PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 13

JediTricks
09-29-2006, 06:12 PM
Due to Columbus Day on Monday, Hasbro won't be taking questions this week, so voting will continue until next Friday, the 13th. Because of the extension,
the vote allotment has been bumped up to 6 {six}

Please post your VOTE for up to 6 {six} of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked on Friday, October 13th. Keep in mind that your votes in round 12 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list, you may want to vote for it again.

Also, when submitting a new question post it separately from your votes, a moderator will later edit it, add it to the list, and delete the question's post to keep the thread clutter-free. Try to keep the questions as clear and concise as possible. Hasbro's answers from previous SSG questions (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=76); and from other sites (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=220).

Current questions (vote for up to 6):

- Could we get a re-release of the hard-to-find Expanded Universe figures from 1998?
- What is the status/future of Action Fleet under its original concept - minifigure interaction and true play features?
- What is the status/future of actual Micro Machines (the smallest vehicles Galoob regularly made in plastic)?
- What is the status of Playskool's Jedi Force line?

- Having met some of you at SD Comic-Con, where I've been able to talk to you and learn all sorts of things about the struggle involved in making these toys, I wonder if maybe you'd consider sharing a lot more of that with collectors in general? If not, why? - asked by Plasticfetish
- Back when you were posting updates about the Fan's Choice figure development on your site, it did a lot to generate interest. Any chance that you'd go back to doing somethig like that? If not, why?
- I've seen the Kenner and Galoob logos on a few things lately. Is that just a "special" thing, or are we looking to see a relaunch of some old brands?
- Are more properties aside from Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica and Transformers planned for the Titanium Series lines?
- On the local level Hasbro gets only raw info on which items are selling at major retailers, but not specific trends such as what percentage are kids, collectors, hoarders, scalpers; nor why some figures sell poorly (is it a poor figure or the case ratio). Would Hasbro considerusing local collectors as area representatives for the Star Wars line?
- With each figure in The Saga Collection line having at least 6 different "exclusive hologram figure" pack-ins, some collectors think these were created solely to sell multiples of the same figure to completists. What was the thinking behind these "exclusive hologram figure" pack-ins, and why change the color from blue to red when there were no red character holograms in the movies?
- What are the chances of seeing a relauch of the Collector Fleet series (the larger, electronic starships of the Rebel Blockade Runner, Imperial Star Destroyer, & the very-rare Super Star Destroyer from '96), with new entries such as ROTS ships like the Venator Class Star Destroyer and The Invisible Hand?
- Any chance of getting a figure of "Heater", the character name given to the human actor stand-in for Jabba in for A New Hope played by Declan Mullholland?
- What's the chance of re-releasing older, harder-to-find figures (such as the Sio Bibble wave, the Admiral Motti wave, etc.)?
- Is there any way that Hasbro Toy Shop could be better-stocked than it is? There's rarely any new product on that site.
- Canadaian collectors miss out on a many of the US-only store exclusives. Any chance Canadians could have every exclusive figure/vehicle/combination made available on shop.starwars.com after their shelf runs in the US stores?
- Why were there only 5 Vintage-style figures this year, and why was Empire Strikes Back left out of the line-up when there are such candidates as Snowtrooper, Bespin Luke, Bespin Han, the Hoth incarnations of Han, Luke, & Leia, and even ESB style Boba Fett waiting to be made?
- Is there any possibility of seeing a 7" Unleashed Clone Wars Animated wave?
- Removable lightsaber blades so Jedi figures could have saber accessories that were "on" or "off" and could be worn on their belts was a good concept, but this made the blades more fragile. Are there any plans to release Jedi figures - both main characters and secondary - with both solid one piece ignited lightsaber and "off" lightsaber hilt accessories?
- What is the status of the Holiday line? Any thoughts to a release of a Padme & Anakin with baby Luke manger type of scene?
- With talk about the Expanded Universe figures returning in 2007, are the EU figures going to be short-packed like Scorch or will there be enough for everyone?
- Would Hasbro willing to create a catalog of replacement parts for those parts that break or get easily lost on vehicles and playsets so consumers can always get replacements even long after the toy has stopped manufacturing? If not, why not?
- If Hasbro feels that mid-sized vehicles is the way to go, then will we be seeing more airspeeders and landspeeders in the forseeable future? Some of the airspeeders are pretty much snubfighter sized.
- What is with the somewhat recent practice of putting the faces of clone template actors Temuera Morrison and Bodie Taylor on helmeted troopers that we never see unmasked in the movies, especially those in the Original Trilogy who likely are not clones (and if they are clones wouldn't be clones of Jango Fett since the DNA source was killed in Episode 2)?
- Eventually will all the Episode III Clone Commanders be released as an entire set?
- With the release of the George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise and the Lucas Family Collection, can we expect to see a George Lucas the Director action figure in his trademarked flannel shirt and perhaps variations of old and young Lucas?
- Will there ever be a Fan's Choice Titanium Series Forged Figure?
- Will you ever release the Trade Federation PK Droid seen in The Phantom Menace? You could use the Star Wars Saga SP-4 figure mold for the body since they have the same design, and just make a new head.
- Are the new 30th Anniv. Super Battle Droid's flames removable, and does this figure have ball-jointed hips or mid-torso articulation?
- If Hasbro is "testing the waters" with the new Unleashed reissues, why release figures like Grievous who were easy to obtain the first time? Why not the second (unmasked) Darth Vader, which you've said you know everyone wants and very few people were able to get?
- If the retailers were largely concerned with the size of the Unleashed figures packaging, why re-release them in packaging that is about double the size, especially given that they would logically be a tougher sell at the 33% higher price?
