PDA

View Full Version : "Heroes" on NBC- getting great write-ups. Will you tune in?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

JEDIpartner
09-25-2006, 12:46 PM
I'm tuning in for AT LEAST the first episode. It really wasn't on my radar as I don't watch a lot of television. My partner had stated that it had gotten loads of good write-ups and I checked those out. Entertainment Weekly did a feature on it in their new television series issue. So... I guess that starts tonight. Is anyone here amongst the curious?

El Chuxter
09-25-2006, 12:55 PM
I want to see it. But, then again, I've always loved superheroes, so it seems like a must to me. :)

JediTricks
09-25-2006, 04:00 PM
I'll watch it, but I'm not totally sold until I see solid work. But last Monday I was feeling the same thing about "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" and that one blew me away by the time it was over.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-25-2006, 05:22 PM
Sadly, I'll be at class, but I will have my cable box on that station (for ratings, ya know?) and my folks are taping it and then sending the tape my way. I'm interested.

Dar' Argol
09-25-2006, 06:19 PM
I have been waiting for this since I saw the preview like 6 months ago! This so kinda looks like Unbreakable . . . . but a bit more. I was checking out their website the other day and I cannot wait till 9pm tonight!!!

Here's the site BTW . . . like you couldn't find it yourself . . he he he . . .

HEROES (http://heroes.nbc.com/)

Blue2th
09-25-2006, 06:30 PM
Yes, I need to watch this. Is it on tonite? Young poeople as superheroes. Kinda reminds me of the Legion of Superheroes. Only without the cool costumes.

Kidhuman
09-25-2006, 07:33 PM
Hell no, its Monday Night Football&

Blue2th
09-25-2006, 07:51 PM
Hell no, its Monday Night Football&
Futbol been berry, berry good to me, but I just check & no futbol tonite.:cry: I will watch hero show &den...

Kidhuman
09-25-2006, 07:54 PM
Football is on ESPN, 8:30, Falcons vs Saints, saints up 7-0. &

Dar' Argol
09-25-2006, 08:45 PM
So far so good . . . its a bit slow but it is the begining. I mean the 1st season of 24 started of REALLY slow. I loke it so far . . .

Kidhuman
09-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Wow, I flipped to it during the football game and did not flip back. I missed the first 10 minutes, but the last 50 was great. It is a must watch every week. I will wait until tomorrow to post some questions due to spoilers for the west cpast peeps. &

BTW if you miss(ed) it tonight, it will be on again tomorrow night. &

figrin bran
09-25-2006, 09:23 PM
based on your comments, i will definitely tune in

Dar' Argol
09-25-2006, 09:26 PM
kid, you suprise me . . . I thought it was Foosball night . . . . he he he. I cannot wait until next weeks episode. This is going to be a great series I have a feelling. Even with a slow start it still caught me.

I wanna be a hero!!

LTBasker
09-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Pretty good start, it was cool they made so many things connected and all the characters impressed me. I really like how it's kind of expanding on the way they talked about it in X-Men 1 and 2, taking a really serious look at it. The Japanese guy was really great, especially with the Star Trek and X-Men references. :D

It's a minor thing, but I was impressed that they actually had the Japanese guys speaking Japanese whereas other series save money/time/effort by just having everybody speak english.

Kidhuman
09-25-2006, 09:47 PM
kid, you suprise me . . . I thought it was Foosball night . . . . he he he.

I hate Vick and really cant stand to watch him&

Dar' Argol
09-25-2006, 09:56 PM
It's a minor thing, but I was impressed that they actually had the Japanese guys speaking Japanese whereas other series save money/time/effort by just having everybody speak english.

I was impressed by that too. I guess it was done to show that this is a world event. And the whole world don't speak engrish . . . heck, we barely speak it ourselves!

Blue2th
09-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Well that was pretty good. Something to watch on mondays. (besides futbol) I briefly flipped over to the Saints-Falcons game to see U2 and Greenday, but I missed it.

El Chuxter
09-26-2006, 12:47 AM
Funny, I wasn't too impressed. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't very good, either. I didn't call up the local NBC affiliate and demand the hour back, but I don't feel compelled to watch next week. The rerun of Antiques Roadshow I saw before it was better.

Really ballsy or really stupid of them to reference X-Men.&

Only question I care about: where the hell was Richard Roundtree? I saw him mentioned in the credits, but didn't actually notice him.

Kidhuman
09-26-2006, 06:07 AM
Is he doing the narration of it?&

Edit: Question I wanted to ask:

So, the moms reflection is killing people it seems, so will she be good or bad in this show?

JEDIpartner
09-26-2006, 11:11 AM
I'm really into this show!!! I like the fact that most of these people don't want this "gift" with which they were born. I really enjoyed the way their lives sorta interconnected. Very cool... very LOST. It will be interesting to see how things develop!!

Really ballsy or really stupid of them to reference X-Men.

I actually thought it was funny! Pilot is being rerun tonight at 8pm... in case you missed it!!

El Chuxter
09-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Very cool... very LOST.

Maybe that's why I wasn't impressed. I guess it was a resounding success if I didn't despise it like I despise that half-arsed unfunny remake of Gilligan's Isle.

JediTricks
09-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Only question I care about: where the hell was Richard Roundtree? I saw him mentioned in the credits, but didn't actually notice him.He was the coma patient I believe, I want him to wake up and be interesting. :p

I thought the show was engaging, I definitely felt drawn into what was happening, and that ending really felt good to me. But I also felt like the American characters were punking out - afraid their powers were a curse but without any real explanation of why - only the brother who thought he could fly was the exception, we've got like 6 heroes and only the Japanese guy understands how cool it would be to have powers??? Come on, you don't have to be a comic fan to get that - I can see the social-focused cheerleader girl afraid it would tarnish her life, and the internet stripper's power came off as looney toons, but other than that, I wasn't buying it. The "villain" was interesting, hopefully that goes somewhere more interesting than just "the government!" Ultimately, I'll watch again, but they really needed a 2-hour premiere to balance this out better.

I think the thing that annoyed me the most was how much of this ep I had already seen before it aired thanks to NBC's promotions department pillaging it to death.

Dar' Argol
09-26-2006, 10:49 PM
Is he doing the narration of it?&

Edit: Question I wanted to ask:

So, the moms reflection is killing people it seems, so will she be good or bad in this show?

No, I think its more of a alternate personality thing . . . like she loses control and gets all super powered and stuff . . . . maybe . . .

pegger
09-27-2006, 11:49 AM
I thought it started really slow - but by the end it got really interesting. I too love Hiro, which has got THE coolest power so far. My wife was very dis-interested until the 2nd half as well - it was too choppy and all over the place at the beginning - but that's a problem when you have too many mini-stories going on. i'm hoping it becomes much more cohesive when they all end up in NY.

UKWildcat
09-27-2006, 11:35 PM
I hate Vick and really cant stand to watch him&
You really need to get out of Blacksburg kh. :p

I did watch MNF but I had Heroes recording on the DVR. I just got around to watching it tonight and I thought it was pretty good. It was much better than I was anticipating. So far that little Japanese fellow is my favorite. I can't wait to see what happens next.:thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-30-2006, 10:24 AM
Watched the tape of it tonight and really enjoyed it. I was pretty surprised to see Nathan's brother flying to rescue him! I do hope that Nathan has the powers too as his brother seems like a completely selfish schmuck. I am curious to see if Suresh has any sort of powers or if he's just purely in it for the knowledge.

I'll definately be setting my VCR for next week! :crazed:

JediTricks
09-30-2006, 11:06 PM
I suspect he won't be able to fly, his power will just be that he has some sort of telepathy, starting first with his connection to his brother.

El Chuxter
10-01-2006, 10:52 PM
Or it could be a power to be so extremely long in the setup that the story is totally lost? :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Or it could be a power to be so extremely long in the setup that the story is totally lost? :)

I think we know Chuxter's superhero ability: being a negative nancy. :crazed:

Dar' Argol
10-02-2006, 09:06 PM
I suspect he won't be able to fly, his power will just be that he has some sort of telepathy, starting first with his connection to his brother.

Well, that's been explained. I won't go into it too far for our west coast buddies, but once again I was impressed! Can't wait for the next one, and I'll comment more later.

pegger
10-02-2006, 09:10 PM
Excellent show tonight. Finally they bring the cop in too!!! I think his power is neat.

This show is impressing me so far.

El Chuxter
10-02-2006, 11:04 PM
I think we know Chuxter's superhero ability: being a negative nancy. :crazed:

But my name isn't Nancy...?

Maybe when you cut out TV almost entirely, it takes a lot more to impress you? I dunno. I'm not trying to be overly critical or anything, but this show lacked that special something. They always teach you in writing classes that you have to grab the reader's/audience's attention within a few seconds or lines. The end credits rolled on Heroes and I still didn't feel "grabbed."

Then again, thinking over the long list of "live action superhero shows that didn't suck": Batman (though it was hella corny), The Adventures of Superman, The Flash, The Tick. . . . What, like 5% of all live action superhero shows didn't suck? Not a great track record overall.

Kidhuman
10-03-2006, 06:09 AM

Wrong JT, he can fly.

Awesome show last night, I loved the cop being brought in. The Chinese kid in the future was odd, and going back. Took me by suprise. The stripper still has me perplexed on what she does. &

BanthaPoodoo
10-03-2006, 03:54 PM
The stripper still has me perplexed on what she does.

I don't really care what she does, Ali Larter is fine!!!!

Be glad when they explain her power a little better though, what she is she like a narcoleptic? Out of it for 4 hours watching the video... Kills all those guys falls asleep!

Maybe thats her power, narcolepsy.

pegger
10-03-2006, 04:10 PM
Check out the nbc site - there is an "on-line" comic book...and it ties into the show (it terms of giving extra info).

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/

Phantom-like Menace
10-03-2006, 05:11 PM
The Chinese kid in the future was odd, and going back.

nihonjin da yo. He's Japanese!

And he's the best part of the show by far. He was cracking me up. The Vulcan hand gesture was great. And I didn't remotely see the time travel coming, and even then I didn't suspect the A bomb or whatever that was that he would have to go back and stop. Good stuff. That impressed me far more than the first episode.

Rocketboy
10-04-2006, 12:11 AM
Well, I missed the second episode. Looks like I could be done.
*sigh*

Kidhuman
10-04-2006, 07:50 AM
You can actually go to the link Pegger posted and DL the epsiode if ya want.

Isobars&

JEDIpartner
10-04-2006, 09:55 AM
Wrong JT, he can fly.

TV Guide revealed that he is a superpower chameleon and takes on the powers of other people in his presence.

Kidhuman
10-04-2006, 01:20 PM
Oh, even better. & Isobars

JediTricks
10-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Well, that's been explained. I won't go into it too far for our west coast buddies, but once again I was impressed! Can't wait for the next one, and I'll comment more later.
I was glad to see I was wrong on that, especially since we now have a telepathic guy in the awesome Greg Grunberg. I thought this episode was stronger in many ways than the first episode, and that ending was fantastic - I just hope they don't cop out with Hiro.

Hiro's watch having english characters for the time and date was kinda dopey, but it sold the idea that he's really time-space-travelling and not just blacking out on a trip to New York.

KH, he's Japanese, not Chinese.

I think the stripper-mom goes Incredible Hulk without the green and shape-shifting, the alternate personality takes over and is super strong and pragmatic about killin'. The stuff with the map and the car felt a little contrived though, I could see the alternate personality cleaning up the garage but all that rube goldbergian setup afterwards was just dopey. So did she kill the guy in the ground too?

JP, that's kinda interesting, but then whose power was he aping when he was talking about having tele-empathy?

Phantom-like Menace
10-04-2006, 05:43 PM
Hiro's watch having english characters for the time and date was kinda dopey, but it sold the idea that he's really time-space-travelling and not just blacking out on a trip to New York.

Actually, the Japanese use Arabic numerals in many contexts, especially in technology. Sometimes, the Japanese just find Chinese characters unnecessarily clumsy. I'm not sure about the m that preceded the number 10, since I figure that stands for the English word month. The Japanese word for month certainly doesn't start with an m even if they decided to ues the Latin alphabet.

JediTricks
10-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Actually, the Japanese use Arabic numerals in many contexts, especially in technology. Sometimes, the Japanese just find Chinese characters unnecessarily clumsy. I'm not sure about the m that preceded the number 10, since I figure that stands for the English word month. The Japanese word for month certainly doesn't start with an m even if they decided to ues the Latin alphabet.It didn't have an "M", it said "OCT", that's specifically what I was talking about.

Dar' Argol
10-05-2006, 08:04 PM
I don't really care what she does, Ali Larter is fine!!!!

Be glad when they explain her power a little better though, what she is she like a narcoleptic? Out of it for 4 hours watching the video... Kills all those guys falls asleep!

Maybe thats her power, narcolepsy.

The best explination that I have heard so far, and it was from the show creator during the fist show live blog, was she's got a Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde syndrome. Now how exactly that plays out, I don't know.

This show for me was better because I was not bombarded with comercials that practically gave away the whole show. I did not see Hiro being 5 weeks in the future comming . . . nor did I see the artist with half a head comming either! This has definitly peaked my interest and I cannot wait to see where this goes . . . .

The cop was great too, but the blonde that arrested him . . I've seen her before, and I cannot remember where . . anyone know who she is???

JediTricks
10-06-2006, 03:38 PM
I didn't notice the FBI woman enough to remember her unfortunately or I'd look her up.

The artist guy wasn't the first brain-scoop victim, the cop was at the crime scene of another one and they mentioned a 3rd, so I guess it's a superhero-targeting serial killer, maybe part of the bad guy's organization.

