Mace Windu and Galactic Marine Order 66 2 Pack

http://www.r2dtoys.com/store/store.pl?action=comingsoon&id=2367

Darth Vader and Commander Bow Order 66 2 Pack

http://www.r2dtoys.com/store/store.pl?action=comingsoon&id=2368

Anakin Skywalker and Airborne Trooper Order 66 2 Pack

http://www.r2dtoys.com/store/store.pl?action=comingsoon&id=2370

Darth Cruel
10-12-2006, 04:04 PM
Rock on! I hope this is true! Especially the Neyo one!

General_Grievous
10-12-2006, 04:11 PM
The Neyo pack will be mine....who's Commander Bow?

mtriv73
10-12-2006, 04:42 PM
These are supposed to be target exclusives in the U.S., right? If so, they may be a tough find, but I want all of them.

LTBasker
10-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Mace Windu and Galactic Marine? Bwuh? I wonder if the 2-pack marine will have a poncho that I believe the upcoming single release doesn't have.

These sound really interesting but price and exactly how bad the repacking is will decide if I buy any of these.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Some odd selections here, but pretty good. I'll likely pass on most of these except where the figures are new or good.

I find it odd that they'd release Commander Neyo and a Saleucami clone in the same pack, they have the same costume and BARC speeder. Maybe they'll have the speeder bike that Stass Allie should've come with? Dunno.

Jargo
10-12-2006, 07:58 PM
:o yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn.

DarkArtist
10-12-2006, 08:35 PM
looks promising but Target sucks with their exclusives, always hard to find. My other fear is that they will be mostly re-packs of figures.

Kidhuman
10-12-2006, 09:52 PM
Sounds good, I was hoping for pics though.

Slicker
10-12-2006, 10:01 PM
:o yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn.My sentiments exactly. Yet another excuse to make even more lame clones that weren't even in the movie or were fabricated from someones mind.

I hate clones more than Jar Jar.

Phantom-like Menace
10-13-2006, 12:46 AM
Looks good to me. I'm looking forward to clones being the only figures we can buy ever in life.

The only one I'm guaranteed not to purchase unless I just have extra money is the Emperor and Shock Trooper, that's only because I have eight more Shock Troopers than I initially wanted. Bow may be a pass depending.

There are some odd match ups there. Remember when Mace Windu was in the scene with Bacara's troops? Remember the great scene with Anakin and the Airborne Trooper?

I hate clones more than Jar Jar.

Jar-Jar hates clones? I did not know that.

sith_killer_99
10-13-2006, 12:57 AM
Yes, Jar-Jar hates clones. Most of the Gungan Warriors were clones. Seriously, pop in TPM and watch the battle scene with the battle droids!

Anyway, the Gungan clones went bad and tried to take over, as a result the entire Gungan civilization was almost completly destroyed it too over 20 years to rebuild. LOL;)

figrin bran
10-13-2006, 03:04 AM
the DPCI for these is 087-06-0884 and they will sell for $12.99

jedi master sal
10-13-2006, 09:15 AM
I am SO disappointed with this.

Okay the "Saleucami Speeder Bike Assault Team," might be a good set. As it appears to be two clones (unless it's Stass Ali and a clone, then forget it). WTF is up with Mace/Galactic Marine?? If anything it SHOULD be Ki-Adi Mundi and a Galactic Marine. F'in Hasbro for mucking this up. D. Vader and Cmdr Bow??? Have to see this one, but I've got well more than enough Vaders. I don't need anymore. Anakin and an Airborne trooper. Oh joy. Just what I always wanted. Undoubtedly the Airborne trooper is going to be HTF single carded, so I may just have to suck it up and buy a few sets of thes to get the trooper... (You just know they are going to shoot up in price on eBay, so buying the two-pack will mostly likely be cheaper.)

SO there it is. I'll only get the Saleucami set if it's two troopers. May get one set of teh Vader/Cmder Bow, and however many sets of the Ani/Airborne to complete my goal of 10 airborne troopers if I don't already have them from single cards before that.

Nice going Hasbro. LOST sales on me again!!!

Wow, have I beomce poo-poo about collecting lately or what. Sorry folks for bringing things down. I'm just really getting tired of the same ol' POS marketing stuff from Hasbro.

While core characters may be needed in the line, two-packs with clones would make a WHOLE lot more sense if they were TWO of the same clones. Would make army building that much easier. The core characters are ALWAYS going to be available and reissued ad naseum. Hasbro could have made buying troopers more simple, but of course they didn't, so they will get less from me...and I imagine a good deal many of you too, even if you're not army builders. I mean come on really. Who needs more Maces, Yodas, etc? Hardly any of us. And by us I don't just mean collectors but KIDS too...

abell748
10-13-2006, 09:27 AM
Great, I'll only want about half of these. Let the bloodsport of Target exclusive collecting begin.

kool-aid killer
10-13-2006, 11:32 AM
The Saleucami one sounds like it could be good, and right now looks like the only one i will get for certain, assuming its lineup is true. The others arent so interesting, and one or two of them are terrible in my opinion. Im going to have to look up Mr. Bow, as i have no idea what hes supposed to look like.

pegger
10-13-2006, 11:53 AM
Who is Commander Bow anyways?

Kidhuman
10-13-2006, 06:31 PM

He serves with Sargent Arrow.

Isobars&

Jargo
10-13-2006, 10:02 PM
hasbro loses money from me coz i only collect stuff from tatooine. so all these clones and troopers and army builders mean nada to me. Now if they made a Felucia Gel grub with a trooper riding it I'd buy that for the gela grub as my only concession to other star wars stuff is beasties. I still need to get my hands on Boga and that silly Can cell thing but i have one of every beast they've made from the tiniest like jabba's frog thing to the largest like the Fambaa..
Beasts and critters are fun, clones and troopers are boring. clones and troopers all blend int each other. at least beasts and critters are visually interesting. and unique. And star wars is about so much more than just the battle scenes. Yet we don't get multi-packs of Ewoks or Wookiees or Geonosians or Kaminoans, or Tatooinians, or Coruscanti, or Bespinites, just the same battle scenes over and over again. Few ethnic faces despite star wars being litterd with actors of ethnic origin. few female characters despite star wars being littered with cool females.

I really wish to the gods the prequels had never been made.

Luuuuuuke
10-15-2006, 12:37 AM
I'll probably get anything with a new clone, but I'm not crazy about these being Target exclusives.

Phantom-like Menace
10-15-2006, 12:40 AM

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Commander_Bow

figrin bran
10-15-2006, 02:05 AM
I'll probably get anything with a new clone, but I'm not crazy about these being Target exclusives.

well, they shouldn't be exclusives in the first place but since they are, it's probably best that they're at Target. WM's exclusives can be impossible to find while Target's are always plentiful even to the point where they go on clearance.

stad
11-07-2006, 08:48 PM
well, they shouldn't be exclusives in the first place but since they are, it's probably best that they're at Target. WM's exclusives can be impossible to find while Target's are always plentiful even to the point where they go on clearance.

Agreed!! I've never had trouble finding Target exclusives, regardless of which state I'm in when they come out.

DarkArtist
11-08-2006, 01:11 PM
That's funny because I still have yet to see the following exclusives at Target, Target Clone, Lava Vader, Mace's Squadron, and any of the exclusive Jedi Starfighters. It was only sheer luck that I was able to find the snowspeeder. (and the other night while hunting for Mace and his boys, I spot a snowspeeder with a POTF Luke X-Wing.)

Jargo
11-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Saleucami Speeder Bike Assault Team.

I'm curious about what they've done to the speeder bike. I might be tempted by that depending on how it looks. I do likes the bikes.

Darth Cruel
11-08-2006, 08:47 PM
That's funny because I still have yet to see the following exclusives at Target, Target Clone, Lava Vader, Mace's Squadron, and any of the exclusive Jedi Starfighters. It was only sheer luck that I was able to find the snowspeeder. (and the other night while hunting for Mace and his boys, I spot a snowspeeder with a POTF Luke X-Wing.)

I found all of these en masse at different Target Stores between Nevada and North Dakota. Where is the Target that you shop at? Is it a high-traffic store? Are there a lot of collectors where you are? This kind of thing is interesting to me. I wonder if some stores get more or less stock than others and i wonder if it is just that some stores are pillaged by masses of collectors.

P.S. - I am Troop-building all of them. So you guys who are boycotting them let me know where you guys shop so I can trip on over and loot the shelves that you are going to leave full for me (except you Jedi-Master Sal...I'm not trippin' to the other side of the U.S.).

timmae
11-08-2006, 11:29 PM
:o yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn.

yeah i'm out too.
even those battlepacks look lame. got most of them carded. going to buy less clones in the future too.:mad:

Jango Speck
11-09-2006, 02:14 AM
Where are the pictures of these dang things?

abell748
11-09-2006, 07:00 AM
I need to see some pictures also before I decide what I want to get. I do not think that I will pick all of them up. I just want to see which ones are new and improved enough to warrant me picking them up, because only about half sound appealing.

kool-aid killer
11-09-2006, 11:31 AM
I wonder how these will be packaged. I think it would be cool if they came in a "battle pack" style with Order 66 being executed.

jedi master sal
11-09-2006, 12:33 PM
I found all of these en masse at different Target Stores between Nevada and North Dakota. Where is the Target that you shop at? Is it a high-traffic store? Are there a lot of collectors where you are? This kind of thing is interesting to me. I wonder if some stores get more or less stock than others and i wonder if it is just that some stores are pillaged by masses of collectors.

P.S. - I am Troop-building all of them. So you guys who are boycotting them let me know where you guys shop so I can trip on over and loot the shelves that you are going to leave full for me (except you Jedi-Master Sal...I'm not trippin' to the other side of the U.S.).

Good to know....So I can stand-down the guys at the gun towers then...heh heh.

DarkArtist
11-09-2006, 01:32 PM

I'm out in Jersey usually looking in either the Edison or Milltown locations and sometimes out in Manalapan but have yet to find any of them.

Jargo
11-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Regarding the Saleucami Speeder Bike, forgive my ignorance? Don't they all look the same? I'm just trying to figure what they mean by redeco and the only thing I can think of is a dirty paint wash. maybe a bit of detailing on the engines etc. Other than that it can only be some rainbow variation. which would be very silly.

Darth Cruel
12-24-2006, 01:29 PM
Deathstarplans2.com has a link on their front page to 4-inches.de who have pics of Neyo and the Trooper up. They differentiated them by giving Neyo a Visor. They look to me to be movie accurate other than that. And they use the AOTC sculpt like Target used on their "Neyo Trooper" and Utapau Shadow Trooper. Looks awesome. Now I am as excited about these as I am about Appo and the 501st!

Battle Droid
12-24-2006, 05:21 PM
There's a dead clone with a visor in the movie.

Maybe it's suppose to be him,

http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i133336_otherclone.JPG

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-24-2006, 07:37 PM
Damn, these look pretty sweet. Finally, we're getting them . . . aside from more accurate pilots, aren't they the last ROTS clones we need?

Battle Droid
12-24-2006, 07:40 PM
And an accurate 41st elite.

figrin bran
12-24-2006, 08:19 PM
i can't wait to get Neyo and his grunts. i even have two BARC's waiting for them.

JJL, if i'm not mistaken these would be the last of the ROTS clones but don't think for a sec that Hasbro won't keep putting out EU squadrons :p

Darth Cruel
12-24-2006, 08:49 PM
i can't wait to get Neyo and his grunts. i even have two BARC's waiting for them.

