PDA

View Full Version : 30 Rock?

JediTricks
10-12-2006, 04:26 PM
More like "30 Suck"! Man, what the hell? There was exactly 1 funny character in this turd, Alec Baldwin owned the screen every time he opened his mouth, "Well, you're dressed for Burger King, should we make it Burger King?", everything else completely flopped.

Tina Fey is just not sharp enough here, you could see there was a little inspiration behind some of what she did but the delivery was flat - some of that was writing and directing though. Her writing and acting felt like it was on the verge of saying something better and delivering more bite, but pulled back and went cheaper for whatever reasons.

Tracy Morgan was awful just as he's always awful, his caricature was so flat and all over the map and cheap and just unfunny, and every line he spewed, every action he took, felt totally forced.

Jane Krakowski, how is she the star of the show within the show? Not only did she seem out of place, but how is a star that badly represented that they take any amount of crap like she took?

Rachel Dratch... come on, that wasn't even good work if it had been on SNL, it was just sad.

And finally the situations, everything felt totally one-dimensional, cheap, and poorly conceived - who the hell is going to let some looney psycho take over their live show in the middle, and how is anything he did going to attract an audience? This didn't feel anything like a sitcom behind the scenes at SNL, there is so much that could have been mined from that for a sitcom that wasn't, I'm not trying to compare this to Studio 60 either, I'm talking an authentic sitcom.

Here's what kills me, this show was lame, but Alec Baldwin was awesome in it and deserves a better vehicle, and Tina Fey feels to me like she just needs a better director and some fellow writers who don't suck and a better setting than this.

2-1B
10-12-2006, 06:14 PM
I was hoping for more from it but I won't quit watching yet. I figure I'll give it awhile and hope it picks up. It definitely didn't live up to my initial hopes and I'm a big Tina Fey fan so I hope it works out in the long run. She was alright.
Alec Baldwin was great, I agree.

Rocketboy
10-12-2006, 10:10 PM
It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. It was tons better than that crapfest starring Matthew Perry.
I thought Tracy Morgan was funny as always.

El Chuxter
10-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Didn't watch it, but the first commercial I saw for it was also a commercial for some new show with John Lithgow, so I thought at first it was a play on "Third Rock."

Yeah, no one cares. I wouldn't care, either, if it wasn't my thought. But it was mine, so I love it.

2-1B
10-12-2006, 11:29 PM
I made sure to turn off NBC before Lithgow's new show started...I do not like that fellow.

*unless of course, we're talking about Harry and the Hendersons. ;)

JimJamBonds
10-12-2006, 11:42 PM
I thought Tracy Morgan was funny as always.

I'M BRIAN FELLOWS!

JediTricks
10-13-2006, 03:26 PM
Oh, and get this, apparently the original pilot featured Rachel Dratch as the star of the show, in the Jane Krakowski role! Not that I'm complaining they didn't go that way, but I wonder why the change.

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. It was tons better than that crapfest starring Matthew Perry.I really like Studio 60 a lot, one of my favorite new shows, the other being its lead-in "Heroes".

Didn't watch it, but the first commercial I saw for it was also a commercial for some new show with John Lithgow, so I thought at first it was a play on "Third Rock."I thought it was really stupid of them to name it 30 Rock when they had a not-too-distant popular show called "Third Rock from the Sun". They didn't even mention in 30 Rock that it's a reference to NBC's New York studio in the GE building, address - 30 Rockefeller Center.

I made sure to turn off NBC before Lithgow's new show started...I do not like that fellow.

*unless of course, we're talking about Harry and the Hendersons. ;)I think Lithgow and Tambor can be funny, but that show was a waste of 22 minutes, the writing and directing was abhorrant.

There's something so sad about the way Tracy Morgan acts, like they got some guy off the street and he has no shame about how bad he is so he just keeps going and going and going until he's unintentionally strangled the bit to death.

2-1B
10-13-2006, 05:58 PM
There's something so sad about the way Tracy Morgan acts, like they got some guy off the street and he has no shame about how bad he is so he just keeps going and going and going until he's unintentionally strangled the bit to death.