You're right, having the whole episode not given away by the ads made a huge difference.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Finally got around to watching episode 2 and really enjoyed it. I was kinda shocked to see the officer get arrested. I think once they slapped the cuffs on, he'd be like, "alright, F this, think any thought and i'll read your mind! Don't really feel like gettin' arrested!"

and is anybody else kinda shocked at how GRAPHIC the show is?!?! I'm not offended by any means, but Jesus! That lady was practically Passion-ed up on the stairs, the dad was frozen with his head lobbed off and that artist dude had his head lobbed off as well! Go NBC for not shorting us with the gore! :crazed:

I was pretty shocked to see Hiro actually 5 weeks into the future, and right in the middle of an A-bomb detonation; talk about bad timing! and i'm still confused on what Ali's power is, although I do agree it's very Hulkish in its strength.

can't wait for episode 3 on monday! :thumbsup:

Phantom-like Menace
10-07-2006, 10:46 PM
It didn't have an "M", it said "OCT", that's specifically what I was talking about.

*thinks to self* I'll take your word for it. I've missed crazier things. I remembered the first part of the date on his watch saying m10 and then I didn't pay attention past that to the day (which I would then have assumed was d2, a format which would also buck Japanese format which would be day/month/year, not month/day/year). I've got it recorded for friends to watch tomorrow, so I'll give you my official concession at that time. They'll probably make cracks about my adled mind for you, so don't worry.:yes:

General_Grievous
10-08-2006, 09:38 PM
I caught the second ep. I liked what I saw. A lot. The most appealing characters to me are the Japanese kid, the cheerleader :love:, the single mom :love: :love: , and the cop. I'll definitely be tuning in on Monday. BTW, is the pilot available on iTunes or anywhere else on the web, or will I have to wait until it's rerun?

Kidhuman
10-09-2006, 12:01 AM
There is a link that pegger put up that has all the epsiodes on it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-09-2006, 09:22 AM
Here's a random fun fact: the guy who plays Hiro on the show, works for ILM from time to time and did digital work on all three SW prequels, War of the Worlds, T3, Hulk, and POTC: DMC. According to IMDB, he's been in the acting business for a quite a while too doing many TV shows, etc. Kinda random how things work out, eh?

I'll miss tonights episode cos my VCR/DVD player won't effin' record, but that's why Jesus created Bit Torrent. :crazed: Should be interesting to see this starting to come together towards the bomb plot. :thumbsup:

Dar' Argol
10-09-2006, 08:20 PM
WOWIE!!! That's ll I can say right now . . . WOWIE! I am hooked . . from here to the end I am hooked!!! I cannot wait till next week . . . .this is getting good. I have some observations I will save for later sans our West Coast Crew!! Enjoy guys!!!

General_Grievous
10-09-2006, 10:14 PM
WOWIE!!! That's ll I can say right now . . . WOWIE! I am hooked . . from here to the end I am hooked!!! I cannot wait till next week . . . .this is getting good. I have some observations I will save for later sans our West Coast Crew!! Enjoy guys!!!

What he said. And that last shot of the cheerleader really freaked the crap out of me. Don't know how she's gonna get outta this one. And what's the deal with Mohinder? I think he has an undiscovered power.

Kidhuman
10-10-2006, 06:08 AM
Well, it will be interesting ot see how Claire gets out of her mess. Chopped up on an autopsy table. And why, wasnt cause of death known??? I wonder who Sylar is? I dont think it was the black guy we saw take the cop and I dont think its Claires dad either.

pegger
10-10-2006, 12:18 PM
I thought it was interesting that she could be killed!!! Stick a root into her head, and she's out!!!

Plus - Sylar got some scary powers too!!! Or the guy the cop shot does anyways.

This show is getting really good. Hope it doesn't get cancelled....

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Holy S---! That ending BLEW MY FREAKIN' MIND. Awesome, simply awesome.

Great episode. I loved every minute of it. Surresh i agree has something going on with him, but I almost picture him as an Xavier character, being the organizer and leader of this group. Hiro is fantastic and I loved how he finally proved to his buddy he has powers and seeing his buddy have to deal with that sleeping woman was HYSTERICAL.

and as for Peter, I hope he gets his act together. Although, I did love the moment when that chubby little runt who was wearing a cape was watching. Just great moments like this keep this show strong.

but that ending: JESUS! Awesome.

and pegger, don't worry, ratings are going strong and NBC has given us a full season. Here is an article from today's Variety about the show:

Heroes Ratings are Rockin'
Source: Variety
October 10, 2006

Variety reports that NBC's Heroes (was last night the best episode yet, or what?) is rockin' in the ratings:

NBC's "Heroes" is looking like the fall's hottest new show after winning its time period Monday in key demos for a third straight week and matching its strong premiere score of two weeks ago, according to preliminary affiliate-based nationals from Nielsen.

After "Deal or No Deal" delivered stronger than usual numbers to open the night for NBC (4.4/12 in 18-49, 15.2 million viewers overall), "Heroes" (5.9/14 in 18-49, 13.3 million viewers overall) beat all of its broadcast rivals and notched the highest demo rating for any rookie series in the past two weeks. Net's momentum on the night also transferred to 10 o'clock, where "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" (3.8/9 in 18-49, 8.8 million viewers overall) was up 12% week to week. "

CANNOT wait till next week! :thumbsup:

pegger
10-10-2006, 02:14 PM
and pegger, don't worry, ratings are going strong and NBC has given us a full season.

Not worried - just given the spat of cancellations already - Smith, Vanished, Kidnapped, don't remember how many other's are already cancelled (and they just started!!!)

pegger
10-10-2006, 02:15 PM
PS - check out the comic for this week! Pretty interesting stuff a-coming....

JediTricks
10-10-2006, 02:28 PM
A pretty good episode, I didn't expect Claire to be temporarily "killed" by something impailing her brain, it didn't feel consistant with her powers shown before. I get the feeling as long as her body survives in any state, she can reconstitute, so that root would eventually rot away to a smaller size and she'd recover. I don't buy that she's killed and the guy who did it didn't get busted though. I picture her just running out of the morgue, pretending it never happened, then avenging herself - maybe adoptive daddy will kill any witnesses. :p

Hiro's phone call to the artist was stupid as hell, he really expects the guy to speak Japanese??? Also, Hiro's insistance at renting a Nissan Versa was lame product placement, and the motivation behind it doesn't seem like something he'd do after knowing he can change time, he isn't bound by the comic to drive across country.

Mohinder getting the cops to come to Sylar's pad kinda bummed me out, a lot of stories make this mistake, why would Mohinder leave the place and give Sylar time to clean it out when he could just use a cellphone and stay there? He's friggin' armed even!

Why would Matt the cop get his gun back in the FBI facility? Even if they cleared him of the charges, his gun wouldn still be locked up somewhere.

All in all though, a fairly entertaining episode and it continues to build anticipation.

pegger
10-10-2006, 03:40 PM
Why would Matt the cop get his gun back in the FBI facility? Even if they cleared him of the charges, his gun wouldn still be locked up somewhere.

I thought he took the gun from the dead guard - the one hanging from the pipes?

BTW - His wife is a b****. I thought it was funny when he read her mind - and agreed with her and left.

Speaking of wives, my wife is really getting into this show too, and she's not a sci-fi/fantasy fan.

Daz
10-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Heres my theory for what its worth and I know this is all pretty obvious but I'll put it out there anyway I think our heroes are god/natures reaction to Sylar (patient zero) who seems to posseses some if not all of their powers and only through joining together can they defeat him, hence his attempt to find them first .

What about his telekenesis you may say none of our heroes have manifested that power well there's still the kid to consider we know he's gifted ,how gifted we don't know yet.

Kidhuman
10-10-2006, 09:55 PM
I am betting the girl helping Mohindar is on the evil side.

&Isobars

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-10-2006, 09:59 PM

I kinda got that vibe too. When they went back to Syler's apartment and it was empty, her facial expression kind of gave me an "Eh, what can ya do?" sorta feel versus being upset. I don't trust her.

JediTricks
10-11-2006, 02:58 PM
I thought he took the gun from the dead guard - the one hanging from the pipes? If that's the case, I definitely missed it.

BTW - His wife is a b****. I thought it was funny when he read her mind - and agreed with her and left.Yeah, it's not usual to see a guy recognize that no matter how hot his wife is, there are some things he can't put up with - usually TV shows just have the guy behave like having a hot wife is all he needs to stick around.

I am betting the girl helping Mohindar is on the evil side. Yeah, she's cute and friendly and convenient right when he was distracted by badguys.

Kidhuman
10-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Well, a decent epsiode overall. I like how Claire got out of the mess. I cant await next weeks episode. The ending this week was awesome. I am trying not to give spoilers for the West Coatsers, will explain more tomorrow.

Phantom-like Menace
10-17-2006, 06:58 AM
I won't go too much into the latest episode until some other people start talking about it, but did you see Hiro at the end had a katana on hsi back! I'm sure some will complain, but I can always be sold on a katana.

Blue2th
10-17-2006, 07:31 AM
So I wonder how the Cheerleader is going to get out of the predicament of crashing the car to kill the football player rapist without ending up on the autopsy table again? If she dissapears her fingerprints are on the steering wheel. I didn't remember to see if she was wearing gloves.

LTBasker
10-17-2006, 10:31 AM
I imagine if the quarterback guy didn't get horribly squashed then she could scoot him over to the driver's side to make it look like he was just being a moron.

What I find most interesting about her scene though is that Isaac had drawn her being attacked in that large room and it led me to believe that the quarterback would attack her again. However, when she was in that room and he appeared at the door...no attack happened. So someone else attacks her. :eek:

Hero-Hiro from the future was awesome, I hope we get to see that development!

JediTricks
10-17-2006, 02:39 PM
That ending was awesome, Hiro speaking clean English, wearing a sword, looking all tough, mentioning that Peter will have a scar... that was fantastic! This episode had its ups and downs for me, but at the end a lot worked out great which made me happy.

Claire (the cheerleader) should be all twisted up in the wreckage as much as the quarterback, if she regains conciousness quickly she'd have trouble tearing herself out of the car and probably leave blood behind (she left blood behind at the morgue as well) so it could be tested for DNA, fingerprints she could just say she had driven the car days before or something.

Claire's 2 big scenes were good but flawed, when we got a closer look at her open chest the bones were moving because they were a rubber suit, they should have made a mannequin body instead and had her lay under that, it would have worked better. At the end, her shifting the car was all wrong and the sound effects had her shifting even more, probably a dozen times or so on a 5-speed transmission. :p

Issac's painting of Claire immediately suggested to me that she is back in the cement auditorium at school and being chased by her adoptive father, the silhouette just suggested that very strongly, it could be cheaper and be Sylar though.

Hiro & his buddy were cheating at the Montecito hotel casino, which is the fictional hotel on another NBC show - Las Vegas - that has had several cross-over episodes with NBC's "Crossing Jordan" which was created by Tim Kring, the creator of "Heroes".... coincidence? Probably not. ;)

El Chuxter
10-17-2006, 03:15 PM
I missed this one. Out of curiosity, did future Hiro mention that the Sentinels would wipe everyone out? :p

sith_killer_99
10-17-2006, 03:33 PM
I missed this one. Out of curiosity, did future Hiro mention that the Sentinels would wipe everyone out?

Actually it cut out with Hiro saying "I have a message for you.":mad:

Dar' Argol
10-17-2006, 04:03 PM
That was AWESOME!!!!! I don't get into over analyzing things, I just like to watch it. The Future Hiro was awesome!! I can't wait to see more of that. And just how far in the future is he from?? His english is perfect, his look is different, and Peter has a scar??? That takes a bit for a wound to become a scar. I also like that Peter's powers have been more defined. He's like a Rouge without the draw backs.

I like how Claire just casually folded her skin back like it was a button up blouse. And wh didn't the coroner look around a bit more. My first reaction would have been to look around.

I liked that hey actually showed Issac and his power. Good to see its not just a drug induced trip. It was kinda cool to see the image and then him painting over it.

And what's up with the black guy? Is he kinda like a Leech???

This series is awesome and I cannot wait to see where this leads . .. . Arg . . I have to wait another week.

Phantom-like Menace
10-17-2006, 11:29 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one to immediately think of Days of Future Past and all of that future X-Men stuff. Even without the comic book context, that was immediately what came to mind.

I made the comment to a friend that this show shouldn't be called Heroes in the plural, it should be called Hiro in the singular. He really makes the show for me. And again, I can't describe how psyched I am that Future Hiro is armed with a katana, though he also seems to have tweaked his powers to where was able to stop time for everyone but himself and Peter. As cool as it is to think Hiro becomes a badass in the future, I would almost rather we find out he's still Knocked-out-in-one-punch Hiro. That would just make the katana even better in my opinion: "Wow, can you use that?" "Um, not really, but it's cool!"

I'm a little surprised they had the two of them switch cards in the middle of the game. That just seems a little too obvious. They could have easily come up with a better way to do it than something that obviously fishy.

That takes a bit for a wound to become a scar.

I can't imagine Hiro meets Peter any more than a couple of weeks in story time from where they are now, so either future Hiro has known him so long he is just used to the scar to the point where he has momentary trouble recognizing him, or Future Hiro's here to prevent a situation where he and Peter don't meet until much later (possibly a situation in which he gets scarred), or three he's just not using English that precisely. It's easy enough to imagine anyone--not just someone speaking English as a second language--referring to an incompletely healed (or even completely unhealed) injury as a scar.

pegger
10-18-2006, 06:41 AM
though he also seems to have tweaked his powers to where was able to stop time for everyone but himself and Peter.