- On the issue of perceived value with small figures like Ewoks, Jawas, Astromech droids, etc., while scale-accuracy is important, smaller figures have often come in 2-packs - Wicket & Logray, Jawa 2pack, Gonk Droid & Jawa, Yoda & Chian, Jedi Padawans, Library Droids, even the just-released Dud Bold & Mars Guo; Wicket & Logray are not only a 2-pack but are scaled-up for perceived value - yet the recent Chief Chirpa feels like a very empty package because it's a very small figure with few accessories. Why was Chirpa not part of a 2-pack, and would Hasbro consider using the basic 2-pack format with smaller figures again in the future to give greater value for buyers' money and get more figures out there?
- We often wonder why the current "kids market" is treated so much differently from the "collectors market", could you explain Hasbro's perceptions of the distinctions between the "collectors market" and "kids market" in Star Wars collecting? Isn't that line blurred since most adult collectors started their interest as kids dating back to Kenner's first Star Wars action figures with notions of "collect them all" in 1978? There's a notion among collectors that the "kids market" is more important to Hasbro in the Star Wars collecting even though collectors make up a significant portion of the line's consumers and often buy multiples of each item, are kids today that much different in how they buy and enjoy their toys from 28 years ago that they should be treated as "non-collectors"?
- Recently you were quoted as saying that Hasbro had subcontracted the 12" figures to Sideshow as their smaller business model allowed them to manufacture collector-quality 12" figures in a more cost effective manner. Given Hasbro's shelfspace limitations and struggles to generate profits with playsets, larger vehicles, and Micro Machines/Action Fleet, would Hasbro consider subcontracting those fan-desired items out to other companies?
- Hasbro's efforts to produce a transforming Droid Fighter/Vulture Droid in the 3¾" line wasn't too successful, yet the Action Fleet Droid Starfighter mold is a very accurate version of the transformation with a quality sculpt and opening wings that's also a tougher toy and coincidentally is nearly the same size as the Hasbro 3¾" line's version. Can Hasbro start using that Action Fleet mold as the 3¾" line's Vulture Droid? It could even be offered in Ep 1 colors and Ep 3 colors.
- Buyers have long suffered basic figure case assortments that cause more collecting problems than they solve, whether they be cases trying to refresh older product, focus on unpopular figures across multiple cases, or an extended lack of focus on popular figures - even a perception of intentional shortpacking (and I don't mean chase figures like UGH, that's a separate can of worms). Case revisions often don't do enough to remedy the problem, sometimes making it even worse. Currently, the "Greatest Battles" and "Heroes & Villains" older-figure assortments are in heavy rotation and are choking off shelfspace for actual new assortments in many markets. Nearly every Target, Toys R Us, and Wal-mart is stuffed with those figures which move much slower and have no room to put out the newest TSC wave, Endor 2/The Phantom Menace. Now Hasbro is saying this "greatest hits" style of assortment will be continuing next year. Why are new-product case assortments still such a problem, what is Hasbro doing to deal with the problems beyond simple case revisions, and - understanding that there is some need for older figures to keep a continued presence on shelves - how will the current problems of the "greatest hits" assortment be addressed?
- Can HasbroToyShop.com's ordering system be augmented with an active preorder system on all items listed as "coming soon"? Currently they cannot be preordered if they're still listed as "coming soon". And/or how about an email-notification system on "coming soon" and "out of stock" items? All the pages say now are "check back soon" which isn't too handy, especially for high-demand items that sell out quickly once they go online.
- Now that we're getting a super-articulated Super Battle Droid figure in the 30th Anniv. line, can we expect to see a super-articulated regular Battle Droid as well? If not, what is holding that back?
- What are the chances that you will make the Homing Spider Droid and Corporate Alliance Tank Droid in 3¾" scale if they appear in the upcoming animated series? And their chances if they don't appear in the series, or perhaps do you already have plans to make either of them? Would you be willing to add cockpits inside each for extra play value which don't affect the look of the outside (this would be consistent with Star Wars Battlefront 2)?
- With Hasbro now producing 6" super articulated Marvel figures, could we eventually see a special line with 6" super articulated Star Wars figures?
- Lots of fans love both Jedi Starfighters and were looking foward to the AOTC Action Fleet release and then the ROTS Titanium 6" Ultra release, both were cancelled just before going into production but were tooled. Could these be saved from limbo and presented as an exclusive special Titanium 2-pack?
- Has Hasbro considered taking figures that were released in the original Kenner vintage line that have already been remade with modern VOTC quality (example: OTC Cloud Car Pilot) and packaging them on VOTC-style packaging, perhaps for a lower price than new-mold VOTC go for (msrp $10)?
- Are there going to be any more silver 'raw metal' Titanium 3" ships like the silver Slave I, 5-pack Millennium Falcon, 5-pack Death Star, etc.?
- Why aren't all the SW forum boards voting on the inclusion for next year's Greatest Hits line?
- Hasbro was previously asked in a Q&A if the cancelled trophy edition OOM-9 could be released in a Battle Pack, and the response was "If [it] would fit into a future scene we want to do, we'd consider [it]." What about releasing cancelled OOM-9 and also the cancelled Destroyer Droid (from the Droideka vs Gungan 2pack) and Trophy Edition Obi-Wan as regular basic carded figures?
- Hasbro previously said in a Q&A they wouldn't be releasing any new Separatist Leaders in 2007, but when you do decide to visit these characters, instead of worrying about basic figures not selling, what about offering them as a set like the upcoming Death Star Imperial Briefing set? You could even do an AOTC set and an ROTS set.
- Since two recent Neimoidian figures (Neimoidian Warrior and Lushros Dofine) were extremely heavy pegwarmers, how does that affect the chances of more Neimoidian figures being made in the future?
- With the Saga Collection being extended, will the miniature hologram figures change color once again, stay red, or go back to blue?
- What is with the rumored price increase to around $8 for basic figures, is that Hasbro's new MSRP? While we understand that costs can go up, 3¾" Star Wars figures are already in the same price neighborhood as as many larger licensed figures with more moving parts, such as Marvel Legends and DC Superheroes, can money be saved by eliminating the "bonus pack-ins" such as holo minifigs and collector coins which a lot of collectors and kids alike think are needless? Does Hasbro really think the market can bear yet another price hike for 3¾" Star Wars figures without driving away more customers?Vote now, and in separate posts, add new questions!

