 3. We need more Kristen Bell this year.

JediTricks
09-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Positive attitude as always JT ;)

I think Season 3 is gotta ROCK! I love the pics and videos I've seen of it. Expectations are very high for sure.What substantive issues have given you high expectations though? Pics and out-of-context vid clips don't often say much.

Don't mind JT - he hates everything.Yeah, like right now, you. :p

sith_killer_99
09-23-2008, 12:09 AM
WOW, season 3 ROCKS, what an opener!

Theories?

First of all, let's just say what's out there most...Niki is alive.

Here's my theory, she develops powers based on survival instinct, in doing so she creates an alternate identity to match her new power.

Niki = No Powers "soccer mom/stripper" personality
Jessica = Super Strength "bada$$ bit@h" personality
Tracy = Freezing "Ice Queen" personality

In Vegas she needed to be strong to take on the bad guys. Then she gets blocked in a blazing inferno, she needed to stay cool. Each time she develops a different power to suite her needs at that time. The side effect is that she develops a different personality. It wouldn't be the first time someone demonstrated the ability to use other powers.

Lots to talk about with the season premier, but this was one of the bigger mysteries that was left open.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-23-2008, 01:59 AM
The Greatest American Hero was Tracy's first victim. I guess he never did learn to use that suit.

Kidhuman
09-23-2008, 07:06 AM
All around I thought it was good. Who the heck is the dude with Parkman and how the hell did Future Peter stick Peter in Jesse?

Not a bad theory on Nikki/Jessica/Tracy SK.

Maya learned better English, but still missed the acting lessons.

Sylar helping the good guys?

Nathan seeing Lindermans ghost?

sith_killer_99
09-23-2008, 09:04 AM
Maya learned better English, but still missed the acting lessons.

Yeah, but she was TOTALLY HOT in this episode!!!:yes:

Sylar helping the good guys?

Gabriel is Peter and Nathans long lost brother?!?!

Did anyone catch the pre-air special...dear old "mom" is feeding Gabriel (Sylar).

BTW, Sylar did something to Clair, not sure what, but he totally messed with her brain in more ways than one. That is after all his true ability. He took away her ability to feel pain. I also noted that he still feels pain when he is injured, so something is going on there!

how the hell did Future Peter stick Peter in Jesse?

It's probably an ability he developed (borrowed) in the future.

Blue2th
09-23-2008, 09:46 AM
I did see the "feeding of Sylar" I had forgot what power that girl had. Was it like the mother? The ability to see dreams of the future? Giving him some power to see the error of his ways to help the cause?

My guess is that Linderman's ability to heal is the reason he's still around, along with invisibility, but why can only Nathan see him? Or maybe a ghost like KH said?

What's up with Mohinder? Is he turning into something alien like the fly?

The beauty of Peter's time travel you can reset everything. Now the great disaster is not the virus but the Earth being split into.

Jayspawn
09-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Wow! Talk about information!

- Claire/Sylar: What a scene! Sylar definitely has intimidation on his side. Anyways, yes Sylar got her power and without killing her. The "Brain Scene" is really a weird one. I'm guessing that Sylar removed her brain, analyzed how it worked then put it back together then gave her the top of her head back so she could heal. At least now we know that Sylar doesn't eat the brains. In the process it seems that Claire's ability to 'feel' her own pain has been lost. I suppose there will me more on that to come.

- Nathan/Linderman: Should have seen this one coming. Its Linderman's power to heal dead things, and Nathan clearly died in the operation. But how Linderman is alive will require further explanation in a future episode -I'm sure we'll get it at some point. I'll bet that Linderman is alive in some way.

- Nikki/Tracy: I don't get this at all but the above theory isnt bad. I liked the scene between her and Nathan.

- Bob/Elle/HRG: Bob is dead! That sucks! What suck the most is I would have loved to see the scene between Sylar and Bob. That would have been an awesome exchange of words. The Elle/Sylar battle was neat. When Sylar was cutting her head open I was thinkin "Oooohhh...S@&*#" So when Elle blasted him across the room with her EMP I was like "hell yeah!" I'm glad that Noah is out. Couldnt wait to see Noah's reaction when he told him about Claire -big mistake! Except now that Sylar can heal.

Not gonna go on about Peter or Angela yet, except that Future Peter has got the present time in a tongue-twister.

Jayspawn
09-23-2008, 10:46 AM
Oh, and ironically I found the Heroes Series 2 action figures at TRU yesterday afternoon before the premier. They had Noah Bennett, Nikki, Linderman, Claude, Clear/Invisible Claude, and Parkman w/Molly.

Rocketboy
09-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Initial impressions:
Fantastic start, with so many new questions.
No Molly, Micah or Monica! YES! YES! YES!
Great seeing Veronica and Weevil back together on the same show! :)
The worst thing was easily the Mohinder storyline. He keeps the show grounded,

Kidhuman
09-23-2008, 03:46 PM
I am so happy they brought Claires real mom back. I was saying that to someone at work that she and Claude need to come back. Glad one of them is now.