I think Peter is a "power leach" - kinda like Rouge - but without having to touch someone. So Peter would have stopped time by himself. So both Hiro and Peter stepped out of time to talk - I don't think Hiro did it.

The Katana was cool...

I liked the part in Vegas, where Hiro's buddy tells the guiy how strong Hiro is - and he just sucker punches him once and drops him....

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-18-2006, 09:36 AM
I liked the part in Vegas, where Hiro's buddy tells the guiy how strong Hiro is - and he just sucker punches him once and drops him....

Holy crap that part was HYSTERICAL. My Dad & I couldn't stop laughing. :thumbsup:

Overall, I enjoyed the episode. I am happy that these people are finally finding each other and we can get the plot along. I was curious though as on my TV Guide info it said, "Surresh meets a genetically engineered Superman." Am I to think that it would mean Peter? I wasn't sure.

And i loved the part with Claire owning that QB. Props to her cos that dude was an effin' bastid! :thumbsup:

Still not sure what Glasses Man & his sidekick are doing though. I am hoping Matt is okay, but he's one of the Heroes, he has to still have his power! :lipsrsealed:

General_Grievous
10-18-2006, 08:24 PM
Good ep. How hot was Nikki's striptease? ;) And seeing future Hiro was awesome.

sith_killer_99
10-18-2006, 08:33 PM
How hot was Nikki's striptease?

Ssssmokin'!

Ali Larter is way hot!

sith_killer_99
10-23-2006, 09:02 PM
WOW, I am sooooo hooked!

This show keeps getting better and better. They just keep reeling me in!

It looks like our flyer can break the sound barrier!

I love the way they connect everything, everyone.:thumbsup:

Kidhuman
10-23-2006, 09:31 PM
It was a great episode tonight. I loved it. I love how Peter sucked his power and completed his task.

sith_killer_99
10-23-2006, 09:38 PM
The blackmail thing didn't quite go down like I thought it would...

Two million buys you a candidate. Four million buys a congressman in your pocket!

WOW!!!:eek:

Kidhuman
10-23-2006, 09:57 PM
Quick Question:

Nikkis hubby isnt the dude running around with Claires dad is he?

sith_killer_99
10-23-2006, 10:18 PM
Nope TV Guide says D.L. Hawkins makes his debut in the OCT 23rd episode, so tonight was his first appearance on screen.

I wasn't sure at first either, but, it appears there will be 2 bald black guys with super powers in this series.:yes:

Has anyone else read the article(s) in TV Guide. Heroes is getting a LOT of coverage. It looks like NBC has found a HUGE hit with this one!:D

figrin bran
10-24-2006, 12:53 AM
Quick Question:

Nikkis hubby isnt the dude running around with Claires dad is he?

all this time i've been thinking that they're one in the same but now i guess they're not (?)

JEDIpartner
10-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Hiro reminds me of my Aunt Seiko. They have similar silly mannerisms and demeanors. :)

JediTricks
10-24-2006, 02:30 PM
Great episode last night, one of the few times in recent history where TV has left me smiling. Even the bad guy did something worth cheering for! I was disappointed that Mohinder copped out so early, but everybody else had so much to do that I was still happy. Nathan Petrelli taking off totally kicked ***, and Hiro's "up, up and away" comment to him was awesome. And even though it didn't end in the biggest "holy crap" way the others have, this one's ending still left me feeling like I needed to see more right away.

Between Heroes & Studio 60, Monday is fast becoming my favorite TV night.

General_Grievous
10-24-2006, 06:07 PM
A great episode, not much else I can say except "Waffles! Woo Hoo!"

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-24-2006, 07:31 PM
A great episode, not much else I can say except "Waffles! Woo Hoo!"

That KILLED me. That and Hiro's comment about "The Dark Side." God, this show is fantastic. It's FINALLY starting to wind together. And i was cheering for Claire's dad in this one. The actor who plays him is fantastic. He's so sincere and yet such a sinister dude! :thumbsup:

sith_killer_99
10-24-2006, 08:30 PM
And i was cheering for Claire's dad in this one. The actor who plays him is fantastic. He's so sincere and yet such a sinister dude!

Yeah, that totally rocked! Jack Coleman is a teriffic actor, I guess he's best known for his work in Dynasty back in the 80's, he was also in Kingdom Hospital.

BTW, actor Jimmy Jean-Louis = Mysterious Man (hangs out with Mr. Bennet) and actor Leonard Roberts = D.L. Hawkins (Niki's Hubby).:Pirate:

Kidhuman
10-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Thanks for clearing that up SK

sith_killer_99
10-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Yeah, I lukt it up cuz I m sew kewl...:D Oooops that's another thread. LOL

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-24-2006, 11:13 PM
stole this from comingsoon.net who took it from Variety:

According to preliminary nationals from Nielsen, "Heroes" (6.2 rating/15 share in adults 18-49, 14.3 million viewers overall) was up nearly 10% week to week to log the highest regular-slot 18-49 score for a first-year drama in the past two seasons. It was up a big 55% over NBC's non-sports average in the timeslot last season.

In related news, the Hollywood trade paper says that Jack Coleman, who plays the hit drama's mysterious Mr. Bennet, has been made a series regular. He'll join the series full time in its 11th episode.

Coleman plays the father of Claire Bennet (Hayden Panettiere), the cheerleader at the center of the show's current "Save the Cheerleader" story arc.

The actor's character is also known as "H.R.G." - short for "Horn Rimmed Glasses," a strange figure who is seen kidnapping people (including Greg Grunberg's character, Matt Parkman) and experimenting on them.

good news. :thumbsup:

Phantom-like Menace
10-24-2006, 11:41 PM
It's funny that this show has literally gone from a solid "meh" in the first episode to a solid "yes!" for me inside of so few episodes.

Oddly enough Hiro, though consistently my favorite character, was a little inconsistent in this episode. Some scenes I loved him, others annoyed me a tad. The whole part with Hiro's friend going to see Nikki bothered me, at least as far as him just walking into her home.

Greg Grunberg's character was laying it on a little strong. At some point, "It's like you read my mind" would become, "Um, you read my mind." I wonder if they are going to throw their relationship out of whack again, since reading a person's mind isn't communication, which they seemed to be lacking, and still arguably lack. Either way, even in Alias, Grunberg always seems to come off as such a nice guy that I'm just happy seeing him being a nice guy again.

I wonder if there will be much explanation as to why Peter can use Isaac's power without shooting up with heroine. It was cool how they showed the power manifesting though.

I can't imagine Mohinder won't be back. Not only does he seem like the perfect "Professor X" for this group, but the idea mentioned here that the little brunette is one of the bad guys is just too good not to be likely. That revelation--if true--would need Mohinder's reaction to have more impact.

I did find myself cheering for Claire's father when he went after Brody. It's always a great drama that can make you hate and love the bad guys.

I consider myself borderline functionally retarded for not expecting Nikki's husband to have powers. After the cop said he "pulled a Houdini," I should have realized super powers were involved.

Great show!

JEDIpartner
10-25-2006, 11:51 AM
I really enjoy the fact that there are those who are embracing their "gifts" and others who are in complete denial of them. It's rather fun to watch as each person starts to come to terms with their abilities and what their place in the world might be.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-26-2006, 09:29 PM
The first couple of weeks, I taped this show to watch later because I was watching Vanished. I goofed up recording the first episode, but caught the repeat. For those that miss it on Monday, Sci-Fi channel has been replaying it on Friday.

Overall, I really like the show. Glad to see it is doing well so that it will be around to watch.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-31-2006, 01:47 PM
alright, last night's show was another great one. Highlights:

- HRG and his comment when he's listening in on Claire and the "Bio Parents."
"Do you really think you should be eavesdropping?"
".................................................. ...yes."

As evil and mysterious as he is, i love the character.

- Hiro and his giddiness about the sword. And then the lightsaber sound effects, holy god, great.

- also, i did like Hiro and his issue with not saving the men at the poker game. It was great to see Ando picking him up and kicking him along his path. Very "Spider-Man" esque of messing up that first chance.

- Clarie and her meeting with her real parents was interesting, but i loved how her and Zach were mildly flirting. That was beyond adorable.

- And i called it! I called it! Eden being a traitor to Surresh and bam, she is! When i saw this, I yelled, "That Mac n' cheese serving wh-re!" So, my buddy and i refer to has the "MNCSW" thus standing for "Mac n' Cheese serving wh-re!"

- and Nikki getting owned by her husband; that was nuts. I hope Ali is canned cos....well, she's hot and i want her to break more people in half.

- looks like Isaac might be in trouble too; MNCSW! is at his doorstep. No!

preview for next week look good too; people start meeting and things start going down! woo woo!

I think that's it for now. and i read that Tim Kring has the show mapped out for 5 seasons. That makes me feel good. :crazed:

General_Grievous
10-31-2006, 02:54 PM
This show is getting really good. I think Nikki's husband is a good guy, even though he kinda wailed on her at the end there.

I have a theory on Claire's parents. I don't think those were her real biological parents that came to visit. I believe her adoptive father killed her real parents because they had superpowers. He took her in and raised her (possibly for research or experimentation). He just hired fake "biological" parents to keep Claire in the dark about her real parentage.

Dar' Argol
10-31-2006, 04:57 PM
Holy Heroes!!!! That was a great episode. and next weeks is looking like its going to be better!!!

Hiro is definitly a favorite. I think more then anything else is because he reacts like any of us would in that situation . . . . and the whole sword thing was hilarious.

I liked seeing Nikki argue with herself . . . seeing the relization of what is going on. My only thing is there better be more to her power because just having a split personality that is a bit stronger then you normally are is not a super-power . . . that just called "not taking the right drugs yet".

And those "bio-parents" were not her real parents. That was very evident when the "dad" told HRG if he needed anything else just let him know. But I now think that Claire knows that her dad knows something . . . .

And Eden . . that little skank, leaking all that info to HRG . . . dang her!!! I knew I didn't like her . . . I couldn't put my finger on it, but once I did I knew I needed to wash it . . . .

Next week looks like a lots gonna happen . . . . I can't wait!!!

JediTricks
10-31-2006, 05:16 PM
I sorta hated the pacing in this one, it just felt off to me, the payoffs were good but the getting there felt like it was edited too heavily to 1 storyline and just couldn't keep its timing right with the others. I knew it was going to be Nikki who trashed that card game, maybe fate is what stopped Hiro from saving those guys from her.

I read an interview with one of the head writers on the show, he made an interesting point about how these are just regular people with superpowers, specifically that there was a metaphor in the single mom stretched so thin she needs 2 of herself, a teenager who acts like she's indestructible, stuff like that.

- Hiro and his giddiness about the sword. And then the lightsaber sound effects, holy god, great.Yeah, that was one I really enjoyed.

- also, i did like Hiro and his issue with not saving the men at the poker game. It was great to see Ando picking him up and kicking him along his path. Very "Spider-Man" esque of messing up that first chance.Good perspective on that!

- Clarie and her meeting with her real parents was interesting, but i loved how her and Zach were mildly flirting. That was beyond adorable.I doubt they were her real parents.

- And i called it! I called it! Eden being a traitor to Surresh and bam, she is! When i saw this, I yelled, "That Mac n' cheese serving wh-re!" So, my buddy and i refer to has the "MNCSW" thus standing for "Mac n' Cheese serving wh-re!"Dude, we ALL called it.

preview for next week look good too; people start meeting and things start going down! woo woo! START meeting?!? :p

This show is getting really good. I think Nikki's husband is a good guy, even though he kinda wailed on her at the end there.Yeah, but she totally deserved it, she hit him so hard with that case that if it were real life his head would have come completely off, he certainly wouldn't be back up and around in 30 seconds.

And Eden . . that little skank, leaking all that info to HRG . . . dang her!!! I knew I didn't like her . . . I couldn't put my finger on it, but once I did I knew I needed to wash it . . . . Ok, I guess not ALL of us called it, but a lot of us did. :p

Kidhuman
10-31-2006, 08:58 PM

&Isobars

I kinda got that vibe too. When they went back to Syler's apartment and it was empty, her facial expression kind of gave me an "Eh, what can ya do?" sorta feel versus being upset. I don't trust her.

- And i called it! I called it! Eden being a traitor to Surresh and bam, she is! When i saw this, I yelled, "That Mac n' cheese serving wh-re!" So, my buddy and i refer to has the "MNCSW" thus standing for "Mac n' Cheese serving wh-re!"[/QUOTE]

I think you followed the lead on that one old chum :p

Great eppisode. I didnt think Nikki would turn out to be a bad guy. Her talking to herself in the mirror reminded me alot of Gollum and Smegal talking in TTT.

JT, I dont think they were her real parents either.

dindae
11-03-2006, 03:43 PM
I love this show.

I wanted to ask if anyone else noticed that the symbol on Nikki's shoulder appears elsewhere. I can't recall which episode but there was a fountain in that shape in front of a building that I believe HRG was walking into.

Also I think Sylar took the info on how to find the "mutants" and is tracking them down to still their brains. Then somehow absorbs their powers to use for himself. I believe he is the one that is in the picture haunting the cheerleader because taking "save the cheerleader, save the world". If Sylar is to gain her power on top of the powers he already has he would become unstoppable. That's just my take.

The kid I believe has some form of techno power from what I can see or he is just uber intelligent.