Battle Droid
09-29-2006, 06:24 PM

I'll save my other 3 votes for later.

Battle Droid
09-29-2006, 06:25 PM
My new question,

Are the 30th Anniversary's Super Battle Droid's flames removable and does it have ball-jointed hips?

Make that one of my votes.

El Chuxter
09-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Two new questions, slightly rephrased from my rant elsewhere:

If Hasbro is "testing the waters" with the new Unleashed reissues, why release figures like Grievous who were easy to obtain the first time? Why not the second (unmasked) Darth Vader, which you know everyone wants and very, very few people were able to get?

If the retailers were concerned primarily with the size of the Unleashed figures in packaging, why re-release them in packaging that is about double the size, especially given that they would logically be a tougher sell at the 33% higher price?

Those could probably be combined, but I don't want to run the risk of them deciding it's "too many questions in one."

El Chuxter
09-29-2006, 08:22 PM
And for my other two:

JediTricks
09-29-2006, 08:38 PM
Questions 28-30 added.

Battle Droid, you have 2 votes left.

Chux, I hate to split votes between your 2 questions, but I will leave it that way for this poll and reassess next week.

Kidhuman
09-29-2006, 09:40 PM
New question:

Examining the package for Chief Chirpa, I couldnt help but feel like I was being ripped off. He isnt as tall as the otehr basic figures and his accessories were not that large. In the future, such figures as Ewoks, R2 and possibly any droids, would you consider 2 packs with them?It is a great way to get more figures out there and give collectors more for their money.

El Chuxter
09-29-2006, 11:00 PM
Chux, I hate to split votes between your 2 questions, but I will leave it that way for this poll and reassess next week.

Yeah, I know, but I want answers to both eventually, and I'd hate for them to pull the old "Wow, that's a lot of questions in one, so we're not going to answer any of them." Plus, splitting them makes it much tougher to answer half and dodge the other half. ;)

RooJay
09-30-2006, 08:31 PM
How 'bout this one? (I think it's a good one) - Why is there always a distinction made between the 'collector's market' and the 'kids market'? especially since it's pretty much a given that no collectors have ever sprung up full-grown but instead started out as kids who were then enticed to become collectors by the concept of 'collect them all' which proved so successful a marketing startegy when the Star Wars line was born way back in '78? That having been said, why does it not seem that Hasbro has ever considered the kids' and collectors' market to be one and the same and actively pursued trying to entice more younger buyers to once again 'collect them all'. We as collectors are told time and again that we are somehow different and in ways less important than the kids who are interested in the Star Wars line when in fact, the only real differences between the two groups is that kids tend to do more actual playing with the product and have most of their toys purchased for them by others, and collectors tend to buy figures in multiples and buy their figures for themsleves (I feel that may be something very significant to be said about consumer habits for the Star Wars line when you think about it this way.) Should not kids who have interest in this line also be looked at as collectors?