Qui-Long Gone
09-23-2008, 04:13 PM

I would add to that Peter and Hiro's storylines.....those three continually make the stupidest choices, especially Mohinder and Peter....

I do think the Bennet family saga is getting a little old, along with Sylar. It's nice to see new baddies on the loom.

I'm curious if Micah and Monica will return....can't say I miss them....nor do I miss Molly Walker, Texas Ranger finder.

jedibear
09-23-2008, 09:03 PM
As the first hour lumbered along, I kept waiting to see if it would get better than season two...

And then the second hour started and...when Saresh pulled his wall-walking boring power and proceeded to rip Goo Eye Girl's clothes off, well, the shark was jumped and....off the TV went and oh well...another show that had a first season filled with great promise winds up in another convoluted overwrought and boring mess.

Glad folks are enjoying it, but it left me cold.

sith_killer_99
09-23-2008, 09:35 PM
What suck the most is I would have loved to see the scene between Sylar and Bob.

With Heroes, you just never know, the whole thing could take place in another episode flashback. If not, there's always the deleted scenes on blu-ray/dvd.

Nice to finally see Bob's power in use..."Midas touch"!!!

I do think the Bennet family saga is getting a little old, along with Sylar.

The show, although centered mostly around the off spring of the original members of the "company" seems to be dominated by the Bennet and Petrelli families which are linked by Claire.

I am so happy they brought Claires real mom back.

The words fight fire with fire came to mind as I picture her mom getting into it with blue flame boy sometime soon.

figrin bran
09-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Initial impressions:
Fantastic start, with so many new questions.
No Molly, Micah or Monica! YES! YES! YES!
Great seeing Veronica and Weezil back together on the same show! :)

You mean "Weevil" and not "Weezil", right? :p I knew he looked familiar but didn't realize it was him until just now.

Moblunder is more like it. No scientist would ever inject himself without having done extensive testing. Forget about super powers, get the man some common sense!

Jayspawn, I loved Elle's desperation blast at Sylar as well! :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
09-23-2008, 11:29 PM
Nice to finally see Bob's power in use..."Midas touch"!!!He used them in the first, maybe second episode of Season 2 (when he offers Mohinder the job at lunch).

You mean "Weevil" and not "Weezil", right? :p I knew he looked familiar but didn't realize it was him until just now. Holy crap! I didn't even notice my terrible typo (I know better than that!).

Mad Slanted Powers
09-24-2008, 01:36 AM
You mean "Weevil" and not "Weezil", right? :p I knew he looked familiar but didn't realize it was him until just now. I didn't notice him. I got my characters confused. I was thinking of Wallace, not Weevil. I was thinking there was a black escapee, but I didn't recognize him. Then as I was about to respond, I realized the guy Peter was trapped in was familiar, and recognized my error.

Rocketboy
09-24-2008, 08:44 AM
Actually Wallace is in a new Orbit gum commercial.

JEDIpartner
09-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Mohinder is a tool. The other thing that sucks about him is his sudden interest in reciting lame poetry. LOL

They need to start reeling some of this in. It's just sprawling way too far out there and it's getting hard to keep track of. They need to kill off some characters. They can start with Maya.

electricidad
09-24-2008, 11:47 AM
I liked Elle coming into her own, and I liked every moment Sylar was on the screen. I also particularly liked Noah Bennet unloading a gun into Sylar (and of all the characters on the show, I've liked the path Noah Bennet's character has gone since day one. Funny that the guy with no powers is, in my eyes, the most interesting character on the show). If Sylar's a lost Petrelli brother, though, I'll be disappointed.

First thing I thought when I saw Linderman: he is to Nathan what Cylon 6 is to Baltar (if I may go all BSG). And we know Linderman is eeeevil because 1. he urged Nathan to blow up New York in season one and 2. he's played by Malcolm McDowell. I'm already enjoying this subplot.

And I would enjoy this show if it was only Hiro and Ando. I have a big, goofy smile on my face each time they're on screen.

Overall, I imagine Heroes is heading toward a "villain of the week" set up for the next several episodes. Which is OK--the main characters can only fight each other for so long. We have a world-breaking dilemma teased in these episodes, too. Nice.

Here's what I didn't like:

* Mohinder going all Seth Brundle. This runs counter to what we've seen established for him.

* Future Peter seems to have a number of powers present Peter does not. But he can absorb and catalogue those powers--so does that mean present Peter absorbed future Peter's new powers as well? This makes my head hurt. Un-regardless, present Peter is stuck in a villain's body. I don't like this at all.

* You have a show called Heroes, and you have the guy who played the Greatest American Hero guest starring, and you kill him off after seven-eight seconds of screen time? Huh.

General_Grievous
09-24-2008, 12:29 PM
I liked the premiere a lot. My only gripes were that Micah and Monica were nowhere to be seen or heard from.

Rocketboy
09-24-2008, 03:22 PM
I liked the premiere a lot. My only gripes were that Micah and Monica were nowhere to be seen or heard from.Why is that a bad thing?

