PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever actually get a 'Collect for Life' wristband?

RooJay
09-30-2006, 10:43 PM
I've ordered lots of Sideshow figures since the 'Collect for Life' program started, but have never received one of those neato keen wristbands. I know it sounds a bit petty considering that the real reason for the program is to generate funds for the Lance Armstrong Foundation which I totally understand is the only part that matters and which I'm more than proud to support, but I have also only received confirmation that even the donation itself was made one time. Aside from just thinking the wristbands were kind of cool and how I'd be proud to sport one based on what it represents and what it was designed to support, I honestly wouldn't care that I've never received one if Sideshow would ever send me some kind of proof or confirmation that my donation actually made it to the organization to which it was promised. Just wondering what other forumites experience was with this program.

JediTricks
10-01-2006, 12:02 AM
I was wondering that earlier this week as I was going over my old emails from Sideshow - I never got a confirmation that a donation was made and I never got a wristband, but I did receive 1 item that shipped in the March-August window.

K M Toydarian
10-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Last week I received 3 12" ; Han, Obi Wan, and Qui Gon that I had requested be shipped together. In the big box I also got a really nice 1/2 inch thick full color catalogue (Volume 9 - shows Luke 12" and up to Greivous PF). I also got a tan baseball cap with Sideshow logo on front and Collect for Life slogan on back. I assumed this was the same Lance Armstrong promo as the bracelets, but I never have received a bracelet, with either SDCC Anakin or Kit.

RooJay
10-03-2006, 01:46 AM
Yeah...I've never received any of that kind of stuff. I wonder what gives?! Maybe you used better money than mine?

K M Toydarian
10-03-2006, 03:10 AM
I can only assume because I had 3 figs ship together, they added the bonus stuff, as the box was huge. Kit and Anakin came separately in small boxes, with no room. I don't know how they decide who gets the catalogue, maybe high end buyers, and they thought I was one? I would think they might send out some with Jabba, since his clan is pretty expensive, and I imagine will be in a huge box. I would love to get a catalogue showing all the Star Wars 12", the next time they update it.

jonthejedi
10-03-2006, 04:03 AM
I ordered some "Apes" 12" awhile back & because the box was oversize, they stuck in some goodies: wristband, aforementioned vol. 9 catalog(which I heard you can call cust. service & request), DVD catalog(#4) & a metal Sideshow keychain. Normally, I only receive a 12" SW & there wouldn't be room for anything inside the mailer, so...I don't know what their parameters are for enclosing freebies.

RooJay
10-03-2006, 09:01 AM
Well that kind of makes sense in a way, but that wasn't what we were all promised. According to the details of the program those promos were to be awarded for all orders rather than just for those of us who could afford to buy multiple items at once. Honestly, I'd just be happy if they'd ever sent me at least a note that said, "Hey, thanks - a donation was made in your name to the Lance Armstrong Foundation." The wristband would've been a great little extra that I would have been proud to sport as proof of my donation and would've also served as confirmation of the promise that Sideshow had made.

Darth Cruel
10-04-2006, 03:49 PM
I ordered some "Apes" 12" awhile back & because the box was oversize, they stuck in some goodies: wristband, aforementioned vol. 9 catalog(which I heard you can call cust. service & request), DVD catalog(#4) & a metal Sideshow keychain. Normally, I only receive a 12" SW & there wouldn't be room for anything inside the mailer, so...I don't know what their parameters are for enclosing freebies.

I got the same stuff when I recieved an Art S. Buck mannequin that I ordered. I was happy that my wrist band was black as that is my favorite color.