PDA

View Full Version : Lucas interview with MTV

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-10-2006, 06:32 PM
Right here. (http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1542612/story.jhtml) It's not ON TV per se but it's about TV, so good enough, eh?

Basically, he confirms that the Skywalkers won't be in the live-action show, nor will Han, Lando, or other main characters, but it WILL be characters from the films.

The animated series, he says, will have the main characters, though . . . I wonder if it follows the novels or comics?

Anyway, good to hear an "official" update.

Blue2th
10-10-2006, 06:51 PM
He's got a number of the Animated episodes already finished. Shopping them around to various networks. We might be seeing them soon then. That is good news.:thumbsup:

JON9000
10-10-2006, 07:07 PM
That pretty much confirms what I thought. Of course there's no Luke- he lived on a moisture farm that was a dull as vaporated dish water. It sounds pretty cool, though. I wonder if it will be serialized (battlestar), have an extremely loose continuity (trek) or be an anthology series. I need to hurry up and get an HD television!

2-1B
10-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Hopefully we'll get to catch up with Kitster and Jira.

Maybe even 2-1B and Dengar ?

Jargo
10-10-2006, 08:28 PM
"Fleeing from the Imperial tyranny, the last republic starship, Tantive IV, leads a rag-tag, fugitive fleet, on a lonely quest -- for a shining planet known as Lucashighinterestyielddepositbankaccount......"

pbarnard
10-10-2006, 08:54 PM
The animated series, he says, will have the main characters, though . . . I wonder if it follows the novels or comics?

Anyway, good to hear an "official" update.

If it's by the same crew as the Clone Wars crew, they won't despite being told they can take liberties with the plot lines. They'll probably try and take credit for creating a character called Talon Karrde or something like that.

El Chuxter
10-11-2006, 01:12 AM
It's not. Tartakovsky and Lucasfilm have both confirmed that it's 3D (boo!), filmed in-house at Lucasfilm's new animation studio, and Genndy won't be involved.

What bugs me is that, between the books, videogames, comics, first animated series, and now second animated series, Anakin and Obi-Wan (confirmed to be the stars) won't even have a chance to sneak away and use the john during the entire 3+ years of the Clone Wars. No wonder Anakin turned to the Dark Side.

2-1B
10-11-2006, 06:42 AM
Genndy won't be involved.

thank God for that ! ! ! :)

El Chuxter
10-11-2006, 09:27 AM
thank God for that ! ! ! :)

You prefer 3D CG to hand-drawn 2D?

Battle Droid
10-11-2006, 06:52 PM
What bugs me is that, between the books, videogames, comics, first animated series, and now second animated series, Anakin and Obi-Wan (confirmed to be the stars) won't even have a chance to sneak away and use the john during the entire 3+ years of the Clone Wars. No wonder Anakin turned to the Dark Side.

Maybe there are no bathrooms in the Star Wars Galaxy?

Jargo
10-11-2006, 07:51 PM
nope if you look at he worlds of star wars books you'll see there are clearly bathrooms and restrooms in there. even onboard ships. and failing that they can just go behind a tree like every normal peson when they're caught short out in the wilds of nowhere. or up an alley or behind a parked transport, or down a garbage chute.........

pbarnard
10-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Also, they could just go in their pants...excitement of battler, a near miss and what not...plus now that the garbage chute has been brought up...

What a wonderful smell they would discover. Plus if not the battle field, with the dead clones, who'd notice just one more person adding to the stink (intentionally)?

2-1B
10-11-2006, 10:30 PM
You prefer 3D CG to hand-drawn 2D?

I prefer my 7 year old nephew's and 3 year old niece's doodling to Genndy's "style." lol lol lol lol lol

Really though, I just didn't care much for the overall style of Clone Wars...Gen-Tart just isn't my cup of tea. (or shall I say cup of jawa juice? :grin: )