Qui-Long Gone
09-24-2008, 03:23 PM
* Future Peter seems to have a number of powers present Peter does not. But he can absorb and catalogue those powers--so does that mean present Peter absorbed future Peter's new powers as well? This makes my head hurt. Un-regardless, present Peter is stuck in a villain's body. I don't like this at all.

....good point, now MY head hurts....

Rocketboy
09-24-2008, 03:31 PM
That is kinda like asking why didn't Hiro go back in time and stop the speedy chick from yoinkin' his paper. I know he said he would never go back in time again, but shortly thereafter he goes into the future then he goes back in time to the present.

Jayspawn
09-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Monica's part of the story is supposed to be wrapped up in the next few episodes. But her character will be open for return so she's not gonna die.

And if Monica's story is gonna wrap, and Tracy (aka Nikki) is someone else, then where is Micah gonna go next? Micah will apparently be a regular in this season but not a major character.

RooJay
09-25-2008, 05:51 AM
Here are a few of my thoughts on the new season:

- Speedster Chick = Really cute! Didn't think I'd like her at first, but she just looks so danged adorable for me not to like!

- I could have sworn that Maya died last season, and while her newly noticeable hottness is very welcome (she definitely didn't seem so hot last season when I really wanted her to go away) but that still doesn't excuse the overall lameness of her character (and I still would not mind if she went away - just a little less now.)

- Pretty neat how Hiro immediately assumes that he's still the good guy in the future when Ando kills him! What if Ando was actually playing the good guy in that little scenario and trying to fix what Hiro screwed up when he took that formula out of the safe?

- Mohinder as Brundlefly is almost too funny for them not to be going somewhere interesting with that. Come on, his storyline so far is almost directly lifted from Cronenberg's The Fly! The writers are smart enough to know that we're smart enough to realize that. This has to be leading us to something much cooler than we can see after only one episode, but it also has to be wrapping up pretty quick before the fans really start getting all bent out of shape.

- Also regarding Mohinder: someone else mentioned here (and I'm too lazy to go back and check who that was right now) that a scientist would never inject themselves with an untreated substance, but I must disagree with that assertion:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Marshall
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Hofmann
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stubbins_Ffirth
Neither of these guys even expected anything half as cool as super powers to result from their self experimentation (except maybe the LSD guy, if you're into that kind of thing.) These guys injected themselves with stuff that could have ended up giving them things like gastritis, yellow fever, and psychedelic delusions! Then there's that one guy who used to strap himself to rockets to see how messed up you'd get by the G-forces. As I recall, he'd usually get himself pretty messed up!

- I also note that four seasons in and very few of these "Heroes" have done anything too overtly heroic. Even when they have, it's tended to be fairly self serving anyway. Sure, they did 'save the cheerleader' and therefore saved the world, but it came off as being more of a destiny thing than a truly heroic act (in my opinion anyway.) I'd like to see more instances of these folks doing heroic things just because they're the right things to do. I'd be really interested in seeing at least some of them form up, say under the leadership of Noah Bennett, and team up against our new villains. I'm thinking we need to see these characters become much more proactive rather than always being reactive.

Rocketboy
09-25-2008, 07:26 AM
- I also note that four seasons in and very few of these "Heroes" have done anything too overtly heroic. Even when they have, it's tended to be fairly self serving anyway. Sure, they did 'save the cheerleader' and therefore saved the world, but it came off as being more of a destiny thing than a truly heroic act (in my opinion anyway.) I'd like to see more instances of these folks doing heroic things just because they're the right things to do. Getting together to stop Sylar.
Nathan sacrificing himself to stop Peter from killing everyone.
Nikki saving Monica.
Matt searching for the Nightmare Man to save Molly.
Peter, Hiro, Matt, and Nathan teaming up to stop the virus from being unleashed.
Peter saving Claire.

RooJay
09-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Getting together to stop Sylar.
Nathan sacrificing himself to stop Peter from killing everyone.
Nikki saving Monica.
Matt searching for the Nightmare Man to save Molly.
Peter, Hiro, Matt, and Nathan teaming up to stop the virus from being unleashed.
Peter saving Claire.

Okay, so maybe I'm not properly expressing what I mean here but it has something to do with each of them just reacting to problems that are standing in their way, rather than deciding ahead of time to make a stand against something. Most of the things you mention, most of the characters involved (with the exception of Matt trying to protect Molly and those folks stopping the virus from being unleashed) almost seem like they might have not bothered had the problem not been looking them directly in the eye.

Qui-Long Gone
09-25-2008, 03:09 PM
just reacting to problems that are standing in their way, rather than deciding ahead of time to make a stand against something.

I get what you're saying, but in reality that is precisely what make a day-to-day hero....reacting with the right choice, or the selfless choice in a moment of desicion....what would these guys "decide ahead of time" to stand against except anyways, "The Company" or Sylar?

I found Nathan's decision to save Peter (and I wish Nathan had died doing so, only because he's my favorite character and that action was so contrary to his self-serving tendencies), and Peter saving Claire to be the two most compelling stories of the series to date....I also thought Hiro's inability to kill Sylar the first time was particularly moving because you want Hiro to remain in innocent wonder about his powers....his action, though necessary, was like a loss of innocence.