JJL, if i'm not mistaken these would be the last of the ROTS clones but don't think for a sec that Hasbro won't keep putting out EU squadrons :p

Your BARC Speeders will be extras...these are supposed to come with them. Also...as far as I am concerned...we still need SA versions of the grey ones as well.

And Battle Droid...I can't make anything out from that picture...can you give me a time on the DVD where that shot is so I can pinpoint it?

figrin bran
12-24-2006, 09:21 PM
oh yeah! silly me, i forgot about them being packed in with a BARC. ;)

jedi master sal
12-25-2006, 03:37 AM
I'm diggin' these. Won't need to rally army build them though, since they were not in the movie much. Besides, if they come as a two pack, I don't have need of more the one Neyo. Just the grunts. I'l try for just a squad of them. Say one Neyo and 6 grunts. Now if the grunts uniform is the same as Neyo except the visor, then it's all gravy, as I'll just remove the visor and BAM grunt.

DarkArtist
12-26-2006, 08:38 AM
can't wait to see these at retail. Are they still a Target exclusive though or are they going to be a general release ?

Darth Cruel
12-26-2006, 02:34 PM
I haven't heard of any changes to the availability. So I am assuming that they are still exclusives of who I am fast coming to consider the collector's worst enemy...Target.

jedi master sal
12-26-2006, 02:45 PM
I haven't heard of any changes to the availability. So I am assuming that they are still exclusives of who I am fast coming to consider the collector's worst enemy...Target.

I have to agree with you completely hear D_C. Target has always been the worst of any of the major retailers when it comes to SW/collectors/exclusives/etc.

I wonder ho much they'll charge. What's strange is that for a single figure, they'll charge $13.99, yet for the battle packs you can get them for $20-25. And those have 5 figures in them...Just doen's add up. So now that these have only two, anyone want to guess? I'm going to say $20 for the pair. If they do indeed contain Barc speeders for each of them, then it's a $30 set easy. However, if it's only the figs, I wouldn't want to pay any more than $15 and with BARC speeders $25. I'm kinda hoping for no Barc Speeders, so I can troop build these for cheaper. I'll still get them regardless, just hoping to save some scratch.

Darth Cruel
12-26-2006, 02:59 PM
I have to agree with you completely hear D_C. Target has always been the worst of any of the major retailers when it comes to SW/collectors/exclusives/etc.

I wonder ho much they'll charge. What's strange is that for a single figure, they'll charge $13.99, yet for the battle packs you can get them for $20-25. And those have 5 figures in them...Just doen's add up. So now that these have only two, anyone want to guess? I'm going to say $20 for the pair. If they do indeed contain Barc speeders for each of them, then it's a $30 set easy. However, if it's only the figs, I wouldn't want to pay any more than $15 and with BARC speeders $25. I'm kinda hoping for no Barc Speeders, so I can troop build these for cheaper. I'll still get them regardless, just hoping to save some scratch.

Yep...Target whips out more exclusives than any other single retailer (maybe even all of them together) AND charges unreasonable prices for them, AND then invokes a bunch of anti-collector policies that serve more to help scalpers than anyone else. I had boycotted them for a while until I found a few Targets on a business trip that actually had employees in the toy department that felt the same way and were happy to help as much as they could.

General_Grievous
12-26-2006, 03:40 PM
These guys are lookin' good. These are the last clones I'll ever need to buy after the Kashyyyk Camo Trooper, the Galactic Marine, and the Airborne Trooper. So I'm eagerly anticipating these.

DarkArtist
12-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Target for me has been a hit and miss. Could not find the Clone or the Lava Vader, but found all of the battlepacks, the Shuttle, Jedi Strarfighters, the Anakin vs Obi Wan, Demise of Grievous, and the Snowspeeder as well as some of the waves in full force, except for wave 8 & 9.

as far as Order 66, if they are some that are straight re-packs then I can see them clogging the pegs. but i fear that they will be as elusive as the Target Clones.

Jargo
12-26-2006, 05:44 PM
of course! the BARC speeder will have red markings rather than the green markings of the Stass Allie version. maybe some dirt too to stop it looking so minty fresh.

I do like the BARC speeder but i'd have to repaint it all dirty and worn if i had any. and I would have some if it wasn't so pricey to get hold of. so far i haven't seen any loose ones on ebay. maybe when this redoco-ed one comes out Stass Allie's will hit the bargain bins and ebay more often.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-28-2006, 02:23 PM
4-inches.de (http://www.4-inches.de/inhalt/home.htm) shows that these guys will be in a Battlepack called Treachery on Saleucami, which looks pretty damn sweet.

Jargo
12-28-2006, 02:54 PM
then my assumption was correct. HURRAH for me! lol

I'm definitely buying that for the speeders. anyone want the clones?

DarkArtist
12-28-2006, 03:14 PM
that set looks great. makes me wonder if more of these will be showing up soon and in some kind of battlepack as well.

Darth Cruel
12-28-2006, 03:21 PM
then my assumption was correct. HURRAH for me! lol

I'm definitely buying that for the speeders. anyone want the clones?

Hell yes I want the Clones and I'm calling dibs on any you want to trade! We'll work out a swap of clones for speeders if you want. But that will depend on how many I am able to get. Otherwise I will buy them outright from you if your price is reasonable!

Jargo
12-28-2006, 03:32 PM
Well with two speeders per set I'll only be buying one set. but consider the clones yours as you called dibs first. I've no need of them even for customising purposes. I just love the BARC speeder. so sleek and sexy looking.
:love:

General_Grievous
12-28-2006, 03:53 PM
Have the rest of the Order 66 packs been canned since this is a battlepack? We haven't seen any other clone packs besides this one. If they are, I'll be happy. Means more of these will be produced.

jedi master sal
12-28-2006, 05:43 PM
Well, http://www.4-inches.de/inhalt/home.htm has the answer. Go there and look for the little triangle link next to the words "Treachery on Saleucami verpackt" this will take you to another page where you can see the two pics of this set boxed. Click on each pic to get a closer view. The second pic is of the back. On it, you can clearly read that the one without the visor is Neyo.

-Sal

Oh and if anyone else wants to trade me the same deal that MR. DADDYPANTS and Darth Cruel have, let me know. That deal is you trade your troopers for my speeder bikes. Straight up, we pay for our own shipping.

Jargo
12-28-2006, 07:38 PM
I just noticed in that pic of the set, the forward guns that should be attached to the underside of the steering vanes are sitting on the top. wonder why that is?

Darth Cruel
12-28-2006, 08:28 PM
The second pic is of the back. On it, you can clearly read that the one without the visor is Neyo.

I just noticed the same thing. Cool, as that is what is correct to the movie.

figrin bran
12-28-2006, 10:11 PM
it's a shame that it's in such an awesome looking package b/c i'm just going to rip it open. and i'll probably get more than one.

Battle Droid
12-28-2006, 11:00 PM
Hopefully it's not a exclusive, exspecially a Target one.

figrin bran
12-29-2006, 12:09 AM
hopefully it's not an exclusive, especially a Walmart one.

Target exclusives are easy to come by for me and so i could probably help you out with one, Battle Droid.

Phantom-like Menace
12-29-2006, 12:33 AM
I suppose I'm happy these come with BARCs. I've been wanting Neyo and his BARCs, and I've been wanting to customize a few Neyo-type clones, and I've wanted a couple of BARCs for other purposes, so this really answers all of those concerns. Really I couldn't justify having too many of these troops without BARCs.

I'm a tad annoyed by the visor, though I have seen the dead Neyo-style clone with the visor in the movie. I'll probably treat the visored clone as Neyo regardless of accuracy. Hopefully it won't be too difficult to cut the visor off to make more grunts as Sal mentioned, and I don't see why it would be.

I've got no problem with these as a Target exclusive, I've gotten every Target exclusive I wanted without ever checking a DPCI nor bothering an employee. I still need one more pack of Mace Windu's clones, but I passed up buying it too many times to blame it on anyone but myself.

tagmac
12-29-2006, 03:46 PM
While I may change my mind after seeing pics, I think I'll skip these at this point. Don't need any more re-packs.

pegger
12-29-2006, 05:09 PM
While I may change my mind after seeing pics, I think I'll skip these at this point. Don't need any more re-packs.

How are these repacks? The speeders yes, but the figs are new....ish

Battle Droid
01-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Treachery on Saleucami is a Wal-Mart exclusive!:D

http://jedinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=9957

Kidhuman
01-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Sweet I hate Target exclusives.

figrin bran
01-12-2007, 10:16 PM
carp! i hate WM exclusives. i still haven't found the cantina band tins.

Phantom-like Menace
01-13-2007, 12:01 AM
My chances of finding this have just been halved.

General_Grievous
01-13-2007, 01:29 AM
Crap in a hat. I hate Wal Mart exclusives since there's only one near me and they rarely restock.

Tycho
01-13-2007, 02:55 AM
The Wal-Marts near me used to open at 7am. It was EASY to get stuff there by arriving at 6:45am every morning during times I heard stuff was shipping - then wiping them out by 7:05.

Now, as stuff ships again, I'll have to resort to hanging out and toy pallet raiding since the stores switched to 24 hour operation. Grrrr.

I've pulled that off before, but it's kind of annoying if the SW cases are wrapped way down low in the pallet. I really look ridiculous playing "Jinga" with trying to get at it.

jedi master sal
01-13-2007, 10:25 AM
The Wal-Marts near me used to open at 7am. It was EASY to get stuff there by arriving at 6:45am every morning during times I heard stuff was shipping - then wiping them out by 7:05.

Now, as stuff ships again, I'll have to resort to hanging out and toy pallet raiding since the stores switched to 24 hour operation. Grrrr.

I've pulled that off before, but it's kind of annoying if the SW cases are wrapped way down low in the pallet. I really look ridiculous playing "Jinga" with trying to get at it.

It's "Jenga"

El Chuxter
01-13-2007, 12:06 PM
I'd rather not buy anything at WM, since they're evil, but Hasbro gives them more and more exclusives lately. :(

Kidhuman
01-13-2007, 12:13 PM
It's "Jenga"

I was so tempted to do that before, thank you for clearing it up

DarkArtist
01-13-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm still looking for the cantina tins and the walmarts by me haven't restocked anything since november. tried three of them in the last two days and found nothing but pegs of Leia Boushh and Jerjerrod's. if this battlepack is going to be hard to find then it looks like ebay may be the way.

pegger
01-13-2007, 01:08 PM
It's "Jenga"

Maybe that's why he looked ridiculous playing it?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Lately I haven't had much trouble finding exclusives, and the Wal-Marts in my area have all been expanding their SW sections, so I bet I'll be able to find this.

jedi master sal
01-13-2007, 10:22 PM
Maybe that's why he looked ridiculous playing it?

Oh, Tycho doesn't need Jenga to look ridiculous...heh heh.

abell748
01-14-2007, 10:44 AM
I'm still looking for the cantina tins and the walmarts by me haven't restocked anything since november. tried three of them in the last two days and found nothing but pegs of Leia Boushh and Jerjerrod's. if this battlepack is going to be hard to find then it looks like ebay may be the way.

You guys haven't had the Cantina Tins yet? One of our WM's has about 50 or more of them and they are already clearencing them out at $20.

DarthBrandon
01-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Lately I haven't had much trouble finding exclusives, and the Wal-Marts in my area have all been expanding their SW sections, so I bet I'll be able to find this.

