View Full Version : October Hauls

figrin bran
10-02-2006, 01:40 AM
Battlestar Galactica season 2.5
dirt devil vacuum cleaner
Marcedes Lewis autograph card from ebay

General_Grievous
10-02-2006, 10:12 PM
My Wal Mart put out the "X-Men: The Last Stand" DVD early, so I picked that up. They had just set up the display as I got there.

JetsAndHeels
10-03-2006, 10:21 PM
Marcedes Lewis autograph card from ebay

Nice...care to scan it for us??

Today I picked up the following:

4 packs of upper deck football (scored a Vince Young star rookie limited)
X-Men last stand dvd

UKWildcat
10-04-2006, 12:03 AM
I received all of Mezco's Attack of the Living Dead figures today. Got both strains (pale and color) versions of each figure, Earl, Jake and Hellen for a total of 6 figs. Each figure strain came with a different head variant too, which is what I was wanting. :thumbsup: These things are pretty twisted. Me likey. :twisted:

Kidhuman
10-04-2006, 12:19 AM
I got Obi-Wans electronic Saber tonight at WM for 5 bucks on clearance. IT came with the bonus DVD of CW cartoons and lightsaber action moves. Anybody watch that yet?

Isobars&

figrin bran
10-04-2006, 03:42 AM
Heels, i haven't received the Lewis Topps Chrome auto yet. the day i posted was the day that i won it.

from hasbrotoyshop, i just ordered (thanks to the 25% off + free shipping code, i saved quite a lot! :thumbsup: )

Artoo Potato
TF Classics Rodimus
TF Classics Bumblebee

JediTricks
10-04-2006, 04:02 PM
TF:Classics Starscream
TF:Classics Bumblebee
TF:Classics Rodimus
TF:Classics Optimus Prime

I don't have time to post thoughts, but they're all pretty cool to varying degrees. They were 30% overpriced at Fry's so I didn't buy the ones I wasn't sure of, I passed on Astrotrain and Megatron.

bobafrett
10-05-2006, 09:21 AM
Norton Anti Virus upgrade.

JediTricks
10-05-2006, 10:10 PM
TF:Classics Bumblebee - Decent, seems a little overscaled in vehicle mode and wave crusher is way too small for the driver of that vehicle, rubsign isn't applied straight (not exactly a big shocker) and doesn't fit in the back. Vehicle is pretty sporty. Coloring could be better, the bold yellow and pearly white plastic fades the sculpted details. Transformation is decent. Bot mode is better than I expected, the shell back and chest do a decent job of hiding the gaps so he looks pretty complete. He's fairly solid too. Head sculpt is tons of character but could use more techy details, and his eyes are cast in light blue translucent plastic but not lightpiped so they look yellow from the paint behind them when you shine a light back there. I wish the thigh armor didn't get in the way of the shin armor though. Wave crusher backpack is decent. All in all, likable despite not being a VW.

TF:Classics Starscream - Looks great from above, very solid homage to G1, but is actually thicker and blockier from the side and beneath than the original which isn't so good for a jet (looks like CY Thundercracker's alt mode is still the tops). I hate seeing the robot torso on the bottom of the jet, and the empty collar could at least have rotated in or something. Milky silver plastic looks awful up close, details det demolished, especially his face. Transformation is decent, satisfying even. Bot mode is alright but a bit blocky. Pose options are limited unfortunately. Head sculpt is good but face is lost in milky silver plastic. His head can turn enough - maybe 30 degrees either way - even though the nose of the plane hangs off the back. Guns fit in shoulders but posing requires moving the wings, guns also fit in fists. All in all, not quite good enough, but close.