What do you mean, "like" ? :confused:

I thought they DID do that. :D

JediTricks
10-14-2006, 03:27 AM
Ha ha! I wouldn't be surprised if it were the case. I think he was just a standup that auditioned to be on SNL during the mid-'90s exodus, that's basically getting him off the street.

2-1B
10-14-2006, 09:59 AM
I think Lithgow and Tambor can be funny, but that show was a waste of 22 minutes, the writing and directing was abhorrant.

I think Tambor is great, I just could never get into Lithgow's work ever since I was a kid...I think his voice really bothers me, that's part of it for sure. :grin: And I never enjoyed Third Rock from the Sun.

sith_killer_99
10-18-2006, 07:59 PM
*unless of course, we're talking about Harry and the Hendersons.

I liked Lithgow in "Footloose" and "Raising Cain"!

30 Rock was pretty funny. But then I am an admitted Tina Fey fan!

Twenty Good Years was funny a heck tonight!!!

It looks like I have found my "pre-LOST" televison programs...for now.;)

2-1B
10-18-2006, 09:02 PM
Oops, I forgot to watch it tonight.

El Chuxter
10-19-2006, 10:52 AM
I saw about five minutes of this last night. How does carp like this get on the air, and shows like Arrested Development are cancelled? Seriously. Answer me that, Mr Green Lantern.

(Okay, that was a totally inappropriate comic book reference that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Move along. Move along.)

2-1B
10-19-2006, 06:27 PM
"That was a totally inappropriate comic book reference that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Move along! Move along!"

damn you and your Jedi mind tricks, Chux. :(

sith_killer_99
10-19-2006, 06:48 PM
Mr Green Lantern.

(Okay, that was a totally inappropriate comic book reference that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Move along. Move along.)

In brightest day, in blackest night no TV shall escape my sight, let those who worship bad televisions might, beware my power, green lantern's light!:D

I just couldn't resist.;)

El Chuxter
10-19-2006, 08:52 PM
C'mon, no one remembers Denny O'Neil's first issue of Green Lantern/Green Arrow? That's one of the milestones of comic history, where the guy in Harlem (?) gets GL on the spot and asks why he works for the blue folks, and helped the red folks and green folks, but has never done anything for the brown folks.

I'm serious. I can guarantee you jjreason and darthvyn know the issue. It really is one of the super-duper high points in comic storytelling.

JediTricks
10-20-2006, 07:38 PM
Here's the exact language of it:

"I been readin' 'bout you... how you work for the blue skins... and how on a planet someplace you helped out the orange skins... and you done considerable for the purple skins! Only there's skinsyou never bothered with... the black skins! I want to know... how come?! Answer me that, Mr. Green Lantern!"

I also attached the panel: 14685

Of course, GL could have just replied:
"I'm sorry, I thought the black skins lived along with the other humans on this planet which I save on a near-daily basis from getting pulverized into an asteroid belt. Am I not helping enough when I keep every single person on the face of the Earth from getting hurled into the sun?!? Here, take my ring, let's see you do better. Go on, take it, I'll let Sinestro know you're the new Lantern corps member protecting this sector of space, I'm sure he'll take it nice and easy on you until you're up to speed on how to effectively use the ring!"
... but that might have affected the impact of the author's statement. :p

BTW, this week's 30 Rock was even stupider than the previous, and Alec Baldwin didn't get as many good lines.

JEDIpartner
10-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Really? I thought this past week's episode was a little tighter and less ghetto than the previous week's. I really enjoyed this one. Actually, it's the only reason I'm planning on tuning in tonight. The if week two was anything like the first week, I wasn't coming back for round three.

JediTricks
10-25-2006, 03:00 PM
I can only agree that it was less ghetto. All of them on someone else's yacht without noticing then jumping off into the bay, did they steal that gag from the I Love Lucy handbook?

2-1B
10-25-2006, 07:43 PM
I liked tonight's episode, TF was very good in it as was AB...especially his Tony Hopkins impression. :grin:

JediTricks
10-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Nearly everything Alec Baldwin did was funny again, Tina Fey was funnier than the previous 2 outings but the writing for her and everybody else felt very stale sitcom-y - since hers were the only funny parts of "everybody else", it still didn't work for me.

