PDA

View Full Version : Wave One pics are up!!! (Everybody be excited!)

JEDIpartner
09-25-2006, 01:58 PM
Official SSG Link: SOURCE (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=365) :thumbsup:

Mace Windu (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/428.jpg) - He appears to be an entirely new sculpt.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/425.jpg) - Reissue of the Pilot figure but with a new head that accommodates the aqua-breather accessory. Also comes with a new version of the Magnaguard pike and Grievous's blaster-- but no lightsaber?

Galactic Marine (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/423.jpg) - The kids are gonna love this one!! Snowtrooper in new grape flavour! :)

Artoo-Detoo (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/421.jpg) - Better than previous attempts on the rocket-Artoos but the paint deco leaves something to be desired.

Mustafar Lava Miner (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/420.jpg) - Freaky!!!!! I love it!!!

Airborne Trooper (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/435.jpg) - The sculpt is a little soft but it's still good nonetheless!!

Super Battle Droid (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/433.jpg) - It looks like a new sculpt (in hopefully sturdier plastic) and it has pivoting elbow joints so it can grab or fire! Speaking of fire, it's also got some odd fire deco.

McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/432.jpg) - Same trooper... new deco.

I'm likely to pass on the Obi-Wan and the McQuarrie Trooper. I may pick up a Super Battle Droid, a Mace and an Artoo but the rest of them are definites!!!!

Darth Cruel
09-25-2006, 02:22 PM
We collectors have good things to look forward to next year if these hi-res pics are indicative of the figures from wave 1 that we will actually get on the pegs.

And mark me up as a 41 year old kid looking forward to the Galactic Marine.

dindae
09-25-2006, 02:26 PM
Looks like a good wave. Over all I'm pretty please although it hard to get excited over a new R2 or Obi-Wan. I will be good to have an non action feature Mace. But I'm most excited about the Galactic Marine.

DarkArtist
09-25-2006, 02:35 PM
Can't wait to get these babies. I may even pick up the Obi Wan just to have.

JediTricks
09-25-2006, 02:38 PM
It seems kinda weird that the first wave of the 30th anniversary of Star Wars line starts with all ROTS figures, no ANH.

That head on Mace doesn't look much like him, maybe it'll look better in person from another angle but even the coloring is wrong.

The Obi-Wan with new head seems pretty cool, sucks he doesn't have his saber hilt though - he's even still got the hole for it on his belt (he had his saber back when he hit the water).

The Marine has good arm articulation, not sure about the knees, but overall looks pretty dandy and I like his backpack.

I'm not sure what to make of the R2, his dome isn't chrome which is good, and I like the jets themselves (I'm assuming they're removable), but I really wish the boost effects were removable (only the orange ones appear to be) and I hope that 3rd leg is removable or retractable. I ain't so thrilled about R2's jet glow paint either.

Lava Miner to me is Captain WTF, but I may get him because he's weird and I like the accessory.

The coins do nothing for me except I do like the shape repeated around the outer edge.

JP, next time check SSG first. ;) We had 'em before you posted.

kool-aid killer
09-25-2006, 02:48 PM
Cool, im digging them, though a closer look at them once they arrive will determine if i get them all. Mace really needs a decent figure, but from what JT says this might not be the one. I like the booster effects on R2, but im not sure if that will be enough for me to feel hes worth buying. I'll probably pass on Kenobi because ive already got an ample amount of his figures. But i really like the Marine and Miner, even if he looks like hes squatting to pick up dog poop.

El Chuxter
09-25-2006, 03:10 PM
Head issues aside, the Mace figure looks like he's gonna rock. If nothing else, switch the head with one of the action-feature Maces. (Both the AOTC Deluxe and the AOTC "screaming" Mace had nice head sculpts.)

LTBasker
09-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Even though I really didn't like the card design, it's not real bad seeing the way the bubble is. I'm glad the bubble is finally normal again and the figures will be much easier to stack, though I'm worried about the structual integrity of the top half of the card. It'll be odd sifting through pegs of these, they look like they could cut your hand. :eek:

Glad the first wave is only 5 figures as well, with all the figures from Saga that are still left to get and whatnot...it'll be nice to have a trickle of figures instead of a flood.

Anyhoo...

Galactice Marine- Pretty cool, I hope this means it's inevitable to get a decent Snowtrooper. Interesting how they're using the more accurately detailed (though more inaccurately scaled) rifle from the Evo sets instead of the one they had been using since AOTC.

Mace - Alot better than the ROTS version though it still feels slightly off to me, I think it's mostly the glossy head.

Obi-Wan - What's with the breathing unit? I don't remember him ever using it post-TPM, unless he used it in the Clone Wars and I don't remember? I doubt I'll be picking up a second to open since I don't need anymore ROTS Obi-Wans...

Lava Miner - Interesting, didn't really care if it was made or not but I'll pick it up obviously.

R2 - ...why?

Overall, I'm just excited that they're stackable again, the coins aren't randomly packed AND it looks like there won't be any tape use!

JediTricks
09-25-2006, 03:18 PM
3 more figures added!!! I just added them to the story for Steve:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=365

Airborne Trooper, Super Battle Droid, and McQuarrie Concept Trooper images added.

The Super Battle Droid concept is clearly to go with that R2, he's in oily flames like from the ROTS scene. And they gave him real articulation! Friggin finally!

Airborne Trooper looks cool, I like the gear, the weathering could have been a little better but oh well.

The repainted McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper looks very cool, they did a much nicer job this time around, it's a must-have in my book.

I wonder where the card numbers are on these, I don't see 'em.

Battle Droid
09-25-2006, 03:30 PM
That SBD is AWESOME!

Rocketboy
09-25-2006, 03:44 PM
Mace is the only one that sparks my interest.
The rest are boring or look like carp.

JEDIpartner
09-25-2006, 03:55 PM
I actually think the Mace is kinda lame looking. It doesn't look like him at all and he's too dark. :confused:

mtriv73
09-25-2006, 04:11 PM
The only one I don't care for is the R2. That painted on oil splotch reminds me too much of the Luke stormtrooper that came with the board game years ago. Oh well, I'll buy them all anyway.

