PDA

View Full Version : "Heroes" on NBC- getting great write-ups. Will you tune in?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Beast
10-21-2008, 07:45 PM
I don't really get how Hiro managed to pull-off the "Killing" of Ando anyway. We already seen that Daphne wasn't effected by his stopping of time when she stole the half of the formula in the 1st episode. So how did she not catch on that he stopped time, popped out, and then switched swords?

Rest of the episode is great. Love Sylar's storyarc especially. To see him actually turning into a "Hero" while certain people are becoming "Villains" was unexpected, which is why I appreciate it.

JEDIpartner
10-21-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm not loving this show anymore.

Phantom-like Menace
10-22-2008, 12:43 AM
I don't really get how Hiro managed to pull-off the "Killing" of Ando anyway. We already seen that Daphne wasn't effected by his stopping of time when she stole the half of the formula in the 1st episode. So how did she not catch on that he stopped time, popped out, and then switched swords?

I never really got the impression that he couldn't stop time completely and her as well, just that he only slowed it so he could speak with her. Why wouldn't he stop time and take it from her while she was frozen? The writers didn't want him to. Otherwise, I did think that she would have been fast enough to notice that he did something, so when she confronted him about killing Ando, I really thought she was going to tell him she knew he hadn't killed him.

All told, though, I'm just happy Daphne and Hiro aren't ****ing me off, so I can allow the occasional lack of logic.

JediTricks
10-28-2008, 06:26 AM
Wow, that may have been the single worst episode of Heroes ever. Petrelli senior is the most over-the-top character ever, a walking talking deus ex machina, and killing a known regular once is interesting, twice is just wasteful and stupid. Not one person, NONE, made a single smart or good choice. Everything was pretty much as stupid as could be, and everybody fell for every obvious trap or bad decision that made no sense. And there's not even any good action scenes to hold it together.

And as a side note, just for a little nitpick, simply because Claire can't feel pain doesn't mean electricity doesn't work the same way anymore. Being electrocuted isn't just hurty, it causes your muscles to spasm and react outside of your control.

pegger
10-28-2008, 07:22 AM
And as a side note, just for a little nitpick, simply because Claire can't feel pain doesn't mean electricity doesn't work the same way anymore. Being electrocuted isn't just hurty, it causes your muscles to spasm and react outside of your control.

Wait a sec - you mean a show about people randomly developing super powers isn't following known scientific principles?

Rocketboy
10-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Wow, that may have been the single worst episode of Heroes ever. Why do you continue to watch a show you hate?

and killing a known regular once is interesting, twice is just wasteful and stupid. He hasn't killed any series regulars, just Adam Monroe (who appeared in most of season 2 and 2-3 episodes this season) and Mr. Parkman (who only appeared in a handful of episodes). Hiro or Peter are regulars.

I am really liking this season so far, far better that season 2, which I think wasn't as bad as people say (It was far more enjoyable on DVD).
This episode had the single best moment in Heroes since the beginning of season 2 - Maya is powerless and gone!

dr_evazan22
10-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Worst episode ever!

Agreed, really boring. I started reading a book while watching.

What's up with all the new heroes with duplicate powers? Isaac and African Isaac, Matt and his dad, probably more I'm not thinking of right now.

JediTricks
10-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Why do you continue to watch a show you hate?Hope that it gets better? Credit earned by the excellent first season? Nothing good on at 9:30?

Just to clarify, BTW, I didn't say I hated it, I said it's turned crappy.

He hasn't killed any series regulars, just Adam Monroe (who appeared in most of season 2 and 2-3 episodes this season) and Mr. Parkman (who only appeared in a handful of episodes). Hiro or Peter are regulars.They were regular guests, that's what I meant by known regulars.

What's up with all the new heroes with duplicate powers? Isaac and African Isaac, Matt and his dad, probably more I'm not thinking of right now.Peter and his dad. Petrelli thug with fire and Claire's biological mother. Angela Petrelli and Isaac.

Reading this on Wiki made me sad, because it's such a great idea and yet has fallen so far from the original intent:
Heroes began development during pilot season in 2006, when Tim Kring, then creator of NBC's Crossing Jordan, came up with the show's concept. Kring wanted to create a "large ensemble saga" that would connect with the audience. He began thinking about how big, scary and complicated he felt the world is, and wanted to create a character driven series about people who could do something about it. Kring felt that a cop, medical, or Lost-type drama did not have characters that were big enough to save the world. He came up with the thought of superheroes; ordinary people who would discover extraordinary abilities, while still rooted in the real world and in reality. Milo Ventimiglia described the pilot as a "character drama about everyday people with a heightened reality." Kring wanted the series to have touchstones that involved the characters and the world they lived in.
Now Kring talks about it as if it were the family story like the Godfather (the Petrellis and the Bennetts) which IMO is the equivalent of changing horses midstream, and is a big part of what's leading to the show's general faltering.

Kidhuman
10-28-2008, 11:14 PM
YOu forgot West and Nathan(flying)

Matt and his dad, Peter and his dad are easily explained via genetics

dr_evazan22
10-29-2008, 12:08 AM
[/INDENT]Now Kring talks about it as if it were the family story like the Godfather (the Petrellis and the Bennetts) which IMO is the equivalent of changing horses midstream, and is a big part of what's leading to the show's general faltering.

When I used to read a lot of comics I always hated it when a new creative team would join, and they would 'throw away', or pick and choose, what part of the past that didn't suit them.

We need, here in America, a more creative TV entertainment industry. Write out, outline, an entire series, with a planned finale, so that we don't get carp like this.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-29-2008, 01:26 AM
We need, here in America, a more creative TV entertainment industry. Write out, outline, an entire series, with a planned finale, so that we don't get carp like this.I wish they would do that as well, but not so much to avoid the crappiness, but to know that if I start watching something, it will have an ending and not get cancelled midway through the season.

JediTricks
10-29-2008, 05:00 AM
YOu forgot West and Nathan(flying)I missed it because I was only counting season 2 and 3 characters.

Matt and his dad, Peter and his dad are easily explained via geneticsIn the original premise, this wasn't so easily strewn about, that only came about in season 2.

Producers and publishers of these sorts of thing don't appreciate longterm goals and artistic integrity, it undermines the bottom line which is what they're out to protect first and foremost.

sith_killer_99
10-30-2008, 12:11 AM
He hasn't killed any series regulars, just Adam Monroe (who appeared in most of season 2 and 2-3 episodes this season) and Mr. Parkman (who only appeared in a handful of episodes). Hiro or Peter are regulars.

I do not believe Parkman's dad is dead. Most likely they staged a show for Daphne to further convince Matt of her loyalty and twist his head around...sort of like how Matt and Daphne supposedly staged Matt's death.

In any event, I think Daphne is on the fence, she wants to be good but she is being forced to be bad. The real question is, what will she do when the chips are down?

Mostly I loved the Sylar/Peter story lines. Of course Mr. Petrelli (senior..or "dad") knows that Sylar saved Peter.

Over all, another excellent episode. The thing about Heroes, is that some story lines languish while others thrive. I've just learned to accept that.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-30-2008, 12:39 AM
Over all, another excellent episode. The thing about Heroes, is that some story lines languish while others thrive. I've just learned to accept that.I think that with so many characters, it can be difficult to fit everyone in. As far as languishing, I just don't look at it like that. I'm always of the mind that they have a plan for everything to come together. We just have to be patient and see how everything unfolds.

sith_killer_99
10-30-2008, 01:45 PM
I think that with so many characters, it can be difficult to fit everyone in. As far as languishing, I just don't look at it like that. I'm always of the mind that they have a plan for everything to come together. We just have to be patient and see how everything unfolds.

Perhaps languish was a bad term. It just takes a while to position all the players. I remember when Heroes first came out, it was slow moving, but it came together really well in the end. That's just how this show is, it has it's own unique rythem with lots of highs and lows, the tempo speeds us then slows down. IMO, it just keeps the show interesting.

I am a big fan of 24, but one of the down sides to the show is that it is constant non-stop action. Sometimes I swear I feel almost hung over at the end of watching an episode of 24?!?!

Jayspawn
11-03-2008, 12:47 AM
UPDATE! Jesse Alexander and Jeph Loeb have been fired from Heroes. Apparently NBC was unhappy with come creative decisions regarding the show and let their 2 producers go. Shame, since both men have been with the show since the beginning. I always thought that Loeb was a bit of showman but still.

Sucks to hear.

JediTricks
12-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Thrawn sent me this post from the IMDB forums (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0813715/board/flat/124500248) for the last episode of Heroes, Eclipse pt 2, and darn if it isn't all spot-on and indicative of this season's bad writing. Check it out:

Wow, this episode breaks new records in sheer stupidity. I think I have more points outlined for this one episode than I did for all of season two, combined. I actually had to separate this into 4 sections, two of which were dedicated solely to the 9th wonders material.

General Stuff:

1. I finally figured out why Daphne annoys me so much. She has this habit of having to contradict everyone, no matter what they say. When Matt tellls her that she's a good person, she insists she's a villain. When Ando calls her a villain two minutes later, she insists that she's a good guy. When Matt calls her a good person again the next time they see each other, she's now a villain again. Any time Matt says she loves her, she always contradicts him. When Matt says he doesn't trust her, suddenly she's madly in love. The character seems to be somewhat of an attention *****.

2. Matt: "What's going on? What are those?" You're a master of deduction, aren't you, detective?

3. Commented on to death, but apparently, HRG is a pervert who likes to give people a chance to undress and have sex before he shoots. Also, he uses a laser sight from 20 feet away, just to make it blatantly obvious. I mean, Sylar and Elle were face to face, it's pretty hard for neither of them to notice something like that.

4. Speaking of which, Elle and Sylar know that they're powerless, and that HRG has the advantage. They know that HRG cares a lot about his daughter, and will now be looking for some revenge. So of course, they decide to stay behind at the last place that HRG saw them, and have sex. Smart!

5. Apparently Arthur is paranoid because his only defense is a mentally challenged grunt who thinks that a taser is a lethal device, and a black dude who is now a complete weakling. Which is great. Except that no one from the company attempts to exploit this. Which is dumb. It would have added a lot more drama and action to finally force Arthur on the defensive, and instead all we have is "the corn will keep on coming."