I'd also like to vote for question number nine, but would like to see it include the notion that some of us might even be convinced to do this for free on a volunteer basis.

Slicker
09-30-2006, 09:11 PM
I'm gonna take:

JediTricks
09-30-2006, 11:36 PM
Questions 31-32 added. Question 9 modified.

KH, you have 3 votes left. RooJay, you have 2 votes left.

Yeah, I know, but I want answers to both eventually, and I'd hate for them to pull the old "Wow, that's a lot of questions in one, so we're not going to answer any of them." Plus, splitting them makes it much tougher to answer half and dodge the other half. ;)Well, we'll see how it goes this week. I think it's 1 issue and could be treated as 1 question even though it has 2 parts, but I do agree that they COULD burn us anyway - sometimes they just overlook parts of our questions altogether.

RooJay, your question is an interesting one, but it's actually one I'm fairly confident we would have gotten burned on if I had presented it that way, not just content-wise but it comes off as 5 questions in 1. I tried to boil it down to its essence, but I'm not sure how well I did or if I was even on the right track to what you were getting at, and I'm hoping they accept it as a multi-part question rather than 3 in 1.

RooJay
09-30-2006, 11:48 PM
RooJay, your question is an interesting one, but it's actually one I'm fairly confident we would have gotten burned on if I had presented it that way, not just content-wise but it comes off as 5 questions in 1. I tried to boil it down to its essence, but I'm not sure how well I did or if I was even on the right track to what you were getting at, and I'm hoping they accept it as a multi-part question rather than 3 in 1.

Fair enough. I wasn't expecting to have my whole post translated word for word and was actaully expecting it to end up truncated by someone anyway. Maybe I'll be able to ask about it more in depth if I ever manage to make it to a show that Hasbro is attending.

JediTricks
09-30-2006, 11:49 PM
If you don't think it works how I posted it, LMK.

dr_evazan22
10-01-2006, 12:31 PM
MyPreface:
Hasbro says that the shelf space for vehicles and such is so limited. Hasbro also says we'll REALLY like the rehashes and 'slightly retooled but still not correct' vehicles they plan to release.

MyQuestion:
Would Hasbro consider subcontracting the vehicles to another company? Maybe then fans - collectors - could finally get a correctly scaled TIE, X-Wing, or a long asked for DS playset.

JediTricks
10-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Dr E, you mind if I simply combine that into a question about farming vehicles, playsets, and Action Fleet out to a company or companies with lesser sales expectations or higher commitments to quality? (I'll probably be a little more diplomatic about that last part :p)

dr_evazan22
10-01-2006, 09:16 PM
Go to town with it JT!

I'm glad you mentioned the AF. It was something I was thinking about after seeing a recent poll on RS, but don't believe Hasbro would consider two similar competing lines. Personally, I think that the AF line would be a better place to do all the rehashes I mentioned, and if a particular AF rehash sold really well, THEN make a larger size vehicle out of it.

Darth Jax
10-01-2006, 11:53 PM
11, 17, 18, 23

tkdmatthew
10-02-2006, 07:57 AM
Please forgive me if i post this in the wrong place. But i have a question maybe we can ask Hasbro.

The old galoob action fleet had a REALLY good Trade Federation Fighter Droid that was close to the scale of the regular Hasbro figure release Droid Star Fighter. But the hasbro one was not all that great. Since the action fleet is discontinued, and hope they still have the molds, can Hasbro start making the Droid Star Fighters with the action fleet mold? It was awesome, had great articulated in droid mode, solid joints, not weak plastic tabs holding hte wings, and had opening and closing wings/guns. Throw a few different paintjobs on it for the Sepratists, and pack it as a delux figure and i think you would have a great action toy.

toonimator
10-02-2006, 03:01 PM
My votes:

Jangu Fett
10-02-2006, 03:11 PM
2 - Action Fleet
3 - Micro Machines
11 - Collector Fleet

JediTricks
10-02-2006, 03:38 PM
Questions 33-34 added.

tkdmatthew, you have 3 vote slots left.

Thanks again for voting gang, keep up the good work. :cool:

Go to town with it JT! Cool, ok, posted. I lifted the "setup" from the previous question about subcontracting since it got the idea across pretty efficiently. You have 3 votes left.

