PDA

View Full Version : Red Heat

Tycho
09-29-2006, 07:23 AM
Arnold Schwarzenegar plays a Russian cop from the Soviet Union who is fanatically tracking down a Georgian drug dealer that killed his partner.

Jim Belushi is the Chicago cop that's caught up in the pursuit, as the fugitive kills Belushi's partner as well.

Lawrence Fishburne plays their American police supervisor.

The film has a lot of good shoot-out scenes, plenty of naked girls, but stands out most for a high speed chase between passenger busses. There was some other movie, I never saw it actually, famous for a speeding bus (actually wasn't it called Speed?), but this was certainly a memorable chase with one bus eventually getting hit by a train. The smash-up chase was the best part, as "The Fugitive" did a better train vs bus collision with the size and scope of that train wreck.

But Red Heat is more than exciting with all its gunplay.

Like most of his films, Arnold plays the stoic, tough silent type of hero. But hey, he does it well.

For an exotic touch, this movie has some on-location scenes filmed in Moscow - which was pretty rare for its time (1988 I believe).

Slicker
09-29-2006, 03:39 PM
Georgian drug dealer? Must be from Atlanta...

Tycho
09-29-2006, 08:28 PM
You were probably joking Slicker, but Georgia was also a state in the USSR.

I don't know why it was called that. The American state of Georgia was first a colony named after King George of England. Who knows why there was a Soviet Georgia? I could look it up I suppose.

Slicker
09-30-2006, 06:33 PM
Yes, definitely a joke.

Stalin was from Georgia if you didn't know that.