6. HRG instructs his wife to lie to the police. Unfortunately, we don't see what lie she might have told them to convince the cops to get off their backs, so I'm guessing that the writers have no idea. Conveniently, the cops disappear, thus making the plot line worthless.

7. HRG decides to return his gun to his holster, rather than shooting Sylar in the head.

8. HRG decides to leave Sylar's dead body behind on the floor after being caught on the security cameras walking around and holding a gun. Smart.

9. Mohinder, a scientist, manages to completely overpower Flint? Really?

10. The whole Daphne/Dad scene does absolutely nothing for the overall story, especially considering that we're only two episodes away from the volume finale. It comes across as being cheap and forced, the TV trope known as "Pet the Dog" (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PetTheDog). Apparently, hugs make it so that everything is okay now.

11. I guess Peter is now master of the AK 47. A nurse and a Senator can take out trained soldiers.

12. Maya opens the door for Mohinder. Why?

13. And Claire goes back to being a ****y, ungrateful brat. After weeks and weeks of "I want to be an agent, I want to chase bad guys," apparently she's resentful of her father for being an agent, and for chasing bad guys. But HRG doesn't count, because he's actually good at his job.

14. HRG: "Wait -- you died?" You know, you would think that his wife would have mentioned that at some point.

15. After watching the destruction of one man with powers, Nathan decides that the best solution is to give everybody powers. Despite being told by his time traveling precognitive brother that this is what destroys the world. And despite the fact that his dad took away Peter's powers, tried to kill him, has hunted down his daughter, tried to kill Nathan personally, crippled Nathan's wife, and put his mom in a coma.

16. Sylar kills Elle. Why? Who knows.

9th Wonders, Part One: Come Shop Antics

1. Apparently, Hiro can now read English comic books.

2. Hiro notes the picture of him and the dinosaur, and narrates, despite his amnesia. Why is no one remarking that his memory is coming back? And how did the publisher acquire that painting, anyway?

3. Matt: "Who are these bozos?" You're a real charmer, Matt.

4. Ando: "We're trying to figure out how to get our powers back." Matt: "Oh look, in this comic book, we all get our powers back. Later!" Ando: "Good news, Hiro. You're going to get your powers back!" It's amazing how out of the four geeks there, not one of them bothered to read the comic book that predicted the future beyond the first few pages, after confirming the comic book was real. A comic book that confirmed the existence of superheroes and precognition, and which all of them were in. Especially since that particular comic book was the very reason why Hiro and Ando entered the store in the first place. But apparently, the two comic book geeks who run the store didn't see the point of reading the precognitive comic book. While trying to figure out how to get Hiro's powers to return to him. They had to wait for Matt to arrive. I guess Matt was the only one to realize that a comic book that predicts the future might have the answer to the question that they were all looking for.

5. Why is Matt not impressed by the fact that this is a comic book, written by someone who was long thought dead, that continues to predict the future even now? When Ando shows him the book in part one, he acts as though it's the most natural thing in the world. There should be at least some recognition from the fact that the style is similar to Usutu's.

6. Matt's intervention is the most pointless scene ever. It adds nothing to the overall story, and especially not with his story with Daphne.

7. "You give everyone hope!" Except for the fact that for the past two seasons, Hiro has been a completely idiot, so what's there to be hopeful about? "Hey, maybe someday, I can try opening the vault against my fathers expressed instructions, thus place the entire world in jeopardy!"

8. "You show that anyone can be a hero, not just billionaires and aliens!" Except that Hiro has inherited $250,000,000 from his father, and has the power to bend time and space.

9. "And you're wearing the same clothes you have on now!" Thanks for spelling that out for us.

9th Wonders, Part Two: Continuity

1. Brecklyn brings up a comic book that depicts the events of "Company Man" and says that it's the first issue. He and Seth identify Claire Bennett by name, implying that her name is mentioned in the book. Which means that one year before the pilot takes place, Isaac was already writing about the Company and the Bennetts, by name. Yet he acts completely clueless when the Noah holds him captive at the company, and he claims to have no idea who the Cheerleader is.

2. You remember "Back to the Future", where Marty has photographs from the future that magically alter whenever Marty changes the past? Well, I guess that for Isaac, it works in reverse. He's painted pictures of the future, which magically alter whenever the future gets changed. He's predicted the future where the nuke hits, including the alternate future of "5 years gone by" where Mohinder stabs the Haitian. He's predicted the future where the nuke doesn't hit, but a virus does, even though the changes that made that virus possible happened after his death. And he's predicted a future where the virus doesn't hit, which then got altered when future Peter decided to change history by shooting Nathan, which then got altered again when future Peter instructed present Peter to visit Sylar and acquire "the Hunger." Somehow, despite all these changes, Isaac is still word-for-word accurate.

3. "Everything Isaac has painted has come true, except for this set of 8." I guess that HRG completely forgot to check Isaac's popular and publicly known comic book. A comic book that predicted the events of "Company Man" from the very first issue. HRG didn't find anything suspicious about that? Really?

4. Speaking of the "Set of Eight", how is it that the comics contain at least two of those paintings? Including one that HRG literally had to kill someone else in order to acquire, four months after Isaac was already dead, and less than a month prior to the present (Meaning not enough time for the book to be released.). What, did HRG turn in all paintings to a comic book that he never read?

5. It also contains paintings which Isaac did while being held captive at Primatech.

6. How is it that Isaac goes from "The comic book publisher is complaining that you're late, again" in season 1 to having planned out 5-6 more issues post-death? Remember, when Hiro meets Isaac, he states that the "Yatta" issue hadn't even gone to the publisher yet.

7. The "Yatta" issue of 9th Wonders is only long enough to depict the events where Hiro visits NY, returns to Japan, takes a plane, and then rents a car to Las Vegas. Basically, it covers small fragments of one person's storyline over the course of two episodes. Yet somehow, in the next 5-6 issues, he somehow narrates the tale of the next 2.5 seasons, and catches up with Hiro's midaventures in real time. This, despite the fact that 30 days pass between each issue, where as only a few days at most pass between each episode.

8. Future Hiro someone manages to acquire the bike messenger sketches from Isaac, but neglects to acquire the future issues of Isaac's book based on a future where the nuke doesn't happen. Oh yeah, and which depict the events of Kirby Plaza.

9. Apparently, Isaac had dedicated far more issues to Hiro then we could have ever known in season one. Yet he doesn't hint this at all when he finally meets with Hiro in person.

10. Isaac also fails to warn the rest of the heroes, "Hey guys, I have 5-6 more issues down the line. You should check them out. Kind of important." Jackass.

11. Isaac dies, believing that Sylar will be defeated. Apparently, he predicts the fact that Hiro and Ando will enter a comic book shop word-for-word, but he neglects the fact that Sylar isn't dead.

12. The "Hiro reverts to a boy" issue would have been released one month prior to the present. Did no one else read this? If they had, then Angela should have known that Arthur would return (since Arthur is the one who mindwipes Hiro.). Arthur would have seen the end of the comic with the eclipse and said, "Damn, I should probably chase down this next issue."

13. Apparently, Arthur can keep tabs on a precog located in the middle of Africa who shouldn't be on any known genome database accessible to him. But he's completely clueless about the popular comic book, produced by the son of one of the founders, who lives in a building owned by the company, and who's biggest client was Linderman.

14. The bike messenger missing comic thing is pretty stupid considering the fact that we saw future with the sketches. Oh yeah, and one of those sketches appears in the comic book gallery.

Eclipse BS

1. "Either you're lying, or this girl has never been sick before!" It's good to see them establish that Claire has had her powers since birth. In an episode where they try to claim that the eclipse is what gave everyone their powers.

2. Apparently, Mohinder has to read up on solar eclipses from a high school type text book, despite having numerous computers running data nearby.

3. "The reasons are two numerous to consider! Gravity? Electron density?" Complete copout. How in the world would the extremely negligible amount of gravity from an eclipse (about the same as a high tide which happens every 12 hours) cause powers to shut down completely and immediately?

4. Moreover, what exactly does Arthur expect Mohinder to do? Move the moon with his bare hands?

5. So eclipses in the Heroes verse are visible all over the world, every six or so months, and last for hours at a time. And yet, this seems to be the first time that Arthur realizes that solar eclipses sap away powers? You'll also note how Mohinder, the scientist, never asks the very basic question of "Well, what might make this eclipse different?" His assumption is that all eclipses are exactly the same, and the reason it takes powers is due to something that all eclipses have.

6. If eclipses can force Daphne into leg braces, then why doesn't the Haitian do the same thing? Why is Daphne waiting around patiently with the Haitian, rather than thinking, "Damn, I better get out of here before my condition returns!"

7. If eclipses sap powers, and the absence of powers turns Adam into dust, then why has Adam not crumbled to dust before?

8. Note how as soon as the eclipse ends, no one is concerned about why the eclipse saps powers anymore. Thus insuring that the writers will never have to answer that question in the future.

9. All in all, the eclipse was not only stupid as heck, but it also accomplished nothing that couldn't have been accomplished otherwise. For instance, they could have just had Hiro teleport into Vortex dude's house, and ignored the "fake out deaths" entirely.
by traptc, Fri Dec 5 2008 11:44:20

Ouch! But admit it, it's all true. Maybe tonight's episode will undo that. Or maybe it'll doom the series further. I think I'm going to be done with this show at the end of this "volume" if they can't pull tonight's and next week's ep out of the fire.

Rocketboy
12-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Don't like it, don't watch it.
Simple as that.

I'm still really enjoying the show.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-09-2008, 01:41 AM
I guess having short term memory enhances my enjoyment of the show then. There's so much going on that I don't know if some offhand comment contradicts something that occurred several episodes ago.

Phantom-like Menace
12-11-2008, 01:57 AM
I can't make myself care that much about continuity issues and plot holes.

What's bugging me right now is that everything the good guys do, no matter how simple, no matter how complicated, no matter how many episodes or how few are dedicated to it, Arthur Petrelli shows up and makes it pointless.

Also, I'm annoyed enough that Peter has lost his powers, but depowering Hiro? You are killing me. Hurry up and hit the reset button on this crap.