I'm glad you mentioned the AF. It was something I was thinking about after seeing a recent poll on RS, but don't believe Hasbro would consider two similar competing lines. Personally, I think that the AF line would be a better place to do all the rehashes I mentioned, and if a particular AF rehash sold really well, THEN make a larger size vehicle out of it.That's a good point, should suggest it in Dear Hasbro or just as a regular discussion thread.

kool-aid killer
10-03-2006, 02:06 PM
I like questions #15, 22, 27, and 31

El Chuxter
10-05-2006, 08:18 PM
JT, can you scratch my vote for #23 and count that toward this question:

"Is there any chance the database (or whatever--you know computers better than me, I'm sure ;)) at hasbrotoyshop.com can be improved to accomodate preorders, backorders, and waitlists? It's endlessly frustrating to see listings for items I want to purchase, but cannot actually add to my cart. In most of these cases, the item in question is not in particularly short supply in retail stores, but I would like to purchase it directly from Hasbro either for convenience's sake or to take advantage of a promotional offer."

(Translation: I'm sick of seeing Titanium and Classics Grimlocks listed on the site but they're unavailable. I know I'll find zillions in stores, but it'd be nice to get the 25% off.)

Kidhuman
10-05-2006, 10:17 PM
Other questions I am voting for:

30, 33 and Chux's new question.

Isobars&:beard:

pegger
10-06-2006, 07:34 AM
28, 29, 31, 32

JediTricks
10-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Due to Columbus Day on Monday, Hasbro won't be taking questions this week, so voting will continue until next Friday, the 13th. Because of the extension,
the vote allotment has been bumped up to 6 {six}

Question 28 has been stricken due to this answer:

Hasbro: The flames on the Super Battle Droid are removable, as they are snap-on parts. The Super Battle Droid is new and super-articulated with a ball joint head and waist, insert molded shoulders, elbows, and knees… but the hips are not ball joint.
The 4 people who voted for question #28 have 1 extra vote slot.

JT, can you scratch my vote for #23 and count that toward this question:

"Is there any chance the database (or whatever--you know computers better than me, I'm sure ;)) at hasbrotoyshop.com can be improved to accomodate preorders, backorders, and waitlists? It's endlessly frustrating to see listings for items I want to purchase, but cannot actually add to my cart. In most of these cases, the item in question is not in particularly short supply in retail stores, but I would like to purchase it directly from Hasbro either for convenience's sake or to take advantage of a promotional offer."

(Translation: I'm sick of seeing Titanium and Classics Grimlocks listed on the site but they're unavailable. I know I'll find zillions in stores, but it'd be nice to get the 25% off.)I am not adding that question because in this regard the behavior you want HTS to change is no different than most other large e-tailers including Target, Amazon, and Wal-mart, KB, and Toys R Us. HTS listings have a color-coded ordering button under each item letting you know whether they're available, coming soon, or sold out, and after a set amount of time the sold-out items are removed - practices the world's largest e-tailer, Amazon.com, isn't good enough to use.

El Chuxter
10-06-2006, 03:43 PM
Why not? Given that they're the manufacturer, they should have an idea of whether more of an item will be available. It also makes no sense to have 1/3-1/2 of the items in a category listed as "coming soon," but there's no way to order them--even to be contacted when they're available.

Even if you re-phrase it so it only mentions an e-mail notification feature, that'd be nice.

Not trying to be a smartarse, just curious.

Battle Droid
10-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Can I ask a new question since the last one I asked was answered? :p

JediTricks
10-06-2006, 04:33 PM
Question 35 added.

Why not? Given that they're the manufacturer, they should have an idea of whether more of an item will be available. It also makes no sense to have 1/3-1/2 of the items in a category listed as "coming soon," but there's no way to order them--even to be contacted when they're available.

Even if you re-phrase it so it only mentions an e-mail notification feature, that'd be nice.

Not trying to be a smartarse, just curious.Well, HTS is really not run by Hasbro proper, it's more like a semi-related division and I don't think they are privy to any more shipping/receiving details than EE or Amazon, it's basically just like any other large e-tailer and stuck to those limitations.

Their preorder system is a little odd though, they have a lot of yellow "coming soon" buttons yet Classics Mirage isn't expected to ship for another month but is available for order now. I'm not totally sure how you want your question to read, if you can rewrite it I'll try to work it in.

Can I ask a new question since the last one I asked was answered? :pYou can add as many questions as you can think of to the list, feel free to post away. I can't guarantee they'll all make it on the list.

El Chuxter
10-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Mirage being available for order, but the figures I actually found today listed as "Coming Soon," was actually a major part of the inspiration for that question.

I didn't realize it wasn't actually an arm of Hasbro, though.

How about:

"Can the ordering system at hasbrotoyshop.com be augmented with an e-mail notification for 'coming soon' and 'out of stock' items? Currently, shoppers are told to 'check back soon,' but (especially for high-demand items), it would be helpful to have some system by which we would know when to check back."