BlueSnags
09-25-2006, 04:17 PM
I'm ALL over that McQuarrie Trooper and Galactic Marine. There will be army-building...OH YES...there will be army-building.:whip:

Here's a carded pic of our friend the Airborne Trooper. Very cool.
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=365
(http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=365%3Cbr%20/%3E)

JEDIpartner
09-25-2006, 04:30 PM
I still don't understand the "I don't like it but I'll buy it anyway" mentality. *shrug* That's almost like "peas make me vomit but I need to have X-servings of vegetables a day, so I'll still eat them and then throw up anyhow". :rolleyes:

JediTricks
09-25-2006, 04:33 PM
Why are you guys linking to OTHER sites' coverage of these images when we have 'em on SSG already?

That intentional paint splotch on R2 ain't that great, but it's there because of the oil in the scene, it's not random weathering, it's specific. The "Escape the Death Star" board game Luke was more about Hasbro failing to capture the essence of the muck in the trash masher which was more random than their dots.

JEDIpartner
09-25-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm linking to SSG's pictures now... and I updated my initial entry. :)

JediTricks
09-25-2006, 04:41 PM
I'm linking to SSG's pictures now... and I updated my initial entry. :)
Nice work, very nifty. :cool:

But I really am actually curious why folks cite other sites when SSG has the same news at the same - or earlier - time. If we could figure out what that is, we could work on that.

Jargo
09-25-2006, 04:41 PM
Me thinky they all stinky. with a possible maybe not so stinky on the lava miner but I'm curious to know whether it's a droid, alien or human. the head looks well weird.

"nil point" from me.

pbarnard
09-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Why start with RotS? Because like most year to year transitional waves that hit after holidays, they don't always appear when or where they're supposed to. Hasbro is betting on the retailers screwing up distribution and not risking the true 30th Aniversary figs (any ANH, other movies wait your turn) not ever showing up.

JEDIpartner
09-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Nice work, very nifty. :cool:

But I really am actually curious why folks cite other sites when SSG has the same news at the same - or earlier - time. If we could figure out what that is, we could work on that.

Okay... I think it's 'cos I was in the forums and was logged in there. So-- I didn't see the update on the front page but DID see the update on GH as I was tottering about the net in another window. So... that's my excuse. :)

Droid
09-25-2006, 05:10 PM
I am not a clone expert. Do we see "airborne troopers" in the movie? If so, where, how many are shown, and does an airborne trooper have dialogue?

I can't keep the clones straight!

JediTricks
09-25-2006, 05:14 PM
Okay... I think it's 'cos I was in the forums and was logged in there. So-- I didn't see the update on the front page but DID see the update on GH as I was tottering about the net in another window. So... that's my excuse. :)
Alright, thanks for the input. If you don't mind a follow-up, do you notice the "newsbot" posts that are entered into the forums? They show up in "new posts" as soon as the news is live.

Darth Cruel
09-25-2006, 05:16 PM
I am not a clone expert. Do we see "airborne troopers" in the movie? If so, where, how many are shown, and does an airborne trooper have dialogue?

I can't keep the clones straight!

Yes they were. During the Battle of Utapau when Cody and the Clones are assaulting you see quite a few of them. Grievous runs one over whith his wheel bike trying to get away from Obi-Wan just after Obi-Wan cuts off two of his mechanical claws.

dindae
09-25-2006, 05:37 PM
Alright, thanks for the input. If you don't mind a follow-up, do you notice the "newsbot" posts that are entered into the forums? They show up in "new posts" as soon as the news is live.

I tend not to notice these because they are not in the Toys/Collectibles section where I spend most of my time.

Droid
09-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Yes they were. During the Battle of Utapau when Cody and the Clones are assaulting you see quite a few of them. Grievous runs one over whith his wheel bike trying to get away from Obi-Wan just after Obi-Wan cuts off two of his mechanical claws.

Thanks a lot! I guess I'll buy one then.

Tycho
09-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Why start with RotS? Because like most year to year transitional waves that hit after holidays, they don't always appear when or where they're supposed to. Hasbro is betting on the retailers screwing up distribution and not risking the true 30th Aniversary figs (any ANH, other movies wait your turn) not ever showing up.

I think because ROTS was the most action orientated and popular SW movie in kids' minds (due to their short-term memory, as well as age) and Hasbro still wants the kid market engaged. Plus ROTS toys will go with the "Buy these figures and get Lushros Dofine free program" they're going to need to offer.

I may have to get R2 and 2 SuperBattleDroids, I like those.

2 Airbornes for me.
2 Lava Miners for me.
4 Galactic Marines for me.

Though I'm not buying all 8 figures, I'm getting 11 toys total, so I'd say Hasbro did pretty good on this wave for my tastes.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-25-2006, 06:54 PM
Holy God! I think these all look FANTASTIC! I'm even liking the card design a good bit more than when we first saw it. I thought a lot of these would be repacks but I like how they each have something new to bring to the table.

Galactic Marine - we saw this one at Comic-Con, but it's still damn cool.

Mace Windu - FINALLY, a good Mace. He looks like he has some great articulation and I like that they gave him a cloak and lightning effects. Hopefully the wrist is easily removable.

R2-D2 - just the fact that they made him in this form is awesome. I can't tell which one it is (it looks like a modified R4-G9 sculpt), but it looks pretty sweet. I actually like the orange paint so it works for me.

Obi-Wan Kenobi - instead of doing a straight repack, they decided to give it something more, which is awesome. We finally get an "on" staff, which I've wanted for a long time. The breather looks great and I like how it doesn't ruin the head sculpt.

Mustafar Lava Miner - this looks a little odd, but so did the character, so it's all good.

Airborne Trooper - this guy looks damn sweet.

Super Battle Droid - I love this guy, he'll go great with the R2-D2 (I'll probably get two).

Concept Stormtrooper (Ralph McQuarrie Signature Series) - I wasn't planning on getting him again but the new deco is just too damn good to pass up. I love the blast marks on the shield quite a bit. I also like how the concept figures seem to have a slightly different card, with the artwork stuff on the SW logo.