Finally, the characters should be more often limited to one power or at least more limited in how they can acquire them. We had Peter initially. Even though he was wildly powerful, that was fine. There was only one of him, and his power was pretty damned cool. There was Sylar, who could also acquire extra powers, but at least as I understand it, it was less that he had the power to take powers and more that he had the intuitive understanding to figure out how others worked and how to make himself work the same way. But then suddenly he can Care Bear Stare and take Elle's power without butchering her (except for ****s and giggles on the beach later). And finally we have Arthur who can permanently take powers.

Add to all of this, anyone can add the ability to spirit walk with Usutu's dung paste. I thought that was odd. Here we have a universe where everyone has powers, and instead of introducing a character who can--I don't know--project others into a spirit walk or manipulate dreams like Sanjog, they introduce another means, this one medicinal/mystical, by which one can acheive a power.

Too much power. Either stick with one power, or give them some serious limitation like having to be a butcher like Sylar.

figrin bran
12-11-2008, 02:35 AM
Thrawn sent me this post from the IMDB forums (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0813715/board/flat/124500248) for the last episode of Heroes, Eclipse pt 2, and darn if it isn't all spot-on and indicative of this season's bad writing. Check it out:
Wow, this episode breaks new records in sheer stupidity. I think I have more points outlined for this one episode than I did for all of season two, [I]combined. I actually had to separate this into 4 sections, two of which were dedicated solely to the 9th wonders material.

General Stuff:

1. I finally figured out why Daphne annoys me so much. She has this habit of having to contradict everyone, no matter what they say. When Matt tellls her that she's a good person, she insists she's a villain. When Ando calls her a villain two minutes later, she insists that she's a good guy. When Matt calls her a good person again the next time they see each other, she's now a villain again. Any time Matt says she loves her, she always contradicts him. When Matt says he doesn't trust her, suddenly she's madly in love. The character seems to be somewhat of an attention *****.

I think that if they developed their characters on this show to as great a degree as they do on "Lost", Daphne could be one of the more compelling characters. That poster's thoughts just underscores the fact that in the same way that she physically darts from point A to point B, she does that when interacting with other people. Seeing Daphne at her father's farm was far from being pointless as the crippled farmgirl we saw is a far cry from the streetwise pickpocket that talks a tough game. In a way, we can look at that persona as her way of running as far as she can from her disability.

Now onto Hiro's reunion with his mother. That was definitely not as great a payoff as the writers perhaps envisioned. I don't recall many instances over the past 2 seasons where Hiro had ruminations on how much he missed his mother. Yet, they bring this out of leftfield and it just doesn't have the sort of effect that it should.

I'm also not sure how Nathan goes from his freedom fighter speech to Peter to siding with Papa Petrelli.

Just to build off of what sithkiller was saying, I feel as if the show is too fast paced now and they just want events to unfold regardless of how inconceivable/illogical they may seem. Death no longer really means all that much when you have a few characters that are able to undo it whether by time travelling or whatever else. There are moments where the show is very enjoyable but it does seem a far cry from the first season. However, there are great payoff moments like Claire witnessing the day that she was handed over to the Bennets.

sith_killer_99
12-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Add to all of this, anyone can add the ability to spirit walk with Usutu's dung paste. I thought that was odd. Here we have a universe where everyone has powers, and instead of introducing a character who can--I don't know--project others into a spirit walk or manipulate dreams like Sanjog, they introduce another means, this one medicinal/mystical, by which one can acheive a power.

I sorta got the impression Usutu's power was to create the paste that allows people to spirit walk. In a way it makes sense, his power can affect others, seems logical, Hiro can bring others with him through space and time, etc.

Finally, the characters should be more often limited to one power or at least more limited in how they can acquire them. We had Peter initially. Even though he was wildly powerful, that was fine. There was only one of him, and his power was pretty damned cool. There was Sylar, who could also acquire extra powers, but at least as I understand it, it was less that he had the power to take powers and more that he had the intuitive understanding to figure out how others worked and how to make himself work the same way. But then suddenly he can Care Bear Stare and take Elle's power without butchering her (except for ****s and giggles on the beach later). And finally we have Arthur who can permanently take powers.

I agree, my wife also mentioned it the other day...people seem to have duplicate powers, which I'm sure would be normal, like Nathan and flying boy. But they are overdoing it all a bit, especially with the "I can steal/duplicate your abilities" thing.

When the show started there was some original stuff, Niki and here MPD powers, Linderman, etc.

I like the major story arc, with the formula, then offing papa Petrelli, but leaving one batch! This will allow Hiro and Peter to get their powers back. It also leave open a lot of possibilities!

BTW, did anyone else notice that the "Soldier" Nathan interviewed was a main character from the 4400 (Kyle Baldwin)! Not only that, he was a character without a power who took the syrum (promicin) and developed powers!

Mad Slanted Powers
12-11-2008, 07:19 PM
BTW, did anyone else notice that the "Soldier" Nathan interviewed was a main character from the 4400 (Kyle Baldwin)! Not only that, he was a character without a power who took the syrum (promicin) and developed powers!Now that you mention it, I do recognize him from The 4440. I guess he did look a little familiar. The military haircut probably is why I didn't recognize him.

Phantom-like Menace
12-12-2008, 12:38 AM
I sorta got the impression Usutu's power was to create the paste that allows people to spirit walk. In a way it makes sense, his power can affect others, seems logical, Hiro can bring others with him through space and time, etc.

His power is the same as Isaac's. He has precognition through painting.

JediTricks
12-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Don't like it, don't watch it.
Simple as that.How generous of you to make my life choices for me. Gonna pay my bills too? Drive me to the store? Chew my food for me?

Now onto Hiro's reunion with his mother. That was definitely not as great a payoff as the writers perhaps envisioned. I don't recall many instances over the past 2 seasons where Hiro had ruminations on how much he missed his mother. Yet, they bring this out of leftfield and it just doesn't have the sort of effect that it should. It's funny, this latest episode there were hints at former greatness, Hiro and Claire's opening scenes really felt like authentic Heroes material, then it started to get convoluted and silly as they split up. Hiro's reaction to his mother didn't feel all that out there to me, but the lack of time they spent on it, that felt really sloppy and compressed.

I'm also not sure how Nathan goes from his freedom fighter speech to Peter to siding with Papa Petrelli. CPD.

Just to build off of what sithkiller was saying, I feel as if the show is too fast paced now and they just want events to unfold regardless of how inconceivable/illogical they may seem. Death no longer really means all that much when you have a few characters that are able to undo it whether by time travelling or whatever else. There are moments where the show is very enjoyable but it does seem a far cry from the first season. However, there are great payoff moments like Claire witnessing the day that she was handed over to the Bennets.Yeah, they have little clue as to how they're telling a larger story, so they compress everything into shorthand and CPDs to get characters into position to fit the situation. Season 1 it felt like they wrote the overall structure and then wrote each character's reaction smart so it fit who they were to get them there, but season 2 and now 3 it's like they just contrive and compress much of the characters to get them into the next thing.

I sorta got the impression Usutu's power was to create the paste that allows people to spirit walk. In a way it makes sense, his power can affect others, seems logical, Hiro can bring others with him through space and time, etc.That doesn't really fit what was said in the episode though, it seems more like a retcon (and one that the writers SHOULD have delivered upon properly in the first place).

Rocketboy
12-12-2008, 10:37 PM
How generous of you to make my life choices for me. Gonna pay my bills too? Drive me to the store? Chew my food for me?You're welcome; No; No; N...maybe.

"Don't like it, don't watch it" is just common sense.
I really don't understand why in the hell people continue to watch something for another year and a half to two years when they so clearly think it sucks. Is it some kind of mental sadomasochism? Do these people actually like the show and they're afraid to admit it? If its the "hope that the show will improve" to Season 1 type levels, then that is really sad they've stuck around this long. Or do they just have nothing better to do than p*ss and moan on the internet rather than find something new to watch/do?

Its almost as pathetic as people who still slam the Prequels like they came out last week, yet continue to buy anything PT related.

sith_killer_99
12-12-2008, 11:23 PM
I really don't understand why in the hell people continue to watch something for another year and a half to two years when they so clearly think it sucks. Is it some kind of mental sadomasochism? Do these people actually like the show and they're afraid to admit it? If its the "hope that the show will improve" to Season 1 type levels, then that is really sad they've stuck around this long. Or do they just have nothing better to do than p*ss and moan on the internet rather than find something new to watch/do?

Shhh...dude shut up. The more people who watch it the less chance it will get canceled!!! LOL;)

JediTricks
12-13-2008, 12:49 AM
You're welcome; No; No; N...maybe.

"Don't like it, don't watch it" is just common sense.

Its almost as pathetic as people who still slam the Prequels like they came out last week, yet continue to buy anything PT related.Boy, it's so nice that life is simple black and white like that, that something like Heroes or the Prequels would have no redeeming features at all, that there wasn't potential to fix mistakes of previous entries or build from previous successes, that there wasn't an investment in certain characters.

Geez, so sick of that kind of pat answer, the kind that comes up on the internet all the time. No thought to the nuance of the issue, of the gray areas, it's just a kneejerk defense from the fanatical. This is a discussion forum, it's open to opinions, otherwise it'd just be an ego-stroke comment section.

And as for the prequels, the toys are representations of the physical aspects, not the crummy writing or directing (except for Jar Jar figures :p).

Shhh...dude shut up. The more people who watch it the less chance it will get canceled!!! LOL;)AHAHAHAHA! No kidding, that's so true, Heroes is on the edge of cancellation and really does need every last viewer to hang on. You can tell this problem is there because it's on NBC. :p

sith_killer_99
12-13-2008, 12:59 AM
AHAHAHAHA! No kidding, that's so true, Heroes is on the edge of cancellation and really does need every last viewer to hang on. You can tell this problem is there because it's on NBC.

LOL

It's funny, someone asked me today, what channel "Heroes" was on and I honestly couldn't remember. NBC? Yeah that's it NBC....really NBC?!?!