I think the probelm last season was that they had very little to react to, excpet Noah, who incidently is always faced with moment-by-moment choices.....his arc of redemption, through his protection of Claire, has also made his character the most interesting in the entire series....

Just some thoughts....

Rocketboy
09-25-2008, 03:21 PM
I think that these characters acting in the moment and saving someone is just as heroic than forming a team like the Justice League. Maybe moreso.

JediTricks
09-25-2008, 10:06 PM
As the first hour lumbered along, I kept waiting to see if it would get better than season two...

And then the second hour started and...when Saresh pulled his wall-walking boring power and proceeded to rip Goo Eye Girl's clothes off, well, the shark was jumped and....off the TV went and oh well...another show that had a first season filled with great promise winds up in another convoluted overwrought and boring mess.

Glad folks are enjoying it, but it left me cold.I stayed with the whole second hour, but felt the way you did, it was a bad start and I may not stick with it.

This was the lowest-rated episode of the series.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-28-2008, 04:04 PM
I just watched the premiere and i gotta say I really enjoyed it. I'm not one to complain about adding new characters and storyline as ya know, it's the first two episodes of the SEASON and I expect things to come together.

- I am curious to see what Hiro's future trip was all about; looked like things were being sucked in a giant vortex or something.
- How exactly did Future Peter put Present Peter into the villain guy?
- What's Parkman gotta do in Africa and what is up with the guy he met?

All in all, I was very pleased with these two episodes! :thumbsup:

Mad Slanted Powers
09-28-2008, 04:20 PM
I just watched the premiere and i gotta say I really enjoyed it. I'm not one to complain about adding new characters and storyline as ya know, it's the first two episodes of the SEASON and I expect things to come together.

- I am curious to see what Hiro's future trip was all about; looked like things were being sucked in a giant vortex or something.
- How exactly did Future Peter put Present Peter into the villain guy?
- What's Parkman gotta do in Africa and what is up with the guy he met?

All in all, I was very pleased with these two episodes! :thumbsup:

I'm guessing the guy in Africa has some ability as well, or at least knows a lot about them like Mr. Bennett. He seemed aware that something wasn't right with Parkman being there.

Kidhuman
09-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Future Peter used Parkmans power to trap present day Peter in that guy, like Parkman did to his dad.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Future Peter used Parkmans power to trap present day Peter in that guy, like Parkman did to his dad.

That would explain how his mind got there, but where is his body?

Kidhuman
09-28-2008, 10:44 PM
Dont know, maybe on a different shelf

sith_killer_99
09-29-2008, 12:23 AM
Well, good news for Heroes fan with a Netflix account. Now you can watch Heroes "Instantly" from Netflix. It's a great way to catch up on missed episodes, they have eps 1 and 2 up now, along with prior season for your viewing pleasure.

They also have the new seasons of CSI NY, NCIS, CSI Miami, CSI: season 8, Numb3ers season 4 and a few other goodies.

Qui-Long Gone
09-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Bad news if your computer is useless....we got the Netflix instant watch thing (so we could watch Heroes) but our system is being a pain!

Kidhuman
09-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Good episode tonight.

I didnt think Peters body was in there. I wonder if he absorbed all those powers from the bad guys.

Sylar is freaky. I knew he couldnt go with out killing them

Hiros storyline is getting on my nerves. I hope it gets better now that he is in Level 5.

Nikki/Jessica/Tracy are clones? WTF is that?

Angela Petrelli is an evil b!+ch

Claire is on a mision it seems to get revenge.

sith_killer_99
09-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Did you see that preview for next week, Sylar turns into Mr. Mom, WTF!?!?

Maybe Angela Petrelli isn't an evil witch after all, maybe she succeeds in turning Sylar into a Stepford Son.:twisted:

Nikki/Jessica/Tracy are clones? WTF is that?

So it would seem, I still like my idea better.:p

Hiros storyline is getting on my nerves. I hope it gets better now that he is in Level 5.

Same old Hiro, trying to save the world and messing everything up!:rolleyes:

Level 5, you cannot be serious!

All in all a very enjoyable episode.

Watching this show is like watching a chess game.

Jayspawn
09-30-2008, 01:16 AM
Loved tonight's episode. Sylar's improv at the bank was good, I was expecting him to steal a brain -changed HRG's perspective anyways. I'm glad that the Peter/Jesse have been separated. I still think that Angela is a witch but I love her!

electricidad
10-01-2008, 01:32 PM
This episode was good, not great. Sylar and Bennet's interaction made the episode. It's pretty obvious Bennet's only keeping Sylar next to him to eventually kill him, or at least try.

I felt the whole "escaped-villains-on-the-run-and-Peter's-with-them" motif ended a bit too quickly. It could have gone on another episode or two, and I wouldn't have minded. Although it does look like the creators are serious about not lingering too long plot-wise in one place (like Japan in the past).

Qui-Long Gone
10-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Heroes does well with most storylines involving Bennet, but I'm getting bored of Sylar.....he's so predictable....of course he'll steal brains! And what did he end up doing with the power to read everyone/everything's history?

I don't know who is more boring Peter or future Peter.

I loved the nod to vaudville with Hiro's chase/capture by the Hatian! It's best when Hiro's plots are kept loose and funny.

So will Hiro kill Sylar again now that they are neighbors?

pegger
10-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Yeah - Sylar's got to go. I'm tired of his story line, and his face. OK - he's big and bad, and eats brains. big woop. I really hope they don't make him a regular.

One story line that they SHOULD have developed was back from the end of season 1 - when Molly mentioned the boogie man that was WORSE than Sylar. Who was that? Parkman's dad? Adam? Seriously? They both sucked. I want a REALLY EVIL bad guy - some one that would scare Sylar. THAT would be cool.

I think the twist for the season is obvious already. I'm not going to voice it hear (so I don't get labelled a "spoiler") but I'm looking forward to the season playing out.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Yeah - Sylar's got to go. I'm tired of his story line, and his face. OK - he's big and bad, and eats brains. big woop. I really hope they don't make him a regular.

One story line that they SHOULD have developed was back from the end of season 1 - when Molly mentioned the boogie man that was WORSE than Sylar. Who was that? Parkman's dad? Adam? Seriously? They both sucked. I want a REALLY EVIL bad guy - some one that would scare Sylar. THAT would be cool.

I think the twist for the season is obvious already. I'm not going to voice it hear (so I don't get labelled a "spoiler") but I'm looking forward to the season playing out.I think Molly was referring to Parkman's dad. He was able to get in people's head and trap them there.

I don't get the complaints about Sylar. You say you want a really evil bad guy? How much more evil can you get than Sylar. Every time he gets a power he becomes harder to kill. He was thought to have been killed at the end of season 1, but somehow survived. If he has Claire's power, that will make it extremely difficult. Even with support now, he couldn't resist the urge to kill.

Jayspawn
10-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Sylar is an awesome bad guy. And now that he HAS Claire's power hes even worse, and he's STILL killing people and taking their brains! Dont get more evil than that.

Blue2th
10-02-2008, 02:19 PM
I like him in this latest episode. I'm just wondering what kind of twisted long lost brother Leave it to Beaver guy we're going to see next week. Should be interesting.

sith_killer_99
10-03-2008, 08:48 PM
I like him in this latest episode. I'm just wondering what kind of twisted long lost brother Leave it to Beaver guy we're going to see next week. Should be interesting.

Yes, I am SOOOOooooo looking forward to this part of the episode.

RooJay
10-04-2008, 01:57 AM
So I just got around to watching this past week's episode and I think Claire's storyline has touched a little more on what I was getting at when I said I didn't feel any of the characters have been proactive so far. I guess what I really meant was not that none of the characters have been overtly heroic, but that none of them have yet really to decide to take responsibility for their powers, in my opinion. It's that whole Spider-Man thing again - Clair mentioned in the episode that since she has the power to help people that she feels like she should take on that responsibility to do just that (granted, it appears as her mother has pointed out that what Claire really wants is revenge against Sylar.) So far it occurs to me that most of the characters would be more than content to simply go on with their normal lives as if there were nothing special about them, and never use their powers for anyone's benefit so long as these things that urge them to act never come around. As though they would never feel the need or take the responsibility to do anything heroic if the crazy stuff that exists withing the world of the show would just leave them alone. I don't feel that this is actually the case for these characters, and I do believe that the show's creators are intending to imply otherwise, but so far I don't feel that I have seen overt evidence of that.

sith_killer_99
10-04-2008, 02:42 AM
Parkman is the exception here. Sure he's not running around in spandex (God forbid) but he has been using his powers to help people. One could argue that he is simply using them for his job or to further his career, but I think he has a particular nature that drives him to want to help others.

sith_killer_99
10-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Last nights episode was really good.

Peter leans that Sylar (sorry Gabriel) is his brother, takes his power, almost kills Nathan...and that's the "good" Peter from the present!

Nathan ends up with Tracy, Parkman and Daphne...and who was twisted enough to have a kid with Gabriel...and why did Gabriel name his son after Noah?

It also looks like Angela is getting her hooks into Hiro and Ando...digging up Adam Monroe!?!? I'm starting to think Parkman's dad isn't the only one with the ability to make people do things!

Seriously, first Angela teams up Noah and Sylar (bitter hatred between these two) then she seems to be teaming up Hiro and Adam (even MORE bitter hatred between them)....what's next Angela manipulates God and Satan into joining forces to stop the end of the world!?!?

Mohinder is just OTF. I really hate the direction they have taken him in over the last two seasons. First he joins the "Company" now he joins the Mutant X-Men ala Brundle-Fly.:rolleyes:

I am really excited about the show, some stories seem to thrive, while others languish, but over all I am pleased.:D

pegger
10-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Actually - I gotta say I liked the Gabriel/Sylar story line in last night's episode.

