PDA

View Full Version : Lightsaber color

SithDroid
01-31-2002, 12:43 AM
Which lightsaber color is your favorite? If you had the chance to be in a SW film what color would you choose if you could?

Mine would have to be like Plo-Koon's. An orange/yellow color.

Obi-Don
01-31-2002, 06:54 AM
I would choose purple.Its always been my favorite color.

JetsAndHeels
01-31-2002, 10:52 AM
Definately Red. Red shows power.
My second choice would be blue.

Lord Malakite
01-31-2002, 11:46 AM
I like the red sabers myself. If I had a part in the movie I would want a black saber. The center of the saber would be black instead of white and and would be outlined in purple (sort of like a black light). In addition, everything around my lightsaber would be lit up as if I was holding a black light. That would be awsome. :cool:

Rollo Tomassi
01-31-2002, 09:58 PM
Where are the teals? the fuschias? The periwinkles? The olives? The ceruleans? The muaves? the tangerines? the day-glo orange? The limes? the mahoganys? The burnt siennas?

JediTricks
02-01-2002, 12:00 AM
Green - the color of Jedi who aren't totally with the light side of the Force.

Malakite, black wouldn't work IMO because it's the absence of light so you'd want something more like a very dark purple. If you had a black middle, I don't think it'd look very good on film, like my attachment below. Instead of being brilliant, it'd be like a big moving shadow.

Lord Malakite
02-01-2002, 01:20 AM
It would have brighter edges than that. Think of Mace's saber, except of getting gradually lighter and eventually white as you reach the center it would get darker and then eventually be black when it reaches the center.

JediTricks
02-01-2002, 01:41 AM
I think if you see it in an action concept, you'll see what I mean about moving shadow. I stepped up the outer "glow" quite a bit (I didn't have time to sort out the gradient, although the blade this originally came from DID have this, only the design was for a much larger image so you can't see it here) and put the whole thing on a standard SW background and like I said, I think it feels like a moving black hole on the screen rather than a weapon.

Rollo Tomassi
02-01-2002, 08:18 AM
I think if you put a thin white edge around the black (in between the black and purple), it might help. Seeing it leave an energy trail would help too, not a black energy trail, a colored one. Especially if it were casting light shadows like a traditional saber. Physics be damned...

Lord Malakite
02-01-2002, 11:29 AM
I like it! Its perfect! Thats pretty much what I had imagined from the get go. I far as blending in with the background, that can be taken care of two ways. The fight scene would take place in a brighter area, like Tatooine. The other option for a darker fight scene would be to make the background lighting from the lightsaber react as if it were lit by a blacklight (example: a white wall usually hidden in the shadows would be lit up a neon bluish color and so on). Seeing a lightsaber that defies the natural laws of physics and nature in action would be awsome. It would give an action scene some what of an unearthly evil feeling about it.

One other interesting point. For a jedi, what is more deadly, the lightsaber they can see or the one that they can't? :cool:

Rollo Tomassi
02-02-2002, 09:05 AM
Jedi use the Force to block blades , blasters, etc, intuitively. They don't really WATCH the blade coming for their neck, they just sort of FEEL it coming and whip their own saber up into a blocking stance. They actually train with helmets over their eyes so they can use the Force more effectively, like Luke on the Falcon in ANH or the EU Obi Wan action figure. Seeing the blade is pretty irrelevant.

Lord Malakite
02-02-2002, 01:09 PM
Yeah, your probably right about that Rollo. ;) Still, I would think that it would be slightly more nerve racking on a Jedi, especially the younger children/Padawans just starting on their training. At least it would be quite effective on non-force users, but I guess so would a traditional saber. :evil:

sith_killer_99
02-02-2002, 11:48 PM
I would like purple, with green polka dots. Or red and white candy cane stripes.:D :D :D :D :D

GNT
02-04-2002, 01:12 AM
I'd have purple,But darker than the one we have seen :)

JediTricks
02-04-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
...Or red and white candy cane stripes.:D :D :D :D :D That's what I did for the "new posts" graphic on the main forums page for the x-mas theme. :D

bigbarada
02-04-2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
That's what I did for the "new posts" graphic on the main forums page for the x-mas theme. :D

Careful, you'll give Lucas ideas.:D ;)