PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Rumormill

jedi master sal
10-03-2006, 02:32 AM
According to www.sithclan.net ( a french SW site) the following is a list of hasbro stuff to come in 2007 (first figures, then ships):
Here's the specific page:
http://www.sithclan.net/SC4/accueil/index.php?template=black_html&id=10216

Wave #1
- Darth Vader (w/ Coin Album)
- Galactic Marine
- Mace Windu
- R2-D2
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Mustafarian Lava Miner
- Airborne Trooper
- Concept Stormtrooper
- Super Battle Droid

Wave #2
- M'Ylloom (Cantina Alien)
- Elis Helrot (Cantina Alien)
- Darth Vader
- Biggs Darklighter in Academy Outfit
- Luke Skywalker
- Jawa/Droid 2-Pack
- EU Chewbacca (McQuarrie Design)
- EU Stormtrooper (McQuarrie design)
- EU Boba Fett (Johnston Design)

Wave #3
- Hermie Odle
- Oola w/Chain
- Umpass-Stay w/ Gong
- C-3PO
- Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight
- A-Wing Pilot
- Holiday Special Boba Fett

Wave #4
- Mace Windu
- Anakin Skywalker
- Clone Trooper
- Padmé
- General Grievous (pre-movie era)
- Yuuzhan Vong

Wave #5
- Rebel Sentry (w/ Yavin IV crow nest)
- Luke Skywalker (Ceremonial)
- Han Solo (Ceremonial)
- Death Star Trooper
- X-Wing Pilot

AND NOW THE SHIPS:
- Sith Infiltrator
- V-Wing Fighter
- Jedi Starfighter de Saesee Tiin
- ARC-170 with 4 figures (One of which is an Astromech droid)
- ARC-170 version Clone Wars (comme la version Transformers?)

Also, here are the Vintage style figures on tap for next year:
- Leia Endor
- Luke Bespin
- Snowtrooper
- Han Solo (Bespin or Hoth not sure which one yet)
- Bossk
- IG-88 (replaces Jawa)

now none of this has been officially confirmed, but I got a list from these guys last year and IIRC, they were spot on.

So it's probably a safe bet we are getting everything you read here in this list.

Feel free to post in this thread but you MUST have your source of info in this thread to back up your claim. The web address (source) must be present in you post or your post gets deleted. Sources will be checked and if the info isn't traceable your post gets deleted.

No need to start rumors with stuff you might have just thought up. Showing a source not only helps us all, but also helps you in not getting called out for just making stuff up.

Thanks and let the rumors (with sources for such) begin.
-Sal

decadentdave
10-03-2006, 03:56 AM
What's the difference between the Concept Stormtrooper in Wave 1 and the EU McQuarrie Design Stormtrooper in Wave 2? Shouldn't these be the same?

jedi master sal
10-03-2006, 08:17 AM
They are probably the same thing. Just one wasn't omitted from the list. But that's just a guess.

El Chuxter
10-03-2006, 09:33 AM
This can't be accurate, unfortunately. Hasbro confirmed at Comic-Con that there'd be one concept figure per wave, so one in the first wave, three in the second, and no more? Completely contrary to what they said.

I don't have a URL, but I was at the Q&A, so I know for certain that's what they said.

And from the 9/1/06 Q&A at actionfigs.com (http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=162):

Recently, you said some of the figure rumor lists are inaccurate. Will you debunk one of those rumored-to-be-coming-soon figures that Hasbro actually does *not* plan to release in any format in the next 18 months (any figure rumor of your choice)?

We were referring to the "leaked" line lists that were circulated a couple months back. These were essentially a very early "wish list" line ist that was not finalized by us and Lucasfilm. As a result, the Yuuzhon Vhong figure is on there which a lot of collectors were excited about. We won't be doing this one next year, unfortunately, but it's high on our "future" wish list.

dindae
10-03-2006, 10:47 AM
This looks like the old rebelscum list with the Yavin wave tacked on to it. There is nothing on this list that I haven't seen from another source so while that lends to its accuracy Hasbro also said the old list only had nuggets of truth. Wave 2 seems to heavy on concept/background characters to be believable to me. But we'll see soon enough. I wonder if the coin album is going to have just numbers or figure names on it. If it is names we will get a list relatively soon which would be cool.