Peter being the villian was too obvious - but I like how they FINALLY showed Sylar's power. Made me sad when the boy died - but loved Sylar's reaction.

Adam? Seriously - he's back? :rolleyes:

electricidad
10-07-2008, 01:43 PM
<<Peter leans that Sylar (sorry Gabriel) is his brother, takes his power, almost kills Nathan...and that's the "good" Peter from the present!>>

I liked the duality of character here. . .future Sylar pushes back the darker aspects of his personality to raise his son, and becomes all "huggy." Now Peter is going to deal with that duality. They've been pushing since the first season how these two characters are the flipped sides of a coin. If Sylar moves more toward the light, then it figures Peter's moving to the dark.

I've got money that says Mohinder finds a cure for his abilities by the end of the season. And it involves Hiro's formula. And Maya ends up having to choose between "curing" her powers or Mohinder's. . .and she chooses to cure Mohinder.

Rocketboy
10-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Now maybe I missed something, but I'm confused about Peter's powers.
Doesn't Peter only need to be close to someone to absorb their powers?
If so, just being close to Sylar would give Peter Sylar's powers (and he's been close to Sylar before), not fixing a watch...or was Sylar just showing Peter how to use that power?
And how was future Peter killed? He absorbed Claire's healing power just like current Peter.

Qui-Long Gone
10-07-2008, 04:01 PM
He absorbed Claire's healing power just like current Peter.

He suffered from an inoperable form of Amidala's Disease....medically he was fine, but for reasons we cannot explain he lost the will to live.....

Rocketboy
10-07-2008, 10:29 PM
He suffered from an inoperable form of Amidala's Disease....medically he was fine, but for reasons we cannot explain he lost the will to live.....

Maybe he got sick of talking out of the side of his mouth.

Kidhuman
10-07-2008, 11:05 PM
If so, just being close to Sylar would give Peter Sylar's powers (and he's been close to Sylar before), not fixing a watch...or was Sylar just showing Peter how to use that power?
And how was future Peter killed? He absorbed Claire's healing power just like current Peter.

She shot him in the back of the head.

the one part I didnt like was when the ?Haitian left the room and Peter and Nathan were there, why didnt Peter heal his scalpel wounds?

Qui-Long Gone
10-07-2008, 11:05 PM
Maybe he got sick of talking out of the side of his mouth.

I know it makes me sick....:yes:

Rocketboy
10-07-2008, 11:59 PM
She shot him in the back of the head.But Claire came back from the massive, deadly wound to the back of the head in season 1.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-08-2008, 01:03 AM
But Claire came back from the massive, deadly wound to the back of the head in season 1.
Only after the stick or whatever it was was removed.

Qui-Long Gone
10-08-2008, 09:13 AM
And that's the point....as long as the bulit is in Pet's head, he's down, but like Claire said, "he's not dead."

I've been getting really annoyed with Sylar's character, but I have to say, the twist on a future Sylar-in-redemption was very compelling, especially seeing Sylar use his powers to protect someone else rather than consume.

I will say that I hate when they take characters "out of action," Hiro and Ando in jail fussing over nothing, Parkman on this goofy "walk" and Mohinder moaning over his OBVIOUSLY stupid decision to "infect" himself. It's not that I mind pauses in action or reflection, but the writers seem to keep characters on the bench about 1 episode too long.

Rocketboy
10-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Only after the stick or whatever it was was removed.Continuing to beat the dead horse... :D

Sylar told Claire he couldn't kill her because she couldn't die, so it would go to reason that removing the object from the head would probably just speed up the healing process.

JediTricks
10-09-2008, 04:44 AM
Yeah, it was showing him how to use it. He should already have had the ability from when they first met in Suresh's apartment in season 1, just not the application.

And how was future Peter killed? He absorbed Claire's healing power just like current Peter.They must have left the bullet in his head.

So far, it seems like they're lifting way too much directly from season 1, and then adding new twists that are pretty mediocre at best. Some of what they put in Monday's ep worked, even Sylar (though I don't buy Mr. Muggles hanging with Sylar, sorry, that's too much :p) but future Peter sucks and evil modern Peter is a bad idea because the character already has too much on his plate. And the whole "Hiro doesn't stop time, only slow it" crap is way stupid, the guy can TURN BACK TIME but the car only goes forward and reverse, not stop? BULLCRAP!

Qui-Long Gone
10-09-2008, 02:39 PM
...and wouldn't Peter have Mohinder's mutant powers now? :yes:

Peter's ability to "absorb" is a real issue isn't it?

sith_killer_99
10-09-2008, 08:25 PM
I think Peter's power is sort of misunderstood. I liked the way Claude explained it in season one. Peter had no control over the powers initially, he became over whelmed, they would manifest themselves when he was close to someone. As Peter learned to control them they bacame like a deck of cards, Peter has to think about which power he wants to use, them pull it out like a specific card in the deck.