I was bummed, when AB's character claimed in the opening episode that he came up with the Trivection oven and it sounded all ridiculous, I didn't realize that was a real GE product they had just came out with, now they're advertising it on 30 Rock! Speaking of lame cross-promotions, having us hear Liz watching Deal or No Deal in 2 separate scenes was cheap, either it's cheap product placement or they were making a commentary on the lonely life and how losers watch DonD, but if that's the case then they needed to deliver it more fully.

2-1B
10-26-2006, 08:21 PM
How 'bout the Conan comment ? I chuckled. lol

JediTricks
10-26-2006, 09:04 PM
Yeah, that was funny, I barely heard it though it went by so fast and the wind gusted or something, so it was "after-the-moment funny".

Mad Slanted Powers
10-26-2006, 09:38 PM
I watched the first episode. It was all right. I've always enjoyed Alec Baldwin on SNL, and I like Tina Fey. I missed the second episode as I was down in Portland checking out the Star Wars Where Science Meets Imagination exhibit, and I watched Jericho instead. I recorded last night's episode but haven't watched it yet. When Bones returns, there will be three shows on at the same time that I want to watch. I can't record two shows at the same time, so this one will lose out.

JediTricks
11-29-2006, 10:43 PM
Tracey Morgan got arrested for Drunk Driving today, not his first arrest for such. That still doesn't explain why people think he's funny. ;)

There's this line for a few episodes back I can't get out of my head, it's actually a Star Wars reference, Liz has just met with Jack and comments to Pete that it was like being a Imperial Officer meeting with Vader about to be killed, Pete responds that she shouldn't worry as she's Captain Needa, and Liz fearfully retorts as the elevator doors close: "No! Captain Needa dies. He dies!"

darthvyn
12-01-2006, 12:52 PM
I was bummed, when AB's character claimed in the opening episode that he came up with the Trivection oven and it sounded all ridiculous, I didn't realize that was a real GE product they had just came out with, now they're advertising it on 30 Rock!

i have taken it all as tongue-in-cheek self deprecating humor. especially since the trivection oven has been around for a couple of years now. it's not like "hey, what's this new product that cooks so fast, alec baldwin?" "why, it's the GE trivection oven, tina fey!"

they also did a huge bit on one episode about how they didn't want to do product placement "synergy" style bits, and then everyone started talking about the snapples they were drinking.

There's this line for a few episodes back I can't get out of my head, it's actually a Star Wars reference, Liz has just met with Jack and comments to Pete that it was like being a Imperial Officer meeting with Vader about to be killed, Pete responds that she shouldn't worry as she's Captain Needa, and Liz fearfully retorts as the elevator doors close: "No! Captain Needa dies. He dies!"

that was frikin' awesome. and pete actually does a pretty good "apology accepted, captain needa" in a vader-like voice.

i've been watching from the beginning and i find it very funny. it's a lot better than it's clone show, studio 60. i just think a drama about making a comedy is a little weird.

from the beginning of this thread, there's a comment about the name and how no one knew what it meant - i understood immediately that "30 rock" stood for rockefeller plaza, but i guess you might need to be a new yorker to get that. of course i never understood why they broadcast SNL anywhere but NY, seeing as how it's almost all humor ABOUT NYC... but whatever.

and yes, chux, i do know the reference you made to GL/GA, but not as well as you might think, as i've mostly been a marvel guy.

JediTricks
12-01-2006, 03:30 PM
they also did a huge bit on one episode about how they didn't want to do product placement "synergy" style bits, and then everyone started talking about the snapples they were drinking.That was funny, but they did it more clever on Studio 60 a week later, there was extra product placement in the back of nearly every shot.

