PDA

View Full Version : Carded Sneak Preview R3-T7

Beast
01-30-2002, 11:55 AM
The same person that posted images of Zam Wesell and the CloneTrooper on his auction yesterday put two more auctions up early this morning. I'm glad I bookmarked his sales and kept checking back. Here you go, images of the Sneak Preview R3-T7

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sneak Preview R3-T7 Card Front:

Beast
01-30-2002, 11:57 AM
Sneak Preview R3-T7 Card Back:

Beast
01-30-2002, 11:58 AM
Carded R3-T7 Close-Up Bubble View:

JetsAndHeels
01-30-2002, 11:59 AM
Thanks for all the pics, Jar Jar. You have definately kept us very updated.

SithDroid
01-30-2002, 01:00 PM
Is it just me or do all of the sneak preview figures look weird being centered on the card? I don't know if I can get used to this new packaging. Plus do we really need that much plastic surrounding R3-T7? No wonder we are getting charged a dollar more.

InsaneJediGirl
01-30-2002, 01:03 PM
Thanks for keeping us updated JarJar:D This is the best AOTC figure i've seen yet.

JetsAndHeels
01-30-2002, 01:08 PM
They all look good (despite the weird poses).
Can't wait to pick these up in March and get started on EP2 toys.

JonoFett
01-30-2002, 02:16 PM
This is a great looking figure, although you can't really go wrong with astromechs as so many have been produced-to-date. I will inevitably bow to the temptation and buy these figures. I would only hope that the pre-posing concept is reconsidered.

JEDIpartner
01-30-2002, 02:53 PM
...but he looks a little lonely in that HUGE bubble. They should have given him a friend to go in there with him! :(

Poor little guy! Well... I have to agree with my pal Insanity there... he IS the best looking figure thus far. I'd say Zam is a close second. :happy:

xboywonder
01-30-2002, 02:56 PM
This is the best looking Ep2 figure I have seen so far... but $8 for this little guy... say it ain't so !!

Turbowars
01-30-2002, 09:02 PM
OK, I have decided to stop *****ing- at the moment. Great figure Hasbro! I was going to say doesn't a R3 unit have a clear dome, but thanks to JARJAR's close up I see that it does!! I kind of see what Hasbro is doing with the line. The extra large bubble allows figures to be in a action pose which I have decided I like and also allows hasbro to produce another generic card. Well I guess I have one last thing to ***** and moan about, Why does the new R4 unit have a mouse droid and the R3 has nothing but a blue shock bead around him?

JonoFett
01-31-2002, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by turbowars
Why does the new R4 unit have a mouse droid and the R3 has nothing but a blue shock bead around him? Take a wild guess:rolleyes: The R4 is an imperial droid so naturally Hasbro felt we need another mouse droid as a pack-in. How unoriginal. Also, the R4 is not seen in a damaged or electrocuted state, whereas the R3 droid obviously receives unwelcomed blaster fire. :)

Obi-Don
01-31-2002, 07:36 AM
THe pictures look great,thank you. I'm still not crazy about the one pose figure,but I will buy these.

LTBasker
01-31-2002, 07:50 AM
The figure is awesome and I'm glad we're getting a clear dome astromech (even when we didn't really expect one :eek: ) I just think the packing is...well, c'mon. Action pose excuse can't really be said here because they could've just enlarged the bubble like E1 R2-D2. You could fit 2-3 astromech droids in there easy. What a waste of space... and just imagine how much case room those bubbles have to take up. I mean if you think about, the only real new thing about the figure is the head, the paint and the lightning-looking thing, how much did that cost'em? $2? maybe $1 for the body mold since they didn't have to do anything special with it nor did they have to do it from scratch?

Fixer
01-31-2002, 07:50 AM
I was hoping it'd have a clear dome, and it does! Now, if we can just get that R5 resculpt, I'll be happy with the crop o' astromechs we've got - one of each dome type for customizing purposes.

R5, R5, R5...

Jargo
01-31-2002, 08:22 AM
I grudgingly admit to taking a shine to this droid based purely on the clear dome. i think the execution of the paint deco is dreadful and the packaging leaves a lot to be desired. I don't ever remember seeing an astro droid with such a long stride before. The electo flash gimmick is wearing a little thin IMO. But the clear dome is worth buying this figure for so that a hundred customisations can be achieved. I too will buy the R4 droid which looks so good compared to this. I don't see the reasoning behind packing a lame xmas cracker novelty in with R4 but that's just one more gimmick. And a used gimmick at that. It wouldn't have been so bad if it was the right scale for a mouse droid. How hard would it have been to make a new one? it's such a diddy little thing someone could have knocked one up in an hour. But no we just get a re-issue of a crap accessory that was crap the first time it got released. And lo! It's still crap. Crap like the electro flash body wrap thing that comes with R3. At the very least they could have packed another droid in with R3. Such a small figure and we pay the same price as for a regular carded figure. Harumph!:mad:

They'd better put out a decent R5 droid now jeez it just needs a new head sculpt on an old R2 body. If they can manage two new droid heads in one year then they can manage three. And how about throwing in an R1 droid too? And the other droids from the Jawa droid sale. How about a black imperial R5 droid, how about RA-7 and CZ-3 from the sandcrawler droid hold, how about just scrubbing the heroes from your production schedule and just make the droids. Tons of droids. You at least manage to get them mostly right. Apart from C-3PO and his wide leg stances in the early versions. but we'll gloss over that in favour of these ther droids that are interesting and differently unique. Just forget the dumb Jedi for one second and make the damn droids will you!

Steeltormentor
02-02-2002, 09:09 AM
Will the star cases still fit these new cards, they look to be the same size as the previous cards but of course looks can be deceiving. As it seems with many things we get from Hasbro.