PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Online

Dar' Argol
10-02-2006, 09:19 PM
Alright, I know a good many people here have PS2's, and I know some of you play online with it. I've been looking at a few games that hve online play, and I'd really like to hook up with some good people to play with. So what I am looking for is who plays their PS2 online and what games.

Currently I have SW Battlefront 1&2, Burnout 3&4, Socom . . .I thinks that's all I have . . .

JediTricks
10-04-2006, 01:53 PM
It dawned on me only 2 days ago that I have a PS2 and DSL now at the same time, I could be taking it online. Apparently my Slimline PS2 even has the Network Adapter built into it. I also only have a few online games - SWBF1 & 2 is all I can think of now, but that's good enough - and want to hear more about the onlinening.

Dar' Argol
10-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Yeah the slm PS2 has the network adapter built in, so if you have a Slim PS2 and broadband, you can get online . . .

Battlefront is awesome online if you can play with a good group of people. I've played a few great games . . but more then not there are idiots laying and cheating. Its why I have not gotten Socom 3 yet, I want to find 3 other eople who are interested in playing it the way it should be.

JediTricks
10-06-2006, 03:36 PM
I guess I should read the instruction manual on that, check out how online is.

I don't get why people want to cheat online, it just makes them that much more a loser.

Dar' Argol
10-08-2006, 09:28 PM
I agree. I don't understand why they feel the need to cheat on a gme, not play it the way it shuld be. That kinda takes the fun ou of i in my opinion. But whatever.

As far as setting up your modem I think if you stick in BF and go to mulitpalyer it will tell you there is no network connetion there. I think you can set it up through the game . . . maybe . . . .

CaptainSolo1138
10-20-2006, 07:14 PM
Certain online games are TONS of fun (the NHL franchise, SOCOM 2 and 3), but BFs 1 and 2 don't fall into that catagory. It's just a big melee with no real goals outside of what's already available in the single-player game. Basically, you're doing the same thing with smarter "AI". It's worth a shot, just don't get your hopes up.

jjreason
11-01-2006, 09:26 PM
I had a lot of fun playing Metal Gear Solid 3 online - but it was so much work for me to hook it up.... I never went back. Now that I'm into my new house, I think I'm going to try to run my PS2 wired, and my PC wireless so that I don't have to move the modem around.