Last night's episode was just awful, awful stuff. There were a few moments where I thought some clever writing or acting might shine through, but then the clouds of mediocrity filled the screen and covered them over.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-01-2006, 07:23 PM
i've been watching from the beginning and i find it very funny. it's a lot better than it's clone show, studio 60. i just think a drama about making a comedy is a little weird.I actually enjoy Studio 60 quite a bit. I just read a review online criticizing Studio 60 for having pretty weak sketch comedy on the show, but to me the show is not about that. I'm just enjoying the characters and their interaction and seeing the process of putting a show like SNL together.

from the beginning of this thread, there's a comment about the name and how no one knew what it meant - i understood immediately that "30 rock" stood for rockefeller plaza, but i guess you might need to be a new yorker to get that. of course i never understood why they broadcast SNL anywhere but NY, seeing as how it's almost all humor ABOUT NYC... but whatever.I understood that as well, having heard the term a lot on SNL and NBC. As far as broadcasting beyond NYC, there are tons of sitcoms that are set in NYC and have situations that are unique to NYC, yet people elsewhere still enjoy them. Then they go visit NYC and can see all the places they saw on TV. Now a show like Almost Live, which was a Seattle show that used to air before SNL, that was one that was really heavy with local humor. Some of it did go national in syndication or part of some show on FOX, but they must have just used the sketches that were more geographically neutral.

darthvyn
12-01-2006, 09:10 PM
As far as broadcasting beyond NYC, there are tons of sitcoms that are set in NYC and have situations that are unique to NYC, yet people elsewhere still enjoy them. Then they go visit NYC and can see all the places they saw on TV.

and that's where fans of "friends" ask their tour guide "there are black people in new york?"

to some degree, i agree with you, but to compare sitcoms that take place in NYC to SNL is totally apples to big apples... where sitcoms "in" NYC go for a broader fan base with more approachable jokes, SNL has something like "coffee talk" (or should i say "cawfee tawk" [&isobaws]), which is generally lost on people who've never been to queens. same can be said for "cheers" and "frazier" - both successfully broke the mold of sitcoms set in NYC, but also mainly by hitting up mainstream jokes that speak to a broader range of demographics. if "cheers" were still on today, how many jokes do you think you would hear about "the big dig" or how the "T" stops running at midnight?

"the king of queens" even isn't as "new york" as it could be. it's still pretty middle-of-the-road. i'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, you need to generalize in order to hit a broad demographic and succeed, but i'd say only a handful of situations out of the entire run of that show can be attributed to "new york situations".

2-1B
12-01-2006, 09:40 PM
I've never been to NY or NYC and I thought 30 Rock was pretty common knowledge.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Since the rest of the "Comedy Night Done Right" shows got their own thread, I felt like showing some love for this one. It seems like nobody watches this, but it's definitely on par with The Office and Scrubs (and usually better than Earl). Thankfully NBC is giving it a chance next season (unlike Andy Barker, P.I., which they apparently cancelled) since it's one of the best shows on TV.

With the move to right after The Office last week, though, I felt like they were kind of trying to wean a new audience into it, since most of the jokes were just extensions of the previous episode, but I don't know if this was intentional or not.

Either way, it's an awesome show, and there's usually at least one Star Wars reference per episode. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
04-15-2007, 02:14 PM
I think it's a decent show. I've caught a few episodes here and there. The last episode I saw was the one where Paul Reubens guest starred. Alec Baldwin is great in this.

jjreason
04-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Yep, very funny stuff. Tracy Morgan is hilarious - he gets a LOT more exposure here than he ever seemed to on SNL. Tina Fey though... hot or not????

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-15-2007, 05:49 PM
I say hot. Though Cerie (the assistant) is hotter.

2-1B
04-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Tina is hot.

In my opinion.

General_Grievous
04-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Tina's hot. So is the assistant. Jenna (the star of the show) ain't bad lookin' either.

jjreason
04-15-2007, 09:20 PM
I was always of the "Tina's hot!" mind m'self, until 30 Rock. Not sure exactly what's up, but it seems like at least once per episode her face is slightly..... I'm not exactly sure what. It almost seems as if she had a surgery after a car accident, or suffers from some sort of micro-paralysis of part of her face.... but not all the time??? Maybe I'm out to lunch.

2-1B
04-15-2007, 09:25 PM
She does have a facial scar but I think I read in an interview that she doesn't like to discuss it. So, I'm not sure what is resulted from?

