PDA

View Full Version : Just in case you need it spelled out for you

El Chuxter
10-06-2006, 07:17 PM
The "Ewoks" tv-movies and cartoons were released on DVD last fall. Is there any chance of getting figures based on the Ewok movies and cartoons, especially Teek, Princess Kneesa (realistically-styled if possible), the Marauders, and the number of Ewoks who did not appear in ROTJ?

Though I am thrilled with the accuracy and detail (removable knife)
of the new Chief Chirpa figure, being a long-time ewok fan, I have a few questions. Why not make his lizard advisor toy? What do we do now with all our other larger ewok toys? Will they be re-made as smaller, more accurate figures? And last, what ewok plans are there for the 30th anniversary collection?

Given that Ewoks are well-known, somewhat popular (especially with kids), sell fairly well, and were a deciding factor in the final battle of the Star Wars saga, why have the Ewoks been so short-changed in the modern action figure line (8 figures, 3 of which were inaccurate Wicket repaints, in 11 years)? And, are there any plans to correct this in the future?

What are the chances of Hasbro releasing some new Ewoks, maybe in a multi-pack like the Entertainment Earth Astromech Droids (really nice!!) featuring various new Ewoks of different color, size, sex and age (Woklings!!)? Some nice extra accessories like their musical instruments or an Ewok hut would be cool, too.

We have heard for a long time that Hasbro has shied away from doing more than a few Ewoks since among Star Wars fans there has been much Ewok bashing due to their "cuteness" factor. I haven't counted recently, but I believe there are only about 5-7 different Ewoks ever made (not counting generic ewoks including the one with that globe thing several years ago and whoever came with the glider). I believe we also still have at least three vintage Ewoks (Warok, Lumat & Paploo) that have never been remade. I know I have read repeated requests/suggestions on various collector sites for a mother ewok & wokling and other prevoiusly non-sculpted ewoks. I say all this as background for 2 questions: 1). Is it true that Hasbro backs away from doing several different ewoks? [and if so, how have sales been for ewoks?] 2). Can we someday expect to see the previously mentioned vintage ewoks (including the freeze frame Wicket & Logray) figures resculpted?

The Star Wars collecting community, more or less as a whole, would really like some more Ewok figures.

Thank you.

Rogue II
10-06-2006, 07:40 PM
The Star Wars collecting community, more or less as a whole, would really like some more Ewok figures.

Thank you.

Yes more Ewoks and less Darth Vaders.

Kidhuman
10-06-2006, 08:12 PM
More Ewoks and Less rehashes I say.

Isobars&:beard:triceratops

pbarnard
10-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Yes more Ewoks and less Darth Vaders.

Well less craptacular Vaders...

Jargo
10-06-2006, 09:17 PM
Hasbro says they're planning on doing them. eventually.

I was just browsing though some ewok pics on my puter and thinking how cool it would be to get one generic ewok packed in with one well known one. two per blister pack.
Could also create a battle pack with a whole bunch of ewoks. throw in an ewok catapult or threepio Endor that was just out. or the ewok village spitroast.

they know they need to interest the kids again but it's unlikely they will with ewoks. Lucas should have changed the soundtrack to the whole endor sequence for the re-release on DVD and given the Ewoks more growl and snarl and changed the ditzy music to something more sinister. if the ewoks were presented as more of a threat then kids might like them more.
no kid is going to admit to liking fuzzy teddy bears that scamper round a forest looking cute. to a soundtrack that sounds like a chorus number is about to kick in.

And yes, Chirpa should have come with his/her iguana advisor. and future ewoks should come with rocks to throw (but no throwing action feature gimmick)and logs on ropes and sharp spears and bows and arrows and nasty stuff. and that animal carcass thing on a pole that Chewie munches on. and the village drum.

and when hasbro manages to engage the kid market again with figures of equal quality to the collector aimed ones, they can re-release the ewok village playset with improvements.

pbarnard
10-07-2006, 10:41 AM
Essentially, bring back the many accessories that are relevant to the figure?

Jargo
10-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Re-assessed character emphasis embracing current backstory shift to aggressive hunter/killer personae.
Maximised assortment potential fulfillment.
Fad gimmick free accuracy in detailing.
Contextual accesorising.
Optimised blister packaged contents.
Longevity securement in actuality.
Expansion potential in future environmental scenic display/play locked in.

Better?

pbarnard
10-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Re-assessed character emphasis embracing current backstory shift to aggressive hunter/killer personae.
Maximised assortment potential fulfillment.
Fad gimmick free accuracy in detailing.
Contextual accesorising.
Optimised blister packaged contents.
Longevity securement in actuality.
Expansion potential in future environmental scenic display/play locked in.

Better?

I'm on board with it. Every figure should have at least as many accessories as they got hands, and even then should get a cloak, hat and goggles.

Slicker
10-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Contrary to my first ever post I'd like to see more Ewoks being made...except for the a55 goblin Teek. His attitude sucks.

Jargo
10-09-2006, 11:10 AM
I think it'd be really funny if Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek got made but the sculpt was transparent and elongated like a superspeeding blip thing caught on freeze frame. only the merest hint of paint apps and no articulation. It would end up looking as bad as AOTC Watto's wings. like a figure with tracer images fading away at the back. I suppose if they really wanted to do a Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek they could do the figure and have the tracer speeding thing just attach to the back of him though.

Anyway a Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek figure would give you something to feed to your Rancor or Acklay. or that lovely Opee fish monster.........

Rogue II
10-09-2006, 12:13 PM
By now, you all know how I don't pay any attention to the prequel figures. Did I read correctly that those 2 new pod-racers come together and there is a 2 pack of Battledroids coming out later? I feel a bit ripped off now after buying Chief Chripa. Sure, it is a cool figure and all, but after seeing how these other figures come with so much more...and since Hasbro said they are working on larger accessories (curved cantina piece & moisture evaporator)...

To make it up, I'd like Hasbro to do the following:
1) Cram an Ewok Catapult in with the next Ewok basic figure.
2) resculpted Wicket with Tied-up R2.
3) Ewok with Han Solo hog tied over a BBQ pit.
4) Any remaining Ewoks shall come in a 2 pack. I don't care if they are the same mold with different pain and hats.

Bobby Fett
10-09-2006, 02:25 PM

Thank you.

No, we wouldn't. ;)