This is true, I've seen the floor plans at my Wal-Mart (friend is a manager there) & the S.W. section is bigger than before & it's looks like we'll be getting the Order 66 packs here as well. The plan described them as vehicle/figure assortment & our Wal-Mart only carries vehicles during movie times. (This was not the same as the figure planner nor were they labeled as titaniums)

You guys haven't had the Cantina Tins yet? One of our WM's has about 50 or more of them and they are already clearencing them out at $20.

Yeah, they are doing that here already as well. Picked up one last night.

General_Grievous
01-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Went into Wal Mart today and they didn't even have the Cantina Band tin set. This looks grim for me. I'll probably never find this at Wal Mart.

dindae
01-16-2007, 09:55 AM
frigan & Greivous my local WM had them on clearance for $13. There were only 3 left last night. Let me know if you still need one and I can swing by after work.

figrin bran
01-16-2007, 10:46 PM
dindae, thanks for looking. a friend just bought one for me today and so i don't need it any longer.

dindae
01-17-2007, 08:37 AM
Glad to hear it.

Battle Droid
01-23-2007, 10:08 PM
A PIC of three of the 2 Packs!

http://starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/news20070123.html

Darth Cruel
01-23-2007, 10:17 PM
PICS of three of the 2 Packs!

http://starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/news20070123.html

Thanks for the link! I am all the way down with these! EU haters stay out of the way! An Utapau colored AT-RT Driver, a 501st blue Airborn Trooper! Lemme at 'em!

Kidhuman
01-23-2007, 10:27 PM
I agree DC, I am all about these.

figrin bran
01-23-2007, 10:48 PM
thanks for the link to the pics.

i'll be tempted to army build these even though i'd be stuck with extra jedi.

Phantom-like Menace
01-24-2007, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the link! I am all the way down with these! EU haters stay out of the way! An Utapau colored AT-RT Driver, a 501st blue Airborn Trooper! Lemme at 'em!

Oh, hell yeah! Also, after having to wait so long for the Galactic Marine, I'm more than happy to get another version of it so soon. And he looks like he has purple markings to go with Mace. Suck it haters!:razz:

Slicker
01-24-2007, 12:16 AM
These look good (the packaging that is).

I'm wondering why the galactic marine didn't come with...ohhh...I don't know...KI-ADI-MUNDI!!!:rolleyes:

figrin bran
01-24-2007, 12:19 AM
These look good (the packaging that is).

I'm wondering why the galactic marine didn't come with...ohhh...I don't know...KI-ADI-MUNDI!!!:rolleyes:

because if they did, they wouldn't have an excuse to repaint the galactic marine :p

Slicker
01-24-2007, 12:31 AM
because if they did, they wouldn't have an excuse to repaint the galactic marine :pIt's funny because I thought that exact same thing after I re-read my post.

I guess everyone's cynical about the repaints...

Phantom-like Menace
01-24-2007, 12:35 AM

I just wish they came with another clone rather than their respective Jedi commanding officers. Hasbro only very grudgingly gives us straight army builders. I already have spare Anakins from the Jedi Temple Assault.

figrin bran
01-24-2007, 12:45 AM
It's funny because I thought that exact same thing after I re-read my post.

I guess everyone's cynical about the repaints...

oops, didn't mean to come across as cynical about the repaints. i really like the orange AT-RT Driver. if it were just in the original colors, i would definitely pass since i have around 7 of them but an orange one i can definitely put in with all the utapau clones i have (around 15 of them).

jedi master sal
01-24-2007, 02:32 AM
Well from the three shown, I'll get:
X7-11 Obi-Wan Kenobi and Utapau Clone Trooper (Crap I'm going to go broke this year...)
X3 Mace Windu and Galactic Marine Order 66 2 Pack
X5 Anakin Skywalker and Airborne Trooper Order 66 2 Pack

Here are the other three:
Emperor and Shock Trooper Order 66 2 Pack (hmm maybe a red commnader fig, now with added shocktrooper stripes?)
Darth Vader and Commander Bow Order 66 2 Pack (A variation on Commander Appo?)
Yoda and Kashyyyk Trooper Order 66 2 Pack (A Kashyyyk Airborn trooper? Ooh, how about the corrected helmet kashyyyk clone to drive us all mad! heh)

Plus there is technically this set:
X3 Commander Neyo with Saleucami Trooper and Speeder Bikes

Looks like I'm going to have MANY figures to donate this year. I just don't need those main character Jedi. It's going to suck paying $10-12 for these just for the trooper, but it will be a damn site less than what we'd get them for on eBay, I'm assuming.

Kidhuman
01-24-2007, 07:01 AM
Sal look at it this way, a Target exclusive clone was 13 bucks, this one is 10, we got a discount on them.

jedi master sal
01-24-2007, 07:57 AM
Sal look at it this way, a Target exclusive clone was 13 bucks, this one is 10, we got a discount on them.

Ah, excellent point my friend...

At least you're able to pull something positive out of it.

Okay, so I'll look at it from your P.O.V.

Thanks.

Battle Droid
01-24-2007, 07:59 AM
From, http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2359151&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#Post23591822359151

The other three can be found in this pic,

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y214/clone_viper/202841_777418032.jpg

Regular Clone painted in Camo for Kaskyyyk Trooper
Clone Commander painted as Shock Trooper Commander
Clone Commander painted as Commander Bow (the one with the black skirt)

DarkArtist
01-24-2007, 08:53 AM
more and more clones means more and more troop building which means more and more money poured out of my ever thinning wallet. instead of the usual five of each clone for troop building I may have to pass and only get three of each, unless of course I catch them on clearence.

dindae
01-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Well in a way I'm glad these aren't straight repacks and in a way I'm not. I doubt I will army build any of these since they are not canon so I won't need them in any scenes.

pegger
01-24-2007, 09:14 AM
Dag-nab it. Stupid Target exclusives.... Soon Slicker- you will know the pain that jjreason and I feel....

Tycho
01-24-2007, 09:56 AM
Are you kidding. This THREAD and that picture will be the cause of Sal having his mental breakdown!

jedi master sal
01-24-2007, 10:58 AM
Are you kidding. This THREAD and that picture will be the cause of Sal having his mental breakdown!

Hmm, not so fast. I've got those first three mentioned wrangled in. I think I'll only get 1-2 sets with the shocktrooper (looks like a commander liek I said). The Kashyyyk Clone, I'll get 1 or 2. This armor type is supposed to be the grey clones we see on Coruscant, so the camo version just doesn't make sense (except for Gree). Not sure whcih one is Commander Bow, if it's the 501st with or without the Kama but both with Paulrons. In any event, I'll only get 1-2 of that set too.

So really, these aren't all that bad. Just the Utapau set is going to set me back a little. I'm not big on army building commanders. In a real military unit, there aren't that many commanders/officers so I follow along with the preestablished guidelines.

-Sal

Droid
01-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Am I correct that this is the first Episode III Anakin with a plastic robe?

figrin bran
01-24-2007, 12:10 PM

not so fast, i have unconfirmed info that they're $12.99, DCPI 087-06-0884

Droid, you are wrong as that Ani is a rehash of "slash attack" ROTS #28 Ani.

JEDIpartner
01-24-2007, 01:34 PM
These are bad. Just. Bad. Glad I can save some cash here!!!

Darth Cruel
01-24-2007, 02:33 PM
I just wanted to touch on one aspect of the discussion that some people seem to have missed. The reason these clones seem to be miss-matched with the Jedi is that they are...intentionally. If you read the write-up on Hasbro's web-site, it says that they wanted to do clones that were not in the movie, but in the colors of the legions that WERE in the movies to expand the versatility of each action figure legion. I like the idea. I would love to have a #41 sculpt, an AT-RT driver, a Galactic Marine, an Airborn Trooper, and one of the Commanders with the visor and kama in each of the legion markings including the 5th Fleet Security and 442nd siege Battalions. Along with any other SA sculpt that I may have forgotten to mention.

jedi master sal
01-24-2007, 04:31 PM
not so fast, i have unconfirmed info that they're $12.99, DCPI 087-06-0884

Droid, you are wrong as that Ani is a rehash of "slash attack" ROTS #28 Ani.

Damn, this might make me get one less each of them. Though I know I'm going to be sorely tempted...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-24-2007, 06:36 PM
I could do without the Jedi, but I rather like what we've seen so far. I like the idea of the clones being "off-screen;" if they're gonna repaint so many clones then I'd rather they do this than have them in random colors that were never in the films.

At least now I'll be able to get a Sith eyes Anakin.

jedi master sal
01-25-2007, 12:26 AM
I could do without the Jedi, but I rather like what we've seen so far. I like the idea of the clones being "off-screen;" if they're gonna repaint so many clones then I'd rather they do this than have them in random colors that were never in the films.

At least now I'll be able to get a Sith eyes Anakin.

Really? was this Sith eyes Ani? I didn't notice that.

JediTricks
01-25-2007, 12:47 AM
Really? was this Sith eyes Ani? I didn't notice that.
Actually, it appears to be the ROTS #28 Anakin Slashing Attack, but a repaint WITHOUT the dark circles OR the sith eyes.

These look alright, I'm not sure I'll get 'em but if I see them I probably will.

figrin bran
02-03-2007, 10:06 PM
i have some good news!

so i punched in the DPCI for these at my local Target and the price shown was $9.99, not the 12.99 that i originally had reported.

Target's prices for basics TAC will be 6.99 and the VTAC will be 11.99

Luuuuuuke
02-03-2007, 10:14 PM
i have some good news!

so i punched in the DPCI for these at my local Target and the price shown was $9.99, not the 12.99 that i originally had reported.

Target's prices for basics TAC will be 6.99 and the VTAC will be 11.99

I hope that's true because everytime I punch in the DPCI for the Order 66 packs it comes to $12.99. I think it even came up with that price this morning.

Of course, just to clarify, they're not in stock yet.

Darth Cruel
02-04-2007, 09:40 AM
That price changed at Target. I have checked regularly for them and I noticed the price go from 12.99 to 9.99. I am very curious to find out which price is correct. With two figures and the packaging, 12.99 would not be surprising at all. But 9.99 would make the troops in these buildable.

Luuuuuuke
02-04-2007, 12:49 PM
That price changed at Target. I have checked regularly for them and I noticed the price go from 12.99 to 9.99. I am very curious to find out which price is correct. With two figures and the packaging, 12.99 would not be surprising at all. But 9.99 would make the troops in these buildable.

I hope the 9.99 price is right. At 12.99, I'd have to seriously consider whether to buy more than 2 of these sets. Not that I was thinking of getting more than 4 anyway.

Is there any general idea when these might be out?

Kidhuman
02-04-2007, 01:27 PM
If they are 13 bucks, its a pass. At ten bucks a good possibility

Dark Marble
02-05-2007, 05:39 PM
I like the looks of these so I figure I will get one of each. I am done with the Army building though. My colorful clone rainbow with have to do with one or each color.

Battle Droid
02-11-2007, 05:34 PM
From, www.r2dtoys.com

http://www.r2dtoys.com/productimages/vader&bow.jpg

http://www.r2dtoys.com/productimages/yoda&kashyyyk.jpg

http://www.r2dtoys.com/productimages/palpatine&thire.jpg

Slicker
02-11-2007, 06:19 PM
What are the other ones in that line? I see that they've got so-and-so of 6. Did they already show them earlier or are they keeping 'em a secret?

pegger
02-11-2007, 06:33 PM
There was Mace with a white marine, Obi Wan with an orange AT-RT driver, and Anikin with a blue airborne trooper (I think?)

Edit - i went back to find the links - and there are all there on page 1 of this thread.

figrin bran
02-11-2007, 10:16 PM
What are the other ones in that line? I see that they've got so-and-so of 6. Did they already show them earlier or are they keeping 'em a secret?

i don't think all 6 will be released at the same time. probably something like 2 waves of 3.

mtriv73
02-12-2007, 02:06 PM
R2Dtoys has all these available on E-bay right now. I'm not suggesting you pay 3 times what Target is charging to get them now, I'm just pointing out a fact. At any rate, here are pictures of 5 of the 6 together from r2dtoys ebay listings.

mtriv73
02-12-2007, 02:07 PM
and here's the 6th...

Slicker
02-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Boy, that puts alot of confidence in R2Dtoys for me.:rolleyes:

They're worse than Brians...

Tycho
02-12-2007, 02:13 PM
I have no plans to buy any of these.

The Palpatine looks remotely interesting because Palpatine's outfit approaches his look he sported when he dueled Yoda in the Senate, but I'd prefer that figure be made with solid molded plastic robes and I don't care for the Clone.

JediTricks
02-13-2007, 04:48 PM
What you're paying extra for is pre-release items that have been small-batch imported, both of which cost a lot more than just buying them at Target - I'm not saying you SHOULD pay that much, but I don't see fault in R2Dtoys asking that much.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Eek, some of these don't look so hot.

Palpatine could have been better if packed with the deformed head, so he could be from the scene where he tells Vader to go kill the Jedi (he's wearing that red costume with a black cloak over it).

The Kashyyyk Clone looks like absolute s***.

mtriv73
02-13-2007, 06:36 PM
What you're paying extra for is pre-release items that have been small-batch imported, both of which cost a lot more than just buying them at Target - I'm not saying you SHOULD pay that much, but I don't see fault in R2Dtoys asking that much.

You're absolutely right, (from a certain point of view.) They said in the auction that these were samples and are the only ones available anywhere at the moment. If I had something that scarce, and knew I could get more down the road at Target, I'd be selling them for as much as I could get also. I say more power to R2Dtoys! I hope some impatient person wastes that much money on a full set of these. The only reason I say that is their company has been a reliable source of info and pictures for a while now and I'd like to see them stay in business to continue giving us info.

JediTricks
02-14-2007, 10:13 PM
I've seen dealers like this in Frank & Sons collectors show here in LA (it's a twice-weekly dealer show) where they have their contacts literally walk in with their luggage straight off the plane from the Orient and hand them a half dozen collectibles - you can't tell me that wasn't expensive to pull off! :p That doesn't mean we have to be impatient and jump all over it either though. But it's not like R2Dtoys is going to Target, buying them all off the shelves and then saying "they're rare because we bought them off the shelves, now you have to pay us as a secondary middleman!"

Darth Cruel
02-14-2007, 10:28 PM
R2Dtoys has all these available on E-bay right now. I'm not suggesting you pay 3 times what Target is charging to get them now, I'm just pointing out a fact. At any rate, here are pictures of 5 of the 6 together from r2dtoys ebay listings.

3 times? Try 5 times. These are in the system at Target for 9.99 each. But on the other hand...I do have the money to spend on these and I might. It would be worth the money to me to get them and get pics up for everyone to see and do a review on them for everyone. I fully intended to do the same with the Neyo trooper that went up on eBay and went for 30.00. I was willing to go 50.00 for just that one figure, loose, but I completely forgot to bid on it. If these have not sold by Friday...I may buy them (unless my wife steps in).

Edit - On a further note. Ever since Commander Bly, the red Commander, and the green Commander came out during EIII, I have wanted a blue one to match so I could display them along with the 4 colored clones from EII. So even thought I will not be troop-building "Commander Bow"...I will be tickled to get him to complete the 4 colors of the Commanders. I will also not be building the Thire figure as he is the much-hated Evolutions Commander/327th Star Corps Trooper sculpt. I would not be disappointed by a Mace Windu Purple Commander like Bly either.

timmae
02-14-2007, 10:37 PM
I have no plans to buy any of these.

The Palpatine looks remotely interesting because Palpatine's outfit approaches his look he sported when he dueled Yoda in the Senate, but I'd prefer that figure be made with solid molded plastic robes and I don't care for the Clone.
meh, i'm with you, i'd pass on these at 9.99. maybee on clearance i would be tempted on a couple only. hasbro is really tryin suckerin us in on clones again and again.

Darth Cruel
02-26-2007, 03:05 AM
There was Mace with a white marine, Obi Wan with an orange AT-RT driver, and Anikin with a blue airborne trooper (I think?)

Edit - i went back to find the links - and there are all there on page 1 of this thread.

I don't think that Galactic Marine that is packaged with Mace is white. I may be wrong.

ds6161
03-08-2007, 07:09 PM
I will try & get the Mace & GM
the anakin & emperor one's depend on what the extra's & CT fig looks like

JEDIpartner
03-09-2007, 02:03 PM
I posted a picture of the Emperor one. It's in the "B*tch at Hasbro" section.

joshephe
03-19-2007, 07:52 PM
When are these due out?

figrin bran
03-19-2007, 10:38 PM
on another board, this guy in hong kong has them already so my guess would be that we'll get them in around a month. but don't quote me on that.

figrin bran
03-21-2007, 10:34 PM
indeed don't quote me on that because all 6 of the packs have been found at target. there's a possibility that they might be put out this weekend along with TAC figures, Spiderman 3 toys, POTC World's end figures.

Darth Cruel
03-22-2007, 07:56 PM
A Target employee told me the street date is April 8th. But we all know that there are Targets putting them out now. And I know there are some others that are not putting them out, but will go in the back and get some for you if you ask. A buddy of mine got a case at one Target (the day after the same Target refused to help me), and another nearby Target told me over the phone that they would get some for me if I came in.

DarkArtist
03-23-2007, 08:58 PM
gonna check the Target in Milltown for some of the TAC wave as well as the Order 66 sets. was hoping to get the Infliltrator or V-Wing as well.

ds6161
03-23-2007, 10:28 PM
the target in dayton, OH next to the dayton Mall is moving stuff..
all the SW was moved from the end of an isle all the way to the oppisite end & cramed dowm to @ 3-4 pegs width... endcaps had not been touched..

Dark Marble
03-28-2007, 11:45 AM
The Target that I work at is going to be putting them out on the 8th. A collector keeps coming in trying to fool a case out of what ever employee he can find and now the Team Leads are getting angry. The way information travels around the store is weird. When some Targets put figures out before the "steet date" it has more to do with miscommunication or ignorance of the release date and not stores specifically keeping things out of collectors hands. The question is does Target or Hasbro set the release dates???

Tycho
03-28-2007, 12:09 PM
The question is does Target or Hasbro set the release dates???

Both might.

On Target's end:

Say there can be only so much space on a stock truck dedicated to toys, and then only so much to a brand (Hasbro - what not) - then proportional to promotion (Spider-Man being key at the moment).

So it might take 2 weeks to order and distribute Order-66 2-packs so any given Target has 4-6 cases of them.

Suppose that on April 6 or 7th, everyone will get a flyer in the mail that will show amongst other products, the Order-66 packs from Star Wars.

If the backroom is sold out any time 2 weeks prior to April 8th, they will not have ANY that day (April 8th).

Hasbro coordinates with them:

And cautions that based on what they're manufacturing and sending to Target's distribution centers, they shouldn't release until April 8th because they can't resupply them.

Darth Cruel
03-28-2007, 03:18 PM
Personally, I don't care who sets the street date. Target (as a corporation) is one big hipocracy. They go for more exclusives than any other retailer. And exclusives are aimed at collectors...period. Then they create some of the most collector UN-friendly policies. And it SEEMS to me that about half of the Targets I go to have toy department managers who act as if the little tiny bit of authority they are given to run their little toy departments makes them high ranking Nazis. I never seem to have trouble getting an employee to go in the back and get ANY other item I want and don't see on the shelves except action figures (and I hear the Hot Wheels collectors having the same complaint). Other toys, food, children's cloths, dishes, animal care items, anything else I need (other than action figures), they will bend over backwards to help me with. I hate Target and I hate it even more every time I go in there. The only reason I still go there is shear necessity.

Now this is not to say that there are not good people working at Targets. And I am not just talking about people who will break the rules for me. I have friends who are Target employees and will not get stuff from the back for me. I also know other Target employees that are not friends, but are very good people who also will not bring stock out for me. But Target is the worst enemy collectors have and more than a small number of the employees SEEM to revel in hiding behind the rules to be rude to people. I call Targets corporate customer service and report the rude ones, but if I can believe the reps on the phone...nobody else does, so nothing will ever be done about it.

I have had to find a system of checks and balances just to be able to stomach shopping there.

And before the ignorant solution of "don't shop there" comes up, I would be happy to be able to stop. And if anyone can suggest an alternative way to get Target's exclusives...I am happy to listen.

Hmmm...maybe this is a rant for another thread.

Luuuuuuke
03-28-2007, 04:24 PM
[quote=Darth Cruel;540338]And if anyone can suggest an alternative way to get Target's exclusives...I am happy to listen.[quote]

Yeah, go to ebay or pay Toywiz $50 for Target exclusives:D

Target is full of contradictions or mixed messages that at times seem to cross into hypocrisy. If they are not prepared to pull "in stock" items from the back, or worse, they're going to resort to lying, then why even have those DPCI machines? It makes no sense to have a device to empower customers, then go out of your way to counteract that.

And that's what I think is the root of the problem with Target. In a way I think they deserve credit because at their best, they do provide the means for customers to know what's there. What other retailer even puts out DPCI push-button-like machines? And many employees(not just a few, but many) will check the DPCI for you if you ask.

Then there's the fact that Target carries so many exclusives. The result is that Target has created an expectation that they are going to help us out. When they don't--and that happens a lot--you are therefore going to feel even more angry.

Why isn't there a thread on TRU or Wal-Mart giving customers the finger? Is Wal-Mart more collector-friendly per se? I'm not sure that's true. I really think, as oxymoronic as it seems, that the problem with Target is that we somehow expect more from them, and they're not blameless because they send mixed messages to collectors.

ds6161
03-29-2007, 01:49 PM
my Target (Dayton Mall, Ohio) did the reset last week Spiderman has 3/4 of the shelvs..
SW has 3 pegs wide & NO 30th stuff...NO order 66...
they have the pegs full of last years crap..
1 end cap of sabers & transformers

VidKidd
03-29-2007, 06:56 PM
well target was suppossed to reset for the TAC n the 25th, my local target did it on the 27th, all spiderman, POTC, and TAC was reset. The old figures are stiull up at regular price BUT... theres a revision for the section on 4-8 (when the order 66 are meant to set) so they should go clearence real soon. Now as far the way things are ran at target, i work at target, and granted target has the WE CANT GET MERCHANDISE FROM THE BACK IF ITS A COLECTOR ITEM stuff i must say this, the 3 local targets are the only retailer in my area, included are 1-walmart, 2-kmarts (when they have exclusives), and 2 toys r us that never/hardly ever have the exclusives out on the shelves period. I have alot of ebayers around here who always pick up all the exclusives, but i guess with having 3 targets near by helps me/others get the exclusives. Remember the unleashed walmart exclusives a while back, i had to drive over an hour away, to a 24 hour walmart, at about 1130 at night to get these. no joke. i had to do the same for the dvd packs last time as well. so in defense from where i live, and not just because i work there, targets the only place i can get any exclusives 75% of the time.

Darth Cruel
03-29-2007, 07:18 PM
well target was suppossed to reset for the TAC n the 25th, my local target did it on the 27th, all spiderman, POTC, and TAC was reset. The old figures are stiull up at regular price BUT... theres a revision for the section on 4-8 (when the order 66 are meant to set) so they should go clearence real soon. Now as far the way things are ran at target, i work at target, and granted target has the WE CANT GET MERCHANDISE FROM THE BACK IF ITS A COLECTOR ITEM stuff i must say this, the 3 local targets are the only retailer in my area, included are 1-walmart, 2-kmarts (when they have exclusives), and 2 toys r us that never/hardly ever have the exclusives out on the shelves period. I have alot of ebayers around here who always pick up all the exclusives, but i guess with having 3 targets near by helps me/others get the exclusives. Remember the unleashed walmart exclusives a while back, i had to drive over an hour away, to a 24 hour walmart, at about 1130 at night to get these. no joke. i had to do the same for the dvd packs last time as well. so in defense from where i live, and not just because i work there, targets the only place i can get any exclusives 75% of the time.

Just keep in mind...I do not blame the employees for Target's policies. I blame Target for those. I also do not blame employees who choose not to chance getting in trouble for breaking the rules. My only gripe directly with any employees are the ones who treat me like I am something they stepped in solely because I am a collector. I also have a gripe with an employee collector who invokes the policy when they are asked to help...but are happy to help themselves in spite of the policy (and yes...I DO know one of those). And that goes for employees at any store. Wal-Mart, TRU, K-Mart, KB...

I have actually been thinking of starting a thread outing the Nazis by name and store...but I am sure SSG would be attacked for that and so it remains a thought.

Luuuuuuke
03-30-2007, 12:03 AM
But do TRU and Wal-Mart treat collectors any better? I'm not sure. At least Target has those DPCI machines in some store, and in a lot of Targets, they will pull stuff. I wouldn't even bother with Wal-Mart.

Phantom-like Menace
03-30-2007, 01:06 AM
You know, I'm a collector. I've bothered zero employees to do anything but check me out, and if they had self checkout, I wouldn't even need to do that. I've wanted for not a single exclusive save the Mace Windu pack and that was my fault. I like the policy.

Darth Cruel
03-30-2007, 09:00 AM
You know, I'm a collector. I've bothered zero employees to do anything but check me out, and if they had self checkout, I wouldn't even need to do that. I've wanted for not a single exclusive save the Mace Windu pack and that was my fault. I like the policy.

You are lucky to not have to deal with the crap some of us do then. I am jealous.

Dark Marble
03-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Yep, I have to admit too that I have never bothered to ask any employee at any store if they have something in the back or if they could pull something out. It just has never been worth it to me. I have never really had a problem finding something if I look for it, and for the most part, most of the figures I get from target are usually not from the target I work at. Oh, interesting footnote here, the Order 66 packs are due to be set on April 8th, and the stores will be closed that day for Easter. Sheesh...

Luuuuuuke
03-30-2007, 01:49 PM

I pretty much agree with you. I don't get this talk of Target's so-called "anti-collector policy." The situation clearly varies by store. In the relatively few times I've used the DPCI(I say relatively few cause I have a feeling some people use it A LOT), I've almost always gotten a polite response, and almost always I'm not turned down. And if I am turned down, they explain why. That's cool with me.

And looking back, there has not been a single Target exclusive that I had a really hard time finding. Not one since I've really collected Star Wars.

I like Target. I've found their service is better than Wal-Marts, and they at least give you hope of being able to get something pulled from the back if you feel you just have to have something early(Hey, Wal-Mart and TRU don't even have DPCI-like machines, right?)

Every store has it's share of jerk employees, and some enforce policies that seem contradictory, but I have not seen a broad policy of "hating" on collectors from Target. That's not my experience. I've seen more collectors acting like creeps than rude employees.

Darth Cruel
03-30-2007, 05:21 PM
If some of you are actually Target employees, then it surprises me that you are not familiar with the policies that are aimed specifically at collectors. I have spoken to Targets Corporate Customer Service and they have confirmed to me that these policies exist. So unless THEY are lying to me...

There are three that I am speaking of moslty. And they are:

1) Street dates that are tied to resets. - I understand that occasionally they are required to wait by contract for the opening of a movie or something similar. But when the corporation waits simply to put the items in a different spot...that is just stupid to me. What difference does it make if the item gets put in a space specifically for it or not. I am very anal, but this is ludicrous. It reminds me of my wife giving me a hard time for some of the things that I do that are so anal that even I have to think it may not be necessary like the fact that I have a hard time accomplishing tasks if I am not organized. Being organized is nice. But if I have all the recources I need to complete it, I should still be able to accomplish the task even if I am not organized. And similarly, if the item is in stock for sale at the store...what the hell is the difference if it is sold from the stock room or from the peg. The layout of the store is intended to make items desireable to buy. If we already want the f****** item, sell it. And this policy affects collectors mostly when tied to the second one which is...

2) Not bringing out items from the back - This is the worst one. And anyone who does not recognize it as geared specifically toward collectors is turning a blind eye. When I go to Target and there is no milk on the shelf, the employees can't fall all over themselves enough to bring some from the back. Diapers? Same thing. Tools? Yep. Movies? Them to. Candy? No sweat. Dishes? In a heartbeat. Games? Right away. Non-collectible toys like squirt guns and toy jewelry for my kids? On the spot. Action Figures? Sorry...there's a policy against that. Hot Wheels? Sorry that policy covers COLLECTIBLE ITEMS just like the little cards say that are hung up in front of Hot Wheels, Marvel Legends, and Star Wars toys (along with a few others, mainly movie toys) in some stores. And the hypocracy comes in with this particular policy while Target simultaneously gets exclusives aimed at collectors. Very few 7-year-old children are going to run up and buy a 13.00 General Grievous when there is a 7.00 one on the peg next to it. And it is against the policy to go in the back and get a figure that is in the store specifically to draw collectors in, if it is a collector looking for it.

3) Limited numbers for purchasing - Again...only on collectible items. This is not geared toward collectors? But after everything is said and done...this is the policy that makes the most sense but is enforced the least. If this policy were enforced, and the policy of not bringing out in-stock items were taken out, I would not complain even though this would still make it hard on me as a troop-builder to collect the way I want to. At least it is as fair as can be across the board.

Now some have attempted to point a finger of blame at TRU and Wal-Mart saying that they treat collectors poorly as well. No they don't. Maybe the employees do. But as a corporation, Wal-Mart's policy is that collectibles are not allowed to be kept in the stock room (unless it has a street date, or the space reserved for it on the shelf is full of that item). If there is a place for it on the shelf and that place is empty and there is stock in the back, they are required to bring it out (common sense ruling that the employees would have to have time to do it). And this came straight from Wal-Mart's corporate customer sevice. So, unless they were lying to me, the blame there would have to fall on the employee if the rest of the criteria were met and said employee still chose not to re-stock an item. And I rarely have an issue with Wal-Mart because they keep the pegs and shelves full better than Target does. At least here they do. And as far as TRU...they have a set of policies whereby they are NOT allowed to bring stock up for collectors, but if there is room on the pegs, they are required to fill them. So if you see empty areas on the aisles...they are very likely to not even HAVE the collectible items.

ds6161
03-30-2007, 06:13 PM
other than the latest Shuttle & the Mace battle pack (I didn't want) I have never found ANYTHING new at my target.. Dayton Mall Ohio...

after a month I will find some of Hasbro's figures .. I never saw a UGH figure..

I don't bother the Emps cause its not worth the hassle..

not to be biased my TRU , Walmarts, & Mejers are pretty much the same...
Mejers are the best for me..

Luuuuuuke
03-31-2007, 01:10 PM
I got to tell you, I'm not seeing what some of you guys are seeing. I'm not feeling rejected by this evil Target anti-collector policies. I'm just not. Why other people are, I don't know. Maybe it varies, store by store. Maybe some people give off bad vibes, give employees the heeby-jeebies. I don't know. It's probably a lot of things.

I have NEVER, EVER, EVER had a Target employee tell me, "Sir, you can only get this many of these figures. You're going to have to put some back." Not once. I have been told straight-out that they were not allowed to pull collectibles from the back a grand total of ONE time, and that came with a polite and detailed explanation. Not once has a Target employee told me they don't have a Star Wars item in the back when I absolutely knew they did; not once has a baldfaced lying employee told me, "None of the stores in L.A. have them."

There are six Targets in my general area, and overwhelmingly, most of the employees have been nothing but polite.

I just have no reason to feel this white-hot hate toward Targets that others do. I just don't. They're more accomodating than other retailers from what I can tell. Maybe it's the curse of having higher expectations for them.

Dark Marble
03-31-2007, 02:27 PM
I am a Target employee and looking at the policies, the street dates seem to either come from Target or Hasbro. If it is for a reset there is a date of release and we tell customers what that date is so they can get the item they want.

The policy for anything in the back is that if there is a spot for it on the floor, that spot is empty, and/or merchandise can fit or be worked into that spot, we can bring it out.

For the limiting of collectible items that is really at the stores discretion. I have never had a problem getting multiples of a figure at a Target, but it might be different in other places or who it is being dictated by.

I understand your frustration with the street dates. It stinks to be so close to the figures and yet so far away. It is worse when one store follows the rules while another ignores them and you find the tail end of an exclusive (which I did yesterday). But I have more stories about TRU and Walmart then I do about Target and even those are pretty mild.

Darth Cruel
03-31-2007, 07:39 PM
I got to tell you, I'm not seeing what some of you guys are seeing. I'm not feeling rejected by this evil Target anti-collector policies. I'm just not. Why other people are, I don't know. Maybe it varies, store by store. Maybe some people give off bad vibes, give employees the heeby-jeebies. I don't know. It's probably a lot of things.

I have NEVER, EVER, EVER had a Target employee tell me, "Sir, you can only get this many of these figures. You're going to have to put some back." Not once. I have been told straight-out that they were not allowed to pull collectibles from the back a grand total of ONE time, and that came with a polite and detailed explanation. Not once has a Target employee told me they don't have a Star Wars item in the back when I absolutely knew they did; not once has a baldfaced lying employee told me, "None of the stores in L.A. have them."

There are six Targets in my general area, and overwhelmingly, most of the employees have been nothing but polite.

I just have no reason to feel this white-hot hate toward Targets that others do. I just don't. They're more accomodating than other retailers from what I can tell. Maybe it's the curse of having higher expectations for them.

I got the message the first time you posted it. Congratulations. Knowing what I have to go through makes me jealous of you. I want to shop at the Targets where you live. You can have mine.

Kidhuman
03-31-2007, 08:27 PM
I have had the issue arise at Target with the collectors policy but its been rare. Once I had a person tell me they couldnt bring it out, but then the next person said ok they would. I never have been told it was limited. I have bought upwards of ten figures at once there and never had an issue. I am nice with the people that work there and they are nice back.

Luuuuuuke
04-01-2007, 01:13 AM
I got the message the first time you posted it. Congratulations. Knowing what I have to go through makes me jealous of you. I want to shop at the Targets where you live. You can have mine.

Well, if I repeat myself it's because I've been hearing this same rant about how bad Target is like a hundred times . There is NO Target anti-collector policy. It varies by store. This idea that Target, as a whole, is out to ream poor collectors is a myth. We're not that important. In fact, you just made the point I've been trying to make ad nauseum: your stores are hard on collectors, mine's aren't as much. Again, it varies.

I'd be glad to tell you which stores I go to and which seem to be the coolest to deal with, assuming it's not too long a drive.

Phantom-like Menace
04-01-2007, 05:30 AM
It does make a certain amount of sense that the number of times you hear the counter argument might be similar to the number of times you've made the argument.

Darth Cruel
04-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Well, if I repeat myself it's because I've been hearing this same rant about how bad Target is like a hundred times . There is NO Target anti-collector policy. It varies by store. This idea that Target, as a whole, is out to ream poor collectors is a myth. We're not that important. In fact, you just made the point I've been trying to make ad nauseum: your stores are hard on collectors, mine's aren't as much. Again, it varies.

I'd be glad to tell you which stores I go to and which seem to be the coolest to deal with, assuming it's not too long a drive.

It does make a certain amount of sense that the number of times you hear the counter argument might be similar to the number of times you've made the argument.

This thread has been taken over by this debate. I am going to move it where it blongs. This thread is supposed to be about the order 66 2-packs. There is already a thread about this if anyone cares to move the debate there.

A buddy of mine was able to pick up 2 sets of the Order 66 packs DESPITE the anti-collector policies of Target. And he hooked me up with a set. Gonna be tough to troop-build these clones!

Luuuuuuke
04-01-2007, 12:52 PM
A buddy of mine was able to pick up 2 sets of the Order 66 packs DESPITE the anti-collector policies of Target. And he hooked me up with a set. Gonna be tough to troop-build these clones!

Some "anti-collector" policy Target has, huh?:D

These aren't troop building clones for the most part in my opinion. Well, the Galactic Marine is good for maybe 4. The other ones good for a small troop buildup is the Utapau driver and the Airborne trooper(I want only 2 of those though).

The rest are strictly specific commanders or in the case of t he Kashyyk trooper--absolute crappola. That is one foul looking clone.

I think it's go ing to be harder to troop-build these for the cost than because they'll be impossible to find. That's my hunch. But seriously, at least half the clones aren't worth troop building.

jamesbondo07
04-05-2007, 12:47 PM
I found the Order 66 2-packs at Target today. They are 9.99. I picked up the Commander Bow, Airborne Trooper, and Galactic Marine. Although I think the paint jobs on the figures are not very good.

Luuuuuuke
04-05-2007, 01:54 PM
I found the Order 66 2-packs at Target today. They are 9.99. I picked up the Commander Bow, Airborne Trooper, and Galactic Marine. Although I think the paint jobs on the figures are not very good.

Good for you. I assume they were just on the shelf, right?

I think the paint design on the Airborne is kind of weak; the paint job itself is okay I thought. The paint job on the Bow I got was fine. And I liked the design of the Galactic Marine more than I actually liked the paint job. It was a little bit sloppy.

The Utapau driver's paint job is what you'd expect, so that's good. The Kashyyk takes the cake though. It's not so much just the paint job as the color of plastic they used, the color schemes, every single thing.

Dark Marble
04-05-2007, 03:32 PM
I got all of these today at my local Target and I have to admit I really like all of them. Even the yoda trooper. The packaging is awesome.

Luuuuuuke
04-05-2007, 03:37 PM
I got all of these today at my local Target and I have to admit I really like all of them. Even the yoda trooper. The packaging is awesome.

Did you have to use the DPCI? I'm curious if with the April 8 day coming up(and it being Easter Sunday), they just decided to put them out early.

Kidhuman
04-05-2007, 07:42 PM
I saw these today and didnt care for them much. I do like the round packaging, but I wont buy any unless they hit clearance. I dont need the pack in figures, just want the clones, but 10 bucks is alot to pay for one figure really.

Darthvyn loves Spiderman

jamesbondo07
04-05-2007, 11:31 PM
Good for you. I assume they were just on the shelf, right?

I think the paint design on the Airborne is kind of weak; the paint job itself is okay I thought. The paint job on the Bow I got was fine. And I liked the design of the Galactic Marine more than I actually liked the paint job. It was a little bit sloppy.

The Utapau driver's paint job is what you'd expect, so that's good. The Kashyyk takes the cake though. It's not so much just the paint job as the color of plastic they used, the color schemes, every single thing.

They were on a endcap by the Cash Registers. They must have decided to put them out a little early. I have to agree on the Kashyyk trooper. It was a horrible color scheme. Although the packaging is awesome. I had to look at the figures very carefully and take the ones that didn't look like the paint was splashed on. Some of the were really bad.

DarkArtist
04-06-2007, 09:39 AM
picked up the Anakin Airborne Trooper, Mace and Galactic Marine, Emperor Palpatine and Shocktrooper sets today. didn't see the Vader and Bow set, and left the Obi and Yoda sets.

Dark Marble
04-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Did you have to use the DPCI? I'm curious if with the April 8 day coming up(and it being Easter Sunday), they just decided to put them out early.

No, they actually had them out, but they were on a register lane like most here are saying. The other think on the register lane looked like a Transformers gift pack. Both items seem perfect for Easter. The Target I work at has not put them out yet however.

Luuuuuuke
04-06-2007, 01:17 PM
So of those of you who have gotten these sets so far, do you have an early favorite? Or one that you think will be the hardest to find(not that all of them won't be a pain in the arse to find). So far I favor the Galactic Marine set and the Utapau driver (Obi Wan) set.

Dark Marble
04-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Amazingly from what I have seen so far, and it is very early, Yoda is the one selling out the quickest. My favorite right now is Palpatine and Thire. The new trilogy has made me a big fan of the Emperor. If you take the plastic hood off one of the ROTS figures and put it on the Order 66 version (either head) or the Evolutions Figure they look really good.

jamesbondo07
04-07-2007, 10:49 AM
I like the Galactic Marine and Commander Thire. The backrounds on the packaging are good. The Marine and Thire were the best looking figures in my opinion.

Luuuuuuke
04-08-2007, 01:40 AM
Amazingly from what I have seen so far, and it is very early, Yoda is the one selling out the quickest.

Really? I'm kind of shocked. It's such a putrid looking clone. That nifty packaging hides a lot of warts though.

Today I got 2 more Marine/Mace sets another Airborne/Anakin pack and another Utapau/Obi Wan pack; I left the rest of the case. I'm set. 4 of the Marines and 2 of Utapau drivers and Airbornes is about the extent of my troop building these.

The Galactic Marine is my favorite. I'd say the Utapau driver is, surprisingly, my second favorite. Thire has grown on me, but I still don't like the overly large removable helmet.

UKWildcat
04-09-2007, 01:05 PM
I picked up the entire set of these today, 1-6. At first I wasn't really planning to get any of them but after seeing them in person, I couldn't resist. The packaging is awesome! I absolutely love 'em. Like I said, I couldn't resist.

They were at the endcaps of my Target too, near the registers; they must have just put them out too. It looked like they had 2 or 3 of each set.

As far as a favorite goes, I'm not sure. I have a couple least favorites, but not a clear-cut favorite. I'll have to think about it.

joshephe
04-09-2007, 02:35 PM
i was able to get the set today at a target near me.

Luuuuuuke
04-09-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm glad some people were able to find the sets today. I think some stores were DPCIed out of them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-09-2007, 05:40 PM
I saw these sets at two separate Targets before Easter, both at endcaps near the registers. One of the stores had no Yodas whatsoever and the other had one whose clone had been replaced by Aayla Secura by some a-hole. So far I have opened the Anakin and Mace sets and also have the Palpatine one, and I actually really like them. I would be up for more sets like these in the future, perhaps with OT troops as well.

jedi master sal
04-10-2007, 11:09 AM
I found them yesterday.
I got one of each, plus an extra Airborne/Anakin and Utapau AT-RT/Obi.

Might get two more sets of those doubles mentioned, then that's it for me for those sets.

TheDarthVader
04-10-2007, 11:32 AM
I still have not found these packs at my Target. I will go by today and see if I can find a few of these.

figrin bran
04-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Look! Sal is back!

jamesbondo07
04-10-2007, 12:45 PM
I saw these sets at two separate Targets before Easter, both at endcaps near the registers. One of the stores had no Yodas whatsoever and the other had one whose clone had been replaced by Aayla Secura by some a-hole. So far I have opened the Anakin and Mace sets and also have the Palpatine one, and I actually really like them. I would be up for more sets like these in the future, perhaps with OT troops as well.

I found two of those like that with a Aayla Secura in it. I thought at first someone just replaced it but the figure is tied in with the clear rubberbands and the package does not look like it was opened and then resealed. It must be a error. Has anyone else found this?

jedi master sal
04-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Look! Sal is back!

Yeah yeah....

My work computer took a hit and I couldn't get on SSG for awhile there.

My fiancee has been tying up the computer at home, so it's been few and far between for the last few weeks for me to be online.

Got that all fixed. So I should be posting with regularity again...

Thanks for noticing figrin bran.

Kidhuman
04-11-2007, 07:22 AM
Welcome back Sal, feared the worst for you.

El Chuxter has been seen in such movies as The Fugitive and Ransom

jedi master sal
04-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Welcome back Sal, feared the worst for you.

Ah, I was on the brink....

BTW, I still have figures for you if you need them, KH. LMK by PM.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-13-2007, 02:25 PM
found them today! I was going to pass, but I got a few of the sets for the "new" character Clones and then figured I SHOULD complete the set of all 6. i'm diggin' them; the packaging is pretty awesome! :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
04-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Picked up the Anakin/Airborne Trooper for Mtriv today. Not going to get any for myself unless they are clearanced.

TheDarthVader
04-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Forget about Friday the 13th...I found all of these today and bought one complete set. These sets rock!

JEDIpartner
04-13-2007, 04:58 PM
I saw them this morning and the Target employees had to pick me off of the floor 'cos I was laughing so hard.

Kidhuman
04-13-2007, 06:56 PM
I saw them this morning and the Target employees had to pick me off of the floor 'cos I was laughing so hard.

Call those employees to Va, because I am laughing hard right now also

Snowtrooper
04-13-2007, 07:22 PM
I'm waiting for clearance as well. I have the windu/marine & kenobi/AT-RT paks so I only need 4 more to complete the set. The target in our area has an endcap jampacked with them, so I'd expect they would make clearance.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-14-2007, 02:09 PM
No, they actually had them out, but they were on a register lane like most here are saying. The other think on the register lane looked like a Transformers gift pack. Both items seem perfect for Easter. The Target I work at has not put them out yet however.Finally found them today as you described. I looked last week, but not very well. The Target here has two registers in the same lane, and these were on an endcap between the two. So, if they were there last week, I could easily have missed them. The endcap appeared full and untouched, so I was able to find them all.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Today I got the Yoda and Vader sets, since one of my Targets had restocked the endcap fully. Yesterday, at two other stores, there were none to be seen, so thankfully I got them. I still need Obi-Wan (but didn't have enough money today).

Tycho
04-14-2007, 05:24 PM
I saw them all today. I didn't buy any, but they actually looked good. I especially like Mace with his Galactic Marine. Go figure - a good looking Mace figure and a cool clone.

All the sets were nicely packaged though. They just didn't interest me to purchase them as I don't need that stuff for my dioramas.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-14-2007, 07:04 PM
I saw them all today. I didn't buy any, but they actually looked good. I especially like Mace with his Galactic Marine. Go figure - a good looking Mace figure and a cool clone.I think I also like the look of the robe on this Mace better than the TAC one. However, the Order 66 Mace is the action feature ROTS version.

figrin bran
04-14-2007, 09:39 PM
These were plentiful at all 4 of the Targets i visited today. I really like the blue airborne so i picked up 2 more along with the orange AT-RT driver and purple marine.

i'm too lazy to set up dioramas so i'm going to stuff as many 501st clones into a cylinder for a cheapie diorama - got the idea from someone on RS.

Tycho
04-14-2007, 09:52 PM
i'm too lazy to set up dioramas so i'm going to stuff as many 501st clones into a cylinder for a cheapie diorama - got the idea from someone on RS.

Anakin: "My master taught me the Dark Side is the pathway to many abilities..."

Clone Commander: "Does one of them include helping us escape out of this cylinder? The lieuteniant's stepping on my foot and the sergeant's touching my $##!"

figrin bran
04-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Anakin: "My master taught me the Dark Side is the pathway to many abilities..."

Clone Commander: "Does one of them include helping us escape out of this cylinder? The lieuteniant's stepping on my foot and the sergeant's touching my $##!"

haha.

now that i've seen that Yoda/Kashykk trooper in person, frak! that is one craptacular clone!

Mad Slanted Powers
04-14-2007, 10:44 PM
haha.

now that i've seen that Yoda/Kashykk trooper in person, frak! that is one craptacular clone!
I like it better than the Yoda posing as Michael Jackson.

Darth Cruel
04-14-2007, 10:57 PM
I don't have a problem with the Kashyyk clone. I like it. But I think I will wait until it hits a basic figure carded release to troop build it.

Old Fossil
04-15-2007, 11:11 AM
I saw plenty of all of these last night at Tar-jay... passed on 'em.

I sometimes feel a little bit "used" when I buy Hasbro SW stuff nowadays, usually when it's repainted and/or repackaged characters. I guess I passed on the Order 66 packs to avoid that feeling X10.

I mean, I would have easily picked up some of the Clones if they were single-carded, at $7 each. But at essentially $10 each, plus a throwaway repack... no thanks. I'm sure there's plenty of kiddies who love 'em, but for once I'll wait and spend my $ on something that's not immediately going into storage.

Luuuuuuke
04-16-2007, 12:39 PM
I sometimes feel a little bit "used" when I buy Hasbro SW stuff nowadays, usually when it's repainted and/or repackaged characters. I guess I passed on the Order 66 packs to avoid that feeling X10.

But that's what the different clones are in the movie: "clones" of each other, except painted differently. I don't mind the repainted clones, though I'm not crazy about the repacked characters. To me, even if a clone didn't appear in the movie, it's easy to imagine that there were more clones than were shown.

STopped by a Target this morning and they still had plenty of Order 66--plus two unopened cases on a nearby cart.

abell748
04-16-2007, 12:55 PM
I like it better than the Yoda posing as Michael Jackson.

I thought he was scratching or rearranging himself:lipsrsealed: . I picked them up the Monday after Easter and I am glad that I did. I went back to both of our Targets this weekend looking for Wave 2 and they were all gone. At least I found some Wave 2 (except the blasted Fett!!!).

El Chuxter
04-16-2007, 12:57 PM
I just looked at pics, and I'm a bit surprised to say I'm impressed. I didn't expect to like a bunch of off-screen repainted Clonetroopers packed with sculpts of Jedi we've now purchased about 30 times each to get various other pack-ins and figures.

But if these are only $10, that doesn't seem like too bad a deal. Not nearly as overpriced as those stupid "Vintage" figures.

El Chuxter
04-16-2007, 01:47 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ORDER-66-Airborne-Trooper-Clone-Trooper-Loose-NR_W0QQitemZ140108101793QQihZ004QQcategoryZ751QQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem

Wow! Only a $10 starting bid, plus $8.50 shipping, for a loose figure! What a bargain! Should I go for it?

I can't figure out why there's no auction for the POS Jedi who came with him, though....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-16-2007, 06:08 PM
But if these are only $10, that doesn't seem like too bad a deal. Not nearly as overpriced as those stupid "Vintage" figures.
At least the vintage figures are good, unlike those insane $13 Target figures from 2005 and 2006.

Thankfully Hasbro at least tried to make these Jedi and Sith figures somewhat different (except for Yoda). But I'm really sick of seeing the same Mace over and over - basic in 2005 with the lightning, in the Battlepack with a cloak, in the Tin set without the cloak or lightning, and in the Order 66 2-pack with the weird light brown, hoodless cloak. If they're so hellbent on releasing so many Maces then they should use the TAC one, fix the head, make a different skirt, and do it that way.

joshephe
04-16-2007, 11:18 PM
it looks like 4 of the clones have the same gun. The clone with Obi and the clone with Yoda are the only 2 that have guns that are different from the other clones.

jedibear
04-17-2007, 02:31 AM
I know these sets are the object of a lot scorn here, but from the pictures I've seen, I think (packaged at least) they look pretty nice. I especially like the Palpatine/Commander Thire set...the cloak looks pretty good on that Palpy figure.
It is the packaging that really sells these though...it's unfortunate that some of the weakest versions of the Jedi characters were used with the clones.

If I could assemble the sets I would have:

Given Palpy the correct saber
Replaced the Yoda with the better ROTS version with a cloth cloak and had a repainted Cmr. Gree as the clone
Replaced the Obi-Wan with pilot Obi (I know that figure has been re-issued to death but it is the better version) and the clone with Cody holding a holo of Palpy
Replaced the Mace with the new TAC version of him...the clone is okay
Replaced the Anakin with the Evo ROTS version of him and had a corrected Cmr Appo for the Clone
Repacked the Vader with a bit more flair (billowing cape?) and a corrected Cmr. Bow (Visor-less)

But for an exclusive , it's not the kick in the teeth the lava whatevers were and they look a heck of alot better...hopefully they'll be some left the next time I'm near a Target....

jedi master sal
04-17-2007, 03:02 PM
I'm not going to complain too much. Yes, they used some subpar Jedi/Sith figures. But they did an excellent job of kit-bashed, repainted clones. I REALLY dig these clones. I'm not army building them like crazy, but I did get extra AT-RT and 501st Airborne clone sets.

$10 IS a fair price for these, even with the reissue subpar figs. I'm going to donate most of those Jedi/Sith figures, so it's no biggie to me. Heck we've paid $13+ for the Lava figs as well as the Greivous. So two for $10 IS a good deal. Would I rather pay $7.50 (this includes tax) for just the clone? Maybe, most likely, sure. But we got an additional figure for just $2.50 more looking at it that way. And they were in cool packaging. Now I'm an opener so it didn't matter to me, but still they looked nice. I did keep the packaging.

If you want to hate the Jedi/Sith figures so be it. However why not just consider the good figures that are the clones. If you are an opener, and don't want them, then seriously consider donating them to a local shelter, or children's hospital, or maybe a local kid who's family is poor. If you're keeping them in the package then what does it really matter? You're not going to take them out and play with them , so the articulation shouldn't matter to you. The sculpts of the figures is fine for keeping in the package.

We've paid $10+ for the vintage style figures. The clones are just as good if not nearly so.

Okay I could go on, but I'll stop it here. Enjoy the sets for what they are. Don't dwell on what they are not.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-17-2007, 03:18 PM
Indeed. Two figures for $10 in a nice package is a pretty good deal. I do hope that the clones end up being offered carded or in a battle pack sometime in the future. Since the non-clone figures are not figures I want to get more of, it means I won't be buying any duplicates of these. However, these figures look nice in the package, so I hesitate to open them.

Luuuuuuke
04-17-2007, 04:01 PM
I like these sets. I don't see much to complain about, all things put in perspective. If I've learned anything it is that there's no perfect exclusives. If it's not a supbar paint job, or not enough clones, not the best clone mold or repacks or too high a price for one figure, it's something else.

I don't feel cheated with Order 66. I got a set of each, all of them to open, and made a calculated decision to really troop build only one: the Mace Marine, to the tune of 7 of them. I got an extra 501st Airborne and an extra AT-RT driver, and I'm happy with that. If they ever go on clearance, I might get a few more, but not many.

If you're not an opener, then even less reason to complain. These sets look great. I felt bad opening them up, and I'm totally an opener.

El Chuxter
04-18-2007, 12:34 AM
I found all but Vader tonight. There was only one Yoda, but plenty of the others. In a moment of weakness, I broke down and bought all but the Obi-Wan (and, of course, Vader, who wasn't there). I couldn't justify an orange-detailed AT-RT in a set containing two of the worst ROTS sculpts out there.

I may end up trading them or taking them back, but, after standing there debating them for about five minutes, I decided it would be safer to pick them up even if I don't hold onto them.

figrin bran
04-18-2007, 01:36 AM
The Vader is pretty good - evo mold but the helmet is glued on. supposedly it's an unpainted Sebastian Shaw that's underneath.

i bought extras of the Airborne pack. of course, it helped that i never bought that particular ROTS anakin.

Anakin Palpatine
04-18-2007, 01:40 PM
These figures are really nice for only $10.00, they even have a little bag at the bottom that includes the rest of the weapons!! I was at Target last night in Lake Zurich, IL (Chicago) and all the figures were on a shelf at the register end cap. The Anakin and Yoda seem to be the hardest finds. Obi-Wan and Mace seem to be the easy ones. I love the cape on the Palpatine, and the Yoda Kashyyk trooper is awesome! Just sharing from my side of town.

Luuuuuuke
04-18-2007, 03:53 PM
I can't believe the Yoda set is one of the hardest to find in some places. To me that's the worst. The clone is terrible looking. Even within the realm of fantasy, such a color scheme does not seem plausible.

Around my area I've seen more or less equal amounts of all of the sets. In a few cases the Vader/Bow and Anakin/Airborne sets are the ones missing. But all in all, pretty even.

Scackmgackm
04-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Not to jump onto the bashing bandwagon too much...but I really, really don't understand why anyone would like these two-packs.

The Jedi and Sith are all to be dismissed, so let's talk about the clones.

501st Airborne Trooper - never on-screen. The helmet doesn't look like it fits very well, and as I'm going to have these figs for Cody's Legion so do I really need them in blue?

Vader and 501st Commander - The only thing about this one is that the 501st DO see front-line combat later on in the Expanded Universe, so this fig is permissible, anyway. This might be the only Order 66 two-set I consider after my initial dismissal of them this past weekend...

Cody's Legion AT-RT pilot - is he going to fit on an AT-RT? If so, I could *possibly* see purchasing this, but otherwise it's going to look stupid in a diorama as, again, never on-screen. If you can put him on an AT-RT in a diorama with Utapau Clone Troopers, Airborne Troopers, and Cody, then you might have something. Otherwise, another Meh.

Mace Marine - with the real Galactic Marines coming out, why do we need this? They're going to look like crap in a diorama with the "real" Marines, and look at the paint on the hood. It clearly doesn't cover the purple underneath very well. This looks like a bad white paint job over one of my 40K models I primed black...

Palpatine's Shock Trooper Commander - Isn't this just a shoulder pauldron and skirt? Again, not on-screen, and Shock Troopers didn't deploy offworld, so the idea of having this sort of kit on a Shock Trooper is going to look silly in a diorama...these guys were Coruscant guards, not front-line soldiers...

Kashyyk Clone Trooper - this is the most ridiculous of all, as most everyone has already stated.

So, five of the six two-packs are a total wash and waste of money. I'm not impressed. I kind of wish I had picked up that 501st Commander figure that came in the final Saga 2 line as I liked him better than the commander that comes with Vader...

El Chuxter
04-19-2007, 02:44 PM
The Shocktrooper Commander (Thire) is a repaint of the Evolutions sculpt. I've seen others say he's the standard ROTS Commander, but I can see a human head under the helmet.

Luuuuuuke
04-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Yeah, Thire is a repainted Evo clone. With the same chin sticking out under the helmet problem.

I don't get hung up over whether a clone appeared in the prequels or not. The prequels were pretty awful in my opinion. Quite frankly, I'm a bigger fan of the action figures than the movies. With the exception of the battle scenes and the last 30 minutes of ROTs, these were bad films.

So if a clone looks pretty good, I'll buy it. I don't care so much if they were on screen or not. I'll just use my imagination.

DarkArtist
04-19-2007, 08:29 PM
picked up the only Vader / Bow set and passed on the Yoda and Obi sets since I think they will be the pegwarmers of this line, or shelf warmers as is the case.

Blue2th
04-19-2007, 08:34 PM
For some reason I like the Kashyyk Clone the best. Even though he's made up and kinda wierd looking I bought two extra and opened them, put them next to Gree and the AT-RT w/driver and all the other characters with green camo. Though I need to open up a camo droid two-pack to put there also. BTW: they are super-articulated...the Kashyyk Clones that is.

Tycho
04-19-2007, 10:03 PM
Blue2th, in the diorama discussion thread I started a topic about using the camaouflaged droids in that scene. Check it out and add photos if you can. I'd love to see them.

I left behind 2 battle droid 2-packs and 2 Super Battle Droid (camaos) today (actually they've been sitting since yesterday) as I haven't convinced myself to swap out the reg brown droids I'd planned to use on Kashyyyk for camao droids, but I'd been considering it.

figrin bran
04-19-2007, 10:22 PM
Cody's Legion AT-RT pilot - is he going to fit on an AT-RT? If so, I could *possibly* see purchasing this, but otherwise it's going to look stupid in a diorama as, again, never on-screen. If you can put him on an AT-RT in a diorama with Utapau Clone Troopers, Airborne Troopers, and Cody, then you might have something. Otherwise, another Meh.

for the record, the AT-RT Drivers do fit onto the AT-RT.

jedi master sal
04-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Also for the record, Shocktroopers were asssigned to Palpatine. They DID deploy offworld with him when they went to rescue Anakin/Vader.

I'm hoping the AT-RT rumors are true so I can get a shot at an Utapau painted version. Would go well with the Order 66 fig. If it does come out, and not in Utapau Orange then I may just customize an AT-RT to fit.

Luuuuuuke
04-20-2007, 06:45 PM
These sets are starting to dissapear from some of the Targets in my area. So if you're planning on getting them at some point, I wouldn't count on them making it to clearence.

DarkArtist
04-20-2007, 08:38 PM
My wife picked up the Obi Wan and Yoda sets for me today so now I have the entire set. still want to get another mace, anakin, and palpatine though.

joshephe
04-22-2007, 06:15 PM
bought a second yoda pack today. plan to buy a second of each of the other ones that I can have an open one of each and a closed one of each.

Phantom-like Menace
04-22-2007, 11:17 PM
These sets are starting to dissapear from some of the Targets in my area. So if you're planning on getting them at some point, I wouldn't count on them making it to clearence.

I hope they're not too close to drying up. I still can't prove my Target has even put these out.

figrin bran
04-23-2007, 01:16 AM
I hope they're not too close to drying up. I still can't prove my Target has even put these out.

wow, really? and here i am swimming in these things at my local Targets. does your local Target generate a lot of sales? both in general and with previous Target SW exclusives as i've heard that's a determining factor in how much of the exclusives a particular store is allocated.

Phantom-like Menace
04-23-2007, 06:27 AM
This would mark the absolute first time I've not only not been able to find a Target exclusive at all but have been unable to find them in numbers greater than I want to purchase. I've got the DPCI in my pocket and I'm going to try going by there in a couple of hours just to see if the computer even knows what I'm talking about. I'm also going to call my brother and find out if he has anything at his Targets. I'm a little late in really pushing here since I've never had this problem and was just relaxing--going by every morning--but otherwise just shrugging and going on about my day.

Otherwise, it's been a while since I've checked but last I heard this store had slipped to a B volume store. I know they have at least A and AA volume above that, but it slipped to B years ago and wouldn't only now be having an effect.

JediTricks
04-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Remember to check at the registers, they're never in the toy section at all, that's where a lot of the confusion is coming from these. I've hit a ton of Targets in the last week and all but 1 had these in great numbers - always at the registers.

figrin bran
04-23-2007, 11:45 PM
Remember to check at the registers, they're never in the toy section at all, that's where a lot of the confusion is coming from these. I've hit a ton of Targets in the last week and all but 1 had these in great numbers - always at the registers.

La Cienega Target has a few sets in the toy section along with the ones at the registers.

Anyhow, i was meaning to ask how does one go about finding out whether a particular Target store is a A or AA or B volume store?

Kidhuman
04-24-2007, 07:07 AM
That is by how much money they do. The busier the store the higher the rating. (AA being the highest)

Phantom-like Menace
04-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Okay, so I stopped by this morning and checked the computer (I forgot to check yesterday when I went in.), and it said they're in the backroom but have no floor locations. I'm even more convinced my store hasn't even put them out yet. I don't know if they're waiting for a reset or what. I did find another Airborne Trooper and a Marine today and a Luke and Death Star Trooper to prove wave 2 has been there, so hopefully sometime in the next few days I can get some concept Fett and Order 66 goodness.

Edit: And I just discovered that the store had concept Boba Fett an hour before I got there. Oh well.

JediTricks
04-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Yesterday, I made the rounds and noticed a downward trend, the Order 66 packs are thinning out and they're being moved to less visible registers.

La Cienega Target has a few sets in the toy section along with the ones at the registers. They're not tagged for it, it's just customers bringing them back into the section.

Anyhow, i was meaning to ask how does one go about finding out whether a particular Target store is a A or AA or B volume store?Yeah, I'd like to know that too.

Luuuuuuke
04-25-2007, 04:43 PM
Only one Target in my area has a lot of Order 66 left. The rest have like a half dozen. At least two Targets don't have any on the shelves. I would not count on a ton of these making it to clearance. If you want them, you should buy them now. That's my opinion.

The Target exclusives almost always go through a period where they appear in large numbers, at least in L.A. Then suddenly they start to dissapear fast.

Phantom-like Menace
04-28-2007, 11:33 PM
I now have it on completely reputable authority that the Order 66 2 packs are in the backroom and have not been put out at my local Target yet. Apparently with the recent inventory they've been delayed in getting to the floor. Why? Don't know; not worried about it. But at least I haven't missed anything yet. I'm all about not worrying again.

jedi master sal
04-29-2007, 09:08 AM
Hey with any luck, they be put out on the shelves at a discount price for you! Heh

DarkArtist
04-29-2007, 09:16 AM
well they have finally put the overstock of the Order 66 packs in the toy section of the Target in Milltown. While they are still spilling off the endcap of one of the registers up front some have trickled into the Star Wars section.

Jargo
04-29-2007, 10:22 AM
I like the AT-RT driver / pilot. I can see myself getting that. (I think the Obi-Wan figure would go in the trash).
though I don't want any Utapau clonetroopers because I hate clonetrooper armour. Yet I like the AT-RT drivers. I can see myself painting up a few stormtroopers with a bit of orange flashing. Add them to my Tatooine set up. my own little EU.
Still not bought an AT-RT, with the listing of an AT-RT squad pack I'm wondering if i should wait and see what that is before getting one.

JEDIpartner
05-01-2007, 10:51 AM
I would not count on a ton of these making it to clearance. If you want them, you should buy them now. That's my opinion.

I'd disagree. The three Targets I stopped at this morning are still sitting on pretty much the same number they had over a week ago. I smell a stinker!!

jedi master sal
05-01-2007, 02:56 PM
I'd disagree. The three Targets I stopped at this morning are still sitting on pretty much the same number they had over a week ago. I smell a stinker!!

Hmm, mine have restocked two times since the initial stock.

I guess your mileage may vary then between locales.

JEDIpartner
05-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Yeah... I don't think that Cleveland is Clone hungry anymore. I really feel people are pretty much over the glut of clones and wish to move on.

Old Fossil
05-02-2007, 09:21 AM
I like the AT-RT driver / pilot. I can see myself getting that. (I think the Obi-Wan figure would go in the trash).
though I don't want any Utapau clonetroopers because I hate clonetrooper armour. Yet I like the AT-RT drivers. I can see myself painting up a few stormtroopers with a bit of orange flashing. Add them to my Tatooine set up. my own little EU.
Still not bought an AT-RT, with the listing of an AT-RT squad pack I'm wondering if i should wait and see what that is before getting one.

Yeah, that's the only one of these packs I picked up, and only grudgingly at that. (Essentially $10 I paid for this figure... I don't even know where I put the Obi-Wan figure at present.) The Driver looks great with a squad of Utapau clone grunts, airbornes, Cody, and my older ROTS Obi-Wan figure. Unfortunately the Driver suffers from the shallow foot peg-hole syndrome. Other than that, it's a well-painted version of the ROTS AT-RT Driver figure, which I also am fond of.

jedi master sal
05-02-2007, 12:23 PM
The only thin I don't like about the Utapau AT-RT driver is those stupid white dots.

Old Fossil
05-03-2007, 08:11 AM
The only thin I don't like about the Utapau AT-RT driver is those stupid white dots.

I hadn't really noticed those before. Thanks JMS.:tired:

I don't know... the regular Utapau clone grunts have 'em, too. It's not too distracting, although the Airborne troopers don't seem to have that problem.

jedi master sal
05-03-2007, 04:50 PM
I hadn't really noticed those before. Thanks JMS.:tired:

I don't know... the regular Utapau clone grunts have 'em, too. It's not too distracting, although the Airborne troopers don't seem to have that problem.

The white dots? Where do the Grunts have them? I've never noticed them and I've got almost 120 of them. Battle damage in black yes, but no white dots like the AT-RT driver has.

figrin bran
05-03-2007, 11:45 PM
i have around 20 utapau clones and none have these supposed white dots...

Old Fossil
05-04-2007, 11:14 AM
Ah, I see what you guys mean. The dots on the Driver do seem to be exactly that: white dots of paint. The "dots" I was seeing on the grunts are actually just areas where the orange on the armor is thinner; "weathering," I guess. The grunts at any rate don't have those dots of white paint over the orange.

OC47150
05-11-2007, 04:30 PM
These sets disappeared from some of the Targets I've visited in the last week. Is that the case in your area?

Did they get clearanced? Or shipped back?

UKWildcat
05-11-2007, 04:38 PM
The Target here had them near the cash registers at first; they stayed there for a few weeks and were not restocked all that often. As the amount dwindled they ended up moving them (maybe 10 or so) to an endcap on one of the toy isles. There they sat for a week or so. They never made it to clearance, or if they did, I didn't notice it. I'm not sure if they still have them or not, it's been about a week since I've checked, but I think they are all gone now.

joshephe
05-11-2007, 04:38 PM
at one of my targets they got put back with the rest of star wars toys.

Luuuuuuke
05-12-2007, 10:02 PM
These sets disappeared from some of the Targets I've visited in the last week. Is that the case in your area?

Did they get clearanced? Or shipped back?

These have dissapeared in the 5 or so Targets in my area of L.A. I went on vacation out of town for a week and when I got back the dwindling number number of them near the cash registers were all gone. They weren't even put in the back w ith the other Star Wars f igures.

Even before though they were dissapearing. Near the end the Bow and Airborne sets were gone from most batches. I don't think they got clearanced. There wasn't enough time for that to even happen. They just got bought up. I can't imagine they got shipped back.

So if you waited for these to clearance, you might be out of luck.