Hahaha....:D

JediTricks
12-13-2008, 01:25 AM
NBC - Near or Being Canceled. Heroes is actually on hiatus after next week, but expected to return in February... maybe. Chuck is teetering on the edge and also on hiatus. My Own Worst Enemy is on hiatus and not expected to return. Knight Rider is gone then almost gone then gone again. Kath & Kim is on the edge (and deserves it). Primetime Deal or No Deal has been dumped and will only return a few times a season. Life is on hiatus. Lipstick Jungle is on the edge of cancellation and off the schedule. Crusoe is gone. ER is ending. And next season, NBC is throwing out 5 hours of weekly primetime programming (10 o'clock is going to Leno because it's way cheaper and they've got no programming department left after Silverman's disastrous run), and they're throwing out Saturdays and possibly Fridays and Sundays as well. At this rate, in 2 years NBC will be the next UPN or Dumont network.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-13-2008, 02:50 AM
A lot of the shows I've been watching this year have been on NBC

NBC (5) - Chuck, Heroes, My Own Worst Enemy, Knight Rider, Crusoe
FOX (5) - Terminator, Prison Break, House, Fringe, Bones
CW (2) - Smallville, Supernatural
CBS (2) - Ghost Whisperer, Numb3rs
ABC (1) - Pushing Daisies

Add one more for Fox when 24 returns, and one for ABC when Lost returns. Though, it looks like I can probably knock a couple of NBC shows off with My Own Worst Enemy and Crusoe. I thought I heard this week that the latter was moving to Saturdays. Looks like I missed it last week, but I can watch it on line. Looks like it is back next Saturday. I had a feeling this show wouldn't last though.

Rocketboy
12-13-2008, 09:12 AM
Boy, it's so nice that life is simple black and white like that, that something like Heroes or the Prequels would have no redeeming features at all, that there wasn't potential to fix mistakes of previous entries or build from previous successes, that there wasn't an investment in certain characters.I never said that Heroes and the Prequels were without their faults. I happen to enjoy both, faults and all. I just don't constantly b*tch about them.

Geez, so sick of that kind of pat answer, the kind that comes up on the internet all the time. No thought to the nuance of the issue, of the gray areas, it's just a kneejerk defense from the fanatical.There doesn't have to be any major thought to it. Why? Because it as simple as "Don't like it, don't watch it." Like I said: Common sense.

This is a discussion forum, it's open to opinions, otherwise it'd just be an ego-stroke comment section.I'm all for discussion, not the typical "Well, this was another crap episode and here are 175 reasons why: 1. blah blah blah 2. Blah blah blah. Boy the writing suck so bad I wanna go go slit my wrists. They need to cancel this already."

Heroes is actually on hiatus after next week, but expected to return in February... maybe. Heroes is returning and it goes on hiatus for a little while every year because the production schedule demands it. Also, why announce that Brian Fuller is returning for the second half of the season if there's any chance it won't return?

Chuck is teetering on the edge and also on hiatus. Nothing new. Like other hour long shows it needs the hiatus to catch up.

My Own Worst Enemy is on hiatus and not expected to return. Lipstick Jungle is on the edge of cancellation and off the schedule. Both have been officially cancelled for a few weeks now. NBC is just airing the remaining completed episodes.

ER is ending....after a mere 15 years.

Phantom-like Menace
12-13-2008, 12:39 PM
At the risk of getting into an argument:

Boy, it's so nice that life is simple black and white like that, that something like Heroes or the Prequels would have no redeeming features at all, that there wasn't potential to fix mistakes of previous entries or build from previous successes, that there wasn't an investment in certain characters.

I understand that, but if all we talk about is the bad things (I.e. this sucks, that sucks, all of this sucks, can't stand, don't like, worst [fill in the blank] ever, super massive suxxor smelly poo, etc.), how can we ever make the case that we like anything about it when we can't seem to bring ourselves to mention these things with any level of joy remotely approaching the heights and sheer volume of vehemence we level at what we don't like?

JediTricks
12-13-2008, 05:01 PM
A lot of the shows I've been watching this year have been on NBC

NBC (5) - Chuck, Heroes, My Own Worst Enemy, Knight Rider, Crusoe
FOX (5) - Terminator, Prison Break, House, Fringe, Bones
CW (2) - Smallville, Supernatural
CBS (2) - Ghost Whisperer, Numb3rs
ABC (1) - Pushing Daisies

Add one more for Fox when 24 returns, and one for ABC when Lost returns. Though, it looks like I can probably knock a couple of NBC shows off with My Own Worst Enemy and Crusoe. I thought I heard this week that the latter was moving to Saturdays. Looks like I missed it last week, but I can watch it on line. Looks like it is back next Saturday. I had a feeling this show wouldn't last though.Can't add one more to your list of shows you're watching this year, as 24 doesn't return until next year. :p

It's funny, except for Fringe, all the new-season shows you are watching are on NBC, and all of them are either on hiatus in danger of being canceled, or already canceled. Great job NBC.

NBC won't have saturdays next season, they're dumping programming for that day entirely.

I never said that Heroes and the Prequels were without their faults. I happen to enjoy both, faults and all. I just don't constantly b*tch about them.No, you just save it for complaining about the complainers. :p That's an internet cliche. "Don't talk about the problems on the show, only talk about the other people talking about them!"

There doesn't have to be any major thought to it. Why? Because it as simple as "Don't like it, don't watch it." Like I said: Common sense.That's not common sense, that's common ignorance. Did I say there was nothing about it I liked or wanted to like? No. You wrote that in yourself when you pigeonholed me and my opinions.

I'm all for discussion, not the typical "Well, this was another crap episode and here are 175 reasons why: 1. blah blah blah 2. Blah blah blah. Boy the writing suck so bad I wanna go go slit my wrists. They need to cancel this already."So the fact that I said I liked some of the last episode just invisible text to you? Oh, right, it doesn't fit your script for me, so it didn't happen. And don't forget that when you can't argue with my points, you can simply call them typical complaining and pretend they have no merit.

Heroes is returning and it goes on hiatus for a little while every year because the production schedule demands it. Also, why announce that Brian Fuller is returning for the second half of the season if there's any chance it won't return?It may not return in February, it may be delayed (there's an actor strike looming), hence "maybe".

Nothing new. Like other hour long shows it needs the hiatus to catch up.The network hasn't slotted it in, has said the ratings are way down, and has admitted it may not get renewed or even return.

...after a mere 15 years.Wow, great point, that really shows how it'll be on next year.

At the risk of getting into an argument:

I understand that, but if all we talk about is the bad things (I.e. this sucks, that sucks, all of this sucks, can't stand, don't like, worst [fill in the blank] ever, super massive suxxor smelly poo, etc.), how can we ever make the case that we like anything about it when we can't seem to bring ourselves to mention these things with any level of joy remotely approaching the heights and sheer volume of vehemence we level at what we don't like?If we're tuning in and then talking about it, there must be something of merit, that should show it right there (even if the merit is former glory). And I don't exactly see a bunch of folks here going on about how brilliant Eclipse 1 and 2 were either. In fact, until I reposted that brilliant run-down of Eclipse's failures, nobody had been talking about this show for a MONTH! Neither of you (PLM or RB) had much to say, maybe you both loved the episodes but you weren't discussing your sunshine and lollipops feelings towards 'em. Nobody was in danger of saying anything nice or not nice about Heroes till I stepped back in.

And I did mention things about the show and even the last episode which I liked, but this show has less and less of them as it goes on. Even Bryan Fuller, who has written and is writing more for this show, feels something has gone wrong: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39417

BRYAN FULLER: It became too dense and fell into certain sci-fi trappings. For instance, in the “Villains” arc, when you talk about formulas and catalysts, it takes the face off the drama. And I think the goal for everybody is to put a face back on the drama. You have to save something with a face; otherwise you don’t understand what you’re caring about. I thought the "Villains" arc started out very interestingly, and then became sort of muddy and dense and I couldn't get my hooks into the characters to understand their motivations. I also started to feel confused about what people's abilities were. One of the great things about the first season is that the metaphor for their abilities was very clear. Those metaphors seem to have gotten complicated in the past two seasons. I share that concern with everybody on the writing staff. It's not like I'm coming in and saying, "This is what you need to do to fix it!" Everybody knows what needs to be fixed and everybody is sort of rowing in that direction.But keep blaming the audience for noticing the problem, right haters of haters? ;) After all, we wrote the crappy episodes, right? We're just the loyal fanbase sticking by the series, hoping it returns to former quality, as it hemorrhages ratings from bad episode after bad episode.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-13-2008, 06:07 PM
NBC won't have saturdays next season, they're dumping programming for that day entirely.Actually, none of the networks have really had Saturdays recently. I noticed a couple years ago when looking in EW's fall preview that they had a section for each day except for Saturday. Other than Fox with Cops and America's Most Wanted, Saturday is mostly just reruns and movies.

Lord Malakite
12-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Other than Fox with Cops and America's Most Wanted, Saturday is mostly just reruns and movies.

And you can't forget new episodes of Saturday morning cartoons/kid's shows...alright, most of those probably aren't worth bothering with. There are a few cartoon/kid's shows that I think are worth seeing today, but nowhere near as many as there once were during the 80's and early 90's.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-13-2008, 11:58 PM
And you can't forget new episodes of Saturday morning cartoons/kid's shows...alright, most of those probably aren't worth bothering with. There are a few cartoon/kid's shows that I think are worth seeing today, but nowhere near as many as there once were during the 80's and early 90's.

I was just thinking about prime time, but I recall years ago when I think it was NBC cut out most of the Saturday morning cartoons and replaced it with news. I don't watch TV at that time anymore, so I have no clue if the networks have cartoons anymore, or if that is mostly the realm of cable networks.

Lord Malakite
12-14-2008, 04:26 AM
I don't watch TV at that time anymore, so I have no clue if the networks have cartoons anymore, or if that is mostly the realm of cable networks.
It hasn't quite got to the realm of "cable networks" only yet, but its getting there. NBC, like you stated already, cut most of their time in favor of more news. What little is time is left is currently being rented out to Qubo, whose toons/kids shows were designed entirely the "under-3" crowd. They are your typical "PBS-like" educational shows, but unlike PBS some of these shows are also highly "religious" in nature.

CBS' kids block is currently Kewlopolis (run by Cookie Jar Entertainment). Prior to its current name the block was called "KOL Secret Slumber Party", so I don't think I have to go any further for you to know what audience their shows are catered to.