TF:Classics Rodimus - Great vehicle mode but designed with tolerances too tight to reproduce in regular production, so doors and pipes don't QUITE line up in the tiniest last little bit which is frustrating. Vehicle seems a bit small compared to Cybertron $10 vehicles, same body length & width but shorter. The jet engine in the back is cool and the blue flame missile works way better than on Cybertron Crosswise. You can flip the panel over to use the jet gun in vehicle mode, it looks less silly if you rotate the spoiler halves back. Transformation feels more cheaty than it actually is; love the widening chest thing; don't forget to slide the waist forward (I do nearly every time). Bot is decent, again seems a little small for a $10 but is the right height, he's just built to a little finer level, less chunky and more refined - uses a smaller-than-normal peg size for the fists which aren't as big as most. There's sculpted detail everywhere, even places that are hidden in both modes, looks great. Poseability is ok but could be better, the ball-jointed shoulders don't make up for true universal-jointed shoulders in part because the ball-joints are limited in an odd way. The elbows are just hinges, but the hips and knees are universal joints at least. The detail is pretty smooth, it's a great look and the paint does its job well. The head is a little too mature for Hot Rod, but he's not a geezer either, it looks good; the dark blue light-piped eyes are a bit hard to get going, but with the right light look tremendous. All in all, Rodimus is pretty darn nifty with clever transformation ideas and great design.

TF:Classics Optimus Prime - This is clearly a toy sized at the old $15 pricepoint, but be that as it may, Prime rocks hard for what he is, and paint is good all around (although the yellow on his forearms doesn't quite do it for me). Vehicle mode is a fantastic cab-over update, looks very modern without being a conventional semi a la Laser Prime. Classics Prime's truck mode looks pretty good with the vane on and if you rotate his head around (they pack him with his head face-up) he looks even more Prime without the vane or pipes. Speaking of, the pipes aren't that great as pipes but they're alright with the vane balancing the height. The vane can be transformed into rifle mode and attached to the top of the truck, but the pipes gun can't be used here. Transformation is pretty nice and satisfying if a tad kibbly. Bot mode is slick with a lean, heroic build and plenty of sculpted detail. The boots are a bit bulky and long, The only kibble is the front wheels & bumper hanging off the back and the fenders & doors of the truck as shell pieces on the forearms. Prime's head is good, but I don't get why his faceplate is in 2 pieces, and his lightpiping is dark like Rodimus'. Articulation is very good, lacking only rotating wrists, rotating mid-thighs, and up & down motion on the neck. Vane weapon is alright, nothing spectacular and I would have liked to see the sight painted in, it's more of a long-range rifle than a primary weapon. The pipes weapon has a nifty tranformation and its hinge is pinned to one side but uses bumps for the other, so I believe it's designed to be separated as 2 guns - the peg halves fit in his fists nicely, but the pistol halves are hollow on the inside; combined, the gun is badass. I wish the forearm kibble was removable and could combine to make a shield. All in all, he's got a lot going for him and I like him quite a bit, he has a lot of character in both modes really, but he is small at $20 so take that into consideration.

Kidhuman
10-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Leia on Speeder and MAce JSF Titanium

Isobars & :beard:

Dar' Argol
10-05-2006, 11:29 PM
I scored nice today. I picked up 4 501st clones, 2 Shock troopers, 1 Utapau clone, 1 regular clone, and I got the "Vader falling down the stairs" Unleashed carded from ebay . . . . . :D It was like x-mas today:D

figrin bran
10-06-2006, 01:55 AM
dvd optimus prime from hasbrotoyshop
2 Garrett Atkins autographed cards from ebay

Rocketboy
10-06-2006, 11:50 PM
6 pack of Bud Light

JediTricks
10-08-2006, 06:16 PM
Star Wars Battle Packs Unleashed Snowspeeder - decent sculpting if a bit soft, about 50% bigger than Action Fleet version and steals a lot of its notes, but without 2 of its flaws, this BPU version has a real back window and the landing leg folds flush. The paint on the vehicle is pretty good, some small details and weathering give it a lot of character. The figure sculpting and painting is ok, nothing to write home about though which is odd since it's the focus of the set. The gunners are just torsos and heads with matching paint (the rear one should have Dack's paint scheme instead of Luke's), no arms or legs, no articulation, and only the front one is removable. There's a separate pilot Luke that matches up nicely with the pilot, but is a preposed mini-Unleashed figure which I don't care for - though they articulated his shoulders and neck so there's a little variation allowed. The set also has a snowbank display stand, it has a cut-away so the snowspeeder can be crashed into it with snow over the front, or you can use the clear rod to display it flying over the snow, it works pretty nicely. It feels a bit overpriced at $20, but I am a fan of the Snowspeeder so I had to get it. Grade: B-