JediTricks
10-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Question 36 added.

Chux, KH, your votes for it have been counted.

Battle Droid
10-06-2006, 06:09 PM
Since were getting the super articulated Super Battle Droid in the 30th Anniversary Collection can we expect to see a super articulated Battle Droid as well?

JediTricks
10-06-2006, 06:24 PM
Question 37 added.

Battle Droid, you have 4 out of 6 vote slots left.

Blue2th
10-06-2006, 07:09 PM
I vote for questions: 11, 33, 35, 37.

Battle Droid
10-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Hasbro will you consider making the Homing Spider Droid and Corporate Alliance Tank Droid in the 3 3/4'' scale if they appear in the upcoming Clone Wars 3D animated series, or do you already have plans to make them?

dr_evazan22
10-07-2006, 10:52 AM

JediTricks
10-07-2006, 02:53 PM
Question 38 added.

Battle Droid, you have 3 votes left.

Hope you don't mind, I changed the question a little.

Tycho
10-07-2006, 03:26 PM
21 **- Would Hasbro willing to create a catalog of replacement parts for those parts that break or get easily lost on vehicles and playsets so consumers can always get replacements even long after the toy has stopped manufacturing? If not, why not?

22****! - If Hasbro feels that mid-sized vehicles is the way to go, then will we be seeing more airspeeders and landspeeders in the forseeable future? Some of the airspeeders are pretty much snubfighter sized.

32*** - We often wonder why the current "kids market" is treated so much differently from the "collectors market", could you explain Hasbro's perceptions of the distinctions between the "collectors market" and "kids market" in Star Wars collecting? Isn't that line blurred since most adult collectors started their interest as kids dating back to Kenner's first Star Wars action figures with notions of "collect them all" in 1978? There's a notion among collectors that the "kids market" is more important to Hasbro in the Star Wars collecting even though collectors make up a significant portion of the line's consumers and often buy multiples of each item, are kids today that much different in how they buy and enjoy their toys from 28 years ago that they should be treated as "non-collectors"?

33 - Recently you were quoted as saying that Hasbro had subcontracted the 12" figures to Sideshow as their smaller business model allowed them to manufacture collector-quality 12" figures in a more cost effective manner. Given Hasbro's shelfspace limitations and struggles to generate profits with playsets, larger vehicles, and Micro Machines/Action Fleet, would Hasbro consider subcontracting those fan-desired items out to other companies?

35 - Buyers have long suffered basic figure case assortments that cause more collecting problems than they solve, whether they be cases trying to refresh older product, focus on unpopular figures across multiple cases, or an extended lack of focus on popular figures - even a perception of intentional shortpacking (and I don't mean chase figures like UGH, that's a separate can of worms). Case revisions often don't do enough to remedy the problem, sometimes making it even worse. Currently, the "Greatest Battles" and "Heroes & Villains" older-figure assortments are in heavy rotation and are choking off shelfspace for actual new assortments in many markets. Nearly every Target, Toys R Us, and Wal-mart is stuffed with those figures which move much slower and have no room to put out the newest TSC wave, Endor 2/The Phantom Menace. Now Hasbro is saying this "greatest hits" style of assortment will be continuing next year. Why are new-product case assortments still such a problem, what is Hasbro doing to deal with the problems beyond simple case revisions, and - understanding that there is some need for older figures to keep a continued presence on shelves - how will the current problems of the "greatest hits" assortment be addressed?

38 ****! - What are the chances that you will make the Homing Spider Droid and Corporate Alliance Tank Droid in 3¾" scale if they appear in the upcoming animated series? And their chances if they don't appear in the series, or perhaps do you already have plans to make either of them? Would you be willing to add cockpits inside each for extra play value which don't affect the look of the outside (this would be consistent with Star Wars Battlefront 2)?

Darth Jax
10-07-2006, 03:45 PM
please add 32, 35 to my selections

LTBasker
10-07-2006, 03:57 PM

LTBasker
10-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Some questions to add:

With Hasbro now producing 6" super articulated Marvel figures, could we eventually see a special line with 6" super articulated Star Wars figures?

Lots of fans love both Jedi Starfighters and were looking foward to the AOTC AF release and then the ROTS Ultra release, both were cancelled just before going into production but were tooled. Could these be saved from limbo and presented as an exclusive special Titanium 2-pack to retailers?

Has Hasbro considered taking figures that were released in the original vintage line that have already been remade with VOTC quality (ex: OTC Cloud Car Pilot) and packaging them on VOTC packaging for a lower price than brand new sculpted VOTC go for?

Are there going to be any more 3" silver Titanium ships?

Kidhuman
10-07-2006, 09:33 PM
New Question:

Why arent all the SW forum boards voting on the inclusion for the H&V wave?

SpartansOnFire
10-07-2006, 09:53 PM

Thanks.

