PDA

View Full Version : Costumes on starwarshop.com

El Chuxter
09-26-2006, 08:33 AM
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=32884&highlight=costumes

Maybe it's just me, but these look as unimpressive as the costumes that've been marketed by various companies for years. Lucasfilm looks like they have done as remarkable a job with this as they did with the customizable t-shirts.

Way to drop the ball again, guys. :rolleyes:

mabudonicus
09-26-2006, 11:29 AM
man, that R2 costume is a genuine PICE :beard:

and the Dog-Vader thing looks like cruelty to animals almost...

Still don't know what costume I'm gonna don but it'll be better than these even if it is my default T-shirt Ninja :mabs:&

El Chuxter
09-26-2006, 12:06 PM
I'm thinking about making an Ewok costume for Chux Jr next year. I was hoping that I could find something there of decent quality to save myself the trouble. I'm trying to figure out what sort of idiot would buy the infant Stormtrooper costume, with full helmet.

JediTricks
09-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Maybe it's just me, but these look as unimpressive as the costumes that've been marketed by various companies for years. Lucasfilm looks like they have done as remarkable a job with this as they did with the customizable t-shirts.

Way to drop the ball again, guys. :rolleyes:How surprising could this really be? These look as unimpressive as the costumes marketed by various companies for years because they ARE - these are all Rubies costumes which is generally the worst at this stuff.

Blue2th
09-26-2006, 06:16 PM
Like to eventually get a Jedi outfit. So Rubies is pretty much crap huh? I saw some nice Jedi costumes at Comic Con. I should have asked someone where they got them. This year I'm going as Reginald Von Trip-taker. Complete with khakis, knee boots, Pith Gunga Din helmet. I just need to get a monacle, handlebar moustache-sideburns, some kinda pipe, maybe a whip, &den...

2-1B
09-26-2006, 06:33 PM
Damn, still no Jar Jar Binks™ costume ? :(

mabudonicus
09-27-2006, 07:41 AM
glad I picked up the TPM Jar Jar for 2 bucks (reduced from 39.99!!) all those years ago... the ears ain't exactly right, but it is good and scary looking, maybe it is time for me to finally snap a pic of myself donning it :beard:&

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-27-2006, 06:57 PM
I don't know whether I'll be Pee-wee Herman, Chuck Norris, or nothing. My mom made a sweet Jedi robe a few months ago so maybe that? Dunno.

Anyway, these costumes ain't TOO bad, I mean, they're like the same ones they always have. I want to see a real picture of that $1000 Vader costumes, though, since it looks pretty killer.

JediTricks
09-27-2006, 07:25 PM
Master Replicas I believe showed off some prototype costume replicas at Comic Con, they weren't even sure if they were doing them wearable or not, and I believe the project stalled.

2-1B
09-27-2006, 07:56 PM
glad I picked up the TPM Jar Jar for 2 bucks (reduced from 39.99!!) all those years ago... the ears ain't exactly right, but it is good and scary looking, maybe it is time for me to finally snap a pic of myself donning it :beard:&

My opinion ? The time for that is looooong overdue. Hurry up, please. :D

mabudonicus
09-28-2006, 05:33 PM
Okay, I got my stupid webcam working long enough to snap a couple of pics, one in the stupid mask and one without- I had a vest and some other crap that went with it (didn't come with it but I scrounged it up) but don't know where that stuff went, I think it got destroyed when the basement flooded..

So for you Caesar, and anyone else who ever wondered what I looked like at the premieres of AOTC and ROTS, may I present&

InsaneJediGirl
09-29-2006, 08:52 AM
That Jar Jar mask is scary. Forget blood and gore!

Kidhuman
09-29-2006, 09:02 AM
Dude, I cant believe you wore that in public, should have left the Jar Jar mask on.

I got you good, burn bi**h

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-01-2006, 09:56 AM
I saw the Jedi Robe on Starwarshop.com and contemplated buying it, then thought, why doesn't it come with the tunic underneath? I would have to buy that too. I wouldn't mind getting it in addition, but they don't seem to have one to sell.

For those who have gone as Jedi Warriors, what do you recommend wearing underneath the robe. I hope its something that can easily be purchased or something worn from home.

2-1B
10-01-2006, 10:48 AM
LBC, just go commando under those robes like a good Jedi should...;)

Well done :Mabs:, I must say I love how your \m/ provides symmetry to the Jar Jar eyestalks...seriously, a very artistic pose. lol lol lol