My favorite moment so far was Hiro coming back from the future. The fact that he had a sword made perfect sense to me since using any type of projectile would depend on his ability to thrust it which isn't going to be that much.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-03-2006, 09:00 PM
I appear to have missed what HRG stands for.

figrin bran
11-03-2006, 09:47 PM
HRG = horn rimmed glasses aka Claire's dad.

dindae, that symbol on Niki has appeared many, many other places...some of Isaac's painting, for instance. in one of Claire's textbooks.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-03-2006, 09:49 PM
I appear to have missed what HRG stands for.

"Horn-Rimmed Glasses" meaning Claires dad. It was just a nickname the producers had given him before making him a regular. :thumbsup:

There is some info on the Symbol that was on Nikki's shoulder. It has appeared many times in the show, such as in Sylar's apartment, on Claires geometry book, etc. There is a list of them at the Heroes wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_tv_show

:bandit:

dindae
11-04-2006, 08:31 AM
dindae, that symbol on Niki has appeared many, many other places...some of Isaac's painting, for instance. in one of Claire's textbooks.

yeah I knew it was in a bunch of places but not having written them down I could remeber any of them clearly.

figrin bran
11-07-2006, 01:50 AM
at least we know what micah's powers are. i don't know what you'd call it, maybe "technokinesis"???

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-07-2006, 12:19 PM
at least we know what micah's powers are. i don't know what you'd call it, maybe "technokinesis"???

Yeah, it looks like it. My buddy said it reminds him of the X-Man, Forge.

And i'm curious that they're playing this angle for next week about HRG: which side is this guy really guy? Makes me wonder if we've been wrong about ole' HRG and maybe he's a good guy..........................errrr probably not. :thumbsup:

Pretty decent episode, not one of the better ones, IMHO. Not much really happened. I did like Peter trying to bail out his big brother, even though Nathan is a complete a-hole. I did love the little comment Hiro made to Micah about, "Don't worry, I'll help them" or whatever.

It was also crazy to see Matt using his power to calm down that one Radioactive Man ("up n' atom!"). WTF is that guys deal?!? and his buddy nailing his wife, man that was a bit shocking.

next week should be delightful! :love:

Dar' Argol
11-07-2006, 03:36 PM
I noticed that that weird symbol on Nikki only appears when she is "Jessica" . . . it was also on the outer pages of the book Surresh's father wrote, in the program he developed to find the other hero's . . if you watched the numbers and such pass by on the laptop and looked at it like a Matrix code the you saw it . . . I'm interested to see exactly what it means . . and did you see the cop getting a mark as well before he punched his partner out???

I think the better term for Micah is a Technopath or Cyberpath . . Actually Wikipedia has Micah listed under that . . . Check it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technopath) . . .

JediTricks
11-07-2006, 07:17 PM
This ep wasn't quite working for me until the car that pulled up behind DL & Micah turned out to be Hiro and Ando, then it got good enough. I loved Hiro complaining about moving them out of the way of the blast, and Nathan pointing out his power doesn't really have any major advantages - though he could be an awesome messenger service. :D Did anybody else feel like Micah already knew about Nikki & Jessica during that phone call?

Mad Slanted Powers
11-07-2006, 08:25 PM
D Did anybody else feel like Micah already knew about Nikki & Jessica during that phone call?Yes, because he was talking to her and then asked to talk to his mom once he got a feeling something wasn't right with her.

General_Grievous
11-07-2006, 09:34 PM
I'm starting to like Kitty Pry-I mean, D.L. All he's trying to do is protect Micah. And I think I'm getting a crush on Claire. She's a lil' cutie, ain't she? :love:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-07-2006, 10:07 PM
I'm starting to like Kitty Pry-I mean, D.L. All he's trying to do is protect Micah. And I think I'm getting a crush on Claire. She's a lil' cutie, ain't she? :love:

Dude, no! Jail Bait! Jail Bait! :thumbsup:

I did tell my buddy that if i had a superhero power, it would be to make Claire legal. :whip:

I feel so dirty now, so horrible, and so wrong. Now i know what Tycho feels like. :crazed:

Mad Slanted Powers
11-08-2006, 12:39 AM
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

Phantom-like Menace
11-08-2006, 01:41 AM
I loved Hiro complaining about moving them out of the way of the blast, and Nathan pointing out his power doesn't really have any major advantages - though he could be an awesome messenger service.

You nailed every comment I made on the episode right there, right down to the messenger service.

As for Claire . . . yeah . . . bit of a cutie there. The General Grievous/Jedi_Master_Guyute exchange had me cackling. According to IMDB anyone who feels dirty only has to feel dirty for another year. She's also 5'1". I do like short women. I didn't realize she was the girl in Remember the Titans. And one final thought on Claire: Just how many cheerleader outfits does she have?

figrin bran
11-08-2006, 02:00 AM
not even a year but 10 more months before she is legal

darthvyn
11-08-2006, 12:21 PM
HRG = horn rimmed glasses aka Claire's dad.

it was also a pattern in the "matrix code" on the computer when mohinder was looking through his dad's research.

General_Grievous
11-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Dude, no! Jail Bait! Jail Bait! :thumbsup:
Well, technically, but then again, I am only 13 months older than her, so let me ogle. :p

pegger
11-13-2006, 08:07 AM
Hey guys - need some help - I've been travelling for 3 weeks, and missed the past few episodes...last ep I saw was when Claire drove the car into the wall....

I tried watching the ep's on nbc.com - but because I live in Canada I'm not "allowed" to get the feeds (what the hell???)

Can someone give me a brief synopsis before tonight? I've tried reading the posts - but we kinda ramble, you know....

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-13-2006, 09:18 AM
Mr. Brent- I mean, peggers, here are links to the episode summaries from Wikipedia. Since the last episode you saw was Claire driving into the wall, you'ev missed three episodes. Links to each episode's guide follow:

Hiros- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiros
Better Halves- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_Halves_%28Heroes_episode%29
Nothing to Hide- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_to_Hide_%28Heroes_episode%29

Hope this helsp! :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
11-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Great show tonight. I was surprised with the lack of "heroes" in the show, but it made up for it with the story line. Giving the cop some face time is a good thing. Next week appears to be a good one, just hope they don't leave it hanging for a few weeks with the Holiday season coming up.

figrin bran
11-14-2006, 11:25 AM
the waitress was quite a cutie!

save the waitress, save the world! ;)

i'm not sure if anyone has called this yet but i'll bet sylar is coming after the other cheerleader, not claire, i think jackie was her name? and so it isn't claire in isaac's paintings nor is she the cheerleader that needs to be saved.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-14-2006, 12:19 PM
Yeah, this was a great episode. I was pretty psyched when Matt and that one bearded guy (Jerr Bear?- whatever) had the same symbol on their necks. I have a feeling that he's going to bump into matt now that he's on the run.

The more i look at it, the more i'm thinking that HRG might be sort of a good guy. I want to trust him as it is obvious he DOES love/care about Claire, but I don't get his intentions! He said they were trying to track/monitor them, and that would make sense as mad could read minds, he gets picked up and now has the mark. I'm wondering why Jerr Bear didn't get powers until he got picked up. and his power is crazy. You'd never have to buy a grill or stove again! :thumbsup:

I am curious to see where Mohinders journey will take him. That little kid is creeping me out. He's like a mix between Haley Joel osmond and that cat kid from the Grudge.

Next week looks pretty intense: from a few blips, it looks like it's Peter who is trying to lead Claire to safety and Claire is getting tossed into a locker at one point. Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GqsC7XgDsE

and KH, I found this on @9th wonders. Talks about the holiday break; we still have a few weeks left! It was an interview with........the caterer? i dunno, just read!

The first half of the season ends on December 4th. How long will viewers have to wait until new episodes are aired? When in January will be you starting up again? And will it be non-stop, or will there be another break?

The plan is to go out on December 4th with our 11th episode (cliffhangers, of course). Then 7 more in a row beginning in late January. Then finish the season with a 5 episode freight train to the end of the season. We know as viewers that that is extremely important to have those kinds of runs to keep you in the story and cannot praise the powers that be at NBC for making it so viewer friendly.

And how about Hiro getting his mack on.....and then she gets her head diced. Just goes to show you: most geeks will die lonely cos we're not meant to be wed. lol funny...and yet, i want to weep. :p I did love him and that waitress flirting though, that was good stuff. And i really dont' think Ando is going to survive much longer. Just being the sidekick and that'll definately be the event that gets Hiro into gaining better control over his abilities. I hope he lives though, but gut feeling, nerd history, etc, tells me otherwise.

darthvyn
11-14-2006, 01:00 PM
man, my NBC went blank last night just in time for the episode... first one i've missed, and not of my own volition.

dindae
11-14-2006, 01:12 PM
The more i look at it, the more i'm thinking that HRG might be sort of a good guy. I want to trust him as it is obvious he DOES love/care about Claire, but I don't get his intentions! He said they were trying to track/monitor them, and that would make sense as mad could read minds, he gets picked up and now has the mark. I'm wondering why Jerr Bear didn't get powers until he got picked up. and his power is crazy. You'd never have to buy a grill or stove again! :thumbsup:

I am leaning towards Bennett being neutral now. I think there is some honest feelings for Claire but he definately has shown he will do what needs to be done to get the job done. I don't think there is neccesarily any malicious intent in what his group is doing but if the situation calls for it he have an issue get rid of anyone, like Claire's parents.

Next week looks pretty intense: from a few blips, it looks like it's Peter who is trying to lead Claire to safety and Claire is getting tossed into a locker at one point.

Definately looking forward to it ramping up a bit.

And i really dont' think Ando is going to survive much longer. Just being the sidekick and that'll definately be the event that gets Hiro into gaining better control over his abilities. I hope he lives though, but gut feeling, nerd history, etc, tells me otherwise.

I can see that unless they give him some sort of power or starts sleeping with Nikki.

pegger
11-14-2006, 02:16 PM
And i really dont' think Ando is going to survive much longer. Just being the sidekick and that'll definately be the event that gets Hiro into gaining better control over his abilities. I hope he lives though, but gut feeling, nerd history, etc, tells me otherwise.

He might just go back home - remember that when Hiro jumped to the future, Ando was back in Japan...could be they get seperated at some point, and he just goes home.

Thanks for the links to the site as well - man - I missed A LOT!

Kidhuman
11-14-2006, 05:40 PM
man, my NBC went blank last night just in time for the episode... first one i've missed, and not of my own volition.

Not to worry Vyn, Sci-Fi reshows it on Friday nights I believe

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-14-2006, 06:20 PM
Not to worry Vyn, Sci-Fi reshows it on Friday nights I believe

I think it runs on sci-fi on monday nights 8-9 too.

and i was thinking about today: "Heroes" will be up against serious competition in January when "24" comes back to its time slot of 9 pm mondays. In fact, it'll get slaughtered. My guess is that NBC moves it to 8 pm Monday's. I know that when it comes to my fam: myself, dad, and my brother all watch "24" too and with "24" coming back for a 6th season, it definately has a following. God, I hope NBC doesn't screw it up for us. :crazed:

figrin bran
11-15-2006, 02:06 AM
Eden is a jedi! or at least capable of jedi mind tricks - *isaac, you will shoot up*

from the clips, Peter might be trying to lead Claire to safety but i bet you that she ends up saving Peter.

Kidhuman
11-15-2006, 06:29 AM
Peter can save himself around Claire as he absorbs her powers.

dindae
11-15-2006, 07:51 AM
yeah won't Peter be surprised when he discovers Claire's power. On that note, Peter is going to be bad@ss when they all get together.

General_Grievous
11-15-2006, 01:59 PM
It was a great episode. Hiro will definitely save the waitress. What remains to be seen is if he'll save her before the December 4th episode or if we'll have to wait until January. But about old HRG...maybe he isn't such a bad guy. But I knew those folks a couple of eps back weren't Claire's real parents. Can't wait until next week's episode when we can finally stop with that damn "save the cheerleader, save the world" catchphrase.

Phantom-like Menace
11-15-2006, 10:53 PM
I usually view HRG's apparent fondness for Claire to be more of a case of his fondness of his cause of which she is simply a part. I still think he's the big bad. I could be proven wrong, but I don't think he's got any interest but his own in mind.

It seems Mohinder has powers too, or that someone with powers is causing him to witness events he wasn't present to see. I've been figuring we'd see more of Mohinder's father given that Erick Avari seemed like an actor they would do more with rather than just have his face on the back of the book. I also gather Mohinder's sister had powers or at least potential to develop them.

I wonder if they will limit Peter's powers so that he can only use one person's power at a time.

I didn't even recognize Stacy Haiduk. She was Lt. Commander Hitchcock in seaQuest and played the other FBI agent on Heroes.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-16-2006, 12:56 AM
From what I've seen, I don't think HRG is necessarily bad. I think it is more like he and his group are keeping tabs on these people because they hope to make use of them, not harm them. Of course, that use could turn into something bad and they end up being just exploited tools.

figrin bran
11-16-2006, 01:39 AM
Peter can save himself around Claire as he absorbs her powers. i still see that as Claire saving Peter, but that's just semantics of the sort that JT would obsess over :p

they better put a limit on Peter's absorbing powers or else he'll become too much of a deus ex machina.

HRG = Prof. X. minus the powers. maybe?

JediTricks
11-16-2006, 02:31 PM
If Peter mimics Claire's powers and saves her using them, he is still the one saving her, she didn't know what to do with her powers when he did. Just because you own the gun a cop uses to stop a killer doesn't mean you did anything.

I didn't recognize Stacy Haiduk either even though I remember her very well from Seaquest, she has those very light eyes so I thought I would too.

HRG is a baddie, his methods are too extreme to be anything else.