Jargo
10-03-2006, 12:58 PM
Am I the only one who gets a giggle out of reading 'Darth Vader with coin album'? Like the baddest villain in the galaxy has a coin collecting hobby. lol It's silly but it creases me up.

decadentdave
10-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Daddy is the breadwinner.

TheDarthVader
10-03-2006, 03:16 PM
Hey Jargo...errrr...Daddypants...yeah it gets me everytime. :D

decadentdave
10-03-2006, 04:45 PM
I was referring to the hilarious Vader Sessions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A0rwG39Jzk

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-03-2006, 07:15 PM
If they rerelease the ARC-170, that'll be great as I missed out on it last year. A Gunship-esque paintjob would be cool as well but I'd prefer a straight repack at first (with the four figures, of course).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-03-2006, 07:55 PM
Sorry for the double post, but this comes in from JediDefender (http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1159862122,81123,):

087-06-0835 - Ambush On Ilum Battlepack - Price $19.99
087-06-1070 - Felucia Battlepack - Price $19.99
087-06-0884 - Order 66 2-pack - Price $12.99
087-06-0886 - Vader w/Coinfolder - Price $0.00 (N/A yet)

Cool, the Ilum pack is coming. Hopefully the Felucia pack won't have Aayla but you know it will; it would be nice to get more Evolutions troopers. Dunno what the Order 66 packs could be, but they're probably just the Jedi with clones, which have all already been done so I don't see a point. And well, we already know about Vader with the album.

Tycho
10-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Feel free to post in this thread but you MUST have your source of info in this thread to back up your claim. The web address (source) must be present in you post or your post gets deleted. Sources will be checked and if the info isn't traceable your post gets deleted.

No need to start rumors with stuff you might have just thought up. Showing a source not only helps us all, but also helps you in not getting called out for just making stuff up.

Thanks and let the rumors (with sources for such) begin.

Yes, but Tom Cruise said we're not yet ready to reveal where the Mouse Droid 5-pack is coming from, so I can't cite my source or they won't let me on the spaceship! :crazed:

Please Sal. Please make an exception for me. I want everyone here to share in the joy of the Mouse Droid Conference Set battle pack!

Anyway, I'll have some fun with this list - but I don't really think it's true. Still, just in case:

Wave #1
- Darth Vader (w/ Coin Album)
I'll buy 4 Galactic Marine
- Mace Windu
I'll buy 1 R2-D2
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
I'll buy 2 Mustafarian Lava Miner
I'll buy 2 Airborne Trooper
- Concept Stormtrooper
I'll buy 2 Super Battle Droid

Wave #2
I'll buy 1 M'Ylloom (Cantina Alien)
I'll buy 3 Elis Helrot (Cantina Alien)
- Darth Vader
I'll buy 1 Biggs Darklighter in Academy Outfit
I may buy - it depends on the droid Jawa/Droid 2-Pack
- EU Chewbacca (McQuarrie Design)
- EU Stormtrooper (McQuarrie design)
- EU Boba Fett (Johnston Design)

Wave #3
I'll buy 2 Hermie Odle
- Oola w/Chain
I'll buy 1 Umpass-Stay w/ Gong
- C-3PO
- A-Wing Pilot
- Holiday Special Boba Fett

Wave #4
- Mace Windu
- Anakin Skywalker
Depends on the clone Clone Trooper - I really think I'm about done with these. I'll take Cmdr. Neyo though.
I'm buying if this is a never-made-before Padmé - may even get several
I'd buy approximately 12 if true Yuuzhan Vong

Wave #5
- Luke Skywalker (Ceremonial)
- Han Solo (Ceremonial)
I'd buy 5 Death Star Trooper
- X-Wing Pilot

AND NOW THE SHIPS:
I'd buy 1 Sith Infiltrator
I'd buy 2 V-Wing Fighter
- Jedi Starfighter de Saesee Tiin

Also, here are the Vintage style figures on tap for next year:
I'll buy 1 Leia Endor
- Luke Bespin
- Snowtrooper
- Han Solo (Bespin or Hoth not sure which one yet)
- Bossk
- IG-88 (replaces Jawa)

Anything I did't comment on in bold, I'm not going to be buying.

now none of this has been officially confirmed, but I got a list from these guys last year and IIRC, they were spot on.