Corgi Batman 1:43rd Catmobile - Catwoman's car from the '60s, with chrome claws in the bumpers that spring out, both front and back, when you push down on the front axle. The dark purple color isn't too loud or ridiculous, but mine has a scrape on 1 side which is a bit sad. The rest of the paint work is decent, neither flashy nor underwhelming. The sculpt is very cool with the cat ears flying off the hood and over the fenders, and the cat tail on the trunk. It's a nifty piece, not quite enthralling but decent. Grade: A-

figrin bran
10-09-2006, 02:48 AM
Titanium Series Jetfire

Jargo
10-10-2006, 05:30 PM
R1-G4 Saga gold stripe (wanted a second to customise but only found the one)
Chewbacca VOTC (hoping to swap his head for an ANH one)
Cantina multipack #1 with Kitik Keed'Kak, Dr. Evazan and Wuher (though all those figures need repainting.)

Had to curtail my spending this month I'm getting slapped wrists from my partner. So I'm selling an Eopie and a shuttle to raise funds for next month.

pbarnard
10-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Just got confirmation from Eneterainment Earth that the Kir Kanos/Cranor Jax 2 Pack is in, and they're sending me it with the Holiday Jawa and Astromech packs I've patiently set aside for.

Also, Marauder John has sent me all the modified sterling machine guns I can use (and some more just in case), some other guns for my Joes.

Finally, and totally unrelated, decided on the tux i'm going to buy/own (since i have 3 other suits already).

JediTricks
10-11-2006, 04:46 PM
GI Joe Sigma 6 Destro - pretty cool, but I'm afraid my acidy skin will ruin the chrome head. His head has red eyes and is clean chrome in the middle and then painted slightly darker on the outer panels which is odd but makes for good shading and character. He's sporting mega-bling with a fat red chrome Cobra medallion around his neck. His jacket is bolero-length and padded, with mock-buttons down the front (it uses velcro), very '80s. ;) His main weapon I don't care for, it doesn't have a true handle and doesn't fit over his shoulder well, if it had a flip-down handle I would have loved it too, especially since all its gear fits in the foam insert so the weapons locker is fully-contained. His secondary accessory is a briefcase with slide-up machine gun, that is so cool! The briefcase has a laptop keyboard and sticker screen (with the Firebat details) on the bottom side, and the other side has stickers of a $1000 bill and a 1000-Euro bill done so they look like 6 stacks of money. The gun slides up when its closed as if Destro dropped the case and it revealed itself to be a hidden weapon, I only wish the gun would stay fully slid-up but there are no clips to hold it all the way in place. The gun slides off its rails and becomes a nifty Uzi-like machine gun with slide-out stock, Destro holds it very nicely. It's a good set, I only wish they had included 1 more accessory like a knife or tool kit or something. Grade: B+

Sideshow 12" LOTR Aragorn as Strider - wow! That is an amazing figure, even the box is special, everything about that presentation floored me. The likeness isn't perfect as the eyes are a little off, but from the front slightly above or below and from the right it's a very good interpretation. The costume is stunning work, even weathered the right way, yet I'm glad I'm not one of those collectors who feels compelled to strip it down and redress it as I can't imagine how some of that stuff is going to come off. And the accessories are unbelievable, so much to see, it's all so amazing. I wasn't sure about this set right up until I opened the box, I couldn't afford it and I didn't want to get stuck collecting something else, but this entry floored me. Grade: A!

Kidhuman
10-11-2006, 06:54 PM
I found all the new TF Titanium 3". I bought Grimlock. Predaking and Scorponok look like poop. Will get my stashed prime tomorrow(pay day)

&Isobars

Kidhuman
10-12-2006, 10:03 PM
Picked up the prime today, also got the Titanium Lava Vader on clearance for 7.48 and a GB 3po beige base variant.

Blue2th
10-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Checked two Targets today. One put out Zev's Snowspeeder, and Kit's Starfighter on an endcap. That's earlier than the toy set date of the 15th. So I picked up one of each. Well, there was only one Snowspeeder left by the time I got there around 10:30 AM.

JediTricks
10-14-2006, 03:59 AM
LEGO 8662 Blue Renegade - Got it for 50 cents off at Target, of all the latest batch this was the only one to really keep my attention. It's a great little set, definitely worth the $4 full price, one of the best LEGO vehicles ever I think, a great shape - racing style with a hint of futuristic - that's sleek, low-slung (evenly, for once), and totally smooth with flat tiles and various other smooth shapes covering the whole shebang. It's colors are great without the stickers, I haven't bothered with them so far. I even tweaked it to go a little Spy Hunter with a boat mode, stripped-down mode, and jet mode. Grade: A

figrin bran
10-14-2006, 05:21 PM
1 Sandtrooper
1 Shocktrooper
McFarlane Sports Picks Drew Bledsoe, Eli Manning
TF Classics Deluxe Astrotrain, Starscream, Rodimus, Bumblebee

JediTricks
10-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Picked this mofo up at TRU yesterday:

Transformers Classics Astrotrain - fun but not up to the "Classics" level and falls short of the G1 original. Bad coloring, awful train mode, bland robot, and questionable articulation choices undermine what does work. Ultimately, this is another Classics Decepticon figure that almost gets the update right but fumbles at the 20, Astrotrain isn't awful but definitely doesn't measure up to modern quality or his Generation 1 namesake. Grade: C+

El Chuxter
10-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Pie crusts
Cottage cheese
Ranch&

figrin bran
10-15-2006, 10:48 PM
re: Classics Astrotrain, how is it that the train mode is much larger than space shuttle mode? ;) i think robot mode is best on that one and that's not really saying a whole lot.

Lost Season 2
Topps Basketball, Football Chrome Packs - i got a Vince Young refractor
renuzit air fresheners

JediTricks
10-16-2006, 06:21 PM
The train mode is probably 3 inches longer, but of course singificantly narrower, this is because they took the kibble on the side of the shuttle (the bot arms and train front half) and just turned it around. Very cheesy.

If you mean how is it longer than a large space shuttle, the answer is "magic!" ;) Mass-shifting, I suppose.

Kidhuman
10-16-2006, 10:05 PM
Got a Yankees T-shirt in the mail today.

figrin bran
10-17-2006, 02:56 AM
Got a Yankees T-shirt in the mail today.

was it a 2006 World Series Champs shirt that was printed before the playoffs and is now unsellable? :D

bobafrett
10-17-2006, 01:23 PM
I got two 501st challenge coins today. It's a Star Wars thing, you wouldn't understand.

figrin bran
10-18-2006, 03:01 AM
i ordered Gragra, Endor Soldier, Holo Maul, the 2 podracers and Endor Luke from amazon tonight.

pbarnard
10-18-2006, 11:51 PM
Hello, I'm an addict. I got a Rogue 2 Snowspeeder today...Zev is cool.

JetsAndHeels
10-19-2006, 12:00 AM
I got "Justice League Heroes" for PS2 today.

figrin bran
10-19-2006, 12:32 AM
I got "Justice League Heroes" for PS2 today.

how do you like it so far?

Kidhuman
10-19-2006, 02:10 AM
Since I cant find anything new, I decided to get the Musatfar and Tantive IV variant bases for the GB 3po's

El Chuxter
10-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Jeez, KH, if you can't find anything, save up for when you find a lot. :p

Me, I got about 1/2 ton of rock this week. Soon the neighbors will know the full power of my fully armed and operational, uh, yard.

JetsAndHeels
10-19-2006, 12:25 PM
how do you like it so far?

It is really good. You start off with Batman and Supes...you can switch characters during play if you like. If one of you happens to die the character is revived at the next checkpoint.
I just cleared the second level in Starlabs by defeating Braniac.

Kidhuman
10-19-2006, 08:25 PM
Jeez, KH, if you can't find anything, save up for when you find a lot. :p

I normally do, but when you need the fix you gotta buy something.

I got the Snowspeeder and Bobafett Unleashed today at Target.

El Chuxter
10-19-2006, 09:53 PM
Unmasked Green Goblin -- a freaking sweet variant! I had no idea he was holding the Goblin mask!

Honkey Endor Trooper -- finally.

Blue2th
10-19-2006, 11:30 PM
Found the latest wave of Titaniums at Walmart today: Blue Naboo Fighter, which is cool looking, so I bought two. The battle damaged TIE Bomber, Snowspeeder (??) and the Command Gunship. Also a couple of Johnny Lightnings "Black w/ Flames"

Rocketboy
10-19-2006, 11:56 PM
Found a carpload of DVD on the cheap at Wal-mart tonight.

The Skulls (replacing the wife's VHS) - $4.88

Apollo 13 (Someone forgot to remove the sale sign) - $4.99

Lost in Space - $5.50, Mindless and goofy, but I liked it for some reason.

Blade 2 (2-disc) - $6.88 I just hope I never opened my single disc version.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the new one, 2-disc) - $6.88 The "Platinum Series" with the gimmic metal faceplate, evidence kit and other carp. Haven't seen it, but if I think it sucks, hell, it was only $6.88.

JediTricks
10-20-2006, 09:05 PM
Marauder's 1:18th Modified British Sterling Machine Gun (aka Stormtrooper E-11 Blaster) - pbarnard sent me one to check out from the lot he got, it's nice work, not perfect for my needs but if I can track down a few more figures it'll work nicely with, I can see getting a dozen of these. Here's the thread on it: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=33046

Sideshow 12" Obi-Wan & Qui-Gon Jinn belts - replacements for the defective ones I sent in, these are put together better than the first ones - beyond the defective issues even. The QGJ belt had both its pouches come off in the mailer envelope so I wasn't sure where they went back on, had to look that up. Other than that, everything works and looks good.

Sony PS2 Dualshock 2 translucent blue controller - The one that came with my slimline PS2 has been problematic for a while, the left stick would stick forward ever so slightly once in a while, but then yesterday I noticed it'd get stuck going backwards nearly all the time until I moved it to center, that's no good. This one has a slightly different feel, the action is a little different than I'm used to, but it works nicely.

SW:TSC Zev's Snowspeeder set - very nice set, attractive window box/diorama, figure is maybe the best pack-in ever (which ain't saying much), vehicle is nice, it's a good set all around. The figure is very decent, shoulders are only standard joints but sculpting is very nice, I wish he had universal-jointed shoulders and elbows though, that'd be perfect. Vehicle is strapped in with 2 annoying twisties that go through the body and a ton of clear-bands, there's even clear-bands in the cockpit for no discernable reason, the figure and ship look fine and stay in place pretty well without the twisites. The ship looks good and the addition of the air brakes is great - they still need to do the lower versions, but this is a great start. However, not sure why they applied white to the places they did, it's a bit much, and the paint could be more detailed (the diagonal lines on the intake is teeny; the backwards "ZZ" has aurebesh underneath but is only applied the correct orientation on one side, the other has regular latin "ZZ" instead), they also neglected to put a spring on the landing leg so it just flops about when you slide open the hatch, the interior is still pretty spartan, and the hinge on the cockpit is still poorly designed and feels like it'll break. Oh, and one thing I really dislike is how the cannons come out so easily, that's really lame. All in all though, this is one of my favorite vehicles, there are no lame stickers to apply, the echo base diorama looks great, and the figure is dang nice, for a $30 Target exclusive, this is a good set. Grade: B+

Transformers Classics Megatron - better than I expected, a decent toy that's fun in both modes, total shellmastery transformation though, and he really should be mostly silver instead of flat gray and purple; and those black eyebrows from the crest is a no-no. The gun mode is small but not ridiculously and fits in my hand ok, and it's fairly solid. Transformation moves a lot of significant parts which is cool. Bot mode is somewhat straightforward and the heels aren't quite right to keep him upright well, but he can take some good poses. The wings as kibble is heinous but partly acceptable. Decent, my early grade is: B+

Kidhuman
10-21-2006, 12:28 AM
Galactic Heroes:

Han and Luke Stormie
Greedo and Han

TSC:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraggggggggga!!
Black Endor Trooper
Vader
Naboo Soldier

figrin bran
10-21-2006, 06:09 PM
Gragra
Dirt covered titanium swamp speeder
Target JLU Doomsday 6 pack

Slicker
10-21-2006, 06:18 PM
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the new one, 2-disc) - $6.88 The "Platinum Series" with the gimmic metal faceplate, evidence kit and other carp. Haven't seen it, but if I think it sucks, hell, it was only $6.88.I thought it was pretty good so you should be happy with it.

I picked up Mace's Fighter, Y-Wing, and Swamp Speeder Titaniums today.

JetsAndHeels
10-21-2006, 10:16 PM
Today I also picked up the Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 disc set for 6.88

Also got a UNC football jersey

El Chuxter
10-21-2006, 11:21 PM
Stopped by the comic shop today and unexpectedly came out with a carpload of graphic novels:

Batman: Black and White
DC Universe: The Stories of Alan Moore
Flight Vol. II
The Sandman: Preludes and Nocturnes
Superman: For All Seasons
Superman: True Brit
Transfomers: Matrix Quest
Will Eisner's New York: The Big City

It was a very bittersweet haul, as the owner is a friend of mine (I even did his website for him not that long ago, for nothing since he's a cool guy and one of the few guys who owns a comic shop and actually likes comics), and he's going to be closing his doors in January and is trying to start clearing out inventory now so he's not stuck with everything. I grabbed all the graphic novels he had that I was interested in (aside from a couple of Batman Chronicles, and an Astro City collection I'm now kicking myself for passing on and will pick up next week if it's still there) to help him out (and because he had them half-off), but it's going to suck now with the nearest comic shop being ten miles further away and run by a bunch of scalping dillweeds who I wouldn't pee on if they were on fire.

RIP, Heroes and Villains. :cry:

JediTricks
10-22-2006, 06:53 PM
SW:TSC Utapau Clone Trooper - I saw him on the peg and realized that Cody leading just the 2 I already have wasn't that great, 3 was better. :p Had a red Stormtrooper holo, what is it with the clones I'm picking up coming with Stormtroopers, it's like a conspiracy.

Slicker
10-22-2006, 06:59 PM
Finally got the Target Snowspeeder. That dang thing had been eluding me for some time but I got my grubby lil' paws on it.

bobafrett
10-22-2006, 09:50 PM
Finally picked up my Darth Maul statue from Alien Entertainment! Have yet to open it, nowhere safe enough to display it.

sith_killer_99
10-23-2006, 03:30 AM
Well, I managed to pick-up a "used" copy of "Supernatural" at the local game store. $25.00 for the entire first season....SCORE!

Yes, I am a cheap SOB!:D

figrin bran
10-25-2006, 12:02 AM
Justice League Unlimited season 1 dvd
McFarlane mini Eli Manning, Shaun Alexander
Gragra
endor soldier
mars guo/dud bolt
luke endor
holo darth maul

El Chuxter
10-25-2006, 11:18 AM
Titaniums Predaking and Grimlock. I heard you could use the Grimlock as a radio, but I couldn't pick up any stations. :confused:

Rocketboy
10-25-2006, 11:30 AM
Titaniums Predaking and Grimlock. I heard you could use the Grimlock as a radio, but I couldn't pick up any stations. :confused:I think Jeff Probst may have put a stop to that.

JediTricks
10-25-2006, 03:27 PM
My Amazon order came in super fast, I finally got to pick it up yesterday. All Hasbro Star Wars The Saga Collection...

TSC Luke Endor - Hasbro fixed this guy's main problem, his knees, now they're super-tight ratchets and not floppy and gappy. The figure was good in the Saga 1 line but feels dated, the sculpt likeness is very good but the deco here isn't, using lighter plastic for the skin and darker paint for the hair. Also, the articulation just isn't bringing the heat. The new gloved right hand is cool though. The new stuff is the outfit and accessories, they gave him the new Endor Trooper's removable helmet leaving its floppy strap on which doesn't seem right but it's close enough, there's a cloth poncho with holes to accomodate a belt, a gunbelt to go with the poncho, and a pistol which I believe is a reuse (it has that same soft sculpt as another from not too long back). Unfortunately, the poncho is too poofy and the belt can't close around its thick seams in the back so it has to be closed inside the poncho instead, the poncho doesn't quite work for me. Luke also has his lightsaber, more precisely the POTJ Obi-Wan geezer lightsaber that's the wrong hilt and sports a blade that's noticeably too long. Grade: B-