Phantom-like Menace
11-16-2006, 11:35 PM
HRG is a baddie, his methods are too extreme to be anything else.

Agreed.

My brother just decided that New York might be destroyed by the nuclear guy. It seems like a good theory.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-17-2006, 12:46 AM
I guess it depends on what you mean by bad guy. I can see him as working for the government, and they want to know what these people can do. That could be in the interest of national security, but of course there could be those that take things too far. It's kind of like in that show the 4400. Some realize the importance of what they can do and want to help them. Others see them as a threat, and will seek to destroy them or exploit their abilities before others can.

JediTricks
11-17-2006, 03:32 PM
HRG does bad things without conscience to unsuspecting people, that taints whatever motives he may be acting under.

Agreed.

My brother just decided that New York might be destroyed by the nuclear guy. It seems like a good theory.I've heard that theory before, it seems a bit grand but certainly an interesting and plausible entry.

Man, I want more issues... I mean "episodes" ;) of this show right now, I am sick of waiting 3 more days to see stuff happen.

figrin bran
11-21-2006, 01:00 AM
"Homecoming" was my favorite episode thus far!!!

i still feel that Claire saved Peter or is at least the catalyst for saving him...if she hadn't walked by, he would've been dead. however, if he didn't have absorption powers then he'd be dead no matter if Claire was there or not.

if it's that easy for Eden to pull a jedi mind trick on Sylar, you would think that HRG would've had her do it sooner and not only when his daughter is in grave danger. so there's more support for the HRG = baddie theory.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-21-2006, 01:23 AM
Yes, Claire obviously helped save Peter. As regards to Sylar, he probably didn't do anything about Sylar because he is tough to catch. Didn't it look like he was invisible or something while he was killing the other cheerleader? I didn't quite catch everything that was happening in the preview for next week, but it looked like a flashback episode showing the characters discovering their powers. I also got the impression that Sylar might have known HRG or Mohinder's dad. So either he was using them to get to the other heroes, or there was a falling out and he became convinced he had to kill them all.

Kidhuman
11-21-2006, 06:28 AM
CLaire saved Peters life no question. As for Eden and her Jedi Mind Trick, I looked at my wife and said that as soon as she did it.

Next week looks like a flashback episode for the ones we havent seen and how they got their powers. Anyone else feel like HRG has some kind of power also?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-21-2006, 09:52 AM
Yes, Claire obviously helped save Peter. As regards to Sylar, he probably didn't do anything about Sylar because he is tough to catch. Didn't it look like he was invisible or something while he was killing the other cheerleader?

I rewatched that scene a few times, and it definately felt as though he was not there, as if he is almost a specter or maybe just too fast for the eyes. I did like how he just cut her up by pointing her finger. I wish i had that power, especially when i get a pizza and its' not cut! I hate that! :crazed:

Faves: Claire DECKING that beyatch! Man, i was cheering. I was cracking up at her and Zach. oh high school romances and all their HELL. I did like the interaction between Surresh and the kid: "They come to me." that was great. and i have another reason to hate Nathan Patrelli: what a schmuck. My dad thinks that Patrelli might be Sylar due to his hopes to get Peter not to show up and saying how he didn't want him to get hurt/saving his life. I dunno, but just a thought. I guess we'll find out next week and remember: the producers are saying that we have seen him before.

I did like the MNCSW! and the Hatian (who my buddy and i dubbed Hati Hank, just cos) knocked Sylar's arse out. really lookin' forward to next week!! :love:

darthvyn
11-21-2006, 02:18 PM
awesome episode last night... they're really doing a good job with this show.

btw, george takei is slated to play hiro's dad!

http://superherohype.com/news/heroesnews.php?id=4928

http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=700012436

that's great!

JediTricks
11-21-2006, 06:51 PM
Claire didn't save Peter, she didn't know her powers would save him and he didn't know she had powers, there was no conscious choice to save her (which, btw, she totally sucked at doing her part in Peter's plan :p), Peter saved her and acted like a hero knowing he might die (I figured he'd have her powers and reform though). In essence, Peter's powers saved Peter.

if it's that easy for Eden to pull a jedi mind trick on Sylar, you would think that HRG would've had her do it sooner and not only when his daughter is in grave danger. so there's more support for the HRG = baddie theory.He would have had her do it sooner, but didn't know where to station her in order to do it, they didn't have foreknowledge of where Sylar would strike before.

I liked this episode for the most part, but felt the big "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World" thing in this ep did not pay off well at all and I think it's going to hamper next week's ratings.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-21-2006, 08:18 PM
Claire didn't save Peter, she didn't know her powers would save him and he didn't know she had powers, there was no conscious choice to save her (which, btw, she totally sucked at doing her part in Peter's plan :p), Peter saved her and acted like a hero knowing he might die (I figured he'd have her powers and reform though). In essence, Peter's powers saved Peter.Just because there was no conscious effort to save him doesn't mean that she didn't. He is able to absorb powers. Her power is regeneration. Her being there saved him.

Kidhuman
11-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Agreed with MSP on this one.

Next week will not be affected because of the fact that we find out when and how they discovered their powers. Either way, I am watching this show and can not wait for this season to end so I can get the DVD and watch it over again.

figrin bran
11-21-2006, 09:46 PM
haha, told ya JT was going to argue that point.

Peter's absorption powers wouldn't have been worth a dime in saving him if Claire hadn't run by. end of story :p

as for Eden's mind tricks, they better establish limits for these otherwise it's all too easy - "sylar, you will not kill any more people...you will go home and rethink your life..." Or perhaps HRG takes advantage of this and has the Haitian wipe out Sylar's mind and uses Sylar as his crony.

General_Grievous
11-22-2006, 11:28 AM
This was a good episode. I was surprised at how graphic the other cheerleader's death was. This was the best episode so far, and I think they're just going to get better.

JediTricks
11-22-2006, 02:11 PM
Just because there was no conscious effort to save him doesn't mean that she didn't. He is able to absorb powers. Her power is regeneration. Her being there saved him.

Peter's absorption powers wouldn't have been worth a dime in saving him if Claire hadn't run by. end of story :pAh, but if Peter hadn't saved Claire, she wouldn't have been able to run by because she'd be dead.

Agreed with MSP on this one. That's alright, you can all be wrong. :D

pegger
11-22-2006, 02:49 PM
Perhaps someone can riddle me this....

Hiro goes back in time to save the waitress...and Ando waits for him at the restaurant...visits the shrine to the just murdered waitress, orders more coffee...and patiently waits...

Did anyone else find it odd that:
1) A shrine was put up so fast - did they have one ready to go just in case?
2) The employer, after having an employee get the top of her skull chopped off during work hours, wouldn't give the rest of the staff the day off - is this standard in Texas? I think in Canada you would aleast get the rest of the day off...
3) The cops wouldn't have that place on lock down - with yellow "Crime Scene" tape, and cops all over interviewing people..etc...

So - I'm thinking that this means the waitress still dies - now only earlier. Hiro couldn't stop it. Perhaps this is why Hiro in the future goes to Peter - and gets him to save the cheerleader...because while Hiro can bend time, he can't directly affect it - he's got to get others to???

Mad Slanted Powers
11-22-2006, 07:22 PM
Ah, but if Peter hadn't saved Claire, she wouldn't have been able to run by because she'd be dead.

That's alright, you can all be wrong. :D

Perhaps we're just arguing semantics here. The fact is that Peter's ability as we have been presented so far is to absorb the powers of others. Claire's ability is regeneration. If Claire hadn't been there or didn't have the ability to regenerate, Peter would have been dead. Now, maybe Sylar has regenerative ability as well, because he managed to get away. That would be a valid argument, but that is speculation at this point.

dindae
11-24-2006, 04:52 PM
I also got the impression that Sylar might have known HRG or Mohinder's dad. So either he was using them to get to the other heroes, or there was a falling out and he became convinced he had to kill them all.

I thought in one of the earliest episode Sylar was revealed as the first Monider's dad had found and shown Sylar how he was tracking them so that is how Sylar knows where they all are.

Scary as it is to me, I agree with JT. Save is an active verb. To save you have to active do something. Claire did nothing she just was. Peter's power leeched onto Claire's power and reformed him (at least partially. He will be happy to see her again). Peter's power saved Peter.

On a side note Sylar got up and left why didn't Peter latch on to Sylar's powers. Maybe he did and didn't know how to use them but still it looked as if they both went splat so both should have been injured or saved by Sylar's power.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-24-2006, 07:18 PM
Then I shall restate it as Claire's presence saved Peter. His power couldn't have saved himself without her there, unless he was leeching off Sylar or has a power we don't know about yet.

Edit - Oh, if it has to be active to save, then he didn't really save himself either because he didn't know anyone that had that power. He just suddenly realized he was healing.

JediTricks
11-25-2006, 10:03 PM
Perhaps we're just arguing semantics here. The fact is that Peter's ability as we have been presented so far is to absorb the powers of others. Claire's ability is regeneration. If Claire hadn't been there or didn't have the ability to regenerate, Peter would have been dead. Now, maybe Sylar has regenerative ability as well, because he managed to get away. That would be a valid argument, but that is speculation at this point.Sylar got up after being shot by the FBI agent, so it seems likely he has that power. Still, it's not semantics, Peter saved Claire, by keeping her alive he also absorbed her powers, and thus he saved himself - it's not semantics, she didn't do anything at all.

Then I shall restate it as Claire's presence saved Peter. His power couldn't have saved himself without her thereBut she wouldn't have been there not doing anything if Peter hadn't saved her - in the original way that played out she died and Peter wouldn't have been there to absorb her powers OR die. By going there and saving her, Peter did something to make it possible to absorb her powers.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-25-2006, 11:26 PM
Sylar got up after being shot by the FBI agent, so it seems likely he has that power. Still, it's not semantics, Peter saved Claire, by keeping her alive he also absorbed her powers, and thus he saved himself - it's not semantics, she didn't do anything at all.

But she wouldn't have been there not doing anything if Peter hadn't saved her - in the original way that played out she died and Peter wouldn't have been there to absorb her powers OR die. By going there and saving her, Peter did something to make it possible to absorb her powers.If she hadn't snuck out of the house, she wouldn't have been there to save. Sylar would have killed the other cheerleader and probably Peter too unless he was able to aborb a power from Sylar during the fight.

figrin bran
11-26-2006, 01:58 AM
but then Claire would've just resigned herself to being grounded if Zach hadn't thrown rocks at her window and called her up to convince her to sneak out to homecoming. so from a certain point of view, Zach played a part in saving everyone ;)

this is off topic but Friday Night Lights takes place in Odessa, Texas, right?

Kidhuman
11-26-2006, 07:02 AM
YEs Friday night lights takes place there.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Another quality episode tonight. I loved how Dr. Surresh contacted HRG and how he "recruited" MNCSW! for his own uses. And all possible evil aside, he's a good father. Bringing his daughter gifts after trips. Aaaawww :love:

I did like how we learned more about Nathan's accident and how he FLEW out of the car; that was crazy. Kind of random that Peter could see it though.

How in the HELL did Gabriel randomly gain powers?!?! I'm curious if he had them the whole time or if he somehow stole them?!!?

and i'm REALLY curious to see who gets knocked off next week!! I'm calling it: Ando. Just a hunch.

darthvyn
11-27-2006, 10:43 PM
awesome episode tonight... cool to get a flashback ep.

i like how sylar looks like a slightly-deranged clark kent - that's a cool little nod. there's definitely a correlation between peter's and sylar's powers. nikki's back-story was interesting, and hiro's journey to attempt to save charlie was very moving. still not totally convinced of claire's dad's motives, but he seems more on the up-and-up than originally portrayed. his actions are still just over the line in terms of "straight and narrow" but it doesn't seem like he's an evil mastermind... but time will tell.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-28-2006, 12:30 AM
How in the HELL did Gabriel randomly gain powers?!?! I'm curious if he had them the whole time or if he somehow stole them?!!?.My guess is he gains the power from someone he kills. The guy he killed had telekinetic powers, and now he does. Now he wants to find all the others and kill them so he can get all their powers. This kind of went down like I had thought it would:

I also got the impression that Sylar might have known HRG or Mohinder's dad. So either he was using them to get to the other heroes, or there was a falling out and he became convinced he had to kill them all. though I didn't anticipate him gaining powers like that.

figrin bran
11-28-2006, 12:46 AM
I wish Lost would do what tonight's episode did and get all the flashbacks done with in one hour.

that's pretty weak how Sylar came up with his name...what if it were some other brand of watch? Tag Heuer?

Kidhuman
11-28-2006, 06:28 AM
I would have perferd Movado.

Great episode. Awesome.

As for who dies, we know it isnt Hiro, Peter, and Isaac. They were all mentioned to be in the future at one point. My guess is it is either DL or Nathan.

I think sylar eats the brains and gets power like that. Kind of like fitting all the watch pieces together.

pegger
11-28-2006, 08:51 AM
It should have been Casio....

I don't think Sylar has a power of his own - he just steals them (somehow) - but I don' t think by eating them. Back in the 1st (or was it 2nd) episode - when they went into his apartment there were brains in jars. I think it's more that he changes his brain....Pretty good villian tho...I'm glad that he is a nut job, and that he's not very likable...just a small, unimportant man who thinks he can make himself great by stealing other's abilities..

Anyone catch Hiro's line - how do you stop an exploding man? I bet that Sylar tries to kill Ted, and that causes the explosion that wipes out NY.

What a great show....

General_Grievous
11-28-2006, 02:01 PM
and i'm REALLY curious to see who gets knocked off next week!! I'm calling it: Ando. Just a hunch.

They said a hero gets killed next week. Meaning someone with powers. Ando has no powers that we know of, so it probably won't be him. As for me, I hope it's Nathan. That guy is such a sleazebag. Cheating on his wife, belittling Peter all the time. But I don't think he'll die this season, anyway.

And is Hiro losing his powers?

And why did they decide to make Sylar look like Clark Kent?

P.S. To anyone who missed the pilot (myself included) or any of the other first few episodes, they will be showing a "Heroes" marathon on the Sci Fi channel tomorrow, Wednesday, November 29th at 6:00 PM EST. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
11-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Interesting episode, I wasn't entirely sold on "6 months ago" premise, especially when the payoff for Hiro sucked, but there was some interesting stuff going on none the less. Nathan flying out of the car seemed extremely cheap to me, not only should the seatbelt keep him in place, but even if he weren't wearing one (which we have to assume he was) the steering wheel and dash would have tangled up his legs - you have to make a conscious effort to get out of a car, even when going straight upwards.

Sylar was interesting, I saw it coming a mile off but it was still interesting to figure out the whys of it all. Sylar definitely has a power, he sees how things work on the smallest level and instinctively knows how to tweak them to work right, Dr Suresh's explanation about the soul existing in the brain and their powers coming from that showed Sylar a way to tweak his OWN brain to take their powers - he removes their brains, sees how they work, then alters his brain to match.

Dar' Argol
11-28-2006, 06:39 PM
That was an awesome episode! It was nice to see some of the "Heroes" prior to them getting their powers. I always like backstory especially when it really plays into the story.

Is anyone really perplexed by Nikki??? It seems she is channeling her dead twin maybe????

Sylar was interesting, I saw it coming a mile off but it was still interesting to figure out the whys of it all. Sylar definitely has a power, he sees how things work on the smallest level and instinctively knows how to tweak them to work right, Dr Suresh's explanation about the soul existing in the brain and their powers coming from that showed Sylar a way to tweak his OWN brain to take their powers - he removes their brains, sees how they work, then alters his brain to match.

I'm not sure if he re-wires his brain . . . I mean hw would one go about doing that . . . . I know that he IS stealing others powers, and I know its got to do with their brains, but how is what is perplexing me . . . . I don't know, maybe he is re-wiring his own brain. I just what to know who he killed to get the skull cutting ability . . . .

And my money is on Nathan biting it next week.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Is anyone really perplexed by Nikki??? It seems she is channeling her dead twin maybe????
That's what I figured, or else her sister was the one with the power and was able to put herself into Nikki. Did it actually say she was a twin? For some reason I was thinking Jessica was older, protecting her younger sister.

pegger
11-28-2006, 06:58 PM
If the episode is about the explosion....

Nathan is alive...he wins the election
Ando is alive - he is in Japan
Hiro is alive...he's the star of the show!!!

I'm thinking Eden....and Ted.

or possibly Jessica (i.e. Niki kills her alter ego - and takes over completely)

Dar' Argol
11-28-2006, 07:02 PM
If the episode is about the explosion....

Nathan is alive...he wins the election
Ando is alive - he is in Japan
Hiro is alive...he's the star of the show!!!

I'm thinking Eden....and Ted.

or possibly Jessica (i.e. Niki kills her alter ego - and takes over completely)

Maybe its wishful thinking and I really would not miss Nathan . . . he he he.

That's what I figured, or else her sister was the one with the power and was able to put herself into Nikki. Did it actually say she was a twin? For some reason I was thinking Jessica was older, protecting her younger sister.

They didn't say she was a twin but that's what I get. I mean with the reflections and all . . . maybe it was just me.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-28-2006, 07:05 PM
I don't know if i want Nathan to be knocked off as he is a GREAT character to hate and loathe. I'm guessing either Eden or maybe, still, Ando! When they did the "next week" thing, they did show Hiro AND Ando! And he is kind of a "hero" as he is accompaning Hiro on his journey and he did help save the little girl.

I really hope it isn't anybody crucial/awesome. I don't want them to go "Lost" on me. :upset:

figrin bran
11-28-2006, 10:16 PM
it's not going to be Nathan because we've seen that he wins the election

i kind of like Eden and so i hope it's not her though i've seen a spoiler pic that show's her life being threatened. however, all she would need to do is pull off the mind trick to convince her assailant to back off.

maybe it's jessica?

JT and anyone else who watches Veronica Mars, did ya notice the name "Patrice Petrelli" being bandied about in last week's episode

Mad Slanted Powers
11-29-2006, 12:03 AM
JT and anyone else who watches Veronica Mars, did ya notice the name "Patrice Petrelli" being bandied about in last week's episodeNow that you mention it, I do recall that. She was making all kinds of references last week. One episode last year I'm sure had the numbers from Lost.

figrin bran
11-29-2006, 12:50 AM
Now that you mention it, I do recall that. She was making all kinds of references last week. One episode last year I'm sure had the numbers from Lost.

well she makes references all the time! :p

Patrice Petrelli was this girl that supposedly walked/jumped off a frat house's roof 3 years ago but was actually taken out by one of Linderman's people

and since we're on the topic of references/easter eggs, in last week's save the cheerleader episode, one of the guys at claire's school was wearing a BSG t-shirt.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-29-2006, 01:17 AM
I believe it was before the "save the cheerleader" episode that they were saying we would finally find out the meaning of "save the cheerleader, save the world." However, I don't think we really learned that until this week. By saving the cheerleader, Sylar didn't get her power, which would make him near invincible.

JediTricks
11-29-2006, 03:39 PM
They could kill Eden and I wouldn't mind the loss, she's not a poor character per se but she feels like one that could be expendable.

I love Nathan's pragmatism about his powers and his life in general, he seems scummy but he is trying to do what he thinks is right, and he recognizes that he has to make deals to get there rather than to non-start with noble idealism, unlike Peter who is all about idealism, it's a good dynamic. Pragmatic ubers are the best kind because they see the world for what it is and that it takes more than good intentions to make it happen.

JT and anyone else who watches Veronica Mars, did ya notice the name "Patrice Petrelli" being bandied about in last week's episodeYes, didn't see the connection though. Patrice turned out to be a girl who tried to commit suicide by walking off the frat house because the frat boys sexually abused her.

I believe it was before the "save the cheerleader" episode that they were saying we would finally find out the meaning of "save the cheerleader, save the world." However, I don't think we really learned that until this week. By saving the cheerleader, Sylar didn't get her power, which would make him near invincible.I don't buy it, Sylar has been shot at close range and dropped, only to rise again a minute later, I believe he already has the power. Plus, Claire's power... well, it's kinda useless because she's not invincible, she just has healing power - interrupt her major body systems and she's dead, cut off her head and she's dead, stick a tree in her brain and she's dead.

dindae
12-01-2006, 08:32 AM
And is Hiro losing his powers?

I don't think so I just think that it was illustrating that he was powerless to change the past.

Nathan flying out of the car seemed extremely cheap to me, not only should the seatbelt keep him in place, but even if he weren't wearing one (which we have to assume he was) the steering wheel and dash would have tangled up his legs - you have to make a conscious effort to get out of a car, even when going straight upwards.

I agree there should be no reason he flew out of the car.

Yeah I think he has the ability to see the mutations in the brain that cause the power "You're broken" and then somehow recreates that in his own brain.

As far as who will die, I hoping for Nikki/Jessica. I don't see this character holding much interest for me long term. But it could be as simple as Sylar taking out Ted. Technically Ted could be a "hero".

JediTricks
12-01-2006, 02:42 PM
Ted's a hero? Granted, he has powers, but he's a hero in the way Jessica killing everybody is a hero - she's an antihero. Then again, my pick of Eden is worse as she uses her powers specifically for bad.

dindae
12-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Yeah I think the only people who have done anything heroic are

Claire - ran into the fire to save man
Nathan - saving his brother
Peter - Saving Claire
DL - trying to save women from burning car
Hiro - saving DL and women from burning car

pegger
12-02-2006, 10:06 AM
Yeah I think the only people who have done anything heroic are

Claire - ran into the fire to save man
Nathan - saving his brother
Peter - Saving Claire
DL - trying to save women from burning car
Hiro - saving DL and women from burning car

Hiro and Ando saving the little girl from getting run over in Japan....

JediTricks
12-04-2006, 03:27 PM
DL did save that woman in the car, he helped, if he hadn't been able to phase her through the door, Hiro wouldn't have been able to move her away from the car.

Also, you forgot Matt the cop, he used his mind-reading powers to save all the people in the convenience store, and found the missing little girl.

Kidhuman
12-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Wow, just freakin Wow. Wait until you west coasters see this one.

Spoilers AHEAD.......

Highlight to see it

Edin dying kind of pi55ed me off. I kind of wish she had lived. Peters dream is insane and WTF is up with the Dinosaur???

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-04-2006, 09:26 PM
great episode and i'm talking about and not being nice like KH; you read it, you're reading spoilers. :crazed:

- Werid to see Hank the Hatian talking! I am wondering what "secret" he's going to tell Claire. And i am uber angry that they erased Zach's mind! He and Claire were so adorable to watch and bam, it's gone. Poor Claire and poor Zach too; becoming a man, no more! :twisted:

- I LOVED it when DL phased out to avoid that bullet to the head. That was pure comic book geek stuff right there. I am glad Nikki turned herself in as i wish she'd stick with angry or regular. I want one or the other.

- Ando's face when Isaac started panting, FUNNY stuff. And that painting of Hiro fighting a T-REx!?!! I loved Hiro and "I really need to find that sword."

- The ENDING. Looks like it was Eden who bit the bullet.....literally: ba dum CHING! and i loved how Sylar just threw her *** through the window. It's as if he was waiting for the perfect moment to strike. Smart Guy. And Peter and his vision: it's obvious he might absorb Ted's powers and be unable to stop them, thus leading to the explosion.

Can't wait till january 22nd! :crazed:

Dar' Argol
12-04-2006, 09:31 PM
I hate having to wait until Jan 22!!!!:upset:

Sweet episode though! I'll wait to talk until after our west coast mates see it . . .unlike others . . . . :rolleyes:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-04-2006, 09:36 PM
I hate having to wait until Jan 22!!!!:upset:

Sweet episode though! I'll wait to talk until after our west coast mates see it . . .unlike others . . . . :rolleyes:

oh boo effin' hoo Dar. Here, i'll do this to protect the ones who don't want me to spoil my comment to you: They know we're going to be chatting about it, so if they glance, it's their own freakin' fault. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
12-04-2006, 10:09 PM
it's okay i don't mind spoilers and i check out the 9th wonder boards periodically anyhow . if we west coasters click on this thread right before the show airs here, then we give up our rights to be spoiler free ;)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-04-2006, 10:15 PM
it's okay i don't mind spoilers and i check out the 9th wonder boards periodically anyhow . if we west coasters click on this thread right before the show airs here, then we give up our rights to be spoiler free ;)

Thank you kindly, good sir. It's like going into a thread about a movie you haven't seen yet and complaining about seeing how the flick ends. It's a goofy argument! :crazed:

Dar' Argol
12-04-2006, 10:44 PM
oh boo effin' hoo Dar. Here, i'll do this to protect the ones who don't want me to spoil my comment to you: They know we're going to be chatting about it, so if they glance, it's their own freakin' fault. :thumbsup:

This is a great attitude and response for someone who is suppose to be representing SSG as a Mod:rolleyes:. Amazing how so far we have been considerate of our west coast members and have avoided comments until after they have seen it. And besides, was there not a spoiler and a non-spoiler section for the SW movies??? Some want to see, others don't. KH's way to do it was considerate, other then saying . . . "oh boo effin' hoo" . . . real "mod-ish" there mate:thumbsup:

figrin bran
12-05-2006, 12:30 AM
now i can't presume to speak for all west coast SSG'ers but i really don't mind. like i said earlier, you take your chance of reading spoilers if you read this thread while others have just finished watching the episode.

i'll wait for everyone else to chime in first as those living in Hawaii should remain spoiler free ;) but that was one great episode!

i am on the list, i'm sure of it :p

Mad Slanted Powers
12-05-2006, 01:32 AM
When I get the e-mail notification for this thread, I just make sure I don't read it before I watch the show.

Kidhuman
12-05-2006, 06:33 AM
Well one thing I know is Peter doesnt blow up the world. How you might ask? Well, when future Hiro came to him, he said he had a scar on his face, Peter did not have that scar when he went nuclear in NYC.

pegger
12-05-2006, 09:04 AM
Well one thing I know is Peter doesnt blow up the world. How you might ask? Well, when future Hiro came to him, he said he had a scar on his face, Peter did not have that scar when he went nuclear in NYC.

That and...well.. the show would be over.

General_Grievous
12-05-2006, 09:30 AM
SPOILERS

What a great way to cap off the year. It's only been eleven episodes but it feels like it's been much longer. I should have seen Eden's death coming. I liked the character, but she was really expendable. They didn't really need her for anything else but as a means for Sylar to escape. I wonder what the hell caused Peter to go into a state of shock at the end. His dream vision was pretty trippy, though. I'm also wondering what Hiro fighting the T-Rex is all about. It sucked that they erased Zach's memories. Do you think the Haitian will do the same to Claire? At least we don't have that long of a wait to find out. And if all this went down in just last night's episode, imagine how big the season finale's going to be in May...this fanboy's excited!

figrin bran
12-05-2006, 11:10 AM
I don't believe that the Haitian wipes out Claire's memories. Otherwise we would've seen him do it right then and there without asking her if she can "keep a secret". Either he has his own agenda going on or he has orders from higher up and there's speculation that the higher up in HRG's organization is Linderman.