El Chuxter
10-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Hell, JT, if you add KH's new question, strike my vote for #27 in favor of that. It's blunt, but I'd like an answer.

Battle Droid
10-08-2006, 10:41 AM
NoOoOoOoOOOOoooo, not 27.:razz:

JediTricks
10-08-2006, 06:40 PM
Questions 39-43 added.

Hell, JT, if you add KH's new question, strike my vote for #27 in favor of that. It's blunt, but I'd like an answer.I'm not in the habit of striking votes, it gets too complicated, I don't want people to make a habit of it. Luckily, you had 1 vote slot left, so I just counted it as your 6th vote.

Battle Droid
10-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Hasbro was previously asked in a question & answer if you could release the canceled trophy edition OOM-9 in a Battle Pack, and you said if it ever fits with the scene of the Battle Pack, why can't you instead just release it on a regular card, could you also perhaps release the Destroyer Droid from the canceled Destroyer Droid vs. Gungan Warrior 2 Pack on a regular card?

Bacta Beast
10-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Hasbro was previously asked in a question & answer if you could release the canceled trophy edition OOM-9 in a Battle Pack, and you said if it ever fits with the scene of the Battle Pack, why can't you instead just release it on a regular card, could you also perhaps release the Destroyer Droid from the canceled Destroyer Droid vs. Gungan Warrior 2 Pack on a regular card?

Has the same questioned beenasked about the trophy edition Obi-Wan yet?

Battle Droid
10-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Oops, yeah that should be added with it.

JediTricks
10-08-2006, 09:49 PM
Question 44 added.

(I'd really like to see that Droideka get released.)

Battle Droid, you have 2 out of 6 vote slots left.

Speaking of vote slots, the following users who have posted in this thread have vote slots still open due to the vote being extended to 6 slots and question 28 being struck:
Battle Droid - 2 votes left
Kidhuman - 1 vote left
RooJay - 4 votes left
Slicker - 3 votes left
dr_evazan22 - 3 votes left
tkdmatthew - 5 votes left
toonimator - 3 votes left
Jangu Fett - 3 votes left
kool-aid killer - 2 votes left
pegger - 3 votes left
Blue2th - 2 votes left
SpartansOnFire - 2 votes left
JediTricks - 6 votes leftIf you aren't listed here but HAVE posted in the thread, you have no more votes left. If you aren't listed here and HAVE NOT posted in this thread, what are you waiting for? :p Get voting!!!

(and yes, I realize the irony of my own name being on the list and having not voted yet :D)

pegger
10-08-2006, 11:07 PM
35, 38, 42

Kidhuman
10-09-2006, 12:07 AM
I will post more towards wed-thurs to give all the questions a chance to be added. Thanks for the updat eon the votes JT.

Battle Droid
10-09-2006, 11:22 AM
Hasbro previously said in a Q&A they wouldn't be releasing any new Separatist Leaders in 2007, when you do decide to make them could you possibly release them in a set as an exclusive cause these figures tend to pegwarm and a think releasing them as an exclusive would make everyone happy, and if you do could you release one set for AOTC and one for ROTS?

Rogue II
10-09-2006, 12:38 PM

**are questions 1 and 13 still needed since there is voting for re-releasing figures in 2007 on another site.**

JediTricks
10-09-2006, 05:02 PM
Question 45 added.

Battle Droid, you have 1 vote left.

**are questions 1 and 13 still needed since there is voting for re-releasing figures in 2007 on another site.**I see what you mean, but I'll leave 'em up until we get official Hasbro word on how exactly that is all going to work.

RooJay
10-10-2006, 12:25 AM
Can I use my four remaining votes to vote on my own question again? I'm not implying that it's better than any of the others, I just really want Hasbro to answer for that one!:thumbsup:

JediTricks
10-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Can I use my four remaining votes to vote on my own question again? I'm not implying that it's better than any of the others, I just really want Hasbro to answer for that one!:thumbsup:
You wish! :p It's gotten ok votes so far, I suspect it'll get asked this week or next.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-10-2006, 04:52 PM
43. Greatest Hits and forums
44. Cancelled figures

New questions:
*Since two recent Neimoidian figures (Neimoidian Warrior and Lushros Dofine) were extremely heavy pegwarmers, how does this affect the chances of more Neimoidian figures being made in the future?
*Since the Saga Collection was extended, will the miniature hologram figures change color once again, stay red, or go back to blue?

JediTricks
10-11-2006, 02:12 PM
Questions 46-47 added.

JabbaJohn, you have 2 votes left.

JediTricks
10-11-2006, 02:20 PM
My votes:

33 - Subcontracting out playsets, large vehicles, Micro Machines
34 - reuse Action Fleet Vulture Droid
35 - Case assortments
38 - homing spider/tank droid
40 - release AF/TS JSFs
44 - cancelled droideka et al

Kidhuman
10-11-2006, 05:52 PM
44 for my last vote please.