So it's probably a safe bet we are getting everything you read here in this list.

I don't think so - yet.

jedi master sal
10-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Hmm, 087-06-0884 - Order 66 2-pack - Price $12.99???

Make a bet it's a Jedi and the Clone who kills him.

Examples:
Ki-Adi Mundi/Bacara
Aayla/Bly (but that's probably in the felucia set)
Clone Pilot (forget his name)/Plo Koon
Zett Jukasa/Commander Appo
Gree/Yoda (even though Yoda takes care of business...)
Cody/Obi-wan (even though Obi escapes)
BORING! We already have all of those figures.

Hmm it could also be Palpatine (in correct robes, gulp... and Anakin as he's being turn fully into Vader (I mean still in Jedi robes, not the black suit).

Meh, just the propsect of an accurately robed Palpatine is the only one worth it too me. Wait and see I guess.

dindae
10-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Tycho just curious as to why you would pass on

A-Wing pilot
X-Wing pilot
Rebel Sentry (w/ Yavin IV crow nest)

These are interesting me
087-06-0835 - Ambush On Ilum Battlepack - Price $19.99 - I don't know if I would rather have these in cartoon sculpt or realistic but I'm sure it will include Padme which is all I care about.

087-06-1070 - Felucia Battlepack - Price $19.99 - Sure to have Aayla and her clone since I don't even recall seeing anyone else on the planet

087-06-0884 - Order 66 2-pack - Price $12.99 - I'm hoping it is 501st two pack, but it's likely one of the combos Sal mentioned

Tycho
10-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Tycho just curious as to why you would pass on

A-Wing pilot
X-Wing pilot
Rebel Sentry (w/ Yavin IV crow nest)

A while ago, I was setting up an Endor briefing scene on Home One (Mon Mothma, Ackbar, added Madine in 2004, etc.) I even had a friend with a heat gun melt a Han Endor's trench coat so he could be posed holding it over his arm (and I customized him so he had white sleeved arms again). Leia I customized using the MMC figure and the Hoth Leia head w.o. a helmet. To get pilots I wrote Hasbro, in my letter explained what I was doing and included a photo, and offered to buy a loose A-Wing Pilot from the A-wing vehicle set. They just sent me one for free from their spare parts stock. That was really cool. So that was all the A-wing pilots I need (I have 2 more that actually pilot A-wing vehicles I own).

I'm "wait and see" on the X-wing pilot. I customized some for Yavin Base fighter jockeys (2 to be precise) plus I have Dutch Vandor and Jek Porkins in addition to Luke, Biggs, and Wedge. My "sea of orange" is rather strong. I am only really looking to put in Red Leader (Garven Dreis) should they make him. My heads for the 2 custom fighter pilots are Dan Moreno from Starting Lineup (it's slightly large, but he's in the background anyway) and Matthew Broderick from Godzilla (looks pretty good actually - but he's with Moreno). They best resemble Tycho and Janson (Hobbie has really short hair). And I never paid much attention to which of the Hoth pilots were also veterans of Yavin - I'm not sure all of those 3 (Celchu, Janson, and Kilivian) were. I know they all fought at Hoth and Endor however.

For Endor, if the X-wing pilot is a black guy, I'll add him to diversify my ranks more movie-accurately. If not, I won't really want to crowd up my scene too badly. I'd prefer another Dresselian (Prune Face).

With the Rebel Sentry - I bought 8 Rebel Fleet Troopers (No Neck Joes) in 1997 for Yavin alone. I wanted this figure so bad ever since I was a kid and saw these guys fight in 1977, that in spite of the figure being a bit over-buff and neckless, I bought a lot and I intend to use them. They are nostalgic for almost a decade of new SW collecting anyway - and I don't "need" ANY SW figures, so I don't see why I should spend money on figures I already have in some form or another, versus young Owen and Beru, or an army of Yuuzhan Vongs - of which I have nothing like. Part of having some money (I know some of you completists and "updatists" will have to work at understanding this) - but part of having the money is knowing what is really of value to you and choosing to spend the cash there instead of running on automated spending increases like I'm a member of Congress. I'll have about $200 to get all 3 SideShow 12" Endor Rebel Soldiers and I won't really have new and improved Rebel Troopers - or a crow's nest to my Yavin Base - but I won't have mix-and-matched guys either.

