PDA

View Full Version : New Stormtrooper, Jawa w/ LIN Droid?

Battle Droid
10-12-2006, 02:50 PM
http://www.r2dtoys.com/store/store.pl?action=search&category=-1&textsearch=30th&sub_category=-1&sub_category2=-1&id=2363

It doesn't say Concept Stormtrooper, they list it in Wave 1.

They also have Jawa with LIN Droid.

jedi master sal
10-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Some okay choiced in there. Miyoom and Elis are not high on my priority list, but they'll be welcome additions to fill some spots in dioramas.

The new Jawa with LIN is cool. Concept Chewbacca will be odd to see.
I suspect we'll see this guy as the concept Chewie (open in new tab or window-or the current one will be shrunk to the size of this pic in the link):

http://www.starwars.com/meta/rd/expand/expand.html?world=databank&img=/databank/character/chewbacca/img/bts_bg.jpg&width=undefined&height=undefined&import=undefined

Kidhuman
10-12-2006, 03:12 PM
That says wave 3 and has a concept chewie. Looks like a tatooine wave.

Rogue II
10-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Makes you wonder if it is an all new Stormtrooper or a re-release of the Commtech or VOTC. Jawa w/ LIN droid and the cantina aliens are pretty cool.

Hasbro is really pumping out the Vader figures, aren't they? 2 in the 30th Anniversary tins, one carded with the coin holder, and 3 different carded versions on the shelves right now. If this Vader is a re-release of either the Evolutions or VOTC, I might pick it up since I don't have either version.

I'm skipping the concept figures, but I'll probably get the Biggs. Oh, and another Luke? I guess it makes since since it is the anniversary line.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-12-2006, 07:58 PM
This is pretty much like all the other lists we've seen, and the only new thing is that the Jawa may include the LIN droid (which would be totally sweet). Many of them will either be repacks or slightly different versions of old figures (like wave 1), but the new cantina guys will be great.

Snowtrooper
10-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Miyoom & Elis should be pretty neat. Any cantina alien, no matter how obscure, is always welcome.

I'm a little disappointed that CZ-3 wont be coming with the jawa as rumored. Is the LIN droid the black domed one or the multiarmed one?

Rogue II
10-12-2006, 08:52 PM
LIN droid is the black dome with the antennas on top. Now that you mention it, a CZ-3 would have been cool.

Jargo
10-12-2006, 09:13 PM
I'll wait til Hasbro confirms it but this is more to my liking. rebel honour sentry guard sounds like the guy in the green uniform with the black visor on the rebel fleet trooper helmet pulled down over the face and I think they either have a staff or a long rifle. you can see them at the back of the temple in the medal ceremony when the big doors open and the heroes walk in looking smug. Either that or it's the lookout fleet trooper up the pole in the crows nest. the one you see above the treetops at the massasi temple. the green uniformed one seems a better idea to me. if they sculpt him wearing a cap and the helmet fitsover that like with Veers, you got two figures in one really. that uniform is worn by rebel techs on home one in ROTJ.

the Lin-V8M droid is a dead easy one for hasbro to do as it has a treadwell base so hopefully they'll cast the dome in clear smoked plastic and then spray a patina of dirty paint over the top.

Biggs and Luke are listed in both waves at R2-DTOYS, so I assume one is medal ceremony Luke and one is Tatooine. we know one Biggs is Tatooine Biggs and presumably the other is an updated X-wing pilot Biggs?

The Han Solo listed is medal ceremony Han?

Hope the death star trooper is a retooled one so he has a proper tunic jacket and straighter legs.

cantina aliens sound good but could end up being horrible if hasbro takes liberties.

Concept Chewie could be one of two concept drawings by McQuarrie, the pointy eared one shown above in that link or the squat rough looking hairy one wearing a tunic that looks more like the chewie we know. the pointy eared one would be better.

Slicker
10-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Definitely some good figures coming down the pipes (that sounds filthy) in the coming months. Some good choices even for some of the repacks. I hope the LIN is done up good and the concept Chewie, if done right, is gonna be creepy as hell.

dindae
10-13-2006, 08:29 AM
I'm excited about all of them except Darth and Luke from wave 3. Wave 2 is a little less exciting Han Solo will definately not be anything I need and I will wait to see on the Biggs and Luke.

Tycho
10-13-2006, 08:13 PM
I should change my screen-name to "Mr. Particular" now. Anyway, I read the same rumors you guys did (at GalacticHunter I presume?)

Here's my thoughts of what I'm buying:

30th Waves 2, 3 From Rumor To Retail

Wave 2
(1) Biggs Darklighter - if this is Academy Uniform Biggs from the lost scenes.
0 - Concept Boba Fett
? Death Star Trooper - I might buy some extras to populate a Star Destroyer I build one day
0 -Han Solo
0 -Luke Skywalker
0- Rebel Honor Sentry Guard

1 or 2 out of 6. Hasbro's not batting too well for me here.

Wave 3
(1) - M'iiyoom Onith
(3) - Elis Helrot
0- Darth Vader
0 - Biggs Darklighter (assuming this is an X-wing pilot version)
0 -Luke Skywalker
(1) Jawa & LIN-V8M
0 -Stormtrooper
0 - Concept Chewbacca

5 figures purchased, but only 3 different varieties out of 8 figures offered. Is that 3 / 8.

On the total, I'm interested in 5 /14 for different figures. And maybe 7 out of 14 for their total offerings, though I'll wind up buying 6 figures total - possibly up to 14 total - though most will be Death Star Troopers.

The thing is though, that if one day I can afford a large enough house to make room for a Star Destroyer I can also afford to build, I should then be able to afford Death Star Troopers on the secondary market AFTER my Star Destroyer gets built and I know how many I need.

Jargo
10-13-2006, 08:45 PM
Concept Boba Fett, Biggs and Luke (non Tatooine), Vader and stormtrooper.

Nil point. sans point. zero. point blanc.

The rest will be going in my shopping cart. with some multiples on DST and Jawa and RHSG.

Rogue II
10-13-2006, 09:33 PM
Didn't Hasbro say they were making a Moisture Evaporator in 2007? If they did, it is probably going to come with this new Tattoine Luke.

pegger
10-13-2006, 10:12 PM
0- Rebel Honor Sentry Guard

Really? I am looking forward to this figure...it's another ANH rebel - hopefully the Brown uniformed one.

I know you collect "new figures" only (i.e not repacked, improved, etc...) I am surprised that you would pass this one up.

I'm also hoping that Han is Ceremony Han - which is long overdue....Another one I'm surprised you would pass up.

Most likely I'll get all of them, sans Vader or stormie. VOTC Stormie is perfect... I've got an ROTS Vader, an ANH Vader, ESB Vader, ESB Vader sans top of helmet, Dagobah Vader, ROTJ Vader, ROTJ Wrath Emperor's Vader, ROTJ Evolutions Vader...what do I need another Vader for??

Tycho
10-13-2006, 10:49 PM
Really? I am looking forward to this figure...it's another ANH rebel - hopefully the Brown uniformed one.

I know you collect "new figures" only (i.e not repacked, improved, etc...) I am surprised that you would pass this one up.

I'm also hoping that Han is Ceremony Han - which is long overdue....Another one I'm surprised you would pass up.

With the Rebel Trooper, I was so excited they made the original '97 (No Neck Joe the bodybuilder) that I went out and bought maybe upwards of 30 or 40 of him. They're on guard duty at the Yavin Base I sort of created out of a Tikes doll house. You'd have to see it to understand - I got that pyramid look out of it and augmented the set with "Rebel props and furniture - like Rieeken's display screen, etc." So I really don't need any more and I'm not really in the business of replacing figures I already bought. The '97's represent a nostalgic look back to how happy I was to be finding my first Rebel Fleet Troopers. Then I got a few more of the POTJ / Saga ones when the opportunity came up and I could create a few new scenes to display them in - or save them as extras for potential ROTS use as guards on Bail Organa's ship (that was before I saw the movie of course). So I'm pretty much done with Yavin.

I have a similar attitude towards Han Solo Ceremony. I used the Jabba The Hutt beast pack Han and slapped a medal on him from Dodonna's pack-ins or the Ceremony Leia figure (Leia Collection) and that Han's more neutral pose is fine with me. I do hope they re-use the body to make Lando in Smuggler's Gear, but it's boring to revist Han and wind up having any extra figures of him in his white shirt and black vest.

So I just wasn't as excited about these figures as I was say, for Hem Dazon when he came out - and the Utopau Clone as well.

I'm not saying my tastes are "right." I'm just explaining them.

I actually have an underlying desire to get out of toy-buying - but there are still a lot of things I want that will keep me periodically interested - like next year's Givin figure (Elris Helrot).

In fact Hasbro could probably find about 200 figures that I'd buy (see our Scene-By-Scene Poll), but they will not put them all out at once, and possibly never. It will still take years. Note my signature for Nyrat Agira. I seriously would buy 1 figure of her and love doing so - but many of you could care less or you're saying "Who?" It doesn't matter - she's my version of an obscure character I'd want like the Wilrow Hood fans had theirs (ICMG).

JON9000
10-15-2006, 12:47 PM
The only way I'm getting ceremony Han is if they repack VOTC Han and give him a medal. $8 for Commtech Han with a medal is dumb. You wanna jack up the prices? Give me a reason to pay it.

Jargo
10-15-2006, 01:18 PM
it has to be a neutral pose Han if it is medal ceremony Han. be nice if the medals ribbons were fabric not plastic too.

Tycho
10-15-2006, 01:29 PM
His chest would have to be a new sculpt to have the shirt collar closed up like a clergy collar (almost). That won't make me buy it (it will pegwarm like a lot of Hans do), but it is nice that they'll be able to resuse that sculpt for Lando Smuggler (finally!)

The end of ESB would be quite easy to get Lando and Leia done for (new head for Leia on '98 All New Likeness body with reposed arms - or arms from CommTech Leia or Leia Collection Senator Leia figure -whatever).

Luke would pretty much be a whole new sculpt.

DarkArtist
10-15-2006, 02:01 PM
I actually like the idea of a concept wave. If you think about it it's not really EU but instead it is the way that we might have seen the characters orignally if Lucas hadn't changed his mind on the overall design. Plus some of the concept sketches look great, Fett, the Stormtrooper even Vader. I would really love it if they did the concept of Luke since the original idea was Luke as a girl.

Jargo
10-15-2006, 08:15 PM
instead of calling them concept figures though they should be called something else. concept sounds lame.
I mean lando was originally pictured as Latino in production art. Boba Fett wore white armour. Vader only wore a face mask, rebel troopers wore head enclosing helmets.
In a lot of respects i prefer the abandoned designs to the final costumes.

Battle Droid
10-20-2006, 03:47 PM
The Stormtrooper is the VOTC one but it's gonna have a removable helmet with a Jango head.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Greatest_Hits_2007_Fan_Favorites_Round_1_Results_1 00933.asp

Rogue II
10-20-2006, 04:05 PM
Not really fond of the Jango head, but the helmet isn't coming off mine, so it doesn't bother me. I will probably only get 1 anyway.

Some interesting choices for the final 64. I glanced through the voting results. Most of the winners only had 200-300 votes. This may be a question for the Hasbro Q&A, but are they seriously going to make a greatest hits wave based off of that?

pbarnard
10-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Not really fond of the Jango head, but the helmet isn't coming off mine, so it doesn't bother me. I will probably only get 1 anyway.

Some interesting choices for the final 64. I glanced through the voting results. Most of the winners only had 200-300 votes. This may be a question for the Hasbro Q&A, but are they seriously going to make a greatest hits wave based off of that?

That was my question about the ToyFare polls. Sure it broke down by percentages, but it never gave a raw count. We never saw the votes. FLORIDA!!! OHIO!!! RECOUNT!!!