JEDIpartner
04-17-2007, 02:50 PM
Firstly, I love this show. It's gotten progressively better as the season's gone along. I think it's finally found its rhythm and it is brilliant.

Secondly, I've always thought Alec Balwin was hot. Even though he's gotten thicker looking, ehhh--- I don't care. Still hot! And funny as hell! (Stop going "ewww! ewww! ewww! All you breeder boys. The next one's for you!)

Thirdly, even though I'm gay, I think Tina Fey is hot! She's that smart kinda hot. She's also the you wouldn't know it but she's a freak in the sack kinda hot! (I told you there was a pay off if you stuck around!)

So... there are my three reasons why I love the show. :love:

Oh, and then there's Kenneth and Dr. Spaceman. :D

BTW... where IS Jenna? She's not been in the last couple episodes!

JediTricks
04-20-2007, 05:17 PM
Since the rest of the "Comedy Night Done Right" shows got their own thread, I felt like showing some love for this one. It wasn't love, but I did start a thread on this one, and have merged yours into this thread.

It seems like nobody watches this, but it's definitely on par with The OfficeNobody watches NBC at all, last week they had 0 shows in the top 20, Thursday night suffered their lowest ratings EVER even though everything was new, and they only had 2 shows in the top 30. As for being as funny as The Office... well, I think that show sucks so it's as good as that. :p

With the move to right after The Office last week, though, I felt like they were kind of trying to wean a new audience into it, since most of the jokes were just extensions of the previous episode, but I don't know if this was intentional or not.I think they were stupid as hell to move it after The Office, it didn't segue well and Scrubs leading into ER is a disaster IMO (funny hospital leads to serious hospital - BRILLIANT).

Anyway, lest you think I'm totally bashing here, I actually thought last night's ep was pretty funny - they minimalized unfunny Tracy, didn't bother us with the bland secondary cast much, Alec Baldwin had some great lines, and the writing went way off the norm for the show with some particularly funny material. Even stranger for me, Floyd is a consistently interesting character I think, he's well-acted and well-written even though the actor's awful on SNL - is the fault his acting with the material on SNL or the writing they give him, or both?

I was always of the "Tina's hot!" mind m'self, until 30 Rock. Not sure exactly what's up, but it seems like at least once per episode her face is slightly..... I'm not exactly sure what. It almost seems as if she had a surgery after a car accident, or suffers from some sort of micro-paralysis of part of her face.... but not all the time??? Maybe I'm out to lunch.I know what you mean, it's like she's lost too much weight and/or aged quickly in those shots, her eyes are more sunken in, her cheeks hollowed, her face hardened, and her skin more pale.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-20-2007, 05:28 PM
All the Cleveland stuff was fantastic last night, especially when the guy spat in Liz's mouth. :D

I missed the first few episodes, saw most of the one where Jack set up Liz with a lesbian, thought it was moderately funny, and kept watching since it's gotten much better.

Oh, and Alec Baldwin's phone message to his daughter . . . the actors on this show can't keep themselves out of trouble. I heard Tina Fey killed a guy. ;)

JEDIpartner
04-21-2007, 12:17 PM
I know what you mean, it's like she's lost too much weight and/or aged quickly in those shots, her eyes are more sunken in, her cheeks hollowed, her face hardened, and her skin more pale.

Probably post-pregnancy weightloss gone to the extreme.

JediTricks
04-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Probably post-pregnancy weightloss gone to the extreme.
I dunno about that, she had her kid long before the show, but her look her has been falling steadily throughout the season.

Alec Baldwin's message was pretty crazy, for a second I thought it was a hoax because of how he says "Friday, April 20th" all calmly, but apparently he's confirmed it's real. Psycho! I still think he's funny as hell here though. And I like that his hair isn't cut as short as it was in the first few eps after the pilot, it just didn't fit the character then.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-21-2007, 10:26 PM
There was an article in Entertainment Weekly a couple weeks ago that might explain it. The lead-in to the article says "How did Saturday Night Live vet Tina Fey transform 30 Rock from a so-so sitcom into the funniest show on TV? The answer might have something to do with sleep deprivation, baby vomit, and Alec Baldwin (not necessarily in that order)."