ABC's ABC Kids block is mainly a dumping ground for old Disney Channel shows (Hannah Montana, Suite Life, Raven, etc.). If I didn't rely on them for keeping up with the current season of Power Rangers (be it on about a 5 week delay from their original ToonDisney airings) I wouldn't have any use for that channel's kids block either.

The only "regular channel" kids block that has anything appealing close to the toons of 80s/90s past is for 4Kids (which actually currently has two kids blocks on two competing channels). "TheCW4Kids", took over on CW after "Kids WB" went off the air. "4KidsTV", which was initially was called "FoxBox", took over on Fox after "Fox Kids" ended. Come January 1st though "4KidsTV" is gone. Fox's current plan once that happens is to get out of the kids market and sell the vacant time to infomercials (aside from the mandatory 2 or 3 hours for E/I requirements which they plan to satisfy by some hunting or other wildlife "Jack Hanna" type shows).

JediTricks
12-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Actually, none of the networks have really had Saturdays recently. I noticed a couple years ago when looking in EW's fall preview that they had a section for each day except for Saturday. Other than Fox with Cops and America's Most Wanted, Saturday is mostly just reruns and movies.Movies and reruns, that's still network programming. NBC might not be offering that to its network affiliates anymore, possibly Fridays as well. The 3 big networks - NBC, CBS, ABC - offer 22 hours of programming a week (8-11pm Monday through Saturday, Sunday it's 7-11pm), while Fox, the CW, and myNetworkTV (AHAHAHAHA!) offer less to their network affiliates. NBC is considering going the latter route and offering less than 22 hours a week of programming, and 5 of those remaining hours will be Leno at 10pm (NBC could be looking at offering just 10 hours of non-Leno network programming per week).

Phantom-like Menace
12-15-2008, 01:01 AM
In fact, until I reposted that brilliant run-down of Eclipse's failures, nobody had been talking about this show for a MONTH! Neither of you (PLM or RB) had much to say, maybe you both loved the episodes but you weren't discussing your sunshine and lollipops feelings towards 'em. Nobody was in danger of saying anything nice or not nice about Heroes till I stepped back in.

There wasn't a great deal of reason to check the Heroes thread here, because I knew what it was going to say. Instead, I discussed it on my personal message board with my friends where I made two entries for Heroes between Nov 2 and Dec 8 (the month in question). Full disclosure: I wasn't overly pleased and made some of the same points the IMDB article made. However I had plenty of good things to say as well.

Jayspawn
12-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Alright, so now "Villains" is over and "Fugutives" has begun!

The finale of Villains was good, think that Sylar made his points but failed to convince Claire, HRG or Angela. It was a great episode though. I love the Primatech scenes -especially the shopwdown between Eric Doyle and Sylar. Dotle really though he had them. Although I love Mohinder -I think he really wimped out. Dont think him and Peter are gonna be friends for a while.

Liked Michael Dorn's small part -wonder if we'll see more of him next season.

JediTricks
12-18-2008, 07:56 PM
This was a really odd way to end the chapter. Deus Ex Machina appears to be the power that Ando got, and the thinking they had in getting him there was worse. Of course, this is the same group that somehow can all be whisked away by Daphne's running power, so expectations are low. The bogus Sylar kicks everybody's *** and kills all these people comes out of nowhere, like a bad horror flick, all to prove nothing. It's like there was no characters in this one, just contrivances to end the chapter and move the story along. The series has lost over 2 million viewers since the beginning of the season, and now it's lost 1 more, I think this is the end of the road for me and this series. Then again, maybe that this is Jeph Loeb's last episode means the series will get better, but I had more faith in Loeb's writing so it may get worse.

Ando's got big arms though, who knew!

Rocketboy
02-04-2009, 12:29 AM
Loved the start of "Fugitives."
Pretty dark stuff there with the captures (with hoods and stuff) and a few cool surprises, like Mohinder still having powers and Noah working with Nathan.

Kidhuman
02-04-2009, 05:58 AM
I thiknk Noah is doing it to portect Claire

Qui-Long Gone
02-04-2009, 11:18 PM
This was a really odd way to end the chapter. Deus Ex Machina appears to be the power that Ando got, and the thinking they had in getting him there was worse. Of course, this is the same group that somehow can all be whisked away by Daphne's running power, so expectations are low. The bogus Sylar kicks everybody's *** and kills all these people comes out of nowhere, like a bad horror flick, all to prove nothing. It's like there was no characters in this one, just contrivances to end the chapter and move the story along. The series has lost over 2 million viewers since the beginning of the season, and now it's lost 1 more, I think this is the end of the road for me and this series. Then again, maybe that this is Jeph Loeb's last episode means the series will get better, but I had more faith in Loeb's writing so it may get worse.

Ando's got big arms though, who knew!

That's why I was one of the 2 million lost viewers.....I hate it when shows take themselves too seriously (not in a dramatic way, in a "we don't need to make sense" way).

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-09-2009, 12:41 AM
Loved the start of "Fugitives."
Pretty dark stuff there with the captures (with hoods and stuff) and a few cool surprises, like Mohinder still having powers and Noah working with Nathan.

Definitely agree RB. It was really exciting stuff and very dark, reminded me of season 1, which is a VERY good sign of things to come (hopefully).

and somebody remind me: wasn't Sylar pretty much taken care of at the end of the fall finale? He had a piece of glass lodged in his head in that sweet spot and was pretty unconscious when Pinehurst when up in flames. Unless it got so hot the glass melted and he was able to heal.....which is my guess at the moment.

Kidhuman
02-09-2009, 05:54 AM
I hope they dont kill off all the new people with powers on that plane. NEed some new blood in this story

Rocketboy
02-09-2009, 11:43 AM
and somebody remind me: wasn't Sylar pretty much taken care of at the end of the fall finale? He had a piece of glass lodged in his head in that sweet spot and was pretty unconscious when Pinehurst when up in flames. Unless it got so hot the glass melted and he was able to heal.....which is my guess at the moment.Hopefully thats something they'll address. All I could remember (because it had been too long between episodes) was that Sylar was in the building when it when up in flames.

I hope they dont kill off all the new people with powers on that plane. NEed some new blood in this story Wasn't too many new characters one of the complaints the last season and a half?
I'm all for it if they're good like Daphne or Adam, and not reallyl horrible characters like West, Monica, Alejandro or Maya.

Jayspawn
02-09-2009, 01:11 PM
If you havnt heard, John Glover from Smallville has been cast in Heroes, as Sylar's father. He was also cast in abc's Brother's & Sisters

I think they'll go back and explain for Sylar escaped the fire (as everyone thinks he's dead -excpet Claire)

West was awesome! It would be neat if West, Micah or Monica show up as detainees later in the season.

Rocketboy
02-09-2009, 04:28 PM
It would be neat if West, Micah or Monica show up as detainees later in the season.Yeah, right before their execution.
:D

Mad Slanted Powers
02-09-2009, 07:22 PM
I don't recall if they ever explained how Sylar survived the first time he was supposedly killed, so I'm not too concerned about that.

Jayspawn
02-10-2009, 01:54 AM
Sylar survived the sword through his chest (end of season 1) in Kirby Plaza because Candace drug his body off the ground and patched him up. Unfortunate for Sylar -he had to heal naturally.

Kidhuman
02-10-2009, 05:42 AM
Last nights was pretty good. I cant believe Daphne is to be dead. Also I knew that kid had powers, a human Microwave. Think he is Sylars brother for real this season

mtriv73
02-10-2009, 08:14 AM
I though Daphne and Matt were supposed to have kids in the future. Since they made such a big deal of Hiro having to survive since it's Ando who kills him in the future, I don't think they'll go against this too.

My guess is Hiro gets his powers back soon and jumps in to save Daphne at the last second.

Kidhuman
02-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Peter was also supposed ot get with Nikki(end of season one) They constantly change the future, so that could be out.

Rocketboy
02-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Peter was also supposed ot get with Nikki(end of season one) They constantly change the future, so that could be out.Could? I'd say definitely, you know, considering she'd dead and all.

El Chuxter
02-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Hmmm.... Haven't we already established that death means about as much on Heroes as it does in an X-Men comic?

Kidhuman
02-10-2009, 11:01 PM
Could? I'd say definitely, you know, considering she'd dead and all.
But Hiro could also jump back in time and grab her.

Rocketboy
02-11-2009, 01:35 AM
I had to rewatch the episode tonight on G4 because I missed a few minutes when a fuse blew and I had to wait for the receiver to reboot.
I really hope Daphne isn't dead. They didn't actually confirm she died, just shot, so there's hope that she's alive.
My only question is how did Peter find the others so easy?

Kidhuman
02-11-2009, 05:54 AM
they never said, Maybe Parkman mind linked them or something.

Daphne was never confirmed ead or alive.

Jayspawn
02-13-2009, 01:21 PM
Interesting Heroes news: No release date yet, but NBC is releasing a Wendy & Lisa muscical score to Heroes, featuring Shenkar of course. It will have 10 or so tracks with all the major themes of the major characters. Its rumored to have the complete "Fire & Regeneration" track also.

Either way -I'm buying it!

dr_evazan22
02-16-2009, 10:12 PM
I kinda like the current story-line, with the gov't. trying to capture the people with powers. Reminds me of the old X-men, with Trask and other villains. We just need some Sentinels.

That said, watching it is like pulling teethe. It sucks! I dislike Claire's character, and HRG, more and more each ep. Add to that Hiro.

figrin bran
02-17-2009, 02:35 AM
I really, really don't like the Sylar teaches Luke the ways of the dark side storyline. I don't know why this never occured to me but every time I have to watch a Sylar scene, it's like my brain is being split open.

It's about time that Hiro punched someone in the face!

figrin bran
03-07-2009, 03:27 AM
I can't believe I"m saying this but I actually like where they're taking Sylar with his current arc. They should've done this character development for him from the start.

Not a lot of posts in this thread lately and so I wonder if the rest of you aren't very enthusiastic about the series right now? Mostly I'm just watching just for the sake of watching and because there aren't better alternatives on Monday nights. I hate to say it but Smallville for all it's mediocrity at times is better than Heroes right now.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-07-2009, 03:36 AM
I can't believe I"m saying this but I actually like where they're taking Sylar with his current arc. They should've done this character development for him from the start.