Battle Droid
10-11-2006, 06:05 PM
46 for my last vote, thanks! :)

RooJay
10-12-2006, 03:03 AM
Okay, guess I will go ahead and use the rest of my votes.

Let's have 29, 30 (seems to me like these two should be combined as they both address the same misconceptions Hasbro seems to hold regarding the viability of the Unleashed line), 35 and 39.

...and if 29 and 30 do happen to be combined, howzabout my final vote going to 41.

mtriv73
10-12-2006, 08:50 AM

Devo
10-12-2006, 09:00 AM

Danke schon

JediTricks
10-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Let's have 29, 30 (seems to me like these two should be combined as they both address the same misconceptions Hasbro seems to hold regarding the viability of the Unleashed line)That's what I said to the author of the question, but he was concerned that Hasbro may think we're trying to pull a fast one and not give us either, so for now at least it's staying separate.

...and if 29 and 30 do happen to be combined, howzabout my final vote going to 41.You wish. :p

Danke schonBitte schoen.

DarkArtist
10-12-2006, 07:56 PM
I down with #44 the rest don't interest me.

El Chuxter
10-13-2006, 08:41 AM
Too late for this week, but here's a proposal for next (unless you want to combine the Unleashed questions, as that seems to be the consensus):

"What's with the rumored price increase to approximately $8? While we understand that costs go up, 3.75" Star Wars figures now cost the same, or only very slightly less, than much larger licensed figures with more moving parts, such as Marvel Legends and DC's S3 Superheroes. Why not eliminate useless pack-ins such as holo figures and coins, which the majority of collectors and kids both think are totally pointless?"

Tycho
10-13-2006, 10:40 AM
"What's with the rumored price increase to approximately $8? While we understand that costs go up, 3.75" Star Wars figures now cost the same, or only very slightly less, than much larger licensed figures with more moving parts, such as Marvel Legends and DC's S3 Superheroes. Why not eliminate useless pack-ins such as holo figures and coins, which the majority of collectors and kids both think are totally pointless?"

I saw them answer this on another web page's Q&A and I think JT even posted it in the web-roundup reports he writes.

They said the retail stores determine their asking price and Hasbro tries to add the pack-ins to make the lines more exciting (for all the good it does) and add more value to the packaging for casual buyers - it does not cost them much if anything for their pack-ins, and doesn't cut down on the accessories they'd offer (so they said).

That was the extent of it. I'm too lazy to look for the link to their answer.

El Chuxter
10-13-2006, 10:48 AM
So if these are truly freebies to offset what the retailers are asking, then why not include a free Ewok with every figure? A $3 increase over the past couple of years is definitely worth an Ewok.

Tycho
10-13-2006, 11:06 AM
So if these are truly freebies to offset what the retailers are asking, then why not include a free Ewok with every figure? A $3 increase over the past couple of years is definitely worth an Ewok.

Probably not an articulated figure - though the podracer 2-pack adds nice value, so you never know what their production cost is on these things.

However, adding a Mouse Droid per figure would be as cheap as holograms I'd think.

JediTricks
10-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Question 48 added.

Less than an hour before I send in the questions, get those last votes in, there's still room to affect things.

JediTricks
10-13-2006, 02:51 PM
They said the retail stores determine their asking price and Hasbro tries to add the pack-ins to make the lines more exciting (for all the good it does) and add more value to the packaging for casual buyers - it does not cost them much if anything for their pack-ins, and doesn't cut down on the accessories they'd offer (so they said).That's why I reworded Chux's question to mention MSRP - Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price - let's see 'em try to worm out of that. I did consider removing the part about the bonus pack-ins, but reworded it instead to suggest penny-pinching.

Tycho
10-13-2006, 03:32 PM
How come you send the questions so late on a Friday? They work 1/2 days on Fridays anyway. If it's 1:30pm our time, it's close to 4:30pm their time (in Rhode Island) and you'd figure most of them have gone home.

Who answers these questions? The janitor? ;) - j/k - watched Breakfast Club recently you know...

"I'm the eyes and ears of this institution!" - you never know though - he could know everything from cleaning Darrel's trashcan out - hehe.

Anyway, it is awfully late their time to get Q's answered.

And it's Friday the 13th! In October! Our questions could get lost because a Vampire attacks and eats your contact at Hasbro. Did you think about that?

Under a full Moon, a rogue Mouse Droid could use Transformer technology to morph into a Probot and use its mini-gun on employees at Hasbro (not that I paid off a Mouse Droid to do that, but...)

JediTricks
10-13-2006, 03:37 PM
They ask for them to be sent in by 5pm EST.

Well, I guess that's that, I'll tally the votes and get them sent out now, then undelete all the question posts in the thread and start a new round soon. Thanks again to everybody who participated.