PDA

View Full Version : Order 66 2 Packs!

Pages : 1 [2]

figrin bran
05-12-2007, 10:54 PM
At my local targets, they're gone from the register endcaps. Pasadena Target did have a few sets in the SW section but they still rang up at $9.99.

Tycho
05-13-2007, 05:46 AM
They must have sold out of them at my store. They didn't offer me anything, but they were packaged nicely and I could understand people wanting them.

waboritas
05-13-2007, 08:27 AM
There were 3 shelves full of them on a register end cap at one of the Targets I hit yesterday. Hoping they go on cleance shortly.

Old Fossil
05-13-2007, 01:18 PM
These sets have vanished from my local Target. There was quite a big display of 'em up front only a couple of weeks ago. Strange.

Luuuuuuke
05-13-2007, 03:03 PM
There are some in the stock rooms of some Targets by the way. I checked the DPCI at an L.A. area Target today and they had them in the back. Just fyi.

OC47150
05-14-2007, 08:32 AM
I found four of the six at a Target; Mace and Yoda were gone. I bought the Obi-Wan and Anakin sets for openers.

Turbowars
05-15-2007, 01:22 AM
All I want to know is when they will go on clearance!

plasticfetish
05-15-2007, 01:41 AM
All I want to know is when they will go on clearance!Yeah, I've been wondering that also. There are still a few dozen of them at each of the Targets near me... it'd be alright if they cleared them out. (I have a feeling that they will pretty soon, to make room for Transformers movie stuff.)

jedi master sal
05-15-2007, 11:48 AM
These are not to plentiful near me any more.

I did buy a complete set plus one extra Anakin/501st Airborne and 2 Obi/AT-RT drivers.

If they go on sale and I can find them, I'll get 2 more Anakin/501st Airborne and 1 more Obi/AT-RT driver.

The Yoda one really is crap. I bought it out of novelty. I see no need for more of the Vader/Bow as Bow was the leader of the 501st. Same with the Palpatine/Thire set. I MIGHT get more Mace/Galactic Marine sets.

I just wonder what the sale price will be. I'm guessing that it will go to $7, then if they need to reduce it further, down to $5. By that time, these should all be gone, regardless of which pack it is.

OC47150
05-15-2007, 12:00 PM
In the last two weekends, I've visited four Targets and only seen them at the one. The sets were still on the endcap.

I bought a complete set when they first came out. The Palpy and Vader sets were my first openers. You can never have enough Vaders.

I made a Mustafar display using Palpy, Thire and two regular shock troopers. Plan to create a diorama based on the Purge comic with the Vader, Bow, Appo and some 501st figures, when I get the time.

Thanks on the insight on the Yoda. Hasbro could've done a better job on the clone in that set.

Tycho
05-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Plan to create a diorama based on the Purge comic with the Vader, Bow, Appo and some 501st figures, when I get the time.

Well, they're making Bultar Swan and Koffi Annon or whatever his Jedi name is in a Purge Comic 2-pack that hits in the 2nd-after-next Comic Pack Wave.
More power to you!

The current wave is:

Marvel Luke & R2
Quinlan & Villie
Obi-Wan & Alpha

The next wave is:

Luke & Mara
Leia & Vader
Dark Woman & A'Sharad

I'm supposing the wave after that is:

Baltar & Koffi
Baron Fel & (another Rogue Squadron character)
?? & ??

Phantom-like Menace
05-16-2007, 01:06 AM
****, they're making Bultar Swan and I can already imagine she's not going to be wearing traditional Jedi garb. I not only really wanted this character for her sake (nearly voted for her in the Fan's Choice Poll), but she could have made a nice alternative to Episode I Adi Gallia for customizing female Jedi. Which means if I want her in Jedi attire, I not only can't get a new female Jedi base but I have to get another Adi Gallia figure.

DarkArtist
05-16-2007, 08:28 PM
these are finally starting to disappear from the Target's around me. I guess they might never make it to clearence. While I have a complete set wouldn't mind picking up a few extra Galactic Marines, Airborne Troopers and Shock Commanders.

Phantom-like Menace
05-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Well, I wanted to log on quickly enough to brag.

I found my karmic reward on the endcap at Target just an hour ago. I refused to bother any employee to get these out of the backroom despite the fact that I knew they were there and knew they should have been set already. I got all six and three repeats for just under fifty bucks on 50% clearance. They came straight out of the backroom and onto a clearance endcap, just like Sal said could happen.

Unfortunately, I would have happily supported these figures at full price. I never feel like I've won when a product I like goes clearance.

So, everyone might start looking around their Targets to see if they can get these on clearance.

Edit: Now if Wal-Mart could put out more of their damned Saleucami packs.

jedi master sal
05-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Well, I wanted to log on quickly enough to brag.

I found my karmic reward on the endcap at Target just an hour ago. I refused to bother any employee to get these out of the backroom despite the fact that I knew they were there and knew they should have been set already. I got all six and three repeats for just under fifty bucks on 50% clearance. They came straight out of the backroom and onto a clearance endcap, just like Sal said could happen.

Unfortunately, I would have happily supported these figures at full price. I never feel like I've won when a product I like goes clearance.

So, everyone might start looking around their Targets to see if they can get these on clearance.

Edit: Now if Wal-Mart could put out more of their damned Saleucami packs.

Thanks for the quick recognition.

Damn, looks like I'm going to have to check tonight.

figrin bran
05-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Wow, that's a great score PLM! I would feel it's a victory!

Phantom-like Menace
05-17-2007, 11:31 PM
I've had a chance to open some of them, which kept me up late this afternoon--that and I got caught up watching Hitch while I opened them.

The 501st Airborne Trooper and the Utapau AT-RT Driver are my favorites, though the only real problem I have with the other figures is that I don't have as much use for them. I'm not inclined to put a snow clone in the formation with Mace's clones because it would be out of place with the regular clones in that same legion, having Bow (and refusing to retire Appo) means I now have a redundant commander for the 501st (which will become even worse if I ever get around to making the Gree-style concept Appo), the two Yoda clones just aren't my favorite (got two just to get more short lightsabers), and I consider Thire to look just like all of the rest of the shocktroopers.

I know it's been touched on already, but it really bothers me that Palpatine has the wrong 'saber. Though speaking of 'sabers, my baggie is going to get quite a bit heavier after I finish opening these sets. I really want to do a head count to see how many stray Mace Windus and Darth Vaders I have in various boxes in my bedroom now.

jedi master sal
05-18-2007, 12:55 PM
I've had a chance to open some of them, which kept me up late this afternoon--that and I got caught up watching Hitch while I opened them.

The 501st Airborne Trooper and the Utapau AT-RT Driver are my favorites, though the only real problem I have with the other figures is that I don't have as much use for them. I'm not inclined to put a snow clone in the formation with Mace's clones because it would be out of place with the regular clones in that same legion, having Bow (and refusing to retire Appo) means I now have a redundant commander for the 501st (which will become even worse if I ever get around to making the Gree-style concept Appo), the two Yoda clones just aren't my favorite (got two just to get more short lightsabers), and I consider Thire to look just like all of the rest of the shocktroopers.

I know it's been touched on already, but it really bothers me that Palpatine has the wrong 'saber. Though speaking of 'sabers, my baggie is going to get quite a bit heavier after I finish opening these sets. I really want to do a head count to see how many stray Mace Windus and Darth Vaders I have in various boxes in my bedroom now.

PLM, here's a few suggestions. Take them as you will.

I use my Mace Galactic Marine as the Commander of all of Mace's troops.
Also Appo was named as "a" commander of the 501st. Not "the" commander. So you can interpret that as Appo was just one of the lower ranking commanders of the 501st (at least lower than Bow). Since Bow has a Kama, this also helps to ring true. So I have Bow as the true commander (regardless of what the comics say), then several Appos to be squad leaders of my overall 501st army.

I agree that the Airborne and AT-RT drivers are excellent figs and fit well with their own respecitve armies (except I don't like the whote dots on the AT-RT driver,m but I've said that before)

Thire is an excellent kit bash fig for the shocktrooper commander. If you've got a few "Commander Deviss" (AKA Red Clone Commander) then you can take a paulron or two from him and put it on to a regular Shocktrooper and voila practically the same thing as the Bow/Appo thing. Except it's Thire and an unnamed regular Shocktrooper commander. Gives you some felxibility with your troops without having to customize and if you don't like it you can always switch it back, without having damaged anything.Oh and the paulronless Deviss figs can be used as his (Deviss) grunts.