Not a lot of posts in this thread lately and so I wonder if the rest of you aren't very enthusiastic about the series right now? Mostly I'm just watching just for the sake of watching and because there aren't better alternatives on Monday nights. I hate to say it but Smallville for all it's mediocrity at times is better than Heroes right now.24 is on the same time as Heroes. I've been recording Heroes and watching it later. I'm still enjoying the series. Silence here is better than the endless complaining about it.

Kidhuman
03-07-2009, 05:55 AM
I am enjoying it. Just been working alot and not alot of time to post

dr_evazan22
03-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Silence here is better than the endless complaining about it.

Yeah, nothing really new to say about it.

Except to express a growing suspicion that microwave kid may share parentage with Sylar. And right now I'm trying to remember the outcome of Sylar's visit to the diner.... Did microwave kid survive? And continue on the road with Sylar?... Can't remember...

Kidhuman
03-07-2009, 11:44 AM
No, Sylar left him there I believe.

sith_killer_99
03-07-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm still enjoying the series, it's just that there are so many twists and turns it's kinda hard to post about it. It's kinda like LOST, there are so many good characters and story lines, it's hard to focus on just one or two things. Lest we spend hours posting about every thing.

JediTricks
03-07-2009, 09:32 PM
24 is on the same time as Heroes. I've been recording Heroes and watching it later. I'm still enjoying the series. Silence here is better than the endless complaining about it.
And yet the silence speaks volumes.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-07-2009, 10:20 PM
And yet the silence speaks volumes.

Yes, it shows my ineptitude for explaining why I like something, my inability to put into writing what I thought about the show, and my inability to remember what happened anyway. Just coming in here and posting, "That episode was awesome!" wouldn't serve much of a purpose.

Rocketboy
03-07-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm just trying to figure out/remember what happened to Hiro and Ando...

Jayspawn
03-10-2009, 11:04 PM
I'm just trying to figure out/remember what happened to Hiro and Ando...

After Hiro and Ando saved the Bride in India -they got a fax to save Matt Parkman and gave them an LA address. And at the address a babysitter leaves them with a baby to watch over. So is the baby named Matt Parkman also? Should be interesting.

The REBEL debate goes on. The popular vote is that Micah Sanders has something to do with it. I wouldn't rule out that Angela knows something about it. She always knows.

HRG rules.

Kidhuman
03-10-2009, 11:17 PM
The baby is Parkmans kid Jayspawn.

DarkArtist
03-11-2009, 10:57 AM
i actually just started watching Season 1 on DVD so I'm way behind but I love the show so far (on the 4th episode). hoping to be all caught up by the time the new season kicks in

figrin bran
04-21-2009, 02:14 AM
Mercifully, this season will come to an end next week.

How many of us are still watching? And out of those still watching, how many still care? I have to admit I was more interested in reading SSG posts while tonight's episode was on.

LTBasker
04-21-2009, 04:37 AM
I've only been watching an episode occasionally. It's rather sad that between each episode I see I've missed about 3-4 others, and it still makes about as much sense as it did at the beginning of the season. None of the developments I've been blank on have been interesting, either. They're simpling going in circles this season, you only need to watch a handful of episodes to understand that nothing significant is going to happen.

Don't like your favorite character being a bad or good guy? Wait 5 episodes and they'll switch sides.

Kidhuman
04-21-2009, 05:50 AM
I am still watching. This season has been better than the previous ones. More insight on Angela and what not.

Slicker
04-21-2009, 05:55 AM
I've never seen an entire episode of this show. I've got season 1 at home and a guy may let me borrow season 2 if I ever start season 1. What season are they on now? Four? Five?

sith_killer_99
04-21-2009, 12:29 PM
I am still watching. This season has been better than the previous ones. More insight on Angela and what not.

Yeah, I've really enjoyed their exploration of her character. My favorite line was when she was telling Peter about the visions she had a a young woman, end of the world, no one believing her and what she had to do to save the world, lie, manipulate, etc. Great story telling IMO, and I really connected with it. In the back of my mind I was like, yeah, I can see how that would happen and what it could do to a person.:yes:

I also loved the tie in with Angela stealing socks, her sister's story, etc. I was just like, wow, this is top notch story telling if ever there was.

I love this show, not for the action or black and white good guys vs bad guys. It's not really about epic battles and cool powers and special effects, for me it's about the characters, ordinary people put into extraordinary positions and how they interact, what it does to them, etc. This show is awesome and I don't think it can be truly appreciated unless it is followed closely.

Just my 2 cents.

Rocketboy
04-21-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm still watching. This "Fugitives" storyline started out strong, but has been dragging the last 4-5 episodes (not counting last week's flashback episode).
Last night's Sylar stuff was cool. It was interesting to see him losing his mind a bit. But I was really hoping he was going kill Rebel.

What season are they on now? Four? Five?Season 3 is about to end next week. Never pictured you as one to own/watch (eventually) this show.

LTBasker
04-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Had "I Am Sylar" recorded on the DVR and decided to give it a watch this morning, but it held no surprises despite missing the previous 3-4 episodes. Same ol' stuff as usual, and the continued use of the tranq shotguns is annoying. They capture them, they free themselves, they capture them, they free themselves... Except for Micah, they can use deadly force on him because he won't actually die thanks to Sylar's random act of kindness. But the audience knows this immediately, so the only potentially decent suspensful thing was put to complete waste.

If they're so serious about finally cracking down on them for good, why not just break out the real ammo at the end? Seriously, if they had found Mohinder and unleashed on him a barrage of buckshot, it would have completely redeemed... Well, not alot, but it would be the first decent episode since season 1. Sadly, no such luck. They even had to focus on the cheap-firework looking tranq dart with cheesy blinking LED to let the audience know that Mohinder would live on to continue his insignificant and uninteresting role on the show.

The only thing that has remained mildly interesting is Hiro and Ando, but that is on it's last thread as they may as well be a bitter married couple at this point.

Kidhuman
04-25-2009, 10:43 AM
I thought the I am Sylar story was good. I am wondering why he didnt die when stuckj in the back of the head. Interesting.

pegger
04-25-2009, 11:09 AM
I thought the I am Sylar story was good. I am wondering why he didnt die when stuck in the back of the head. Interesting.

I think's it's all related to the shapeshifting thing - you know, like when he had the extra tooth? Maybe his weak spot has moved position.

sith_killer_99
04-25-2009, 02:00 PM
He said earlier that the spot was microscopic, I don't give a little knife much chance of finding the sweet spot. Had he used a shot gun to take Sylar's head off it would have been another story.:D

Jayspawn
04-25-2009, 08:21 PM
Havnt seen the episode yet so I'm not reading or commenting.

However I did get Wendy & Lisa's Heroes soundtrack -and its f'n awesome! A must have if you like the music.

Rocketboy
04-25-2009, 10:23 PM
However I did get Wendy & Lisa's Heroes soundtrack -and its f'n awesome! A must have if you like the music.The most annoying part of the show is the music.

Jayspawn
04-25-2009, 11:07 PM
The music is one of the best parts of the show and part of what made it a hit in the 1st place. Fans have been campaigning since the beginning for a Lisa & Wendy album -now its finally here -by demand btw.

Sorry you dont like it though.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-25-2009, 11:29 PM
I'm still watching it and enjoying it. I just watched the latest episode on DVR tonight.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-27-2009, 11:29 PM
Havnt seen the episode yet so I'm not reading or commenting.

However I did get Wendy & Lisa's Heroes soundtrack -and its f'n awesome! A must have if you like the music.

I "bought" the disc that came out sometime ago; is there a new one? I really love the music, it's really great stuff.

I enjoyed tonights finale as I liked the debacle it brings up for Nathan and I was really shocked to see him die. I just wish we had seen the fight between the three of them. What they did was really cheap.

Rocketboy
04-28-2009, 12:43 AM
I just wish we had seen the fight between the three of them. What they did was really cheap.That fight p*ssed me off. I though "Sweet! We finally get to see a knock-down brawl!" Then all we saw were doors with blue lights through the cracks! Argh!

Other than that I thought it was a great finale. And quite shocking. I can't help but wonder if any of the contracts for any of the main cast are up or almost up.
Sylar will be back, that was obvious and heavily hinted at in the intro to Volume 5, but where does that leave Nathan (and the actor that plays him)?
Hiro has this new set back, with his power usage killing him, but he of course will be back (Ando still has to "kill" him in the future).
Does Parkman really walk away from it and live happily ever after with the ex-wife he suddenly loves again (after so quickly forgetting about Daphne)?
Danko is still alive. Last we saw, Hiro tranqued him.
And of course whatshername Ali Larter is back. I figured she wasn't dead after the ice shattered, unless its another one of her.

LTBasker
04-28-2009, 03:06 AM
This episode was better than probably about 95% of the rest of the season, but still not so great. Especially with the hidden fight, one of the least significant characters being the only one that gets killed, and the cheesy flight effects. The worst part, though, was launching "volume five" with Ali Larter. She has been the most consistently horrible part of this show since early season 1 no matter what character she's played. They need to stop using her.

Jayspawn
04-28-2009, 11:03 AM
Ok, I'm all caught up. I loved the hidden fight. They did that in Season 1 when Future Peter took on Future Sylar -so its not like this is new. When Peter and Nathan went through the door, my reaction was Holy sh--! I actually like not seeing the fight and I have no dought that they tore eachother up!

Kidhuman
04-28-2009, 12:58 PM
And of course whatshername Ali Larter is back. I figured she wasn't dead after the ice shattered, unless its another one of her.

Its the same one, she melted and got into the water supply. She winked when she blew up

I loved it, good twist. I wanted to see the fight also. I was pi55ed they cut it out.

Rocketboy
04-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Its the same one, she melted and got into the water supply. She winked when she blew upI know it's more than likely her, but she controlled ice rather than water. Also, they said there was a third sister (or was it 4? 5?), so there is that possibility (but probably not).

