PDA

View Full Version : Will Mr. Lucas bridge the trilogies?

JEDIpartner
08-22-2001, 10:08 AM
It had been discussed, sometime in the past, by several members of these forums. Will Uncle George bridge the trilogies by possibly using the lost "Luke with the macrobinoculars" scene at the end of Episode III.

I think that it would be a nice flash forward to Episode IV and tying in the infant Luke with the Luke was had first been introduced to.

I envision the last shots as a fade out on an infant Luke and then a fade in on young adult Luke with the melancholy reading of "The Force Theme" playing (akin to the one played when he is looking at the sunset in IV). Luke looks to the sky with the macrobinoculars as the shot closes in on his face, following up the macrobinoculars and then wiping to the end credits starfield.

So... basically, does anyone else feel that Mr. Lucas will or will not bridge the trilogies?

evenflow
08-23-2001, 08:46 AM
I gave it some thought, and I dont see him doing it. It would be nice, becaue as it stands I think there will be a gap. I hope he does something if there is. It would be cool though.

bigbarada
08-23-2001, 05:01 PM
No, emphatically no. I'm pretty much positive he won't do it. It's totally unnecessary. The method of storytelling Lucas uses forces the audience to think about things on their own, he never lays it all out for them.

But if Ep3 forces me to eat my words, I'll be the first to admit you were right.

Magnolia-Fan
08-25-2001, 12:48 PM
As neat as it would be, I dont think the binocular scene would fit within the context of the film, and would give it an awkward ending.

However, It wouldn't be a bad idea to latch it on AFTER the end credits (like the Vader breathing sound effect at the end of E1).

Rollo Tomassi
09-03-2001, 12:21 AM
Heh. I saw Magnolia-Fan posting here BEFORE I saw JSBSB and thought "Hey! I know that guy!" geez I'm a dork.

Second. I don't think there will be a bridge. It's two separate trilogies.

2-1B
09-03-2001, 01:25 AM
I hope there is not because the gap will be a bridge in itself.

Presumably, Episode III will end with the rise of Vader, and Episode IV will pick up with him as a successful Sith Lord. The structure of the galaxy will be basically the same, with Palps in power before and after the gap.

GNT
09-05-2001, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Will Mr. Lucas bridge the trilogies?

yes he will bridge both trilogies with the use of a big long bridge ;)

I don't think he will at all!

JEDIpartner
09-05-2001, 10:01 AM
Will he use the one spanning Sydney harbour?

GNT
09-08-2001, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Will he use the one spanning Sydney harbour?

He could :D

Obi-Don
10-05-2001, 02:27 AM
No I don't think he will.Theres too much time between the EPIII and ANH.I would be cool as stated before to see luke looking into the sky and hearing Vader breathing.

Co Jo-Da
10-17-2001, 12:52 AM
I hope so but GL better start doing it in Episode II and Episode III. Even if its small hints and tid-bits...

2-1B
09-04-2005, 02:07 AM
An interesting theory JP, but I think the macrobinocs scene should definitely find it's way onto the next DVD release since we didn't get it the first go 'round. :(

JimJamBonds
09-04-2005, 01:02 PM
Personally seeing a young Luke with the macrobinocs wasn't that big of a deal, but as was suggested there was a bridging scene that included Luke. The little scamp does look out at the twin suns setting (well kinda) with Uncle and Auntie looking on with him. Its a chance to bridge the trilogies and have a similar type scene it just has a different take on then what we see in ANH.