This only leaves the Kashyyyk clone. Currently I have the one and only one serving as the "XO" or executive officer of my Kashyyyk troops. I have 8 Grees and they are being used as squad commanders. I'm hoping for a corrected Gree someday, but if not, I've got an extra white clone to use as a custom if need be.

So there you have it. Those are at least some ways you can use them to further flesh out your armies.

-Sal

OC47150
05-18-2007, 01:37 PM
I stopped at one of my Targets last night and found the sets on clearance. I had a HUGE selection: two Mace or five or six Palpys. I took the Mace set.

It was $6.98.

A friend stopped at a Target that still had all six.

Kill Solo
05-18-2007, 02:57 PM
I picked up the only two I wanted from the Order 66 packs, Commander Bow and Commander Thire today. I'm glad I waited till they went on sale!

Phantom-like Menace
05-19-2007, 01:13 AM
I dropped by Target this morning hoping to grab two more of these and the endcap was wiped out. The twenty or so that were left after I grabbed mine were completely gone. Oddly enough I really looked at the rest of the endcap for the first time and noticed everything on that clearance endcap was Target exclusive. It appears my local Targets haven't put out any exclusive for the past month or so and simply put them straight out to clearance. Weird.

I'm annoyed to discover that the Yoda figure has the lightsaber permanently attached to his hand. Kind of defeated the purpose of getting that figure for me. I still wish Hasbro had done something slightly different with his trooper, though. I was thinking it could have been really cool if Hasbro had done a camouflaged Republic commando. Despite the lack of articulation on that figure, I think it would have come out well. Otherwise, I was kind of thinking of doing some customizing to Yoda's Order 66 troops, make them advanced scouts or something.

Sal, yeah, your thinking was basically along the same as mine, but I'm not too worried about my display, because at this time it's not meant to be canon so much as cool. Though not all of us quite have the number of troops for subcommanders.;)

joshephe
05-19-2007, 08:49 AM
I'm annoyed to discover that the Yoda figure has the lightsaber permanently attached to his hand. Kind of defeated the purpose of getting that figure for me. I still wish Hasbro had done something slightly different with his trooper, though. I was thinking it could have been really cool if Hasbro had done a camouflaged Republic commando. Despite the lack of articulation on that figure, I think it would have come out well. Otherwise, I was kind of thinking of doing some customizing to Yoda's Order 66 troops, make them advanced scouts or something.

The hand with the lightsaber can be switched out for a hand that has a cane in it.

jamesbondo07
05-19-2007, 10:13 AM
I picked up the Yoda and Kashyyk Trooper today on clearence. It was the only that I did not pick up.

jedi master sal
05-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Sal, yeah, your thinking was basically along the same as mine, but I'm not too worried about my display, because at this time it's not meant to be canon so much as cool.

Yeah, I'm getting a little lax in my clone armies and allowing for some EU to creep in. The armies do look a lot better with commanders leading them.

Though not all of us quite have the number of troops for subcommanders.;)

What??? Well get on that man!

Phantom-like Menace
05-19-2007, 09:36 PM
The hand with the lightsaber can be switched out for a hand that has a cane in it.

I know. Unfortunately, I got two of the sets primarily for the lightsabers.

What??? Well get on that man!

Ha, ha.

jedi master sal
05-20-2007, 11:19 AM
PLM, I think I'm going to have a project this summer regarding my troops. For the longest I keep getting people asking to see my troop collection. I've shown some pics of certain troops, but never all at once. I think I might finally do this.

It's about time I see for myself what they all look like at once and in formation. Be nice to get a real sense of scale and scope of my troop collection.

However, I'm torn as to how to set them up for this.

I'm thinking a set of pics of my AOTC clones (plus a subset of Sep droids), then another set for my ROTS clones (plus a subset of Sep droids). Then maybe OT troops (all Imperial) laid out either left to right as they appeared chronologically or foregrund to background chronologically. Then there would be a set of Sep droids for TPM.

Or maybe one big photo for all of the SEP droids.

So I'm asking you and everyone else, how would you like for me to set these up to take pics? I won't have room to show all Clones and Sep droids together, so that's out.

I'll consider all ideas if any are presented.

(Thing is, I'll still be army building even then. Theres a few troopers in the Legends line that I'm looking to build up.)

Kidhuman
05-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Set them up in squads. Like at the end of AOTC, when they are all lined up in formation and seperated by a few rows.

Val Da Car
05-20-2007, 10:55 PM
I was at a Target on Sat and they unboxed like 25 to 30 of the ORder 66. I finally got the Anakin / Blue Clone Trooper.
I will stop back tomorrow to finally get the AT RT, is he SA?

Tycho
05-20-2007, 11:02 PM
One of our forumites here set up the ROTS Clones in their units with their commanders and Jedi Generals. They only showed about 6 or so grunts per battle-theater, but it looked pretty cool.

For your AOTC Clones, I'd use the opportunity to sort out your ratios of officers to men and see how you're fairing.

Phantom-like Menace
05-21-2007, 12:29 AM
However, I'm torn as to how to set them up for this.

I'll definitely throw in a vote for chronologically left to right. Like you mentioned I'd probably have one distinct area for AotC, one distinct area for RotS clones, and a third for Imperial era troopers to the far right.

Within the AotC group I would probably organize them based on how many commanders I had, then on down the chain of command. RotS would be organized by legion, and the Imp troops would be organized chronologically, stormies on the left, snow troopers in the middle, scouts on the right with Death Star gunners and pilots and what have you either dispersed throughout or all to the right so as not to break up that field of white troops.

In my relatively modest formation of RotS clones (my primary army building poison), the commander of the legion stands to the left of the other trooper in the first row of two collumns like this:

T=trooper
C=commander

TT
TT
TT
TT
TT
CT

but since you are looking to have subcommanders in some of your legions, I would probably have the commander of each legion standing out front with the subcommanders standing within the rows, like this (the exact number of troops is arbitrary but I'm using four collumns to illustrate):

S=subcommander

T T T T
S T T T
T T T T
S T T T
T T T T
S T T T
C

That commander is supposed to be centered, but it keeps left aligning.

I might have some unique clones in micro formations. Like maybe a Republic Commando squad of four standing off to the side or something like that.

As for separatists, if you're doing formations like above, I wouldn't be sure what you're looking to do in terms of integrating them into the display. I've personally never had to consider what to do with battledroids, since if I combined battle droids, destroyer droids and super battle droids, I might have a grand total of thirty figures max.

I don't know if that made any sense or was much of an answer, but I'm happy to clarify, continue and hear your thoughts.

jedi master sal
05-21-2007, 10:03 AM
it made sense PLM.

What I'm thinking is something close to what you said. For certain ROTS legions I have many "subcommanders" though I prefer to call them Leiutenants (LT.), so they will be 1 to a squad or company depending on how many I have. And yes, I'll have the Legion Commander out in front. Similare to how I did my Utapau Army.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/Partial_BE_view_SM-wm_1248.jpg

Although this photo has Cody for it's subcommanders as well. BTW, this is now an old photo as I have roughly 30 more Utapau clones and about 15 Airborne troopers. I think I'll set these up in companies of 15 (3 squads each of 5). That will give me between 7-8 companies of regular Utapau clones and 1 company of Airborne troopers. Oh and one squad of Utapau AT-RT drivers. All headed up by Cody.

Tycho
05-21-2007, 06:34 PM
Oooh! I'm glad to see a small image of my efforts, Sal. I probably sent you about 2 rows of those Clones myself. Looking good. Looking good.

Phantom-like Menace
05-23-2007, 01:43 AM
That pic looks great. Are you thinking at all of doing anything complicated with the extra Commanders Cody, or just leave them as they are?

How were you thinking of incorporating the droid armies, the subsets of separatist droids you were mentioning?

What I'm thinking is something close to what you said. For certain ROTS legions I have many "subcommanders" though I prefer to call them Leiutenants (LT.)

Yeah, I was fishing for a handy label.

jedi master sal
05-23-2007, 09:28 AM
That pic looks great. Are you thinking at all of doing anything complicated with the extra Commanders Cody, or just leave them as they are?

I'll use them in other dioramas. Obi-wan's departure for Utapau is one, then several places in the large Utapau diorama I have planned. I did "clean" one of the Cody's of his battle damage for a pre-war hardened Cody.

How were you thinking of incorporating the droid armies, the subsets of separatist droids you were mentioning?

Well if you're talking just the troop pictures and not in dioramas, then they will be in companies according to their color. Tan in one set and red in another. Super battle droids in one set and Destroyers in another. Followed by a contingent of dwarf spider droids.

Yeah, I was fishing for a handy label.
NP, it's just that "subcommander" is a Star TREK term. For instance subcommander T'pal (or how ever it's spelled) from the TV show. I try to stay away from ST references. As I'm strictly a SW fan.

jedi master sal
06-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Sets of these are on sale NOW for $2.48 each!!! GO get them while they are hot!!!

My Target had about 200 of these for the price of $6.98 three days ago. Then last night they were $2.48 and down to about 70 of them. I picked up 12 sets for myself.

Val Da Car, you have a PM!!!

Heck even with the extra crappy packin Jedi or Sith these are SO totally worth it.

I'm going back tonight and picking up as many as I can for donating to charity (with exception to the few I'm picking up for fellow collectors).

This price is the lowest they will go on these, so snatch them up now while supplies last. Cause when they are gone, they're gone....(Ok commercial done)

-Sal

JON9000
06-01-2007, 12:51 PM
yeah, I saw this on Defender. I might actually even pick up a few for myself!

Snowtrooper
06-01-2007, 01:33 PM
I had my brother pick up mainly galactic marines and AT-RT drivers. Other than that, I'm not interested in getting multiples of the others. $2.48 is a steal. For those who waited to get these, your patience has paid off.

Luuuuuuke
06-01-2007, 01:41 PM
That's a real bargain. Unfortunately, by the time they went down to $6.98 in my area, let alone $4.98, mostly Galactic Marines and AT-RT drivers and Thire sets were left. And not for long. I don't think my Targets have any left. I'd get more Airborne troopers, AT-RT drivers and one or two more Marine sets for that price.

doch18
06-01-2007, 03:57 PM
I haven't seen any in Southern Illinois since the day they were put on the shelf. Should have bought one of each that day, but thought I'd snag them on clearance. Guess I screwed that up.

timmae
06-01-2007, 10:06 PM
i found all but the anakin set. anyone with an extra, pm me

OC47150
06-02-2007, 08:59 AM
I've kept an eye on these sets this week at Target. Still $6.98 all week.

Went back Friday night and the endcap was empty. The only one left was the Yoda that I stashed away. It rang up $2.48. What a bargain!!

Turbowars
06-03-2007, 12:31 AM
Pick up 8 for 2.48 today. :thumbsup:

jedi master sal
06-03-2007, 09:49 AM
Pick up 8 for 2.48 today. :thumbsup:

Excellent! Isn't it great to find stuff so cheap sometimes.

Sith Lord 0498
06-03-2007, 10:39 AM
After being depleted of their few remaining sets for a week, I found a lone Palpatine/Thire set buried on the clearance shelf this morning. Grabbed it for $2.48, and it happens to be the only other set I wanted. I'm a fan of the removable helmet commanders. :love:

SplFrcsCWO
06-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Has anyone found these sets lately?

Kill Solo
06-11-2007, 03:15 PM
These sets are long gone in my neck of the woods. Once they hit that $2.48 mark they vanished.

OC47150
06-11-2007, 03:31 PM
They're gone.

plasticfetish
06-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Yeah... those suckers are gone now. Haven't seen any in a while now.

Kidhuman
06-11-2007, 05:07 PM
They are outdated like Shag Carpeting

Phantom-like Menace
06-12-2007, 01:13 AM
Odd that you would ask if they had been seen lately. I walked into Target to find my usual absolutely nothing I'm looking for, and I glanced at the clearance endcap they keep this sort of thing on, and they had ten of them. I really thought they had all been sold when they went fifty percent off. I grabbed eight of them for $2.48 each, all but another Thire and Bow since I wanted to army build the no names.