PDA

View Full Version : The Jackal

Tycho
09-30-2006, 05:25 AM
This awesome thriller was done "Miami Vice style" in a way, with Bruce Willis as a James Bond type of hitman working for the Russian Mafia. Everyone thinks his target is the FBI Director because a key Russian mobster's brother was killed with assistance the USA provided to the Russian Police. However, Willis' "Jackal" is going after an even more ambitious target - 70 million dollars for the death of the First Lady of the United States (who's coincidentally similar to Hillary Clinton, or maybe Tipper Gore).

Out to stop him is an IRA terrorist Richard Gere, who once went up against The Jackal and who's then girlfriend was shot by him while pregnant. They lost the child and Gere's character was sentenced to prison and beaten routinely by the British - but the FBI agent in charge of stopping this Moscow mob hit can change the way things have been going for him if he helps take down The Jackal - as professional master of disguise and assasinations.

There's a "new wave / techno club" type of soundtrack to this one, boats, really high tech weapons and a smoothe helicopter.

I recommend it as worth watching! Anyone seen The Jackal?

2-1B
09-30-2006, 12:43 PM
I saw it in the theater when it first came out but I don't recall most of it...save for Jack Black being taken down from long range.

I'm kinda hoping they'll make a sequel called The Jackalope.

stillakid
09-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I like just about any assassin flicks. :) They're killer. :bandit:

2-1B
09-30-2006, 12:51 PM
The only thing better than a flick about an assassin is a flick about TWO assassins. I offer Stallone and Banderas in Assassins as proof. :p

stillakid
09-30-2006, 12:56 PM
The only thing better than a flick about an assassin is a flick about TWO assassins. I offer Stallone and Banderas in Assassins as proof. :p

Mr. and Mrs. Smith. She's such a hottie! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: