PDA

View Full Version : New Battlepacks Announced

mtriv73
10-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Capture of Tantive Battle Pack, Jedi Training on Dagobah Battle Pack, Battle of Geonosis Battle Pack are all up for presale at an e-tailer who doesn't advertise here (so I won't send them any business.) They don't list what figures are in it (I'm pretty sure the Dagobah one will have a Luke and a Yoda though) or have any pictures up but they are there.

El Chuxter
10-02-2006, 08:19 PM
Dagobah Battle Pack???

1: Yoda
2: Luke
3: R2-D2
4-5: ???

Would they throw in Boba Fett, maybe, as an homage to the Galaxy of Fear series? Or, more likely, a repack of the Dagobah Vader?

Weird choice.

pegger
10-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Yoda, Luke, R2, Ghost Vader and Ghost Ben....

can't see it being anything else...

Kidhuman
10-03-2006, 06:18 AM
PM me the e-tailer Mtriv, I wanna check em out. &

mtriv73
10-03-2006, 08:33 AM
PM me the e-tailer Mtriv, I wanna check em out. &

Done, but name, price, and an arrival date of dec 06 is all they have.

El Chuxter
10-03-2006, 08:36 AM
December 06? Hasn't Hasbro already announced everything for the rest of 2006? It's possible that these could be the first round of 2007 figures, which will probably hit shelves in late December, but I'll wait for confirmation.

Jargo
10-03-2006, 12:10 PM
My guess for Capture of the Tantive IV: Vader, Antilles, R2, 3PO, Leia. or instead of the droids a Stormtrooper and Rebel fleet trooper.

Be cool if they also put out that sassy Imperial officer who isn't scared to argue with Vader. Could do with some proper black uniformed officers. And if the rumour is right that we're getting a Death Star trooper they'd only need a different head and the figure is a done deal. sorted. oh ok they'd need to change the hands too so it'd be a kitbash, but easy enough to acheive though.

Slicker
10-03-2006, 12:19 PM
The Dagobah one caught me off guard as well but the figures pegger listed sound about right.

The Tantive one sounds promising too. I'm liking all of this OT stuff coming out!!:thumbsup:

pegger
10-03-2006, 01:37 PM
I usually only get these if there are new figs in them...

But I MAY get the dagobah one if the box is done nice, and has the figures I listed above. It's essentially the whole planet in a nice little box!

Tantive 4 is intruiging too. I think it's more likely your 2nd pick, Daddypants...Haven't had a stormtrooper out in a while. ((BTW - what do you mean some proper black uniformed imperial officers? The POTJ ones were awesome!)

I would LOVE it if they made the ballsy Imperial officer! Also U-3P0 - but there is NO way he'll be in the mix.

Geonosis - I'll wait to see what's in this one. Probably Obi Wan, Anakin, Padme, Clone and Geonosian...or Jango instead of Padme. *yawn*

A nice suprise would be a Barriss, or some other background Jedi character! and the Geonosian cannon!!!

Slicker
10-03-2006, 01:53 PM
Geonosis - I'll wait to see what's in this one. Probably Obi Wan, Anakin, Padme, Clone and Geonosian...or Jango instead of Padme. *yawn*

I would have to assume that Jango would be in it. They never pass up a chance to throw a Fett into a set.:rolleyes:

kool-aid killer
10-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Hmmm, when left to my imagination the Geonosis one could be really appealing, if they released two to three generic Jedi (though i would like one as Bultar Swan) a battle droid or Geonosian warrior (maybe both, depending on the amount of Jedi in the set) and the cannon like Pegger said. But im expecting it to have at least three of the following figures: Padme, Obi Wan, Anakin, Darth Tyranus, Jango Fett and/or Mace Windu. Hopefully Hasbro surprises us and drops in an obscure Jedi, ala the Nikto guy who was released in the Jedi Warriors battle pack a couple of years ago. I really cant say whether i will get it or not, seeing as how we dont know whats in it.

Dagobah seems like it will be pretty much straightforward: Yoda, Luke, R2, Spirit Obi, and Darth Vader. There isnt anybody or thing else they could toss in, aside from the little monster theyve got in the X-wing that is currently out in our local TRUs. Easy pass for me.

Tantive 4 could be good, or bad. Im hoping that the inclusion (or at least i believe he will be) of Vader in the Dagobah one would keep Hasbro from putting him in two of the three they are releasing together. Assuming so, this one could have any of the following: Leia, R2, C3PO, Stormtrooper, Rebel Trooper, Antilles, or an Imperial Officer. Im thinking the first four are a done deal, leaving one spot for another figure. This one doesnt sound too good, so right now its not something i think i will buy.

pegger
10-03-2006, 02:06 PM
bad. Im hoping that the inclusion (or at least i believe he will be) of Vader in the Dagobah one would keep Hasbro from putting him in two of the three they are releasing together.

Because Hasbro would never release Vader 4 times in the same year?

kool-aid killer
10-03-2006, 02:08 PM
I know they tossed him into a couple of waves this year consecutively, but i would hope they wouldnt do that to battlepacks that ship at the same time of the year, as opposed to waves that theoretically shouldnt be on the pegs at the same time.

Jargo
10-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Tantive 4 is intruiging too. I think it's more likely your 2nd pick, Daddypants...Haven't had a stormtrooper out in a while. ((BTW - what do you mean some proper black uniformed imperial officers? The POTJ ones were awesome!)
Well the POTJ version is wearing a jumpsuit. so he's really not that high ranking. If you watch the start of ANH you'll note the the Imperial Officers wear a standard tunic and pants uniform, same as the death star trooper. only difference is lack of DST's gloves and different headgear, also chest rank insignia and probably the silver code cylinders. can't recall if DST's have the cylinders.
So while the POTJ version of the officer was indeed cool, he's really not suitable and if I remember correctly is more an out of armour Stormtrooper sort of rank.
Sooooooo, with several grey uniformed officers already made and a possible DST on the way, it should be simple to knock together a black tunic officer and do a head variant thing to make it even more viable. :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-03-2006, 06:37 PM
A Hasbro rep announced these at some French show or something a few weeks ago.

If Hasbro were smart, they'd put out a pack of all stormtroopers and Rebel Troopers for Tantive IV, and a pack of all clones and droids for Geonosis, but we all know that's not going to happen. These are definitely a wait-and-see group of items.