In Peter's dreams, he often assumes someone else's perspective - there was one he had from Nathan's perspective and so we can't automatically assume he blows up NYC. Then again if he runs into Ted and gains his powers and doesn't know what to do with them...

JediTricks
12-05-2006, 04:55 PM
Wild episode! I watched it with someone who had never seen it before and they seemed to really dig it even though I had to explain who everybody was on the fly.

I suspected it was going to be Eden who died. Another friend of mine pointed out she shot herself in the head rather than allow Sylar to steal her powers, I didn't really get that idea but if it's in there it's a good element.

The Haitian talking was awesome because of how much they pointed out how he DOESN'T. I like that he's not just HRG's lapdog, that he's got his own agenda going on that supercedes his boss'. I also liked that he said he's wiped Claire's mom's mind a lot.

This ep felt almost like it was going wrong then picked up in a big way. I do feel like the stuff with Niki has become too insular though and needs to tie back in somehow. My friend suggests that Claire's gonna hook up with Peter, I find that heavily unlikely though as they're 12 years age difference and she's only 16. The ending with Peter was way crazy, why was he getting sick and why wasn't Claire's power fixing it, was he dreaming and seeing through Ted's eyes, or in the dream had he absorbed Ted's powers and the heroes are coming together in symbolism?

Hiro fighting a T-rex seemed way out there.

- I LOVED it when DL phased out to avoid that bullet to the head. That was pure comic book geek stuff right there. I am glad Nikki turned herself in as i wish she'd stick with angry or regular. I want one or the other.That phasing out to avoid the bullet to me felt like an expected, I was just surprised he got shot in the shoulder first. I don't think Jessica can be stopped by just a puny pair of handcuffs when she's torn men in half, but it was a good try.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-05-2006, 06:38 PM
Hiro fighting a T-rex seemed way out there.

I talked to KH about this via the AIM last night and mentioned that it looks like something it probably isn't. Like, Hiro is at a museum, where he gets the sword and the T-REx is a display or something. I really don't forsee Hiro going head to head with a dinosaur. :crazed:

Mad Slanted Powers
12-05-2006, 07:23 PM
I don't believe that the Haitian wipes out Claire's memories. Otherwise we would've seen him do it right then and there without asking her if she can "keep a secret".Plus, I think he even said to her that he wasn't going to, or rather that her father was expecting that she wouldn't remember so she would have to play along.

The ending with Peter was way crazy, why was he getting sick and why wasn't Claire's power fixing it, was he dreaming and seeing through Ted's eyes, or in the dream had he absorbed Ted's powers and the heroes are coming together in symbolism?Claire wasn't around at the time, so he wouldn't be able to heal. Hard to say for sure about what he was seeing in the dream.

If Hiro confronts a real T-Rex, then he REALLY overshot on a trip to the past.

Kidhuman
12-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Actually, Claire was in the cell with him while he was coughing, but the Hatian was around too because Weiss(name from Alais) couldnt read minds either, so his powers might have blocked hers and Peters.

figrin bran
12-05-2006, 09:41 PM
I'm pretty sure that Eden shot herself in the head to avoid Sylar stealing her powers. Obviously she knows how he operates and when her "you will take your own life" plan went awry, it seemed like the best course of action to take.

JT i already addressed your question about Peter's vision before you even asked it. we've seen in the past that his dreams are often of someone else's perspective. for instance, the dream about flying (nathan's perspective) and the dream about his patient (simone's father)

the writers really shouldn't have made Claire tell Peter "you're totally my hero". come on now, that's Smallville caliber writing :p they made up for it with Claire's "i've died before. it's no big deal" and it sounded like something that buffy summers would say. HRG had a good line with "i happen to have a few houses on fire, Eden. could you be more specific?"

pegger
12-06-2006, 06:23 AM
This weeks on line comic confirms that she shot herself in the head...she couldn't let Syler take her powers...

dindae
12-06-2006, 09:56 AM
DL did save that woman in the car, he helped, if he hadn't been able to phase her through the door, Hiro wouldn't have been able to move her away from the car.

Also, you forgot Matt the cop, he used his mind-reading powers to save all the people in the convenience store, and found the missing little girl.

Technically I would say Hiro had all the time he needed to break the window and unlock the door if he needed to. I will give you Matt stopping the robbery but the girl was not in danger just scared.

- Werid to see Hank the Hatian talking! I am wondering what "secret" he's going to tell Claire.

I really believe the "secret" was just that he wasn't going to erase her memory.

- The ENDING. Looks like it was Eden who bit the bullet.....literally: ba dum CHING! and i loved how Sylar just threw her *** through the window. It's as if he was waiting for the perfect moment to strike. Smart Guy. And Peter and his vision: it's obvious he might absorb Ted's powers and be unable to stop them, thus leading to the explosion.

I think that Eden was just an idiot and went in the room without the Hatian to protect her rather then Sylar waiting.

General_Grievous
12-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Like, Hiro is at a museum, where he gets the sword and the T-REx is a display or something. I really don't forsee Hiro going head to head with a dinosaur. :crazed:

This seems to be the most likely theory, but I have one that's a bit out there, but possible. In the future, there will be a hero who can morph into any type of animal, even prehistoric ones. Kind of like Beast Boy. And Hiro might try to stop him. Just my theory....

JediTricks
12-06-2006, 03:35 PM
I talked to KH about this via the AIM last night and mentioned that it looks like something it probably isn't. Like, Hiro is at a museum, where he gets the sword and the T-REx is a display or something. I really don't forsee Hiro going head to head with a dinosaur. :crazed:The dino is pretty ferocious-looking, beyond that you'd find in a museum, maybe a theme park ride, but he is a time-traveller, could jump back millions of years and really face off a dino.

Actually, Claire was in the cell with him while he was coughing, but the Hatian was around too because Weiss(name from Alais) couldnt read minds either, so his powers might have blocked hers and Peters.That's what I was thinking of, Claire and HRG go into his cell and he starts coughing, if it's an injury Claire's power should have been absorbed and fixed it. The Haitian's power isn't power-blocking, it's mental abilities, for example the Haitian didn't stop Nathan from flying away.

The cop's name is "Matt Parkman" who used to be Weiss on Alias.

I'm pretty sure that Eden shot herself in the head to avoid Sylar stealing her powers. Obviously she knows how he operates and when her "you will take your own life" plan went awry, it seemed like the best course of action to take. Yeah, I rewatched the ep last night and that's definitely what's going on, he threatens to consume her powers and that the gun won't hurt her, she gives a look and turns the gun on herself and the look on Sylar's face is one of shock as she shoots herself.

JT i already addressed your question about Peter's vision before you even asked it. we've seen in the past that his dreams are often of someone else's perspective. for instance, the dream about flying (nathan's perspective) and the dream about his patient (simone's father)That's not an answer though, sometimes he sees himself in the dreams, sometimes he sees others, sometimes he sees dreamscape symbolism, other times he sees what WILL happen with the very characters involved including himself.

the writers really shouldn't have made Claire tell Peter "you're totally my hero". come on now, that's Smallville caliber writing :p they made up for it with Claire's "i've died before. it's no big deal" and it sounded like something that buffy summers would say. HRG had a good line with "i happen to have a few houses on fire, Eden. could you be more specific?" I had no problem with "you're totally my hero", she's a 16 year old girl, teenagers occasionally spout idiotic phrases in earnest fashion.

Technically I would say Hiro had all the time he needed to break the window and unlock the door if he needed to. I will give you Matt stopping the robbery but the girl was not in danger just scared.Hiro could not have broken the window and unlocked the door, the window was already down and the door was jammed, that's why DL couldn't just pull her to safety conventionally. As for the little girl, she could have stayed in their till she starved to death from fear.

I really believe the "secret" was just that he wasn't going to erase her memory.Agreed.

I think that Eden was just an idiot and went in the room without the Hatian to protect her rather then Sylar waiting.HRG went in there without the Haitian and felt safe, I think Sylar originally couldn't use his powers beyond the room but either healed up or figured out how to bypass it with his power. Eden's initial thought was the right one, but her actions were doing it in the wrong way and it cost her her life and freed Sylar.

This seems to be the most likely theory, but I have one that's a bit out there, but possible. In the future, there will be a hero who can morph into any type of animal, even prehistoric ones. Kind of like Beast Boy. And Hiro might try to stop him. Just my theory....It's not a bad theory, but so far the heroes powers haven't been so immensely over the top and that one definitely would be.

dindae
12-07-2006, 08:34 AM
Hiro could not have broken the window and unlocked the door, the window was already down and the door was jammed, that's why DL couldn't just pull her to safety conventionally.

Still eventually Hiro could have done it even if he had to walk to the nearest town and picked up the "jaws of life" from a firedepartment walked back and used them.

As for the little girl, she could have stayed in their till she starved to death from fear.

Umm yeah I guess that could of happened but finding someone is still not heroic no matter how you do it.

HRG went in there without the Haitian and felt safe, I think Sylar originally couldn't use his powers beyond the room but either healed up or figured out how to bypass it with his power. Eden's initial thought was the right one, but her actions were doing it in the wrong way and it cost her her life and freed Sylar.

I guess I just assume that where HRG goes the Haitian is there to protect him. I know I wouldn't have gone near Sylar without him.

2-1B
12-07-2006, 06:37 PM
I have not yet tuned in to this program. Is it any good ? I don't want to read too many spoilers in case I play catch-up on DVD.

figrin bran
12-07-2006, 10:15 PM
I have not yet tuned in to this program. Is it any good ? I don't want to read too many spoilers in case I play catch-up on DVD.

recommended by 5 out of 5 SSG'ers! where else are you going to find something that both KH and JT like?

or put it this way, they show as many ads for this show as do "Our Country" during the sunday night football games and yet you don't hear me saying anything negative about the Heroes promos :p

Kidhuman
12-07-2006, 11:14 PM

Yes, play catch up on DVD.

recommended by 5 out of 5 SSG'ers! where else are you going to find something that both KH and JT like?

Besides slickers mom I cant think of anything else.

Phantom-like Menace
12-07-2006, 11:19 PM
they made up for it with Claire's "i've died before. it's no big deal" and it sounded like something that buffy summers would say.

Yeah, from the musical episode "Once More with Feeling:"

Everyone: "It's do or die."
Buffy: "Hey I've died twice."

That was the first thing that came to my mind too.

figrin bran
12-08-2006, 01:04 AM
Yeah, from the musical episode "Once More with Feeling:"

Everyone: "It's do or die."
Buffy: "Hey I've died twice."

That was the first thing that came to my mind too.

oh yeah, that episode. even though that is/was my favorite show and i own every season on dvd, i've seen that one perhaps twice.

Caesar, i believe you can watch repeats of Heroes on the sci fi channel or else you can download from nbc's site.

JediTricks
12-08-2006, 07:55 PM
Still eventually Hiro could have done it even if he had to walk to the nearest town and picked up the "jaws of life" from a firedepartment walked back and used them. Don't the jaws of life require at least 2 operators, one to hold the jaws and the other to carry and operate the hydrolic pump? Anyway, we've never seen Hiro use his stop-time powers for extended periods.

Umm yeah I guess that could of happened but finding someone is still not heroic no matter how you do it.Finding a lost little girl is heroic.

I guess I just assume that where HRG goes the Haitian is there to protect him. I know I wouldn't have gone near Sylar without him.The Haitian is sent out on jobs in this episode alone where HRG is not, Haitian has to wipe Zach's mind, the brother's mind, and is out alone wiping out Claire's mind.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-09-2006, 02:16 AM
Don't the jaws of life require at least 2 operators, one to hold the jaws and the other to carry and operate the hydrolic pump? Anyway, we've never seen Hiro use his stop-time powers for extended periods.What about all the origami he put up in the diner? That must have taken a while to fold all that and decorate the place. Of course, that just required a bunch of paper. Tracking down the jaws and bringing them to the scene would have been a bit more complicated.

JediTricks
12-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Good point on the origami cranes, though there are a few ways he could have done it without stopping time for as long a period, such as going back in time, making 1000 cranes, hiding them outside the building, then stopping time, getting them, and putting them up.

dindae
12-11-2006, 10:13 AM
Don't the jaws of life require at least 2 operators, one to hold the jaws and the other to carry and operate the hydrolic pump? Anyway, we've never seen Hiro use his stop-time powers for extended periods.

My point was that since DL simply used his power to get into the car and didn't use any type of super strength to get it open. Hiro could have gotten into the car with a little elbow grease.

Finding a lost little girl is heroic.

He is a cop. I'm sure most cops have done much more heroic things in their time. But I'm sure this is more of a personal thing and to me this is not heroic. I would this is just as impressive as someone who has good hearing finding the girl by hearing her cry or someone with good eyesight seeing the door.

JediTricks
12-11-2006, 03:03 PM
My point was that since DL simply used his power to get into the car and didn't use any type of super strength to get it open. Hiro could have gotten into the car with a little elbow grease. But it wouldn't have been a "little" elbow grease, it would have been a great amount, a feat not in the range of Hiro's powers.

He is a cop. I'm sure most cops have done much more heroic things in their time. But I'm sure this is more of a personal thing and to me this is not heroic. I would this is just as impressive as someone who has good hearing finding the girl by hearing her cry or someone with good eyesight seeing the door.I didn't realize there was a heroism scale involved here - finding a lost child should not be worth less than anything else, especially when the circumstances suggest nobody was going to find the kid and they weren't even sure she was missing. I'm fairly confident anybody who finds your lost kid would be a hero in your eyes.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-11-2006, 06:40 PM
This bickering is pointless. I think for this show, "hero" is just a loose term used to describe those with special abilities. If you want to get more nitpicky about it, you can limit the definition to those who are trying to use those powers for good. Doing something extraordinary isn't necessary to be a hero. For those with abilities, doing something extraordinary is ordinary. I'm sure that the little girl and her family would consider the cop to be a hero.

dindae
12-12-2006, 08:32 AM
This bickering is pointless.

