PDA

View Full Version : What Could Be The Pack In???

GNT
08-16-2001, 01:26 AM
What could be the pack-in that will come with the AOTC figures???

I'd like to either see SW pins or Coins come with the figures :)

Thoughts and opinions?

Darth Cruel
08-16-2001, 02:03 AM
I dislike the pack-ins as much as I dislike the ever-changing cards. If they HAVE to pack something in...I would prefer some sort of extra accessory. And I don't mean the stupid comtech chips although a stand might be ok. I would, however, prefer something that increases the figure's playability.

Rollo Tomassi
08-16-2001, 02:22 AM
I would definitely love a coin or something similar, but since I doubt Hasbro would ever go that far, a simple stand would be cool. Maybe spruce it up with the SW logo . . .

hairless chewie
08-16-2001, 04:56 AM
Definitely some kind of figure stand, especially for that bigbheaded Snaggeltooth.

JEDIpartner
08-16-2001, 09:27 AM
A stand for sure... maybe one with a holographic sticker of the character! Or a holographic sticker designating what movie they made their appearance in!

the master jedi
08-16-2001, 02:09 PM
I don't really care about pack-ins but if I had to choose I would choose stands.

jedi master sal
08-16-2001, 03:53 PM
Most definitely the stands. I have well over 500 figs and no stands (i jut can't see myself paying more than 5 cents a stand and most want anywhere from .17-.25 a stand.

I hear the Stands are a distant race to the Gand.
Is that true?

12inch Lando
08-16-2001, 06:07 PM
Stands, stands and more stands. That's all I want.

GNT
08-17-2001, 02:42 AM
To check out the old version of this thread at the old SSG Forums just click here (http://209.197.112.151/thread.html?dom=ss&TID=18&PID=1382)

evenflow
08-17-2001, 08:18 AM
Some form a stand for the figure. If not, just more accessories.

bigbarada
08-17-2001, 09:52 PM
I'd have to agree with everyone on stands, I'm tired of narcoleptic action figures.;)

GNT
08-17-2001, 11:03 PM
How about Commtech Chips/stands but with better voices and all ?

Eternal Padawan
08-18-2001, 02:12 AM
No.

Stands. And pants. Like Ketwol's...:)

bigbarada
08-18-2001, 05:31 PM
I've said it before, I'll say it again...candy bars and bubble gum!!!

:D :D :D

Jargo
08-18-2001, 05:52 PM
Some of the accessories they should all be coming with. Commlink communicators, guns, saber hilts, goggles, backpacks, cloaks, hats and helmets, cargo cases, hyperdrive repair tools, millenium falcon repair tools, small droids... ANYTHING that a figure can wear or hold or that is useful in display dioramas and most... MOST importantly - play.

GNT
08-19-2001, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I've said it before, I'll say it again...candy bars and bubble gum!!!

:D :D :D

The Bubble Gum would rot and Carded collecters would be forced to open there figures!

Jedi Clint
08-20-2001, 01:04 AM
Stands!!!!!!!

BenQuad
08-20-2001, 09:03 AM
Stands every time........ not those comm-thingy ones (although they weren't too bad), just something simple that actually works - and doesn't add too much to the purchase price.

Jedi Clint
08-20-2001, 04:09 PM
It would be a nice touch if the stands were tailored to the stance/balance and personality of the character. For example if we are talking about the Uncle Owen action figure, then perhaps he can come with a chunk of desert or a piece of the floor of the Lars homestead garage, etc. If the action figure's stance is similar to that of the Jedi Luke that came in the final Jedi Duel 3 pack, then give the thing a wider base. It might even be nice to have 2 pegs on the stand so that each foot is anchored to it.

BenQuad
08-20-2001, 08:01 PM
JC I know what your saying but, something nice and simple like a clear plastic stand (1 peg or whatever) would really keep me happy. It'd probably be cheaper to produce than those force-file thingys, and would actually have a use.

JediCole
08-22-2001, 11:08 AM
Given a preference, NO PACK-INS! I see no real purpose in the pack-ins other than to perpetuate an unfortunate theme that began with the "Freeze-Frame" slides. There was a time when there were no pack-ins at all and Star Wars was one of the leading brands every month of the year.
Absent that choice, I agree with the concensus view that a worthwhile pack-in like a stand would be ideal. Something along the lines of what the Fan Club sends with their figures these days, a two-peg stand. If character association is a must, have a clear, two-peg stand with a cardboard insert on the underside that has an image of the character that can be seen through the stand.

Queen Katharine Leah
08-26-2001, 10:53 PM
Sleeping bags. My 500 plus figures get cold at night, and I think it would be right if I had sleeping bas to put each individual figure in. Think galactic slumber party. Anakin and Padme would have a place to get busy...

How about the power bars that Luke was chewing on in ESB? My figures get hungry, don't yours? At least we got blue milk with Beru.

Money would be even better. Republic credits would do.

bigbarada
08-26-2001, 11:05 PM
POGS!!!!

Umm.......okay, I'll just be leaving now.

GNT
08-27-2001, 03:03 AM
POGS!!!!

Umm.......okay, I'll just be leaving now.

Or Tazo's since they are more collectable and they have made Star Wars Tazo's before!

Or Star Wars pins :)

Mandalorian Candidat
08-27-2001, 04:51 PM
Since retailers will probably not lower their price if EP2 stuff ships w/o a pack-in, I vote for commtech chips. I say bring 'em back! Yeah, some of them sucked hard and there were many with made up lines, but who doesn't like something that sounds just like the driveup speaker at your local McD's

They were perfect! Not only did they have the cheesy TPM lines but also doubled as a figure stand.

If not CTs or stands then how about going back to Freeze Frames. I would just love to pay over $100 for a short packed FF Coruscant nightclub lap-dancer!

BenQuad
08-27-2001, 05:00 PM
They were perfect! Not only did they have the cheesy TPM lines but also doubled as a figure stand.

But MC... commtech lines, or not, they were figure stands - sadly something a lot of figures need, though if they were designed properly in the first place, they might be able to stand up on their own two feet (or tentacles or whatever). ;)

GNT
09-10-2001, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
If not CTs or stands then how about going back to Freeze Frames. I would just love to pay over $100 for a short packed FF Coruscant nightclub lap-dancer!

Why pay that when you could get the real thing :rolleyes: :D :) :p

bigbarada
09-13-2001, 10:41 PM
Maybe they should have pegwarmer Ep1 figures as pack-ins. Hey, Hasbro's gotta get rid of them somehow right?

GNT
09-14-2001, 04:04 AM
Maybe they should have pegwarmer Ep1 figures as pack-ins. Hey, Hasbro's gotta get rid of them somehow right?

True,they could mark them as two packs and sell them at 1 x 2pack - US$12.99 each :)

Lobito
09-20-2001, 04:00 PM
I would like it if they dont change the force files, IMO its the better pack in they have made.:cool:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-30-2006, 07:09 PM
I would hate it if they got rid of pack-ins and did something crazy like give the figures buttons on their backs for action features or something like that.

I'd like to see stands for the figures, as others here have said. Maybe stands that look like locales from the films? That would be nice. Or a stand that says "Star Wars" and can be connected to other ones? Howsabout stands with the movie's names on top, and the character's names on the front . . . I think I'd like those the best.

But not if they do something stupid like paint some of them silver; that'd suck.

El Chuxter
03-30-2006, 11:41 PM
I think miniature figurines of Slicker's mom in various poses and outfits, done like holograms, would be kewl.

2-1B
03-30-2006, 11:47 PM
This thread needs to be moved into the Rancor Pit.