TSC Rebel Endor Trooper x2 - got the white guy twice, oh well. Sculpting is pretty good although the universal-jointed knees look a little obvious from the side, the facial likeness is halfway between cartoony and realistic, good enough but seems a bit off. Mixed bag of articulation, waist-down is very good, head is ball-jointed, but the arms are less so with standard shoulders, cut-biceps, but at least rotating wrists. The arms are hampered by the removable jacket, there's some movement there but I want more, maybe a cloth version would have worked better. The elbows are sculpted bent so poses are limited. Removable helmet is nice, head is good and has a headset sculpted on which leads to a wire that goes all the way down to a pack on his belt (it's removable from here). The backpack is nicely done. The blaster is a standard Rebel Fleet Trooper pistol which sucks, I don't remember them using this, and he's sculpted for a rifle-holding pose but comes with no rifle. The blaster also doesn't fit right in his damn holster and I can't figure out why. Still, he's ok for the most part. Grade: B

TSC Gragra - I bought this partly as a goof. I always thought it was "graga" but "gragra" from the race "swokes swokes" sounds completely dopey, then again Gragra looks incredibly dopey as one of the few alien costumes made up for The Phantom Menace. Gragra's sculpt is fairly accurate, tho' the pink plastic color is too light and doesn't get filled in as well as it should. Gragra's a big fat weirdo alien with a brain sticking out the back of her head, and the figure captures that pretty well but in adding a moving mouth (despite Gragra having a scant 1 line in the film) they made her look even more like a creepy muppet - the lower jaw is a separate piece and doesn't connect that close to the head. There's lots of articulation above the waist, none below, the ball-jointed shoulders and articulated wrists are a welcome surprise, the diagonal cut-joint left elbow and swivel right elbow are not as welcome but do alright. Gragra comes with a cleaver/axe and chuba frogs on a string, the axe's handle got bent pretty bad on mine. I dunno, the sculpt does have some softness in a few small areas and the deco doesn't quite hold, but it mostly delivers, yet I can't get past the wonky head articulation and separate jaw. Grade: B-

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-28-2006, 04:29 PM
Just got Vader FX at Shopko for $60

bobafrett
10-28-2006, 04:41 PM
Picked up $180 worth of Star Wars figures I had on Lay Away at Wal-Mart. They include the Tattoine wave, must be some Endor wave in their too, because there was Chief Chirpa, and 3PO in the chair.

I have a white Endor rebel soldier if anyone has the black one they would like to trade.

Also got the 3 pack figure sets that came out with the most recent OT release. Not sure if they were WM exclusives, but definitly a bunch of repacks.

Kidhuman
10-28-2006, 04:46 PM
I bought a Godzilla "King of the Lizards" Poster at the dollar store today. I also won a Quesidilla maker yesterday at work. I have been eating Quesidilla's for 24 straight hours.

figrin bran
10-28-2006, 06:06 PM
Classics Optimus Prime
Rogue II Snowspeeder
Titanium TIE Bomber, Snowspeeder, Grimlock
Bounty Hunters Bust Ups set
Batman Beyond season 2

KH, most people don't need some fancy machine to make quesadillas ;)

Kidhuman
10-28-2006, 07:50 PM
Maybe ya dont, but it ssure does help, especially when its free.

JediTricks
10-28-2006, 11:57 PM
Aren't they just waffle irons with different surface attachments? :p It's not like they make the tortilla or shred the cheese.

Kidhuman
10-29-2006, 07:21 AM
That about sums it up JT.

figrin bran
10-29-2006, 09:02 PM
Madden 07 for $27.99
shocktrooper
Topps Chrome Football blaster box
pegwarming JLU animated Aztek

JediTricks
10-30-2006, 03:59 PM
That about sums it up JT.
Still, free is better than not. :D Watch your electrical bill though, those thing use a lot of power, they're high-wattage.