Not really bickering just debating but since it appears to be annoying people I will drop it.

JediTricks
12-12-2006, 06:32 PM
It's a line from Star Wars. :p (I always think of it as "This pointless bickering is pointless!" and then Tarkin gets a confused look on his face once he realizes what he just said)

For those with abilities, doing something extraordinary is ordinary.Hardly! This series shows us that using their powers is the most extraordinary thing of all, even to them. Perhaps once they have figured 'em all out better it'll be ordinary, but for the foreseeable future it's still gonna be pretty non-standard for them.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-12-2006, 07:08 PM
It's a line from Star Wars. :p Indeed. Don't mind me. I just saw a great opportunity to use a Star Wars phrase.

Hardly! This series shows us that using their powers is the most extraordinary thing of all, even to them. Perhaps once they have figured 'em all out better it'll be ordinary, but for the foreseeable future it's still gonna be pretty non-standard for them.True, at this point, they are still learning to master their abilities, so it still seems pretty extraordinary to them. On the other hand, when you learned to walk, it wasn't easy at first, but we don't consider walking to be too extraordinary. Also, if this is an evolutionary thing as Mohinder's father thought, then perhaps someday those abilities will be quite common.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Saw this in an article about McFarlane toys:

McFarlane also is in discussions about creating a line of figures based on NBC's breakout hit Heroes, so fans can tweaking an expression from the adventure series buy the cheerleader, save the world.

Very interesting, indeed. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
01-11-2007, 04:08 PM
What is the date this show returns?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-11-2007, 04:18 PM
What is the date this show returns?

Jan 22nd, good sir.

and i got a promo for that episode, titled "Godsend."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDr0WU1L2ps

enjoy! :thumbsup:

figrin bran
01-11-2007, 09:19 PM
That would be awesome if McFarlane Productions were to make Heroes toys. they probably wouldn't show up until next year and i'll probably collect those instead of the Lost line.

Kidhuman
01-11-2007, 10:03 PM
I woulkd without a doubt buy these as I will be saving much money with the repacks Hasbro has to offer.

JediTricks
01-14-2007, 04:19 AM
As much as I love this show, I don't think I'd buy a single figure from it, especially if it comes from the McF, I've had enough of their insta-broken action statues.

General_Grievous
01-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Why can't Neca make the toys? And since when did McFarlane come back into the picture snapping up licences like "Lost", "Heroes" and "24"? I thought they went into oblivion after the Movie Maniacs line ended with that terrible "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" wave. They should hand all of their TV licenses over to Neca. At least they won't give us statues.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Why can't Neca make the toys? And since when did McFarlane come back into the picture snapping up licences like "Lost", "Heroes" and "24"? I thought they went into oblivion after the Movie Maniacs line ended with that terrible "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" wave. They should hand all of their TV licenses over to Neca. At least they won't give us statues.

It's all about negotations, good sir. McFarlane isn't DEFINATELY making them; they're just talking. NECA could get them. And plus, are we really going to PLAY with these? I'd be happy with NECA or McFarlane making them as long as they're well done. :whip:

General_Grievous
01-14-2007, 06:47 PM
And plus, are we really going to PLAY with these?

Good point, but it ticks me off that the Charlie and Shannon figures from the "Lost" line can't even stand up. If I bought them, I would display them, but it's hard to do that when half the figures are in useless poses. Watch the Nathan and Peter figures come in "flying" poses that make them look like McFarlane's second Neo figure from the Matrix line.

figrin bran
01-14-2007, 07:00 PM
As much as I love this show, I don't think I'd buy a single figure from it, especially if it comes from the McF, I've had enough of their insta-broken action statues.

Granted, i only own figures from their Sports Picks lines but i own about 20 or so of them and never had any break on me.

JediTricks
01-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Granted, i only own figures from their Sports Picks lines but i own about 20 or so of them and never had any break on me.
Did you open them? ;) I've had probably 30 or so McF figures, 1/6th of them had broken parts coming out of the package or being handled for the first time.

figrin bran
01-17-2007, 11:34 PM
Did you open them? ;) I've had probably 30 or so McF figures, 1/6th of them had broken parts coming out of the package or being handled for the first time.

yes i've opened up at least 75% of my sports picks. even had quite a few tumble onto the floor with no damage or breakage.

JediTricks
01-18-2007, 09:04 PM
Must be magic! ;)

figrin bran
01-18-2007, 09:11 PM
naw, it just means that figures of athletes are more durable than their movie maniac and spawn statues ;)

JediTricks
01-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Only 4 more days!!!

Kidhuman
01-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Getting all giddy about it too

JediTricks
01-20-2007, 02:26 PM
Check out this nifty article about Masi "Hiro" Oka on StarWars.com, a double-treat since not only is he a lifelong SW fan, but he's also actually worked on Star Wars movies as an ILMer: http://www.starwars.com/community/news/rocks/news20070119.html

General_Grievous
01-22-2007, 09:56 AM
It comes back tonight! I can hardly wait!

Mad Slanted Powers
01-22-2007, 06:21 PM
Yes, and Christopher Eccleston, a former Doctor Who will be on it. I will have to record it though so I can watch 24, or else wait until Friday when it is on SciFi Channel.

General_Grievous
01-22-2007, 09:10 PM
"Who needs God when you've got me?" How chilling was that? Jessica really means business. So I guess the T-Rex was in the museum all along. So much for a hero that can morph into one. And how did Peter know Ted (the nuclear man) was in the desert? All in all, it was a great episode. Will every episode from now until the end of the season be a new one? I don't know how many episodes are scheduled for this season...

pegger
01-22-2007, 09:27 PM
All I can say is... I love this show.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-22-2007, 09:59 PM
I had to knock down "24" before posting so nobody would spoil me. I finally got DVR installed and man, it's JOYOUS.

anyway, great episode. I LOVED Hiro and his non chalant "wooooooosh!" to Nathan after he told him to knock it off; it was hysterical. I also chuckled at how Hiro hasn't really been spot on lately with his powers acting up and pulling that wrong sword. Good stuff.

Nikki isn't annoying me much these days as i'm thinking she needs to bust out and help out D.L. and her son and take down Linderman. I'm curious what Surresh might do with HRG and i'm really really happy that Haitian Hank is trying to help Claire out; good for him.

REALLY great episode. Glad it's back...and glad I have DVR. hehehehhehe :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
01-22-2007, 10:17 PM
JMG, I did the same. Watched HEroes, then 24 on the DVR. Arent they a life saver?

Great Episode tonight. Loved that it was back.

The woosh was great, as was Nikki busting the nightstick/billy club. A new "Hero" has been found and possibly many more to come according to the previews. Wont spoil it to much for the west coasters that might click here.

figrin bran
01-22-2007, 11:03 PM
to borrow from espn's monday night football, "is it monday yet?" okay time to go- showtime!

LusiferSam
01-22-2007, 11:22 PM
And how did Peter know Ted (the nuclear man) was in the desert?

Who said he did? Peter was more than likely looking for a spot to ride out the next couple of weeks, so if he did go nuclear it would be as save as possible.

figrin bran
01-23-2007, 12:43 AM
well, this west coaster says just post away on monday nights and don't worry about us. i read spoilers on the 9th wonder boards all the time as it is.

i "applied" for a job at Primatech Paper Company...i wonder if they'll get back to me.

JediTricks
01-23-2007, 05:40 AM
I didn't quite care for this episode, I thought they slow-played it a little too much and cheated us with Matt's raid on the paper mill (the first thing he should have had them do is take the Haitian into custody away from Bennet) and didn't quite deliver on the face-to-face with Mohinder and Bennet. However, the last few minutes redeemed this one in my eyes, and I want to see more right now!

The theory out there that Claire is Mohinder's "dead" sister is an interesting one, I didn't put much stock in it but I'm beginning to wonder if maybe they might be able to pull that one off after all even if it is far-fetched.

I have a theory that "save the cheerleader, save the world" basically means all the heroes are going to get together around Peter, he takes the nuke power, flight power, and healing power, flies up into the atmosphere where it's safe and then explodes, and he needs to have saved Claire in order to borrow her power later on.

The 9th Doctor was almost unrecognizable as the invisible homeless-looking guy, he did a great job when we finally got to him and his gimmick was fantastic. I don't see how he's going to be able to teach anybody anything, but we'll see... sorta. :p

So I guess the T-Rex was in the museum all along. I felt a little cheated by this, the drawing shows a sword blade, not a scabbard.

And how did Peter know Ted (the nuclear man) was in the desert?I don't think he did, Peter's just going to a place that'd be safe for everybody else, since the Nevada desert is where they tested the nukes back in the day, why not?

I had to knock down "24" before posting so nobody would spoil me. Haw! I totally forgot that was on tonight, completely missed it as it wasn't on Zap2It's best bets list when I looked. I watched all 4 hours last week of the 24 premiere too, but they've completely lost me as a viewer already.

I LOVED Hiro and his non chalant "wooooooosh!" to Nathan after he told him to knock it off; it was hysterical.Yeah, that was great, lowering the hand motion.

Nikki isn't annoying me much these days as i'm thinking she needs to bust out and help out D.L. and her son and take down Linderman.I found her story tiresome, it's been so very disconnected from the main plotline so far and this was even further disconnected than usual. Nikki using strength power to snap that baton while still basically in Nikki mode was the only really interesting part about that plotline, I thought.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-23-2007, 08:27 PM
well, this west coaster says just post away on monday nights and don't worry about us. i read spoilers on the 9th wonder boards all the time as it is.

i "applied" for a job at Primatech Paper Company...i wonder if they'll get back to me.

I saw that; i might do that later although I hate giving out my phone number. Eh, what the hell. :thumbsup:

website is: http://www.primatechpaper.com/index.shtml the code is MT36.

and i read that Eric Roberts is joining the cast too. :whip:

figrin bran
01-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Primatech Paper sent me back an email last night

Thank you for your interest in Primatech Paper. We will be in contact once we evaluate your application.

come on HRG, i just KNOW i'm on the list. i have an incredible ability to make objects vanish into nothingness. objects like keys and SW figure accessories.

Kidhuman
01-23-2007, 09:40 PM
OK, new theory:

HRG is working for Linderman. Linderman has too much of whats going on. He knew about Nikki and Nathan in the hotel, set em up. He buys the paintings and Hiros sword. His hands are in too much not be be involved.

Phantom-like Menace
01-23-2007, 11:31 PM
It's nice to start seeing more people accept that these powers are real. I really liked how Simone especially was pretty much like, "Okay, you can fly, you can paint the future, you can bend time and space, you can absorb their powers. I'm on board. Let's do this."

the first thing he should have had them do is take the Haitian into custody away from Bennet

I had exactly the same thought about two seconds into that scene. The only thing I could think is that maybe Matt hasn't conneced the Hatian to his inability to read minds in the past, but I really didn't think that was the case.

dindae
01-24-2007, 08:39 AM
I found her story tiresome, it's been so very disconnected from the main plotline so far and this was even further disconnected than usual. Nikki using strength power to snap that baton while still basically in Nikki mode was the only really interesting part about that plotline, I thought.

I think the only thing that could save her character is that if Nikki starts using her super strength and Jessica decides that she is no longer needed to take care of Nikki and moves on.

JediTricks
01-24-2007, 08:17 PM
and i read that Eric Roberts is joining the cast too. :whip:Aww crap, that guy kinda sucks! But at least now the show will have a Doctor Who former Doctor and The Master. :p

I had exactly the same thought about two seconds into that scene. The only thing I could think is that maybe Matt hasn't conneced the Hatian to his inability to read minds in the past, but I really didn't think that was the case.He's specifically made comments to the contrary about the Haitian though, more than once.

I think the only thing that could save her character is that if Nikki starts using her super strength and Jessica decides that she is no longer needed to take care of Nikki and moves on.Yeah, that'd be good, or a blending of the 2 personalities. All they have to do really is just make her character included again and any development either way will work, it feels like her life is now completely disconnected from the rest of the story.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-25-2007, 12:48 AM
Finally watched the tape tonight. Pretty good stuff.

Yeah, that'd be good, or a blending of the 2 personalities. All they have to do really is just make her character included again and any development either way will work, it feels like her life is now completely disconnected from the rest of the story.I don't think it is all that disconnected anymore than there were all disconnected at the beginning. She and her family are still connected to Linderman, and so are the others. That is what will probably bring them all together.

I think the only thing that could save her character is that if Nikki starts using her super strength and Jessica decides that she is no longer needed to take care of Nikki and moves on.I feel that Jessica isn't the type to give up that easily. I think it would be more likely that Nikki would learn to control her, or a blending as JT suggested. Kind of like the old Star Trek episode where Kirk was split in two.

dindae
01-25-2007, 08:48 AM
I feel that Jessica isn't the type to give up that easily. I think it would be more likely that Nikki would learn to control her, or a blending as JT suggested. Kind of like the old Star Trek episode where Kirk was split in two.

Probably not but I was just going on the statement the Jessica made that she was there because Nikki couldn't take care of herself. I just don't like the character at this point and I can't see her joining a band of heroes when she is nothing more then a soccer mom that sometimes snaps and becomes a psychopathic super criminal.