So, she's probably just exhausted. In the article she also says, "A few weeks ago, I actually struck my husband in anger because I was so tired. I was trying to go to sleep after having slept 3 out of 48 hours, and he was doing a bit about how he wasn't going to stop talking. Like, 'Anyway...are you sleeping yet?' He said I was laughing, but then I just went 'STOP IT!' and shoved him really hard. I used to laugh at those people on The Apprentice when they would stay up one whole night and then lose it and start crying, but I became that person."

JediTricks
04-22-2007, 06:45 PM
I'm glad to hear Fey recognized the show's early deficiencies and is working to address them, but it's too bad she's taking such a beating over it. My guess is the show is like a 1 man band, she's doing the lion's share of the writing and producing while the others are slacking.

JEDIpartner
04-23-2007, 11:47 AM
You know... maybe his daughter IS a thoughtless little pig. Perhaps he's just at the end of his rope with her and she needs some tough love. Maybe this was the only way he could get her attention. Then again, how did this message leak? Who were the people involved in putting this domestic dispute out in public view? Probably the thoughtless little pig and her equally stupid mother.

Oh... but I'm not totally defending him. I'm just saying... consider it. ;)

2-1B
04-23-2007, 06:13 PM
As for being as funny as The Office... well, I think that show sucks so it's as good as that. :p

The Office = funniest show in TV history.

JEDIpartner
04-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Ooooh... I don't think The Office is the funniest show in history but I'll place it around number 12 or so in the top twenty funniest shows in history.

2-1B
04-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Fair enough JP...at least you are on the right track. :D

I missed the Alec Baldwin thing, I saw O'Reilly talking about it on FoxNews tonight but he refused to play it. I'll have to search Youtube. :confused:

Tonysmo
04-23-2007, 11:00 PM
lets sum up this thread with..

a. 30 rock - funny show. VERY funny show.

b. Tina Fey. .. Id hit it like a Trex. <- can I even say that here?

c. Alex B. He is dad. and has the right to chew out his kid. Which is what he did... it could have been Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse. and I think you all know what I mean.. he csalled her a.. pig. OH NOES!!

I personally think the other half is more to blame for releasing that to try to damage him.

JediTricks
04-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Baldwin says his daughter was abusing his phone time with her, he has court-scheduled phone visitation and she was using it to play him or something. I thought he crossed the line a little but generally seemed to be not a big deal situation. And yeah, there's only 1 way that sucker got out.

2-1B
04-24-2007, 05:44 PM
K Bas claims innocence.

JEDIpartner
04-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Then, apparently, it was the little pig.

JediTricks
04-26-2007, 05:53 PM
Baldwin is now saying he wants to stop working and start dealing with his life and with divorce - both his own and the phenomenon in general. NBC responded that they have no desire to let him out of his contract.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Well, now they're on summer hiatus, so hopefully he can get a few things together and not quit completely.

Sean Hayes felt off as Kenneth's cousin, but I liked it otherwise. Jack's mom was awesome, and Spaceman had some great lines too.

Tenric78
04-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Then, apparently, it was the little pig.

lol

I was never called anything that bad by my dad, but he could be a total *** if I acted like one. :whip: I've heard a lot more anger in my dad's voice than Baldwin had... but he also had a death stare too that was pretty potent.

JEDIpartner
04-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Dads can be pretty scary. :o

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-04-2007, 10:46 AM
After hearing pretty much nothing but high praises for this show, I decided to do a blind DVD purchase. I'll probably watch a few episodes on nbc.com before I open it though. We'll see. :thumbsup:

JEDIpartner
04-14-2009, 09:29 AM
I figured that so many of us were on a 30 Rock high in the thread for The Office that I thought I should bump this.

Let's discuss!!!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-15-2009, 06:13 PM
No posts in here for almost two years? What the what!!!

I still really love this show. As I posted in the Office thread, when I was in New York recently, I visited Rockefeller center with my mom and sister and we geeked out over the 30 Rock stuff.

Here are a few pictures - me and my sister in front of the sign shown on the opening credits (or at least one very similar), us by that NBC sign often seen on the show, then the building itself and the famous Prometheus statue.

JediTricks
04-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Show is still mixed, mostly on the positive side, but I don't see why it's getting heaps of praise.

I keep running into Jack McBrayer (Kenneth) in my neighborhood, he must be local. One of the actors who plays one of the writers lives in my building. I ran into Tina Fey on Wednesday at Culver City Target, she took note of me coaxing my grandmother out of the paper towel section. :p

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Kenneth's comment about his "nutsack" in last weeks episode was HILARIOUS. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
05-06-2009, 03:01 PM
My sister called me about that one, she thought it was so funny. And then, a couple days ago, I saw him again driving down my street. He's got to live in my neighborhood, all the times I seen him over the past year or so.

JEDIpartner
05-15-2009, 01:39 PM
The KIDNEY NOW! portion was one of the funniest star-studded moments on television EVER.

Elvis Costello: "Listen, when someone starts talking in the middle of a song, you know it's serious..."

Mary J. Blige: "So give Milton a kidney... We all believe in this cause so much-- we're doin' it for free-- except Sheryl..."

Sheryl Crow: "That's right. I'm the only one gettin' paid..."

Norah Jones: "And only three of us are drunk!"

Michael McDonald: "Milton Green needs a kidney-- just like I need this beard. You don't wanna know what's under here."

Adam Levine: "And while you don't have two beards... you do have two kidneys. Think of it this way: If I had two dollars, I'd give you one. Wouldn't I?"

Cyndi Lauper: "I'm one of the drunk ones!"

:D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-15-2009, 09:47 PM
Gotta agree JP! That ensemble of star was hilariously awesome!! The ones you mentioned along with Moby, Norah Jones, two of the Beastie Boys, etc, etc. Really awesome!!

And I laughed my arse off when it was revealed that Clay Aiken is Kenneth's cousin. lol :thumbsup:

JediTricks
05-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Cute episode, I liked how the game of catch started out, and Alan Alda's "chicken and a baby" line was a scream if you know the reference he's making. TV needs more Hawkeye Pierce!

Droid
05-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Cute episode, I liked how the game of catch started out, and Alan Alda's "chicken and a baby" line was a scream if you know the reference he's making. TV needs more Hawkeye Pierce!

Ya, I fell down on the chicken and a baby joke and I was the only one in my house laughing! It was a pretty inside reference (about the most watched show in TV history).

JEDIpartner
10-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Jack: We'll trick those race car-loving wide loads into loving your, watching your lefty homoerotic propaganda hour yet!

Darth Metalmute
10-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Pretty good episode last night. I loved when Jack tore apart Bubba last night. It was weird to see that kind of comedy out of Jeff though.

JEDIpartner
10-31-2009, 01:35 PM
Jack consoling Liz with a broom and wafting away her "chuckle" gas was classic!!!

JediTricks
10-31-2009, 01:38 PM
There is something wrong with the world when a no-talent schmuck like Jimmy Fallon gets his own show yet gets out-acted by Jack McBrayer in a scene. Not that McBrayer isn't talented, but he's a bit of a newcomer and certainly doesn't have his own show.

JEDIpartner
10-31-2009, 03:03 PM
Well... that's why Fallon has a talk show and isn't actually doing any acting. LOL

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-26-2010, 11:22 AM
FYI: Amazon has season 3 for $16.99! That's almost 16-17 bucks off the regular price!! :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
10-18-2010, 07:02 PM
Anyone check out the live show last week? Or the fact that there were different versions for each coast?

Ando
10-19-2010, 05:10 PM
Yeah, that episode was weird. I would have probably made me laugh a lot more if was filmed like the regular episodes, but it was just "off".

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-22-2010, 09:32 PM
I thought the live episode was pretty fun for what it was - a weird, one-off experience.

Otherwise, this season's episodes have all been outstanding. Both this and The Office are spectacularly on their game so far after comparatively lackluster seasons last year.