I also really like the coins. It looks like the figure's number is on that (and probably on the cardback), and from what I can tell they are:
1. Darth Vader with Coin Album (not shown here)
2. Galactic Marine
3. Mace Windu
4. R2-D2
5. Obi-Wan Kenobi
6. Mustafar Lava Miner
7. Airborne Trooper
8. Super Battle Droid
9. Concept Stormtrooper (Ralph McQuarrie Signature Series)
But I could be wrong.

Blue2th
09-25-2006, 07:22 PM
Not only that but you have two more figure pics than the closest competitor. ......I'm still not that enthused with the cards, but oh well, I'll be buying all of them for loose display.:thumbsup:

JEDIpartner
09-25-2006, 08:00 PM

No probs! I DO notice them when I am in a place in the forums where they show up. If I am in a particular thread or section, I don't see them.

Kidhuman
09-25-2006, 08:26 PM
GARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR why do they have to put that stupid force lightning on the sabers again? I hate it.

I love the G. Marine. The clone troopers helmet looks like its on sideways.&

VidKidd
09-25-2006, 08:32 PM
I must say. I was happy when they released the minor pics way back when. Now... Im even more excited. I love it all. ANd yes im very happy the bubble are flat and will defently be easier to deal with. alot easier.And as for the marine and airborne, well my recent love of getting double clones so i can open one will defently continue. Hope these are better looking then shown, its always nice for things to look better then expected.

BlueSnags
09-25-2006, 09:44 PM
The packaging looks much better than I thought it would. I actually like it now that I've seen more of it.:laugh:

2-1B
09-25-2006, 11:52 PM
I'm not compelled by these to start collecting again...but I'll probably scoop up a carded Obi-Wan.

Turbowars
09-26-2006, 01:02 AM
"Awesome totally Awesome" Damn those cards look really cool. That Stormy has be watering at the mouth. The color of the Marine looks off. I do not like purple on action figures. R2 looks like crap and so does that stupid mining thing. Let me tell you one thing, I'm sick of ROTS crap. Give me OT I beg you Hasbro, because that's pretty much the only $ you will get from me these days. Looks to me like this was minus the stormy was planned for the saga waves, but got cut.

figrin bran
09-26-2006, 02:35 AM
so turbo, you only like purple on vehicles and lightsabers? :p

the GM's look more dark maroonish to me which is the color they're supposed to be. i'm definitely buying tons of those as well as the airborne troopers!

bobafrett
09-26-2006, 07:05 AM
I like the Mace, by far the best I have seen to date. But then I'm remembering the one with the screaming Windu, and the large stick in my back Windu.

Old Fossil
09-26-2006, 09:23 AM
I'm glad there's so many out there who are salivating over this wave, because if more collectors shared my view -- that this entire wave SUCKS -- the line might die off sooner, and there would be no possibilty of anything actually worthwile coming out. SO bully for you all, please be sure to scoop up all these.:rolleyes:

I guess we'll have to wait even longer for a good R2-D2. And clones are SO yesterday!!!

pegger
09-26-2006, 09:24 AM
When I saw these, one thing popped into mind immediately!!!!

"meh...."

JetsAndHeels
09-26-2006, 11:13 AM
I'm not compelled by these to start collecting again...but I'll probably scoop up a carded Obi-Wan.

I echo those sentiments...Not enough for me to jump back into SW collecting full-time but I will definately pick up a couple of these probably..perhaps more if I like what I see when they hit the pegs.

Tycho
09-26-2006, 11:38 AM
Are the last 3 of you to post predominantly classic Star Wars collectors?

Just curious. Because if you do get into Prequel figures at all, the Clones and variations on several of the droids shown here, plus the Lava Miner, are awesome!

TheDarthVader
09-26-2006, 12:10 PM
I like the Mace Windu figure! I will be getting one for my jedi council scene, replacing the ROTS version. I will also be getting the marine and concept stormtrooper. The Lava Miner looks great, but I am going to pass on the rest of these. Sadly, I have lost some of my SW collecting spirit. :(

Rogue II
09-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Let me tell you one thing, I'm sick of ROTS crap. Give me OT I beg you Hasbro, because that's pretty much the only $ you will get from me these days. Looks to me like this was minus the stormy was planned for the saga waves, but got cut.

I hear you. There is nothing in this wave I will buy. The concept figures don't interest me, but I know people like them. There is going to be one concept figure in every wave in 2007?

2006 had some decent figures from the OT, but I'm tired of seeing all of those ROTS figures on the pegs.

The weird thing is, part of me is starting to not care if they make many OT toys. I don't buy PT figures, and I haven't bought any of the re-released figures like Barada, prisoner Chewbacca, or the ROTJ Emperor. The only re-released figure I plan to buy this year is Kitak from the Cantina. Not spending money on all these figures is kind of nice. Now I just waste it on other stuff.

pegger
09-26-2006, 01:29 PM
I like prequel stuff fine - I would even say on par with OT stuff but:

1) Mace is just meh to me. The face is still wrong. Atleast he doesn't look like a monkey boy now, but I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's OK - just not exciting. Granted this is the probably the best figure of him, but I was hoping for an SA Samuel Jackson...not an SA black guy pretending to be Mace.

2) Obi Wan...Same figure with a different mouth and some new accessories. This should get me excited?? again - meh.

3) R2 - I find it really hard to get excitied about R2 now because I have SO many versions of him... What's new with this? The flames..Woopee! Just not a high priority figure in my mind. (I REALLY want a ROTJ Bunker R2...I don't want any other R2s) again - meh.

4) Galactic Marine - OK, they did a good job on this one - it is cool...but I'm on clone overload right now. There has been SO many different clones out in the past 2 years, I'm just not hopping up and down for it. so maybe more than meh... say.. hmmmm?

5) Airborne trooper - see above.

6) Lava Miner - there's nothing wrong with it...cool minor alien background character. Doesn't look to bad. Would have rather had some seperatist leaders tho...Just not a high priority figure for me.

7) Concept trooper - repaint. I'm supposed to get all excited about a repaint?

8) Super Battle Droid - I'm happy he's articulated better - but I really want to know if it's still the cheap bendy plastic, or if they strengthed him up a bit. I reserve any judgement until then.

So out of 8 figures - 3 are hmmm... (Galactic Marine, Airborne trooper and Lava Miner) and 1 is "wait and see" (SBD). The other 4 just don't do it for me....They are fine - but certainly not "OMG what an awesome wave"

Maybe it's more of ROTS overload than anything else. I wouldn't mind some more TPM figures or AOTC figures - they don't seem to get much attention. It does suprise me that the 30th Anniversary line starts off with ROTS and not ANH.

I'll put it this way - when they annouced the Death Star Conference set - I was on cloud 9! I was SOOO excited!!! Finally a Wulf!!! Finally a Tagge!!! Finally a Bast!!! More imperial officers!!! That was GREAT news!

This first wave just smacks of mediocrity to me. I was expecting more from the 1st wave of the 30th anniversary.

Droid
09-26-2006, 02:54 PM
I'm passing on Obi-wan, Mace, R2, and the Super Battle Droid.

I'll buy one Airborne Clone, three Marines, and two Lava Miners. I'll PROBABLY buy one concept Stormtrooper. So I guess me buying 7 figures in an eight figure wave is pretty good for Hasbro.

But none of these figures are big priorities for me, not even as far as Revenge of the Sith goes. I'd rather have the Queen of Alderaan, a good figure of the Emperor announcing the creation of the Empire, the Utaupa fuel guys, Padme with her hair in buns, a bigger version of Grievous, Padme from the birthing room, Padme at her funeral, the other medical droids from when Vader was created, OWEN, BERU, or Bail in the outfit he wore in the last scene. But that's just me. Hasbro will likely see great success with this wave and as I said, I'll likely buy eight figures so they're doing something right.

JetsAndHeels
09-26-2006, 04:06 PM
Are the last 3 of you to post predominantly classic Star Wars collectors?

Tycho, I collect all Star Wars but what I see in this wave is hardly enough to get me really enthusiastic. It's just a money issue for me mostly....like I said in my previous post, if I like them more once I spot them on the pegs I may be more inclined to purchase them.

Tycho
09-26-2006, 04:12 PM
Thanks for all of your responses guys. Your reasoning is well thought out and of interest to me.

We each have our own unique interests and quirks about this hobby. I myself want only 2 or 3 figures from the last 22 for 2006 (Not the Naboo Wave - but the final 22 that will be out at Wal-Mart alone, and mostly consist of repacks).

There-in, I'll only be down for Clones - quite the opposite of many of you.

Tycho
09-26-2006, 04:16 PM
By the way, I posted a picture of the "Final 22" that are Wal-Mart exclusives only. Many of you get these figures confused with the Naboo Wave which are available (or will be available one hopes) at all stores.

Droid
09-26-2006, 04:22 PM
I'll buy one Holo Cody, one black R5 unit, one holo Obiwan, 3 Kashykk biker scouts, one Yarael IF he can hold the lightsaber, one "Vader" R2, one arena Padme, one each of the cantina alien repaints, and one purple R2. 13 purchases, 11 figures out of 22 is pretty good for a lot of repaints and resculpts, but none of the 22 excite me.

Darth Cruel
09-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Thanks for all of your responses guys. Your reasoning is well thought out and of interest to me.

We each have our own unique interests and quirks about this hobby. I myself want only 2 or 3 figures from the last 22 for 2006 (Not the Naboo Wave - but the final 22 that will be out at Wal-Mart alone, and mostly consist of repacks).

There-in, I'll only be down for Clones - quite the opposite of many of you.

Did I get something wrong? I thought only the last 7 were Wal-Mart exclusives.

Anyway - I am in a very strange situation when it comes to figures. I collect all of them whether I like them or not. It is more of a completism thing than a "thinking-the-figures-are-cool" thing. And I hate that sometimes because I know that I am in no small way one of the people responsible for Hasbro thinking they can make any piece of crap they want and it will sell. But I am just not interested in my collection having holes in it. I am trying to change my collecting habits to only picking up the ones I really like (I do want a bunch of the troop-builders) and hoping that two things will transpire: 1) that Hasbro will get the message and start making better figures, and 2) that I can go and get the ones I pass on later on the secondary market for less than shelf price because they may be peg-warmers.

But I do understand other people considering their collection complete without buying every figure. It is just in what defines your collection. Some people want only all things Vader or a favorite character, some only want the figures from the movies they liked better.

My own collection is defined as all action figures, vehicles, playsets, and accessories from the 3 3/4" and 12" lines in the condition they were originally released. Which means that if Hasbro teams up with a game manufacturer and puts a figure in a game a la Roworr or the Biker Scout...I buy the game just to get the figure as it was originally released.

Darth Cruel
09-26-2006, 04:53 PM
I just double-checked. And #70 (Kitik Keedkak) is the first Wal-Mart exclusive. This preview is pretty specific about it.

http://starwars.com/community/event/con/f20060718/20060718_picview_hasbro/pictureviewer.html?imgNum=21&world=community

Snowtrooper
09-26-2006, 06:43 PM
Is the R2-D2 thats in this wave supposed to be the silver domed one using the R4-G9 mold that Hasbro said we would be getting in 07? Or is that yet to come? If it is, then this is gonna be a big disappointment.

plasticfetish
09-26-2006, 09:21 PM
It seems kinda weird that the first wave of the 30th anniversary of Star Wars line starts with all ROTS figures, no ANH.That was my first thought also, but I'm not surprised. They probably had this stuff ready to go, so they just folded it into the line.

Anyway, here are my thoughts...

At first, I was pretty critical of this card style, and though I still have my issues with it being a little "played out" design wise, I like the look of the final product. The addition of figure, bubble and coin makes a big difference to me, and I'm gonna change my initial opinion from "don't like" to "like." (Not quite at "like it a lot" yet, but I'll wait 'til I see them in person before I really decide.)

Galactic Marine: I'm a little tired of clones, but this looks like a fun toy... and I like purple, so I'll buy it.

Mace Windu: I'll cross my fingers and say a little prayer that what we find hanging on the pegs ends up looking exactly like this, but I really think this is gonna be the best Mace Windu. It looks like what I've wanted all along. It also looks like a figure that will fit comfortably inside the Starfighter that's gathering dust on the shelves right now. No complaints from me here -- I'll even buy one to keep carded.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: My initial take is that this one is filler and not worth buying, but the more I think about it, I may just get one to keep carded and to display with that Target exclusive Grievous we just got. (I dunno... maybe not.)

Mustafar Lava Miner: I like it when they throw one big weird figure like this into a wave, so I'm all for this one. Looks like it has surprisingly decent articulation also.

R2-D2: Here again, my initial opinion was that this was yet another version of R2 that I didn't need. After thinking about it for a bit though, and after looking at it for a day or so, it's really grown on me... as a figure to keep carded anyway. Previous "flying" versions of R2 were really awful, but this one has some decent play value, and just seems more fun.

Airborne Trooper: I'm a little tired of clones, but this looks like a fun toy... and I like orange, so I'll buy it. ;)

McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper: Damn! I really thought that I could skip this one, but the new paint is very nice, and frankly I like the card art and the idea of having McQuarrie's signature on there. Yes, I'll buy this. (I'm also excited about the rest of this "signature series.")

Super Battle Droid: Awesome. If the paint ends up being decent, and the articulation is as good as it seems, I'm very excited about this one. (As a side note, my son has been asking if they'd ever do a "good" version of the SBD, and he was pretty excited abut this one also.)

So, in all I think it's a good wave. It's weird that this first bunch has nothing to do with the OT (aside from the concept trooper), but its' not a bad start.

evenflow
09-26-2006, 09:28 PM
I think they look great, can't wait for these and the coins

Jargo
09-26-2006, 09:53 PM
normally after my initial reaction to new stuff I find some redeeming features that allow me to warm to certain figures but these just look dull dull dull. I've just started picking up a few figures I missed out on in my collecting cold turkey. But considering how long it is since i last bought anything I'm finding it so easy to just pass stuff by. and retrospect collecting means picking up the best of the three million re-issues and resculpts. but I just can't see any way I'll ever think these are good figures. It'slike the whole selection misses the point that star wars is an anti war, anti religion, anti politics saga. and all these toys do is glorify the machinery of destruction and horror and somehow make building a cold unfeeling army that feeds on the fear they instill seem like fun. I don't know whether it's the global socio-political climate or a USA centric thing but it seems completely backwards to me. All these clone wars troopers just depress the hell out of me. it's real f***** up.

Tycho
09-26-2006, 10:26 PM
That's a very unique take on Star Wars there, Jargo.

I see E3 as Palpatine solidifying his powerbase just like someone else in real life (and let's not take THIS thread into the Rancor Pit - that'd be a hoot - but I'm trying to behave here, as everyone should know I have so much more I want to say...)

Anyway, new clone figures can always be interesting:

Waterboarding Clone

Wiretapping Clone

Financial Investigator Clone

Quayle Hunting Clone

:D

But the Rebel Alliance is about a group of terrorists fighting against a once ELECTED authority figure, and they use tactics like suicide bomber Arvel Crynyd who strapped an A-Wing onto his backside and used it to destroy government property, the ISF Executor, with nearly 10,000 hands aboard - as well as civilian contractors who died on the Death Star below the ship when it crashed.

Han Solo was a drug smuggler who's reward bounty for assisting a fugative Princess who was captured and convicted of espionage on behalf of the same terrorists, went on to finance further terrorist activities include the resupply and fueling of a terrorist ship - the Millennium Falcon.

Palpatine's Imperial Government lost legitimacy as far as I'm concerned, as soon as he declared the Republic abolished and replaced by his Empire. The Alliance was a pretty unsavory outfit as well though. Only later, was the New Republic validated by the galaxy-wide votes of the people.

Meanwhile, the story of Star Wars is a tragedy - of course it would be depressing - it was ever since we first gazed on Uncle Owen's and Aunt Beru's charred remains left to rot in the desert.

Lucas tries and sort of fails to write light-hearted stuff into the saga with Gungans and Ewoks. They bookend the saga showing happier times and a return to them - as it wouldn't have fit the mood if the Ugnaughts did a polka dance around the climax of Empire Strikes Back.

2-1B
09-26-2006, 10:32 PM
I just double-checked. And #70 (Kitik Keedkak) is the first Wal-Mart exclusive. This preview is pretty specific about it.

http://starwars.com/community/event/con/f20060718/20060718_picview_hasbro/pictureviewer.html?imgNum=21&world=community

I don't remember who had this as his sig line but it's always been one of my favorites...
"Kitik Keedaks for everyone!"

lol lol lol

Kidhuman
09-26-2006, 11:05 PM
I remember that one and it was damn funny. &

Battle Droid
09-27-2006, 02:11 AM
Case Assortment

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87500A

Wave 1 includes 12 individually packaged action figures, including: 2x Galactic Marine, 2x R2-D2, 1x Mustafarian Lava Miner, 2x Obi-Wan Kenobi, 2x Utapau Airborne Trooper, 1x McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper, 1x Mace Windu, and 1x Super Battle Droid.

ACK! 1 SBD!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? 2 Kenobi and Artoos? :upset:

BlueSnags
09-27-2006, 02:21 AM
Case Assortment

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87500A

Wave 1 includes 12 individually packaged action figures, including: 2x Galactic Marine, 2x R2-D2, 1x Mustafarian Lava Miner, 2x Obi-Wan Kenobi, 2x Utapau Airborne Trooper, 1x McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper, 1x Mace Windu, and 1x Super Battle Droid.

ACK! 1 SBD!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? 2 Kenobi and Artoos? :upset:

Typical Hasblow case ratio. Let's load up on Obi-Wans and Artoos and short pack the McQuarrie figures...

AmanaMatt
09-27-2006, 03:03 AM
Cool Wave.....

The Marine and the Airborne trooper are must haves.....R2 is a pass

I love the McQuarrie Trooper repaint - much better than the original - I will have to get this one, and I love the pic that goes with it. Anyone notice the package of this says: Signature Series....did McQuarrie himself actually sign these?!?! Or just some?

plasticfetish
09-27-2006, 03:55 AM
It's like the whole selection misses the point that star wars is an anti war, anti religion, anti politics saga.That was always a subtle thing about the OT, and yeah, there's nothing really subtle about 50 different clone soldier toys, but I'm not sure that the PT is strictly void of any kind of "message." The classic "good triumphs over evil" thing may have been slightly overshadowed by the current "buy clone soldier toys" theme, but it's still in there somewhere.

Toys is toys though, and this franchise has always been about selling plastic figures mounted on a cardback, so I'm not likely to start knocking it now.

Tycho
09-27-2006, 04:25 AM
First, in the prequel trilogy, EVIL conquers GOOD. The bad guys win. The Jedi are all but killed, as is Padme, and Yoda and Obi-Wan are left off as fugitives. Anakin's been corrupted, dismembered, and burned alive - it's pretty bad.

That's also what makes it so cool and different. It's as if the Harry Potter movies would end with Godzilla stepping on him.

but I'm not sure that the PT is strictly void of any kind of "message."

The PT is holding a huge warning about tyranny directly applicable to things in current events today. Like I said, this topic shouldn't be hovering over the Rancor Pit, but it is.

Padme said "So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." A recent historical figure also said that only a very short while ago. There wasn't a coincidence.

Star Wars is not an anti-war, anti-religion, anti-politics saga. It is quite the opposite all about war, revenge, adherence to the Jedi religion (or the Sith one), and full of the politics that created the CIS, corrupt Republic, Galactic Empire, and the revolutionary Rebel Alliance.

plasticfetish
09-27-2006, 05:26 AM
Like I said, this topic shouldn't be hovering over the Rancor Pit, but it is.As long as we're still talking about Star Wars or Star Wars toys (aka the topic of the thread) there shouldn't be a problem.

jedi master sal
09-27-2006, 09:58 AM
I think 'm going to buy two cases from EE of this first wave. Thankfully the way they are packed won't bring me too many extras. Those I'll either sell to fellow collectors at cost or take them to Wal*Mart.

The case breakdown is as such:
2x Galactic Marine
2x R2-D2
1x Mustafarian Lava Miner
2x Obi-Wan Kenobi
2x Utapau Airborne Trooper
1x McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper
1x Mace Windu
1x Super Battle Droid

So getting two cases of those, I'll only have the following extras:
2x R2-D2
2x Obi-Wan Kenobi

Not bad. Oh and if you get the cases from EE they are $83.99 which comes to $7 per fig. Add in shipping and you are paying just a little over retail, but with NONE of the hassle of finding them, nor gas wasted looking for them.

If you think you might go that route and buy from EE, please be sure and click the link here on SSG. It helps Steve and the site if you do.

(Sorry for the shameless plug...)

-Sal

Luuuuuuke
09-27-2006, 11:39 AM
I just ordered 3 Marines, 2 Airbornes and one McQuarrie trooper online. Since I'm not getting the rest the $8.99, 9.99 and 12.99 i paid respectively will kind of balance out. I figure if I can find 2 more Marines and Airbornes at retail I'm set. I've become very clone-centric.

abell748
09-28-2006, 06:09 AM
I love the coins, they will go good with my POTF coins. I will get everything to get the coin set, but the figures I do not really want my kids said they would gladly take. I am sick of ROTS figures also. I wonder how many of them we have compared with the other PT movie lines. Oh... if the Imperials were allowed to intercept transmissions then many lives would have been saved at Yavin.

Phantom-like Menace
09-28-2006, 08:36 AM
It'slike the whole selection misses the point that star wars is an anti war, anti religion, anti politics saga. and all these toys do is glorify the machinery of destruction and horror and somehow make building a cold unfeeling army that feeds on the fear they instill seem like fun. I don't know whether it's the global socio-political climate or a USA centric thing but it seems completely backwards to me. All these clone wars troopers just depress the hell out of me. it's real f***** up.

Actually, my large clone army usually talks about feelings and then they hold each other. Yesterday, after a long session where each told another something positive about him, they adopted a lame cat they named Speedy and they're nursing it back to health. It was really very beautiful. I might cry.

For the record, my Luke Skywalker figure is currently proving Star Wars is anti-war by putting away his lightsaber and gun, making salt out of sea water and spinning his own traditional Jedi garments on a loom. That'll show the Galactic Empire.

jedi master sal
09-28-2006, 08:51 AM
I think I'm starting to outgrow SW....

While at first I thought collecting the coins would be cool, I then came to the realization, WHY?

It's not like I'm going to be the only one, or even the only one locally to have them. So why bother getting all of those rehashed figures just for some stupid coin. Plastic or metal. It just doesn't justify the $7+

From now on I'm just buying the figs I want. No rehashes unless there are SIGNIFICANT upgrades. Oh yes, I'll still army build. But other than Battle Droids, there isn't any SW armies left for me to really build up. I would have gone nuts on the Kashyyyk trooper, but since they are just the VTSC Biker scout with new paint, I'm only getting 20-40 instead of the once thought 60-80. If Hasbro would have just fixed the dang helmet to be correct...(Another $400-500 they've lost from me.)

And that's not to say I'm going to use that $ for some other SW stuff. I'm slowing down in all areas. Mini Busts while very cool are $45+ a pop and are coming out a bit too often. The Bust-ups are getting much harder to find at retail and I don't want to be forced to buy a case that I know I'll have unwanted and unsellable extras. Plus I might not get teh variants. So they've killed that for me. I've only bought some of SSC's stuff, and definitely won't be going crazy buying their stuff either. MR fizzled with me. I loved the mini saber line, but too many exclusives then the LONG wait for the mini blasters really diminshed my interest.

I really hate saying this, but I think my interest in collecting SW has started to wane to the point that I expect to drop it all together in a year or two. The TV show will try hard to keep things going, but I just don't see it.

Sorry if my post is bringing anyone down. I guess I'm just starting to realize how much money I've spent on this stuff over the years. It's been fun, but when I have no room in my place to display them, I have to think, WHY?

It was an obsession for the past 10 years. Akin to addiction. I think I've finally broken that.

Again, I'll still collect stuff for awhile. Just not going to be as active doing it and certainly not going to buy as much. I'm shifting more to buying online to save frustrating fruitless toy runs and wasting gas.

I'll always love SW and of course am still going to be a member/moderator here. Just less active.

For those that have "been in the game" as long as I, it's just a thought, but maybe you might want to take a step back too and give this consideration.

With respect,
-Sal

Darth Cruel
09-28-2006, 09:09 AM
normally after my initial reaction to new stuff I find some redeeming features that allow me to warm to certain figures but these just look dull dull dull. I've just started picking up a few figures I missed out on in my collecting cold turkey. But considering how long it is since i last bought anything I'm finding it so easy to just pass stuff by. and retrospect collecting means picking up the best of the three million re-issues and resculpts. but I just can't see any way I'll ever think these are good figures. It'slike the whole selection misses the point that star wars is an anti war, anti religion, anti politics saga. and all these toys do is glorify the machinery of destruction and horror and somehow make building a cold unfeeling army that feeds on the fear they instill seem like fun. I don't know whether it's the global socio-political climate or a USA centric thing but it seems completely backwards to me. All these clone wars troopers just depress the hell out of me. it's real f***** up.

WOW! You got all that from Star Wars? Did GL ever come out and say that he was sending an anti-all-of-this-stuff message? Seems to me to be much more likely that all of those anti-stuff messages are just a by-product of GL (or any other story-maker of any kind) simply having to draw from a limited experience pool.

pegger
09-28-2006, 09:16 AM
I hear ya Sal...

I've been giving heavy consideration as to how I will collect going forward. I'm getting tired of all the re-issues and re-hashes as well. Many of the "newer" figures are just not as interesting to me either... Besides,
I've got SO MANY figures, that I can't display them all - AND many of the earlier POTF2 ones are just horrid, and don't really deserve to be displayed.

I've actually started to make a list of all the figures that I want from the movies, (step one- which is pretty tough, considreing how many cool background aliens and characters there are when you watch it REALLY closely) .... comparing them to the figures I've got - and I may only get the ones that fill in the holes. (possibly with really cool, well done EU figures) I just can't afford 60+ figures a year, plus exclusives, plus vehicles, plus titaniums, plus..plus..plus.

Of course - I've been hard core collecting since '95. I was a DIE HARD completionist until OTC...but I just am not getting as excited about it all any more. Maybe 34 IS too old to be playing with toys! *sigh*

dindae
09-28-2006, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the tip Sal. I'm going to sell my Hasbro stock quickly before news gets out. :D

Seriously I think a lot of us have done a down shift in collocting in the past few years. I remember that in the POTF2 days people tons of people were buying every single carded variation some even getting the spelling error. I would there are some that have continued to get every little error and change but Hasbro with it's endless repacks/repaints has pounded that out of most of us. I didn't get into any of the high end lines for financial reasons but I stopped collecting carded figures, CCGs, Trading Cards, Miniature game, and probably will stop Lego shortly. I think most of these things are best if the lines die off after a few years but instead they either start rerelease/rescuplting everything or go to EU and minor characters which can be cool sometimes is just too much. Just imagine when MR starts putting out Beru's blue milk jug.

JEDIpartner
09-28-2006, 10:57 AM
From now on I'm just buying the figs I want. No rehashes unless there are SIGNIFICANT upgrades.

That's been my ethic with the 2006 Saga figures. I've only purchased about 1/2 of what's come out.

Droid
09-28-2006, 02:43 PM
I totally hear what some of you are saying about only buying the figures you want. I bought all carded figures until 2002, though I've always been an opener. Now I pick and choose and avoid a lot of the resculpts.

It is a funny sentence taken in isolation though, "I decided to only buy the figures I want." We're a sad bunch that it took some of so many years to only buy those items we want!

jedi master sal
09-28-2006, 03:08 PM
yeah, it's a strange sentence. For me, I wanted at least one of every figure. But rehashes got to me. I did pick some up for the cardbacks and that's where teh collecting crack started. I found myself buying needless figures, just for the card design. Ludicrious. It's not like there won't be many of these cards around for a long time. I don't really "need" to have them, so I stopped that practice.

I've bought some stinker figures in the past, just to flesh out scenes. Now I'm going to get more choosy. If the figure doesn't have the articulation I need for the scene I may way to put them in, it's just not going to get bought. Regardless if it's the much desired "third cantina patron from the right in the second scene after the side wipe..."

I dig background characters, but enoughs enough. No repaints and calling them NEW characters. (Clones being exceptinos with me)

I guess I'm just finding out that I don't really NEED this stuff. I WANT it. Maybe it's helped that I've branched out and now am a much more active fan of other things. Things that just don't cost so dang much.
Example, I'm a Firefly fan. I won't get any of the toys, and I just have the show and movie on DVD, plus a t-shirt and Jayne's knitted hat. THAT'S IT! yet, I'm every bit as much a fan as any other Firefly fan/Browncoat.

Same goes for my more recent fascination with campy horror flicks. I just wathc my local horror show and post on those boards. Other than that, I've bought one t-shirt from the show and some horror makeup for a "Zombie Walk" here in Pittsburgh. Small investments for both other hobbies, yet I've had just as much of not more fun with them than SW as of late.

Also with both of those hobbies, I've found a new found connectednes with my family. With Firefly, my fiancee's sister and her fiancee are both fans and we're having a marathon viewing of the shows this weekend. NO COST!

With the horror stuff, I've found that my fiancee likes it too, so we both enjoy posting on the same forums, a first. Again FREE.

Why in the heck it took this long for me to branch out I don't know. Maybe I just NEED to have something different. I honestly didn't think it would happen so soon and that I would be one of the last hanger-oners to SW. I guess I'm finding interaction with people in real life has become much more enjoyable than fantacising about a sci-fi life that will never come to pass. For me it's time to really start LIVING.

El Chuxter
09-28-2006, 03:20 PM
Me, I plan to army-build the R2-D2 and Mustafar Lava Miner.

Luuuuuuke
09-28-2006, 11:32 PM
I was never a completist to begin with, but I pretty much collect the equivalent of 1 to 2 of each figure because I army build just enough(between 6 to 18 of most clones, nothing compared to Sal, but still). I'm passing on most of the ships, so that alleviates some of my spending.

truth be told I can afford to buy more. i have a good job and my wife does too, but when you're married and you have a child, you just have to be more conscientious about your spending.

Blackthorpe
09-30-2006, 01:57 PM
I have been slacking off in my buying of late, too. Time was, I'd buy one of everything, but not variations. That never interested me really. And I'm an opener, so I don't care about packaging too much (though I do like to keep at least one packaged fig from each line). Recently, there hasn't been too much to peak my interest, which is good since I've been in school and haven't had much money, but with this wave for next year and a lot of the ones coming out at the end of this year, I'm seeing a lot more that I really want. I've been able to pass on a lot over the last year because they just weren't cool enough for me (too many repacks, mostly), but I won't be able to pass up a lot of these. I'll definitely get the Mace and the clones, and the concept trooper; the SBD is a maybe, if the flames are removable; the miner is pretty cool, but he'll depend on how much money I have at the time; I think I'll pass on Obi-Wan and R2, they just aren't cool enough for me. I think I'm looking at 16 of the 22 in that "final wave" or whatever it's called. I may have a hard time getting the Wal-Mart exclusives, though, since I try not to shop there if I can help it. Anyway, it looks like we're going to have a very exciting year, and I'm all for it! (And if so many are starting to collect less, then maybe I'll have an easier time finding what I want!)

Luuuuuuke
10-01-2006, 12:21 AM
(And if so many are starting to collect less, then maybe I'll have an easier time finding what I want!)

I'm not sure I even believe MYSELF when I say I'm going to collect less:D But looking at what's coming up, I think I can honestly say that I will as far as the next 3 waves. I'm skipping all but one and at the most two (holo Maul and perhaps Darth Vader) of the Endor/Naboo wave.

By the way, nice to run into you here Blackthorpe.:thumbsup:

Phantom-like Menace
10-01-2006, 12:24 AM
Jayne's knitted hat.

Sweet!

I've never considered recardings to be reason enough to get a figure. Obviously if it's an army builder, it's a welcome opportunity to get more of them, but I don't collect cards, I collect figures. Even resculpts hold little interest for me unless I consider it an improvement over previous sculpts. Outfit changes are important enough to buy in most cases, but there are some scenes I'm not too interested in. I have surprisingly few figures from Bespin, for instance.

I'm worse with Marvel figures. I usually get only one version of any character with very few exceptions. Iron Man is an obvious example of a character I can't have too many versions of. Black versus red and blue Spider-Man is an exception. I also want to build an Astonishing team, so I already have two different Colossus figures, two different Wolverine figures, and am looking forward to getting another Cyclops (it would actually be my third, but ML-9 Cyclops was purchase merely for sentinels . . . all three of them).

pegger
10-05-2006, 04:25 PM
New pictures are up on the Hasbro site.

Looks like the other one were prototypes or something - the head of Mace looks much better, as does Obi Wan.

R2 sitting on top of the SBD?? Could that mean they used much stronger plastic??? hmmm....

Sadly - looks like the McQuarrie Stormtrooper is not getting the re-painted sheild...

Battle Droid
10-05-2006, 04:31 PM
From the looks of it that's the old Concept Stormtrooper not the repaint we're getting.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-05-2006, 06:56 PM
It's hard to tell if the Hasbro site pics are prototypes, or if the SSG ones are. I hope the Stormtrooper looks as it does on SSG, but I like the new faces for Mace and Obi-Wan better.

Oh, and I also like how R2 and the droid can connect, but the picture's scale looks off (like they photoshopped R2 into it, but much smaller).

Kidhuman
10-05-2006, 07:19 PM
I like the Mace a little better now. The rest look basically the same to me. Here is the link

Isobars&:beard: (http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/default.cfm?page=news&newsid=14F43678-D56F-E112-4955F010BF412FB2)

Jargo
10-05-2006, 07:41 PM
it never works for me when people link to the hasbro site. and when i try to access collector news it tells me there are no news articles at all. I think it's a conspiracy....

Battle Droid
10-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Same for me.

Jargo
10-05-2006, 09:17 PM
I went to another site that linked to the same. have to say I'm still not liking them. I'm also wondering why R2-D2 is the only flying astro droid we see in the entire saga and why in ANH he hobbles down stairs in docking bay 94 but that's for a diferent thread.

Obi's legs look very strange. The galactic marine has enormous feet and I do like the removable satchel on the clonetrooper. I may buy one just for that. but then again i may not.

Old Fossil
10-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Still not biting, Hasbro.:p

I just realized that I have only 6 PT figures out on display:

Evolutions Anakin Skywalker
ROTS Count Dooku
R4-P17
R4-G9
R3-T7
R2-M5

That, out of about 150 displayed SW figures. So much for the PT! True love always wins in the end.:thumbsup:

Luuuuuuke
10-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Anyone pre-order the wave one figures? I did, from BBTS, but only a couple of the clones and one of the stormtroopers. I noticed the Galactic Marine sold out a lot faster than the Airborne Trooper. That one sold out, then became available again, then sold out again. But the Marine sold out and has not been available since.

jedi master sal
10-08-2006, 11:34 AM
I ordered two whole cases from EE. I won't have many extras, so I'm good with that. Still, I'm going to need a bit more Galactic Marines and a few more Airborne troopers.

Luuuuuuke
10-08-2006, 12:47 PM
I ordered two whole cases from EE. I won't have many extras, so I'm good with that. Still, I'm going to need a bit more Galactic Marines and a few more Airborne troopers.

I got 3 marines from BBTS and 2 airbornes. I figure I just want enough airborne troopers to accentuate my platoon of Utapau troopers, which total 15. So maybe 4, 5.

As for the Marines, I'll be happy with 6. I really just want one or two McQuarrie troopers, tops. It gets expensive if you buy individual figures, but since I'm passing on the rest of the figures from that wave, I'm passing on the AT-AT and most of Endor/Naboo, the gray Tie Fighter, Dagobah X-wing, et al, I figure it more than evens out.

jedi master sal
10-09-2006, 09:59 AM
I got 3 marines from BBTS and 2 airbornes. I figure I just want enough airborne troopers to accentuate my platoon of Utapau troopers, which total 15. So maybe 4, 5.

As for the Marines, I'll be happy with 6. I really just want one or two McQuarrie troopers, tops. It gets expensive if you buy individual figures, but since I'm passing on the rest of the figures from that wave, I'm passing on the AT-AT and most of Endor/Naboo, the gray Tie Fighter, Dagobah X-wing, et al, I figure it more than evens out.

See, I need a ratio of 1:10 Airborn troopers to Utapau troopers, so I need at least 10. I'm planning on between 10-20 Galactic Marines. Just depends on availibility and hopefully some help from my bros here.