PDA

View Full Version : The greatest gift of all time!

sith_killer_99
09-28-2006, 01:14 AM
After reading "Tycho's bad news" thread I had to post this new thread.

You have the power...yes...you may be able to save a life.

I am encouraging everyone here to become an organ donor.

It's simple and easy, in most states all you have to do is sign the organ donor release on the back of your driver's license!

So as you read this please, pull out your driver's license and turn it over, if you have the organ donor release on the back of your license sign it! Get a witness to sign it and you may save the life of someone who desperatly needs it!

Do not buy into the myths. I have heard all kinds of BS about how, if you are in an accident the ER will not try to save you if you are a donor and all kinds of other garbage. These are urban legends!!! LIES!!!

The bottom line is there's no reason not to be a donor. So just sign the card and get the witnesses!

You may save the life of a child, a father, a mother, a brother or a sister!

God forbid anything bad happen to anyone here, but should the unexpected happen you may be able to save a life!

Please, please be an organ donor!

JediTricks
09-28-2006, 03:00 PM
If you are going to become an organ donor, it is also a good idea to tell your loved ones - they can contest an organ donation on your behalf even if you have it marked on your license.

pbarnard
09-28-2006, 05:49 PM
And don't forget living wills/directives. Put being an organ donor in there, and you cover everything from when they begin to take the organs and under what circumstances.

sith_killer_99
09-28-2006, 09:34 PM
Good stuff, guys thanks for the input.

Definatly make sure you tell the loved ones and get a living will!

bobafrett
09-28-2006, 11:23 PM
I have signed the back of my driver license for organ donar, and had one of the former Chicago Bears, Wendall Davis, signed the back as a witness.

JetsAndHeels
09-28-2006, 11:26 PM
and had one of the former Chicago Bears, Wendall Davis, signed the back as a witness.

That's hott.

InsaneJediGirl
09-28-2006, 11:31 PM
I've always been an organ donor on my license. If I'm dead,no use keeping my organs to just decompose :)

UKWildcat
09-29-2006, 12:09 AM
Much like IJG, I've always been an organ donor too.

JimJamBonds
09-29-2006, 12:44 AM
If there is a part of me that could help somebody else they can have it, I won't need it anymore.

2-1B
09-29-2006, 08:18 PM
Not me, I've got a phobia about being cut open after I die...I've already made instructions that I'm not to be messed with by any funeral directors and hopefully I'll die naturally so that the state does not force an autopsy on me.

Jargo
09-29-2006, 08:32 PM
In the UK if you have a donor card it's now been changed so that no family member or spouse can contest it. If you make the choice to donate it'll be carried out no matter what anyone else wants. it is the law.

personally my organs are all completely useless to anyone. my eyes are poor, my lungs are knackered from smoking for years, my liver and kidneys are screwed from drink and drugs and my heart is probably furred up. my stomach and intestinal tract are well dodgey. about the only thing worth taking is my skin. and I'm not donating that.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-29-2006, 08:44 PM
Steven Wright - "I'm donating my body to science fiction."