This is why Hasbro doesn't hook me in with many new and improved Luke Skywalkers. I want about 50 more very specific figures - maybe more than that - and definitely multiples of certain ones - like the Saurins in Mos Eisley for example. That's what I'm holding out for / sticking around for.

I have thousands of figures I'm guessing, but I'm not a collector. I don't know if I explained myself well. We all just have our preferences, and I want to finish up what I'm doing eventually, and then get out of the toy stores.

I'll spend my time making awesome dioramas with the stuff I do own, and then hopefully posting pictures here - gotta move on in life and earn and buy a big house first. Then I can build my star destroyer for my action figures as well.

These are interesting me
087-06-0835 - Ambush On Ilum Battlepack - Price $19.99 - I don't know if I would rather have these in cartoon sculpt or realistic but I'm sure it will include Padme which is all I care about.

I may buy this.

087-06-1070 - Felucia Battlepack - Price $19.99 - Sure to have Aayla and her clone since I don't even recall seeing anyone else on the planet

I have Aayla and Bly for this scene. I will either want 3-4 of her single-carded Clones or I'll just use regular vanilla flavor. It's not that important of scene. I just want to suggest it, not necessary recreate it. But I'd buy the purple worm if they made that with a clone rider.

087-06-0884 - Order 66 2-pack - Price $12.99 - I'm hoping it is 501st two pack, but it's likely one of the combos Sal mentioned

I'll wait and see.

jedi master sal
10-04-2006, 12:18 PM

Ooh, good call, I didn't think of it being a two pack of clones. THAT would be excellent. Well, it WOULD have been 6 months ago... I have enough of the current clones out right now... (Yes, I said it, can you believe that!!!)

A two pack would be excellent though for Kashyyyk clones and Galactic Marines!

Hmm, even an Airborne trooper/Utapau clone 2 pack would be excellent.

dindae
10-04-2006, 02:34 PM
I don't know if I explained myself well.

Yeah I figured it was along those lines. I know you well enough to know that updates to a figure you already have do not justify a buy, but I thought these had the potential to be unique figures so I was curious. I never bought more than one to open of older figures mainly because I was a poor college student, so I have a lot of room to grow with my armies and just buy a few of each release now to get some diversity.

Ooh, good call, I didn't think of it being a two pack of clones. THAT would be excellent. Well, it WOULD have been 6 months ago... I have enough of the current clones out right now... (Yes, I said it, can you believe that!!!)

A two pack would be excellent though for Kashyyyk clones and Galactic Marines!

Hmm, even an Airborne trooper/Utapau clone 2 pack would be excellent.

Yeah any clone two pack would be good. I was thinking the 501st mainly because they were the force that took out the jedi temple and the others only took out one or two. Hopefully if they do this it will be the #41 mold finally and I will pick up a few. I have been tempted to pick up extras lately since I see them on the pegs but I figure Hasbro will eventually release this figure the way I want it so I'm willing to be patient.

Jargo
10-07-2006, 10:27 PM
well out of that list I'd only be interested in:

- M'Ylloom (Cantina Alien) *Correct name M'iiyoom Onith*
- Elis Helrot (Cantina Alien)
- Jawa/Droid 2-Pack
- Hermie Odle
- Oola w/Chain *w/ chain is such a lame selling point*
- Umpass-Stay w/ Gong *actually called a Drumheller harp*
- Death Star Trooper
Possibly some vehicles too if they're speeders. and we know there's gonna be at least one or two Ewoks in 2007 so I'll get those too.

Doesn't look like a lot really but I'm also gonna be buying older figures for customising or to replace even older versions.

Phantom-like Menace
10-09-2006, 12:24 AM
From this list, these are the figures I'm remotely interested in.