Kidhuman
04-29-2009, 10:33 AM
Jessica, Nikki and Tracy. All three

JEDIpartner
05-01-2009, 12:48 PM
I am no longer watching this, but I loved how they explained the crappy plotlines of good guys going bad as Sylar being a shapeshifter. How does that explain his taking on the form of Claire Bennett and fighting himself? :rolleyes:

Rocketboy
05-01-2009, 10:32 PM
I think you're confused. Sylar didn't become a shape-shifter until 5-6 episodes ago.

figrin bran
05-06-2009, 02:44 AM
Thanks to this show, I cringed when I heard the phrase "tag and bag" during XMO Wolverine.

JEDIpartner
05-06-2009, 09:25 AM
I think you're confused. Sylar didn't become a shape-shifter until 5-6 episodes ago.

I think this SHOW was confused as of the last season!!!!

dr_evazan22
08-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Was checking out the latest SW Insider at Borders and it says that Ray Park will be joining the cast this season.

sith_killer_99
08-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Was checking out the latest SW Insider at Borders and it says that Ray Park will be joining the cast this season.

Yeah, I hear he will play a green guy with a long tongue.:laugh:

Qui-Long Gone
08-27-2009, 01:59 AM
^U know what happens to guys with long tongues who are struck by Sylar don't you? Same thing that happens to everyone struck by Sylar...they get pwnd!

JediTricks
09-22-2009, 04:52 PM
Well, I can see season 4 really resonated with you guys. I didn't bother watching it, and NBC barely bothered advertising it. I suspect these will be the last 13 episodes of the series. I read some reviews of last night's episodes and it sounded dismal.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-22-2009, 07:02 PM
I enjoyed it.

LTBasker
09-22-2009, 07:57 PM
It was ok. I admit, I really didn't pay too much attention in fear that it would be as horrid as the last 1 1/2 seasons, but it didn't seem too bad. It's distracting as usual that they try to cram so many characters into a premeire, but at least they had a handful of interesting scenes, most notable being a REAL FIGHT! It was even decent! The other decent scenes were pretty much any scene with Sylar taunting Parkman, that was well done.

It's annoying to have further focus on Claire, but at least she was less whiny this time. Her newfound and pending lesbian-trial friend was annoying, though. The way she speaks makes me think of her character on Californication - but with brain damage. It's as though they thought that they could write just as interesting and exaggerated, smug intellectual ramblings like the Californication writers. I suppose it won't be all bad if she ends up punching Claire after their experiment.

I continue my belief that Ali Larter needs to be cut from the show; she's simply not interesting. Yeah, we could blame that on getting poorly written characters, but in order for her to have an interesting character they would have to create another one, and... I REALLY don't want that. I suppose there could be some redeeming writing for her current character at some point, but I cringe whenever Larter shows up in general.

dr_evazan22
09-22-2009, 07:57 PM
I thought it was alright. I'm sick of Hiro and his BS (also sick of Parkman, and Claire. I'm probably sick of more but can't think of them right now). I'm slightly interested to see where the story with the carny workers go. Not too impressed with the power of the tattoo chick; but don't get me wrong, I like the fact that she goes topless.

They should have drawn out the Sylar-as-(Peter's brother) a little longer.

electricidad
09-22-2009, 11:21 PM
What I liked:

Samuel: it's nice having a super-powered villain who's also super mysterious. What we got from the premier: he's not afraid to kill; he's also equally as adept trying to bring people around to his way of thinking (like he was with Hiro in the past); he's charismatic enough to have followers; his power is tattoo-stuff or something. And he has Lydia. The tattooed lady.

Ray Park: Awesome. I hope his character sticks around.

Peter Petrelli: It's nice that on a show called "Heroes" he's actually acting like a hero. I also liked how while Claire and Parkman were refusing to use their powers, Peter was looking to snap up more powers to help people.

Noah Bennett: Whenever he's on screen, it's gold.

Parkman: I saw reviews hammering the show for the whole Sylar thing. I thought it worked, though, and if I had to guess, I'd say Parkman's headed for a villain turn.

What I could have done without:

Hiro and Ando: I liked Samuel forcing Hiro to see the benefits of changing the past. The whole "saving the cat" gag, however, overshadowed it and filled me with a sadness that made me tremble to violently to speak.

Claire at college: Why do we need to see Claire adjusting to a new school every 10 episodes or so? And did we really need the mystery surrounding her roommate? Really?

Nathan Petrelli: While I liked Parkman and Sylar, it took some of the steam out of any scene with Nathan.

What was awesome:

Again, Ray Park.

It was nice to see some more closure from last season, when Danko was killed.

Rocketboy
09-22-2009, 11:41 PM
I enjoyed it also, but I've also enjoyed all three seasons, for all their faults.

As much as I like the character of Hiro, they really need to find something better for him to do. The whole destiny and superhero business has run it's course. And kill the buzzkill Ando if they can't do anything interesting with him - all he does is boo-hoo everything Hiro does.

Claire is there just be there. Her story seems so pointless. At least Hiro's story tied into the Carnies.

Ray Park was pretty cool.

Peter's story is a nice change of pace.

Noah is good as always.

Parkman's story is going pretty good already.

figrin bran
09-23-2009, 01:34 AM
Obviously, JT hasn't been watching NBC Sunday Night Football because they've advertised the Heroes premiere heavily the past 2 weeks.

I thought it was okay enough that I'll keep on watching this season. After the end of 3, I really wasn't sure and didn't even bother to check out the Heroes Carnival at Comic Con.

Kidhuman
09-23-2009, 08:53 AM
I liked it. I loved the new Carnies. I cant wait to see more of them. I didnt like that tatoo ink thing though.

The fight scene was good. A long time coming for a really nice throwdown.

Overall the outlook for this season can be classified as intriguing

JEDIpartner
09-23-2009, 10:50 AM
The last two people I know who are watching it are now officially out after the season premiere. So... I'd have to say its time is clearly over.

El Chuxter
09-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Bryan Fuller returning from Pushing Daisies didn't save it?

LTBasker
09-23-2009, 02:05 PM
They need to bring back Dana Davis from season 2, her character (Monica Dawson) was the most interesting addition that season AND they didn't kill her off. In fact, her presence even got them to kill off Nikki, so I'm eager to see what annoying character they can get killed off from her presence again. Mohinder, I'd hope. Aside from her being a redeeming death omen, her ability was really cool and she never got on my nerves.

Plus it wouldn't hurt to have some new diveristy in the main cast, epsecially in the female portion of it.

Rocketboy
09-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Bryan Fuller returning from Pushing Daisies didn't save it?And he has already left.
Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Fuller):

With the cancellation of Pushing Daisies, Fuller has signed a seven-figure, two-year deal with Universal Media Studios (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Media_Studios); he rejoined the writing staff of Heroes for the 20th episode of the third season, he is a consulting producer and plays a "key role" on the writing staff.[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Fuller#cite_note-4) However, after working on some of the story arcs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Story_arc) for the forthcoming season of Heroes, Fuller has announced he is moving on to other projects.

They need to bring back Dana Davis from season 2, her character (Monica Dawson) was the most interesting addition that season AND they didn't kill her off. In fact, her presence even got them to kill off Nikki, so I'm eager to see what annoying character they can get killed off from her presence again. Mohinder, I'd hope. Aside from her being a redeeming death omen, her ability was really cool and she never got on my nerves.

Plus it wouldn't hurt to have some new diveristy in the main cast, epsecially in the female portion of it.Oh God no. Monica was beyond terrible. I was really hoping that her and Micah were going to die in Season 2.

Kidhuman
09-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Oh God no. Monica was beyond terrible. I was really hoping that her and Micah were going to die in Season 2.

agreed. horrible character

LTBasker
09-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Really? I know it took her awhile to get developed into something interesting, but I don't recall her being that bad. The only ones I recall being horribly annoying in that group of characters was Micah and that other kid.

sith_killer_99
09-23-2009, 09:01 PM
Well, I'm enjoying the new season so far.:thumbsup:

Rocketboy
09-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Really? I know it took her awhile to get developed into something interesting, but I don't recall her being that bad. The only ones I recall being horribly annoying in that group of characters was Micah and that other kid.The only purpose that entire arc served was to give Micah something to do...and eventually to kill Nikki (which could have been done in one of the main arcs).

jedibear
09-27-2009, 08:08 PM
Well, being a Ray Park fan, I thought I'd tune in for the season premiere. Haven't watched regularly at all since season one...saw enough of season two to make me walk away and just the premiere for season three and after watching the always irritating Mohinder turn into a Brundlefly, I tuned back out again.

And after this premiere...well, I'll give it another week but...the nagging question for me was...why do they hire one of the best, brightest and charismatic martial arts stars in movies today and when it comes time for him to shine and showcase his skill, he just ends up being rendered as a boring special effect that could've been played by anyone? Very disappointing...

And why is this show still on again?

Mad Slanted Powers
09-27-2009, 08:18 PM
And why is this show still on again?Apparently to annoy people that don't like it.

Rocketboy
09-27-2009, 10:15 PM
And people need something to b*tch about on the internet.

figrin bran
09-29-2009, 12:01 AM
Well, being a Ray Park fan, I thought I'd tune in for the season premiere. Haven't watched regularly at all since season one...saw enough of season two to make me walk away and just the premiere for season three and after watching the always irritating Mohinder turn into a Brundlefly, I tuned back out again.

And after this premiere...well, I'll give it another week but...the nagging question for me was...why do they hire one of the best, brightest and charismatic martial arts stars in movies today and when it comes time for him to shine and showcase his skill, he just ends up being rendered as a boring special effect that could've been played by anyone? Very disappointing...

And why is this show still on again?

Believe it or not, that was one of the best fight scenes ever seen on this show.

I'll say this much, Sylar is much more subtle and hence more tolerable this season as the Six to Parkman's Gaius Baltar.

electricidad
09-29-2009, 12:10 AM
I really liked the Parkman-Sylar stuff tonight. I liked how Parkman sees himself as an addict, and Sylar forces him off the wagon. I also liked Sylar using Parkman's powers against him--it makes him more than just an annoying voice in Parkman's head. It's also nice to see Parkman doing cop stuff--too bad it won't last.

I liked the Peter-Samuel interaction. Samuel's motives are not yet known, but he makes an effective villain within the confines of the show. It's nice to see he's not completely a remorseless killing machine--the bit at the end, with the house, he DID give the people a chance to let him in--before he was rejected and apparently destroyed the house.

