PDA

View Full Version : Lazy question thread. (Obi-Wan ANH)

Jargo
09-29-2006, 07:23 PM
Just wondering if there's been a decent release of Obi-Wan ANH with articulated knees.

I've lost track of how many have been released recently (last couple of years), I just thought it would be easier to ask than spend hours trawling through picture archives. Here and other places.

So help please.:thumbsup:

JediTricks
09-29-2006, 08:48 PM
None, not a single Ep 4 Obi-Wan has had knee articulation - nice, huh? In fact, I think Ep 3 Obi-Wan figures are the only Obi-Wans to have articulated knees.

dindae
09-29-2006, 11:25 PM
Wow I was sure the VOTC Obi had knee joints but no. It makes me sad.

Jargo
09-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Not even the VOTC version? Wow that sucks. Oh well he'll just have to be absent from the cantina until one comes out with knees.

Slicker
09-30-2006, 06:51 PM
Seeing as he's a geriatric old man in the movie he probably couldn't even bend his knees in real life so why would you want an EU ANH Obers with bendy knees?:confused:

Turbowars
09-30-2006, 06:53 PM
LOL your always good for a laugh!

Jargo
09-30-2006, 07:03 PM
so - he - can - sit - down. In - a - cantina - booth. with - luke - han - and - chewie. or - in - the - millenium - falcon.

Slicker
09-30-2006, 07:04 PM
so - he - can - sit - down. In - a - cantina - booth. with - luke - han - and - chewie. or - in - the - millenium - falcon.Ohhhhh, burrrrrrrrn! u got me good.

Jargo
09-30-2006, 10:03 PM
well being honest, what was the point of giving a figure of old Obi soft goods robes and then unarticulated legs? using POTJ Old Obi and shoving a cloak on him from the Geonosis acessory pack does the same thing with the advantage of more accurate looking inner robes.
Besides, they gave ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan articulated knees and they're never seen sitting, so what's the dealio with Old Ben who seems to be forever parking his aged butt on a seat but gets no joy in the knees department? makes no sense.
No doubt when they do give Obi his articulatd knees it'll be underneath a plastic robe which is under a plastic cloak.
They've been making these figures for years, surely they have enough research done to know which figures need articulation and which don't. Or am I crediting them with more intelligence than is actually there?

JediTricks
10-01-2006, 12:00 AM
Hasbro is a bit slow on the Kenobi thing, the guy's an action hero in the prequels and is often seen sitting down even as a ghost in the OT (in his hut, in the cantina, in the Falcon cockpit, in the Falcon hold, and on the Dagobah log), but they can barely get him away from a hard plastic split-side robe.

Jayspawn
10-03-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm hoping that Hasbro does an Evolutions Obi-Wan set -so we GET an ANH Ben with articulated knees, extra sabers, training remote, soft goods, etc.

I dont think we even have a TPM or AOTC Kenobi with articulated knees either!!!!

Rogue II
10-03-2006, 01:54 PM
knees it'll be underneath a plastic robe which is under a plastic cloak.
They've been making these figures for years, surely they have enough research done to know which figures need articulation and which don't. Or am I crediting them with more intelligence than is actually there?

Well, in the movie, for the 3 seconds Djas Puhr is on screen, he is sitting at a table, but the figure doesn't have articulated knees. You already brought up Dr. Evazan and Ponda Baba. There are others with either extra or not enough articulation compared to what they did in the movies, but I can't think of them right now. To their credit, Hasbro has been doing better lately (OTC and current line) in regards to giving figures articulation...except for Ben Kenobi. Hopefully they will make a new Obi-Wan that can fit into the Landspeeder or the non-existant cantina booth or non-existant seats on the Falcon.

JediTricks
10-04-2006, 02:19 PM
I'm hoping that Hasbro does an Evolutions Obi-Wan set -so we GET an ANH Ben with articulated knees, extra sabers, training remote, soft goods, etc.Don't count on it, Hasbro's answer to the question of Evolutions was that they're not happening again, they'd prefer to put those quality of figures into other methods in off-movie years.

Jargo
10-10-2006, 04:53 PM
wonder if it would be posible to customise Ben using the legs from the jedi council cinema scene Mace Windu, use the legs from the groin down to the boot tops and then swap Maces boots for Ben's. should be easy enough to make a soft goods lower robe from a fabric better than the usual stuff Hasbro uses. get the right layers and folds into it. It wouldn't be a perfect customisation but it would serve the purpose of getting Ben to sit. and with a soft goods cloak over the top it'd be a cinch getting him into the landspeeder.

Speaking of the landspeeder, I wanna cut out that semicircular flat panel behind the seats so Threepio can get his legs down there like he does in the movie. but looking at production stills of the actual landspeeder prop vehicle it appears that is no gap behind the seats. so where do Threepio's legs go when he rides into Mos Eisley on the speeder sitting up behind Luke? he's facing forward and appears to be sitting there with knees bent and legs tucked behind the seat. I'm confoooooosed!!!!!!!

JediTricks
10-11-2006, 02:35 PM
I suspect that panel folds in to allow access to a storage area or something, otherwise 3PO's legs just come off. :p

Jargo
10-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Ok I just watched the scene more carefully and Anthony Daniels rode side saddle with his legs across that panel behind the seats. DOH!

JediTricks
10-12-2006, 02:37 PM
Sounds uncomfortable. At least now we have a 3PO figure that can actually sit that way.