- Galactic Marine
- Airborne Trooper
- Jawa/Droid 2-Pack
- A-Wing Pilot
- Clone Trooper
- X-Wing Pilot

Mostly I just want the clones.

And as far as vehicles go:

- V-Wing Fighter

The V-wing is cool enough that I would want to grab one. I'm kind of annoyed by the ARC-170s, because if that second one is painted like the exclusive TRU gunship from the cartoon, I must have it, but I'm trying to get all of the astromechs, so if the first one has a unique astromech, I have to get it. Add those to the ARC-170 I already have, and I'm really not too happy with the concept of purchasing three of them. Oh well. I would have wanted the Infiltrator, but Hasbro is fouling that up mercilessly.

As far as the vintage figures go, I'll want the snowtrooper pretty badly, and I may be up for a new Han Bespin if they don't give him softgoods like I'm sure they are going to.

DarkArtist
10-10-2006, 09:05 PM
[QUOTE=Tycho;504079 To get pilots I wrote Hasbro, in my letter explained what I was doing and included a photo, and offered to buy a loose A-Wing Pilot from the A-wing vehicle set. They just sent me one for free from their spare parts stock. That was really cool.[/QUOTE]

Wow I wish I had that luck. Awhile back my cousin lost his red leader action figure at the shore and I wrote to Hasbro to see if they could just send a replacement figure. They said sorry buy a new red leader x-wing and glue the pilot into the seat. After finally searching ebay for two months I was able to get another one for $15 with shipping.

Tycho
10-10-2006, 09:55 PM
I can't believe Hasbro's customer service was so cruel and discourteous to one of their consumers! If they actually had no Red Leader figures to offer up, that's another thing though.

I'd write them again and include the receipt for the X-wing if it can be found. I know some people there might be suspicious of someone wanting an exclusive pack-in figure without buying the toy it ships with. I know that if I was deeply pensive about it, I might try and get more Gungan Warriors of the type that came with the FAO Exclusive Faamba - or maybe even Zev Senesca from the current Snowspeeder.

I don't really need either of those figures that much though.

DarkArtist
10-11-2006, 02:27 PM
I can't believe Hasbro's customer service was so cruel and discourteous to one of their consumers! If they actually had no Red Leader figures to offer up, that's another thing though.

I'd write them again and include the receipt for the X-wing if it can be found. I know some people there might be suspicious of someone wanting an exclusive pack-in figure without buying the toy it ships with.

I originally thought that was the case as well but since the toy was purchased as a gift when it first came out the receipt was lost. Oh well. It ****ed me off back then but I guess Hasbro does get alot of people asking for freebies.

Anyway a thought crossed my mind this morning since this is a rumor thread and all. I think that we will see the final line of Saga II figures recarded for either the greatest hits line in 07 or for the 30th line. Afterall Hasbro di this with the last wave of the Saga Line before switching over to the OTC wave.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-11-2006, 06:20 PM
I originally thought that was the case as well but since the toy was purchased as a gift when it first came out the receipt was lost. Oh well. It ****ed me off back then but I guess Hasbro does get alot of people asking for freebies.

Anyway a thought crossed my mind this morning since this is a rumor thread and all. I think that we will see the final line of Saga II figures recarded for either the greatest hits line in 07 or for the 30th line. Afterall Hasbro di this with the last wave of the Saga Line before switching over to the OTC wave.
Maybe, but I doubt it. Just because they did it for a three-figure wave two years ago doesn't mean they'll do it now. Also, they said that the final few waves of TSC will be shipping simultaneously with the first few waves of the 30th Anniversary Collection, so I really don't think finding them will be hard.

jedi master sal
10-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Another member posted about this in another thread, but I thought I'd go a little more deeper with info:

Wave 3 30th Anniversary Collection 2007
Set includes 1 each of the following figures with collectible coin:

MIIYOOM
ELIS HELROT
DARTH VADER
BIGGS
LUKE
JAWA DROID & LIN DROID
STORMTROOPER
CONCEPT CHEWBACCA

You can go here to see the pre-order. (I don't mean for you to actually pre-order. This is just a link to verify the rumor above):
http://www.r2dtoys.com/store/store.pl?action=search&category=-1&textsearch=30th&sub_category=-1&sub_category2=-1&id=2363

