PDA

View Full Version : What the HECK, pt II- What is the JEDI DEX all about and how do you classify it?

JEDIpartner
01-30-2002, 11:34 AM
Is it a toy? Is it a videogame? Is it for Adults? Is it for kids? Is it the STAR WARS equivalent of a palm pilot? Is it more junk nobody wants from Hasbro??

It's kinda cool when you think about it... but then you think about how limited this is. They are putting it out before the new trilogy ends so it will have incomplete information. It only has 60 OT references... how many prequel trilogy references does it have? Are the graphics good or are they like those LCD Tamagotchi/Pong/Tetris block things? I don't know how I feel about this based on the pictures. Show me a price and THEN I'll tell you how stupid this thing is!

Nataku
01-30-2002, 12:09 PM
The "Jedi Dex" is a HUGE lame-*** rip-off of the Pokemon Poke-Dex, which is like a rolodex of Pokemon characters (according to the Cartoon).

Apparently, Hasbro is trying to get the little kids who had a Poke-Dex to buy the "Jedi-Dex" in order to encourage them to "Collect'em All!"

The funny thing is, is that the Poke dex looks EXACTLY the same, only it is red instead of the Jedi-Dex Gray.

It's another Hasbro classic: rehash an old mold and concept from another toy line to make it fit Star Wars (similar to the early Kenner SW toys like the SW Remote Control Vans).

The Jedi-Dex is NOT A good sign for the AotC toy line...

*Sigh*

Jeff

brentfett
01-30-2002, 01:22 PM
I can see this one taking a seat in the 90% off bin alongside the mountain of commtech readers that did not sell. Seeing that product makes me ashamed to be a Star Wars fanatic.

InsaneJediGirl
01-30-2002, 01:41 PM
A "Jedi-Dex" someone tell me this isnt actually coming out.My younger brother has a "Poke-Dex" which is a useless piece of **** he spent $15 dollars on.:crazed:

If collectors wanted to know about the figures,why not just send
them to a SW website??!
:confused:

SithDroid
01-30-2002, 02:03 PM
I agree completely with you brentfett and InsaneJediGirl. 90% off sounds just about right.

Jargo
01-30-2002, 02:40 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! OH.... ******!!! :cry:

JetsAndHeels
01-30-2002, 02:53 PM
Everything we need to know is in 2 places....
1. Our minds (being SW fans)
2. This website
No one needs a Jedi Dex.

GNT
01-31-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
No one needs a Jedi Dex.

But everyone is still going to buy it since has the SW logo on it

LTBasker
01-31-2002, 03:05 AM
Geez, where is this Jedi Dex thing? I've never heard of it. From all these posts though I wish I had never heard of it. Is it really taken from the PokeDex mold? That is so cheap it's not even funny.

Obi-Don
01-31-2002, 07:38 AM
Just think about it. Jedi-Dex,Emperial-Dex,Alien-Dex. This could really take off.[Like a lead balloon].:rolleyes:

SithDroid
02-01-2002, 12:02 AM
Not everyone GNT, as I will not be buying it.

Paul-Kenobi
02-01-2002, 04:32 AM
F***ing Hasbro! i'm sure as hell not buyin that peace of CRA% !

I wish Kit would give it a nice Jedi Chop!

Xanatho
02-03-2002, 09:14 AM
I've wasted my money before, and I'm going to do it again. I'm going to buy it! : )

sith_killer_99
02-03-2002, 09:34 AM
This is the first I've heard of Jedi-Dex?!?!

It sounds lame.:rolleyes:

But that's OK, I only collect the toys, cards(Trading Cards NOT CCG) and comics anyway.

Let Hasbro WASTE their money if they want to. They are a sinking ship, like K-Mart. GL can find a dozen other toy companies to handle the license. And they would do a MUCH better job of it. :)

And cards are NOT dead. Rollo T.:cry:

Oh, wait a minute? They are dead!:eek: That must be why I got them so cheap.:crazed:

Rollo Tomassi
02-03-2002, 10:48 AM
See? I told ya!:cry: :rolleyes:

By the way, they also had a 'Dino-Dex' for JPIII. I think those tanked, too, so i don't know what Hasbro's deal with these things is...