PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy Empire- knock-offs etc ???

mabudonicus
10-01-2006, 04:38 PM
I was just curious- is there any sort of info on these anywheres??

They were called "Galaxy Empire" and they were scaled-up (maybe 6-7" I guess) repros of the earlier POTF2 figs- most were painted sorta correctly, like the stormtrooper and Boba Fett, but some of them were nutty, like a rich brown Darth Vader and some pretty liberal interpretations of some of the heroes.
I can't seem to find mention of them, and am curious as to how many folks have seen them or have any fond/hilarious recollections of them?? They wre avaliable her eat dolars stores in maybe 1998 or a bit afterwards, hollow plastic but perfect rips of the "muscle" figs from the first few waves

there are a few other dollar-store type toys about for a thile, a falcon with twin cockpits and an A-wing with a bunch of crazy crap stuck to it, but I can't recall the name

Anyways, I'm rambling :D&

DarkArtist
10-03-2006, 09:30 PM
I've seen these to yet never saw the ships just the figures. They also released 12" figures of the Darth Vader and Stormtrooper. Would love to get some bootleg stuff.

Reefer Shark
10-03-2006, 10:25 PM
lol I have a few bootleg Vaders buried away in the closet (chocolate Vader is one of them). I remember seeing those awful ships too at these little import toy shops. They also always seem to have tons of bootleg Spider-Man and Batman stuff. Too funny!

Rogue II
10-03-2006, 10:29 PM
While we were at SWC, I posted these images of Korean bootleg figures I bought in 1999. I have an extra set of one of them, but I don't remember which one.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/rjg426/DCP_0804_edited.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/rjg426/DCP_0803_edited.jpg

mabudonicus
10-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Holy COW them sets are sweet R2... the colours aren't too bad but some of them sculpts are hilarious, thanks for re=posting this here, that's the kind of crap I was hoping for starting this topic :beard:

DarkArtist- the ships were done differently, I can't recall any of the names they were sold under, but they were pretty small, smaller than micro-machines by a long shot, maybe 2-3 inches long, with silly stickers and really weird "art" on the cardback- one of the ones I got had an odd Gundam knockoff pictured on the package (pretty close to RX-78 but with odd accessories and really "off" colours) From what I remember, some of them had them "pullback" motors in them..

Refershark- "chocolate vader" is a must-have, especially since they were selling for like 2 dollars here.. I have another roughly 6" Vader that is FAR worse than the chocolate one, he is the proper black but the sculpt (if you could even call it a "sculpt", looks more like he just kinda "fromed" by himself) is real bad, and he has these blue gloves and boots and a real sad cape...

I also have a sleeve of super-deformed SW characters, about 1.5" tall apiece, with a real unusual mix represented- my buddy grabbed 'em for me in HongKong when he was there visiting a couple of years ago. The "Jar JAr" fig from that set was featured in "rocking Deuce" (for the trivia buffs out there) &

Rogue II
10-04-2006, 01:49 PM
I have a Korean bootleg Episode 1 Qui-Gon and Anakin. I'll try to get some pics of those this weekend. If I remember right, the "commtech chips" have naked 3PO on them and the picture is of Anakin.

El Chuxter
10-04-2006, 03:02 PM
I found some figures at the swap meet in Little Saigon a few weeks ago. It looked like they slapped the head from the first POTF2 Luke on the upper torso of the Clone Wars Kit Fisto and the legs of Monkey-Faced Leia, then added the weird cloak from the EU Clone Emperor. The packaging said it was from a line called "STAR WAR FIGUERS." The character was named Darf (yes, "Darf") Rusk, and there was a clear blue one called "Darf Florbin."

They both came with CommTech chips that made an especially rude comment about how their enemies smell.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-04-2006, 04:33 PM
I have none, but would definitely like to find some. Where do you guys find them?

Rogue II
10-04-2006, 04:50 PM
I found mine in a toy shop while I was stationed in Korea. I have an extra set of the bootleg 8-Pack containing Hoth Han Solo, Boba Fett, Stormtrooper, EU Chewbacca, EU Luke, C-3PO, Tatooine Luke, & TIE Pilot. I'm willing to trade/sell that set. If I remember right, I paid somewhere between $10-$15 for it.

mabudonicus
10-05-2006, 07:53 AM
Rebo's Guitarist-
you kind of have to look in weird places for them, since they are frowned upon by the licensees. I think the ones Chux mentioned would be pretty darn difficult to locate, but just look at flea markets or in Chinatown style places and you should hit some kind of gold- I haven't seen any real obvious ones for a while, but then again I haven't been looking :beard: Isobar&

bobafrett
10-05-2006, 09:27 AM
I found some Kubrick knock offs on eBay, as well as some dwarf looking Episode 1 figures, so do a search on eBay!

COMMANDERCODY2795
10-06-2006, 10:03 PM
could somebody post some pics of the double cocpit'ed falcon and a wing with crap attatched to it.

mabudonicus
10-24-2006, 03:18 PM
Sorry it took me so long to reply, Commander-
I think all I have is the A-wing but I don't know what became of it, is was REALLYcrappy, but if I run across it I will post a snap of it here :beard:Isobars&