JON9000
10-12-2006, 05:26 PM
If I requested a new one everytime I lost something as a kid, weapons, figures and the like, I would have cost the toy companies more than I ever spent with them. I feel your pain on Red Leader, but I completely understand why Hasbro acted as they did.

bigbarada
10-15-2006, 04:16 PM
Some cool stuff on that list that I hope is really going to be made:

A-Wing Pilot :thumbsup: (as long as it is a complete head-to-toe resculpt and not just a repack)
Hermi Odle
Umpass Stay
Vintage-style Bossk :thumbsup:

My biggest question is..... why do I not see a single Ewok? :confused: Weren't we supposed to be getting more of them next year?

decadentdave
10-15-2006, 04:33 PM
My biggest question is..... why do I not see a single Ewok? :confused: Weren't we supposed to be getting more of them next year?

Is that an Entertainment Earth exclusive (Astromech Multipacks) I smell? Hmmm...

Jargo
10-15-2006, 04:43 PM
There's stil the last quarter to reveal. It or they may be an exclusive to try and help sell them. they or it may be part of a multi-pack not yet revealed. They or it may be a part of the vehicles line up not yet revealed. as in a re-release of Paploo and speeder bike with scout tropper and speeder bike thus fitting into the $20 pricepoint. supposition only of course but with the current leaning towards repacks it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was something like that. Just a bit lame.

bigbarada
10-16-2006, 01:59 AM
If they are going to make new Ewok figures then I would prefer they make them the same way they made Chief Chirpa: individually carded, correctly scaled and completely new sculpts.

Hasbro has a terrible record with pack-ins and multi-packs. I want completely new versions of Wicket, Logray, Paploo and Teebo; not kit-bashed figures or repaints.

If they individually card them, then Hasbro has to go the extra mile in order to make them worth full figure price (like they did with Chirpa). Pack-ins and multi-packs usually mean lower quality figures.

Tycho
10-16-2006, 03:02 AM
I'm not positive about their scale, but Logray and Teebo were great figures.

Wicket was too large for what he was.

I agree that Paploo begs for a rescupt.

Chief Chirpa's perfect.

I'd rather see Romba, Warok, and Lumat before anything else though. I don't really think I'm in the market for a resculpted Wicket even.

Then I'd like to see Keolkeech and a Mamma with Wokling.

BTW: Herme Odle and others from Jabba's band etc. are not on the most recent rumor-lists. So while I really want these, I don't have my hopes up.

dindae
10-16-2006, 09:01 AM
BTW: Herme Odle and others from Jabba's band etc. are not on the most recent rumor-lists. So while I really want these, I don't have my hopes up.

That whole wave is missing so I don't think that means much. So far the original list from way back is dead on so I'd would put my money on him.

Kidhuman
10-16-2006, 09:44 AM
If they are going to make new Ewok figures then I would prefer they make them the same way they made Chief Chirpa: individually carded, correctly scaled and completely new sculpts.

I wouldnt mind new Ewoks done the same way, but they have to multipack them. Chirpa seemed a rip off for 7 bucks. A two pack would be great for them, especially with a proper scaled Wicket. If the do it with Jawa(droids) then why not the 'Woks?

Rogue II
10-16-2006, 02:07 PM
I wouldnt mind new Ewoks done the same way, but they have to multipack them. Chirpa seemed a rip off for 7 bucks. A two pack would be great for them, especially with a proper scaled Wicket. If the do it with Jawa(droids) then why not the 'Woks?

I didn't feel ripped off with Chirpa until I heard about the Pod Racers. For all I care, they can just repaint an existing Ewok and call it "Ewok Warrior" as long as he can hold up C-3PO's throne.

Tycho
10-16-2006, 04:43 PM
I don't know why people feel ripped off if it's not a full-sized figure.