If he falls out a window he knows to turn on Claire's power in order to save himself (or Nathans, so he can fly). However, if he is shot from behind with no chance to turn on the power (or pull out that card) then he can die.

just my interpretation. As for Claire's statement about Peter "not being dead" I took that to mean the other Peter (no scar Peter).

It could be a number of things, the "how to use it" theory mentioned above, or Sylar/Gabriel has an ability to block Peter's ability somehow.

In any event, it would seem to me that Peter would only be affected with Sylar's "hunger" when he is using Sylar's power.

My real question is "why does Peter really need Sylar's power?"

RooJay
10-10-2008, 03:44 AM
Is it just me, or is Daphne considerably less cute without the Crazy Hair? This future must be stopped!

Oh, and about Suresh: they have to be going somewhere with this. I swear, even though it's been a while since I've watched The Fly, this seems almost word for word in most instances for me! There's got to be something else going on that we're not in on yet.

Plus, I really don't care anymore that Maya is a terrible, terrible character - she's just too freaking smokin' for that to matter to me right now! Also, while I still have yet to go back and watch the ending of last season, I seem to recall that Maya was almost certainly dead. Not only that, but she's seems to have gotten over the death of her...that guy that was with her...pretty quick like (what a memorable character that guy was - I not only can't remember his name off the top of my head, but I don't even remember what his relationship to Maya was!) Both of those things make me want to lead toward Mohinder's story as being some kind of dream or hallucination; although his future version would seem to imply otherwise.

Rocketboy
10-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Also, while I still have yet to go back and watch the ending of last season, I seem to recall that Maya was almost certainly dead.If she was dead it was for maybe a minute. Sylar shot her and forced Mohinder to test Claire's blood on her to be sure it worked. It brought her back to life then Elle showed up, looking to stop Sylar.

Not only that, but she's seems to have gotten over the death of her...that guy that was with her...pretty quick like (what a memorable character that guy was - I not only can't remember his name off the top of my head, but I don't even remember what his relationship to Maya was!)I really hope you were kidding. She only screamed each other's name a dozen times per episode. ALEJENDRO!!!

RooJay
10-11-2008, 02:02 AM
I really hope you were kidding. She only screamed each other's name a dozen times per episode. ALEJENDRO!!!

Must have just blocked it from my memory; I've heard it can sometimes happen after such a traumatic event as that storyline.

Phantom-like Menace
10-11-2008, 02:57 AM
I've never cared for Sylar, but he's been entertaining me for the first time ever. When he got the police to get coffee for Noah, I actually laughed, and his interactions with his son and Peter in the future brought a smile to my face.

Is it just me, or is Daphne considerably less cute without the Crazy Hair? This future must be stopped!

Not really into blondes, myself, but I do agree that the crazy hair works better for her than the normal hair, but then the normal attitude works better for her than the crazy attitude she had earlier, so it's a trade off.

Plus, I really don't care anymore that Maya is a terrible, terrible character - she's just too freaking smokin' for that to matter to me right now!

That little dress she was wearing . . . Man, an attractive, raven-haired woman in a little outfit like that. Who needs super powers?

Mad Slanted Powers
10-11-2008, 12:23 PM
I wasn't sure who future Daphne was at first. She almost looked like Kristen Bell, but not quite.

electricidad
10-14-2008, 11:37 AM
I admit it--I have a man crush on Robert Forster. I saw "Jackie Brown" three times when it came out based on his performance and his interaction with Pam Grier.

Now I see on last night's Heroes he's the Petrelli patriarch.

I've been smiling all day.

pegger
10-14-2008, 12:10 PM
Seeing Pop Petrelli was a twist I didn't forsee - I thought he was dead.

Also seeing Parkman's Dad back was interesting too.

I liked Vortex guy - too bad he didn't last.

And Ando getting gutted? WTF was that? No wonder he doesn't like future Hiro.

sith_killer_99
10-14-2008, 01:27 PM
There has to be more going on with the Ando thing. My guess is we'll see him next week, and they will reveal the magicians secret on why he's not dead. Besides, Hiro was WAY too quick to "kill" him. I smell a set up.;)

Qui-Long Gone
10-14-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm getting concerned with how some of the characters are loosing steam. Storylines are one thing, they are interesting or goofy, but when a character is derailed, it's hard to get them back on track. I don't mind shaking-up things, a good guy going rouge or a bad guy being redeemed, but if Lost proved anything, it's that some characters have a expiration date. It's not bad to toss them off if done well.

Here are three examples of characters I used to love, but now have grown tired of....or I should say it seems the writers have grown tired of them....

Example: Noah Bennet - my favorite character, even without "powers" - strikes me as a character who is finished.....why is he still driven to protect his family when the worst has happened? He was a real jerk at first, then you learn about his love for Claire and he becomes a real hero....but now....???? Pairing him with Sylar has weakened his character a lot!

Example: Mohinder.....mutated spider man? WTF?

Example: Ando. I was hoping he would "have a moment" where he comes through in a big way despite his "powerlessness," but he and Hiro's tale has become so convoluted....last season Ando had NOTHING to do. At least in the first season he was part of Hiro's journey, but then....nothing special. Why is Ando still on the show?

Phantom-like Menace
10-15-2008, 12:53 AM
There has to be more going on with the Ando thing. My guess is we'll see him next week, and they will reveal the magicians secret on why he's not dead. Besides, Hiro was WAY too quick to "kill" him. I smell a set up.;)

I'm in complete agreement. There is either a trick, or it was bad writing. I'm assuming it's the former until I know otherwise.

JediTricks
10-17-2008, 12:17 AM
Hiro is also out of gas IMO, this character's power was always a problem for writers but season 1 proved him smarter about it. Now he's just stupid, "I won't use my power this way anymore" then he does immediately, then you have him just totally out of his element and pulling cheap tricks like "killing" Ando. Honestly, Hiro is more of a drag on the story than almost any other character IMO, he's got more screentime than Parkman and less to do with it.

RooJay
10-17-2008, 03:18 AM
I think the big problem here is the lack of any kind of serious direction. I think this goes back to what I was implying earlier when I unsuccessfully tried to explain what I meant by saying I didn't think the characters were being heroic enough - there just doesn't seem to be any drive behind the story lately. None of the characters seem at all focused on really anything in particular. I really think it would be impossible to me to describe what's going on in this season in a single paragraph, which feels like a big problem to me. Sure we've got "Villains" but what are they doing? What are their intentions, and what do out "Heroes" plan to do about it. Are all of them even on the same page? Do Hiro and Ando really know about what's going on there? Sure, we saw them meet up with Daphne and one of the other new villains, but at what point did they find out that there were villains who had been released form captivity (and I'm not saying it hasn't happened on screen, just that if it did it happened in so roundabout a way that I really can't recall it.) and what does it mean to their story and development as characters. What relation does Mohinder's (rather baffling) storyline have to the formula that at least some of the characters are sort of trying to get at? My assumption is that the formula and whatever it is that's being going on with Suresh are the same thing, but why do we need the double McGuffin? Doesn't that mean that even if Hiro gets the formula back, or if whoever else gets it that is looking for it for whatever reason that may be, that whatever it is that the formula will do would still be done by whatever it is that Mohinder is doing?! None of this is really clear at all, and this show really shouldn't and needn't be making my head hurt so. On top of all that, I really think I've just barely scratched the surface of what's actually been going on with this show recently.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-17-2008, 09:30 AM
I don't think it is really any different than the other seasons. We start with everyone all apart doing separate things but in the end it all comes together.

JediTricks
10-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Good call Rooj! There is a total lack of direction this time around, they pointed the characters in a vague direction and then just let them loose to "do stuff" hoping it'll go somewhere. The lack of motivations and of goals, that is what's holding a lot of these characters back.

pegger
10-20-2008, 10:00 PM
Wow. I really enjoyed the episode tonight. Even Sylar.

Rocketboy
10-20-2008, 11:21 PM
I thought the Hiro stuff was really funny.
And I was pretty shocked about what happened Adam Monroe!

Kidhuman
10-21-2008, 12:38 AM
I cant believe Adam got killed off. That blows hardcore

I really liked tonight's episode a lot. Sylar/Peter battles are always good. I guess Peter doesnt have to worry about the hunger anymore.

Hiro made me laugh hard with "Hello Mr. African Isaac" line.

Peters dad seems a real douche and Peters is gonna kill him.

Phantom-like Menace
10-21-2008, 03:02 PM
It irks me that they brought back Adam just to do that.

Hiro didn't bother me for the first time in episodes.

Daphne and Parkman's stuff was kind of cute.

I assume Peter's depowering is temporary.

Gotta love Mom putting a few into Claire.

JediTricks
10-21-2008, 06:26 PM
This ep was a little better, but so many stupid moments within. Claire, how about just FIRE the taser instead of letting him know you're gonna? Hiro, instead of corny cheats and going back in time to make ridiculous mistakes, how about just stop time right before you get hit in the head? Parkman, why not just say the guy in Africa helped you see the future with his power?

What I originally liked about this show was that people made smart choices instead of TV-stupid ones contrived to move plots. Characters would never leave you thinking "why didn't he just do that or say this?" because they would, and the situations would roll along to the next thing.

Peter's dad is a major tool, not quite the character they had described in season 1.

Oh, and apparently, the airport is at the LA Convention Center all of a sudden. ;)

Qui-Long Gone
10-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Well, I never thought they would have a more evil villian than Sylar....Daddy P. takes the cake....and your powers too!

Thank God Parkman didn't get lost in Africa like Hiro did in feudal Japan. :thumbsup:

Finally Hiro and Ando back to the basics! :D

WTF, Adam came back for that? :(

Mohinder, why can't you just die? :mad:

Sylar on the road to redemption.....nice idea, let's see if it works. :tired:

The one power Peter needs more than anything else: sense! :rolleyes:

Puppet man was extra creepy! :thumbsup:

What's your power ice woman? I have the power to make people forget about Niki, Micah, season 1, season 2, the mimic girl, D.L., and why I'm still on this show....:rolleyes: