PDA

View Full Version : A Few Good Men

Tycho
09-27-2006, 03:50 AM
Jack Nicholson, Tom Cruise, Demi Moore, Kevin Bacon, Kiefer Sutherland, Cuba Gooding, and more. Ah yes - and Colonel Markinson ;)

This was a great masterpiece actually - some of the finest performances were acted out in exchanges between Cruise and many of his co-stars. Plus there were great and unforgettable lines uttered in this film.

The truth?

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

We live in a world that has walls and that requires men with guns to stand on those walls.

There was so much here and a stellar cast. Well played.

Tom Cruise as Navy Defense Attorney Danniel McCaffey defends two Marines who accidentally killed a fellow soldier while trying to covertly discipline him - but under orders from a high up Colonel who was eyeing a security council post (Colonel Jessup - played by Jack Nicholson).

Darth Jax
09-27-2006, 07:18 AM
nbc was showing this a few years ago. i found the advertising for it quite hilarious. "a few good men" starring tom cruise, jack nicholson and er's noah wyle. he has such a bit part in the flick, but they were hyping it like it was bacon's part he played.

a pretty good flick all around. third behind casablanca and star wars probably the movie i quote the most.

JimJamBonds
09-27-2006, 08:18 AM
Is this the movie where The Cruiser is the Cocky lawyer? or the cocky fighter pilot? or the cocky samuri? or the cocky stockcar driver? or the cocky....

Tycho
09-27-2006, 02:10 PM
See Born on the 4th of July to see Tom Cruise as a depressed, down-and-out, paralyzed Vietnam War veteran who has nothing to be cocky about. He can play a different type of character - he just usually wasn't cast as one. Is that his fault?

Darth Instigator
09-27-2006, 09:54 PM
one of my top 20 favorite movies of all time!

Tycho
09-27-2006, 10:18 PM
one of my top 20 favorite movies of all time!

Which one? A Few Good Men? or Born on the 4th of July? We started discussing 2 different films for a second there.

sith_killer_99
09-28-2006, 12:16 AM
I agree, A Few Good Men is one of the greatest films of all time. I have memorized Jack's famous speech and can recite it on command...word for word!

Yes, I know...I'm a sick person and I need help.:D

Darth Instigator
09-28-2006, 10:28 PM
Which one? A Few Good Men? or Born on the 4th of July? We started discussing 2 different films for a second there.
sorry, thread title. A few Good Men

Darth Instigator
09-28-2006, 10:34 PM
also consider these the best;

Full Metal Jacket
Matrix
Gladiator
Good Will hunting
Top Gun
Dirty Dancing ( :D )
As Good As It Gets
Rounders
Heat
Italian Job
Blade
ALL Star Wars movies
American History X
Underworld
First Knight
Reign Of Fire

just a few off the top of my head, sorry not intending to thread jack

Tycho
09-28-2006, 11:09 PM
Full Metal Jacket - Platoon was way better IMO
Matrix - the first one was great. Maybe they should have stopped there?
Gladiator - didn't see it
Good Will hunting - didn't see it
Top Gun - I loved this movie so much I saw it in the theaters like 6 times.
Dirty Dancing - mmmm. OK. Recast it might've been really great.
As Good As It Gets - Funny, but not terribly memorable.
Rounders -didn't see it
Heat - awesome actually. Great battle scenes in the bank heist.
Italian Job - didn't see it
Blade - awsome as well. It went downhill with the sequels.
ALL Star Wars movies - I kind of liked those. That's the series with Darth Vader, right?
American History X - good movie! Very thought provoking.
Underworld - didn't see it
First Knight - I liked this one myself. I was surprised to see it on your list.
Reign Of Fire- didn't see it

just a few off the top of my head, sorry not intending to thread jack

That's OK - but start threads for any of the movies above that you want to discuss separately. I always do :D

The topic here is A Few Good Men :)

And I eat breakfast 300 yards away from thousands of men who are trained to kill me :D

JimJamBonds
09-28-2006, 11:54 PM
He can play a different type of character - he just usually wasn't cast as one. Is that his fault?

Actually yes it is since he has control over the movies he makes.