The molds required for a good Ewok now include:

2 arms
1 head
2 legs
2 torso secions (if he turns at the waist)
2 hands (for wrist articulation)
2 forearms (possibly, depending upon articulation)
Accessories including the hood, weapon(s) and whatever else - possibly painted

That's 12 parts minimal as the typical Ewok would go, nowadays.

I haven't opened Dud Bolt or Mars Guo, but I suspect they are each composed of 6 or so parts, and whatever accessories they use. Times 2, that's also 12 parts or so between the both of them - though more complicated painting is required.

What the heck are you getting ripped off for? You're not. It's perceived value I guess because the cardback is so much bigger than an Ewok - plus Hasbro first offered the 'Woks in a 2-pack that started this.

Now take Ephant Mon - by far the largest single-carded figure:

2 arms
2 legs
1 head
1 torso
1 jaw / mouth
1 tail
2-part weapon / accessory

- about 10 parts, maybe more. He might be large, but I bet the molds cost the same as for an Ewok. Mon upped the shipping weight of that case assortment, that's all. (But Teemto Pagalles might've lightened it, too)

But realistically people, if they ever card a Mouse Droid, it should at least be a 5-pack by those standards.

Phantom-like Menace
10-18-2006, 12:48 AM
But realistically people, if they ever card a Mouse Droid, it should at least be a 5-pack by those standards.

Sure, but if they make them scented, they might consider that a selling point that offsets the need to have more than one.

Tycho
10-18-2006, 01:15 AM
Sure, but if they make them scented, they might consider that a selling point that offsets the need to have more than one.

Oh wow! Hehehe. My eyes lit up and I started drooling when I read your comment. Gosh I need help!

:crazed:

jjreason
10-29-2006, 10:31 AM
In Hasbro's Q&A answers from last week they stated that Chirpa reduced the "cost average" for that wave (someone had asked why we hadn't gotten more in that package), which is at odds with Tycho's theory. I'm so happy with Chief Chirpa though, that more single-carded Ewoks of that quality would be completely fine with me.

Anyone have an idea as to whenabouts we might see pictures of some of the later waves? I'm getting antsy.

Darth Cruel
10-29-2006, 11:12 AM
And R2-D2 must also be a cost average reducer. And C-3PO and all of the other droids as well. It is not like those cost a bunch to make.

Tycho
10-29-2006, 11:40 AM
I'm asking this innocently:

In Hasbro's Q&A answers from last week they stated that Chirpa reduced the "cost average" for that wave (someone had asked why we hadn't gotten more in that package), which is at odds with Tycho's theory.

What was my theory again? I come up with some many of them, that I sometimes lose track. And then, how is this at odds with said theory?

I'm so happy with Chief Chirpa though, that more single-carded Ewoks of that quality would be completely fine with me.

I agree.

Anyone have an idea as to whenabouts we might see pictures of some of the later waves? I'm getting antsy.

I want to see Biggs in Academy Uniform and the cantina aliens if it's all true!

jjreason
10-29-2006, 12:45 PM
Sorry Tycho, I wasn't trying to "pin anything on you". :p

The way I read your post about the number of pieces required to make Chief Chirpa, and the cost of creating the little molds to do so, I understood you to be stating that the cost of producing CC was similar to that of producing Ephant Mon (fewer parts thus fewer molds - but more plastic), but that Ephant Mon would have raised costs due to the added weight of the cases with him in them. Wasn't that it? It sounded good, and I certainly would have believed the same thing.... but Hasbro said he was a cost reducer (and one can only speculate that the reduced cost of shipping the lower weight of that case might be part of the savings).

I would have thought the cost of painting the CC figures would have raised his value up some - that's an AWESOME paint job, one of my favorites ever.

Tycho
10-29-2006, 01:00 PM
Yeah, JJReason, I don't know which it is. Could be a good question for Hasbro's Q&A.

Chief Chirpa's shipping weight versus Ephant Mon's plastic resin use, versus tooling costs for articulated parts.

Droid
10-29-2006, 01:01 PM
I think it was December last year before we saw pictures of the Hoth wave, so it may be a bit before we see pictures of future waves.

EDIT: Actually I checked old threads and we had pictures of the Hoth wave on Entertainment Earth by October of last year, so ya, where are the pictures of other 2007 waves?