Not sold yet on the Claire-roommate stuff. I thought for sure Bennett was going to have the Haitian erase said roommate's memory anyway.

I'm also not sold on the new character with powers (She can see sound! That'll be real effective as Sylar's slicing her head open). It was nice, though, to see her nurse was Nurse Ratched.

Jayspawn
10-04-2009, 11:24 AM
I love how this season is going so far. Neat mix of new characters and regulars. Really digging Edgar (Ray Park), Samuel (Robert Knepper), and the def woman -who right now is my favorite.

I really like where this season is going -very exciting!

electricidad
10-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Nice shock ending this week, capping off an otherwise slow episode.

Traci tries to get back into politics working for the governor, and later decides not to. This was my least favorite thread of the episode. Heroes never seems to know what to do with its genre guest stars (Michael Dorn as the President was on screen for a total of three seconds last season; William Katt had even less screen time--so maybe it shouldn't bother me so much that Bruce Boxleitner just kinds of pops in as the governor).

Bennett decides to track down Samuel and his carnival.

Hiro tells his sister he's dying because of his powers. Then his powers appear to malfunction, and he disappears.

Nathan--still in Sylar's body--remembers a forgotten event from his teen years. He and a girl were goofing around a pool, she fell, she died, his family covered it up. He tells said revelation to the girl's mother. She hires a guy to gun him down and bury him. At the end of the episode, Nathan emerges from the grave, but now he looks like Sylar.

It was actually a pretty effective shock ending.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-08-2009, 07:53 PM
I didn't notice that he looked like Sylar.

electricidad
10-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Just checked on Hulu--yep, it's Sylar clawing his way from that grave.

Incidentally, I can't think of any show this new season I watched on TV. Each one I've caught on Hulu a day or two after it's been on (Fringe, SGU, Family Guy, Etc.).

Kidhuman
10-11-2009, 10:29 AM
No dopunt it was Sylar. and they even showed him in the previews for tomorrows ep. I loved it. I expected NAthan to come back out of the greave, but not as Sylar. Now if they can fix Hiro's storyline, it would be an excellent season.

Rocketboy
10-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Watched last week's episode online this afternoon before tonight's ep.

Good stuff, especially with Nathan/Sylar. I knew it would happen eventually, but I didn't think it'd be this early in the season.

Now if they can fix Hiro's storyline, it would be an excellent season.And get rid of Claire's boring-*ss story. Even morseo now that they brought in another new chick - I hated her in the second season of Veronica Mars and I hate her here. But they were pretty slick in how they integrated her into what happened in the first few episodes.

Jayspawn
10-13-2009, 02:11 AM
Good episode tonite. Now we know who killed Claire's roommate, etc. Samuel was kinda left without answers in this one. Good to see Ernie Hudson on the show -he's gonna be back for several more this season. Glad that Peter is being sociable again. Kept waiting to see where Hiro would show up -in Peter's apartment no less!

Kidhuman
10-13-2009, 11:56 AM
That was a good ep last night. I cant wait for Sylar to go off on the carnies.

the Color seeing girl is learning to expand her powers, can be cool, She seemed to get angry and blow up the wall.

Seems Peter and Noah go after the healer to help Hiro

Qui-Long Gone
11-03-2009, 11:22 AM
This season has been surprisingly interesting.

Kidhuman
11-07-2009, 10:29 AM
This season has been surprisingly interesting.

It has, keeps taking odd turns

LTBasker
11-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Yeah, but that last turn (Once Upon A Time in Texas) took it a little too close to season 3 obnoxiousness.

LTBasker
11-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Well, even though that's not going to stick (evident from the ambulance), Parkman's manipulation of events and the result was awesome.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-10-2009, 01:02 AM
Well, even though that's not going to stick (evident from the ambulance)And evident from the previews for next week as well.

Jayspawn
11-11-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm enjoying the hell out of this season! I find myself more glued to each episode. They have also revealed The Hatian's name: Rene! Glad to see Adrian Pasdar back on the show too. Natan seems to be back for now, BUT the truth is coming!

Rocketboy
11-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Claire is still useless, but having Noah involved improves the arc ten fold.

The Hiro/Charlie episode, while good, will really give you an aneurysm if you try to make any sense of the time travel on the show.

I wonder how they're going to handle the whole Nathan thing once Sylar is (eventually) restored. Will he be written out totally? Or will they do something stupid like bring in another Nathan from an alternate timeline?

I'd actually forgotten about Mohinder until they showed him. It's a bit of a shame what they've done with his character. He went from the key to season 1 to the whole mad scientist to useless to gone.

Parkman and Sylar started out with a great idea but slow, but lately has gotten pretty darn good.

Kidhuman
11-11-2009, 02:56 PM
I agree with RB's assessment. Claire is totally uselss, and I am glad Gretchen is gone.

sith_killer_99
11-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Who thinks Gretchen will be allowed to keep her memories?

I like the Carnies as the new big bad.

This season is really good, much better than last. I couldn't really get into the whole "Anti-Heroes Task Force" too over the top. I prefer the "low key" angel as opposed to guns blazing.

Jayspawn
11-26-2009, 12:41 AM
I really like this season also. Its entertaining as hell.

I think in the end, HRG & the Hatian will wipe Gretchen's memories.

I guess I'm missing what Samuel's endgame is going to be. With Lydia wanting a confrontation and moreso now that Samuel has exiled Edgar -who was great in this last episode. Wonder when we'll see him again.

It was good to see Mr. Muggles and Sandra again.

Rocketboy
11-26-2009, 01:27 AM
Really been enjoying this season also.
I'm just really curious to see how they handle the Sylar/Nathan thing.

Is this Chapter/Storyline over in 2-3 weeks or will it take up more than 13 episodes?

Qui-Long Gone
11-27-2009, 10:19 AM
I like the villians this season much better than the last two--task force mornons and evil daddy Petrelli.

Where in the world is Hiro?

RooJay
11-27-2009, 04:41 PM
Until recently I had been very behind on this show - until last week, I hadn't even watched the last four episodes of last season. The horrible missteps of the previous two seasons just really killed my interest. Since I'd still had each episode on my DVR, I figured I may as well go ahead and watch, and I've got to say that this season is a massive imporvement over seasons two and three! It's really a shame that this will likely end up being the final season. Heroes has introduced a lot of fantastic characters that I really enjoy over the course of it's run so far, and a lot of the new characters that have made their appearance with this latest season I might even be counted among my favorites (Robert Knepper's character being the real standout, but I've been a fan of his since I was intorduced to him on Prison Break!) This season is really much more along the lines of where I was hoping this show might go after Season one; particularly where Peter is concerned. It finally seems like he's trying to be the hero he should have been from the start. I'm eager to see where this current arc is going, and I'm actually hopeful Heroes might get a stay of execution.

Rocketboy
11-27-2009, 10:31 PM
It's really a shame that this will likely end up being the final season.

I'm eager to see where this current arc is going, and I'm actually hopeful Heroes might get a stay of execution.I hope it does get renewed but the show recently had it's lowest ratings ever - not a good sign.

Maybe the return of Chuck as a lead in might help it, especially if NBC can properly promote the return of Chuck.

Kidhuman
11-28-2009, 11:51 AM
I hope it gets renewed. The whole Nathan/Sylar thing is interesting. As are the carnies.

Jayspawn
12-04-2009, 01:28 AM
Great episode this last monday. I'm sad to see Nathan go, as I've been a fan of his since the start. Claire is really only seeing the pros of being with the Carnival -HRG is gonna be ****ed when he gets ahold of her.

Actually, Heroes has gone up in rating latley. The usual figures on ratings dont factor in DVR tapings, which Heroes is one of the highest.

Rocketboy
12-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Actually, Heroes has gone up in rating latley. The usual figures on ratings dont factor in DVR tapings, which Heroes is one of the highest.
Even so, I saw this today...

Fourth Season May Be Heroes’ Last (http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/12/04/tv-tidbits-fourth-season-may-be-heroes-last-entourage-movie-to-end-series-fox-developing-werewolf-show-howl/)

In TV news tonight: It looks like Heroes may finally be put out of its misery come the end of its fourth season (which is currently airing). A source tells E! online (http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b156121_this_just_in_heroes_expected_end_ugly.html ), “Everyone is expecting this to be the last season. The cast, the crew, everyone.” The news comes after Sendhil Ramamurthy was cast in an upcoming NBC pilot, Rex Is Not Your Lawyer.It would be a damn shame. This season seems to have started turning things around.

Jayspawn
12-05-2009, 12:06 AM
This season has definatly turned things around. Of my friends who watch it, they never miss an episode.

If this is their last season, it would be nice if the writers actually wrote an end to it vs just getting cancelled.

Kidhuman
12-08-2009, 08:42 AM
I hope it doesnt end. Its one of the few shows I watch. I heard Dollhouse is getting axed also.

Kidhuman
12-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Great episode this last monday. I'm sad to see Nathan go, as I've been a fan of his since the start. Claire is really only seeing the pros of being with the Carnival -HRG is gonna be ****ed when he gets ahold of her.

Saw this on the Skyreport:

Some 99% of video viewing is still on the television, according to a new Nielsen study. At the same time, online video viewing jumped almost 35% while DVR use rose over 21%.

Jayspawn
12-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Even after Monday's episode, I'm still not getting what Samuel's plan is, other than to gather more specials. He said it wasnt Claire he's after, so is it safe to assume its somebody close to Claire? Is it HRG or somebody different altogether? No Tracy in this episode, so maybe she's getting things in order before she travels to find the carnival. Its a shame that Hiro dissapeared, otherwise he'd be able to convince Claire of Samuel's true colors.

Rocketboy
12-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Just saw a report (somewhere) that Sendhil Ramamurthy has already been replaced (by Jerry O'Connell) on the show he was just cast in.

Rocketboy
05-27-2010, 10:36 PM
No posts yet this year. huh.

I saw the other day that the show was officially canceled like 2 weeks ago.
Too bad. Even though it never regained the awesomeness of season 1 (they were slowly getting back on track in late season 3 - season 4), I was still enjoying it.

I guess there's talk of trying to get a mini-series or tv made to wrap things up.